World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.04.22 | An Itchy Situation
7am | F'drel

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
She regretted nothing about the day before. How could she? It had been spent with Misharan, one of her closer friends and one she didn’t get to see that often thanks to both of them being dragonless. In truth, it really wasn’t that hard to get together, all they had to do was ask a dragonrider, most doing it for free some maybe needing a mark or two for the task. But, as hard as it was for both of their egos to admit, they did have other friends and tasks that took up time that could have been dedicated to each other. The day was spent together and they even ventured outside of the Weyr, first going to Telgar Hold to get something to eat and then just meandering until they ended up in a quiet meadow with some trees and plants and what not where they gossiped and relaxed.

All that said, maybe she did regret one thing; her lack of survival skills. Whether she was just cursed to never remember plants or she was too distracted to notice, Mylorah had ended up lounging in the deceptively benign-looking clover that caused a rather itchy rash. A rash that didn’t develop until she had returned to Ista and T’ryn pointed out her back was red and looked like welts were rising. She supposed that’s what she got for wearing her cute yet somewhat revealing dress and using her light jacket as a pillow while they laid on the ground.

The Healer had asked her if she had purposely been rolling around in the stuff as a way to get out of work and she had to confess to her blindness before the Healer sighed and rubbed numbweed on her back and gave her a jar to apply to her arms and legs with instructions to re-apply every twelve or so hours for three days. She was also told it wouldn’t get her out of her duties and she barely refrained from rolling her eyes. That hadn’t been her goal! She didn’t mind her chores and stated she was glad it wouldn’t interfere before thanking the man and leaving.

It was now twelve or so hours later, early morning, and she was itchy. That shouldn’t have been a problem, except she knew most of her friends would see the rubdown as an invite for something a bit more sexual than she was in the mood to go for. Honestly, she was itchy and slightly in pain thanks to the swelling at her wrists giving her grief when she moved her hands. That was the first area that was hit with numbweed and she sighed with relief several minutes later. Now to find someone to help her get the harder to reach areas.

She was debating one of her brothers but F’drel popped into her mind just as easily. Truthfully, he was almost at brother status as well. She knew their friendship wasn’t going into more intimate directions and the way he sometimes tolerated her antics made her feel like a little sister that was being humoured. It was nice in its own way.

That decided, she dressed in a light dress that wouldn’t rub too much on her back, grabbed the jar, and bee-lined to F’drel’s weyr where she knocked and put on her most pathetic pout and whiny voice just as he answered. “Feeeennnn,” she had asked him once what his given name was and he had surprised her by sharing the information. Upon mentioning she liked it and asking if she could call him Fen… actually, she couldn’t recall his response right then. She was too desperate to be rid of the pain and had to stop herself from rubbing her back against the wall. She was certain he said it was fine but whether he did or not, she knew she had decided not to use it regularly in case it inspired others to do so as well and it ended up making him uncomfortable. She felt he was improving on his social skills but it felt like too much familiarity might make him withdraw again.

“I need your hands all over my body. Now,” okay, so she couldn’t resist teasing him despite earlier thoughts about avoiding people she slept with and thinking of F’drel as her brother. It was just too much fun sometimes! Mylorah held up the numbweed as she smiled to show she hadn’t completely lost her mind just yet. “Please?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
F’drel was awake when he heard the knock on his door, and he frowned slightly at the door and set down his mug of klah — he’d made it himself this time instead of wandering down to the dining cavern, giving himself something to do instead of lying in bed unable to fall back asleep — before cautiously going to the door. There wouldn’t many people who’d stop by this early, and R’dal usually came by way of Miri’s ledge. Still, there were a few other common visitors who could have changed up their routine for whatever reason. Or even someone who was knocking on the wrong door. It had happened to him once before, but that time had been late at night and the bluerider had been very drunk. He hoped he wouldn’t have any drunk blueriders stopping by this early in the morning, but F’drel had learned to never underestimate blueriders.

It wasn’t a bluerider, thankfully, but it was Mylorah doing a very good impression of his youngest sister when she wasn’t feeling well, especially with the nickname. F’drel raised a single eyebrow at her. “Does that line usually work on people?” he asked, letting her into his weyr. He had, for a moment, been very confused by Mylorah’s words, but then she held up the numbweed, and he recognized the pink rash on her arms and shoulders. F’drel wasn’t sure exactly what it was from — lots of weird things on Pern could give you rashes — but he could tell it wasn’t comfortable. It also probably made reaching the back of her shoulders even harder for Mylorah, hence asking him for help.

“What’d you do to yourself?” F’drel held out his hand for the numbweed jar, assenting to help her in her current predicament. What was he gonna do, kick her out? Make her find someone else to help her? Besides, she really had that little sister pout perfected. She and Kalea should share tips.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"You'd be surprised," Mylorah replied as she slipped inside, grateful that F'drel had clearly already had enough klah to realise she was teasing and still let her in. "Truthfully, with a lot of guys around here, you don't even need to say that much." Some of the Weyr's occupants only need a 'you, me' and pointing to somewhere vague to get the picture. She tried to avoid such tactics, though with some of her friends she'd do it just because they both knew how silly it was and they were almost mocking those that did do it.

"Anyway, what I did was have a lovely day with Misharan that involved getting away from the Weyrs and lazing in a field... and found a patch of what's it called. Honestly, how did I grow up in a jungle and live to tell you all about it?" Several friends' voices popped into her head telling her she was ditzy at times and how they always joked she was the reason for the buddy system when wandering a few feet from Katila's borders. She always scowled, and eventually laughed at them, but they weren't wrong. She'd probably walk right into the mouth of a feline if she didn't have someone else walking with her.

A glance around F'drel's bare weyr made her once again want to buy him something to brighten the place up but she had learned he didn't seem to have an attachment to anything that didn't serve a purpose so she supposed anything decorative would be viewed as a waste or inconvenience. Still, he needed at least another chair so he could entertain more than one person at a time. Then again, Mylorah knew he'd hate that as well because then it would be an invite for more people to visit. She loved F'drel just the way he was but she still hoped he was never lonely.

After quickly debating lying in his bed, Mylorah dashed away that idea and took the chair from the dining table, spun it around, and straddled it backwards. She shimmied out of the straps of her dress and delicately held the dress up with a hand on her chest. Her back was exposed and the invite clear; please slather my back in that glorious numbweed!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel snorted sardonically, agreeing with Mylorah’s statement. Some men you could do nothing more than make eye contact with and they’d take that as an invitation. A line like Mylorah’s would have half of them with their pants already off. Weyr men were ridiculous.

“There are several plants that do this, I couldn’t tell you which one. I didn’t get out much growing up, and haven’t run into any rash-inducing plants around here yet. Not as many of them on beaches, it seems, and those are Miri’s favorite.” Which he was thankful for, really. But it didn’t help him remember the names of the things.

The bareness of his weyr was something F’drel rarely thought about. He just didn’t need that much, and it didn’t occur to him to buy things — he was saving all the marks he earned for his siblings. Kelikki also had him holding onto the majority of their savings, just in case. They both felt his weyr was safer than their rooms in Lord Jalazmar and Xyliah’s home. The most he’d done was get an extra pillow and a couple blankets from the storerooms, to better facilitate R’dal’s nap visit tendencies.

He let Mylorah sit herself comfortably in the chair before moving closer, opening the numbweed jar and inspecting her back. She’d really gotten herself everywhere, didn’t she? “Shit, Mylorah, you’re red everywhere. Were you even wearing a shirt in that field?” F’drel asked, scooping some of the numbweed up and gently rubbing it between her shoulder blades. “I’m going to assume it’s all over your legs, too.” Honestly, did she roll in the stuff naked? The rash was all over her. And it looked painful.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Don't you start as well," Mylorah huffed and then frowned as she dropped her head to rest on the chair back. "The Healer is convinced I purposely rolled around naked in the stuff to get out of chores even though he also said I'm likely one of the rare cases of being super sensitive to the stuff. Apparently most normal people just get the rash in the area the plant touched but mine spread some and caused some welts." She sighed, not really surprised at her luck. She didn't really get sick and could eat all the cakes and cookies she wanted and not gain weight from it, but find one little plant and she turned into an itchy red blob.

"Anyway, I was wearing one of my usual dresses so, yeah, a lot of exposed skin but it still spread to covered areas. Most covered areas, not everywhere." Thank goodness for that! She could handle scratching her arms or legs in public but other areas didn't need any sort of touching in public places. "I think I might carry a blanket with me everywhere I go now to avoid sitting where I shouldn't." It really was a good idea. She could prepare a travel kit that had a blanket and a few other essentials in it. Just call her Back Pack Mylo because that bag would be glued to her back!

"And fair warning, you are way too good at applying this stuff so I will be seeing you in about twelve hours for another application." A smile was sent over her shoulder to F'drel, projecting all her innocence and some patheticness for the situation. And then it turned a little wicked, "you know, if I tell the right people your hands are amazing, you might get some dates out of it."

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Think of it this way,” F’drel said wryly, “if you’re just learning now that you react terribly to the stuff, it means you haven’t had to deal with it before.” If Mylorah had spent her childhood menaced by the rash-inducing plant, she’d definitely have known what it looked like and how to avoid it, but she’d have spent a lot more time deeply uncomfortable. Or maybe this variety just didn’t grow in Katila and she never ran into it before. Still meant she’d never had to deal with it prior to this.

He kept slathering the numbweed on Mylorah’s back and shoulders, putting extra on the spots where the welts she mentioned had developed. Plants could do real nasty things to people, it was a wonder anyone survived the Southern Continent, not just Mylorah. And of course, since it was Mylorah, she had to make a comment about setting him up with someone.

“You can come back if you need to, but I doubt I’m any better at this than any other dragonrider. We all spend a lot of time oiling dragons, and it’s basically the same thing. You’re just a lot smaller than Miri.” F’drel highly doubted he had any particular skill at putting numbweed on people or oil on dragons, and certainly didn’t want Mylorah spreading any stories about him having talented hands. His life was complicated enough without random people showing up at his weyr declaring they needed his hands all over their bodies, thanks. Especially since most of them wouldn’t be bringing numbweed.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah was torn between laughing and pouting at the logic F’drel used to counter her teasing. She couldn’t even say he wasn’t any fun because that was part of his charm. He also had a very dry and sometimes twisted sense of humour that she had to wonder if anyone else noticed. No doubt some people thought he was just snooty or rude but there had to be others who appreciated it. R’dal likely did since he saw everyone in his own way.

“First, thank you for very clearly stating I am much smaller than your dragon. Even my confidence can be shaken by the wrong word from the right person,” not that she’d ever think even one of her brothers calling her as fat as a dragon would upset her. She’d likely even laugh it off; unless N’mor said then the boy would probably receive a punch to his arm with an eye roll.

“But you’re right. Thanks for ruining my teasing with your sensibility. I actually didn’t even think about all you dragonriders having good hands for massages because of the constant oilings you give your dragons.” She switched hands that held up the front of her dress so the now free hand could give a light scratch to an itch on her leg. “And we already discussed how most other men would try to make a move if I asked them to do this but you’re too noble to do so even if it was invited.” Honestly, Mylorah couldn’t imagine F’drel taking anyone up on their offers, even if she at one point may have hoped he would make an advance on her.

“And what would you do if I suddenly dropped my dress in obvious invitation?” Another glance was given over her shoulder as she posed the question and as much as she knew F’drel would see she was up to something again, Mylorah just couldn’t put all of her efforts into it and shook her head with a sigh, “I already know the answer. You’re a good man, F’drel. I’m glad I kept pestering you until you gave in.” She flashed him a smile and turned back to take full advantage of the massage. She was pretty sure he had covered her entire back and some areas were starting to numb, but she’d let him continue as long as he wanted. She deserved a little spoiling and knew she’d return the gesture or bake him klah-flavoured cookies.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

He may have made the comment, but F’drel had never considered that dragonriders might be better with applying salves and things to people due to practice oiling dragons either. He’d just thought of it in the moment as a way to brush off her compliment and keep her from starting problematic rumors. Like he was going to brush off her comment about him being noble.

“Hey, none of that,” F’drel swatted at Mylorah’s hand gently as she tried to scratch her leg, “you’ll just make it worse.” Which would probably enforce her thought that he was ‘noble’ — a word F’drel really wished would never be applied to him in any way, shape, or form, but he didn’t have the energy to have the conversation about why and ask Mylorah not to use it. Hadn’t had enough klah for that.

F’drel also hadn’t had enough klah to deal with Mylorah’s continued attempts to tease him and he was relieved she seemed to change directions and drop it. She did know exactly how he’d react, or at least an approximation. Most likely a disapprovingly raised eyebrow and a cessation of further numbweed application until she stopped being so suggestive. As it was, F’drel ignored her, focusing instead on double checking that all the rash-covered skin on Mylorah’s back and shoulders she might have trouble reaching had been properly slathered in numbweed.

“I think that’s everywhere,” he said, adding a little extra to areas that would see the most movement or contact with her clothing. “Anywhere still bothering you?”

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“Booo,” Mylorah didn’t like hearing that the massage was over. She had been lucky to get what she did when even the Healer had only slapped a coat of numbweed on her skin and sent her on her way. She could tell F’drel had little siblings given the way he carefully took his time to make sure everything was done properly and the other person was comfortable the whole time and not lacking in anything while in his care. He might have given off the impression that he would simply close the door in the face of anyone looking for help but Mylorah was happy she knew better—even if knowing still didn’t get her an endless massage while sunbathing on his ledge.

“Everywhere is still bothering me to some degree but it’s infinitely better than it was.” Numbweed did as advertised and numbed the pain though it didn’t fully take it away. She wasn’t dying from the itchiness or swelling at her joints now but there was a dull ache that she could mostly ignore—especially once she started her chores and was properly distracted.

“You’re my hero and I won’t hear you say anything to the contrary.” No doubt he would try but Mylorah would just wave it away and list all the reasons why he was not only a hero but simply an amazing friend. By the end of the list she’d hopefully have him blushing or annoyed for saying such things and the look she gave F’drel as he stepped away from his task said she was up to the challenge if he wanted it.

“Now go wash your hands before you touch your cheek and put half your face to sleep,” she laughed at the idea and set about putting her dress back on properly. Standing, the chair was returned to its original position as well since she knew how much of a neat freak F’drel could be and didn’t want to leave any sort of mess after the favour he did. “I’ll keep the jar here if you don’t mind because I am definitely coming back after tonight’s bath for a reapplication. I better get moving. I’m in laundry all day and won’t hear the end of it if I’m late.”

Wandering over to F’drel’s side, Mylorah bounced up on tip toe—she hated that she was taller than most girls but still annoyingly short against most boys—and placed a quick kiss to his cheek. “Thank you again and I owe you for this. Oh, and for coming to rescue me for midday meal,” she practically sang the stated request before turning to make her exit.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel hummed, not really intending for it to be agreement or dissent. Mylorah could interpret it as she would. Putting numbweed on a friend could hardly count as heroic, but he was sure there was no point arguing the fact. Better to just let her have her way in it, F’drel felt, stepping back to give her space to stand up.

He did appreciate that she took so much care putting the chair back, but not for the reason she might think he would. Despite his constant cleaning, it was never the mess that bothered F’drel. Putting things in order just gave him something to do, especially when there was too much going on in his head. Focusing on sweeping the floor or making the bed was a way out. Sometimes he did get twitchy if there was something F’drel felt he should be cleaning but wasn’t, but it was less about a mess or things being out of order than it was the compulsion to do something about it. But he gave people the impression that things being disorderly bugged him, and it didn’t miss F’drel’s notice when people went out of their way to neaten things in his home. He was finding that it usually meant the person, usually Mylorah or R’dal, didn’t want to inconvenience or annoy him, which, with those two, at least, meant they cared about how he felt. It was nice to know they did.

“A good idea,” he agreed, definitely wanting to get the slightly oily feeling off his hands. They had also gotten a bit tingly from having so much numbweed on them, and Mylorah was right that he didn’t want it anywhere else on his body. Did Healers just go around with numb hands? That just sounded dangerous. Did they become immune to numbweed over time? If so, that would really suck if the Healer needed some themself. F’drel set the now closed jar on his bare table. “It’ll be here when you return,” he promised, letting her kiss his cheek without a fuss. It was very much a little sister move. And then he registered that that Mylorah had invited herself to having lunch with him. Alright, whatever, it’s not like he had plans for the day anyway, he could eat a meal with Mylorah. Or two, possibly, it wouldn’t surprise F’drel if she wiggled her way into joining him for dinner as well. Fine, there were worse people. At least half the Weyr, to start with.

“Good luck with the laundry,” F’drel said, waving as she headed out, “careful with your hands and arms, the numbweed will probably come off pretty quickly in the wash water. Think they’ll let you sort or fold? Maybe wear gloves?”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)