World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.02.27 | Merely a Setback
4pm | F'drel

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Edath landed on Halomirth’s ledge, reaching out to nuzzle her in greeting, though R’dal stayed where he was mounted. Typically he was sliding down the blue hide as soon as Edath was on the ground but this time he stayed put, sulking and suddenly wondering why he wanted to bother F’drel with his sad tale. Although, F’drel also wasn’t the first person he thought of finding and that made him feel even worse. But R’dare was off visiting a friend and while Misharan had been supportive of the idea, R’dal also wondered if it was a bit unfair to talk about a goal he couldn’t reach with his dragon when Misharan was still trying to obtain the dream of having a dragon in the first place. Even Madiquel wasn’t around and she was a great listener and didn’t mind dragon drama despite her own desire to never Impress. So F’drel was the obvious next step, even if R’dal had been trying not to be so needy with the greenrider since he discovered that everything they did stemmed from his own ideas and desires.

R’dal didn’t even know where his thoughts were leading him and he was getting confused over whether he wanted to see F’drel or not. Well, of course he wanted to see F’drel! He was so cool and amazing and was a master at cuddling but… ugh, he was going in circles again!

He finally slid down Edath’s side but hesitated again before knocking or simply going inside with the hope Halomirth would announce him. Maybe just a hug from the green lady first would make him feel better. So that’s what he did. R’dal threw his arms out wide and leaned against the warm hide that had been sitting in the sun for who knew how long, check pressed against it as he let out a sigh. “Hi, Miri,” he very rarely used the nickname that F’drel regularly used. He didn’t know why but it felt a bit too personal and while dragons were so kind, R’dal worried he’d still upset one by not being respectful enough to use their proper name. But he was sulking and wanted to feel a deeper connection with someone other than his dragon—who was taking this whole rejection thing far better than he was.

Because it isn’t a true rejection. The Weyrleader said bronzes were always better at finding goldrider Candidates so I have nothing to worry about. Edath sat regally as he eyed his rider, wondering what the big deal was. He knew why R’dal wanted to be a Searchrider and Edath did feel bad that he was the cause for so much misery in his otherwise cheerful mate, and the more he thought about it, the more he realised he really was to blame for R’dal’s current bleak outlook and that was starting to distress him further.

“I don’t blame you, Edath,” he didn’t, honestly. Maybe they were still too young or maybe they really weren’t meant to Search and he’d eventually accept that. Maybe. But for the moment, his dreams were dashed and he wanted hugs.

“Is F’drel home? Oh and awake?” He liked the idea of just crawling into bed and curling up beside his friend but F’drel likely wouldn’t like the idea too much since he didn’t seem the sort to like frights or waking up to someone beside him when he went to sleep alone. “Oh! And alone!” He didn’t see Zeianth but that didn’t mean D’hys wasn’t visiting or anyone in Ista. F’drel had other friends and a life that didn’t revolve around one bluerider he happened to know.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Conveniently for R’dal, F’drel was indeed home and not doing anything of importance. It had been a day of getting through chores — feed and bathe Halomirth, oil her riding straps and make sure they were in working order, and then clean up around the weyr, which had included washing every scrap of fabric he owned that he wasn’t currently wearing. At the moment Edath touched down on Halomirth’s ledge, F’drel paused in smoothing out the sheet he had just put on the bed as he felt her happiness at having guests. He pressed her gently for the identity of their visitors — Miri was happy about all people stopping by, so it didn’t really tell F’drel anything about who was there, just that they’d arrived — and when she sent the image of R’dal on Edath, and F’drel let out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding. R’dal he could manage, anyone else would probably have required a lot more effort on F’drel’s part and he really wasn’t feeling up to that today.

Halomirth was perfectly happy to let R’dal hug her. She preened a little at the use of her nickname — it meant R’dal considered her a friend! — and delicately angled her neck so she could fluff the bluerider’s hair a little with her nose. Something seemed a little off with him today, and Halomirth thought physical affection from friends made everything better. She’d have to make sure he got sufficient hugs from her rider, too. Who was currently a bit confused as to why R’dal hadn’t loudly burst into his weyr already like he usually did.

He is! And awake! And we’re here, so he’s not alone, but no one else is in the weyr, if that’s what you mean, she informed R’dal, gently pushing him towards the door into the weyr proper with her nose. She watched after him for a moment before turning to Edath with a quizzical look, silently asking the blue about why something seemed odd with his rider that afternoon.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal pouted over his shoulder as Halomirth nudged him off into the weyr. He didn’t want to go in! Well, he did, but he didn’t. He still wasn’t sure he should even bother his friend over something he wasn’t even aware of happening. After he told Misharan about his hope to become a Searchrider and asked around for the way to do that, R’dal hadn’t told anyone else. It seemed a bit superstitious but he really didn’t want to mess up their chances by talking about it too much. Then they failed anyway so maybe it didn’t matter or maybe just telling Misharan was enough to jinx the whole thing.

Still, he shuffled in while Edath took up his usual spot beside Halomirth and R’dal knew his dragon was blaming himself for what happened as the mood between their bond dropped even lower. “Hi,” he mumbled when he found the greenrider in his bedroom, clearly in the middle of doing chores. “I didn’t mean to interrupt. I can go. I did stop by without telling you I’d come by and I don’t want to be a bother…” As he thought about how he felt bad for making his dragon feel bad about their failure, R’dal recalled lessons from his parents about paying attention to things going on around him and how others were feeling. He felt he did a good job of that most of the time but being so caught up in his own drama made him not think about F’drel having plans and finding him cleaning and making his bed just proved he really did need to plan ahead a bit more. Dragons could talk to each other! As soon as they popped into Ista, they should have asked Halomirth to ask F’drel if a visit was fine.

He’d have to work on that, maybe start now. “I’ll come by later. Maybe tomorrow if you’re free? I just wanted…” he frowned again, not knowing exactly what he wanted until he sighed and found himself going F’drel and putting his arms around his friends waist and burying his face against a warm neck. “Sorry, I just need a hug,” R’dal thought he sounded pretty clear to his own ears and hoped F’drel was just as successful at interpreting pitiful blueriders.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel frowned slightly when R’dal came into the room. Something was off with R’dal; he usually practically skipped into the weyr, and today it was like he wasn’t sure his feet were supposed to leave the floor. R’dal didn’t usually speak so uncertainly either. What the fuck was up today?

The hug wasn’t unexpected, at least. R’dal usually hugged F’drel when he stopped by, though this was one was much lower energy than it should have been. F’drel’s frown deepened at the muffled words. It sounded like ‘sorry, mfghhmfmg, hug’ to F’drel, which wasn’t a real sentence, but he could figure out the general meaning. Especially since R’dal seemed like he was having a shitty day and was currently hugging him in an attempt to feel less shitty. Fair enough, he supposed. F’drel wondered what could possibly make the bouncy bluerider so upset — the only other time he’d seen R’dal this down was the time he’d yelled at him on their disastrous fishing trip. Had some other friend gotten mad at him? Or was it something else?

Gently, F’drel wrapped his arms around R’dal and leaned into the hug. There was something about a sad R’dal that was deeply unsettling. F’drel wondered if he could help beyond just letting R’dal hug him. He leaned his cheek against R’dal’s head and breathed in and out slowly, thinking maybe feeling F’drel’s steady breaths through the hug may help R’dal. It usually worked with his younger brother, and one of his sisters, so it may work here.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” he asked after a few moments of quiet. It was hard for F’drel to figure out what to do or say if he didn’t know what was going on. Other than hugging, but that was pretty standard.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal snuggled in a bit closer when F'drel returned the hug and he gave a little content sigh. It didn't fix everything but he felt a bit more at peace. He knew talking about it might help but what if it made it worse because F'drel saw him overreacting or just plain didn't see the issue at all. Actually, he suddenly felt even worse because he didn't know if his friend wanted to be a Searchrider or any of his future plans. Sure, they talked a lot but R'dal was suddenly acutely aware that F'drel didn't offer up a lot about himself. He knew the past was a bit off limits and R'dal always approached the subject carefully if they did stumble upon it but what about the future? What if he wanted to be a Searchrider as well and hearing someone else didn't make it made him worry and not even try?

R'dal tore himself away from the cozy neck he wanted to sleep in instead of talk so he could stare with wide eyes at F'drel as his fears ran rampant. He honestly thought Impressing and finding his dad proud of that fact and not angry it was only a blue and not a mighty bronze like Mosiath had knocked the insecurities out of him but here he was discovering a whole new batch of them. "I dunno... what if you think I'm being silly or I make you sad like I did with Edath?"

His gaze left his friend to look at the bed behind him. R'dal desperately wanted to flop on it and never get up. It was so comfy and surely all his problems wouldn't find him there, right? But it was freshly made and he didn't want to anger F'drel by ruining something he just finished doing so he instead pulled free of the nice hug and sat down where he stood, wondering where to start his tale. It was probably best that F'drel knew the full story so the very beginning it was.

"I didn't want to tell anyone but I wanted to be a Searchrider and the Weyrleader said that was okay by him and he'd take Edath and me out personally for our test run. How cool was that? Not even going with a random group but with R'nya!" It had seemed so amazing at the time and he still really liked that R'nya possibly saw potential in him and wanted to test him out personally and knew just the spot to go. "So we went to test this girl who is super adorable and sweet and Edath did his thing and... nothing. He agreed that she was super adorable and sweet but that she didn't seem like she'd be a good match for a dragon. But Xyreith and R'nya said she'd be good for gold!"

His shoulders slumped and R'dal fought the urge to fall back and sprawl on the floor. He didn't want to be too dramatic about his crisis; he wanted to be taken seriously. "The Weyrleader said bronzes traditionally Searched gold Candidates so it didn't mean anything but I always thought it was because they were picking out pretty girls whether or not they would Impress so do bronze dragons have the gift or not? And I hope R'nya wasn't picking her for that reason since he's mated to Rhaedalyn who is super awesome and this girl was like fifteen and way too young for him."

R'dal fell silent as he considered that and shuddered when he decided he didn't want to know the answer. He felt it was safe to assume Xyreith was actually good at Searching and it had nothing to do with R'nya's preferences. But that just meant Edath didn’t quite get what Xyreith did and they were back to the original problem. “R’nya said we could try again and go with an actual group to a farm or something and let us compare our finds to the others so I guess that’s good, right? Unless he was just being nice but then we’d fail twice which is just plain sucky.”

Edath gave a soft keel from the ledge where he tried to hide his head against Halomirth and R’dal finally gave in and flopped back on the floor, an arm covering his eyes. Truthfully, he was close to tears and didn’t want F’drel to see that on top of everything else. “And I’m horrible because I made my dragon upset because he realised I’m sad over him not liking the girl for a Candidate.” He was an utter failure of a dragonrider!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

The sudden end to the hug had F’drel blinking at R’dal, who was staring at him with a strangely intense expression. What the fuck? He sighed at R’dal’s worries — F’drel thought R’dal was silly for a lot of reasons, but having emotions wasn't one of them. And if Edath was sad it was because his rider was sad, that was kind of how being empathically bonded to a dragon worked. F'drel noticed the way R'dal was looking at the bed, and would have told him that he could lie down on it, he didn't mind, but R’dal had already sank to the floor. With another sigh, F’drel sat down too, more gracefully than R’dal had.

He didn’t say anything. After a moment he rested one of his hands on R’dal’s back and moved it in light circles. His little siblings had liked that when they were upset, and while R’dal was technically an adult it seemed like the sort of thing that may make him feel a little better. It was kind of like a hug, but gave him more room to breathe and talk. F’drel listened to R’dal’s story without interrupting him. If he said something, R’dal may get distracted and not get to what was bothering him. A lot of his commentary likely wouldn’t be very helpful either.

F’drel had no idea R’dal wanted to be a Searchrider. The bluerider always seemed so open, it kind of surprised F’drel that he hadn’t wanted to tell anyone. Did he think it wouldn’t happen if he told people? He had to tell the Weyrleader at least, obviously, and while ‘personal test run’ with a Weyrleader set every alarm off in F’drel’s head, he knew R’dal really respected the Weyrleaders. Probably a side effect of one of them being his father, but it didn’t change the effect.

As R’dal continued F’drel felt a heavy weight form in the pit of his stomach. He knew the story here was about R’dal and Edath and how they didn’t agree with the Weyrleader’s choice of Candidate but F’drel could help but focus on how much he did not like the implication that bronzes had no real sense for whether or not a girl would Impress and just picked ones their rider liked. F’drel felt sick, and his hand stilled for a moment on R’dal’s back, and he couldn’t stop the noise he made, somewhere between distress and disgust. Fuck bronzeriders. Fuck men in power everywhere who did whatever they liked with children because they could. He didn’t want to think about Nabol. He wasn’t going to think about Nabol because R’dal was upset about… about maybe not getting to be a Searchrider, because that was the actual matter at hand. And it was easier, so much easier, to think about.

R’dal had lain down fully on the floor in the time it took for F’drel to drag himself more securely into the present, and it took another few moments for him to process what R'dal had said. “You’re not horrible,” F’drel said eventually, “Edath is upset because you’re upset. And you’re upset that he’s upset, so he’s upset you’re upset all over again. If you keep thinking like that you’ll both just become more and more upset until it’s unbearable.” He’d not had this particular problem with Halomirth, but he’d certainly worn his thoughts around in circles endlessly until he’d made himself physically ill before. Having a dragon to amplify the negative loop just sounded miserable.

“Isn’t it common for Searchers to have a specialty, anyway?” F’drel asked, pretty sure it was true, “like, one pair will be better at finding Candidates for a specific color, or something. Maybe Edath is great at identifying Candidates for blues and greens but isn’t as good with golds. If…” he paused, trying to fend off the sick feeling again, “if that girl really is meant for gold, and only gold, maybe Edath wouldn’t be able to tell.” And then, because F’drel couldn’t stop himself, “Or maybe R’nya’s a fucking bastard and he and Xyreith pick girls just because he thinks they’re pretty and are making you feel terrible in the process and Edath’s actually an amazing Search dragon and he’s making you both sad for no fucking reason,” he almost snarled, genuinely angry at the Fort Weyrleader.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal didn’t want to agree with F’drel; he wanted to wallow in self-pity a while longer. But his friend was making sense and he knew a lot of the Searchriders actually did seem to have a knack for finding a certain type. B’jin and Larrikith only seemed to find shiny Candidates –with the exception of Talian but he was kind of an exception to every rule—so many Edath only liked Candidates meant for blue or green or both! He kind of felt bad not mentioning browns but they seemed to exist in their own void and never interacted with others, or at least younger blueriders, that much. He didn’t mind, though, and it’d be kind of funny if Edath was actually the best at finding brownriders.

His mood was starting to lift, confident that F’drel was right and Edath just didn’t like the smell or taste or whatever it was that attracted dragons of gold Candidates. He was about to say as much when F’drel was suddenly a different person as he pointed out his distaste for R’nya. R’dal just stared. He stayed flopped on the floor and didn’t move as he gawked at his friend. Where had that come from? Well, him. Hadn’t he just sort of said such things by implying that could happen? But F’drel was so angry about it and made it sound like it was true! He was suddenly so conflicted between explaining things and comforting F’drel, worried that he had done something bad and brought up horrible memories. It was the swimming incident all over again! Maybe he should try to ask questions about F’rel’s past so he could avoid causing such reactions.

Sitting up, R’dal twisted around so he was facing F’drel and lightly placed a hand on the greenrider’s knee. “Are you okay, F’drel? I’m sorry I mentioned that possibility and it… reminded you of something? I don’t think R’nya is like that! The girl kind of looked like Quinvalis and he probably did say she was his sister but I was too excited to pay much attention and Quinvalis is shy and awkward so maybe R’nya was bringing him his sister and wanted to make it more official instead of like favoritism or something. Dad has to be careful with that and me and my siblings so it could be the same thing. He wouldn’t do anything behind Rhaedalyn’s back. You should see them, they love each other so much. I really am sorry. Do you…” R’dal trailed off and didn’t care that he was spewing out apologies and explanations faster than he could breathe but hoped F’drel was able to keep up with all of it. He was just so concerned and wanted to fix what he did. But he was also afraid to ask F’drel if he wanted to talk about it. What if it angered him further?

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Even if it was just to bring Quinvalis’ sister to the Weyr,” F’drel said stiffly, pointedly ignoring R’dal’s concern for him, “it’s still a dick move of him to frame it like a test for you. What, he wants you there so no one can contradict him saying she’s worth Searching? If he really wanted to do it like that, he shouldn’t have acted like Xyreith felt she would Impress and that it was Edath who didn’t know better. He could have done something else. But he only thought about what he wanted, not about your feelings, didn’t he. And you don’t deserve that.”

It was just like a person in charge to put their own priorities first and not care about how their decisions affected others. Even if it was only nepotism — and F’drel hardly knew enough about R’nya to confirm either way, but he trusted the decency of Weyrleaders about as far as he could throw their dragons — there were better ways to go about it than unnecessarily ruining someone’s day or crushing their dreams for the future.

He tried to focus on his anger at how R’dal had been treated, not on his own feelings. R’dal was upset, and what mattered was making him feel less shitty, not upsetting him more. But apparently F’drel couldn’t keep his stupid mouth from saying stupid things and making R’dal worry about how he felt instead of focusing on his own problems. It’s not like R’dal could do anything about things that had happened turns ago. He just wanted to forget, but he couldn’t. R’dal didn’t need to upset himself about any of it.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

“I don’t really mind,” R’dal whispered and removed his hand from F’drel’s knee. He could tell his friend didn’t want the comfort and didn’t seem to want to hear apologies either so he wasn’t sure why he was still trying to explain anything. But the more he thought about it, the more he realised that yes, it hurt and sucked, but he didn’t mind in the end. “Look at how many people are happy for it. Quinvalis has his sister with him and I think she might be getting a better life in the Weyr. She lived above a tavern. They’re both younger than me and deserve to smile just as much as I do, right? So it’s okay to be used for that.”

He had a funny feeling that F’drel wouldn’t agree with him on that point but sometimes he felt useless and if being used in a way that ended up hurting him for someone else to be happy in innocent ways? Could he really stay upset over it? Of course he wouldn’t want to be used for something evil! And he agreed it still sucked that R’nya simply didn’t just tell him the plan. He was trustworthy! He wouldn’t have told anyone… although he sort of just did, didn’t he? But if he had been told not to tell, he wouldn’t have!

“I’m fine and more importantly, Edath is fine. And our dream isn’t over just yet. So please don’t be angry, F’drel. I’m sorry I upset you and brought my woes to your door.” He did his best to keep his troubles and fears to himself but the failure had hit him hard and he wanted to snuggle up with a friend while he thought about everything over and over until he reached the point he had reached through F’drel’s outburst. He just wished it had gone differently. “I promise I’ll make it up to you.” He really wasn’t a good friend for F’drel and needed to either work on that or simply stop seeing the greenrider so F’drel could go back to a happy normal life.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel sighed. “It’s not okay,” he said, but he didn’t really feel like arguing the point just then. Using people you had power over was wrong, period. Using people who had power over you, fine, that’s sometimes how you had to survive. But when you were essentially a lord? And when R’dal was practically a child? Absolutely uncalled for.

Even when he felt justified in his anger, F’drel hated it. It made him say too much and it was so exhausting. He’d had strong emotions for like a minute and now he just wanted to lie down and not move for a few hours. Actually, that may be a good idea.

“You don’t need to apologize for having feelings,” F’drel said quietly, beginning to stand up, “and there’s nothing you need to make up to me.” It really wasn’t R’dal’s fault F’drel had poor control over his own angry outbursts — that was his problem and flaw, not R’dal’s. He sank down onto the bed, considering the bluerider for a moment before extending a hand to him.

“C’mere. If you really feel you need to do something you can be a pillow for a while.” Hopefully, R’dal would take the offer and it would make him feel better, while also allowing F’drel to just lie down for a while. He worried if he let R’dal leave just then he’d keep wallowing, except this time in new guilt. Keeping him here for a while couldn’t hurt, and with any luck would keep R’dal from thinking he’d ruined their friendship again, like he had after the fishing incident. F’drel really wasn’t cut out for this friend thing, it was terribly easy to fuck up.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal didn't move from his spot on the floor as F'drel got up. He was staring at his knee where he picked at a loose string on his pants. They were getting pretty shabby, he noticed. How long had he had this pair? Too long if the knee was getting a bit worn out and he knew the hem had been let out as well from his last growth spurt. Great, not only was he probably not a Searchrider and possibly not a good friend for F'drel, he also looked like he still slept in the jungle and was as sloppy and undignified as some Holders still believed dragonriders were.

Today really sucked.

It did until F'drel mentioned something about a pillow, anyway. Slowly and almost as if he were shy, R'dal glanced up from his sad pants to see F'drel with an outstretched hand beckoning him to join him. "I am a good pillow," he conceded with a small smile. He once told the greenrider he was the good pillow--and he was! Not too firm but not squishy either--but R'dal liked being a pillow as well. He just liked cuddles and naps in general and didn't much care for formalities when it came to positions.

As he got to his feet, R'dal dusted his bum off, worried about getting any dust from the floor onto the freshly made bed. It didn't matter that F'drel had been down there with him and was already on the bed since he was the bed owner and not the bed stealer. He did, however, resist the urge to strip the pants off since they were old and now possibly dirty. The boots came off as soon as she sat down beside F'drel, though. Boots in bed was just plain rude! Naps were simple things and could happen at any moment but some courtesies should always be practiced in R'dal's opinion.

Once the boots were gone, he threw his arms around F'drel in a hug. "You're awesome, F'drel," and he didn't care what his friend said, R'dal was going to make it up to him somehow.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)