World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.01.19 | Never Too Old For Cake

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
As far as Misha was aware, there was nothing particularly notable about turning twenty-three. It wasn’t a milestone like sixteen was, and he was still a number of turns away from twenty-eight, so he wasn’t overly worried he was running out of time to Impress. It was a little hard to forget he didn’t have a dragon yet, but there were plenty of chances left before he aged out. And if he did age out, well, he could be some dragonrider’s pretty trophy mate — it would all work out.

Even if the birthday wasn’t a significant one, it was still a good excuse to hang out with his favorite people and make everything about himself, both very good things. And there was going to be cake! C’dhin had said he’d make one for the occasion, and even agreed to let Misha borrow his weyr to invite people over to help eat said cake. Also hang out with him, but they’d definitely eat the cake too. T’ryn had even agreed to come (and bring other, thus far dragon-less people with him), which Misha considered something of a success. T’ryn was sometimes a bit difficult to get out and about, but he’d gotten a little better the past few months. Plus, Mylorah could convince her brother to do a lot worse than a small shindig for Misharan’s birthday, so it actually went pretty smoothly.

Excited to see everybody, Misharan headed over to C’dhin’s weyr a bit earlier than people were meant to show up, humming softly as he walked. He figured he should be there when everyone else arrived, and that way could help his friend clean up or something. It didn’t really occur to Misha that there were people out there who got things ready more than fifteen minutes before people appeared. Having somewhere that wasn’t a public room like the dining cavern or the Candidate barracks to spend time with people was really nice, and Misharan appreciated C’dhin letting him invite people into the greenrider’s home. He was already planning on thanking him profusely (again, he’d already done it a few times since the offer had been made), and Misha could think of several other ways he could thank the man, but he really did want to be clear about how much he appreciated it. C’dhin really was as sweet as the desserts he made. Sweeter, even.

Misha knocked on C’dhin’s door, trying not to be too loud but also ensure C’dhin could hear the knock. He was excited to be seeing everyone, and also getting a cake made just for him (his grandmother never did that growing up), and as soon as C’dhin opened the door Misharan bounced into the weyr with a bright grin and pulled C’dhin into a short hug.

“Hi,” he greeted C’dhin brightly, “how are you doing? I know I already said thank you, but I need to say it another, like, thirty times. Thank you so much, it means a lot to me.” Misha leaned into C’dhin for a moment to emphasize his point, before stepping back to curiously sniff the air. The greenrider had obviously been baking (duh, the cake), and the whole weyr smelled great and Misharan took a deep breath to taste as much of it as he possibly could from the scent alone. He spun around and gestured further into the weyr. “Anything you need help with? Don’t want to leave you doing everything, though I know you said you didn’t want me to show up too early.” Something about keeping the cake a surprise? Which, Misha could understand, he supposed, fun things like cake made good surprises. He was certainly really excited for it, the suspense was starting to kill him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
When Mylorah mentioned Misharan's birthday was coming up during one of their baking lessons, C'dhin already knew he'd have to make a cake to celebrate it. Not only was it just something he liked doing for friends, but an idea for a mega cake struck almost immediately. He had hoped the man would host a party given the size of the cake he was envisioning and wasn't disappointed when he mentioned the idea to Misharan. The man was extremely popular, which was easy to see why since he had fallen under the Candidate's spell right away as well, and he did seem to like having the focus on him when he could so a gathering of friends would be easily arranged.

C'dhin had spent three days leading up to the big day making the cake. He estimated it was about twenty pounds worth of batter, a lot of frosting on the outside, chocolate ganache and jam alternating between the layers of their respective tiers, and not to mention everything decorating the outside. Mylorah had come by that morning to help prepare some of the decorations. He liked the girl, but C'dhin wasn't ready to let her help with such a large project, no matter how much her skills were improving under his tutelage. She baked bite-sized chocolate chip cookies that would then be pressed against the sides of the bottom cake and second layer and she did the brownies that decorated the top of the third layer and top layer, chopping up chocolate to press against their sides. Mylorah mentioned T'ryn wasn't huge on sweets so C'dhin had her wash and prep various berries that decorated the top of the top cake as well. Caramel was drizzled on the brownie layer and powdered sugar dusted on the top to complete the work. It was as massive and beautiful as he imagined and he was thankful he had offered his weyr to host the party. No way was he going to be able to move this masterpiece.

Mylorah had wandered off after helping to clean up and C'dhin spent rest of the time napping and then tidying himself up for the party. He was just looking around his admittedly small weyr --but it was still better than not having his own space so he couldn't complain-- making sure everything was in order when the knock came. He gave one final glance that the cake was still standing proud on his dining table, and that the few bottles of wine he picked up thinking a good host was supposed to have such refreshments were open with glasses nearby. Satisfied, he went to the door and smiled when Misharan appeared.

The hug was returned and C'dhin laughed at the announcement that he'd be thanked at least thirty more times when he was pretty sure he'd already had thirty previously. "And I'll keep saying not to worry about it. I like having a reason to bake instead of just doing it because I'm bored or want to try a new idea out. Besides, friends deserve the best cake for their birthdays," and he made the best cakes. C'dhin didn't usually sport a massive ego but he was proud of the skills he had and knew what he made deserved the praise it received.

He ushered Misharan further inside, letting him know Coroth was on her ledge to greet any dragons dropping off their riders that way in case he wanted to see her, but first C'dhin directed him right to the cake to show it off. It wasn't like he could hide it and present it later on when everyone was there, so instead it turned into the focal point. "Happy birthday, Misharan!" He announced with a wave of his hand to his labour of love and then kissed the Candidate's cheek to finish the well wishes.

"Mylorah helped with the outer decorations and my daughter saw the naked form of it yesterday and did her best to convince me you didn't need all four tiers. I assured her you did but I now owe her a banana and caramel cake." C'dhin laughed, but he wasn't put out by the trade off since his daughter had good taste and hadn't asked for some catastrophe of flavours.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Misharan’s jaw dropped at the sight of the cake. It was immense and beautiful and how the fuck did a person make that? And it was for him.

"C’dhin. C’dhin, what the fuck. What the fuck,” he nearly yelled, lightly hitting the greenrider on the arm repeatedly in his awe at the cake, “That’s amazing, totally amazing, how long did that take to make? What the shit, have you slept? It’s fucking beautiful, I love it! How am I supposed to eat that, I just want to stare at it, how dare you make me feel conflicted about eating cake! You talented bastard.” Misha stopped hitting C’dhin in order to kiss him — he wanted to make sure it was clear that all his swearing and everything was completely positive and the cake had been absolutely well received. It wouldn’t do to make C’dhin feel bad about this genuinely stupendous cake!

Soon enough Misha was bounding over to get a closer look at the cake, ‘ooohhh’ing and ‘aaah’ing at all the little details he couldn’t see from farther away, pointing out things and complimenting them enthusiastically. After a few minutes of cake inspection, Misharan wandered over towards Coroth’s ledge to peek his head inside and greet Coroth properly.

“Hi Coroth! Thanks for letting me invite people over to your weyr, I really appreciate it. If anyone gives you any trouble, I’ll kick ‘em out, okay?” he said with a wave at the green dragon. “Oh, and I’m sure you know this already, but your rider is really fucking talented and amazing,” Misha informed her seriously, before breaking into a grin, giving her another wave, and moving back into the main room to stare at the beautiful cake until people showed up and he could show off the amazing birthday cake that was made just for him. He’d never had a birthday cake before. His sister had made him a loaf of bread once, because they didn’t have the right ingredients for a proper cake. ‘Birthday loaf’ didn’t have quite the same ring as ‘birthday cake,’ and as first birthday cakes went, Misharan was pretty sure he had the best one ever. He couldn’t wait for everyone else to show up so he could share it with all his favorite people!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C'dhin all but preened under the compliments and reaction Misharan had for the cake. He had to admit, it was something far above and beyond what he usually made. He enjoyed baking but typically kept it to simple but still full of flavour treats that he sometimes kicked up a notch with decorations. His cakes for special occasions usually weren't so lavish either when it came to height and the amount of decorating thrown in. But he was inspired and Mylorah had mentioned Misharan came from a simple upbringing so a fabulous cake was definitely needed.

"I'm glad you like it, and it only took three days, so not too bad," he laughed as he replied, knowing all the time spent on it was worth it for the reaction. Though, he had to agree with the statement that it was going to be hard to cut the first slice and ruin the creation. But it was made to be eaten and that was what they would do!

As Misharan went off to greet Coroth--who loved the attention and chattered happily with the birthday boy-- C'dhin peaked outside to see if anyone else was on their way. He didn't see anyone but he knew they'd be coming soon enough so he left the door propped open so the guests could just come in instead of feeling obligated to knock. That done, he felt he only had one job left as host, for the moment, and poured two glasses of wine, one of which was swiftly given to Misharan. Now he could sit back and enjoy the party knowing his duties were done until cake was wanted.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Mimi!" Mylorah greeted her friend seconds after bouncing through the open door of the kind and way too generous greenrider's weyr. She saw Misharan right away and noticed he had a glass of wine in hand so she was careful not to knock it on either of them when she went in for a hug. She had hoped to beat him to C'dhin's because she wanted to see his reaction to the cake but of course he had to be early. She would have done the same, not wanting to make her guests wait around for her.

"What did you think of the cake? Isn't it crazy? I never would have thought up something like that! How is that even possible?" Mylorah babbled on about the cake and the little bit that involved her help and how she got the secret out of C'dhin. Apparently several thin sticks were placed in each layer to help support the next one so it didn't all topple in. It made sense but she wouldn't have thought about that either! How did he come up with it? It must have been the secrets the bakers kept so close to their chest. She'd heard they didn't have an actual Hall and everyone learned from a master and not everyone knew how to make what someone else did because of the secrecy. It was kind of ridiculous in her opinion and was glad C'dhin openly taught her things.Oh! Maybe she was his apprentice and he was passing on his knowledge. With a laugh, she quickly told Misharan not to spoil the mystic and share what she just did.

"Anyway, what's new and exciting? I haven't seen you in ages," it was a lie, of course, since she had been in Telgar not too long ago and had made sure to visit with her bestie. Still, a lot could happen in a week and Mylorah didn't want to miss out on something that was important to Misharan. So she continued to pepper him with questions about the mundane all the way up to his love life.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Misha still could not believe this cake. It took three days to make? And C’dhin said it was ‘only’ three days as if he routinely made things that took more than three days. Someone should make C’dhin a fucking Master, that shit took dedication. And anyone who said that cake wasn’t a masterpiece clearly had no eyes. He told C’dhin as much as he gratefully took the glass of wine from him. Was it weird that he didn’t usually drink wine from glasses? He didn’t have any glasses, and most Candidates didn’t either so they’d all just drink right from the bottle. Made this whole party thing even fancier than usual — as if the cake hadn’t done that enough already.

He cheered when Mylorah showed up, responding to her greeting with his own silly nickname for her, and enthusiastically hugged her back, giving her a kiss on the cheek as well. Misha kept his arm loosely wrapped around her, not letting her escape the hug just yet. It was nice to gush about the cake with her, and hear her excitement about her own part in making it — Misha was sure to compliment her cake decorating handiwork. The information about little sticks in the layers was fascinating. He’d never have thought of it, but it was super clever. If he’d been making the cake, he would’ve just stacked them and then cried when it collapsed or fell over. It’d be fun knowing it though, especially since he agreed to keep it secret — knowing more than other people was half the fun of knowing things, sometimes.

“Nothing much you haven’t heard of. All this party stuff, obviously,” Misha gestured at the cake and the room around them with the hand holding the wine glass, pausing to tip his glass towards C’dhin in acknowledgment of the greenrider’s role in current events. “Uh, I’m twenty-three now, hurrah? Got a couple notes from people. Nerreh sent one, regrets she couldn’t come, and promised ‘a gift or whatever’ next time I’m in Ista, so I suppose I’ll have to collect on that. One of my brothers sent a letter too, which I should probably respond to. Not today, though, perhaps tomorrow after I’ve recovered from partying.” It’s not like Misharan was planning on getting wasted or anything, but he doubted he’d want to wake up earlier than he had too after lots of cake, friends, some drinking, and whatever else they all got up to. Misha shook his head, then leaned it agains Mylorah’s.

“Other than that, not much at all, Mymy. Any people you think I should go pester for birthday presents?” he asked with a laugh, offering the glass of wine to her with a wink.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“You should pester anyone and everyone that you know. You have the personality to get away with such a thing and even get gifts out of it. I prefer to loudly exclaim that my birthday is coming up to motivate people into being ready on time.” She was laughing, but also telling the truth. Mylorah tried not to be too obnoxious about announcing her birthday but she still liked to know that people cared with a token of appreciation. She didn’t even need an actual gift; hugs and wishes were just as wonderful because the person remembered… with some prodding, but it still counted.

Speaking a bit softly and keeping her mouth behind the glass of wine—she didn’t know if C’dhin could read lips—Mylorah continued, “I also have a feeling our favourite tasty greenrider over there would be down for giving you a gift. Or, more appropriately for today, you wouldn’t have any issues having your appreciation be received.” C’dhin was definitely glancing in their direction from time to time and she knew Misharan had slept with the man so maybe he wanted another romp? It was also just as likely they were the only two other people in his home but she was going to stand firm on her stance that he was horny and wanted Misharan.

“Just remember that some gifts are better shared,” she grinned at Misharan and then took a sip of her wine. He wasn’t into women so it was highly unlikely she’d ever get an invite to a fun night but he could probably persuade someone else to join in if he really wanted to and Mylorah could think of some of their friends that were in need of fun and a push out of being so shy and vanilla.

Speaking of that type of friend, “Oh, my brother and Kordi are here!” Mylorah smiled and waved to the two men that walked through the door. She took a moment to eye them up, but for different reasons. Kordiavis was fine as all get out and she enjoyed the sight of her friend and sometimes lover. T’ryn was handsome as well but she wasn’t into sleeping with family. She studied him for a moment to see that he seemed happier than usual, which was a good sign, but she still needed to find a new girl for him. Casa really broke his heart and while they did get along and had things in common, T’ryn needed someone a bit more reigned in than Casa’s free spirit that the Lord and K’tir awoke.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Unlike the last time T’ryn came knocking at the door and told him he was being kidnapped and taken to Telgar, Kordiavis was ready for this trip and was looking forward to it. He liked Misharan and didn’t want to miss the man’s celebration. It wasn’t everyday one turned twenty-three, and while it wasn’t really any worthy milestone, Kordiavis didn’t think it should be any less special. The only one that really mattered to most within the Weyr was the one that kicked you off the Sands with a consolation card for becoming too old to Impress. He and Misharan were creeping closer to that number but it wasn’t something to dwell on that day.

He followed T’ryn down the halls, since he hadn’t been to C’dhin’s before and couldn’t find it on his own. Thank goodness the bronzerider was invited as well or Kordiavis suspected he’d be searching for a while and miss the party all together. One day he’d finally get used to the layout of a Weyr. When T’ryn was out of the way, Kordiavis immediately spotted the two people he liked the most out of everyone he could tolerate and found a smile for them.

Mylorah looked gorgeous, as usual, and Misharan was just as handsome. He hated perfect and beautiful people. They made it look so effortless, and maybe it was, since Mylorah never used make-up like the ladies back in Ista Hold and Misharan had this carefree aura around him that made Kordiavis suspect he didn’t put much time into his appearance either. He greeted them both warmly as he approached, but it was Misharan that stole most of his attention as he was the birthday boy.

Kordiavis was going to go for a kind peck to the cheek but at the last second changed his mind and went for the lips he remembered liking quite a bit that night on the beach. He pushed the kiss, drawing it out in a slow tangling of tongues that was probably inappropriate in front of other people but since he knew it was T’ryn, Mylorah, and a greenrider, he really didn’t think anyone would mind.

“Happy birthday, gorgeous,” he spoke softly and smirked as he pressed a piece of paper against Misharan’s chest. It wasn’t much but it was a drawing he had done recently that Kordiavis thought would make for a decent gift. It was still hard for him to actually keep a drawing let alone give one away but he was proud of the progress he was making with that issue and only partially hoped Misharan burned it instead of displaying it.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

This was one party full of his odd collection of friends that he didn't mind attending since he didn't think any of them would spike the drinks or find a way to bake sex into a cake. He hoped anyway. He loved his sister but she was still Casa's friend and a bit unpredictable when she wanted to be. He knew enough about C'dhin to assume the cake would be safe to eat, at least, and he'd forgo any drinks just to be on the safe side.

He also didn't mind shuffling everyone back and forth since it wasn't like it took a lot of time and energy. He was also going so it'd be kind of a dick move if he said he wouldn't take anyone with him when he was already going. Although, it would be a lot easier if Misharan moved to Ista,but T'ryn knew they weren't the popular Candidate's only friends so someone would always have to travel to find him. The man needed to Impress so he could travel between all of the Weyrs and pop in on friends. He could take notes from R'dal, since T'ryn saw the bluerider in Ista more than he did in his home Weyr of Fort.

Thanks to Mylorah leading the way earlier in the day when he dropped her off, he knew the way to C'dhin's and guided Kordiavis. The greenrider was a good person to know if you liked sweets, and sadly, he wasn't a huge fan of them. C'dhin's creations were great, but T'ryn had just never found an enjoyment in sugar and chocolate like practically everyone else. When they found the door open, T'ryn led them in and his mouth dropped when the cake came into view. How was that even possible? He took a moment to examine it, noting the different decorations and smiled when he saw the small top tier was covered in fruit. He glanced to Mylorah and she smiled and winked at him and T'ryn knew she had put in a request for him. Okay, she was still unpredictable at times but seriously awesome and he definitely loved his older sister.

He followed in Kordiavis' path, eyebrow quirking at the greeting and just chuckled when they parted. "Happy birthday, Misharan, and you're not getting that greeting out of me. I'll leave it for Kordi." He wasn't playing grumpy straight bronzerider and his smile showed that, but T'ryn also wasn't one to just kiss everyone he knew. Someone who could be like that--and was when it came to hugs-- was R'dal and a minute later the bluerider was making his grand entrance from the ledge where Edath was likely chatting up Coroth.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Mylorah’s words had Misharan grinning, rather pleased about himself. He like to think most people liked him and give him a birthday hug or some such if he asked, but there was always a little bit of fear in the back of his head that he was making it all up. Hearing someone whose opinion about people he trusted — even if she was also likely biased in this case — made him feel a bit better. It also helped that Mylorah was confirming his own observations that C’dhin would probably be interested in further ‘thanks,’ because that was what he thought but it may just have been wishful thinking, so a second opinion was great to have. He really hoped Mylorah was right on this one.

“I’m always in favor of sharing,” Misha said with a laugh and another wink. There was plenty of him for everyone, and plenty of everyone for him. No reason for anyone to miss out needlessly. Well, women missed out on him, he supposed, but Misharan wasn’t against sharing with women as long as they were sharing a third (male) person. At least he thought so, it wasn’t anything he’d actually tried yet. Plenty of time for new things — he was only twenty-three, after all.

He didn’t get to say anything more on the matter for the time being, because new guests were arriving. The new arrivals were greeted with a cheer and a wave as Misha beamed at them both. Fuck, he loved having friends. Misharan moved his arm from around Mylorah to reach towards Kordiavis as his friend approached, intending to pull him into a hug, but his plans were unexpectedly altered. Not that he had a single complaint with the turn of events, and Misha eagerly returned the greeting.

“Hi,” Misha breathed with a laugh, leaning into Kordiavis, “I like that present.” He reached up to hold onto the piece of paper Kordi gave him, gently curling it into his chest before moving it where he could see it. The paper had a drawing on it, of one of the beaches near Ista; Misharan recognized one of the rock formations. It was really good, and Misha knew how close to the chest Kordiavis kept his art. Well, now it was close to his chest, and Misharan leaned up to give Kordiavis another kiss, managing to only linger a little bit. “I like this present too,” he said, smiling warmly at Kordi before letting the other Candidate step back and have his own space again and focusing on his other newly arrived friend.

“Aw, T’ryn, how will I ever survive this slight?” he teased, dramatically putting his hand on his heart and pouting, but he couldn’t keep the smile from his eyes. “Here, you do hugs, don’t you? I suppose I can settle for a hug if I must.” Misharan sighed, but held one arm out to invite T’ryn over for a hug — one with exactly zero kissing. Maybe he’d manage to get T’ryn to that point someday, but Misha didn’t feel like pushing his luck just then. But it was his birthday and he wanted to at least hug all his friends, and hopefully T’ryn would be alright with just a hug.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal was surprisingly on time for once. He didn't mean to be late, but sometimes other plans ran long or a nap called out to him and he gave in and it also lasted longer than it should have. Edath tried his best to keep him on track where he could, and Misharan's party was one of the times where he succeeded. R'dal suspected it was something to do with wanting to visit Coroth and when they asked the green permission to land on her ledge and stay a while, he knew he was right. Not that he minded! R'dal was excited to be on time for a good friend's birthday and he liked that his dragon was just as friendly as he was and had so many friends.

After greeting Coroth himself, he left the pair to their own devices and let himself into the weyr, pausing in a dramatic pose that left him shaped a bit like a star, "Hiii!" The greeting was for everyone in the room, so a bit on the louder side of things, but he received smiles and waves in return without a single look of irritation. And, oh! "Hugs!" R'dal saw T'ryn somewhat reluctantly give Misharan a hug and took that as invitation for anyone to join in and bounded over, throwing his arms around both men.

T'ryn started laughing, seeming to relax into the hug, and R'dal grinned, pleased he helped his friend loosen up again. It was a bit sad to see T'ryn draw into himself over the past turn and flounder around as if he was suddenly awkward around the very people he had known since they could walk in the creche and get into trouble together. But fights with friends and lovers weren't fun--he knew a bit of that himself when F'drel had been mad at him--and he knew what it was like to be self-conscious for whatever reason--his dad was a bronzerider and now a Weyrleader; that was a lot to live up to! But T'ryn would find his way again; he just needed a little help getting there.

But it was Misharan's birthday and he deserved attention, too! When T'ryn finally wriggled free of their combined grasp, R'dal shifted so he was clinging to the birthday boy. "I tried to bring my friend F'drel since he knows at least Mylo as well and I think he'd get along with all of you and Halomirth would like Coroth but I don't think he wanted to impose. He's a good guy like that." R'dal did slightly wonder if F'drel was just afraid Casa would be there with her sex drink but the reason he was given made just as much sense so he rolled with it.

"And I got you a present!" R'dal released Misharan so he could dig into a pocket and pulled out a leather bracelet that he embossed a pattern into. He normally worked with glass beads, and had a special project in the works with a glass-smith that would take a while yet, but he watched a crafter working leather at a recent trip to Ista and thought it was so cool. So he pestered the man until he gave in and let R'dal try making patterns on a strip of leather that had been leftover from some other project. He thought it turned out well and with some help, he even added fasteners, all of which R'dal explained as he put it on Misharan's wrist.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Thankfully, T’ryn agreed to the hug, even if he was a little awkward about it. That was alright though, there was always time to get more practice with hugging. And T’ryn had plenty of friends happy to help him practice. Like R’dal, who had just arrived!

“R’dal!” Misha called out as the bluerider came over to join the hug, laughing as he got a bit squished between his two friends. Hug squishing was good squishing. It was an excellent hug, and Misharan was relieved to notice how T’ryn relaxed a bit instead of being so uptight about hugging. R’dal was great at helping people feel more comfortable, it was an amazing skill, and in that moment Misha was very grateful for it. He didn’t want T’ryn to have a bad hug experience with him! Only good hugs allowed, especially since T’ryn needed more good hugs in his life.

He released his hold on T’ryn when the bronzerider started moving away, letting him escape the hug. Wouldn’t do to make him overly uncomfortable by trapping him in a hug. Instead, Misharan focused on the most recently arrived friend.

“Hi,” Misha smiled, wrapping his arms tighter around R’dal now that there was only one other person in the hug and giving him a kiss on the cheek (unlike T’ryn, R’dal didn’t mind), “Glad you could make it. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of chances to meet your friend. Maybe next time I’m in Ista you can introduce me. I don’t even need to be in Ista, you can come borrow me whenever, you know how flexible my schedule is.”

“Oh?” he said excitedly, impatiently waiting as R’dal dug through his pocket. Misharan liked getting things for any occasion, but birthday gifts were extra fun. Most holidays were about the holiday, but a birthday was all about you! When the present was revealed, Misha ‘ooohhhh’ed happily, holding out his arm so R’dal could fasten it around his wrist. It was so cool! And R’dal made it! “This is so cool, R’dal!” Misha said, twisting the bracelet around his wrist to see all of it better. “Thank you!” And Misharan gave R’dal another hug.

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

C'dhin sipped his wine and shifted a bit uncomfortably where he sat on the couch. As the guests arrived, he was suddenly reminded how old he was getting, though he didn't look that much older than some of the guests thanks to Coroth. But he started to feel like a chaperone thanks in part to the age but also by the way he sat alone while the others greeted him and then returned to chatting with their friends. It didn't really bother him and he knew he could easily fix it by inserting himself into any conversation but he couldn't help thinking it while his ass remained planted on the couch.

So he got up. Well done. Now you're the loner standing by the couch instead of the one sitting on the couch. C'dhin ignored her and the snickering that followed when he didn't reply, and headed over to the cake. While he loved the way everyone admired it, he had created it to be eaten so now was as good a time as any and said as much before offering, "who wants what?" This cake was constructed in a way that he could offer a guest a slice from any tier they wanted instead of giving them one giant eight layered slice. He already knew T'ryn would want his from the fruit layer so he cut a piece and held it out for the bronzerider.

As the orders came in, C'dhin carefully worked at cutting decent sized wedges for each guest, grateful they mostly wanted the higher tiers so he wouldn't have to take it apart too quickly to work on the bottom one. Once everyone had what they wanted, he pointed out the wine and the water jug off to the side for anyone to take what they wanted.

"Happiest of birthdays to Misharan and may this new turn be filled with love, fun, and happiness!" Since he didn't have his glass in hand, C'dhin saluted Misharan with a fork of cake before he ate it in replacement of drinking wine. It was an improvised speech --You can tell-- but the sentiment was there and the others followed suit, calling out cheers of their own and saluting him with drink or cake.

C'dhin smiled, glad he was a part of the celebration and wanted to make sure it didn't preemptively end because the guests felt like they were over staying their welcome or whatever else went through the minds of weyrbrats. "And stay as long as you like. We have lots of cake and wine, I don't mind the company, and the birthday boy should be showered in affection as much as possible. Oh, did you know there's an old Holder tradition of spanking the birthday boy or girl the equivalent amount of their age? Sometimes by just one person or everyone gets to administer a slap." He grinned wickedly, recalling an elder in his hold mention that when he was little. He'd never been to such a party where that happened and C'dhin wasn't even sure if it was true, but the idea of it amused him all the same.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Misha cheered when it became apparent it was time to eat cake. He informed C’dhin he was obviously going to have some of every layer so he could just pick any of them to start and he’d make his way happily through the rest by the end of the evening. When Misharan took the first bite of cake he almost died, it was so good, and it took a lot of effort to no simply inhale the entire thing. No, C’dhin put so much work into it, he ought to savor it. And also leave some for other people, that too. He did try to limit the amount of borderline obscene noises he made over how good it was, also for the benefit of at least some of the guests.

He beamed at all the cheers and well wishes, basking in the affection of all his friends. Misharan would never claim to be humble, he was well aware he could be full of himself, but it really wasn’t just about him — he loved to make other people happy, too. And if he could help people have a good time while also celebrating himself, well. All for the better.

C’dhin’s comment that the birthday boy should be showered in affection was met with said birthday boy whistling encouragingly, always there for receiving more affection, though he paused at the greenrider’s next words.

“The fuck kind of Hold are you from, C’dhin, kinky or repressed?” Misharan asked with a laugh and a shake of his head. “Where I’m from you pinched the birthday person however many times it was. Great fun with siblings, all trying to pinch you the hardest. Not that I’m entirely opposed to the spanking version,” he added, gesturing with his fork, “but I rather like being able to sit and enjoy my cake for the time being, so maybe later, as long as people ask me nicely.”

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Kinky or repressed? C’dhin had no idea what Misharan was talking about and was about to ask when past Flights flittered through his mind and how some of his conquerors liked to smack his ass during their victory lap when they were back in control. Well then. It wasn’t what he had in mind but he could consider it if Misharan liked it that way and didn’t have plans with any of his other guests that night. And his face was on fire even more so than it had been seconds earlier when he realised he made such a kinky suggestion in front of so many people. His glass of wine was suddenly found and C’dhin was chugging it back and both hopping he did choke on it to give him a reason for being red and hoping he didn’t so he could quietly fade into the couch.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal already had a mouthful of cake when C’dhin made his speech but he still managed a cheer and then almost choked on his cake at the idea of spanking Misharan. Even in a not-so-kinky way, he liked it! He could easily see them all lining up with the birthday boy bent over the side of the couch so they could each take a turn paddling his adorable back side. He giggled to himself and made a mental note to ask Misharan nicely later on if they could do that and maybe set some rules for how hard the slaps would be. He’d personally hate to be unable to sit or lie on his back because of too many birthday bum bops!

The idea of pinching didn’t sound fun at all, though, and R’dal made a face at Misharan as he pinched his own cheek. It added to his face and made his words come out a bit funny but it helped prove his point. “Pinching sucks. My mom and some of the ladies in the kitchens like to do it to me while they call me adorable and sweet. Some of them have quite the grip!” He never complained to the ladies about it. He thought they were all just as sweet and while it stung a bit, it never really hurt and he didn’t want to take away someone else’s fun or change a habit.

After finishing his first slice and devouring a second—of a different flavour! He had plans to try each layer before he left—R’dal set down his plate in order to help pace himself. He didn’t want to make himself sick despite the goal to sample everything. Mylorah had been following his example and they chatted while eating but now he wanted to go see the man they were all gathered together for and Kordiavis wandering over didn’t make him feel bad for ditching Mylorah for a bit, especially since she turned the Candidate into her chair since he took the one R’dal had abandoned.

He wouldn’t call it sneaking up since T’ryn was with Misharan and greeted him again when he got close, but R’dal wondered if he would have been elbowed out of surprise for the way he silently slipped his arms around Misharan’s waist and pressed up against his back for a cuddle. He was just a smidgen taller than his friend so he took advantage of it by resting his chin on a shoulder. F’drel was taller than him so he didn’t really get a chance to do such things, but height didn’t matter when they were curled up in bed together.

“I know you said later but fifteen minutes is technically later and I’m only asking for even later but can I please spank you, Misha? It sounds like fun.” He meant it in the fun and innocent group activity way but his somewhat traitorous body was starting to lean toward the more sexual way with how their bodies were pressed together. Honestly, Misharan was a good friend and R’dal would happily go with either option that was selected. He had a pretty open group of friends that liked to share and show their affections—some more than others—and if Misharan wanted to be friends that sometimes had sex, that was cool with him.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“Repressed it is then,” Misha said with a cheeky grin at C’dhin’s response. The man’s red face couldn’t mean anything else. Hopefully he was just embarrassed about making a lewd suggestion in front of other people, some of whom he didn’t necessarily know very well and not actually opposed to what he (accidentally) suggested, because now that C’dhin had said it Misharan was very into the idea. Both as something that could be done at the party (once it had wound down more and people who weren’t into it had left) and maybe something to try next time he visited the greenrider. Misha gave C’dhin a playful wink before focusing back on his slice of cake; he didn’t want anyone to miss having as much cake as they wanted, so any spanking and other activities that could go with it were being put on hold for the moment. At least until everyone had at least a second slice of cake.

He was actually having a fair amount of success at pushing his own horniness back and focusing on the delicious, amazing cake and talking to his friends, including maintaining a completely sex-free conversation with T’ryn. At least, he was until R’dal wandered over.

There was nothing inherently sexual about the way R’dal was leaning against him, but Misha’s body sure seemed to interpret it that way, and he hoped the slightly shaky breath he took could be written off as surprise at R’dal wrapping his arms around him. His blueriding friend directly asking if he could spank him from maybe an inch away from his ear where he could feel the air from the words being spoken did not help.

“Yeah,” Misha said, leaning into R’dal, “definitely, later.” It took a lot of effort not to tell R’dal sure, right now, let’s go, because that would be an absolutely amazing addition to his birthday party, but Misharan was also aware that not everyone there would be comfortable participating. It wasn’t even his weyr, and while Misha was sure he could convince C’dhin to participate and probably extend the use of his weyr, he wasn’t going to just assume. Well, he assumed it would be alright, he just wanted to get proper permission before doing anything. And make sure everyone got enough cake and time with his most excellent self before they were unceremoniously asked to leave so he could get laid. Which he really, really wanted to do.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)