World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 739.06.29 | The Worst Trip
9:30 PM | R'dal

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
F’drel still couldn’t believe he’d gone along with this camping trip. It was very much not his style, but Halomirth had been so excited at the idea — spending time at the beach with friends and you get to sleep there — he couldn’t say no. He’d given a noncommittal ‘I’ll be there unless something comes up,’ and then Miri had been the final push to actually show up. And it hadn’t been so bad at first; swimming was nice, especially in this weather, and he’d found a mostly flat rock, big enough to sprawl out on top of and close enough to the water that the spray from the waves would keep him reasonably cool. F’drel had even been a little bit social, chatting with people, meeting some of the people he hadn’t known.

Of course, it all had to go to shit when Casa brought out the spiked klah.

Not that F’drel begrudged anyone for taking it. Maybe a little begrudging, for leaving him awkwardly alone amidst essentially an orgy, but he understood why it was appealing to people. Appealing to other people, as the thought of drinking it made him a little sick. No matter what Casa said about it not impacting your decision making, F’drel didn’t believe it — though he would believe all these people were truly as wanton and horny as they were acting that evening. But that was them and F’drel… well, he barely drank wine — sometimes when he was alone, and wasn’t that a different level of sad — because he didn’t like feeling like his ability to respond to things, to think, was impaired. It made him deeply uncomfortable. And this drug seemed more intense than a glass of wine.

He leaned back against Halomirth’s side, where she lay at the edge of the camp conversing animatedly with a couple of blues from other Weyrs, and tried to think of anything else. Of course, he failed, as the immediate area was full of the sounds of people having sex. Lots of people, having lots of sex. And the waves in the background, but they hardly drowned out all the moaning and… other noises. F’drel grimaced and shifted around, trying to find a place against Miri that blocked off some of the noise a little. No success. He contemplated taking Miri and making his own camp a little further off, but F’drel knew he wouldn’t be able to coax her away from the other dragons. Maybe he could convince her to leave them, but would her quiet disappointment at not being with friends be worth it? No, no it would not. With a sigh F’drel resigned himself to an uncomfortable, sleepless night.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R'dal had already made plans with some of his family the day the camping trip was set for. He knew he could have gotten out of it if he wanted to since all of his siblings (except the infant, of course!) were old enough to be left alone without supervision. But, he didn't want to cancel. He liked his siblings on his dad's side and he had promised to take them for a ride on Edath before spending the day together at one Weyr or the other doing whatever they wanted. He knew R'dare was disappointed, though R'dal suspected Daelyne going on the trip was a good distraction for the missing friend. Besides, he'd show up eventually, having decided he could fit all of the plans into the day.

By the time he did get to the beach, R'dal was tired and somewhat regretting the idea to still put in an appearance but he promised he'd go and he didn't want to disappoint his friends anymore than he wanted to disappoint his family. He arrived after dinner and made his rounds greeting everyone he knew before Casa brought out some mystery drink. R'dal was briefly intrigued by it but then passed when it was offered to him. He was too sleepy for sex and didn't care if the drink would change that for him. If he wanted sex, he'd have it later when he was feeling it but he didn't begrudge anyone else that downed the drink.

He had been chatting with R'dare when his friend started to get antsy and explained what he was feeling thanks to the drink. R'dal waved him off to find someone to help --normally he would have been happy to fool around with his friend but he still wasn't in the mood-- and watched as R'dare ended up with R'vi and some Candidate he didn't know.

A nap was starting to sound like a good idea when he realised what seemed like everyone was now occupied. Maybe he'd check in with his dragon and see if they should just head out; though letting their so-called chaperone know might be difficult with how occupied he was. Edath? What are you up to?

Chatting with Halomirth. You know, the sweet green I say hello to sometimes when we're in Ista? Kadaisicalth is with us as well. R'dal frowned, not wanting to pull his dragon away from friends. Then an idea hit him.

What's her rider up to? He crossed his fingers as he chanted his plea that the man not be getting his freak on right then. He was growing more bored than tired now and wanted a friend.

He's here. Trying to become one with his dragon's side, I think. R'dal giggled at the image that created but decided that was good enough for him and grabbed his bag and made the short trek over to Halomirth's rider. That he didn't know the name of. Oh well.

"Hey!" He greeted the man as he flopped down beside him, inviting himself without a care that it might seem rude. Everyone that knew him expected such things by now. The guy was just lucky he wasn't greeted with the usual hug and draping of a bluerider over his shoulders.

"Want some sun-dried berries?" He held out the small bag he pulled free from his satchel with a large grin. "My little sister likes making them lately. They're really yummy. Chewy and a bit tart." He accentuated the point by popping a few in his mouth and giving a blissful purr.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

It wasn’t until R’dal was a few feet away that F’drel even realized someone was there. Halomirth’s bulk — honestly, he had the largest green at any Weyr, he swore — had blocked him from view until he was right there. F’drel stiffened at the approach, worried the newcomer would be propositioning him any second. Instead he was offered dried fruit. A quick glance told him the bag did indeed contained berries, a kind he liked. He frowned at them.

“They aren’t going to make me suddenly have sex with the entire campsite, are they?” F’drel asked dryly, but he took a small handful anyway. While he didn’t think the dried berries were compromised in anyway, he examined the ones in his palm carefully before eating them. Didn’t hurt to be careful — not with this crowd. Then again, he’d mentioned his sister, which wasn’t exactly a sexy topic. Probably a good idea to pursue that topic, stay on decidedly un-sexy things.

“Your sister made them? Does she like making food usually, or is this a new interest?” Of his own sisters, none of them really made food for fun. For work, sure, but he couldn’t recall any of them making something like dried berries because they liked to. Maybe they had time to do that kind of thing now, since they’d left Nabol for Fort. F’drel would have to ask on his next visit. “Thank you, by the way.” He added, realizing he’d just questioned if he was being drugged and taken the food and not thanked… fuck, who was he talking to.

’Miri, do you know his name?’ The green considered for a moment, glancing over to see him with her own eyes. He’s Edath’s rider. She chirped, tilting her head to indicate one of the blues she was talking to. I didn’t ask his name. Should I? She asked, ready to question Edath about it.

’No, dear, I’ll manage,’ F’drel told her, figuring he could get through a conversation without using names if he had to. Just say ‘you’ a lot, it would be fine. He wanted to know what the bluerider was doing talking to him, considering everyone else was getting it on, but didn’t really want to ask. Too much of an invitation, and F’drel didn’t want to give even a hint of being interested.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal quirked his head to the side as he regarded the greenrider, wondering why that was the first thing said but then shrugged and rolled with it. "Only if sun-dried berries turn you on. You should probably mention that before taking some next time. But there's plenty of people to help you out if you need it." He laughed as another berry was popped into his mouth, showing no signs of worry about such things and having a need to run away.

"It's a new interest. Sun-drying things, I mean. She usually likes making sweet breads when she's bored but I like this new interest of hers. It's something good that's coming out of the Ista heat, don't you think?" He didn't mind the summer, normally, after all he had grown up in Katila, but it was getting pretty intense lately at Ista and R'dal was more than ready for it to be over and done with. It was partly why he took his siblings elsewhere that day, just to get them all away for a day. He had to admit, he was glad he was in Fort with some of his friends, even if others and his family weren’t there.

“And you’re welcome. It’s good to have snacks when you’re watching something entertaining. I usually munch on something when I’m taking a break from swimming or games when others are still playing—and I’m not napping, I should add. So I figure watching everyone have sex is kind of like watching them play games. So snack time it is! Halomirth, do you mind if I lean against you as well?” His attention suddenly shifted to the green dragon, gaze beseeching, possibly with a bit of a pout, as he already moved on from the odd topic of voyeurism he had brought them to. R’dal’s attention span was sometimes on par with that of a firelizard but he couldn’t help it if he was bored and excited at making a new friend!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel gave the bluerider an odd look and frowned, before gesturing at the rest of the campsite. “Once someone’s spiked the klah, you never know what else is safe,” he said by means of explanation. Honestly though, why did Casa have to go and ruin the klah? Now he wouldn’t be able to drink it for the rest of the trip, and F’drel really liked the stuff. Having it now be ‘unsafe’ was just another reason this trip had started going downhill rather quickly. He grumpily ate another dried berry.

“Glad someone’s having fun in this heat,” F’drel said, agreeing with his new companion of sorts, “I wonder if it’s fun to watch fruit dry. Is it fast enough you can see it wrinkling in this heat, do you think?” He’d never dried fruit; he assumed it took a good long time, but it had been so hot F’drel wouldn’t be surprised if a berry would wither in seconds left on a hot rock or a metal plate or something.

He was distracted from the thought of fruit by the idea of watching people have sex being entertaining. Why were dragonriders so eager to watch other people have sex or have sex in public? F’drel munched another berry, deciding that in this case he preferred the person who enjoyed eating snacks while watching people have sex in public to the people drugging themselves and having sex in public. The fact that F’drel was having to think about this was fucking ridiculous. He hated this camping trip and everyone on it. These dried berries were really good though, and he didn’t want to cause a scene or something by leaving — not that anyone but this bluerider would even notice a dragon taking off right then. F’drel decided not to comment on how very not entertaining he found this whole event, and simple ‘hmn’ed an agreement about it being snack time.

Halomirth had been excitedly watching the new person talk to her rider, curious about him as she was all potential new friends. She was utterly pleased when he spoke to her, and eagerly agreed. Not at all! You are welcome to lean, I don’t mind at all. F’drel was getting lonely, so I’m glad he has a friend now. the green chirped, speaking directly to the bluerider. This ‘leaning against’ thing was nice, only F’drel ever did it, but it was like curling up with other dragons a little. Except people were a lot smaller. Still good to snuggle with though!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal beamed at Halomirth and scooted a bit closer to both rider and dragon until he found a comfortable spot to lean back against. “Thanks! I’m glad he has a friend now as well. He’s interesting,” it didn’t matter that they had been in each other’s sphere of acknowledgement for all of two minutes; R’dal simply found everyone interesting. Sometimes it wasn’t in a good way but he found that didn’t happen very often and while the greenrider – F’drel, was it? He’d have to try and remember that – seemed to veer towards skeptical and suspicious, he was still fun and in his own way encouraging R’dal to continue babbling and being himself without toning it down.

“Oh! We should try it!” R’dal’s attention was back on F’drel as the man’s ponderings over dried fruit took priority once again, though he gave Halomirth an affectionate pat to show she wasn’t being ignored either. He’d happily carry on a conversation with each of them for a while if that’s what the green pair wanted, and it wasn’t because they were pretty much the only ones not otherwise occupied. “We could go pick some berries in the morning, or now I suppose, but the light is almost gone so probably not wise. But then we can set them out on some rocks here or maybe on a plate on your ledge, assuming you’re from Ista, I mean. I’m not. I’m in Fort. Hmm,” R’dal wondered if he needed to ask his sister if there were any tricks to the process they should know but that would require a trip back to see her if they decided to try it at the camp in the morning and that seemed a waste of time. Besides, it was a lot more fun to experiment and figure it out as they went.

I promise he’s not always this energetic or excitable, if your rider is worried, Edath spoke only to Halomirth, not wanting to risk upsetting F’drel by poking about in his mind without invitation. He always tried to wait until he was spoken to first and took that as permission to respond, unless it was an emergency, but R’dal’s excitement didn’t warrant such extreme actions. At least not yet.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

The praise of her rider — though Miri wasn’t entirely sure what ‘interesting’ meant, it was clearly good! — pleased Miri, and she gave a happy rumble, causing her side, where the two men were resting, to vibrate a bit. She listened intently to R’dal’s idea about the two riders drying berries, and she decided to confirm F’drel’s participation before he tried to back out. Her rider could be so reclusive sometimes, and Halomirth was eager to help him get out more.

You’re welcome to use my ledge for berry drying! I’ll try not to step on them, promise. Miri said to both riders excitedly. F’drel sighed. He wasn’t completely against the idea, but he wasn’t as eager as Miri to invite new acquaintances into his home. Picking berries and drying them while camping, fine, he could do that. Having a new ‘friend’ —by Miri’s definition — stop by his weyr didn’t sit as well with him, especially when he wasn’t entirely convinced the man wasn’t trying to get in his pants. And he still didn’t know the bluerider’s name.

“Tomorrow’s probably better, with the additional light,” F’drel said, before reconsidering. “Actually, maybe now would be good so we can get away from this nonsense,” he waved his hand vaguely towards the other campers, “Unless you’re particularly invested in watching.” F’drel couldn’t help the distasteful nose scrunch he made at the idea, still not sure why the bluerider would find it entertaining —outside of ‘all weyrfolk are fucking insane,’ in any case.

Halomirth, reassured that her rider wouldn’t try to undo her efforts to help him make friends, turned her attention to Edath, who had spoken to her. I’ll let him know, she said, quickly repeating the message to F’drel — Edath says his rider isn’t always like this if you were worrying about it, though I don’t know why he needs to assure you of that. — before turning her head back to Edath. If you want you can lean against me too, Edath. She said, liking the idea of everyone all lying together. Maybe she could Kadaisicalth to join them too — his rider was apparently busy, but that shouldn’t mean the blue had to miss out!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

"Not really," R'dal shrugged and ate another berry from his rapidly depleting supply. "It was just something to do to pass the time but there's way too many girly bits on display to be truly enjoyable." It didn't matter that the women to men ratio leaned far more heavily towards men as just one set of breasts was more than he needed to see; something he learned a couple of turns ago, much to Mylorah's frustration.

"Do you know where some berry bushes are? Preferably ones that aren't near death traps. That would be more of a bummer than being left out at sex camp." R'dal giggled and handed the small bag over to F'drel so his new friend could finish off what was left. He stretched for a moment as he tried to recall the lay of the land and flopped back against Halomirth and did his best not to nuzzle into the warm hide and have a nap. A finger tapped against his chin as he thought about places that might have berries. Ista was a small enough island but he still didn't know it all that well. For all he knew, they were sitting a few lengths away from a good picking spot. Hopefully his friend knew!

Then again, "we could just pack up and head back to the Weyr and do a kitchen raid. I haven't done that in turns!" He used to do that a lot with the other 'brats back in Katila. Sometimes they dared each other to try at certain hours when people were prepping the food for the day, other times a small group would sneak in late at night and swipe some of the sweets, breads, or even fruit since T'ryn -- well, Telrynd at the time-- was lame and didn't like sweet snacks.

It didn't seem like they'd have dragon companionship for any hunting in the area, though. R'dal turned at the sound of dragons moving and spotted Edath shifting to curl up beside Halomirth and he smiled, glad his dragon was so good at making friends as well. If we go back to the Weyr, you can hang out with her some more. I know which beds are currently empty and easily swiped tonight.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel shook his head, still not at all getting the appeal of voyeurism. “I’ll take your word for it,” he said. It didn’t matter to him what bits were on display, he still didn’t want to see them. If that made him a prude by dragonrider standards than what-the-fuck-ever, F’drel did not care.

“I’m not sure about berry bush locations. Miri and I usually just go to beaches, and not this one, and I don’t remember seeing any earlier in the day…” he trailed off, quietly accepting the bag and taking another berry from it. Asking Miri didn’t give him any more information — she didn’t remember seeing berries either — and he was wracking his brain for where berries might be found when his new ‘friend’ had his idea.

It actually wasn’t a horrible idea. Miri would probably go along with returning to the Weyr if it was in order to spend time with ‘friends,’ so that was that sorted. “Alright,” F’drel said, “that works.” It was late enough no one would be working in the kitchens so they wouldn’t be getting in the way, and the Weyr was well stocked enough nothing they took would be missed. It would probably be day old pastries and such, which half the time get thrown out since new ones are made each morning. “Would we be getting berries there for drying tomorrow or just snacks for the night?” he asked, glancing up at the flash of delight he felt from his dragon to see Edath moving to lie next to her. ’If we go home he can stay in the weyr with you for the rest of the night,’ F’drel told her, knowing Halomirth would be disappointed if her physical affection time was cut short without promise of continuation later. Not that he could guarantee Edath would want to stay with her, but in the past few months he’d never seen a blue turn down a chance to spend time with Miri. Little minx, she wasn't even trying to flirt, she just liked cuddling and it seemed that blues ate that up. It would have been annoying if F’drel weren’t also utterly charmed by his dragon.

“I’m set to go whenever you want.” Everything F’drel had brought was in his bag, which was next to him, other than the blanket they were sitting on. Which, well, they were sitting on it, he just had to pick it up when they stood. He hadn’t left any drinks or food in one of the tents — even if had F’drel had no interest in going to find it just then — so as soon as the bluerider wanted to leave F’drel was ready. Couldn’t leave that campsite soon enough for F’drel’s tastes.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal eyed up the greenrider for a moment, wondering if the man was slow or a genius. The whole point of going to the kitchens was to get berries to dry the following day. So why would they only get some for tonight to snack on? Unless this was F’drel’s way of asking him to hang out with him even more tomorrow by picking berries in the morning and doing their experiment in the afternoon! He was really starting to understand why so many of his friends kept saying greenriders were so adorable. “I accept the invitation,” he stated with a smile before jumping to his feet. “We’ll be all stealthy tonight for snacks and then in the morning we can go hunting for bushes and dry them in the afternoon. Now, be right back! You get ready to go.”

R’dal dashed off to where Casa was entertaining several of their friends and while he didn’t think many, if any, would notice him, he still didn’t want to be rude and just vanish without a word. If nothing else, Kadaisicalth would relay their parting. “Thanks for hosting this, Casa! F’drel and I are taking off but I’ll see you guys later,” he waved at the group and turned to grab his bag he’d left behind before and then headed back to the greenrider and their dragons, finding nothing at all weird about trying to interact with the group lost to their lust.

“I’m ready now,” R’dal announced upon his return. He greeted Halomirth with another pat to the side as he passed her, already fond of her cheerful nature, and set about mounting Edath. “We can meet back in Ista and then I’ll follow you to your ledge. I think sneaking from there will draw less attention than having them drop us off outside the kitchen door.” Seemed like a good plan to him!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

The amount of energy the bluerider had was almost unnerving, and F’drel couldn’t help staring after him trying to process everything. Shaking his head, F’drel stood himself, shook out the blanket before carefully folding it and putting it in his bag. He still had the small pouch, now empty, and tucked that in the bag on top of the blanket. He’d return it later. With that he was fully packed, and just had to wait for his new companion.

As he was picking up the bag to put it on Miri he couldn’t help but hear the bluerider say goodbye to Casa. Brave man, talking to her right then. The chances that she even heard him were pretty slim, but F’drel couldn’t help wincing at the implications of the two of them leaving together. If anyone actually did hear Edath’s rider — who apparently knew F’drel’s name, which made still having no idea what his name was worse — they would almost certainly make some assumptions. F’drel sighed and climbed onto Halomirth, gently scratching her behind the closest neck ridge as he waited for their new friend — he was resigned to it by this point — to return with his bag.

Even if he was a bit unpredictable, the bluerider was kind to Halomirth. He asked permission before leaning on her, he gave her pats — which she loved — and was generally polite to her. Which of course meant F’drel had to tolerate him at least a bit, for both Miri’s happiness and because he always had a grudging respect for those who treated Miri well. F’drel watched him pat Miri on his way to his own dragon, and decided that, for now, he was alright with spending time with the bluerider if it made Miri happy.

“You can just land right on Miri’s ledge,” he offered, resigned to the bluerider knowing where he lived, “Might as well, I imagine Edath’s going to end up there eventually. Miri’ll tell him where to go.” Halomirth trilled in agreement, sending Edath the image of where her ledge was before taking to the air and betweening to Ista Weyr.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)