World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Kicking and Screaming [Lymsleia]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Two in one week? Disgraceful.

S’kef tightened his belt and reached for his goggles, strung neatly over one bedpost. The sun hadn’t been up long and it was looking like a beautiful day, warm enough to pass for a Telgar summer. Well, that was assuming he really remembered what Telgar summers even were.

The north was weighing heavily on his mind today. The notion bothered Tyrrisath, who preferred those foul memories remain locked firmly in the past. Prideful and resentful of the entire plague affair, Tyrrisath was just as content to forget them as his bonded. He didn’t complain, however, remaining stoic and silently supportive as S’kef muttered to himself all over their hut.

Why was he thinking of the north? Because of that sharding stupid girl, that’s why!

One of the healers had been missing from the Hall for a couple days now. She’d obviously wandered off…possibly just lost, but also possibly escaped. S’kef was happy to go get her, at least in theory. That was one less burden for the Weyrleader. But these escape attempts made the brownrider sullen and bitter. He didn’t particularly care about the stolens’ sentiments, but it was a sharp reminder that they had somewhere to go back to.

If S’kef couldn’t go home, neither could they.

Are you ready?

Always
S’kef strode outside and mounted his dragon, quickly and discreetly. The pair were soon off, sailing over the treeline in the western forests. What do we know about the girl?

She’s got dark skin and mismatched eyes

I see

The pair flew in silence for some time before Tyrrisath finally uttered a deep rumble. I see someone

The brown angled his head downwards, watching for movement in the brush. He’d just seen something, something distinctly human. At S’kef’s silent request, he wheeled around for a second pass.

Fixed the date. Lol.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia found herself foraging again for tubers, and bugs. Susitance. For the past two weeks she'd lived in the wilds near the Weyr. She'd only meant to be gone a day or two at  most. To have the people realize that she was a nesscery part of the Weyr's life.

How had it turned so wrong? She was cleaned- well as clean as one could be in the forest with bugs and dirt. She'd bathed every day though. She'd gone from the Eastern forests near the lake and somehow lost the paths. But as she came into the clearing she  her sharpened stick released from her hand as she tossed it as a small creature. Food. Fresh Meat...

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Tyrrisath's wings angled slightly yo increase drag, slowing him down as he sailed lower over the treetops. His jeweled eyes searched the trees and underbrush, searching again for that faint rustle of movement.

Luck was on his side. As he swooped low over a clearing, he saw her; standing just outside the tree limb, sharpened stick in hand. Whatever she was tossing it at would surely be frightened off by Tyrrisath's broad, heavy windstrokes.

There he said dryly, alerting his bonded. S'kef narrowed his eyes as he saw the girl. Just what the shards was she thinking?

Land. Now. I don't want her running away

The clearing was the best place to ambush someone on foot. Tyrrisath couldn't pursue her into the trees if she did decide to run, but he could drop S'kef close...and he certainly could run. He readied himself as Tyrrisath looped wide and came down for a heavy landing, perhaps two dragonlengths away from Lymsleia; far enough away not to hurt her on accident, but close enough to make their intentions known.

S'kef dismounted and walked towards her wordlessly, his posture rigid and his expression sour. Tyrrisath watched emotionlessly.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Food was the only thing on her mind, at least for the moment. She heard the broad wing strokes. She acknowledged them. Dragon, she told herself. A Dragon .Not her Drragon... She blinked a few times. Her mind was slow, and barely responsive. She'd managed to feed herself, but ahh it was hard to keep going. As the man appeared in the clearing she dropped the sharpened stick, planting in the ground.

"Dragonman." she squeaked in a whispered tone. "Come to take me home, and force me to help women breed child, after child... because your Leader can't accept the idea that'd it'd be easier to simply ask for people?" she barked the words.  She felt horrible form bringing it up, but it could only be D'ren who sent them after. Right?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef prowled closer, walking with confidence and wearing a stony, unmoving expression. He came close but remained noninvasive, pausing a few paces away from Lymsleia and crossing his arms across his chest. He listened coldly to her appeal, eyes set firmly upon her and jaw set in frustration. He had better things to do than chase little girls through the woods. As he stood and looked at her, that was all he saw; a little girl.

"Do you have any idea how stupid you are?" he barked, ignoring her quip about the Weyrleader. S'kef respected the man with all his heart and didn't gave a tear what some annoying girl had to say about him. Like D'ren tried to shield Tsuen, so S'ken would do his best to shield both of them. "You're Lymsleia, right? The missing healer?"

He took a step closer.

"Well," he growled, "Jada of Krypth almost died last night! She had to undergo emergency surgery, and I'm sure-"

Talian and Breccan

"-Talian and Breccan could have used your help. Instead, you were out here playing in the mud like a spoiled child. Did you honestly believe you are alone in your disappointment? I didn't Impress Tyrrisath until my third hatching!" he said sharply, not exactly yelling, but not snaring the sting in his voice, either.

Gruff and unamused, S'kef held his hand out for her. "Now come on. I'm sure you're hungry," he said, allowing his demeanor to soften just the barest bit. Tyrrisath continued to watch in his trademark silence.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
For a moment Lymsleia remind silent. "I didn't meant to get lost out here. I only went to the lake side... " she muttered stepping towards him. The admonishment in his tone was like a slap. She blinked a few times. "Jada..." she seemed for a few seconds disturbed and trying to make sense of things. "What kind of surgery... and That's Talian's field not mine. According most people I am only good for women with babies... so I doubt I could have been too much help-- though I can and have performed---" she stopped talking, no use in  trying.

"Who said I left because I was disappointed?" she shot back in a  growl. "I left to clear my head. I left to... to... I don't know, I guess I was just expecting to have things 'work', after I spent an hour or two. My father didn't show up, Farlint was hurt..." she walked toward him. She was clean strangely enough. A Healer who'd spent a week in the forest but had decided personal hygenine was good?  Odd indeed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef frowned dourly. He didn't know anything about healing. He had no idea how useful a midwife would be in an emergency, but she had to have had some sort of first aid training, right? Undoubtedly better than the total wherries that had been helping!

"She had festering wounds on her arms. I don't know the details, just that some tissue had to be cut out," he said gruffly, ignoring her angst. He shook his hand impatiently.

Lymsleia's impetuous response caused the brownrider to take a swift step forward, hand still outstretched, as if anticipating that she would run. Tyrrisath let out a low rumble in the background, the first sound he'd uttered in some time. S'kef wasn't impressed by Lym's explanation; it all sounded like synonyms for disappointment to him.

"Either way, it's time for you to come back," he said, eyes widening in an appeal, or was it sudden warning?

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
She nodded. "Festering.." she blinked a few times trying to get her mind around it. "Why? Do we know what happened to her?" she moved towards S'kef now changing modes. Her voice shifted. "What other information do you have?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef was filled with sudden rage. He hated this, trying to coax the stubborn girl towards him like a man calling a dog out of the rain. He nursed an overwhelming desire to snap his hand across her face as she approached once more, inquiring now about the medical procedure of the previous night.

Shards if I know, that's someone else's job he thought bitterly. His words weren't aimed particularly at Tyrrisath, but the brown picked them up easily enough and offered the mental version of a gruff nod. Nor I he said softly.

S'kef reached out and snatched for Lym's wrist. "I don't know much," he said. "I know she didn't get any medical care after her wounds on the sands." Idiot girl. And to think, that was the new goldrider! S'kef felt a brush of discomfort as he thought those words, for he tended to respect goldriders.

Oh well. Maybe she'd learn, and if not...she'd be easy to control. That was probably the best kind of goldrider. He felt a hint of laughter resonating from Tyrrisath, a gesture of agreement.

"Come on now. I'm sure the other healers will tell you all about it when we get back," he grunted.

Just incorporate whether or not he was successful at grabbing her into your reply :)

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia felt his hand close around her wrist. Oh glory of glories. It was welll a near orgasmic response that ran through her body at teh contact of another person. She stumbled foreward, allowing the to her felt positively feather light touch carry her along. She danced foreward and found herself a few inches from him. "Ahhh... you're S'kef.. yes? You were the one doing the whipping?" she managed in a hazy dream-like tone.

It felt good to hold intelligent conversation, with something, with someone. IT felt... wildly elative. She felt her eyes flutter. Do not pass out, she repeated it toherself. "Take me home." her voice was a command.  Oh it felt so good to say those words.

No longer was the north her home, but Katilia was. "Please." she steped towards him, and reached, she just wanted the close contact, the scent of something else human. He smelled good, even from her arm's length distance he smelled, amazing, a person, male older... She shook her head. Bad mind. No.. entanglement was no ok.  She realized why she craved it though. She'd been alone too long.

Alone and  with her own thoughts too long. "Let's go back, I have patients to see, and Weyrleaders to face." she whispered solemnly. She glanced at S'kef. She knew absolutely nothing about him, except he'd been the one with the whip in his hand. He'd come to hunt her down. What sort of person was this man?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef wasn't sure to make of Lymsleia's sudden shift in attitude, but he wasn't going to argue. A gruff, self-important grin crossed his face as he drew her closer with one strong arm. "That's the idea," he said in reply, his eyes never meeting hers, his face rigid in an expression of seriousness.

Tyrrisath pitched forward onto all fours and began to approach, eyes stoic and devoid of the usual flickering whirls of emotion visible in the eyes of other dragons.You did well S'kef said mildly to Tyrrisath. Thank you

S'kef paused and held his hand out to help Lym onto the dragon's neck. Tyrrisath made no audible sound, but he did reach out to S'kef.  She softened before you. Do you suppose she fancies you?

Probably just emotional

Tyrrisath lifted his head and eyed Lym for a moment while S'kef climbed into place. Probably Tyrrisath agreed, though whether he meant it literally or was simply agreeing with his rider was uncertain.

S'kef didn't care. The job was done. That's all that mattered.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymlseia followed compliantly. Safety in the Weyr, Safety in the stone. She followed the rider to the waiting dragon and for a moment hovered a hand delicately over the the brown's hide. She shook her head lightly. " I just am tired of being alone." she muttered swing astride the dragon and shifted her weight. A slow careful breath. Food ,safety, other people.

"Thank for for coming to rescue to me." she began softly. She struggledto collect her thoughts. She'd survied a week in the jungle-forest and it felt wonderful to feel a dragon under her body. She aused. She'd be going back then. To face the fact she hadn't impressed. She'd be facing all of her patients too.

"Home." she commanded.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)