World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.06.25 | Tentative Invitation
3pm | Z’rin

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
N’mor stared up at the ceiling, sprawled across the couch with his head resting on Z’rin’s thighs. He could feel the bluerider’s fingers combing through his hair and honestly, the whole effect was rather entrancing. N’mor had gone out of his way to avoid everyone since well, that happened. He’d refused to let his friends visit him and had only gone down to the kitchens when he knew he’d be left alone. Honestly, Z’rin was the first person he’d interacted with in what felt like forever, and he’d only ended up with the man sitting on his couch because Rhezalth had manipulated the situation.

When the blue had contacted Rhezalth, the bronze had invited the other dragon to land on his ledge with him – he was lonely too! – and that Z’rin could enter from there. Thus Rhezalth was currently and contentedly curled up beside the blue dragon. N’mor had been started when Z’rin had walked in casually, the bronzerider having been involved in his daily exercises – sit ups, as the case was when the bluerider entered – and he’d stared at Z’rin blankly for several moments before sighing and standing up to greet the other man.

Unlike their usual encounters, which involved a lot of rapid stripping and great sex, N’mor had simply given Z’rin a light kiss to the cheek that had successfully conveyed his lack of interest in sex, and gotten the bluerider a glass of wine and settled him on the couch they usually used for more nefarious encounters. Then he’d gone and gotten himself a glass before wandering back. N’mor hadn’t actually said anything in all that time, though he’d gone from sitting quietly beside Z’rin to stretching out on the couch and using the other man’s lap as a pillow.

N’mor didn’t know what to say, and he wasn’t sure where he stood in Z’rin’s life; were they friends? Were they just fuck buddies? Was Z’rin just hanging around in case N’mor changed his mind and decided he did want to get laid? Was he looking for a way to leave? Frowning, N’mor sighed irritably and shifted his gaze to look up at Z’rin, finding the bluerider looking down at him. Probably from his sigh, he decided, and N’mor studied him for a few moments. “What do you want from this?” A pause. “Us,” he clarified, still frowning as he considered Z’rin. Finding out what the bluerider wanted would be a good indication of where to go, right?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Z'rin knew all about hiding from other people. After he was left behind in the South on a mission to confirm rumours the dragons still lived and was in fact rescued by a dragonrider, the young lad then known as Zanrindin had shied away from people. He was a curiosity to some, or at least that's how he thought he was viewed. It was hard to believe a hidden society of people would willingly let him join them. He had done his best to be left alone or turn down invites to hang out for a while before slowly starting to let himself be dragged along. Even then, he still felt like an outsider and still did.

He was also good at noticing when someone else didn't want to be interacted with because of his own habits. He consider N'mor a friend -- because who would sleep with their enemy? -- but also knew that their friendship was more based on the physical compatability than on any other activities, including talking. They did chat and he, at least, enjoyed the bronzerider's company but it was rather rare when a topic became deep and meaningful. So he wasn't too worried when N'mor didn't stop by or have time to see him when Z'rin popped into Ista the first week or so. When that silence continued to stretch longer and longer, Z'rin knew something was wrong and decided it was time to check up on his friend.

Thanks to the assist of Rhezalth, Z'rin managed to get in and see N'mor and didn't pry when the bronzerider didn't seem intent on talking. He gratefully accepted the wine and fell into companionable silence, not objecting when N'mor finally shifted and claimed his lap as a pillow. Something was on the younger man's mind but Z'rin wasn't sure of the boundaries they had and if he could ask about it. Besides, if N'mor wanted to share, he'd say something eventually and Z'rin was fine with that. He wasn't always the most outspoken and chatty of people and understood that sometimes others wanted to be that way as well.

As it was, he was lost in his own thoughts -- and wouldn't be able to tell anyone what it was he was even thinking about; just spacing out -- and idly running his fingers through N'mor's hair in an almost too intimate action when the silent bronzerider finally spoke after an attention-grabbing sigh. Z'rin frowned initially, at being asked what he wanted from 'this' as he didn't know what was being referenced. The visit? Sharing the couch so innocently when it normally saw much different action with the two of them?

"Us?" The confusion didn't abate by the apparent attempt at clarification. Z'rin started to feel like it was a trick question given what they had and didn't seem to want. Perhaps the question stemmed from whatever it was that was bothering N'mor and that made him just as nervous and he didn't know why. Silence wasn't going to get them anywhere and he figured voicing his thoughts would be just as useful as trying to sort them out internally anyway.

"Whatever you're willing to give, I suppose," it was an honest answer, if a safe one. Despite the attempts of the kids in his past, Z'rin never truly felt like he belonged and that was something he truly desired. He knew he belonged at a Weyr; becoming a dragonrider made so many things clearer and Z'rin knew he had found a home and Varralath would always love him and never abandon him. But he had yet to find a human he belonged with. There was a possibility he could find that with N'mor but he wasn't delusional. Bronzeriders didn't end up with blueriders, especially ones that wanted to be Weyrleaders one day. Especially when the bluerider had no ambitions and didn't know what he liked or what to pursue.

"I consider you a friend, N'mor, and the sex is amazing as well," Z'rin paused, unsure how to explain things without ruining what they did have, "but the sex isn't why I came today--though it'd be an added bonus-- but the friend part is. You've been a bit more recluse than usual and I wanted to see for myself that you're okay. Not that that really answered your question. Well, I guess it did before I started babbling, which you're good at making me do, by the way." Z'rin laughed softly and shook his head at his silliness. It was one little question and he couldn't even manage to give a simple answer.

"I don't come to you purely for the sex is what I'm trying to get to. I like the down time as much as the active time. You're enjoyable company," Z'rin gave a little shrug and looked away, embarrassed. He had been doing his best not to fall for N'mor and it helped that they didn't spend a lot of time together day in and day out and that their conversations weren't that personal most of the time. But he was fond of N'mor and would be sad when the bronzerider moved on no matter how much it was expected.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor’s lips twisted into a wry smile at Z’rin’s answer, seeing it as much as a dodge as the bluerider being honest. He didn’t call him out on it, though, since N’mor could still see the confusion and consideration in the other man’s eyes; he was thinking further on what had been asked and N’mor decided that since Z’rin hadn’t given his original answer with any indication of amusement or sarcasm, that he was being honest with it. Swallowing another sigh, N’mor’s pale gaze snapped to looking at Z’rin again when the bluerider took up speaking once more.

“It’s my eyes,” N’mor quipped playfully, widening said eyes and staring up at Z’rin soulfully. “R’nd hates it. Babbles worse than you ever could, if he doesn’t run crying to Dad.” Okay, so that had never actually happened, but N’mor knew very well that the bluerider hated it when he stared at him in silent contemplation – which he’d done a lot as a kid – because N’mor was insanely protective of his father and his sister, and R’nd had inserted himself into their life so smoothly and it had, in the beginning, worried N’mor a great deal. What if he was just like that brownriding bastard? It turned out he wasn’t, but by the time N’mor figured that out, he had a reputation to uphold.

His merriment faded away quickly, though, and N’mor chewed over what it was Z’rin had said in answer to his question. “I guess we’re friends then,” he said, glancing up, eyes sparkling with amusement though there was sadness tinged behind them, and he felt his heart twist painfully at the fact that he’d lost T’ryn and his friendship. Was losing T’ryn, worth gaining Z’rin? The bluerider wasn’t a bad person, and N’mor was (to his own disgust) rather fond of him. But he would definitely never be T’ryn.

N’mor shifted his head, turning to stare out across the lounge and swallowing back both the pain and the threat of tears. Faranth he missed T’ryn so much! He’d never gone so long without seeing or talking to his friend, and he felt more lost without T’ryn than he’d ever felt after losing his arm. “T’ryn and I had a…” a what? A fight? A disagreement? A misunderstanding? A difference of opinions? Nothing felt right and N’mor struggled for several moments before shifting his whole body so he was lying on his side, staring out across the room without the threat of being forced to look up at Z’rin, almost but not quite curled up into a pathetic foetal position.

“I am not okay,” he finally said softly, utterly heartbroken. Out on the ledge, Rhezalth lifted his head and made his own soft keening sound; not quite the same as a death keen, but one that clearly indicated his own misery at the situation between the two riders that had been such close friends for so long. N’mor glanced towards the direction of his dragon, and took a deep breath before releasing it slowly and steadily. “I don’t know what to do,” he said softly, still talking to the wall. “I’ve never fought with anyone whose opinion I actually care about.” He glanced up slightly at Z’rin, and gave a dry, lopsided smirk, before sighing again and dropping his head back onto his claimed ‘pillow’, frowning at the wall once more.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z’rin laughed at N’mor’s reasoning for the babbling, though he didn’t buy the entire tale about R’nd. Oh, no doubt his fellow bluerider did get freaked out enough to start babbling or even running away as soon as he could without making it look like he was doing exactly that but he doubted there were tears. It was still a fun image and Z’rin was relieved to see some of N’mor’s spark of life and mischief peeking through the dark clouds surrounding him. It didn’t last long, of course, not when the question of his being okay lingered. Z’rin expected a simple ‘I’m fine’ or perhaps even an apology for hiding – though the latter was highly unlikely given N’mor’s arrogance. He hadn’t expected an admission of not being okay and hinting at what bothered him.

He knew, just like everyone knew, that N’mor and T’ryn were close and that the one helped the other a lot after the landslide. Knowing that even they could have a falling out made Z’rin wonder why anyone bothered with friendships at all. What was the point if someone ended up upset or hurt? He didn’t truly think that, clearly, given he had finally come to check on N’mor like friends did for each other. He ran his hand up and down N’mor’s arm, attempting to be soothing and supportive with the gesture, though he had never really been put in the position to have to do such a thing before. Varralath attempted the same with Rhezalth as he got up and moved a bit closer to the bronze. Whether the contact would help ease some pain or not wasn’t known, but the blue dragon wanted to show his support.

Z’rin had never given advice nor had he ever really had a fight with anyone. Even the mother of his child didn’t have anything negative to say to him. They just co-existed and she seemed happy with his attempts at being a father. What did that say about him? Was he really so bland and unforgettable that people didn’t bother arguing with him or couldn’t find anything to fight over? That was a bit depressing but he’d worry about that later when he wasn’t worrying about N’mor and his happiness.

“I could state the obvious and tell you to talk to him again but I’m afraid you might hit me for implying you wouldn’t have thought of that,” Z’rin grinned down at N’mor and then dropped his head back to lean against the back of the couch so he had a lovely view of the ceiling. “You don’t have to tell me anything that happened but your friendship seemed so close and enviable that I like to think he feels the same.” Z’rin couldn’t think of something one or the other would have done to cause the other to never speak to him again but he also knew his own teen years were less than normal so he didn’t have the full range of experience to draw from.

“It’ll right itself out when it’s meant to,” Z’rin felt like a Harper trying to give sage advice and being mysterious and vague about it so he’d come out looking like he was right without doing much work. At least that was how he always viewed the old Harper at the sea hold when he was little. Some of the Harpers he had met since then didn’t do much to change his way of thinking either.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor hadn’t been expecting any sage advice; Z’rin had asked what was wrong and N’mor had given an answer. He’d mostly kind of just expected the conversation to be dropped from there. He knew friends were supposed to help each other and the like, so he supposed he shouldn’t have been overly surprised when Z’rin attempted to do just that, but honestly, he was too busy sitting up sharply to stare at the bluerider in horror. “I would never hit you!”

He knew, under his shock, that Z’rin had been teasing him, but the implications were too much for N’mor. Having spent so many of his early years watching his father being beaten by his mate (and though B’jin tried to hide it, N’mall never did – not from N’mor and his sister, anyway) the idea of hurting the person you were supposed to love absolutely horrified N’mor. The fact that, even jokingly, Z’rin though N’mor might hit him hurt N’mor’s feelings almost as much as when T’ryn had walked out the door. What had he ever done to make Z’rin think that might ever be a possibility?

Standing up fluidly – frustrated, upset, antsy and needing to move – N’mor picked up his wineglass and tossed back the last of what had been in it, and then made his way to the sink, where he set the glass down gently. Spinning around, he made his way back to the living area, his steps kind of woozy and his expression blank; his hurt over T’ryn forgotten in the moment as he obsessed over the fact that someone thought that he would be capable of hitting them.

“Why would you think that?” He asked, the words barely above a whisper as he stood in the middle of the room, staring at Z’rin brokenly. “You should go,” he whispered, even though the chance of Z’rin taking that to mean forever (just like T’ryn had) had N’mor biting his bottom lip, pale eyes swimming behind a wall of tears that he just had to keep back until the bluerider left. Then he could sob like a broken child against his dragon.

His best friend hated him, and his lover thought he’d hit him. When had everything gone so horribly wrong?

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Well, that definitely answered whether or not he was good at handling such situations. Z’rin held his hands up as N’mor jumped to his feet lest he accidentally hit the younger man and kept them raised before him in a gesture of ‘I mean you no harm’ and realised it wasn’t going to work so he set them in his now empty cold lap. He silently watched N’mor finish his wine and bring the glass to the kitchen. His own glass had been set on the floor to the side of the couch a while ago, having finished it and setting it aside out of the way. He knew he’d end up dropping it while he spaced out and enjoyed the quiet time with a friend.

Of course he had to ruin that time some other way and he couldn’t fathom what set N’mor off so much. They could tease each other without issue before and thought he was doing it again then with an easy off-handed comment that people made all the time. There was clearly something either in his past or with the argument with T’ryn and Z’rin frowned over how careless he could be with words.

“No,” Z’rin stated firmly as he got to his feet and closed the space between them. “I’m not going anywhere, at least not yet. You can kick me out after if you’d like and I’ll go then.” He wanted to pull N’mor into a hug—the boy seemed to be in desperate need of one—but he didn’t want to risk touching N’mor while he was so upset over a comment made about hitting someone. Z’rin didn’t think N’mor would swing but he was afraid the bronzerider would think he was trying to hurt him.

N’mor was a bit shorter than him but Z’rin didn’t want to crowd him entirely by lording over him and ended up kneeling. It did nothing to put them on the same eye level, leaving him far lower, but in that moment, Z’rin decided being in the more vulnerable position was best. “I’m sorry, N’mor. It was a joke in poor taste. I meant it only as a punch to the arm while rolling your eyes at my obvious statement. I know you would never hit me or anyone. That’s not who you are. I’m sorry I made you think that for even a moment.”

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor fell to his own knees before Z’rin. Creeping forward, he slipped his arm around Z’rin, under his arm and fingers splayed across the bluerider’s back. N’mor pressed his face against the crook of Z’rin’s neck, almost sitting on the other man’s lap as he fought to pull himself back together, to not cry like he so desperately wanted to. To be in control of himself, and his emotions, and not let the fear and the sadness take over him.

“I know,” he said softly, his voice thick with sorrow and self-loathing at how he’d reacted, how he was still fighting against reacting. He was better than this emotional mayhem that was so reminiscent of his father. N’mor loved B’jin, adored him, but he knew his father was a drama queen, and honestly, N’mor felt ridiculously like him as he pressed his nose against Z’rin’s neck, breathing in the reassuring and familiar scent of the bluerider. ‘Sorry’ wasn’t a word that was particularly strong in N’mor’s vocabulary, so he tended to use actions; like the soft kiss he pressed to the side of Z’rin’s jaw – just under his ear - as he pulled back slowly.

Eyebrows furrowed, N’mor’s expression was apologetic even if the words couldn’t quite make it past his lips. Sighing softly, N’mor settled himself snugly against Z’rin, taking a strange comfort in the nearness of someone who had insisted he was a friend. Some of the others did that, occasionally, but N’mor had never really believed them. He wasn’t sure why he chose to believe Z’rin right then. Perhaps because he had refused to leave? Or because he said ‘sorry’ with so much more ease and sincerity than anyone N’mor knew. Maybe because he was the only person N’mor felt like he had left that he could trust?

N’mor didn’t want to believe that he was only letting Z’rin in, because he’d lost T’ryn, but he knew that it was largely true. He’d never needed anyone else before, because he’d always had T’ryn beside him. Always as long as it had mattered, anyway. A little before Impression, and every moment since. T’ryn hadn’t even left him when N’mor had been stuck in the building, arm crushed beneath a beam and unable to escape. He’d looked after Rhezalth alongside his own dragonet when N’mor couldn’t, and helped N’mor through Weyrlinghood without making him feel useless or like he was a bother.

And now it was all gone.

N’mor was startled free of his thoughts when a firelizard zipped in; he didn’t recognise it – it was just a generic green as far as he was concerned – which meant it wasn’t owned by anyone he spent time around. Glancing at Z’rin in confusion, N’mor quickly came to the conclusion that the other man had no idea whose it was, either. That, at least, meant the firelizard hadn’t come looking for Z’rin in N’mor’s weyr! Smiling wryly at that thought, N’mor gave Z’rin a soft, lingering kiss before standing up to collect the note the firelizard was holding (and apparently was loath to give up, if the fight it gave was any indication) and wandered back towards Z’rin.

Considering his options, N’mor decided on re-joining Z’rin on the floor and settled down beside the bluerider, close enough to be rather cosy, but not his previous almost-in-Z’rin’s-lap position. N’mor shrugged and used his teeth to pull the piece of string holding the letter closed loose, and then unfolded it. Irritation immediately flared through him when he saw Casa’s signature at the end of the invitation, and he frowned as he read what it was actually for.

“Want to come camping?” N’mor asked, his expression bemused as he offered the invitation to Z’rin. The text wasn’t very informative, really, but N’mor could read between the lines well enough to know that it was an invitation to a trip involving – more than likely – a whole lot of alcohol and sex. Neither of which N’mor was particularly opposed to, in all honesty, so long as he didn’t think about who Casa would no doubt be wrapped around the whole time.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z'rin didn't say anything as N'mor found the comfort he needed. Their friendship was mostly physical but since it was mutual, he never felt like he was being used or taken advantage of and didn't think that way then with the way N'mor held him and seemed to use him as a method of steadying his frazzled emotions. One thing he was definitely taking away from this was that if they wanted to be friends and avoid misunderstandings, then perhaps they really did need to start conversing more. They both had a good sense of humour but perhaps they didn't know each other well enough to tell when it was coming into play. They could work on that later; for now, he was content to be the pillar of support that was needed and wrapped an arm around N'mor as he settled in.

He would have been content to sit there a while longer or perhaps shift so they were lying down but a green firelizard appeared, drawing both of their attention to it. Z'rin shrugged at the silent question of whether or not he knew her and waited to see what the message was about. He knew it wasn't for him; no one knew how often he visited the bronzerider and unless Varralath betrayed him (I would never do such a thing!) Z'rin was safe in the assumption the letter was meant for N'mor. While he briefly worried about it being bad news -- perhaps his sister was sick-- when he saw his friend frown, Z'rin was quickly left confused as he took the letter offered to him.

He was silently cursing himself for taking the letter and wished N'mor hadn't offered it or had just read it out loud. Reading wasn't a strong skill he possessed, finding he got a headache from trying to figure out what some words said because he apparently didn't see them the same as everyone else. If he took his time, he'd eventually work out what something said but he often relied on the word of mouth when important memos went up in the Weyr so he didn't have to stand there all day reading. This time, he frowned at the writing that was far too elaborate for him to even pretend he'd be able to read but assumed it was an invitation to go camping, as N'mor hinted at and saw that the signature was Casa's.

Z'rin assumed the invite was for N'mor and to maybe bring someone if he wanted to since he doubted anyone had figured them out. And that was probably why he was suddenly surprised at N'mor inviting him along with what would probably be a group of his friends. Maybe N'mor didn't mind them knowing? Z'rin didn't mind any which way and was good with going with the flow which earned N'mor a smile as he handed the letter back in case he had to send a reply.

"Sure. Sounds like fun," Z'rin was purposely not thinking about the last time he went 'camping' where he was abandoned. This would be an entirely different situation. He'd be with friends for one thing, and he had a large blue dragon to help him get home in case of a disaster. He wouldn't have to worry about wildlife eating him or what he'd eat that day. Maybe this camping excursion would help him feel more at ease with the idea and the few and far between nightmares he still sometimes had would finally vanish.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor gave a warm smile at Z’rin’s acceptance of the invitation and he took the piece of parchment back, wondering mildly at the bluerider’s lack of further comment on the things that Casa had written. Not that there was anything really interesting in the text, honestly, but he’d thought it would have gotten at least a smirk from him? N’mor’s nose scrunched up as he glanced around for writing instruments, though he knew well enough that they were on his desk, which was on the other side of the room. Likely Z’rin was worried about setting him off again, and as much as it irked him, N’mor knew it wasn’t Z’rin’s fault at all, but all his own.

Flicking the piece of parchment away from him, N’mor decided Rhezalth could pass along the acceptance to Thallyath, especially since the firelizard appeared to have left and N’mor didn’t have one of his own to send out. Why would he need one, anyway, when he had Rhezalth? He smiled at the sound of Rhezalth grumbling about being reduced to firelizard level tasks, but the bronze was feeling a bit better, if only because N’mor was now. He still missed his brother, but he enjoyed the company of Varralath and had no issues with spending time with the blue.

Turning his attention on Z’rin once more, N’mor’s face was slightly mischievous as he eyed the bluerider. “She said we should bring our own booze,” he said, waving his hand vaguely at where the parchment had been stashed. “I’ll steal a few bottles off Dad.” Pale eyes sparkled mischievously at the thought – N’mor enjoyed swiping booze of his father possibly more than he enjoyed drinking it. The fact that B’jin had yet to catch or confront him about it just made it all the more amusing to him.

N’mor’s expression sobered for a moment, and he was clearly considering whether he was going to say what was on his mind. After a long pause, and a very clear internal debate, N’mor frowned at Z’rin, chewing on his bottom lip for a few moments. “Can I stay with you?” The idea of getting away from Ista for a few days was appealing, but he didn’t know anything at all about Z’rin’s home life, and N’mor had certainly not made any indications previously that Z’rin was actually welcome in his own bedroom, so he wasn’t about to assume he’d be welcome in the bluerider’s. But mostly he didn’t want Z’rin to feel like he had to say yes, because honestly, N’mor was perfectly happy to crash on his father’s couch if need be. “I can stay with Dad if you’d prefer,” he added gently, not wanting to push Z’rin; he’d pushed one friend too far and look at the misery that had – and still was – causing!

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“I’d say you don’t have to but you seem excited for the pilfering,” Z’rin grinned, amused at how N’mor swiped the coveted wine from his dad without a second thought. Had B’jin caught on to it yet and just kept a proper stock for them both or was the greenrider oblivious and just forgot how much he should have or how much he drank? It was fun either way and since it benefited him at times as well, Z’rin certainly wasn’t going to ask B’jin about it! “I’ll be the boring guy and make sure we have extra water if we’re going to frolic in the sun a lot.” Dehydration was something he didn’t want to deal with.

He was thinking about what else should be packed and realised he didn’t know how long the trip even was and considered reaching out to get the parchment again so he could scan it for numbers when he noticed N’mor fall silent, as if in thought. The camping trip was forgotten as he watched the younger man seem to debate something with himself before he finally spoke and caught Z’rin completely off guard with the question. N’mor rarely made trips to visit him in the first place, preferring the bluerider come to him and Z’rin never minded that. The weather was always gorgeous in Ista – typically, anyway as he wasn’t a fan of the extreme heat—and there was less of a chance for his daughter to come knocking unexpectedly. Not that she did that too much. She was at an age where she thought herself to be a Lady and expected people to come to her and usually with a gift. Her mother had spoiled her rotten, though he expected he had a small hand in that as well.

“Of course you can stay with me,” Z’rin was a lot of things but he liked to think he wasn’t the dullest knife in the drawer. He knew N’mor wanted to get away from Ista for a while and the troubles plaguing him, like the fight with his best friend. He never had N’mor’s heart and never expected to so figuring out that the fight with T’ryn may have gone deeper than something between friends didn’t hurt as much as it probably should have but Z’rin had been doing his best not to get too invested. He liked N’mor and was happy with their arrangements; he wasn’t about to ruin anything by a fit of jealousy when he didn’t even have a right to it.

“You’re welcome at any time and for any length of time,” Z’rin smiled and leaned back on his elbows so he was semi-lying down and glancing up at the ceiling. He should probably warn about his daughter and the dinner arrangement they had. Had he even mentioned her before? “I should warn you that my nine year old daughter and I have a standing appointment where I make her dinner once a week.” His gaze dropped back to N’mor and smiled reassuringly, “otherwise, she doesn’t really come by, I’m more likely to go to her and you don’t have to be around for the dinner.”

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor laughed softly, feeling a little better and a little more like himself. “Dad buys more than he can drink,” which was saying something, because N’mor was pretty sure B’jin had spent the first few months back at Teglar when they’d left the South doing nothing but over indulging in the Benden wine he loved so much. N’mor was pretty sure he’d slowed down since then, and while the greenrider was definitely an alcoholic, he had years of practice and was pretty high functioning when the amount of wine he put down would destroy most other men.

“Stealing it out from under his nose is too much fun,” he grinned, shrugging one shoulder. He was almost sure R’nd knew that he stole from his father, if his comment of them ‘both knowing’ where the wine was kept was anything to go by, but he hadn’t said anything to imply he disproved of N’mor’s thievery and honestly, as long as B’jin’s bewilderment when he didn’t have as much as he thought he should amused R’nd, he doubted the man would tell his mate where the bottles were going.

N’mor’s expression brightened at the positive response, and his lips quirked upwards in a small smile, before he laughed outright at the warning of a wayward daughter. “I would not have pegged you for a father,” N’mor teased, leaning up and forward, resting his weight on his arm as he leaned his body over Z’rin’s. He peered down at the bluerider playfully. “Or at least, not one so old.” His expression turned absolutely wicked. “You’re going to be such a young grandfather someday.” Closing the distance, he kissed Z’rin lightly and then sat up a little more.

“I can be scarce if you prefer,” he hardly wanted to impose on father-daughter time, especially since he wasn’t comfortable with becoming that much of a part of Z’rin’s life. Not because he didn’t like Z’rin, or even because he couldn’t imagine that, but because becoming a staple in Z’rin’s life meant never having the chance in T’ryn’s and even with his best friend seemingly behind a thick barrier of ice, N’mor wasn’t prepared to give up that permanently. Not yet, anyway.

“I do, however, have rather a lot of experience with spoiled little Ladies.” N’mor gave Z’rin a teasing smile. “You should introduce her to Amorandii some time. She would be thrilled, I’m sure. She’s living in Telgar Hold with my aunt and the Lord and Lady.” His little sister would be thirteen in a few months’ time, and while N’mor hadn’t been down to visit her recently, he knew she was happy living it up in gowns and parties and learning all the appropriate things a Lady should be learning. She was much more suited to that lifestyle, than the rambunctious Weyrlife she’d been born into.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z’rin laughed and relaxed at N’mor’s reaction to his daughter. He wasn’t really worried it would bother him but it may have deterred him from visiting and that would have sucked. Or, lacked in sucking happening. “Maybe but I can think of a couple of guys who might beat me to that honour of young grandpa,” Z’rin knew R’nd wasn’t much older than him and his kids were already in their teens. If anyone was going to be a young grandfather, it was going to be that bluerider. Z’rin hoped he still had a good ten years before he had to worry about that happening.

“Only if you want to be scarce. Though, if you have such experience with young Ladies, then I might just tie you to a chair and make you stay to help with her,” Z’rin laughed again and shook his head. “She’s a very headstrong girl and is currently in a phase where she likes to be contrary and argue with me when she’s not getting her way to the letter. She’s a sweet and good girl, though,” Z’rin didn’t want it to sound like he hated his own child! He loved her but she was a handful lately. He could only imagine when she entered the teen years.

“Your dad said much the same thing when I ran into him months ago and we got to talking about daughters,” and N’mor, but Z’rin didn’t think that would be appreciated. They hadn’t talked much about him but he knew B’jin had been surprised to hear his standoffish son was tolerating a bluerider to some degree—and that was before N’mor started sleeping with said bluerider. “He actually got some old dresses off of your sister for Zararin and I’ve been meaning to take her down to meet your sister and thank her personally.” He was kind of afraid of them hitting it off and plotting to take over Telgar, to be honest. But the girls deserved the chance to maybe make friends and maybe he could start looking into the eye of fostering her at the hold as well.

“Enough talk of spoiled ladies.” Z’rin sat up, gazed at N’mor thoughtfully for a moment, and then got to his feet. “How about you pack and we head back to my place now? I’ll spoil you by making dinner and maybe stake claim on that bathing room again later on.” That had been a wild and relaxing bath and Z’rin didn’t mind repeating the experience, especially since N’mor needed to unwind and he felt like pampering the bronzerider. He held out his hand in offer to help N’mor to his feet, still smiling and glad his foot-in-mouth comment of earlier didn’t end with them parting on bad terms.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor’s eyes sparkled mischievously, and he peered down at Z’rin along the bridge of his nose. “Bondage,” he teased, expression broadening into a wide smile. “Though I’m not sure how I feel about it with a child audience,” he laughed, nose scrunching up at such a thought. N’mor wasn’t sure he’d enjoy audiences, regardless, but playing with Z’rin’s words was too much fun, and he needed any excuse given to focus on fun.

“Andii was like that,” N’mor said mildly, though he didn’t add that – in his opinion – Amorandii had never grown out of it. Of course, she’d prove him right by contesting such a point, which honestly just amused N’mor a great deal. “Zararin?” N’mor smiled crookedly. “Definitely yours. What was her mother’s name? It took us moving North to realise Amorandii was named after my Aunt, not dad or her mother.” And the Lady of Telgar, but he didn’t really think that was worth mentioning. Besides, he’d always been confused about how his sister had gotten her name out of ‘Benjinamor’ and ‘Jayedi’. There was nothing there at all, except maybe a couple of the ‘I’s, and a ‘mor’ – the same one N’mor claimed. Honestly N’mor was pretty sure B’jin had just taken the end of his name, added a token ‘d’, and that was that when it came to naming his son. N’mor’s name probably should have been Isnamor, but his dad had always been self-centred!

A soft laugh was released when Z’rin sat up, brushing away the topic of spoiled ladies. “Women never have been my favourite topic,” N’mor teased, peering up at Z’rin brightly as he took the bluerider’s hand. “That sounds good!” He agreed, intrigued by the idea of Z’rin cooking – N’mor had never taken to that particular pastime; he could, and he wasn’t that bad at it, but he preferred to eat food other people had already cooked, because he was lazy. Stepping flush against Z’rin for a moment, N’mor gave him a lingering kiss, sucking his lover’s bottom lip between his teeth before he pulled back slowly, smiling slightly.

“Gimme a few minutes,” he murmured, before making his way to his room and packing the few items he’d need. After a moment’s hesitation, he packed what he thought he’d need for the camping trip as well. He wasn’t sure if he’d stay with Z’rin for the next four nights, but he wasn’t against the idea, if his lover didn’t want to kick him out! Besides, he could always break up his stay with Z’rin by visiting his aunt or dad. It wasn’t like he didn’t have a massive form of instant travel following him around and occupying space in his head!

A few moments later, N’mor strode out, bag slung over his right shoulder, held in place more by experience than anything else, as he wrapped his left arm loosely around Z’rin’s waist for the short trip from the living area to the dragon’s ledge.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)