World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 739.05.18 | Hot day
4 pm, grounds | open

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It was hot, way to sharding hot. It's been like this for what, a month or two? But already felt like forever, and he was, of course, the lucky candidate who was tasked with gardening today. Oh how he loved the life of a candidate, why was he not the lucky person who was tasked with infirmary chores, heel he even switches with someone too much out the stables. Anything to get out of this sharding heat.

But complaining wasn't going to get him done with chores any faster. Irrigated he moves along the hedge, a tool for clipping it in his hands as he carefully chopped off branch after branch.

Water ran from all over him and he runs a hand over his forehead, plucking a green leaf from his hair with a sigh. This was living hell, urgh he needed a long bath later. Or even better a long dip in the lake, now that be a dream come true. To just lay there floating about for as long as possible and enjoy the cold water against his body. Another sigh left his lips as he returned to chopping, he needs to get this done first, sharding chores.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah had finished with her tasks for the day a bit earlier and had been enjoying the afternoon hanging out with a couple of friends that were also free. But the day was wearing thin and dinner would soon be upon them so she had excused herself, wanting to wash up before eating. It was another hot day in Ista and while she knew it would likely only get hotter with the actual hot months approaching, Mylorah swore just sitting still in a shaded area was enough to soak her dress with sweat. Or, she supposed, she should say her ‘glistening’ as she was fairly certain she’d be told that goldriders and those hoping to Impress gold didn’t do anything as barbaric as sweat.

She was giggling to herself over her own antics and the impression of the Headwoman she had done in her head when she spotted someone still working away at their daily task. She paused a moment, enjoying the view of the young man trimming branches, watching the way muscles worked with each movement. She was rather entranced for an almost embarrassingly long time and finally snapped herself out of it and noticed it was Siroll.

It had been nearly a turn since Siroll was Searched and she found the man to be somewhat charming, if a bit hard to get to know. She assumed it was just him still settling in and didn’t take it personally. Which was why Mylorah skipped her way down to where he was working, smiling. “Hi, Siroll! Working hard, as always, I see.” That was one thing she had noticed about the man; he was committed to the tasks he was assigned to and didn’t seem to slack off while doing them. It was rather admirable.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The water was awaiting him, and he was going to be done soon. HIs chores all finished and he be free for a while, true he would properly go pick something up from the dining hall but likely something he could just grab and go. He really neede a cool dip, and he would manage not having to do a lot of socializing with his fellow candidates. He knew a few, mostly male candidates as the women who hoped for gold just seemed like a bad idea to be near. Why would he bother, like the high-nosed hold daughters were gonna bother talking to someone of their own staus instead of trying to sleep their way up in the pecking order.

So her voice was unknown to him, even though his name seemed to fall from her lips.

The man would turn around facing a woman coming his way with a smile on her lips. He seen her before, she was relatively new to candidacy if he remembers correctly. She seemed okay, but he also knew a certain little detail, the reason he never even tried to start a conversation with her. Shew as a gold candidate, and while woman seemed to be more valued on queens it did not help but make him feel they were all high nosed fools who thought themselves better than everybody ells. Perhaps it was unfair of him to think this way, but he honestly did not care. Her comment was met with a smile, but in his mind, he grumbled at her. Someone had to do hard labor, not all of them could just skip out on chores using the reason of being queen candidates.

But the man did not show his inner thoughts, instead, he straightened up and meet her with a smile. It was the right thing to do, it was how he was expected to behave. "Yeah, almost done." he said his tone neutral in tone. "How about you?" he asked looking at her, slacking off, are we? But perhaps it was more likely that she been given some easy task which was quickly done to spear the weyrs feature queen riders from hard manual labor. After all one could not expect a holders daughter to understand anything about hard work.

But Sirol couldn't deny she looked good, for a queen candidate at least.

"Afraid I don't think I have your name, my Lady" he spoke words formal, a thing he was never quite able to shake. He was brought up to be respectful and to not bring shame on his father. At least not shame him more than he already did being a bastard.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah pouted when Siroll confessed to not knowing her name. She thought everyone knew her. Wow, that sounded conceded even to her and she had only thought it. It wasn’t that she thought she was the best thing ever and everyone should automatically know her, but she liked making friends and at least learning everyone’s name and maybe even something they liked so they could have a conversation. She did know he was a hard nut to crack so it made sense he didn’t know her that well and it wasn’t like they really spent a lot of time together, so she didn’t feel as overlooked.

But then his words sank in and Mylorah couldn’t help but laugh at being called a lady. “Lady? Not by a long shot, darlin’; I’m weyrbred. My dad’s a bluerider and I’d likely embarrass all of Ista Hold,” she waved to what she was wearing as the first indicator of why she wasn’t a lady. At least, she didn’t think the fashion had suddenly shifted to a dress that touched her knees, was low cut, and of a flimsy material to help keep her cool in the heat.

“Oh, and my name’s Mylorah,” she’d almost forgot to introduce herself even after his prettily worded way of asking for it. She smiled brightly, deciding she really wasn’t offended or upset over him not knowing who she was. Honestly, there were so many Candidates from the other Weyrs in Ista for the upcoming Hatching that she knew she didn’t know them all yet either.

“I worked in laundry all morning and finished just after midday meal,” she realised she was answering Siroll backwards and grinned at her randomness. She liked to think of it as an endearing quirk but knew a lot of people just saw it as ditzy or scatter-brained. The bit of ribbon that had been wrapped around her wrist was suddenly tugged free and Mylorah made quick work of pulling her hair back in a low pony tail before putting her hands on her waist. “And it looks to me like you could use an extra set of hands to make sure you get to dinner before all the good stuff is gone. I heard the dessert tonight is amazing. So what can I do to help?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The pouting face the girl gave him on the knowledge that he did not know her name only ensured Siroll further then she was some spoiled lords daughter. But her next words and laughter were meet with surprise, even his mask of being calm and collected feel to peases as he looked at her surprise written into his face. "Your weyrbred?" he questioned looking her over again, this made little sense. She was a queen candidate, and queen candidates were from the holds. Weyrbred woman stood for the fights, didn't they? Yes, he heard someone speak about women and fighters, but never really agreed. Of course, he fully believed that hold women did not belong on fighters, to week and spoiled. So why were a weyrbred women standing as a queen candidate? Why would she place herself among spoiled girls from the holds?

"Still, your standing for gold aren't you?" he asked trying to make all of this make sense, she was supposed to be spoiled and irritating and a lords daughter but she wasn't. "Wouldn't that make you lady as a gold candidate?" he questioned. Yeah okay, he possibly hadn't been paying that much attention when they been informed of on the rank of the weyrwoman and her gold riders during class.

She gave her name, Mylorah, he should properly try to remember it. After all, he thought it be better with a gold rider who hadn't been spoiled by the lords. After that, she kept speaking, of her own task, laundry. No surprise since she was queen rider, weyrbred or not.  Could hardly let her fellow stuck up, holders daughters do hard labor like the rest of them.  However, her offer of help was met with a raised brow. Help from her? Okay she was weyrbred she might be stronger then hold girls, but still. Could he really accept her help, she was queen candidate, wouldn't she get in trouble. Or him for letting her help, oh well she asked. "Sure, just need to finish the rest of the hedge, then I'm done with my part" he said looking on ahead, there was still a pretty stretch left. Not so much he himself though he have to skip dinner, but like she said, likely long enough for him to miss out on the good stuff.

Not that he had wanted to the good stuff, honestly a few peases of bread and a large chunk of meat or two and he be happy. As long as he could get o the nears pool of water to hop in and forget the world, he would be happy. "Wasn't really gone eat dessert or more the necessary at dinner, the weather is perfect for a good long swim." he told her grinning as he returned to cutting the hedge, he really did not to finish this first though.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah smiled at Siroll’s obvious confusion about her whole situation. She didn’t take offence to it, knowing that most weyrbred did prefer fighting dragons and the girls from Holds usually Stood for gold. “We don’t hold that sort of ranking in Weyrs and goldriders have very little power. Even the Weyrwoman just sort of oversees how the food and supplies are. So please don’t ever think I’m better than anyone else. We’re all equals, looking to Impress a dragon.” Mylorah was born in Katila and she certainly didn’t think she’d ever be called a Lady with that laidback and slightly wild upbringing, but because of her younger age, she couldn’t recall a time where goldriders had power, like when the Weyrwoman Flew, the winner was Weyrleader. In truth, the new way of voting in a Leader made more sense to her. What if the WeyrWoman’s dragon took to the skies once a year with a new winner every time? Nothing would ever get done as the new Leader just changed everything around to suit his needs.

“Besides,” she said with a grin that made it seem like she was about to share a big secret; which it sort of was, “Standing for gold means I can Stand for the other hatchings at Fort and Telgar since they only allow women on the Sands when there’s a gold egg. Ista is cool and lets us Stand any time we want, like with this hatching. I personally don’t mind the colour of dragon I end up with. I think it’d be amazing to be a rider no matter what colour.” And she really did believe that. Green was kind of daunting, though, knowing that if her dragon rose regularly she would end up with a random man without her picking and she would be lowest in the pecking order when it came to chores and the way the other riders viewed her. Greenrider and a woman? That didn’t sound like too much fun, but at least she would have a lifemate and that alone would make up for the low points she would no doubt endure.

Nodding at his explanation that he was almost finished but she could help, Mylorah figured she could pick up the trimmings from the ground, since she didn’t have any tools to actually help otherwise, unless she took it out of Siroll’s hands and that would just be rude. “Oh! It is rather lovely out for a swim! That’s a great idea. Maybe I’ll join you after dinner. I, for one, am not going to miss out on dessert though,” she giggled as she dropped a handful of clippings into a basket before going after another pile surrounding a bush.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)