World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 739.05.03 | Passing Time
2 PM

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
When it came to running errands, in F’drel’s utterly biased opinion, the worst type of people to run them for were lordlings. The list continued through other holders of rank, to dragonriders of rank, and on and on until you got to the average person, and then servants, then drudges. So while he may resent having to run messages for those of rank, F’drel was a lot more tranquil when it came to helping out the Lower Caverns women. The Headwoman of Ista had, unfortunately, picked up on this trait and he ended up on the short list of her favorite riders to ask for help.

She had some supplies that the Headwoman of Fort apparently needed, and wanted them delivered today if at all possible. Which was her nice way of saying ‘please do it now before I forget about it or someone else uses the supplies,’ so he’d nodded and agreed to just do it immediately. F’drel had little in the way of scheduled chores for the day, so it wasn’t really an inconvenience. And it gave him an excuse to go flying with Miri, even if they cut most of the distance going between. F’drel had also been practically buzzing with a nervous energy for the past few weeks — since reuniting with his siblings and bringing them to Fort Hold — so he grabbed at the excuse to get out and be doing something. Otherwise he’d just be pacing around all day. So he took the burlap bundles of whatever it was — he didn’t bother checking, didn’t really care — and packed them into the saddle bags for Halomirth’s riding straps.

It didn’t take long to get to Fort, and by some coincidence he ran into the Headwoman right away. She thanked him, snagging a nearby weyrbrat to help him bring everything in from his dragon. F’drel and the weyrbrat (Candidate?) followed the Headwoman and put the bags where she told them to place them. The kid ran off as soon as possible, avoiding possible further tasks. F’drel stayed, making sure she didn’t need any further help or didn’t want him to take a message back.

She didn’t want him to take a message, but she apparently had some supplies she wanted him to take back to the Ista Headwoman. F’drel smiled at her and waved off the offer to leave and she’d send someone later. Getting out of the Weyr was good for him, and Miri was itching to visit with her Fort friends. She agreed, and said she would send a firelizard when she was finished. ’Sound good to you?’ F’drel asked her as he headed back to Halomirth to loosen her riding straps for however long they were waiting. Yes! She trilled, excited at the prospect, practically dancing where she waited. F’drel gave her a pat on the nose when he reached her, and once her straps were comfortably reset (He unfortunately didn’t know anywhere good to leave them, so they stayed on.) he gave her a good scratch on the eye ridge and went to the kitchen for a cup of klah or something.

As soon as her rider went back into the Weyr, Halomirth mentally reached out, feeling for her friends. Her clutch mate Umaeth seemed to be out of the Weyr at the moment, which was disappointing. Umaeth was nice, she and Halomirth had been friends as Weyrlings. Her rider had been weyrmated to a brownrider at Fort though, so as soon as they graduated Umaeth had transferred with him to Fort. Halomirth had been mildly devastated, and made sure to visit whenever they were in the area. But, today she could find no trace of her friend. Not in the least deterred, Halomirth proceeded to keep looking, hoping to come across a familiar mind. Pirith didn’t seem to be around either, another of her green friends, so she kept looking. She perked up when she eventually felt one she recognized.

Zeianth! It’s Halomirth. Do you remember me? Are you busy? Can I come say hi? Halomirth asked, with a mental poke to the blue.

@'D'hys'

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Halomirth is here. I suspect that means her rider will be as well, Zeianth pointed out as he lazed in the sun on his ledge. The green had just made her presence known but he hadn't replied to her yet, wanting to give D'hys a heads up and see if he objected. Zeianth didn't think he would but they may have had plans he had forgotten about and wanted to check first.

D'hys smirked behind the cup of juice he had just raised to his mouth when Zeianth spoke. I suspect you're right, he replied as the greenrider in question entered the dining area. D'hys was on the other side of the serving window in the actual prep area as he was casually observing the way the women made tonight's dinner, possibly learning a trick or two in the process without actually letting them know that. The movement of someone entering had caught his eye and he finished off his juice, setting his cup down in the bucket of water for someone else to wash later.

Go entertain her if you want. I think I'll see what F'drel is up to, D'hys slipped through the door, giving a soft snort of laughter when he saw one of the younger kitchen girls seem to let out a breath and relax. He knew he made some people nervous and never corrected them on feeling that way. It wasn't considered a bad thing to have such power over someone, especially if he wanted to play R'nya's little enforcer.

"Taking me up on the offer to visit, are you?" D'hys called out in greeting, a pleasant smile on his face.

I do remember you and no, I am not busy. You can come join me on my ledge, if you like, Zeianth replied to Halomirth, recalling how fond he was of the little green after winning her maiden Flight. She was sweet and wouldn't mind another visit, hopefully one that would be longer than their last. Standing up on his ledge to make himself more visible, he gave a call, helping Halomirth find her way to him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

He had, quite frankly, not expected anyone to start talking to him while he was at Fort, so it was much to F’drel’s surprise that someone greeted him. The voice he recognized, but only just, and he remembered, even through the slight haziness that was the afternoon of Miri’s Flight, what the words referred to.

“Not technically.” F’drel said mildly, turning to face D’hys, giving him a fairly neutral smile. He hadn’t really known what to do with the invitation, so F’drel had just put off making any decisions about it indefinitely. Until now, apparently, where he was being questioned about it. “I was on an errand here and was stopping in for a snack before heading home.” Which made it sound like he was planning on leaving sooner than he was, but that wasn’t important. D’hys didn’t need to know that he had no idea how long he’d be at Fort yet, if he needed to know at all. F’drel was a bit unsure how to respond to the situation, and his general restlessness of the past two weeks was not helping in the slightest. Though perhaps actual human interaction, as much of an unknown as the person may be, would be better than sitting alone and waiting for who knows how long for a firelizard to pop up and bring him a summons from the Headwoman. He considered D’hys for another moment.

“Are you offering a different plan?” F’drel asked, raising an eyebrow and waiting for what the bluerider would come up with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, wonderful! Halomirth said in response to Zeianth’s slightly slow answer to her greeting. I’ll be right there. She said, seeing Zeianth standing up and calling to her, as well as using her mental sense of where he was to find him. Cheerfully calling back, she popped between from where she stood to a few dragonlengths away from the ledge, gliding down to land beside Zeianth. Hello! She chirped, moving to stand beside the blue. The last time they met Halomirth had been rather distracted, but today she realized she was a bit taller than him. Not that she minded at all, and she was in fact rather pleased that she could gently lean her head against his in greeting without having to stretch her neck to reach. She’d been spending time with Tesamyth recently, and the gold was bigger than most of her other friends, so she’d gotten used to reaching.

How have you been, Zeianth? Halomirth asked, settling down next to him.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys watched as the young man seemed to be considering his options and possibly even if he could get away with fleeing before being roped into anything. Too bad for him! F’drel had inadvertently presented himself on a silver platter and D’hys was more than okay with sampling the goods again, especially given his afternoon had been shaping up to be rather dull.

“As a matter of fact, I am, especially since you seem to be hungry. I believe I promised to cook you something if you came by and I just so happened to have made bread this morning and have my famous stew simmering,” if he was as sappy as Rhaedalyn, he would have believed it was meant to what with his preparing so much food that morning and then having an adorable and hungry greenrider appear. Since he lived in the real world far more than she did, D’hys saw it as simply being prepared for the next several meals with an opportunity arising to entertain himself through his planning ahead.

“Come with me and I’ll be happy to share,” he invited F’drel along as he passed the greenrider to head to the exit, “and don’t try sneaking out. I know Halomirth is already with Zeianth and it’d be rude to end their visit so soon.” He wouldn’t admit to it, but D’hys did feel a bit bad about ending his dragon’s down time with the green so soon after their Flight. Zeianth had been grumpy the rest of the day and this was a good way to ensure Zeianth was happy and got to build on his friendship with one of his sweet greens he seemed as fond of protecting as D’hys was to playing with the sweet riders.

I’ve been well, Zeianth replied as he returned her head nuzzling greeting. It didn’t bother him that she was a bit larger than him. He had seen the babies over the years grow larger and larger and while he didn’t fully understand the need for it, he had accepted it. He knew his worth and didn’t think size mattered in this case, despite comments D’hys had made in the past about some of his lovers.

You should be careful going between like that. It can be risky and I don’t want to see any harm befall you, he nudged her side gently with his head showing some more affection for her and then moved away to make room for them both to fit on the ledge to sun and laze together. It seems D’hys is working to keep you here for a while so they can play and we can visit.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel was not at all surprised that D’hys had an immediate response. He vaguely remembered the offer of stew, but his memory of Miri’s Flight weren’t the most coherent. He hadn’t really seriously thought about the specifics of the offer beyond ‘Visit me any time you’re in Fort,’ which was enough for him to think on. The fact that the stew in question (or any stew, F’drel supposed, how would he tell it was the specific stew or not) was made the day he ran into D’hys again was an impressive coincidence. And it was most certainly a coincidence, as he doubted anyone would have stew on hand at all times fro three months in case a random greenrider showed up to visit. D’hys especially didn’t seem the type.

“How timely of me.” Was all F’drel ended up saying.

He couldn’t help noticing the confidence the other man had that F’drel would follow him. Starting to head out without confirming he was being followed? It said something. F’drel wasn’t entirely sure what, though it did remind him a bit of the surety the lords he’d known growing up had that servants and drudges would do as they asked. It felt a bit different though, perhaps because he knew what Halomirth was up to and that F’rel wouldn’t leave the Weyr without her, so it was less due to sense of personal entitlement? Maybe? F’drel couldn’t figure it out, but it was simultaneously annoying and slightly impressive, especially considering he was in fact following D’hys out of the dining hall and into the hallway, damn it all. The questionable choices he made so his dragon could have a good time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If dragons had lips, Halomirth would be pouting. F’drel says the same thing. She sighed, flopping down dramatically on the ledge. He’s been trying to get me to stop, but it’s so easy. Going between had always been instinctual for her, and she didn’t understand the fear so many had of it. There had been no betweening accidents at Ista since she’d hatched, so the reality of its dangers had yet to really be made clear to her.

Processing Zeianth’s second comment, Halomirth blinked in mild confusion. Why does he have to work for that? My rider and I aren’t going anywhere. He always lets me spend time with friends if we don’t have somewhere to be. She couldn’t think of anything F’drel did that she would call ‘playing’ though. Of the two of them she was the playful one. Though really, if her rider was going to be playing that meant he would be having fun, right? And he needed to have more fun, so it was good! Even if she wasn’t entirely sure what Zeianth meant by the word.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

“Welcome to my home,” D’hys stated with a sweeping gesture of his hand once they made the trek to his weyr. It wasn’t elaborately decorated, but certainly more so than F’drel’s was, and while there was some furniture to use when entertaining company, there was also a large area void of anything. D’hys was a man that enjoyed working out and ensured he had the space for indoor-appropriate exercise and didn’t see the need to limit his movements based on random items cluttering his space.

“Sit and I’ll bring over the food,” he pointed to the small dining table with two chairs and then moved to his cooking fire. With a towel, the lid was carefully removed and D’hys smiled as the aroma hit him. His mother taught him to cook and while she died during the plague, he sometimes remembered her and felt her approval when cooking. He gave the stew another stir and was content with its consistency and a quick sampling showed the flavour was already nice and strong. Two bowls were ladled out and set on the table, quickly followed by several slices of bread. A good stew deserved a good wine to go with it and D’hys pulled out a bottle of red, pouring and serving two glasses as well.

“Dig in and let me know what you think. After eating, I’m sure we can come up with a few more things to pass the time with as well,” D’hys sipped his wine with an inviting grin and then tried his stew.

Zeianth eyed the green dragon with concern, recalling that she really was young still and wouldn’t know all the risks, especially if she hadn’t seen it for herself. Too many times he had seen a dragon lost between due to an accident or lack of focus and he didn’t want to lose anyone else. Maybe avoid doing it so low to the ground so you don’t scare F’drel too much. You could one day land on someone. Humans, he had learned, could move fast when they wanted to and there was always the off chance of a dragon miscalculating by even just a few feet and landing in a crowd instead of the open space near them. It was best to pop in and out from the sky.

Maybe your rider wasn’t in the mood for fun until D’hys pointed out the merits, Zeianth all but shrugged as he rested his head on his front paws. Halomirth was far too innocent for any further details than that, though it wasn’t as if D’hys had told F’drel anything more than he had food. But he knew his rider well and wouldn’t have been surprised if the greenrider was naked on a flat surface before long.

Zeianth gave a croon of greeting when he heard D’hys return, head lifting to glance off in the direction of his rider before lowering once more to enjoy the sun. D’hys didn’t need a babysitter and Zeianth was happy to relax beside a new friend undisturbed.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

The walk to D’hys’ weyr was devoid of talking. F’drel followed him silently, carefully marking the path they took, in case he needed to find his way back through the weyr later — D’hys didn’t seem the type to escort anyone anywhere unless it suited him, and chances were escorting him to run his errand wouldn’t suit the bluerider. F’drel had been wrong before, but he didn’t want to chance it and get lost in Fort, so he watched the way to the weyr.

Once there F’drel glanced around the room with mild curiosity, noting the open space and lack of clutter. He moved over to one of the offered chairs and stiffly sat down. The nervous energy of the past few days was still with him, but it was easier to deal with now that there was a more immediate reason to be on edge. Being alone with a near stranger in his weyr definitely counted as a more immediate reason. Having dragon controlled sex did not count as properly getting to know someone.

He was grateful that D’hys didn’t wait for him to start eating first. Being the first one to eat always made him nervous and it would have ended with an awkward stand off where they waited for the other to eat. He didn’t worry that he’d get poisoned or anything — he was hardly important enough for anyone to poison — but he’d just never liked taking the first bite when sharing a meal with someone. Once D’hys had tasted the stew, however, the food was fair game. F’drel took one of the slices of bread, using it to scoop up the stew and eat it. You got the bread and the stew at the same time and didn’t have to clean extra silverware. He ignored the wine, still not particularly fond of alcohol.

After a few bites of stew, F’drel finished chewing and spoke. “It’s good. Much better than anything I could cook myself, in any case.” He’d been a house drudge, not a kitchen one, so he could make a bed or fold clothing like nobody’s business, but he could do little more than chop vegetables when it came to the kitchen. Since coming to the Weyr, he’d still had no need to learn to cook since meals were provided. F’drel had never really thought about cooking for himself, but it may be a good skill to pick up the basics for so he didn’t always have to rely on others for his food. He couldn’t really think of anything else to say, so F’drel resumed eating the stew, taking another piece of bread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Halomirth sighed. I guess I could try. She said, only half intending to actually change her behavior. The importance of caution still didn’t register to her, but she didn’t want to worry those she cared about. Her attempts to be more careful likely wouldn’t last long before Halomirth decided it was easier and more fun to just between as she pleased.

She scooted closer to Zeianth until their sides were pressed together. Halomirth was a big fan of physical contact and greatly enjoyed the opportunity to share space with another dragon — especially one as nice as Zeianth. She hummed happily, curling her tail around herself and settling down. When F’drel entered the adjoining weyr to the ledge she sent him a little contented purr, and nuzzled closer to Zeianth.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys watched F’drel eat without using the spoon and wondered if the boy grew up in some hole in the ground that didn’t have utensils. People considered Weyrs to be a den of sin and lacking in manners but at least they used spoons. They also enjoyed their wine and drank it when it was gifted like this. He was seriously considering his estimations of F’drel. Even his compliment was a bit backwards. He had a feeling that F’drel couldn’t cook so quantifying his statement that the meal was good with that was a bit backhanded but D’hys could appreciate it on some level, although he wondered if the kid even knew he had done it. His innocence was right up there with his suspiciousness and D’hys was back to wondering where the greenrider was from and his upbringing.

“You are a man of few words,” D’hys finally commented near the end of the meal. He didn’t bother trying to invoke a conversation when he saw F’drel seemed content to just eat. He did, however, finish his glass of wine and then take the other one since it would be wasted otherwise. Pushing his bowl aside, D’hys leaned back in his chair, making himself comfortable as he lightly swirled his wine and considered his options. No doubt the greenrider would try to flee as quickly as he could now that the food was gone, and he did have that task he was waiting for as well. That didn’t mean the summons would actually come in the next several minutes, especially since he suspected it had been an excuse to avoid getting together to begin with.

Personally, he was only looking for a fun way to pass the afternoon and add another greenrider to his collection but D’hys couldn’t figure out where F’drel’s desires laid yet and it annoyed him. No doubt he was sappy and wanted someone to fall in love with and spend his life with, if the way he cuddled after the Flight was anything to go by. But F’drel also seemed like someone who would appreciate honesty and D’hys contemplated that option and figured there was nothing to lose and he was bored enough to see how it went.

“I enjoy gambling, F’drel, usually for high stakes, so I’m going to lay my cards out on the table and you can answer or fold.” D’hys took a sip of the wine as he watched F’drel’s reaction to the start of proposal. “Instead of playing mind games and stringing you along until I’m bored, I’m just going to tell you that you’re attractive and I’d like nothing more than to fuck you up against the wall behind you.” He smirked as he rose out of the chair but turned back to the kitchen instead of toward the greenrider.

Another glass was grabbed from the shelf and filled with somewhat chilled water from the pitcher he had filled that morning. The glass was set on the table before F’drel, figuring if the man didn’t like wine, then he had to at least like water. If not, he was out of luck as D’hys didn’t drink klah. “We had a good Flight and I’m interested in some good sex with no strings attached when we’re in each other’s area, especially since you’re not a fan of talking.” He took a step back so he wasn’t crowding the man while he thought about the proposal. He was a lot of things, but D’hys wasn’t about to make the greenrider feel like he didn’t have a choice and corner him in his chair until he said what was expected. In fact, he ended up taking the bowls back to the kitchen and dropping them in a bucket of water to wash later.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“I’m not the only one here who can speak.” F’drel said with a touch of annoyance. It wasn’t his job to carry a conversation. If D’hys had said more F’drel would have responded, but since D’hys wasn’t talking F’drel didn’t bother either. Especially since there was surprisingly good food to be eaten. The baker back in Nabol had a tendency to over salt the bread, and the ones at Ista generally under salted it. D’hys had added a reasonable amount of salt, making it the most well salted bread F’drel had eaten in a long time, and he wanted to enjoy it. He noted the bluerider taking his wine glass too, though as he wasn’t planning to drink it he didn’t care. Considering F’drel didn’t really drink and had no idea what his alcohol tolerance was he didn’t want to chance it. Not that one glass of wine, of all drinks, was likely to do anything to him, but still. And he hadn’t ‘acquired’ a taste for wine yet, so why drink something he didn’t care for on top of possible intoxication? Absolutely not worth it. And D’hys seemed to have no problem drinking a second glass, so what was the harm?

He frowned slightly at D’hys’ poker metaphor, not entirely sure where it was going. What did he mean, lay his cards on the — oh. Well. It was a good thing F’drel had finished eating or he would almost certainly have choked then. Sure, F’drel had expected they would reach this point sometime before he left Fort, but he was not anticipating quite that much straightforwardness about it.

F’drel had a moment of panic when D’hys started standing, but exhaled in relief when the man headed toward the kitchen and didn’t immediately follow his statement by making good on it and pushing F’drel against the wall. Thank Faranth, it gave him a second to think — or at least try to, considering the circles his thoughts were running in at the moment. He could feel Miri start to hover questioningly at the edge of his consciousness, and F’drel quickly reassured her everything was fine and she didn’t have to worry about him, he was just surprised. And having flashbacks to most of the times he’d had sex in is life, but that wasn’t entirely unprecedented.

Until Miri’s Flight, F’drel hadn’t had sex since before she’d hatched. From the moment he’d met her gaze Halomirth had become the most important thing in his life. Which meant he’d had little interest in anything outside of her and her care; He’d also had an excuse. He could brush off most advances with a ‘sorry, my dragon’s not ready yet’ and the vast majority of weyrfolk would accept that with little complaint. Halomirth would almost certainly have been fine with him having sex nearly a turn ago, but F’drel had clung to that way out when people approached him and never approached anyone himself.

But he couldn't avoid sex forever, especially not now that Halomirth had started Flying. F’drel didn’t even think he wanted to avoid it forever, despite having such great experiences with it, even if he’d had more of a choice.

D’hys returned from the kitchen with a glass of water, and F’drel tracked the man as he crossed the room and left the glass on the table near him. It was pretty clear the water was for him, and F’drel managed to mutter out a thanks before he picked the glass up and cradled it in both hands. He felt having something to hold onto might be grounding. F’drel gently swished the water around the glass, careful not to spill it, still thinking as D’hys started talking again. He scowled slightly at the comment about him not talking. He didn’t babble constantly, that didn’t mean he was dumb or totally antisocial. If Dhys had been raised in place where he was expected to be as unnoticeable as possible then maybe he wouldn’t be big on initiating conversation either. Why was the bluerider so fixated on how much he was talking? Did he really talk so little?

Realizing he had focused on the inconsequential part of D’hys statement, probably to avoid having to think about the real issue at hand — F’drel knew himself well enough to admit he did that — F’drel focused back on the immediate situation. He noticed how D’hys had stepped back and left him with some space. That surprised F’drel, but he wasn’t unappreciative of it. It was hard to think or say no to someone when they were that close to you, especially if they were standing and you were sitting — more leverage, more power. And not only had D’hys stepped back, he’d gone back into the kitchen, another room entirely. F’drel had space to breath, and to think.

Which meant D’hys was either somewhat of a decent person and not trying to coerce him into anything, or was a complete master of fucking with people and trying to throw him off. The later was definitely possible, considering F’drel didn’t know the man well, and even somewhat likely — the way he spoke about playing mind games and stringing F’drel along sounded like it had been an option he’d discarded, not one he hadn’t considered. But it didn’t feel like he was playing a game with that many complex layers. F’drel was too wary to not be mindful of the possibility, but from what he could tell D’hys was in fact laying all his cards on the table — or at least most of them. That fact made him slightly more positively inclined towards the man. He could have carried on trying to manipulate him into sex, but he had chosen not to. That said something, F’drel thought, taking a sip of the water he still held.

And Halomirth really liked Zeianth. As far as F’drel could tell she didn’t like him particularly more than she liked any dragon she considered a friend, but she would definitely want to continue spending time with him. Which meant he probably couldn’t avoid the blue’s rider forever, since he wanted Miri to be happy and spend time with her friends. And he didn’t hate D’hys yet…

When D’hys returned from the kitchen, F’drel had a few questions for him.

“If I were to say yes to your proposal,” He started, watching D’hys’ reactions carefully, “Could I change it to a no in the future? Say in a month I decide I’m not feeling it anymore, I say I’m done and that’s it? Or if you stop by and I don’t have time you won’t make it an issue?” They seemed like silly questions after he’d asked them, but they were important. F’drel hadn’t had much in the way of that sort of control over his sex life before, and he’d decided he wanted even that sort of minimal say in it. If D’hys thought his questions were weird what was the worst he would do, rescind the offer? Not exactly a heartbreaking possibility.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys didn’t try to rush the greenrider into making a quick decision, despite thinking it was a pretty easy one to make. He wasn’t asking for much, just sex when they were bored and saw each other. He wasn’t asking for deep and meaningful conversations, wasn’t asking for hand-holding, wasn’t even asking to spend time together outside of satisfying their carnal needs. But the kid wasn’t weyrbred and likely had to weigh the pros and cons of such a proposal and see if his upbringing would allow him such fun.

Perhaps he should have strung F’drel along and eased him gently into bed instead. No, that would just be tedious and likely not even get the greenrider into bed until months or a year later. Some long games were fun, but D’hys wondered if he was finally getting bored of them and that was why he simply told his plan to get F’drel naked every chance they were alone together.

Finally it seemed like a decision had been made and D’hys was ready to start removing clothes when F’drel didn’t agree but had questions. Of course he did. He was young and, rightfully, cautious. “Of course. I doubt either of us will want to call it off once we get started, but as I said, no strings. We don’t owe each other anything, including the time if we have plans already. Mess-free, uncomplicated, easy to start and end sex, F’drel, nothing more.” He didn’t want more and would make sure the greenrider didn’t either.

However, there was one thing he did have to add to the bargain before they jumped into the sinful activities the removal of his shirt indicated was coming. “I have one stipulation though,” D’hys said as his shirt was dropped on the table and he stepped forward to pull the greenrider from his seat so they were almost eye-to eye; it was kind of annoying that F’drel was taller than him, “I’ll tell you what everyone else will try warning you about. Don’t fall in love with me, babe, it’ll only end up hurting you.”

Keep Halomirth busy for a while, Zeianth, and encourage her to delay any non-urgent jobs her rider is waiting for until we’re finished here. He was a selfish prick but he wasn’t about to upset his Weyrleader or end their arrangement too quickly because he blocked messages from getting to F’drel which earned him punishment.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel didn’t think sex was ever ‘uncomplicated,’ but perhaps his perspective would change over time. Certainly his past experiences hadn’t been uncomplicated, but what D’hys was suggesting was at least seemingly much less complicated. He still seriously doubted it would be quite as straightforward as D’hys said, but F’drel was rather sure they had different views on sex and didn’t see eye to eye on that.

He quirked an eyebrow when D’hys said he had a stipulation, wondering what it could possibly be. The sudden movement and being pulled from the chair made him tense up, instinctively wary. The shirt removal did not ease that moment of anxiety. However, when D’hys had given the stipulation, F’drel barely kept himself from laughing — though he did let out a rather amused huff — which made the tension mostly go away. That was not going to be an issue, F’drel didn’t think. His favorite son of Nabol had throughly disabused him of that notion, especially when someone started any sort of relationship with proposing sex. Though it seemed many Weyr relationships, — even good ones — started with sex or Flights. So maybe it worked, but F’drel didn’t think this was one of those cases.

“I’ll keep that in mind.” He said, very much not planning to fall in love with the man even a little. Still, he wasn’t against sleeping with him on occasion. D’hys’ forthrightness about just wanting sex felt safer than trying to navigate someone who wanted some sort of proper relationship. Having agreed to the stipulation — not a hardship in the slightest — F’drel slowly reached out across the few inches between them to rest on the bluerider’s hips, really hoping the Headwoman wasn’t going to send a firelizard for him too soon.

“If that’s everything settled,” F’drel said, breath catching in his throat as he paused a moment before throwing himself off the proverbial cliff with no dragon to catch him, “Then I believe you were saying something about the wall?”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)