World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Hunting on the range [N'gelt + Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Jazira moved slowly through the thick grasses, the herdbeasts were grazing just a few metres away, witha slow muffled inhale, she lowered her position and moved towards them. Each step was carefully placed, her semi crouched although painfully to watch was serving its purpose. So far, the herdbeasts hadn't noticed. Her fingers slid back to her waist, a little fumble soon freed the small belt knife. Lowering her position even more to point of being on her hands and knees, she crept close. Now she could hear them breathing, the heavy sound as they moved along the field, they're feet scuffling against the dried earth, their steps bringing up a small cloud of dust. She crouched down, the knife held posed at her side before she jumped up out of the grass, her knife catching the herdbeast's neck. A spurt of blood proved that her mark was sound with a few seconds the beast collasped. What Jazz didn't count was the herd turning and charging towards her.

"Shard it!" Jazz swore softly, turnng on her heels and running, with a neat turning, she dived forward, hoping to be out of the herd's way. The heavy impact of the beast against her right calf said it all that she hadn't been quick enough. A hiss of pain escaped through clenched teeth, she rolled far away fromw here the herd had charged and moved her trouser up. A nice purple bruise forming along the lower leg and couple of well placed pushes told her that she had probably fractured it. She'd need to splint it, even if it was only until she had gotten to the infirmary. finding a well sized stick and the vandages in her pockets, she set to work. Her training now in working with her as she wrapped her leg, albeit it looked awkward but it should do the job of supporting the suspected fracture. Shifting herself, she managed to struggle to her feet and the hot hot pain that seared its way up her leg told her things were bad. Especially as she had come out hunting alone. Since her recent outburst at a newly impressed weyrling, few if any spoke to her. Looping rope around the herdbeast's neck then secures it around her shoulder, she limped back to theweyr, her teeth clenching against the pain as she pulled not only her weight but the weight of the herdbeast.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ilv? What the shards is that?

It appears to be a young girl attempting to move a carcass many times her weight.

Ilveriath's reply was dry and snide. The blue angled his wings and dropped to a lower altitude, fixing his curious eyes on Jazira. However, the dragon elaborated, she appears to be wounded. Perhaps we should offer assistance.

Ilveriath didn't sound overly interested. He figured it would be terrible to just fly on without at least inquiring, and if he didn't suggest it, I'shan probably wouldn't even think about it. I'shan agreed, but only reluctantly. He was more interested in finding N'gelt. Their relationship had taken a blow at the end of the previous season, but they'd made it through. It hadn't been easy, but they'd done it! And at that moment, finding N'gelt and nurturing that relationship was more important than most things for I'shan.

Eh, but he couldn't just leave her out there.

Ilveriath took the implied order and spiraled lazily into the field, alighting a few paces away from the girl and her quarry. I'shan waved, still perching neatly atop his dragon's back. He didn't bother to dismount.

"Need some help there?" he shouted, wearing a friendly smile in spite of his distracted he was. Keep an eye out for Saquith, okay?

Of course.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jazz's gaze swung up to see a blue dragon overhead. She simply snorted, continuing to heave the carass behind her. She wouldn't stop because a dragon appeared. She wasn't helpless. She could get that carcass back on her own steam... at least that is what she hoped.  She all but sighed as the dragon landed a few feet from her before her gaze moved up to see the bluerider, deadpaning at his question. Was he blind? sure she may not the help but only dimglow would see she was indeed injuried.

"That depends if you are continue to shout at me. Or perhaps you'd like to join the patronising I've earnt from the Weyr!" Jazz snapped, th esame flare of temper bubbling under the surface, psuhing against her barriers, attempting to find a crack to escape. "You clearly seem far too busy to assist the likes of me, quit the act and just leave already!" She snapped, her eyes practically dancing in the internal fires that raged within. Turning her head away, she shifted the rope, biting her lip as she pulled the carcass along beneath her leaving a bloody red smear across the ground, ignoring her own body's reactions to the pain as her injuried leg trembled and shook beneath her own weight in the steady rhythem of walking.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes widened in recognition as she turned and spoke to him. He'd thought she looked familiar, but now that he heard the voice he could finally place her. The girl from the dining hall! The one who'd been terrorizing Erisi!

Your perceptiveness is the envy of the ages Ilveriath said mirthfully. His eyes flushed in curious yellow as he observed Jazira. Do you think she realizes how little progress she's making? he asked I'shan, trying to remain on his best behavior. He pitied her injury, but it was hard to remain compassionate after an outburst like that.

Of course, Ilveriath could see the fine cracks on the surface. He could tell the girl was suffering from something, stress or pain or...Well, there was certainly a reason. I'shan didn't see that at all, though. He just saw...

"Wow, are you always a total bitch to people who offer you help?" he asked, the words escaping his throat as a half-laugh. He smirked a bit and gave Ilveriath's neck a slap, requesting the dragon lower his neck. Ilveriath did so, though reluctantly. I'shan? I'll ask that you not do what you're about to dothe dragon requested cautiously.

I'shan paid him no mind. He released himself from the straps and trotted over, giving Jazira a quick salute before seating himself - quite impetuously - right on top of the carcass. Just because. With his own weight added to it, he imagined that thing wouldn't be budging another inch.

"If I was too busy, I wouldn't have landed. I just have something on my mind as all," the bluerider said wistfully as he crossed one leg over the other and turned his eyes skyward. "You on the other hand, are hurt and clearly need help." He was wildly unimpressed by her vicious staring or her confrontational tone of voice. I'shan was one to play with fire, after all. His confidence was unshaken.

Ilveriath rumbled a little, eyes flushing blue in amusement.Young lady,  Ilveriath said, carefully pruning the laughter from his voice, Do allow us to carry that for you. You need medical attention.

Plus, I'shan wasn't getting up anytime soon. That much was obvious.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jazz physically recoiled from his words as though he had just hit her hard with a good slap to the side of the face. Her nostrils flared in indignation as she lifted her head up to focus her gaze on him. Although her fire didn't reach her eyes this time and for that moment she stared at him, hurt, anger and betrayal all lurking ithin those dark ivy green depths until she jerked her gaze away-tightening her grip on the rope.

"Only those who patronise me." She muttered softly until he sat on the carcass, she tried to tug it from beneath his weight and found that combined with his weight, the carcass wasn't moving. For that moment, she felt the one thing she hated more anything on Pern, she felt helpless. Her bottom lip trembled as her eyes slowly hazed out, the water now filling them until them until they could her eyes no more and leaked freely and unnoticed down her face.

"WHY DO YOU ALL INSIST ON MAKING MY LIFE A LIVING HELL! I-" Her voice tightened to a squeak before she turned herself from him, trying to pull the carcass, but she did not give up, instead her actions became more desperate and saddened. The very thought of the carcass not moving seemed to load its weight onto her, causing her once tall frame to shrivel and sag before her leg gave way dropping her unceremonially on the floor with a choked noise that sounded eeirely similiar.

'Please help... I can't do this anymore.' Her thoughts made the words on their own, however her own pride stopped her speaking them outloud. She wasn't helpless, she wasn't! She would get that carcass back home, she would be helpful, unlike her father... Those thoughts reached the cracks in her barriers and sent her in a downsprial into her own mind, knocking her sideways and locking her inside the darkening torrent. THe onyl outward sign she gave was the thin, heart wrenching sobs that now wrecked her frameand only caused her sink in closer to the dirt. Her leg swelling up from her own stupidity to rest it, now pressed painfuly against the stems of her trousers whilst her other leg's fitting remained loose.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At first, her physical recoil and shocked expression brought pleasure to I'shan. He wasn't impressed by her pushiness and defensiveness. All he saw was a brat who needed to learn the difference between being mocked and being offered help! He crossed his arms, a wry, smug expression crossing his face.

"I didn't patronize you. I smiled at you and asked you if you needed help. What did I do that was patronizing, have a dick? That makes you as bad as the chauvinistic males, you know." That was the assumption he was going on; another uppity 'strong' woman who thought being independent required being both sexist and being absolutely insane. I'shan knew a strong woman when he saw one; his mother had been a strong woman. She raised him all by herself, no father and against all social stigma. She'd devoted every waking moment to him, she'd kept her career, she'd endured all manners of ill treatment...

I'shan's face fell when Jazira began to cry. His expression slumped into a befuddled frown as he watched her sink to the ground, wounded body wracked by sobs. What did I even do?! I just gave that bitch what she was giving me! he thought indignantly, trying to ignore the faint stabbing of guilt that appeared in the back of his mind.

Reassuring as ever, Ilveriath swooped in. I believe she is putting up a front he commented. The dragon paused to consider the situation for a moment, leaving his bonded staring at Jazira and at a total loss for words.

Shards! I didn't mean to make her cry.

Indeed, love. She should not treat others poorly if she cannot bear the same in return Ilveriath said, careful to keep the lecture out of his voice. He'd given the same speech to I'shan a time or two, after all. But now, he hardly felt any need to lecture either of them. As he stood and gently caressed his rider's mind with his warm presence, he knew I'shan was pondering that small resemblance between the girl and himself.

It wasn't a huge one, but I'shan sure knew what it was like to get more than he asked for in a verbal scuffle. Erisi in particular had landed some nasty blows. N'gelt, too.

I'shan frowned and stood up, tentatively inching closer. "Shards, I didn't mean to upset you," he said, lacking skill when it came to comforting others and still refusing to let go of his actual point. There was a bit of sympathy on his face, though; sympathy, not regret. He felt like he's stomped a puppy.

I'shan couldn't hear her mental plea, but as a search dragon, Ilveriath was sensitive enough to detect it. We will help you he offered, expecting rejection as much as I'shan expected to be slapped in the face for approaching. Unlike I'shan, who was completely at a loss for what to do,  Ilveriath at least had a plan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I don't do sexist..." She managed to utter between sobs, her head moving in her arms as she drew in several deep breaths trying to regain whatever dignity she had left. Sure she could parade around, playing the strong women, but in honesty, wasn't her. It wasn't why she became a healer, it wasn't why she got up in the morning. However years of training with bitter and twisted older women who treated men and others like they were beneath grew change her, what was her trying to fit in with strong viewed teachers became habit and then part of her life. with the soothing words of the blue entering her mind, she lifted her watery gaze to the blue's. 'promise?' Her voice came across child like, before feminine softness dsiappeared behind its mask. A vigourous rub of her eyes against the back of her hand and she attempted to get back to her. if anything, she looked pathetic, desperately trying to get up on one leg before she flopped with a frustrated sigh.

"I'm... Sorry." She let her gaze rest on him, her tongue moistening her lips as she swallowed thickly, uncomfortable, eying him warily as though he would attack her at moment's notice. Slowly sitting up again, she looked over at I'shan and managed a small, tenative but truthful smile. "I deserved that. Also.. thank you. I need to let some pressure off." She added on, maybe there was someone here she could trust. She knew she was following old views, she knew she was being downright abrasive but another part was unable to accept the help when offers, unable to accept friendship unless they had seen her nasty side. If they stuck around afterwards, they were either friendly terrority or stupid. Either way, as the only one had stuck around the scuffle and his dragon being pleasant Jazz if anything felt more comfortable and showed physically. Rather than carrying what to her seemed like the world on her shoulders, now she felt lighter. Well at least she knew the stress her long before any disease would.

"I'm sorry for snapping. I'm not great at the whole accepting help thing. If anything... I hate it. My father was always asking for help because he couldnt bear to work a single day in his life. I refuse to be like him." She uttered, her eyes now clear of tears as she faced him. she shifted her weight, attempting again to try and stand and managed it this time. Although she wobbled unsteadily on her feet and tumbled sideways. With a defeated sigh, she managed a somewhat wry grin at him. Her attitude towards him changed, she deemed to be treating him like friendly terrority. He was safe in her eyes, he was okay to hang with, perhaps... he may even become a friend... like a real and true friend! Shifting herself around, she pulled the leg of her trousers up, looking critcally at the purple puffy leg. Cracking her fingers, she began poking around the leg not only checking her injuries but also revealing some high level healer training. After a few moments of poking and prodding, she looked fairly annoyed.

"Broken." she grumbled quietly, pulling the trouser leg down and reattatching her quickly made splint. Her gaze moved from the slowly cooling carcass of the herdbeast, I'shan who looked ready to leap back at a moment's notice and the blue dragon who seemed fairly relaxed.

"I'shan is it?" She looked at him, reguarding him like he was far more unusual and interesting, dark ivy green eyes staring at him, studying him before they softened and she seemed to lose interest. However the converse was far more true. He seemed geninue enough, an honest being wanting to help... perhaps it wouldn't hurt to lower her barriers... if only for a little while... right? He was a known bluerider, one who was drawn to men. Jazz had no reason to protect herself from him, he wasn't even a threat. Just for a brief moment a flash of her history, the days back in the trading caravan... A shake of her head cleared them away. They were a memory for when she was drunk... and alone. Not for company.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan frowned again and flopped into the grass, assuming an indian-style position and leaning forward curiously. She was apologizing now?

I guess you were right, Ilv the bluerider thought with a hint of sadness.

I am always right Ilveriath said, mildly teasing. His little joke provoked the desired responsel a delicate little laugh from I'shan. The dragon then pitched forward onto all fours and walked closer, settling a safe distance away and resting his head on the grass within arm's reach of her, inviting her to touch if she so desired. Ilveriath liked the touch of humans.

I'shan inhaled deeply, surprised to suddenly see the apology in the girl's eyes. Shards, she even seemed to be opening up to him a bit. Part of him was suspicious, but a larger part was relieved. He hadn;t intended for that to turn into a...thing.

"It's okay," he said simply, content to shrug it away. I'shan was a rebounder. He smiled a little bit, pleasantly surprised that she knew his name. Had he introduced himself the other day? He couldn't remember.  "Yes," he said as he made a sweeping gesture towards his dragon. 'And that's Ilveriath."

He raised a brow at her injury. "...I sure as shards couldn't splint my own leg," he murmured, a compliment, albeit not a direct one. He figured he would have just laid around in tears until someone decided to pay attention to him. Ilveriath projected a mild scolding for the self-depreciation.

Pretend for a moment like I'd do any better, I dare you

You frequently surprise me. Do not sell yourself short Ilveriath replied casually. He figured his rider was, on some level, fishing for compliments. It couldn't hurt to pay out. Ilveriath: ever the enabler.

"Come on," I'shan finally said, rising to his feet. "Let's get you back. Mind if I pick you up?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

With a sniff, she rubbed her eyes again, letting her left eyebrow quirk upward as he settled. As the blue dragon shuffled closer, her head snapped in Ilveriath's direction, for a moment, she almost seemed fearful before a nervous and shaky hand reach out, gently brushing along the dragon's muzzle. Her eyes staring at the patch she had pet before glancing at her fingers and with a pleasant shiver, she shuffled over soemwhat awkwardly, her fingers working along his eyeridges. She was sure she had someone mention that dragons like their eyeridges being.. scratched? Either way, she did hope Ilv liked the attention. If anything the scent coming off the dragon was an eeirely comforting one, like spicy nutmeg mixed with sweet cinnanion.

"It's not hard to make a splint for yourself. You get two steady pieces and loop them together. I had to learnt to do it out on the field. Fishing injuries don't wait for you get the right equipment. You ever set the bone there and then or you could cripple someone for life." She cast a glance at him, a small frown settling on her face before she seemed to relax. "I could teach you... if you wanted that is. I'm not a master, despite being told many atime i should have been, but i know enough to deal with most things." She added on, with a pleasant smile.

"Only if you promise not to drop me." She managed a somewhat chuckle as she spoke, however her tone was serious and she seemd what nervous of him picking her up as though the action of him dropping her was a very real prospect.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilv certainly did like the attention. The dragon sighed happily and pressed his snout forward, encouraging her delicate touch. His eyes blushed blue, a couple shades deeper than the rest of his hide.

I'shan watched idly. Ilveriath often cozied up to other people. I'shan didn't mind, he even thought it was a little bit cute. Ilveriath was a shameful attention hog. Face brightened by a subtle half-smile, he just shook his head and stepped closer. "I'm no healer," was all he said as he knelt down to scoop her up. He was deceptively strong, in spite of his smaller frame. He lifted her easily and nodded to Ilveriath.

Hold still, pal I'shan said as he carefully lifted Jazira onto the dragon's neck, careful to avoid bumping her wounded leg as he set her down. Ilveriath remained dutifully still. I'shan climbed up after Jazira and carefully put both arms around her as he reached for the straps.

"Hang on tight, okay?" he said.

Ilveriath slowly rose to his feet and fanned his wings out. Before taking off, he reached forward with his forepaws and gripped the herdbeast carcass. He lifted it carefully before taking off. I'shan smiled as they took off; no matter the context, flying never got old.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)