World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 739.03.19| Why me?
12pm noon

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
He's jealous you know

"I don't understand why he would be so jealous," A'dis told the dragon he leaned against. It was a conversation they had many times before. Starting at nearly the beginning of their lives together, A'dis just couldn't understand why his father treated him with such disdain. He'd tried apologizing to the man and it had left him with a bloody lip. Obaranth had been pissed and would've have clawed the man if A'dis' mother hadn't intervened. "He should be proud. His son is a bronzerider and his daughter a goldrider. I just don't understand."

He is jealous because his own dragon is only a brown and he would have a bronze.

A'dis shook his head at the bronze's words. He knew Obaranth was right. He knew his father was irrationally jealous of the fact he did not ride a bronze and his son did but it hurt. It wasn't his fault Midranth was brown and not bronze. Besides, didn't everyone say that the dragon chose? He doubted there had been a bronze who would want a man like A'mad. He was too volitile. Too much of a drunk. Too.. A'mad. The brownrider was more suited for brown and though A'dis would never say it, he thought the man should've been on a blue. 

Perhaps he is proud in his own twisted way. He seems to tolerate Ameris and the fact she rides my clutch mother. So maybe there is hope for he and you.

"Mm.. Maybe," but A'dis doubted it. He couldn't help but think he'd done something wrong and that some how he would have to make up to his father for whatever he'd done. The only problem was, A'dis had no idea how to go about it. A'mad always had a way of bringing his son down, A'dis took everything the older man said to him seriously, trying his hardest to please the brownrider. He never could but there was nothing him from trying. Of course. Obaranth tried his hardest to make A'dis understand that his father didn't matter. 

He's a ridiculous man who was wasted on a nice brown the bronze told him with an audible grumble, I don't understand why it matters to you so much what he thinks. You are a bronzerider. Better than he is. We are better than A'mad and Midranth. It's high time you accepted this. A'dis cranked his head around to stare at the bronze. He'd never heard Obaranth use so many words before. "Geez Obi. How long have you wanted to say that?!" A'dis exclaimed quite loudly. A while.

A'dis laughed loudly and slapped a hand against his dragon. When a shadow fell over them, the laughter cut off abruptly. "Can we help you with something?" he asked politely.

PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Vessaelia had spent the morning in the kitchens helping with cleaning up after breakfast and switching into midday meal prep right after. She didn’t fancy herself that great of a cook and once upon a time back in her old life, she had hoped to marry higher than her current station so she would have staff to do it all for her. Now, when asked to help in the kitchens, it was usually to scrub pots or do the basic tasks of chopping vegetables or stirring a pot of stew.

That was still exhausting work and she breathed a sigh of relief when she was set free to go clean up before returning to eat. She had the afternoon off thanks to all of her help that morning and Vessaelia contemplated having a long soak in what should be a mostly empty (or hopefully entirely empty!) bathing pool while everyone shuffled in and out for lunch.

Her plans were halted when she saw a bronzerider curled up with his large dragon. He looked miserable, which was probably a good indicator that she should just keep on walking by but he was rather attractive as well. He looked to be on the younger side, but it was so hard to tell the age of dragonriders! He could be in his forties and sill look like that. Vessaelia sighed dreamily as she thought about being essentially young forever. She just had to wait for her dragon to find her.

Regardless of his age, Vessaelia felt inclined to see if he was okay and if there was anything she could do to help. She bit her lower lip in thought for a moment and then quickly undid her messy braid, ran her fingers through coppery locks, and re-braided it. She had to look somewhat presentable, especially if she misread the vibe he was giving and he was just sleepy or lonely and looking for someone to share his bed with in either scenario.

She paused and a little ‘oh’ escaped as the bronzerider – whom she now recognised as A’dis; she was still learning dragons by sight – asked if she needed something before she even said a word. “That was going to be my question. I was watching you as I crossed the bowl and… um…” she was suddenly getting nervous and her annoying habit of stammering was showing. She cleared her throat, smiled brightly, and tried again.

“You looked like you could use a friend and while I’m not one yet, I wouldn’t mind being one.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

He hadn't expected the person who stopped to be a girl and his face flushed a little. A'dis would never be the first to admit that the opposite sex terrified him in ways he didn't quite know himself. It wasn't that he liked boys, he didn't other than comrades, but women were... Not boys. The lamest excuse for avoiding them he could have possibly given out but men were easier to deal with, he was after all a man, and knew the ins and outs of being one and what they expected. With women, you never knew what they wanted or expected from you. The only exceptions to this rule were his mother and sister. They didn't expect him to be anything other than what he was and definitely didn't try to buy his favor or wiggle their way into his affections for the ability to call themselves something more than they were. But other women? He would be forever suspicious of their intentions. He tried to hide it now, tried to ignore the niggle of doubt her overtures of friends brought about.

She's pretty. I like her hair, it is very vibrant

A'dis didn't agree, though he liked the color of it. It wasn't vibrant but the most perfect shade of red. Not too bright and not too light, it was subdued and kind of gentle looking. Fuck. You don't even know her, fear her even and her hair is gentle the dragon rumbled with every level of amusement beneath A'dis' back. He growled lightly at the bronze's need to tease and swept out a hand in a wide movement. "Sit then," he told her, "I don't know how good a friend you'll find me but I suppose I could use some company other than Obaranth." The dragon in question snorted and A'dis was surrounded by the spicy scent of dragon. "I'm sure Obaranth won't mind if you use him as a back rest," he continued. I would too.

"You were watching me?" he asked as he scooted over just slightly, "A'dis and this is Obaranth."

PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

“Oh! Well, when you say it, it sounds rather stalkerish, doesn’t it?” Vessaelia ducked her head and felt her cheeks warm so quickly that she knew she had to be as red as a tomato right then. “I wasn’t… I mean, it’s not… It’s a long walk across the bowl and I saw you sitting here and was wondering why and it caught my attention.” She hadn’t purposely waited and sought them out when they were alone, though she wondered if she would have given how handsome the man was. 

“I’m Vessaelia. Pleased to meet you, A’dis, Obaranth,” she curtsied with her introduction, her Hold upbringing still too engrained in her to easily forget such niceties though it did make her forget her awkwardness and embarrassment for sounding like a stalker. Her father, and now her brother, would have smacked her if she didn’t act properly before someone of higher ranking or to a man they hoped to marry her off to. She was embracing quite a few things about Weyr life but some of what she learned at home would stay with her always and Vessaelia didn’t think that was necessarily a bad thing as friendliness and politeness went a long way.

“Um, thank you. I couldn’t presume such things of Obaranth though.” Vessaelia sat down a respectable distance from both dragon and man despite her urge to curl up with them both. A’dis looked so comfortable resting against his dragon that she wanted to experience that as well. Maybe one day soon she would! “Maybe when we get to know each other more I’ll be comfortable lazing with him.” A shy smile was given to the dragon. It didn’t matter the colour; all dragons were fascinating to her and the thought of even one disliking her broke her heart.

She realised she was replying to his statements all out of order and felt a flush creeping up again. This was not going well at all! She blamed it on his eyes. They were gorgeous and absolutely vivid in an interesting shade of green she hadn’t seen before but they also seemed to notice everything about her to the point she felt naked. And wasn’t that just a lovely and distracting thought? Vessaelia started fiddling with the hem of her dress, quite aware she was being an utter social disaster before glancing back to A’dis, determined to be a normal girl that could have a normal conversation.

Or she would have been, if she hadn’t seen the fat lip she had so far missed, likely thanks to the enchanting eyes. “What happened?” She blurted out even as she went to reach for his mouth before quickly pulling her hand back and settling it in her lap. Her touch wouldn’t do anything for the cut except make it sting and he didn’t know her well enough to accept such an informal touch. An apology was mumbled as Vessaelia hoped she hadn’t offended him.

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"It does yes," he chuckled and was charmed when she blushed a hot red that was rather fetching with the color of her hair. At least the colors don't clash the bronze murmured to him with amusement. "It's okay. I get a lot of odd looks anyway," he said as he tried to sooth away the embarrassment she felt and keep Obaranth from making him laugh out loud. It wouldn't do to have this sweet girl to think he was laughing at her!

"Vessaelia," he tested out her name and quite like the sound of it. Oolalala, she curtsied and everything A'dis. Don't be letting that go to your head, you're not as important as all that. A'dis scowled at the bronze. He knew Obi loved him, he could feel that love shining bright as a beacon through the bond they shared, but the big bronze always tried to make sure A'dis remained as humble as he could. Obaranth just couldn't have his rider ending up like his father now could he? One could imagine the terror that A'dis could strike in the weyr if he was as selfish and violent as A'mad. Obaranth's eyes took on an angry orange before settling back into a content blue pattern and A'dis gave the huge paw a pat.

He was disappointed she didn't sit closer to him. He wanted to see if she smelled as good as she looked but appreciated her reason. She doesn't the bronze quipped, She smells like bitter klah and over ripe red fruit. It was A'dis’ turn for his face to flame brightly. It was unusual that A'dis took an interest in a girl right from the get go but Vessaelia's looks coupled with the glimpse of personality he'd already gotten, and someone would call him smitten. That someone would no doubt be his sister if she ever found out and Ameris would never let him live it down. Meeting his sister had done wonders for him and for her, if she ever admitted it, and A'dis really wouldn't have it any other way.

You've made her shy, A'dis. Poor girl looks about to pop. Or maybe. Maybe its just my dashing good looks

A'dis rolled his eyes at his dragon. If there was one thing Obaranth was good at it was putting A'dis back in ease. If the dragon would bespeak another he had no doubt Obaranth would be doing much the same to Vessaelia, but no matter how often he tried, A'dis could never get him to talk to another. The mood that had begun to be lifted dropped once more when Vessaelia pointed out his fat lip. He scowled darkly, he'd forgotten the pain of it until she said something. Her hand reached out to touch it before he could stop her but he didn't have to. She stopped herself and dropped her hand to her lap. "I said something my father didn't quite like," he admitted softly, anger he hadn't felt then welling up and turning his eyes a brilliant shade of jade. "Don't apologize," he said and grabbed her hand on impulse, giving it a squeeze and hanging on to it, "You didn't hurt me. I doubt you could." But she could in the worst way if he let her. He was hopeless. He didn't even know her.

A'dis never liked people to apologize for something the didn't do even if they had almost done it. It felt too much like something his father would cultivate. Having people bow and scrape to him was never something A'dis had been interested in. "Its not a bother really," he waved it away, "Doesn't even hurt anymore and I'd forgotten completely about it. Don't worry yourself." Liar

@"Vessaelia"

PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

“Oh,” Vessaelia replied with a blush when her hand was grabbed and held onto but it was also tinted with sadness, all too aware of how it felt to have a family member lay a hand on you. It was odd to see it done to a son, though. Her brother had been her father’s pride and joy and it seemed like he could get away with anything if he happened to screw up. Then again, her dad had only smacked her once, at her brother’s wedding when she was playing around with another kid and they knocked into a servant carrying a tray of wine and glasses. “My brother would do that sometimes as well. I think I was an annoying left over loose end from the death of my parents.” Her brother had likely been fed up with her questions or uselessness at bringing in a good wedding deal and had smacked her or roughly handled her in the last few years leading up to being Searched. Despite that, she had still been reluctant to go with R’nd, wanting to find a husband instead of a dragon at the time. Now, though, she was happy she was free of that life.

Even though A’dis said it didn’t hurt and not to worry about it, that was all Vessaelia could do now. She felt like her curiosity had definitely put a dampener on the mood and her little confession likely didn’t help either. She really didn’t speak much of her family, having not seen her sisters for several years, her parents both being dead, and her brother being his charming self, that it surprised her to have even said such a thing. Maybe she had done it to show A’dis he wasn’t alone in having messed up family members and that she understood? Still, it was clear it wasn’t really something he wanted to talk about and Vessaelia almost apologised again for bringing it up at all but caught herself before doing so.

“An-anyway,” Vessaelia wouldn’t let her clumsiness in conversational skills ruin her time with the handsome bronzerider but she was also struggling to find something else to talk about that wasn’t super lame or made it sound like they were on a first date set up by friends, asking mundane questions to learn more about the other. But it kind of was like that, without the involvement of friends, since she sort of invited herself to join him lazing in the bowl. She glanced down at her hand still in his, finding she had no desire to take it back and was momentarily distracted by how small it seemed in his hand.

“What’s your favourite colour?” Vessaelia looked back up at A’dis and laughed as soon as she asked, amused but also a little saddened that she couldn’t think of anything else right then to change the topic and hopefully make him smile. “Yes, I really asked that and I do expect an answer,” she giggled again and decided her favourite colour was currently green thanks to his eyes.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)