World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.02.14 | Message Received
4pm | F'drel

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D’hys came back to himself rather easily, which led him to believe it had been a short and easy chase. It made sense; the green was chubby and young, lacking in any real experience. Zeianth had swooped in with little effort, though behind the smugness of winning, there seemed to be a bit of guilt. Aveleth?

Yes. She is likely one of his preferred if he gave chase. D’hys sensed a bit of remorse but it clearly hadn’t been enough for him to ease up in the chase and let his friend win. No; they both wanted this new green, though likely for different reasons.

Go see him before we leave, if you want. And if she lets you, D’hys had a feeling Halomirth was just as clingy as the man attached to his side. She is. I like it though. You, however, do what you do best and pretend that you do for whatever game you’re going to play. His dragon knew him so well, and play, he would. Sweet dragons, however, would be the death of him some day, D’hys thought as his face scrunched up in disgust at the way the greenrider used him as a pillow. He didn’t even have an ounce of fat on him, why did people think he was soft and comfortable enough to sleep on?

He slipped his free hand under his head in a makeshift pillow since the actual one was strewn on the floor with most of the bedding as he considered his play. Playing the mean bluerider that bossed around the greenrider and got what he wanted that way was kind of boring and made for annoying rumours that messed up future advances. Sugar and spice was likely the way to go, especially since the man seemed young, clingy, and it was his maiden flight. Earn his trust and take what he wanted before dumping the kid. That could work. It’d be a while since he had played a long game and a glance at the sleeping form assured D’hys that the new target was at least attractive. Maybe he’d find out before leaving if the sex was worth the game as well with a little encore.

With a light touch, D’hys started dancing his fingers over F’drel’s arm hoping to gently ease him awake. “You awake, gorgeous? I didn’t want to leave without saying good bye. And maybe introductions.” He chuckled softly as he continued tracing patterns on the smooth arm.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Consciousness came to F’drel slowly, staying with his eyes closed while his muddled thoughts put together all the things that seemed out of place. For one, the lighting was all wrong, coming in the weyr from the wrong angle for morning. He was also not wrapped up in a blanket, which was unusual for him as he always had at least one layer on even the hottest nights, but even without one he was still fairly warm. Even more confusing, he was pretty sure something was brushing gently against his arm and after a few more moments he realized someone was speaking to him — probably the source of the arm touching — though the only words he managed to process were “…maybe introductions.” Introductions?

“Fuck.” F’drel mumbled, eyes still closed, as Halomirth’s first flight came back into his head. Right. That had happened. So the man talking was the rider of the winner, who was… F’drel had no idea. He remembered Halomirth being caught, but he couldn’t figure out who had caught her. A blue, but not one they knew.

His name’s Zeianth. Halomirth said, and her mindvoice sounded sleepy, though the tone was cheerful. I like him. F’drel sent fondness through their bond at that, quite possibly her most used phrase considering she liked practically everyone she met. And a nice dragon didn’t necessarily mean a nice rider. He’s friends with Aveleth. And wasn’t that an interesting example of the principle. Do you think it would be mean of me to ask Zeianth to say hi to him for me? Since Aveleth chased me and all. Halomirth said a bit worridly. Why don’t you ask Zeianth? F’drel suggested. Ooh, yes, good idea. she said, and F’drel felt her presence fade a bit as she turned her attention to the blue she was curled up beside.

Having checked in with Miri, F’drel slowly opened his eyes to see their human Flight winner. Nope, definitely not someone he knew.

“Hey.” He said quietly, not entirely sure what protocol was here. A greeting seemed a good enough place to start though.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys considered taking F’drel up on his eloquently worded ‘fuck’ with a ‘don’t mind if I do’ and having his way with the man but figured the greenrider wouldn’t see as much amusement in that as he did and kept his hands to himself. Well, didn’t do more than rest his hand on the arm he had been lightly teasing.

“Hey,” D’hys replied back, amused despite himself at the greenrider’s response to everything. He was taking it rather well for his maiden Flight, which was appreciated really. He hated the ones that panicked and flailed about like it would solve anything. Still, it wasn’t really getting them anywhere. He supposed he better get the boring talking part over with to see if it was worth going for seconds or playing a game with the kid.

“I’m D’hys of blue Zeianth, currently of Fort Weyr. I’d like to say we’re sorry for crashing, and winning, your Flight, but Zeianth seems content with Halomirth and so far, I don’t have any complaints either,” he threw on the charm and added in a playful grin. He thought about saying some more, but depending on how flight addled F’drel’s brain was, it might be wasting his time. So he left it at that for the man to process.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“F’drel, of —” He started saying out of habit before processing that the man — D’hys, apparently, and F’drel could swear he’d heard the name before but couldn’t recall anything said accompanying it — had already said his dragon’s name and obviously knew she was a green. “Well, you know that bit, I imagine.” He continued, a little sheepishly. F’drel paused before responding the the rest of D’hys’ comment. What was he supposed to say to that? Thanks? A moment later, his still slightly foggy mind caught onto the fact the other man wasn’t from Ista — which made him feel a bit better about not knowing who he was.

“Do you often go to other Weyrs to crash Flights, then?” F’drel asked, trying to sound teasing and not accusatory, since he was just curious and didn't care what the answer actually was. He had kind of figured it would be Istan dragons who flew, as greens rising wasn’t important enough to send an alert to other Weyrs about. So D’hys was probably just in the area, right?

He turned his head a little to get a better look at D’hys, considering the bluerider (He actually was rather pleased it hadn’t been a brown to catch Halomirth). The man hadn’t left yet — that had happened to one of his friends from his weyrling class, he had been left before waking up from his maiden Flight — but F’drel wasn’t sure why. Basic politeness? Did D’hys just want to chat? Make sure F’drel knew who won his maiden (and then, for whose benefit?)? Go for another round where the dragons weren’t in control (he knew some people liked to do that after Flights)? He couldn’t tell. He wasn’t even entirely sure what his own preference was, this was all new. F’drel was rather surprised he wasn’t itching to kick the man out immediately, actually, but he could feel Halomirth’s sleepy contentment bleeding through to him and supposed she was (unintentionally) helping keep him as calm as he was. After a few seconds he remembered he was staring, and tried to adjust his position a little to look elsewhere, which led him to notice the odd angle he was at. F’drel furrowed his eyebrows for a moment of confusion before realizing he was using the bluerider as a pillow.

“I’m not crushing you or anything, am I? Would you like me to move?” He asked, shifting slightly to prepare to roll over if he had to. Didn’t want to annoy the man by cutting off his circulation.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys laughed and shook his head in the negative at the questions that finally started to come his way. At least they were easy ones to answer and the greenrider still seemed to be in a good mood. He found most greenriders were relaxed post-Flight but some liked to have a hissy fit despite how content their dragon was curled up beside Zeianth. “No, you’re not crushing me,” Only slightly cutting off circulation to an arm, but that was to be expected when cuddling was involved. He had no idea why it appealed to so many people. “And I’m happy where you are, so long as you’re comfortable.”

As to how they came to be where they currently were, D’hys figured the truth was best, even if it was somewhat mundane. But he was already getting the feeling that F’drel wasn’t one to be impressed and won over by fantastic tales and flowery compliments. Good. This kid was on the track for potentially not boring him when they weren’t having sex. “I’m afraid I’m not a professional Flight crasher. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I was running a couple of errands when your girl caught the eye of Zeianth and I can’t say no to him. Hopefully my fellow chasers won’t be too mad at an ‘outsider’ snatching you up.” He paused, considering F’drel a moment with a slight frown, “hopefully you don’t mind either?”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Alright then.” F’drel said, giving a sort of half shrug before settling back against the bluerider. Human contact was nice sometimes, and F’drel was starting to realize he didn’t get enough of it. He was used to being an older brother and having to share his bed with a younger sibling or two who’d had a nightmare or was cold. He hadn’t had anything like that since coming to the Weyr, and he’d almost forgotten what it was like. Plus, it was nice to be the person being cuddled for once, since it was usually him doing the cuddling with his siblings. F’drel decided he’d stay there for as long as D’hys was willing to put up with it (he knew it’d get too uncomfortable eventually, and was perfectly happy to move then, but if it was still being offered he wasn’t moving yet).

“I don’t think you were the only Flight crasher, actually. There was at least one blue Halomirth didn’t recognize, and I’m pretty sure she knows everyone who lives here.” He rolled his eyes fondly at the thought of his dragon’s insistence on befriending every dragon in the Weyr. She hadn't succeeded yet, but she at least could identify nearly everyone, especially blues and fellow greens. Moving on to consider D’hys’ last question, F’drel tilted his head back a bit to get a better look at the man. Honestly, as far as his expectations for Miri’s first Flight went, this was actually going pretty well. Not one of the potential horror stories he’d thought up, in any case. And it’s not like he wasn’t used to having little choice in bed partners, even if he had more choice overall now that he was in the Weyr. Halomirth was happy and D’hys wasn’t being awful to him. So far, something of a win.

“Hmn,” F’drel finally said, “No complaints so far.”

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

"Was there? Admittedly, I was a bit too distracted to take note of everyone there. I'm sure we'll hear about him later." D'hys normally wouldn't pay that much attention to other entrants in a Flight but it might be worth noting in this case to see if the bluerider intentionally came to Ista for the Flight. It could change the whole dynamics of his game if there was a real love interest in play. Though, given it was a maiden Flight, it was likely mere coincidence, like his own being there was. Too bad; he hadn't wooed anyone away from their lover for a while.

Come to think of it, he hadn't been able to play all that many games for a while. He blamed R'nya for that. D'hys didn't know why he continued to associate with the bronzerider after their Wing was dissolved with the move North but he supposed it did give him a bit more freedom than other blueriders received. He helped keep R'nya's secrets and find out the ones that others had. It was fun in its own way and satisfying but he wondered if he should renegotiate with the bronzerider. So long as R'nya continued to avoid tossing his brats at him, D'hys was willing to work with quite a few terms. But first, he had a greenrider to handle.

"No complaints between the two of us? That's good to hear. I also appreciate not being kicked out of bed, so thank you for the warm reception. Maybe I can return the favour some time you're in Fort. I make an excellent stew that I might be willing to share with the right person." He smiled and shifted just enough to move his hand that was acting as a pillow and rest it across his stomach to see if F'drel would take it, poke at it, hell, even suck on his fingers. He wanted to gauge the greenrider's post-Flight mind. Was he simly affectionate and wanted as much physical contact as possible? Was he still a bit randy and could be tempted into more sex? Or was he too unsure of what was expected because it was his maiden Flight and he would stay where he was until D'hys initiated something? Still, he needed to know more about the man before moulding him into something fun to play with.

Pretending to only just now notice that they weren't covered up, D'hys glanced around and found the sheets on the floor. "Are you cold? I might be able to reach a sheet," he waved in the general direction of the item before setting his hand back down, "and not have to disturb either of us."

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel blinked for a moment at D’hys’ invitation before deciding to focus on his question about the sheet first. That was easier and required much less thinking. He shook his head gently, hair brushing against D’hys where F’drel lay against him.

“I’m fine as is, though if you want to pull a sheet up, go for it.” F’drel was generally a huge fan of blankets, but D’hys was actually pretty warm in addition to it being afternoon at Ista, so he wasn’t cold, and modesty had been thrown off the weyr ledge a long time ago. It seemed a little silly to start caring about it now.

Of course, now that he’d replied to the sheet question F’drel had something else think about. The bluerider had invited him to visit sometime, which meant ‘have sex with,’ right? ‘Returning the favor’ definitely implied sex. What the fuck did he mean by ‘right person’? What the fuck did he want?

You could visit him next time we have to wait around and I’m with my friends. Halomirth piped up drowsily. I can visit Zeianth and you can visit his rider. It would be nice, right? You have a new friend!

’I’m not sure ‘friends’ is exactly what he’s thinking of, love.’ F’drel thought at her, smiling softly. But you’re talking and getting along. That means you’re friends, doesn’t it? She asked, clearly puzzled. F’drel told her not to worry about it for now, to which Halomirth agreed and returned to her drowsy cuddling. F’drel started puzzling over D’hys’ comment again, but with the nagging feeling that something about Fort was important. A moment later he remembered.

The letter.

“Oh fucking—ughh.” He groaned, really not wanting to get up and go to another Weyr. “You just reminded me. We were supposed to take a letter to Fort before Miri decided to alter our schedule. Fuck.” F’drel grumbled. “I don’t want to do that now.” He bit his lip and looked up at D’hys, considering. A second later, decision made, he started carefully ghosting his fingers along the arm D’hys had around him.

“Can you think of a good reason to put off delivering it a bit longer?” F’drel asked quietly. He really didn’t feel like leaving his weyr for the rest of the day, especially not to deliver some brownrider’s letter.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Could he think of a good reason to put off going to Fort? That was a no brainer. Even his new green friend here could come up with a good reason that would make two naked men in bed together stay where they were and not go to Fort. Going to Fort was something he would eventually have to do as well but he wasn't on a time crunch and he doubted very much a letter given to a greenrider had a real urgency attached to it as well. If it did, the letter was likely swiped up by the sender during the victory sex to ensure it was sent off by someone else. If that were the case, D'hys imagined one of their dragons would have already been informed about such things so F'drel wouldn't worry about it.

"No, I'm fine. I usually sleep with only a sheet. I run hot," he mentioned absently, trying to work everything out. As it was, even with the light touch of fingers on his arm, D'hys truly wondered if that was what F'drel was after or if he was playing his own game to get something he wanted. The obvious solution, after all, was to give the letter to the bluerider that was from Fort and have him deliver it to the intended target. He really wasn't one to play messenger but if it earned a few points, then he could do it this one time.

"Honestly, this, us, is reason enough to delay. No one ever expects much after a Flight." Whether that was due to who won the Flight and their reputation for taking more or cuddling until they fell asleep or because they didn't expect much out of the greenrider after everything was said and done, several hours of downtime was often granted without question.

"However, I'm willing to partake in any other reason you can come up with just in case," D'hys grinned wickedly but didn't make a single move on F'drel. The new plan was to just wing it and see what the greenrider was all about. "Either way, I'll bring the letter back for you so you really don't have to worry about getting up."

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Hmn, that’s good then. I don’t think I can convince Halomirth to move for another few hours at least.” F’drel said, carefully rolling over a few inches to allow D’hys to free his arm, before stretching a bit and yawning. He didn’t want to get up himself, but he could have done it if he absolutely had to (if he felt it was actually important, anyway). Halomirth? Next to no chance. Lying here was much more fun than forcing himself to get ready to leave and convincing Miri to get up. No, he’d rather not. Lying naked with a stranger was, strangely, the more appealing option. F’drel propped his head up with one hand, watching D’hys as he kept talking.

At the offer to take the letter, F’drel smiled. “Thank you.” He murmured, and leaned in to leave a kiss on the corner of D’hys’ mouth before settling back down on the bed. F’drel was careful not to lie on top of the other man’s arm again, but he did tuck his head into the crook of D’hys’ neck. Once comfortable he started moving the hand that wasn’t curled up between their bodies along D’hys again, drawing aimless patterns against his skin. While F’drel blamed Halomirth for how affectionate he was being, it was at least partly because he was a bit touch starved and genuinely liked curling up with other people. Though for now he vehemently denied to himself that it was anything other than overflowing feelings from his dragon.

Still, F’drel was honestly surprised by how much this wasn’t sucking. He’d heard some horror stories of Flights, especially maiden Flights, and whatever was going on here was not anything like that. Shards, it was actually reasonably nice. D’hys was reasonably nice. Not that F’drel was totally sure of what the bluerider ultimately wanted after this, but he was nice. And F’drel was going to take whatever ‘nice’ he could get. He was hesitant about the implications D’hys had made about pursuing some sort of… of something going forward, but decided he wasn’t entirely opposed to the idea. It couldn’t hurt for a young, holdbred greenrider to have an established bluerider (or perhaps several, eventually) with an interest in him, F’drel figured. Worth exploring, in any case.

“How long were you thinking of staying?” F’drel asked eventually, words vibrating a bit with how close his face was to the other man.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys smiled at the words of gratitude and small kiss he received but inside, he was cringing. He hated kissing as much as he did cuddling. It was far too intimate for his liking, though he did consider himself to be a rather good kisser when he had to be. It was hard to prey upon the kind-hearted souls he liked to bed and ditch when he was bored if he didn’t give them the little acts of affection they seemed so fond of. So far, F’drel was being categorized as one that would want constant cuddling, cute little surprise kisses, and probably hand holding.

“You’re probably right about Halomirth,” D’hys gave a light but genuine laugh as he flexed his fingers on the arm that had been starting to fall asleep before F’drel moved. “Zeianth likes visiting with friends old and new and is likely curled up right beside her and happy to stay there as long as she is.” It was one of his dragon’s weak points. They got along, naturally, and understood each other perfectly but Zeianth had a weakness for the more gentle dragons and liked to protect them and stay close. Really, he couldn’t fault Zeianth in the end; after all, D’hys had abandoned his own sisters in the North during the plague to keep his dragon safe and held a high level of respect for dragons, even green ones, though a vast majority of their riders were questionable.

“I’m not required back at Fort right away,” D’hys shrugged the shoulder currently not being used by F’drel, not worried about making R’nya wait or about the letter he promised to deliver, “and assuming this is your home and not someone else’s we’ve taken over… how long were you thinking of letting me stay?” His voice was light and teasing but he was actually curious as well.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel laughed, “No, this is mine, I’m rather sure someone would have been making a racket by now if it were otherwise.” Besides, he could recognize his own bedroom. F’drel may not have had the place for a full turn yet, but he knew what it looked like, even out of it as he was.

“And,” He started, making a bit of a show of considering what he was going to say, “Seeing as we’ve established I’m free for the next few hours, I was planning on staying here. You’ve given me no reason to kick you out, so I suppose you can stay a while longer.” F’drel shrugged. “If you want to, anyway.” He meant to stay in his weyr long enough to get his thinking properly straightened out and less Flight dazed. Maybe nap a bit. Another possibility was breaking out the small bottle of wine he’d bought at the Gather with the marks the Weyrleader had given him. F’drel had figured it might be a good thing to have on hand for guests, and he had thought maybe he’d want to get a bit intoxicated if Miri’s first Flight had gone particularly poorly. Thankfully, he didn’t seem to need it for the latter purpose; He did have a guest though.

“I don’t think I have any food up here, if you want any, but I have water and a little wine, if you’d be interested in that.” F’drel offered. He thought for a second, trying to think of what else he had in his weyr. Not much, honestly. He hadn’t been there long, for one thing, and he hadn’t had many possessions to his name when he’d been Searched, for another. Pretty much the only things he owned were basic necessities, including clothes, a chair, and his pitcher for water and a few cups to go along with it. There were a few gifts for his siblings he’d picked up, but not much else. “Other than that, I think the only thing to do up here is me.” Which, as soon as he’d said it, F’drel realized sounded a lot more suggestive than the idea he’d meant to convey. Ah well, he thought to himself, smiling a bit sheepishly I suppose it’s not an inaccurate assessment. Guess I’ll see how it goes over.

ooc:
As I was editing this my roommate’s girlfriend asked ‘when are you going to kick me out?’ and my roommate said ‘whenever you want’ and I was amused by the coincidence.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

The little innocent greenrider was just serving himself up for the slaughter and D’hys almost laughed. Maybe he wouldn’t play to break the toy but simply break him in and have another informant that bartered in affection and sex. He’d have to see how the man was outside of lingering Flight lust. “If you’re on the menu, then I may have to indulge.” He ran a hand suggestively up and back down F’drel’s spine but didn’t go any further as it came to a rest on his hip.

“However, I could settle, for now, with a drink. I’ll even fetch us the drinks if you’re willing to go without me for a few minutes,” D’hys offered even as he slowly worked himself free from F’drel a moment later. Normally he wasn’t one to wait on anyone, especially a greenrider, but he was thirsty enough to do the job himself this time. Besides, it offered the chance to give F’drel a full view of what he had to offer.

Getting up, D’hys gave a quick stretch but made no attempt to find something to cover up in. He was extremely proud of his body and didn’t mind showing it off and wouldn’t have even flinched if someone walked into F’drel’s home while he walked around nude. “Stay in bed, F’drel,” he lightly ordered, waving off any incoming protests. “I’ll manage with finding everything that’s needed. Trust me, from what I’ve heard over the turns, you’ll need your rest. Flights tend to leave you sore in the most unexpected places.”

After a few minutes of rummaging around the rather bare weyr, D’hys settled on simply water. The wine wasn’t opened yet and since the man only had the one bottle, D’hys decided not to crack it open just yet, despite it having been offered up earlier. He returned to the bed, carefully sitting down, with his back propped up against the wall, and held a glass out to F’drel. “Shall we cheer to first Flights and new acquaintances?”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel shivered at the touch, and held his breath, trying to anticipate what D’hys would do next. To his surprise, the man got up to get drinks (of some sort), leaving F’drel alone in the bed. In response to the sudden minor chill, F’drel rolled over into the just vacated space, warm from just having had a body there. He internally struggled with the request to stay in bed; F’drel had no desire to get up yet, but he wasn’t overly fond of taking orders from strangers in his own weyr. Still, he chose to stay where he was, and keep an eye on his ‘guest.’

He watched D’hys carefully, not paying much attention to the man himself, instead keeping track of what he was doing. F’drel may not have much in his home, and certainly nothing to hide, but something about a stranger poking around didn’t sit right with him. The grimace he made was hopefully read as in response to the comment about being sore in weird places after Flights — which, thinking about it, only made him grimace more. Though, perhaps it made sense in a way. Halomirth had gotten tired flying, but he had no wings. Could it be phantom soreness from his dragon? Or it could just be a comment about sex. F’drel was too new to this to know.

When the other man returned to the bed and offered the cup of water, F’drel shifted to a sitting position before taking it and offering a quiet ‘thanks.’ He’d rather not risk spilling water all over his bed from trying to drink lying down. Cup in hand, he moved to lean back against the wall D’hys wasn’t already resting against (the perks of having the bed in the corner; he had his own wall). F’drel silently tapped it against the cup D’hys held, nodding at him but not saying anything. The first sip made him realize how thirsty he had been; F’drel hadn’t noticed his dry throat until the water was already there. Huh. Another interesting side effect of Flights. He took several more larger sips, enjoying the refreshing coolness, all the while keeping an eye on D’hys, waiting for a sign of what the bluerider was still here for.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

F’drel was surprisingly hard to peg down. He’d left openings with the light teasing but they weren’t taken. The greenrider was either very timid or just dense. He supposed he could just knock their cups aside and pin F’drel to the bed and show the man what he was interested in but D’hys decided that could wait until their next meeting. He’d leave the greenrider wanting more and questioning what he could have and what he might get the next time they met.

He tossed back the last of his water and glanced at F’drel. “Despite saying I didn’t need to rush, I suppose I should. I was on a task for the Weyrleader and I have a letter to deliver to him now as well, don’t I?” he smiled as he slipped out of bed, heading back to where he found the cup to return it, then moved on to the task of finding all of his clothing. The hunt for the right clothing was always a downside to Flights. When he was home and had a bit more time to prepare, D’hys sometimes removed layers or at least a favourite shirt before giving in and finding his prize. No sense in losing or ruining clothes if it could be avoided.

He chuckled lowly as he held up his pants to show the broken ties. “Seems one of us was a bit eager,” then he shrugged, knowing from experience that there was enough left of the ties to make it work and keep his pants on. Slowly he found everything that was his and set to dressing, not making a show of it but not pretending he was modest either.

Once dressed, he stood near F’drel and ran a finger down the side of the man’s neck. “Sorry about the mark,” it was practically D’hys’ calling card and he knew exactly where to look for it. With or without Flight lust, he preferred taking his lovers from behind as it didn’t require as much loving touches from the other person and he could avoid getting too intimate with them. He almost always bit them along the back of the neck and shoulder, claiming them in a way.

“Anyway, the right people will know to let you rest for the day, so take advantage of it,” D’hys sat on the corner of the bed to slip on and lace up his boots. He wouldn’t point out that the ‘right people’ would be past lovers that knew how exhausted and sore F’drel would be after being with him. But like he had said earlier, not much was expected out of the Flight couple for several hours, knowing how caught up in lust they’d be or dazed and messed up they’d be.

“And the offer stands. Visit me any time you’re in Fort,” D’hys got to his feet and was about to ask about the letter when he saw something sticking out of a pocket from an article of clothing on the floor. Scooping it up, he held it up for F’drel to see to get confirmation it was the right letter and he wasn’t about to give R’nya someone else’s shopping list or love letter.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

With a shrug F’drel finished the rest of the water in his cup, not exactly upset he’d get the next few hours to just sleep instead of trying to guess what D’hys was going to say or do next. He’d learned in the Hold that knowing what someone wanted and giving it as soon as possible was the best way to keep your head down and out of trouble, especially when you were the lowest rung on the social ladder like F’drel and his family were (and as he seemed destined to stay, though at least as a dragonrider he wasn’t lowest rank in the entire Weyr). Except D’hys was damnably hard to read and F’drel’s Flight addled brain was not helping in the slightest (the water and sitting up had helped though, his thoughts were faster and less influenced by Halomirth). The bluerider acted like he did and did not want more sex, or at least not any right then, but he wouldn’t commit to anything. He was used to men asking directly for things, or just taking them. Whatever this was didn’t fall within the rules F’drel was used to. At least D’hys leaving would save him the headache of trying to figure it out for the time being.

He made a note of where D’hys put the used cup, planning on washing it later. F’drel rather wanted to clean the entire weyr, actually. Get rid of any traces of other people —honestly, he didn’t even know how many people had been in the weyr— and this one in particular. Really, it didn’t bother F’drel on the cleanliness level. It was more about having control over his own home, and if that meant cleaning any physical traces of all the people who’d Chased from the place, so be it. So he made sure to track exactly what D’hys was coming into contact with in the room.

The comment about the pant ties was deliberately ignored, F’drel doing his best to keep his expression unresponsive. He’d had no control over his actions then, so he wasn’t going to feel bad about it. Or more importantly, embarrassed. F’drel did, however, tense a bit when D’hys walked back over to the bed and froze completely when the other man reached out to touch him. His arm twitched for a moment, though F’drel managed to keep himself from reaching out to touch the area in question (He’d have to find a mirror later, see how bad it was.). F’drel was not, however, capable of keeping down a snort of laughter and the comment that followed it at D’hys’ ‘apology’.

“No you’re not.” He said. F’drel had no doubts he was right; D’hys was hard to read, but this he could figure out with certainty. The man did not regret leaving visible marks on him in the slightest. What that meant, F’drel could only guess for now. When the letter was held up a few moments later, F’drel nodded.

“That’s it, yeah. Thank you for taking it.” He said honestly. “And I’m sure Halomirth will want to visit.” F’drel added, neither a promise nor a lie. Miri would almost certainly want to visit, that just didn’t mean they would. Or at least, F’drel could tell himself that, even if he had trouble saying no to his charming green, especially if she had her mind set on something.

And that was it. D’hys headed out to the dragon ledge, where Halomirth reluctantly uncurled from Zeianth to let the pair leave. F’drel sat where he was, perfectly still, listening with both his own ears and through Halomirth to the winners taking their leave. He let out a breath he hadn’t been consciously holding once he was sure they were gone, and hurled his now empty cup at the far wall.

“Fuck!” He exclaimed with a wince, several muscles protesting at the sudden use. F’drel glared at the cup, now rolling around on the floor from the momentum of the throw, as if blaming it for the soreness. With a soft huff he got up from the bed, searching around for his pants. Looks like I wasn’t the only eager one. F’drel thought spitefully as he found them, before pulling them on anyway. He spent the next few minutes rounding up all the pillows and blankets, bundling them all in his arms before walking out to Halomirth. Without a word F’drel made a small nest along her side, stroking her neck fondly before curling up in the pile of softness.

’I’m staying here for a while. Tell anyone who comes by to fuck off.’ He thought tiredly, as he rested against her warm side and pulled one of the blankets tight around his shoulders. Halomirth churred quietly and spread her wing out to cover him, laying her head down to keep her rider in her sight as he fell back asleep.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)