World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 738.12.20 | Gift of Encouragement
2 PM | Nerreh

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Written By: DeeStar
Telgar. Not a place the goldrider often had a reason to go to, but this was a special occasion. Says you 'Oh hush. It will do you could to see other places as much as me. Besides, how else are we to know what is going on elsewhere?' She could almost imagine Nadioth rolling her eyes at her, but she was amused no less.

It was nearly Turn's End and she still had a few select gifts to give out. She had already given K'ton and Evritt gifts, as well as gifts to those around the weyr that she knew well enough to actually want to give gifts to. The other gifts could wait, but this particular gift had to be delivered sooner, rather than later. She smiled as she secured her pack to the straps behind her. She would not want the pack coming loose, or opening in flight, it was far too important, at least to her. She finished strapping herself in then gave Nadioth a gentle pat. 'Ready?', she asked. Oh, I suppose., the gold responded with an air of boredom that she didn't entirely feel. She didn't mind going anywhere really, as long as her rider was happy then, of course, she was happy.

A few minutes later they were in the air and rising above the weyrbowl. They had informed Ameris where they were going and why just in case she was needed for anything, the weyrwoman would know where to find her. She had, of course, let K'ton know as well so that he wasn't worried about her being missing. A bugle was given to the watch dragon as Vee pulled her riding coat a little tighter. A moment later they were Between and a few breaths later they were in the sky over Telgar. Nadioth greeted the watch dragon and angled over the bowl, making her decent rather lazily as she surveyed the area available to land in.

Once they landed Vee had Nadioth speak to Okalinath and before she did anything else she went to greet the weyrwoman. A short while later the formalities were out of the way and Vee was retrieving her pack from Nadioth's back. You won't be gone long will you? No, love. Not too long anyway. Go and find yourself a sunny spot to lay for a while. I just might, nadioth told her as she dipped her head down to consider her rider with a whirling blue eye. Vee smiled at her and gave her eye ridge a good scratch before she went in search of Nerreh and her dragon went off to fund a patch of sun or some dragon to amuse herself within her riders absence.

It took her little time to fine Nerreh, although she had to wait for her lesson to be finished for the day before she could bother her. "Nerreh!", she called to her cheerfully once the candidates were released from their lesson and leaving the Candidatemaster behind. She gave the boyish girl a smile and waved as she came closer. She got a few looks from other candidates or weyrfolk who were probably wondering was she was doing there and why she was bothering one of their candidates. Not that it was any of their business of course.

"Have you got a moment for me? I promise I won't keep you long enough to get in trouble if you have to be somewhere." She was smiling still as she shifted her pack from one shoulder to the other. It wasn't heavy really, but it did have some weight to it. She was excited to give the gift and hope the would be dragonrider before her would like it.

@"Nerreh"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Lessons were a bore. Nerreh had the dubious double privilege of being weyrbred and (unfortunately) a girl. She’d grown up around dragons, and had been helping her grandfather bathe his brown as far back as she could remember. He’d taught her all about caring for dragons as she grew up, so she’d already had most of the lessons including hands on experience. Second, girls weren’t allowed to Stand until seventeen turns, while boys could at fourteen. Meaning all her childhood friends had been through Candidate lessons and had felt a need to tell her all the details. So now, Nerreh had to attend her own Candidate classes and learn information she’d already been taught once, if not twice, already.

Boring.

Honestly, the effort it took to stay awake was enormous. B’jin wasn’t saying anything she didn’t know, and the only entertainment came from the weird questions Candidates who’d been Searched sometimes asked (and whenever the ‘here’s how sex works in the Weyr’ lesson came around, that always gave a good laugh. The looks on the prim holdbred faces!). Unfortunately, nothing interesting had happened that day. Something on weyr hierarchies. Yawn. Nerreh knew it all. She’d gotten scolded for her lack of attention before, being told that she’d miss something important she’d need someday, but with the know-it-all arrogance of youth she ignored the advice. The half-awake stupor Nerreh had fallen into that particular day wasn’t even fully ended by being dismissed, and she barely heard her name being called. Blinking and shaking her head to clear the daze, Nerreh looked up at the smiling Vaeyla.

Vaeyla? At Telgar? Now this was interesting, and the last vestiges of boredom disappeared as Nerreh returned the smile.

“Vee! It’s been ages!” Nerreh said, moving to stand by the goldrider. “Of course I’ve got a moment.” She said, not even sparing a thought for her schedule. If there was anything actually important to do, she would have remembered it. Chores didn’t count, obviously.

“What’s up?” She asked, curious.

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Vee had to stop herself from bouncing on the balls of her feet as Nerrah made her way over to her through the somewhat crowd of recently dismissed candidates. She did NOT miss that at all, though the classes themselves had never really been dull to her, they were repetitive after so many Turns standing and waiting.

Was I not worth the wait?, Nadioth inquired, picking up on her riders thoughts. Of course you were! I am sorry, love. Sometimes I can't help but think about it. Well stop. I am here and you will never have to wait for me again. As snippy as the gold's tone had been it had come accompanied by a rush of warmth and love that filled Vee's heart. I love you too, you bossy thing. She received the feeling of deep amusement but Nadioth went back to entertaining herself with an amusing little blue who was beside himself because she had chosen to lay beside him.

"It has been ages, hasn't it?", she agreed with the faintest of pouts. Being a Jr. Weyrwoman had its perks, sure, but she did miss the few friends she had made that she had left behind. She could practically feel her dragon giving her the equivalent of a look of boredom, even though she was nowhere near her. I am allowed to miss people you pest., she fussed at her with great amusement. You have me. You do not need to miss anyone else. Except for Evritt. The gold always allowed her rider to love her son without exception, though she was sometimes loath to do so. And? Nadioth snorted in her mind. Fine...him too. But not as much. I am far more important. Vee would have laughed out loud at the brief exchange had she not been trying to start, and maintain, a conversation with Nerrah.

Her attention back to the girl before her she gave her a cheerful smile. "Oh, good!" She looked around briefly and spotted a couple of rocks that would work as makeshift seats. Out of the way, for the most part, but still in the sun. She nodded toward the rocks with a grin. "Come on, let's sit for a bit." Once they were seated she couldn't stand it anymore and offered the pack to Nerrah. "Now, don't get too excited, but I had this made for you. For Turn's End.", she told her, dark eyes shining with amusement. The pack wasn't overly heavy but did have some weight to it. Inside the pack, she would find a custom-made flight jacket and a matching set of gloves. She might have had someone filch something of hers to get the proper measurements for both at some point. Just maybe.

Vee waited as patiently as she could for Nerrah to open the pack, hoping she would appreciate the gift.

@"Nerreh"

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

Nerreh followed Vaeyla over to the rocks, curiosity increasing. She sat down, one leg bent with the foot flat against the rock to create a platform she could rest her arm against as she watched Vee seat herself. Nerreh's eyebrows rose at her friend's explanations. "A Turn's End gift?" She asked as she took the pack, wondering what would prompt Vee to bring a gift. They were friends, sure, but they hadn't seen each other in a good while, so it was a bit unexpected. All of her questions were forgotten the moment she saw what had been brought for her.

"Oh, wow!" Nerreh exclaimed as she pulled out the jacket. "This is awesome, Vee!" She quickly slipped the jacket on, carefully fastening it closed before glancing back at the pack and realizing there were gloves in there too. Nerreh grabbed those and put them on too, flexing her fingers and turning her hands back and forth to check the fit. Definitely a good size for gloves, if a bit stiff, but that seemed to be a new leather thing. But if it was new leather, then...

"Vee, are these brand new?" Nerreh asked, slightly stunned. Most of her clothes were hand-me-downs from other weyrbrats, and she very rarely got a brand new anything. To have a flight jacket and gloves of her very own that hadn't been worn down by someone else first? How cool. "What'd'ya think?" She asked Vee, posing a little and grinning wildly. A beat later, and a new thought struck her.

"Vee, are you really sure I'll need these?" Nerreh asked, bravado suddenly diminished at the thought she many never truly need such a wonderful gift or get to put it to proper use. She may act confident that she'd Impress, but aging out was still something Nerreh feared.

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Vee's eyes shone with continued amusement at her friend's question and expression. She nodded at Nerrah, smiling brightly. "Mmhmm!", was all she answered as the pack was handed over. Her smile grew wide and she laughed just a bit when Nerrah finally opened the pack to see what waited inside for her.

You are ridiculous., Nadioth told her as she watched the scene through her rider's mind. She never understood why humans became so excited about things like clothing or food. 'Yes, but you love me anyway and you like Nerrah too. She could almost hear her dragon snort as she answered, Not the point and who says I like her? She did of course, but again, that was not the point. You said so yourself, and yes, it is the point., Vee told the fussy gold with amusement in her mind. Nadioth didn't respond, as was usual when she didn't like the turn of a conversation, even a silly one.

Vaeyla watched at Nerrah put both the jacket and gloves on. Seeing her fasten the jacket made her extra happy because it meant she had got the sizing correct. "Oh good, they do fit!.", she said cheerfully, clearly pleased and amused at the reaction the gift was receiving.

To her question of the items being new, Vee couldn't help but grin at the girl. "Of course they are, silly! No friend of mine gets a second-hand Turn's End gift! Don't tell Nadioth I said so, but she'd have scolded me for an entire Turn, every time she remembered if I thought to do something so shameful." You have no idea., the gold responded lazily to them both, which made Vee laugh even more. "I think you look great, of course! Those will come in handy soon enough I'm sure."

She gave her friend a more somber, kind smile as she knew the girl's fears as well as she had known her own. She had nearly let her own overcome her, thank Faranth she had had K'ton for all those Turns or she might have completely given up and not found Nadioth. Don't be absurd, I'd have found you., Nadioth told her with a rush of love and adoration that nearly made the woman cry. She took a deep breath, gave her love back to Nadioth as she pulled herself from sad memories. "I am absolutely positive that you will need them. We've got golds flying all over now, and Nadioth will fly soon too. You'd best be on the sands for her eggs or we'll be very hurt.", she told the girl with another smile. I expect only the best candidates for my eggs. You'd do well to remember that and attend, should I choose to grace you all with any hatchlings at all., the gold chimed in with an air of superiority, again choosing to include Nerrah in her comment, which was quite unlike her. "Hmm...she really does like you.", she told Nerrah with a wink.

"I understand your fears all too well. Don't let it consume you like I did. Your dragon will come, just as my Nadioth did.", she told her, doing her best to be encouraging. K'ton was much better at that than she was she feared. But she wasn't above sending he brownrider to cheer up her friend if she had to, though he might not appreciate it he would be repaid for the kindness. She was sure he'd make sure of it! "Still want a fighting dragon?", she asked her lightly, trying to bring the girl back to a happier place.

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

When Nadioth’s thoughts touched hers Nerreh grinned at Vaeyla excitedly. Sure, Nerreh had spoken with plenty of dragons in her life — came with being a weyrbrat with lots of close dragonriding family. She’d lived with her mother, siblings, and grandfather until she’d moved to the Candidate barracks, so she’d talked to her grandfather’s chatty brown plenty. Her uncle’s dragon spoke to her, and she had a few cousins around whose dragons she’d talked to before. None of them were golds though, not a single shiny hide Impressed in her family, so having a gold speak to her directly was pretty damn cool.

“Of course I’ll be there!” She said immediately upon Vee’s request, pausing a moment later as Nadioth spoke to her — again! Wait, was Nadioth calling her one of the best Candidates? Nerreh took a moment to think through the gold’s words again, checking the meaning. Oh, Faranth, that was almost certainly what she meant. She turned wide eyed to Vaeyla and nodded wordlessly at her comment confirming that Nadioth did indeed like her.

“Yeah, I mean, I guess.” She said quietly. Nerreh knew she had over ten turns in which to Impress a dragon, and it was pretty likely considering her family’s record of dragonriders, but still. “I just hope it’s sooner rather than later, you know?” Nerreh admitted. Cause waiting sucked and being free of it would be great. “And yeah, I’d like a fighting dragon, but like, I guess I wouldn’t say no if a gold decided to claim me, you know? It just doesn’t really seem to fit me, I dunno.” It was so hard for her to articulate why, but the idea of being a gold rider was just weird. It sat wrong on her shoulders, like a too tight jacket that limited her movement, hampered her breathing, nothing like the gift Vee had given her. Nerreh didn’t lie, if she Impressed a gold dragon, she Impressed a gold dragon, it just felt… wrong.

“But hey,” She said, shaking off her thoughts and smiling again, “At least any Clutch Nadioth has will be at Ista, so I can always stand for it.” Because M’ris was a reasonable human being and let women stand even if there wasn’t a gold egg. Honestly, did the other Weyrleaders want dead hatchlings? “No matter what I can be there, so Nadioth doesn’t have to worry something like rules will keep me from Standing.” Nerreh gave Vaeyla a smile. “I’d definitely be there for you both anyway, even if I wasn’t allowed to Stand, you know.”

Vaeyla
of Gold Nadioth

Date of Birth
10.06.712, 33
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Toned, Slender
Hair
Medium brown

Threads

Vee was glad to see that Nadioth's surprise commentary seemed to excite her friend. It wasn't often that her beloved spoke to anyone but her, so it was often a little surprising to her as well. Vee gave Nerreh a cheerful smile when she agreed to be at Nadioth's hatching, whenever it came around. It was all Vee could do to not bust with amusement at both her dragon's high and mighty demands and the look on Nerreh's face. She managed to contain herself with a gentle chuckle as she winked at the girl. "Of course we want the best and we're both in agreement on you being one of the best. Of course, she might be just a little biased, but who cared!

She gave Nerreh a smile and a nod. "I am sure you will Impress the perfect dragon, regardless of color. Just don't over think it and don't lose hope. That part is hard after so many hatchings go by, but I am sure you won't have the same troubles I did." She gave a little shrug and a smile as she felt Nadioth flood her with love. "I can only imagine the time you would have with a gold dragon", she said with a teasing tone. Nerreh had a lot of tomboy traits, most golds she knew did not. What is a tomboy? Oh boy... I will explain it to you later, love. If dragons could narrow their eyes she knew Nadioth would go out of her way to come back to her, just to do it. You could just tell me now. Yes but then you wouldn't enjoy your company half as much, nor would I. Later. Nadioth huffed and Vee shook her head at the dragon she couldn't see then turned her full attention back to Nerreh. Where was she? Oh, yes. Hatchlings and Impressions. "Anyway, if there is a gold hatchling that chooses you, there is a good reason and I know you would be the best rider no matter the color dragon. Remember, the dragon chooses and they are very rarely wrong.", she told her with her very best positive tone and smile.

Vee laughed a little at her next comment but nodded her head. "That is very true. A little surprising but welcome all the same. I am lucky to be part of Ista I think." She gave another cheerful smile and nodded. "Yes! And I won't have to worry about her having a fit because you won't be on the sands!", she added with a laugh, which Nadioth was not amused by but thankfully didn't comment. "So, what else do you have to do today? I truly don't want to keep you from anything important. I know all too well how candidatemasters can be."

@"Nerreh"

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

Nerreh nodded, listening to Vaeyla’s advice, even if she wasn’t sure how easy a time she’d have not overthinking things, but whatever. She did trust Vee and what she was saying, just. Staying hopeful was hard sometimes. The comment about her on gold did make Nerreh grin.

“Me and a gold would be such terrors, honestly. We’d either be butting heads with each other all the time or be an absolute nightmare to everyone else. Or both.” Would still be a little more responsibility than she really wanted, being a goldrider. They’d probably try even harder to get her to wear skirts. Ugh. No, the shiny hide was more trouble than Nerreh wanted to get into.

She shrugged nonchalantly at the question about what she had to do. “Dunno. Nothing important, I don’t think. No chores for a bit, at least. You doing anything? How’s Evritt? You should bring him to visit sometime. I bet Noleh would like to see him.” Her little brother and Vaeyla’s son were the same age, and had spent a lot of time together in the creche back in Katila. They were also the main reason Nerreh had gotten to know Vaeyla. She smiled at the goldrider. “I’m free if you wanna hang out or anything, if you’re not too cool to hang out with a Candidate these days.” Nerreh teased, knowing Vaeyla didn’t think like that, then bit her lip for a second before leaning in to hug her friend.

“Thanks again, Vee,” she mumbled, referring to more than just the Turn’s End gift. Having a friend who believed in her and supported what she wanted was nice, especially when they were a proper adult; friends her own age supporting her was great, but there was something extra about it coming from someone with more experience and who was less, well, less a teenager.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)