World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 738.12.23 | Lonesome Escape
6 AM | Open!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
The screeches, roars and bellows of randy greens were not a sound that caused notice or interest to Casa, and indeed, coupled with the early hour, she did no more than roll over and snuggle back down into her blankets. Sighing softly and planning to enjoy another several hours of good sleep and sweet dreams, when she realised – with great disgust – that Thallyath was peering over the edge of the weyr with deep curiosity. Would you go back to sleep. You’ve seen green flights before, Casa grumbled, poking her dragon mentally with irritation. It is not a green, Thallyath responded, her tone curious as her emotions, It is Nadioth.

It took Casa a disgusting amount of time – and another dragon’s echoing bellow – to realise that Nadioth was a gold dragon. Thallyath was a gold dragon. Gold dragons couldn’t share sky space. Casa fell out of bed in her sudden flurry to vacate the comfortable mass of blankets, bumping her elbow sharply on her bedside table and crying out in pain. Scrabbling to her feet, Casa dashed around madly, throwing on pants and a shirt (both of which were rumpled and worn) and shoved her feet into boots. “Thally!” She cried, as there was a loud round of knocks on her door. “We’re going! We’re going!” She cried, not bothering to answer it, as she threw her riding leathers on her confused dragon. Whatever is the fuss? I want to watch! “You can’t!” Casa gasped, scrambling onto her dragon. “We have to leave!”

Thallyath leaped from the edge of the weyr, rising swiftly into the pre-dawn air – still intently watching the feasting gold and the milling male dragons – before she was forced to pay attention to Casa as the girl gave instructions for… Benden Weyr? It’s empty! Exactly! Casa replied, as Thallyath took them between with a woosh of cold air. I don’t know the routine of the other golds in the other Weyrs, Casa admitted. Usually, Thallyath would have scolded her for not being informed, but the young gold dragon was too confused, her quizzical poke for Casa to explain giving her away.

“You can’t be around a gold dragon when she Flies, love,” Casa explained, sliding off Thallyath after the young gold landed in the empty Weyrbowl. “You might be prompted to Fly too…” Casa fell off, as if that explained everything.

I don’t understand. Thallyath frowned. Why can I not Fly if I want to?

“Can you see yourself sharing the bronzes with Nadioth?” Casa replied dryly, raising an eyebrow, staring at her dragon. “What if they chased her instead of you?”

Thallyath snorted, they wouldn’t dare.

“That is exactly why golds can’t Fly at the same time, in the same sky. And since I don’t know the routine of the golds at Fort and Telgar, we had to come here.” Casa cringed as Thallayth took that opportunity to scold her rider for not being up to date on all the important information she should be, and grumbled to herself as she peered around the empty Weyr. Casa sighed, wondering how long Nadioth’s flight would take, and how she’d find out it had finished. She hadn’t thought to tell anyone where she was going. Thallayth took that opportunity to scold her further, and Casa flopped onto the ground with a groan.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The screech of dragons joining a Flight was what woke T’ryn, not the lust of his dragon. That wasn’t even something he registered at first as he came to consciousness and tried to figure out which green decided to be obnoxious this time with the early wake up call. It’s a gold, not a green. It took a moment, but his dragon’s softly spoken explanation finally penetrated his groggy mind and T’ryn slowly sat up and looked in the direction of where his dragon was also sitting, though he couldn’t see the great beast.

“Are… you’re… Sy…” T’ryn didn’t know how to express himself or ask the question that was repeating through his head. Actually, there were two questions but neither one seemed able to form on his tongue. Luckily, Syrendryth was attentive enough to catch the questions in his mind and he heard his dragon shift, almost as if he was also uncomfortable despite him being one of the most confident males – dragon or human – he knew.

It’s Nadioth and while I’d like to chase… you aren’t ready yet.

T’ryn was having a hard time pegging down one specific emotion to feel. He was relieved and it scared that it was Nadioth and not, for example, Thallyath, which also disappointed him a bit. Her blonde rider was cute and much closer to his age. He was also confused over why whether or not he was ready mattered. He was already dressed for bed so he was pretty much dressed for a Flight. Why wouldn’t he be ready?

Oh.

“You mean I’m not ready for flights.” That was true. Who was? He could only imagine what it must be like to be a rider of a female dragon and how intense that fear would be. T’ryn was certain he’d be ready for flights once he, well, once he took care of that pesky virginity issue that seemed to be such a big deal in Weyrs.

T’ryn debated going back to bed but he could feel Syrendryth’s lust coming through their bond, despite how much the dragon was trying to dampen it. In that moment, T’ryn felt beyond loved. His dragon wanted to chase but he didn’t dare because his rider was a mess and not ready for such an event yet.

Making up his mind, T’ryn jumped out of bed and quickly tossed on clothes and then his riding leathers. When he met up with Syrendryth a few minutes later, he gave the bronze a hug and then set about getting the riding gear in place.

Ten minutes later and they were ready to go, though they waited on their ledge until Nadioth had led her admirers a bit further away from them. T’ryn didn’t want to risk getting caught up in the chase nor did he want Nadioth to think they were after her and get them injured in the process.

They had agreed to head up to the Benden area where his aunt lived but it was far too early for an unannounced visit so they’d kill some time exploring. T’ryn didn’t want to admit it to anyone, not even N’mor even though they were partners in a lot of crimes, but he wanted to see Benden Weyr. The closed Weyrs were off limits but he had been slowly making his way closer, exploring the land and taking in the sights. His dad had lived in that Weyr before the plague, even if it was for less than a year, but T’ryn wanted to know more about it. It was a part of his family’s history!

Since it was so early, they decided to beeline right to the Weyr with the idea they’d just circle around the edges but not land. At least, that was the plan before they both spotted a familiar golden hide. “Is that Thallyath? Is she okay? Where’s Casa?” T’ryn started to worry that something must have happened if the golden pair had landed inside the Weyr and it didn’t alleviate when they started to circle lower and he spotted Casa flopped on the ground.

The girl is likely fine. Thallyath would be having a fit if she wasn’t. But I’ll land if it’ll make you feel better. T’ryn patted his dragon in thanks and barely waited for him to land before sliding down his side.

“Casa! Are you okay? What are you doing here?” T’ryn knelt beside her and resisted the urge to check her forehead for a fever. He settled for visibly taking in her appearance for any sign of an injury. He started to worry that perhaps they got caught up in the Flight when they tried to leave and he glanced at Thallyath for any sign she was hurt or angry.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Both Casa and Thallyath startled visibly when Syrendryth landed nearby, the usually observant dragon being too busy hassling her rider to take note of their company, and Casa dramatically replying, one arm thrown across her eyes so she didn't actually see company arrive, only heard the soft flomp of a dragon landing followed by the sudden sound of a barrage of questions from a familiar voice. Casa dropped her arm, sitting up so fast she very nearly hit her head with T'ryn's, barely managing to stop inches from his face. She blinked at him with wide eyes.

“Um, hi,” she said, leaning back a bit to put a better distance between them and collecting her legs up under herself, folding them to one side in a way that had Thallyath humming quietly in approval. Casa ignored her, frowning up at T'ryn. “I'm fine,” she offered, confused by the question. “Oh,” his second question came forward in her mind, and she smiled but also blushed. “We had to leave the Weyr, because of Nadioth, but I don't know the routine of the other golds in Telgar and Fort, so I didn't want to go there in case we went from one Flight to another. So we went here, I guess,” she looked around and then back at T'ryn. She shrugged. “Probably we should have gone to Katila, but I guess we weren't thinking much.” Thallyath snorted loudly, and Casa tossed her a dirty look.

Turning back to T'ryn, Casa smiled teasingly, “Didn't Syrendryth want to chase?”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn froze when Casa suddenly sat up and nearly knocked heads with him. His eyes went wide at her close proximity and let out the breath he had been holding when she leaned back. He shot a look at his dragon, deciding his rapid heartbeat was a combination of worry over the goldrider and the residual lust from Syrendryth. That has nothing to do with me now that we’re out in the fresh air and away from her pheromones.

Do you always have to be so practical?

Yes.

T’ryn let go of the impending argument and turned a relieved smile on Casa when he heard she was fine and why they had chosen to go to Benden. He knew goldriders had to leave when another took to the sky but he had never really thought about where they would go. It made sense to go to one of the empty Weyrs to ensure maximum space was provided. What if they chose a nearby Hold and that still wasn’t far enough away to appease the gold in her Flight? He nodded his agreement that Katila was probably the best choice, especially since retired dragonriders were there and would know what to do in case of an emergency and to simply entertain the currently exiled golden pairs.

“Eh?” Once more blue eyes went wide as the questioning was turned back around on him. He rocked back on his heels until his butt connected heavily with the ground. As he crossed his legs under him, T’ryn still didn’t know the best way to answer that question and rubbed at the back of his neck even as a faint blush rose in his cheeks. “Well… yes, he did but,” he glanced again at Syrendryth, looking for some assistance but his dragon simply sat primly, taking in the ladies and almost daring them to say something negative about their choices.

“Oh, all right. It would have been our first Flight and we came to the decision it would be better to leave than to partake and my aunt lives in this region but it’s too early to visit and I’ve wanted to see Benden Weyr and well… yeah,” T’ryn realized he was starting to ramble thanks to how flustered he suddenly was. With any luck, Casa would latch onto that instead of figuring out that he was still a virgin. He still readied himself for a burst of giggles at his expense though.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa giggled when T'ryn flopped back onto his rear, her smile teasing and bright, green eyes sparkling in amusement at his motion. It wasn't every day she got to get such an extreme response out of anyone but Thallyath, and the golden dragon wasn't inclined to physically display her shock at something Casa said or did – no, she much preferred to give Casa a headache! Casa blinked when T'ryn answered, apparently looking to his dragon for help. She frowned, her cheerful expression fading away behind the furrowed eyebrows and she tilted her head.

“Oh,” she replied, flushing slightly and dropping her gaze to her knees. It didn't take a genius to figure out what it was that T'ryn wasn't saying. Casa wrung her fingers together and grimaced, looking up when her bronze companion finally came to a faltering end of his ramble. “I guess it is weird, us being Weyrbrats and not being... flighty.” Her nose was still scrunched up as she looked up to meat T'ryn's eyes. The Weyrwoman – especially the mentor – had really been pushing her to get some experience before Thallyath decided to Fly. Casa wanted to, but she also, well, there just wasn't anyone that took her fancy. Not after her childhood crush had died in the landslide... Faranth knows she couldn't bear the thought of that kind of pain again, to lose someone so close and special.

It doesn't need to be someone special, Thallyath put in primly, tilting her head to look at Casa with a single judgemental eye. He simply needs to be proper. Respectable. Worthy. Of course, in the dragon's opinion, that didn't leave a very big pool of candidates. Part of why she insisted she hadn't taken to the sky yet; there simply wasn't anyone good enough to catch her. Casa rolled her eyes, threw a dirty look at her dragon, but didn't elaborate to T'ryn. “You have an aunt around here?” she asked instead, eyebrows arching curiously.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn wasn’t sure what surprised him more—that Casa didn’t laugh at him or that she admitted that she was also lacking in the flight count. He wouldn’t have said it aloud, but he would have bet she wasn’t a virgin. She was pretty and got along with everyone, so it stood to reason that she had had at least one boyfriend and got a bit intimate with him. Then again, maybe she had had boyfriends but just didn’t see the interest in flights.

Syrendryth sighed and replied dryly to T’ryn’s internal babbling, I don’t know… I think she’s still flighty. T’ryn bit his lower lip to keep from laughing and drawing attention to the judgemental comments of his dragon.

Thankfully, Casa didn’t seem to notice and took an interest in his aunt, which T’ryn gladly latched onto in a bid to help change the subject. “I do! She’s R’nd’s older sister and she’s amazing. She’s so cool and I can see why my dad idolizes her and I think even B’jin does too,” T’ryn laughed softly as he thought about the way the greenrider seemed to hang onto her every word and indulged her with stories and well-timed questions. “I have some cousins through her as well but I’m not as fond of them. It’s also where my youngest half-brother lives. R’nd arranged for Benden and his mom to stay with Aunt Eridella. Volfetti never took to the Weyr life,” and apparently her family from before being kidnapped to the South had moved on without her and she had nowhere else to go. He was so proud of the family he came from with their desire to always help everyone they could.

Then again, “I also have an uncle. He’s the lord of the family sea hold now. We don’t see him much since he’s not a fan of dragonriders and dad doesn’t seem to be a huge fan of his either. It’s a gorgeous place though! It must have been hard for dad to give it up but I can totally understand the allure of dragons.” A wistful look appeared as T’ryn thought about the seaside home, and wondered, not for the first time, what it would have been like to grow up in such a place.

“Maybe I can take you to both sometime! My aunt would love to meet you and we could just fly over my uncle’s, since I think it’s prettier from above anyway.”

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa listened with wide eyes as T’ryn babbled about his extended family. She didn’t have a lot of family… any family, really. Well, that wasn’t really true – her blueriding father had claimed her when she was a child and she had half siblings by the man floating around, but she didn’t have any family like T’ryn did! She didn’t have amazing aunts and unpleasant cousins. Casa shook off her thoughts and nodded in understanding when Volfetti came up. The woman was practically a legend among the population from Katila, what with how she’d tried to escape and how she’d hated every moment of Katila, and how she’d named her son Benden, and then opened the flood gate for women and children to come to R’nd to claim him as a parent. She giggled. “Poor R’nd,” she tittered, imagining the kind of things Volfetti might inform his sister about him.

If her eyes hadn’t already been so wide, they would have widened more at the announcement that T’ryn’s uncle was a Lord, though it sounded like he was a minor one, he was still a Lord! To a country bumpkin like Casa, that sounded as awe-inspiring to her as many holder folk found the idea of Impressing to a gold dragon. She licked her lips, and tilted her head. “That’s so cool!” Even if he did not like him, or get along with him, it was still cool! She smiled teasingly, “Look at you! Bronzerider, Lordling nephew,” she stuck her tongue out with good nature and giggled.

“Oh! I’d like that!” Casa breathed out the words, not much above a whisper, looking awestruck at the idea. Thallyath couldn’t even bitch about it, because it was part of her requirement as a goldrider to be aware of the land and layout of Pern, even if the part in question wasn’t in her own region; she could end up in any Weyr at any point in time! It was good to know the layout of the world she lived in! Casa beamed, pleased with the argument she had come up with before Thallyath could even dash her hope.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn laughed but blushed under the playful teasing. He was never the one who wanted to draw attention to himself, which was probably why he also didn’t want to aim for Weyrleader. Wingleader was more than enough rank and attention for him and it’d be easier for him to pass everything off to his Second if he ever wanted to escape from it for a short time. But to have it pointed out that he was a bronzerider and technically in line to inherit a Hold if about ten or so people suddenly died made it stand out all the more that he was kind of privileged in the eyes of both Weyrfolk and Holders. “I don’t think I’m that special. But maybe I should start sucking up to my lordling cousins for potential future diplomatic situations.”

That actually was something to consider. One day, he liked to think, there would be enough dragons to populate all of the Weyrs once more and Benden would need a leader. Maybe N’mor would get it and T’ryn knew he’d follow instantly given they were best friends and connected in so many ways he didn’t even think he could explain if someone asked. But he would have family connections that could help them out upon getting the Weyr set up and if they ever had a rough winter. It really was something to consider, though he vaguely wondered if that was also horrible of him to strengthen such bonds for such reasons. He’d have to ask some of the older and wiser riders about it. The ex-riders would know given some of them used to be Weyrleaders.

At Casa’s excitement to see his extended homes, T’ryn let go of some of his thoughts and worries and smiled brightly. “Awesome! I’ll let you know the next time I’m invited and allowed to bring someone. I can’t wait to show you some of the cool spots I found near my uncle’s. One overlooks the ocean and you can watch the sunset over it! Another one overlooks the Hold and you can watch everyone go about their business. It’s like peeking into their lives without them adjusting to your presence and acting differently.” People-watching was a great activity though he wondered if it would actually be something Casa would like, but with two of them hanging out on the ledges no one else could reach without a dragon, he was certain they’d still have fun talking or maybe stealing a nap in the sun.

“Oh! One sec,” he had been so worried about her when they first landed and then caught up in talking, that T’ryn forgot he had actually brought provisions for his morning adventure. He doubted Casa would have had time to pack like he did given she had more reason to leave as quickly as possible and decided if they were going to hang out together until it seemed safe enough to go home, then he could share. After retrieving his bag from Syrendryth, T’ryn pulled out a skein of water, a couple of apples, and a few pieces of bread leftover from the previous night. It wasn’t much but he hadn’t been planning to feed an army. “It’s just water and the food is nothing all that fancy, but help yourself if you’re hungry. I figure we should wait two, maybe three hours for the Flight to end and everything to settle down again.”

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa giggled, “You never know when that could be useful!” she agreed, amused at the idea of a bronzerider sucking up to anyone, especially T’ryn. She had always imagined him to be rather stoic, really, like his friend N’mor. Those two were about as inseparable as a Hatchling from its first feed, and it was definitely hard to imagine N’mor sucking up to anyone, or anything. Despite the fact that their dragons all came from the same clutch, Casa felt like she really didn’t know any of the men who had Impressed at the same time she had. She blamed that on Thallyath being gold; most of her lessons had been spent with the other goldriders, and then she’d been further isolated when everyone moved North and she and Thallyath had yet to learn how to between. Being a goldrider had some serious drawbacks! Why couldn’t Thallyath have been green?!

Because green just isn’t my shade, dear. He’s speaking again.

Casa blinked and looked back to T’ryn as he took up talking again, babbling on excitedly about his home and the placed he could show her. “That sounds fun!” Casa grinned, delighted by the pictures he’d painted and the ideas he had planted in her mind. It would be getting Thallyath to go along that would the challenge. Casa threw her dragon a sly look. Then again, if she insisted on being a pain in the rear, Casa could always hitch a ride cuddled up behind T’ryn on his big strong bronze… Thallyath’s eyes flashed in anger and she snarled, partly at Casa and partly at Syrendryth. Casa sniggered, hiding it behind her hand, and Thallyath snorted angrily at her rider.

Nodding, Casa helped herself to a piece of fruit. “Thank you,” her voice was sincere. She hadn’t thought to bring food, and she’d been asleep before Thallyath roused her to watch the Flight they couldn’t be around for. “That sounds like a good idea,” she agreed, though the prospect of hanging out in the lonely, empty Weyr was not very appealing and she stood up, looking around with a sort of sadness. This place had once been filled with people and dragons, and now all it held was the echoes of their presence, long since lost to time. “It’s so… empty,” she said softly, meaning more than just the lack of people and dragons, but the resounding silence that hung over the place.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He hadn’t really paid much attention to the Weyr itself since landing and worrying about Casa and then having fun talking with her. But now that she mentioned it, T’ryn glanced around and noticed how quiet it was and, like she said, empty. It was like a graveyard, and he supposed in some ways it was. How many had died here? So many memories likely haunted the riders and non-riders alike that he wondered how even the current active Weyrs felt alive again and not empty shells. It was a bit unsettling now that he was so acutely aware of his surroundings and what normal sounds were missing and what ones replaced them. “It is… I don’t know what I was expecting when I finally found the courage to come here.”

T’ryn packed up his bundle of food and stood, giving a slight stretch as he did so. “But since we’re here and we have two reasonably responsible dragons with us,” he shot Syrendryth a glance to indicate which dragon he was more making fun of, though his dragon was pointedly ignoring both him and Thallyath. He didn’t have time for gold hissy fits and was careful not to react more than a cautious glance her way to ensure she wasn’t going to attack his human.

“Why don’t we explore a bit? Dad lived here for a bit before the plague but he says he doesn’t remember too much. He was younger than us and only here for several months but I still think he just likes to avoid the topic.” He couldn’t blame R’nd for that. He knew what it was like to lose his home when the landslide hit and wiped out most of Katila. He had barely made it out in one piece – N’mor didn’t and even that haunted him at times – but the new location of Katila just never felt the same and when he snuck back to the old site, it was hard to see what had become of his home and the good memories being crushed by the more recent bad ones.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)