World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 738.12.19 | A Cutting Edge Present
11 AM | C'dhin

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Since running into G’iri at Telgar, An’tell had started thinking about all the people he used to know before moving to Fort. Once he thought to consider it, An’tell realized there were a good number of acquaintances, and even a few friends, he’d lost contact with over the turns. Seeing G’iri again had been nice, so An’tell figured he’d begin trying to reconnect with some of the people he’d stopped spending any time with.

A few days ago An’tell had been in Fort Hold on business, but had had some time to kill while there. He’d spent his time looking over the smithcraft wares being sold in the market, which he did enjoy despite the severe pangs of nostalgia that plagued him every time he looked at a finely worked piece he never gained the skills to make or a piece he deemed shoddy workmanship. A stall selling kitchenwares had caught his eye, as the craftsmanship for them was high quality. The seller had been explaining the uses of different types of knives for different foods and techniques that An’tell can’t say he followed, but it remained him of C’dhin.

An’tell had never been overly close to C’dhin, but they had shared a love for their respective crafts that being Stolen hadn’t changed. C’dhin may have adapted to Katila more easily than An’tell himself had, but the baker was friendly and easy to get along with. He had even managed to talk to An’tell when he was still in his grumpy hate-dragonriders-for-ruining-my-life phase (Not a phrase he used, Erinath had heard it from someone else and found it amusing). C’dhin had talked to him about cooking and baking during many of those conversations, and the culinary blades had reminded him of the greenrider. An’tell rather impulsively purchased a few as gifts, and an excuse to get reacquainted.

So, on a crisp morning that was miraculously clear of obligations, An’tell headed to Telgar Weyr to deliver his gift. He and Erinath blinked out of between above the Weyr and began slowly gliding down.

”Could you contact Coroth and ask if C’dhin is available, please?” An’tell asked his dragon as they descended.

I can and will. The bronze responded, sending a friendly greeting and An’tell’s question to Coroth.

PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
While C’dhin wasn’t averse to sleeping in, it just never seemed to happen. He’d been up with the sun, beating the morning crowd to the baths and then heading to breakfast where he took his time eating and enjoying two cups of klah. The rest of his morning was free of commitments and he idly wondered if that was why he never slept in. Why waste free time sleeping –especially if you went to bed at a decent hour – when you could do things for yourself, or dragon? Coroth was promised a good oiling after he meandered his way back to his room, They both agreed it was a bit cool that day for a trip to the lake to bathe and neither felt like going south for such a small thing. A good massage and oiling, however, was something neither wanted to skip.

He was just finishing up when Coroth rumbled with pleasure. It seems you actually do have friends. Or at least someone that’s made a trip here to see you. Maybe you’re in trouble, The green troublemaker chuckled in his head and C’dhin stiffened as he worried that perhaps he was in trouble for something or if he was being requested for some reason or another. He did have friends scattered about the Weyrs but he knew he wasn’t as popular as other dragonriders and he certainly didn’t get a lot of unexpected visitors that weren’t walking distance away.

Tell them to come on by, C’dhin replied with a frown, wondering who it could be yet forgetting to actually ask as he was now playing out scenarios that might take place and going back through the last several days of interaction and tasks he had been assigned to.

He had just finished up oiling Coroth and was putting away the supplies when he heard his visitor on his ledge. C’dhin wiped his hands a final time on a clean rag, tossed it aside, and went to the door to greet whomever it was.

“An’tell! It’s good to see you!” The bronzerider was not among the top of the list of people that might stop by but C’dhin was pleased to see the man. They didn’t keep in touch nearly as much as he did with others but the man was pleasant company and it was good to see him again. Unless, he frowned, the man was here as a bronzerider and not a friend. Was he in trouble? Oh would you stop it? It was funny for the first few minutes but now it’s just annoying. C’dhin rubbed the back of his head, a bit embarrassed at the chiding he was given even though An’tell wouldn’t have heard it.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

We have been invited in. Erinath informed his rider, angling his wings to direct them to the weyr ledge where he knew Coroth to be. They spent the next minute or so gently coasting to the target opening in the cliff. Erinath took a moment to consider how much space he had to maneuver (he was never sure with weyrs made for greens) before landing, careful to watch his wings and where Coroth was standing to make sure he did not bump her.

Hello, Coroth. Thank you for opening your weyr to us. Would you prefer if I stayed elsewhere? I know I make it a bit cramped. He said to the green, the last bit apologetically, as An’tell slid off his neck.

“Hello, C’dhin. It’s been a while.” He said, nodding at the other man. “Partially my fault, I believe. I realized I’ve isolating myself in Fort a bit, thought I ought to start talking to friends I’ve been neglecting. You included.” An’tell’s mouth quirked into an apologetic smile at that, trying to indicate he put no blame on anyone but himself for not seeing them. “I hope you don’t mind me stopping by. This isn’t a bad time, is it?” He asked, walking farther into the weyr towards the door C’dhin stood by.

“Ah, I almost forgot, I brought something for you, if you want it.” An’tell said, taking a moment to rummage in his bag before pulling out a slim wooden box and holding it out where C’dhin could reach it. The box contained three knives: one ‘standard,’ multi-purpose knife, a serrated knife for breads and the like, and a curved blade that he’d been told was best for peeling fruits and vegetables. They all had leather sheathes covering the blades to protect the knives, as well as anyone handling them.

PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Coroth eyed the bronze dragon for a moment as if considering in great detail where she wanted him to be. She didn’t Erinath, finding him to be more pleasant than some of the other bronze and brown dragons around. You may stay. I’ll shove you out when I’ve decided you’ve taken up enough of my space. She rumbled with amusement even as she repositioned herself so Erinath could try to make himself as comfortable as he could in her smaller weyr.

“I don’t mind at all!” C’dhin waved for An’tell to follow deeper inside and away from the still cool morning air. He paused when An’tell did and frowned as the man pulled out a slim box and held it out for him to take. He took it with a slight hesitation that wasn’t borne from suspicion so much as, no it was suspicion. What was in the box and why was he being given it? One way to find out and C’dhin popped the lid off to find the sheathed blades that he quickly and carefully fumbled with so he could inspect each beautiful and well-crafted knife that put his current ones to shame. He kept meaning to replace them but hadn’t had the time to properly look into it and find the best maker around.

“Thank you. These are amazing. And of course I want them,” C’dhin laughed at the idea that he wouldn’t want the knives. The only problem with accepting the gift was he wasn’t expecting it and felt like he should return the gesture but didn’t have anything to give. Except, he thought as he walked into his kitchen, hoping An’tell followed, he did have something and it involved using the new blades.

“Make yourself at home,” C’dhin pointed to the kitchen table and chairs before turning his attention to the loaf of bread he had made the day before. The serrated blade was selected and after a quick cleaning and a moment to admire it again, the loaf was sliced up. “What made you think of me?” He wondered if he was thought of first and then the gift sought out or if the blades were spotted and then he came to mind. Either way, he was incredibly flattered to be thought of at all and to be given such a nice gift.

He didn’t have much fruit stocked at the moment but C’dhin took what he had and prepped them with the appropriate blade as well. The fruit was then added to another plate and both were brought over to the table, the silent offer to dig in given when the snacks were pushed a bit closer to An’tell before C’dhin sat down.

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Erinath churred in laughter, carefully positioning himself so that he took up little space, not too close to Coroth, but was still comfortable. You are too kind to me. He told Coroth teasingly. He rather liked the green, finding her great fun to be around. Do you think we’ll have to intervene in this? Erinath asked her, inclining his head towards the inner weyr. The bronze knew his rider meant well, but the man could be so serious, even with friends.

As his dragon settled in, An’tell took one of the chairs offered to him, choosing a place that allowed him to watch C’dhin as he went about the kitchen. He was glad the knives were so immediately useful. There was always the worry with gifts - especially ones for people you hadn’t spoken to in what, two turns? - that you would get something not needed or useless. But, judging by the way C’dhin was looking at the knives, this gift had been well chosen.

“The stand I bought these from, really.” An’tell said, in answer to C’dhin’s question. “Since I’d been thinking about how I hadn’t been seeing friends much recently, I think you were closer to the surface of my thoughts then usual, and then I came across the cookware merchant.” He shrugged. “And now here I am.”

When the food was brought over, An’tell gave a quiet ‘thanks’ before reaching over to pick up a slice of fruit.

“I’m glad to see they work as intended.” He said, inspecting the fruit where it had been cut. Clean line, not jagged, no rips in the flesh of the fruit. Likely at least some of that was due to C’dhin’s skill, but even the most skilled person couldn’t make an awful blade cut this finely. Satisfied with what he was seeing, An’tell took a bite of the fruit.

“I hope they’re good choices for you. I may be able to tell they’re excellent quality smithwork, but I had to take the stall owner’s word on what they were to be used for. That’s what the standard one’s for, figured I couldn’t go wrong with that. And bread’s a staple, so that seemed reasonable, and I remembered you making a dessert with fruit back in Katila, and if I recall correctly the fruit needed to be peeled for it, so that one seemed like you might make good use of it.” An’tell shrugged again. All had seemed practical to him, but again, the man at the stall had not been the craftsman, just a middleman selling the pieces, so An’tell was somewhat hesitant to fully trust his words. The haughty opinions of a (former) crafter.

PA - First Post!

C'dhin
of Green Coroth

Date of Birth
09.02.708, 31
Height
6'0
Eyes
Pale Green
Build
Cuddly
Hair
Dark blonde

Threads

Coroth eyed the large bronze as he settled himself, pleased to have company. She could be a social little green when she was in the mood for it but C’dhin’s guests typically came by without their dragon. It was nice to have a dragon pop in and visit with her that wasn’t tied to winning her flights. I don’t think we’ll need to intervene. It’s much more fun to watch C’dhin flounder as he tries to socialize anyway. She loved her rider dearly but he was awkward and it sometimes made for entertaining circumstances. She was always ready to jump in if it looked like he was getting in over his head, though.

“They’re excellent choices, thank you! Like you said, they’re all practical and I imagine I’ll use them regularly, some even daily.” C’dhin was nearly beaming with his excitement and genuine gratitude that someone got him something so thoughtful and perfect for him. He popped a slice of fruit in his mouth and nodded as An’tell recalled a pie that used fruit. It had been a pain back in Katila to peel fruits perfectly, just as it had been rough on him to find proper substitutes for ingredients when their stock ran low and another run North wasn’t planned for a bit. Since An’tell had brought up that pie, C’dhin wondered if the bronzerider liked such dessertes and filed away that bit of information so he could surprise the man with a pie in the near future. He loved finding out everyone’s one true weakness and then baking it to perfection. The expressions they made with the first bite was always worth the effort of perfecting the recipe.

“Anyway, I’m glad you stopped by. Like you said, we haven’t seen each other for a while. If you don’t have any immediate plans, you’re welcome to stay and we can catch up. I don’t have anywhere to be until midday,” and C’dhin was suddenly really excited to chat with a friend. Sometimes it felt like he didn’t get out enough. You don’t, Coroth helpfully supplied and C’dhin, as usual, ignored her.

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Hmn, right you are. Erinath said, rumbling a bit in a dragon chuckle. Really, it was a wonder how any people got on without dragons to keep them sensible. He settled in to chat with Coroth, keeping part of his mind vaguely listening to An’tell’s conversation in case he felt a need to make himself known.

The ghost of a pleased smile crossed An’tell’s face, though he tried not to outwardly look too satisfied with himself. He prided himself in getting useful gifts, and he’d been a bit worried that the spontaneous nature of this gift would lend to it being not as practical as he would hope. An’tell took a slice of bread, again evaluating the cut to the best of his ability (he wasn’t exactly an expert on how bread sliced, even if An’tell held his blade knowledge in high regard).

“That would be nice, I think.” He said, nodding. “My day is mostly open, so I’d be happy to stay a while. Especially if it allows me to eat more of this bread.”

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)