World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 738.12.14 | At Vase Value
10 AM | Rhaedalyn

G'nen
of Brown Yanth

Date of Birth
19.03.701, 44
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown, long enough to ponytail

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
G’nen had learned at a young age that his mother was not the easiest person to get along with. He loved her, of course, but that didn’t mean he was unable to see that she had a quirk or twelve that made her a bit trying to spend a lot of time with. He’d spent four years in Exile with only her and Yanth, he’d know it better than anyone.

And, knowing Wenon, G’nen figured her ‘apprentice’ of sorts could do with some encouragement. His mother didn’t give words of praise often, and based on how she talked about Rhaedalyn and G’nen’s own experiences with the Weyrwoman, she deserved to know Wenon appreciated and approved of her. Even if he had to say the words for her.

In order to do this, G’nen had collected some information on what Rhaedalyn might like. He’d heard a bit of exasperation from Wenon on how often she liked to pick flowers, with or without R’nya. Truly, G’nen was happy the pair could enjoy simple things like that together, especially considering how much work they had to do running a Weyr. He thought it might be nice to find a gift that could accompany or encourage that activity, and eventually he decided on a vase.

He decided to make the vase himself, always being one to prefer gifts with a personal touch. G’nen carefully selected a small block of wood that had been discarded by someone else and carved it into a small vase. While G’nen could carve, he wasn’t a master at fine detail work, but he thought the little flowers and firelizards decorating the sides of the vase would be recognizable enough. He finished it by sealing the inside with a wax so that it could safely hold water.

The morning after he’d deemed the wax properly set and finished, he headed off to the Weyrwoman’s office after checking that his mother was occupied elsewhere. G’nen carefully adjusted his hold on the gift before reaching out with one hand to knock on the door.

“Rhaedalyn?” He called out, gently pushing open the partially ajar door. “Do you have a moment to spare?”

PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Truth be told, Rhaedalyn was just killing time. She had been in her office just over an hour, shuffling papers and genuinely trying to look busy and actually do something productive before the meetings she had arranged for a bit later on. The girls had been dropped off at the crèche after breakfast and she didn’t want to be a pest to R’nya by loitering about his office—though she knew he’d say her company was welcomed and that it wasn’t a bother no matter what his plans were.

Over her time helping to run Fort Weyr, Rhaedalyn found that it required talking to way too many people and she still didn’t think she was getting any better at it. Still, she agreed to meetings to discuss issues that fell under her care and arranged for times to go and see her areas in action. It was all well and good to hear what was happening in laundry or the kitchen but to actually see it for herself helped see the full picture and make the right corrections and give the proper directions. So she found herself waiting for one of those meetings, not wanting to inconvenience anyone by asking them to come up early because she was bored.

It was with great relief that a knock sounded and someone called looking for her. She knew it wasn’t really proper to run to the door to greet her caller but Rhaedalyn was excited for something to do, even if it was just to listen to a complaint or handle a mundane question that really didn’t need to come her. It was a bit of a surprise to see G’nen peeking in before she got to the door that was left open more for a bit of a cool breeze than as a visual that she was in and available.

“Good morning, G’nen,” Rhaedalyn greeted the brownrider with a genuine smile and waved for him to come in, gesturing to a chair for him to sit if he’d like, “I have several moments to spare. What brings you by?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

G'nen
of Brown Yanth

Date of Birth
19.03.701, 44
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair

Threads

“Good morning, Weyrwoman.” G’nen returned her greeting, smiling cheerfully as he entered the office. “I hope you are well?” He asked politely as he took the offered chair. While waiting for Rhaedalyn’s response he took a glance about the room. It only reminded him a little of the Weyrwoman’s office at Igen that used to be his mother’s realm. The layout of the rooms was similar, but the furniture was made of a different wood - the one used at Igen was darker than the one used here - and it felt a bit more ‘open’ than Igen. He was also thirty-seven instead of twelve turns old, and facing a smiling woman younger than him, not his mother. A very different situation overall.

“I am here because I have a gift for you.” G’nen said, returning his attention to Rhaedalyn. He carefully placed the vase on the desk. “It’s a vase. For flowers, or some such. My mother mentioned you like to have flowers in here, or go collecting them.” Rhaedalyn didn’t need to know that the comment had been accompanied by a quiet sigh about how frivolous the activity could be. G’nen didn’t see any harm in it, after all. Wenon was just a bit stuffy(He could say that, she was his mother).

“It’s water safe and everything,” he continued, turning the vase so she could see how the water resistant wax coating refracted the light a bit. “I wanted to give you something for - well, for a few reasons.” G’nen laughed gently, still smiling. “For one, I think you deserve nice things sometimes in recognition of all the hard work you do. And for another, even though my mother thinks you are doing well as Weyrwoman and are a credit to the Weyr and your dragon, she’s hardly likely to tell you herself. Don’t tell her I said that last bit, though. She’d give me a lecture about confidential information. ” He said, grinning.

PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn had expected G’nen to come out with some sort of issue for her to look into that he didn’t want R’nya to know about or possibly just a woman’s opinion on something since she was known to be girly and live in her own little fantasy world that created unique perspectives. She had not, however, expected him to come bearing gifts. A soft ‘oh’ escaped as he set the vase –something she hadn’t really paid attention to when he came in-- on the desk and explained the purpose of it. She bit her lower lip to avoid the giggle the explanation of what a vase was for prompted.

It quickly died before it was given though, thankfully, as she didn’t want to be rude or insult the brownrider. “Your mother?” Rhaedalyn was having trouble grasping that Wenon knew the activities she enjoyed so much and wondered how much her mentor really did know about her. Was she always watching? Did she feel left out and want to pick flowers as well? Did she approve of such a hobby that R’nya also indulged her with? She must if she was pointing it out to her son which encouraged him to get her something to house freshly picked flowers in.

Rhaedalyn dutifully peeked at the vase to admire the wax coating G’nen spoke of though it wasn’t something she was overly familiar with and nodded her approval at what she saw. She was just starting to genuinely admire the carvings of flowers and firelizards, a smile in place, when the reason behind the gift came out. Rhaedalyn blushed at the kind words and didn’t know how to respond. She wasn’t used to compliments and had never figured out how to graciously accept them when they did come her way. Even with R’nya she still fidgeted and had trouble believing him. But to have someone in her Weyr that she was helping to take care of thank her for her work wasn’t at all something she thought she’d have happen when she woke up that morning.

And then the strangest thing happened; G’nen kept talking and brought up Wenon again, this time stating her approval. “Thank you,” she finally managed to get a couple of words out though on a whisper as she looked down at her hands. Now she really didn’t know how to accept such praise! She was certain Wenon disliked her and thought her useless, a slow learner, and a horrible goldrider.

She quickly dashed away the tears of joy and relief that threatened to spill and looked back up at G’nen with a smile. “Your secret is safe with me, G’nen.” She wouldn’t dream of talking to Wenon about anything that was said. If the woman couldn’t say it directly, then Rhaedalyn wasn’t going to prod her about it. She didn’t want to anger the older woman and she felt if she brought it up then it would seem like she was looking for an ego boost and it had a chance to strain the relationship they had.

Another glance at the vase prompted Rhaedalyn to get to her feet and fetch the water jug that was repurposed into a vase the day before when R’nya had surprised her with a late lunch and a handful of flowers. She quickly moved water and flowers to the beautifully carved vase and set the pitcher aside to be cleaned later. “Thank you again, G’nen. It’s beautiful,” again she smiled and then a thought hit her, “did you make this yourself?” She didn’t know why she automatically assumed he had purchased it but thinking on the way he had carefully held it and set it on the desk and showed off the detail, it made more sense and the gift all the more special.

G'nen
of Brown Yanth

Date of Birth
19.03.701, 44
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair

Threads

G’nen beamed while Rhaedalyn took the flowers she already had in the office and transferred them to the new vase. Already it was proving useful! The vase had been a good choice of gift, and G’nen mentally gave himself a congratulatory pat on the back.

“Ah, I did, actually!” G’nen said proudly, smiling at Rhaedalyn. “Picked up a few things living on the Southern Continent. I helped build the first houses of Katila, even.” Okay, he wasn’t that great at it back then and he was pretty sure the floor of the hut he and Wenon shared was slightly tilted all those years, but he’d gotten better since then. “I mostly leave the proper woodworking to the woodcrafters now, stick to things like this, and when she was younger I made lots of toys for my daughter.” He said, looking the vase now that it had flowers, making sure the silhouette was still pleasing. Determining it was, he continued speaking.

“Oh, now that I think of it, as I said earlier, I sealed it so water doesn’t get through, and it should work perfectly, but you might want to check the area underneath the vase once or twice in the next few days. Just to be sure.” G’nen added, eyeing the vase. He was confident that it would not leak, but the warning was worth giving. “I’m sure it’ll hold perfectly, though.” He assured her, before pausing a moment, thinking.

“She truly does like you, I promise. And if you ever need help translating from ‘Wenon’ to ‘regular person,’ you are absolutely welcome to consult me. I’m a bit of an expert, if I do say so myself.” G’nen added, winking cheerfully. He wasn’t sure if she’d ever take him up on the offer, but he felt it was about time he made it. Rhaedalyn seemed like she preferred to keep her problems close, if G’nen was judging her right, but you could never know what might happen. Having resources on the off chance you need them is only positive, especially when you happen to be in charge of a dragon Weyr.

PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

At the confirmation that he had indeed made the vase and even helped build some of the huts in Katila, Rhaedalyn was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet. Of course R’nya gave her little gifts and spoiled her but it was a rare treat when someone else got her something that they had handcrafted themselves. It took a lot of willpower not to throw her arms around G’nen and hug him tightly. She instead focused on his words and nodded her understanding at the directions given to check on any leaking, before realizing almost too late a fun little tidbit about the man.

“Oh! Well, if you ever have an urge to make a toy, I’m sure Alyren or Varlea would love one,” she saw no issues with receiving such items if G’nen was ever inclined to make and offer her one and Rhaedalyn didn’t see R’nya having any problem with it either.

When G’nen promised his mother did in fact like her, Rhaedalyn smiled shyly and adverted her gaze. She didn’t know how to respond to such a declaration and thoughts of little handcrafted toys were quickly forgotten. Was he saying that just to be nice? She didn’t think so, especially given the offer to help her translate Wenon’s words and actions into something a bit easier to understand. “Thank you,” she settled on two easy words that held genuine gratitude in them. “I really do appreciate hearing that. It’s… well, it’s a bit hard on me some days and I’m not sure I’ll ever live up to her expectations and certainly not her legacy as Weyrwoman.” Failure was something she was used to given no one seemed to want to marry her before she was Stolen and she struggled with some sewing patterns and cooking definitely wasn’t her strong suit either, but failing as a leader hurt a lot more than she thought it would.

Rhaedalyn shook herself from the melancholy mood and smiled again at G’nen, “but truly, thank you. The vase and your words have brightened my day.”

G'nen
of Brown Yanth

Date of Birth
19.03.701, 44
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair

Threads

G’nen smiled back at Rhaedalyn, genuinely pleased she had liked her gift and that he could reassure her. He liked Rhaedalyn, and he much preferred the people he liked to be happy. If something as simple as a vase and reassurance that his mother didn’t hate her made the Weyrwoman this happy, he’d have to be sure to give her more in the future. Hopefully, R’nya wouldn’t be insecure and take any offense to G’nen giving his weyrmate gifts, but G’nen judged the man would recognize the tokens as what they were; gifts for a friend, and proof that the people of Fort appreciated their Weyrwoman.

“I’m glad you enjoy it, Rhaedalyn. If it does have any problems with water please contact me so I can fix it, though I truly don’t think it will.” He grinned. “And feel free to give me a list of your girls’ favorite animals and colors and such at some point and I’ll be sure to make them a thing or two. I’ve gotten pretty skilled at horses, and I can make a decent dragon.” G’nen admitted.

Thinking about how long they’d been chatting, G’nen made to stand up to leave. “I’ve taken up enough of your morning, I’m sure. It’s been lovely talking to you, Rhaedalyn. I hope you have a pleasant rest of the day. Tell R’nya and the girls I say hello, if you wish.”

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)