World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 738.12.06 | Passing on Wisdom
11 AM

Wenon
of Gold Jormath

Date of Birth
Height
5'2"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Black, wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
That morning, Wenon had received a curt, handwritten note from the Weyrleader. Apparently, Rhaedalyn had something she wanted advice on, and her expertise was requested. And of course, since she was dragonless, neither wanted to be around her to ask the question. Honestly, one day Rhaedalyn was going to put off asking her question too long and cause a problem. Wenon frowned slightly as she strode through the hallways towards the Weyrwoman’s office. She was going to have to have a conversation with Rhaedalyn about responsibility and putting aside her own comfort for the good of the Weyr. Besides, the Weyrwoman had her as a mentor. R’nya had Jajojin to deal with, and, to be blunt, the ex-bronzerider was much less put together than she herself was. To be fair to Jajojin, he’d only had about four turns to come to terms with his dragon’s death. She had had over twenty.

You have come far from how you were when I passed. The echo of Jormath said in her mind.

I had to. I couldn’t force my son, not even a full adult, to care for his catatonic mother alone in an unknown land. Wenon sighed quietly. Circumstances had forced her to put aside her own grief - for Jormath, for K’tios, for Teglioth, for Igen - faster than she could have without the impetus.

If he has the time, he will reach a more stable place too. Besides, memory-Jormath said, and if she’d been alive and had a physical body Wenon knew she would have been shifting her position with the change in topic, R’nya has less need of a mentor than Rhaedalyn. The pairs are well suited.

Yes, I suppose. If Rhaedalyn would do her duty and ask me when she needed my assistance. Really, Wenon was never sure if she should be impressed by how neatly the Fort Weyrwoman could get her mate to do near anything for her, or displeased at her lack of attending to her own responsibilities.

Perhaps a little of both. Jormath said, her tinkling laughter filling Wenon’s mind as she reached the door of the Weyrwoman office.

“Rhaedalyn?” She called out, peeking through the door. “Are you in? R’nya sent a message that you had need of me.”

Insulting Truths

PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Rhaedalyn froze when she heard her name in a familiar voice that she wished wasn’t familiar. It wasn’t that she hated Wenon – it was hard for Rhaedalyn to hate someone even if they truly deserved it – but the ex-riders made her nervous and she supposed she was a bit afraid of them as well. Some were prone to wild mood swings and those were what scared her the most. Wenon seemed to be one of the few that was more in control and could even pass as normal a majority of the time but Rhaedalyn still tensed every time they had to interact.

When Wenon said R’nya had asked her to come, Rhaedalyn’s mouth dropped open before quickly closing it in a little glare-turned-pout. How could he do that to her? He knew how she felt about the ex-riders and he even felt the same way at times and took to hiding when he could. She debated the merits of hiding under her desk but it’d look awful if Wenon actually found her under there and if she asked the older woman to come back later; she would. There was no getting out of meetings with her and Rhaedalyn sent Muffin off to scold R’nya for her with a few whispered words to the little blue firelizard. Rumour and Whisper stayed where they were, perched on a shelf that she kept empty for that very reason. They could be rascals at time and Rhaedalyn learned early on to keep their preferred places clean or they’d start knocking things about and rearranging for her.

“I’m here! Come in!” She called out, fumbling with the quill she had been holding to set it aside properly. It was best to just get it over with. She stood, brushing her skirt straight and waited until she saw the other woman, smiling in greeting as she waved to the chair on the other side of her desk for Wenon to take if she wanted. Without waiting to see if she would, Rhaedalyn returned to her chair.

“I’m sorry he brought you out here as I didn’t ask him to and I didn’t know I had need of you,” she felt the truth was deserved and that it might move things along quicker. Sure she still second-guessed herself almost daily and she was finding new things she was in charge of with each passing season and as needs arose, but she didn’t want to run to someone every time she stumbled. How would anyone take her seriously if she always had her hand held?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Wenon
of Gold Jormath

Date of Birth
Height
5'2"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Black, wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
At Rhaedalyn’s invitation, Wenon entered the room, taking the seat offered to her. As the Weyrwoman moved to her own chair, Wenon crossed her ankles and straightened her posture, careful to be the very picture of poise. She frowned slightly at Rhaedalyn’s words. Why had R’nya sent her a note then?

“Curious.” She said, considering Rhaedalyn. “Did you perhaps make a comment of some sort to him he interpreted as a request?” Wenon asked politely. “Even if not,” she continued, waiting a few moments for a response before continuing. “Is there anything else I can do for you today?”

It’s not her job to keep you entertained, you know. Jormath said with a purr.

I’m a resource. She should use me to the best of my capabilities. It is only logical. Wenon thought primly. The fact that she liked to keep busy was irrelevant to the current situation. She was trying to do her job, nothing more. Even if there was a dragon echo in her head saying otherwise.

Though Wenon had yet to realize it, when she spoke to ‘Jormath’ she often assumed the well known expression of someone in conversation with a dragon. To those who knew she had lost her dragon, it was a disconcerting expression. She had no dragon of her own to talk to, and ex-riders were known for avoiding contact with dragons whenever possible. Still, she had the distinct look of someone talking to a dragon before her face molded back to politely waiting for a response.

PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Rhaedalyn held her tongue. She didn’t want to be snippy with Wenon, knowing she was there to help even if she came across mean at times or presumed too much when it came to what she did and didn’t know or even her relationship with R’nya; like now. How was she supposed to know what she might have said to cause R’nya to ask Wenon for help in her stead? Was she going to have to be careful about what she said now, weighing her words before sharing her day with her mate? Rhaedalyn frowned at the idea and hoped that wasn't true. Maybe she had sounded stressed over something and R’nya was being his usual kind and considerate self, looking to take care of her.

All of her thoughts were kept to herself and she instead sighed. “No, I can’t think of anything off the top of my head,” she hesitated, wanting to dismiss her mentor but knew that would be rude and it’d likely make its way back to R’nya who would frown at her and chide her softly; and that was the best case scenario. Worst case would have Jajojin finding out and he scared her when he was having a bad day. She’d hate to think what would happen if she was the cause of a bad day.

Rhaedalyn glanced down at her hands, wondering what to do. When she made a decision and glanced up, she paused, noticing the familiar expression Wenon wore. It always seemed like the expressions countless riders got when speaking with their dragons and Rhaedalyn never knew what to think about it. Would she still speak to Aradissicath if the beautiful gold left her one day? You will never have to find out, child. Stop thinking such things; they only stress you out far too much and I am in no mood to handle you in one of those panicked moods of yours.

It was far too early to call it a day but Rhaedalyn already seemed drained and ready for bed. Making herself sit up a bit straighter both to wake herself up and to show Wenon she wasn’t always the nervous and lost girl everyone assumed she was, “is there anything you have noticed I may be struggling with recently?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)