World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 738.09.24 | Old Friends

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
As much as An'tell loved Erinath and wouldn't give him up for the world, he still thought Stealing might not have been the best idea on the part of the dragonriders. Especially since it meant he, as a former smithcrafter, often got called in to deal with awkward situations when the Weyr had to interact with his former Crafthall. Which was why he was currently in Telgar instead of having a nice day off in Fort. 

His presence today hadn't helped much, and the master smith they had met with seemed to have taken extra offense at An'tell being there. He seemed to feel the Stealing of promising Journeymen was being flaunted in his face and decided to be disagreeable about everything. It led to a very tense afternoon. His face hurt from trying to keep from frowning or saying something rude for so long and they had thankfully been able to leave before the building headache the whole situation was creating got too bad.

Thankfully, that whole business was over, and after accompanying the Telgar brownrider back to they Weyr to give a report, had decided that some food was due before he headed back to Fort. Erinath was perfectly happy to join some other dragons on a wide rocky outcropping to bask in the sun and chat, so An'tell gave a mental see-you-later to his dragon and headed for the dining hall. Despite being a bit early for most people to eat an evening meal, the room was still relatively well occupied. And, more importantly, there was warm, fresh food, to which An'tell eagerly helped himself. He took his meal over to an empty seat and sat down to eat, trying to ignore the complicated feelings visiting his old home had brought to the surface of his mind. 

@"Finn"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It was really just a normal day for G’iri, with getting up early, getting dressed and getting ready for a work out/practice day. It was always good to stay healthy and fit for a dragon rider- and especially when G’iri wanted to look nice himself. Ignoring Sacath’s snide comment about him wanting to go out for exercise just in case the other men in the weyr could see him, G’iri headed out and started on some cardio his dragon keeping close and being as lazy as possible. He didn’t do it all day, however, and even was productive on errands, which mostly included washing Sacath much to the dragon’s approval. He always loved it when G’iri worked for him, and if he had any say the bronze would be pampered all the time. Making sure Sacath was properly suitable, he was finally done, which meant that he had a little bit of time before evening meal was going to start.  ”You should go in early and get some water “Can I get new hands too? They’ve been working too much for you, I think they might be tainted.” G’iri smirked back before taking Sacath’s advice. He was pretty thirsty, and while water was appetizing at the moment, mead sounded pretty good too.

Letting Sacath hang about some other dragons outside G’iri stepped into the dining hall, and for the first time wasn’t there just to get some of the delicious food that was always there. Getting his glass he started to try to find an empty chair to sit in and relax, his eyes instantly grew wide as he saw an old friend that had moved to Fort weyr. Could it be? There were no flights soon, and he knew just what happened when they both failed to catch during a flight they were both at, and happened to be close enough. They had impressed at the same clutch, and G’iri had always found An’tell intriguing. He wanted to go up to him- it had been so long. He thought about all the things he could say to him as he continued to walk towards where An’tell was sitting and unfortunately his thoughts were cut off as he found himself suddenly facing the ceiling as the bronzerider tripped and fell on to his back, leaving his glass of water to be spilled all over his shirt, and even some on his face. He could hear his bronze dragon laughing at him in the back ground, and G’iri shook his head as he got himself off the ground. “That’s just great,” He muttered, before continuing to go over to An’tell. G’iri set his now empty glass down on the table, his shirt still dripping. “Long time no see!” G’iri let out a laugh. He blamed his memories with An’tell distracting him so much that they made him fall. He opened his arms for a hug, wanting to share in his drenchness, considering it had been indirectly partly his fault. Or at least that's how G'iri saw it.

PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

An'tell ate slowly, thinking about the Smithcrafthall and when he might be back. Hopefully not soon, but he did rather want to get his mastery at some point. He should probably ask after Fala and Mila as well. He was caught up in his thoughts and didn't notice the noise of someone tripping nearby, but he did notice when the dripping bronzerider suddenly appeared in his space.

"G'iri!" He exclaimed, not expecting to see one of his old Weyrlingmates. It really shouldn't have surprised him, but it had. He and G'iri had been close friends as Weyrlings, considering there were so few bronzes training at a single time.

Sacath's here? Erinath's excited voice appeared in An'tell's head at the thought of the other bronze pair. I'm going to go find him. the pale bronze said, stirring himself to look around.

Sacath? He sent out, looking for his clutch-brother. Are you around?

An'tell smiled at his dragon's excitement, returning his attention to G'iri. The younger man had grown some since he'd seen him last. He wasn't taller, but he seemed to have outgrown the last of his teenage lankiness. The grin was the same though, and An'tell couldn't help grinning back.

"As long as it's only water I'll hug you back. If it's anything else, I'm not getting any closer." He teased.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It had been a busy day, well,  more errand running then anything, and it always took so long to clean and make sure his dragon was all groomed  considering how big the bronze was. It didn’t help that Sacath acted like it was a spa day, as if G’iri was his servant. But it was only to be expected- much like G’iri Sacath loved attention no matter where it came from. He finished washing and tidying up his bronze a little before dinner, and with Sacath’s suggestion went into the dinning hall to grab some water- probably much needed after a long days work and probably not drinking enough for the day anwyays. While G’iri grabbed a glass full of the clear liquid, Sacath went off to relax- he considered himself as just finishing being “pampered” and didn’t expect to have to do much for the rest of the time. G’iri hadnt expected to see An’tell, seeing as his werlingmate had moved to Fort with him to Telgar. He had gotten pretty close to the other bronzerider, and hadnt seen him for, well, he couldn’t remember at the moment. Too long. Distracted by seeing his old friend, and frankly how hot he still looked, and without paying attention tripped and fell back. He spilled the water all over him, but that didn’t stop him from going up to the rider and giving him a smile.

Sacath started to move from where he had been relaxing, and averted his attention from his hilarious drenched rider to Erinath’s voice. Erinath’s calling me. I must go to him. Sacath observed, before making a move towards where the other dragon was. Once he found the other bronze, he lifted his head as if to show off G’iri’s work on grooming him that day. Erinath! You’re looking grand today Sacath flirted, and expected to receive a compliment back on how good he was looking after G’iri worked so hard to clean him. I am glad to see you! I’ve just been pampered The dragon swished his tail in happiness, thinking that it was pretty convenient timing. He really liked Erinath- they had both missed the gold during his first flight and he knew G’iri really liked An’tell after that night so that meant that he also enjoyed the other dragon’s company every time after.

G’iri grinned as he heard his dragon flirting with Erinath, and focused his attention back onto An’tell. He opened his arms for a hug, smiling at the other bronzerider. He laughed at An’tell’s words, and nodded his head. “What like sweat? No, it’s just water, I promise.” He moved to hug and greet his old friend though moved to whisper in the other’s ear. “It’s not like you haven’t seen me covered in sweat or anything else though.” He pulled away and grinned over at him. “I didn’t expect you to be here. Are you just visiting, I assume?” G’iri took a seat beside him, wanting to talk with his old friend who he never got to see enough.

PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Sacath. Erinath greeted warmly, shifting to make room for the other bronze to join him on the ledge. He had missed his brother. They really were two of a pair, being the same height, less then a foot apart in length, both pale bronzes, and both happy to flirt with any pretty dragons that caught their eye (Skorzanth being the odd one out of their clutch's bronzes in that regard). If they were horses, the holders would have them as a matched set to pull carts. Erinath snorted at the thought of being a horse, of all things, but the comparison still held some merit.

Thank you, He accepted the complement, dipping his head in acknowledgement. I can see that. You shine especially brightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An'tell accepted the hug, wrapping one arm around the other bronze's shoulders. Thankfully, his riding leathers kept him from getting too damp . He shoved G'iri in the shoulder at his suggestive comment, hard enough to be felt but not hard enough that it would seem like he was actually upset.

"I can't believe I missed you." He said with a smile. As G'iri took a seat, he nodded, and started to clarify he presence at the Weyr.

"I was called in for some business with the Smithcrafthall. They love making me deal with other smiths." He said dryly, knowing G'iri was aware of the current situation between the dragonriders and the Crafters. "I was planning on heading back to Fort after dinner."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sacath moved to join his bronze brother on the ledge, happy to see him once again. He had had a pretty good day- with him being cleaned and being attended to by his rider, so seeing his brother was just a toping on the cake for him. He held his head up happily, wanting his brother to compliment him on his shine and clean hide. He gave Erinath a compliment though- like him his brother was a pretty dragon and that always deserved acknowledgement. As the other Bronze gave him a compliment back, Sacath dipped his head in happiness. Thank you. The Bronze dragon replied. G’iri is happy you and yours have come to Telgar Well, he was happy that Erinath had come, as well, but he could sense G’iri’s overwhelming happiness that he had found An’tell. How has it been over at Fort? Sacath asked, just out of curiosity.

- - -

And that happiness and surprised could be shown by the way the man fell to the ground due to all the distraction. He wasn’t sure An’tell had actually seen his fall though, and the other rider hadn’t commented on it. It was for the better though- he didn’t want to embarrass himself even more then he had to, considering that he was still soaked from the water. G’iri laughed as he was shoved, not seeing it as anything but playful. ‘Oh come on,” He said, before rolling his eyes. “I can’t believe you didn’t miss me more.” He replied, never understanding how anyone could not miss him. G’iri saw himself as pretty great… even Sacath would agree. Or at least, when G’iri bribed him to agree. The Bronzerider took a seat next to the other, and leaned against the table. “Ah, yeah I bet.” G’iri commented, and then suddenly frowned. “What? Leaving me already?” G’iri faked offense, before smiling again. “Can you find some time in your busy schedule to hang around Telgar just a little bit longer? I haven’t seen you for a thousand turns.” Obviously exaggerating, but An’tell got the point. G'iri wanted to hang around the man longer, and hopefully catch up more.

PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Fort is well enough. Erinath said, standing up as Sacath got closer. It has a nice lake, and our weyr is bigger there. I like it, and I think mine likes being near his old home. The bronze reported, stretching a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An'tell considered G'iri's request a moment. He'd been cleared for the rest of the day, as no one could predict how long negotiations with Crafters would last these days, so there really was no rush to return to Fort. His plan had been to just eat and head right out, but that had been before he'd thought of visiting old friends. An'tell blamed his near headache and general exhaustion regarding that afternoon's meeting to his lack of memory that he did indeed know people at Telgar Weyr and he could visit them.

"Well," He started, pausing to take a sip of his drink in order to keep G'iri in suspense "I suppose I could stay a bit longer. I'm not expected back just yet anyway." Taking breaks is good for you.Erinath piped up from the back of his thoughts, Spend time with G'iri so I can hang out with Sacath, maybe track down a few greens I've been missing. An'tell focused back in on the in-person conversation he was part of and tilted his cup towards G'iri.

"Erinath has decided he wants to stay here for a bit, and seeing as he's my ride, it looks like I'm stuck with you for a while." He said smiling, not particularly upset at the delay.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Sacath listened to the other dragon, before resting back against the ledge they were on. A lake? Is it really big then? asked, wondering if one could get fish out of there. Then again, he wasn’t even sure if he had had fish before, or maybe he just didn’t remember. Mine and I should visit Fort more, it sounds nice

He smiled over at An’tell, and realized he really liked the color of An’tell’s eyes. He knew he could just get lost in them, but he tried to focus on their conversation, which was getting An’tell to stay a bit longer then he was going to. He hadn’t seen his weyrlingmate in so long, and to be in Telgar wasn’t so bad, was it? He leaned a bit forward expectantly as An’tell took a drink, smiling brightly once the other man made his decision. “Perfect!” G’iri nodded his head, sitting up a bit more. After a day of working, he wasn’t about to complain about getting to spend the rest of it with An’tell. Sacath could hang out with Erinath, and he knew the dragon liked him to be happy, which he was when An’tell was around. G’iri nodded at An’tell’s next words. “Well, being stuck with me isn’t so bad.” He laughed, before wanting to continue with their conversation. “How have you been doing, otherwise? What have you been up to?”

PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

It is a big lake. Erinath confirmed. I am not sure if it is any bigger than the one here, though. He blinked his eyes slowly, radiating contentment. If you do visit, I will show you all the best swimming and sunning spots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I suppose I could be stuck with worse people." An'tell said and gave an overly loud sigh, the added drama marking it as teasing. He put his cup down and considered the question.

"I'm all right, I suppose. Nothing too terribly exciting comes to mind. We don't have Wings up and running yet, so I've been doing odd tasks around the Weyr. At least the repairs from moving into a Weyr that was abandoned for many turns are mostly done, so they don't have me running around dealing with smiths as often. Today being an exception." An'tell let out a genuine sigh there, pausing in his description to take another few bites of dinner. "Other than that, mostly caring for Erinath. Now that he's properly grown he seems to have decided to chase every dragon that flies, I swear." the bronzerider smiled fondly at that, and gave his dragon a gentle mental shove. "How's Sacath treating you in that regard?" he asked G'iri.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A big lake? That sounds really nice His eyes gleamed with happiness at Erinath’s next words though. Even better. I’ll have to drag G’iri to Fort one of these days so we can sunbath together again. How are the ladies at Fort? Also very important, at least to him.

G’iri smiled as An’tell spoke, and let out a laugh. “It’s true though,” G’iri chuckled, though of course he’d be a bit vain about it. G’iri listened to An’tell, nodding his head as the other man spoke. So Fort didn’t have wings up and running either. He let out a laugh as the other spoke of his dragon chasing everything. “Our dragons are unmistakably brothers, that’s for sure. He keeps me busy too.” G’iri replied, continuing to smile. “Telgar doesnt really have it’s wings up and running either, so they’ve just got me doing this and that but mostly tending to Sacath like you have with Erinath. As he should, I need to be pampered always Sacath pipped up, leaving G’iri to roll his eyes mentally at him. “I never really got to ask you, what was it like to have a craft? I never really got to that...” G’iri frowned a bit. Now that he’s learned all about Pern, he couldnt help be curious. And he knew that An’tell was probably a journeyman. “I mean, I’m honored to be a rider, but sometimes I wonder where I would be without Sacath? Is that wrong of me to do so?” Of course, he wouldnt talk about such things with anyone except An’tell.

PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

Yes, you should do that. It would be very nice. The big bronze swished his tail along the surface of the rock they lay on, pleased by the idea. There are some very sweet greens there I quite like, and a few young golds. He whirled his prismatic eyes at Sacath conspiratorially. I have not properly met the new golds yet, but they are quite lovely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An'tell startled at Sacath's interjection, as he had not spoken to a dragon other than his own bonded in a while. He managed not to show his surprise outwardly - he had an appearance to preserve, after all - and, after determining who the voice belonged to chuckled quietly. "Hello, Sacath." He sent back to his friend's dragon. "If he ever neglects your pampering, feel free to drag him to Fort. I'll give him a good talking to." The mental words were tinged with amusement, sending along confidence that G'iri would never neglect the bronze, as well as making clear that his comment was an invitation to visit.

The former Smith considered the question. "It was similar to being a dragonrider, in some respects. I had a purpose, as we do now, and I had to go through a period of training, as we did as Candidates and Weyrlings. Takes much longer for a craft than with a dragon, but I suppose it's much easier to learn how to care for a dragon than a piece of metal. Dragons are much more adept at telling us what they want and need, whereas with metals you have to learn the signs without that assistance." An'tell paused, thinking. "There was also less community, in some ways. After I was deemed skilled enough as a Journeyman, I was sent to a outcrop settlement to act as a smith there. So I didn't spend nearly as much time with other smiths as we do with other dragonriders. I don't know," he admitted, fiddling with riding gloves, which he had taken out of one of his pockets. "It's different, mostly, but also similar. I do miss it, though."

He leaned over a bit to nudge G'iri with his shoulder. "Don't worry about things like that. It's natural to wonder how things might have been different. I do, all the time. That doesn't mean I'm going to up and leave Erinath. I had a life before being Stolen, and thinking about how it might have gone had B'jin and Larrikith not decided I'd likely Impress doesn't make me a bad person or a bad dragonrider. I'm sure if you asked our fellow Stolen riders, or even some of the properly Searched riders, they'd say something similar." An'tell smiled at his friend. "Promise, it's perfectly fine to think like that."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

”Sounds like an excuse enough to go there! I’ll have to drag mine out of Telgar Sacath mused, before looking over at the other bronze. That sounds quite nice indeed! Though he knew he had yet to find a mate he wasn’t ready to “settle” quite yet, especially when G’iri didn’t seem to be either.

---

Sacath was always open to telling the world of his needs- his pampering needs, and wasn’t against speaking with his mindvoice towards An’tell. The dragon seemed pleased by the other’s remark. ”I will have to keep that in mind. I might take you up on that offer. Knowing Sacath, he probably would when he needed to. G’iri looked curiously over at his friend, and listened to the response. The other bronzerider nodded his head. “Yes, that makes sense.” He spoke, before listening to more of An’tell’s words. “A very different life then.” G’iri commented, thinking it sounded a bit lonely. He hated to be alone himself, and couldn’t imagine what no interation with others could be like.

An’tell said he missed it, and in turn G’iri asked if it was bad to wonder what would have happened to him if he hadnt impressed. An’tell’s words made him feel better though, and he gave An’tell a smile. “Oh yeah, I’d never leave Sacath,” Not ever!  G’iri relaxed back in his chair, and nodded. “Thanks, An’tell,” He watched An’tell, not realizing he was staring a bit too long. When he did realize it though he immediately looked away, before running his fingers through his hair to smooth it out a bit. “You know what An'tell? you’re the smartest person I know,” He said, before finally looking back at his friend. It was to flirt, really, but who didn’t like a compliment?

PA - First Post!

An'tell
of Bronze Erinath

Date of Birth
10.06.705 AL , 39
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Dark brown, short
Hair

Threads

"If I'm the smartest person you know, G'iri, you clearly don't get out much." An'tell said dryly, a barely perceptible smirk on his face. Despite his comment, he was rather flattered by G'iri's words. He liked to think he was clever, but it was nice to hear someone who wasn't himself say it. Not waiting for his friend's response, An'tell resumed eating his food. His food was almost done at this point, so An'tell used his bread to wipe up what was left on the plate and finish it off.

"Well," He said, pausing to take a sip from his glass. "Why don't you show me how Telgar's changed since I left."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)