World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 738.10.21 | Broken
7pm

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
V'ler wished all the noise would stop. It sounded like several people screaming and he didn't have the time or attention to deal with other people's issues right now as he was clearly napping. Wait, that wasn't right. His eyes opened and he found himself on the ground outside. Confused, he stumbled to get to his feet and took a deep breath and realized some of that screaming was coming from him. He clamped his mouth shut before he let out another sound. That didn't seem to help any as he suddenly felt light headed and he still heard screaming. Another moment of clarity alerted him to the fact that it was Veeth in his head and from the ledge above him. It was a sound he never wanted to hear again and V'ler wasn't even sure what was causing it.

Until he looked down and saw his left hand covered in blood and and he couldn't move his wrist without nearly passing out from the pain. How had it happened? One slow breath and another helped steady his nerves a bit more. He was walking down the paths from his weyr, just taking a stroll as he worked out a melody in his head and must have been far too caught up in it to notice the uneven path. It would explain why he was on the ground, writhing in pain and taking far too much effort to get to his feet. How had he been so careless? He was always aware of everything around him, especially what was in his path.

It's okay, Veeth. I'm... well, I'm alive. I need, V'ler paused. He hated Healers simply due to his hate of blood and the weird smell that seemed to cling to the rooms the Healers used but he also hated admitting he needed help but since he could barely see straight, this was the time to shut up and ask, especially since he was pretty sure he had hit his head and passed out momentarily. I need help. Get Vara, she's a pro when it comes to dealing with Healers. Tell her I'm on my way to Quennell. Quennell retired from playing Healer to the Holders but he was a decent enough guy and wouldn't turn away a bloody and delirious with pain bluerider that happened to stumble upon his doorstep.

Assuming he could find his way there and without another incident.

V'ler took a moment to gather his wits and risked glancing at the rest of his body noting he was scraped up here and there and he would likely be covered in bruises soon but overall, he seemed like he could walk without issue and a touch to his head with his right hand proved nothing too damaging there as well. What worried him, though, was his wrist and he cradled it close to his chest as he picked his way down the path a lot slower and eyes not straying from the ground in front of him until he found out, via Veeth's assistance, where Quennell's room was.

However, instead of going in, V'ler leaned against the outer wall to help keep him upright as the pain was still jarring his senses and waited for Indivara to hopefully appear. If he wanted to be honest with himself, he was a bit afraid of what would be found out and he wanted someone there with him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Indivara was eating, enjoying a good quality meal after having been shot down with a heavy case of the flu for the past five or six days. The fact that she could once more breathe with ease, and that her head was clear, was a blessing. But being able to not only taste her food but also keep it down? Freaking a gift from Faranth herself and Indivara was intent on enjoying every moment. Of course, that meant that it had to be interrupted, and quite rudely. The shrieking worry in Veeth’s voice was enough to set Indivara’s heart pounding in her throat and she had to dry swallow a mouthful of food as she instructed Venseth to calm the older blue the hell down. She couldn’t understand a damned thing he was saying.

It sounds like something happened to V’ler, Venseth supplied, his voice worried and she could feel his anxiety. What could possibly be wrong with Valerian. The man was a walking safety rope, Indivara knew, because he kept her in one piece more than anyone since her parents when she was a child. She smirked wryly to herself and shovelled another spoonful of food into her mouth, chewing placidly. I’m sure he’s fine. She soothed her blue, but that was all the pair took to begin harassing her. Okay! Fine, fine I’m going. Sheesh! Bloody drama queens, the pair of you! The fact that V’ler was her own personal rock had the image of anything more than a cold being wrong with him impossible in Indivara’s mind. What could hurt a rock?

Where is he? She sighed, exasperated, as she stood up and put her dishes on the pile of dirty ones for the kitchen folk to clean up. She washed her hands, and dried them while she waited for Venseth to play messenger. She didn’t have to wait for long. He is going to someone called Quennell? Indivara paused, and blinked, before dashing out of the dining hall, calling Venseth down to her as she did so. A moment later, she made a running leap and scrambled aboard her dragon. C’mon then. He’s over that way. She knew Quennell, though Venseth had a habit of forgetting people he didn’t consider important to the moment, Indivara had been to see the old healer on several occasions and she knew one thing for sure – V’ler wouldn’t go to see a healer if he could avoid it. She could still remember the way his face went white and he looked like he was about to pass out one time she sliced her finger while cutting up fruit. The man was pathetic like that.

The pair landed shortly later on the other side of the Weyr, and Indivara slid off her dragon, giving him a slap to the shoulder in reassurance. She pet Veeth’s nose as she passed him, giving him a kiss and some reassuring words. She was quite sure V’ler wasn’t in immediate danger of dying, so their dragons needed to settle the fuck down and relax. Shaking her head at the antics of dragons, Indivara strode purposefully towards Quennell’s personal rooms, easily catching sight of a wonky looking V’ler standing outside. Frowning, Indivara closed the distance between them, her bright blue eyes studying her friend intently. “Faranth, Val. What the fuck did you do to yourself?” Stepping past him, she gave a couple of solid thwacks to the door, and then wriggled her way under V’ler’s right arm, wrapping one arm around his waist and looking up at the bluerider. She wasn’t tall enough to be more than a crutch, but she was strong enough to hold most of his woozy weight.

“You better hope he’s home,” she punctuated this by aiming a kick at the door, at the same time it opened. Indivara stumbled a little to collect her weight and what of V’ler’s she was carrying, and her irritated gaze shifted up to meet Quennells. “Got a minute?” She asked, snippy, but he just waved them in without a word.

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

V'ler didn't get a chance to reply to her comment before the man in question was ushering them in. The older man asked his questions about what happened and even seemed patient when V'ler struggled to explain. It was only partially due to emabarrassment about his clumsiness and being too absorbed in his own head. Mostly it was due to the pain. In slow sentences he explained his walk and apparent tumble and winced when Quennell filled in some blanks based on his injuries. It seemed his left arm broke the majority of his fall but he still smacked his head on the ground causing a small gash to appear. He was assured that the blood that he realized had been trickling down his neck and in his hairline seemed like a lot due to head wounds bleeding a lot even if they're small cuts. He offered Indivara a crook of the lips that could be called a faint smile to assure her he was fine despite all the blood that was adding to the queasiness he was feeling.

Unfortunately that smile faded quickly when Quennell began fussing with his wrist after he checked his head. "Broken?" V'ler repeated the word after the pain that caused his vision to blur when the Healer touched his hand faded. "No. I need that. I write with that hand. I need it for the guitar. I write with that hand," he stated again, not aware he was repeating himself as he glared at the Healer and his wrist in turns. He was a Harper. Well, a bluerider that was a Harper, but still one all the same. He wrote songs. He wrote about history being made. He was constantly writing. How was he supposed to live without that if it didn't heal?

Panic started to set in and green eyes went wide as he came up with scenarios that all ended in doomsday for him. What if the break never healed? What if it healed but something messed up and he still couldn't use his hand? What if it healed and there was nerve damage and he couldn't hold a quill or he could but his hand shook so much he couldn't read his beautiful writing?

A small blast of cold hit it from the side as Quill and Vex made their appearance, chittering anxiously at him. Veeth had done well to keep them away as long as he had and while the high pitched voices were adding to his headache, V'ler was happy to see his two blue firelizards. His right hand went out to give each a pat on their small heads, liking their distraction from his horrifying thoughts even though those were likely what brought them to him. Still, he sent them to sit on the other side of the room so they wouldn't be in the way of Quennell who had returned with a tray of supplies to apparently set his wrist. The Healer started to explain what he was about to do but V'ler tuned him out and looked away. He didn't like blood and didn't like pain. He really didn't want to hear about anything the man was about to do to him.

Unless it involved a glass of fellis or a bath of numbweed.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara snorted at V’ler’s rambling, rolling her eyes heavenward and punching him lightly in his right shoulder, since she’d migrated to that side after Quennell had gotten him situated. “Don’t be such a baby,” she snapped, using the same brisk tone she was known for. “You have another hand. Besides, it’s just a simple break. Isn’t it?” She looked demandingly at Quennell for confirmation of that fact, but didn’t bother listening to his actual response. “See? It’ll be healed up in what? Six weeks?” Again she glanced at the retired Healer, but didn’t bother listening to his actual response. She was interrupted by her own firelizards making an appearance.

Queenie popped in above Indivara’s head, and landed lightly on her shoulder, wrapping her tail around the girl’s neck like a golden accessory and rubbing her cheek against Indivara’s jawline. Indivara pet her absently, while Saph went to comfort his fellow blues. You should probably be a little more reassuring and a little less… you. Venseth put in teasingly, eyes whirling with amusement as he cuddled beside Veeth to help comfort the older blue dragon. Hush you; he doesn’t need me being weird. He needs me being normal. I’ve broken bones before. Venseth’s surprise flickered along their bond, and she felt him digging up the memories of those times, curious.

“See this arm,” Indivara shoved her left arm out in front of V’ler, forcing him to look at it. “Probably the healthiest part of my body – hasn’t even got a scar on this part –, and I broke it when I was seven. Fell out of a tree. Can you believe it?” She quirked a half smile at V’ler, worried he was about to pass out on her. He probably would when Quennell set the bone; she tried not to show her concern about that as she took to rambling cheerfully at him, hoping the Healer would take the prompt and set the bone while V’ler was at least mildly distracted. “A little break won’t stop you. I mean really, Val. You survived being Stolen. You survived Veeth’s Hatching and that was a damned disaster; remember what Hoth did?” she pointed with her pointer finger at her face, staring at him determinedly. “You survived the landslide and all the fresh hell that brought about. But you worry about a broken arm?” she poked him in the forehead with the same finger she’d poked at herself a moment ago.

I am not cut out for this shit, Ven.

2023-AugustBluerider - FemaleCandidatePA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

V'ler's eyes went wide again as Indivara laced into him. It wasn't that he was surprised at her tone, he heard it often enough to know it as her simply speaking. It was when she was using soft tones and sweet language that one had to worry. Perhaps her lack of sympathy was part of his shock given he wasn't entirely in the right frame of mind but he decided it was more she was making some sense. He was left hand dominant and could some tasks with his right hand but he'd never actually considered learning to right with it. He could start that when he got home if the pain had subsided enough.

He was still considering that idea when Indivara continued her babbling, and it was definitely babbling. His head quirked to the side as he studied her, wondering if she had been the one to hit her head and caused unlimited words to spew from her mouth. That had to be it since some of what she was saying hadn't entirely been bad. "I didn't mind being Stolen," he stated matter of factly. It had opened up a door on a whole new life and given him a chance to see real dragons instead of only singing about them at Holds that didn't appreciate it. "I ended up in worse shape than this sometimes after performing at Holds," he confessed without thinking. He had only shared that tidbit of knowledge to one other person though it was hard to think of names at the moment and he couldn't recall who it was. Thinking on his past life made him realize how lucky he was that the upset Holders had never gone for breaking fingers or his hand. He'd always been careful to guard them when he was ganged up on when leaving a Hold, though it was usually only a couple drunk men that punched or kicked him when he was down getting across their anger at their prowess being put into question by insinuating dragonriders were still needed to save them.

Veeth's hatching had been amazing in the fact that he Impressed to the beautiful soul that was his blue dragon but he could still recall in vivid detail the way Hoth had mauled Indivara beside him. He had barely stayed conscious from seeing the blood but it helped make him stronger in a way as well, which was needed for the landslide. Of course he had survived it; he had to be there for others to make it through. Indivara had lost family and friend and had very little else to turn to. But he supposed she was right and that he had been through worse and made it out alive and with his writing hand intact. Still, he'd start practicing with his right hand as soon as--

V'ler thought he had known pain before but whatever Quennell had just done blew that right out of the water. A yelp and a few choice words came out in response and one second he was looking at Indivara, planning on saying something to her, and the next his eyes were rolling into the back of his head and he was slumping in the chair.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

“Of course you did,” Indivara replied dryly, amused. She’d heard stories about some of the situations V’ler had found himself in after opening his big mouth around bigger-mouthed Holder folk who weren’t interested in knowing about the dragonriders. More fool them, when people like V’ler had been right all along; she couldn’t imagine a world without dragons, and was glad she had never had to live in one. Indivara felt Venseth touch lightly against her mind with a flurry of love and affection, but she could also feel his concern for V’ler. He’ll be fine, she reassured him, and left him to reassure Veeth… which was needed, because suddenly V’ler was passed out and slumped in the chair.

Indivara snorted, brushing V’ler’s hair back from his forehead with amusement. Poor boy really had no pain tolerance at all! Not that she remembered very clearly how she’d coped when her own broken arm had been set; but had the break been as bad as the one V’ler had suffered? She wasn’t sure, but she watched with interest as Quennell finished setting the bones back the way they were supposed to be, and wrapped the break. She listened carefully as he instructed her on what to do with it. She doubted she’d be allowed anywhere near the healing arm, especially given her tendency to ignore the advice of Healers, but she knew V’ler would be antsy about it. His writing hand and everything.

How’s Veeth doing? she queried, still playing absently with V’ler’s hair.
Better, now he understands. Are you going to stay there tonight or will we be going home?
We’ll go home, as soon as Val is conscious enough to walk there. He should come to shortly.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

As V'ler came to, he instinctively reached up to bat away the hand that was playing with his hair -- and no doubt leaving it in tiny braids as had happened in past situations -- and winced and gasped from the pain of the action. His hand never made contact with the hand bugging him which was likely a good thing since it would have been with his left one that was throbbing and he didn't think the resulting pain would be worth it.

Instead he opened his eyes and was momentarily confused about where he was. He saw Indivara first, the one playing with his hair and looking one part concerned and one part annoyed so he knew things weren't too bad. When he saw Quennell everything came back to him and he looked down at the nicely wrapped hand of his. It still upset him that he had been so careless and it caused him such pain and potentially his life's passion but V'ler was letting it go for now since he had been told it would heal cleanly if he took care of it. That meant not using it, sleeping with it propped up, and keeping his horny dragon from chasing anyone for at least a month. V'ler snorted when he was told that one. He'd been begging Veeth for years to ease up on the chasing every green that took to the sky.

You were never hurt or sick before. I promise I'll stay put when the next lovely lady flies. I won't hurt you! V'ler frowned at the panic in Veeth's voice and reached out to ease that fear. I'm okay for now, Veeth. We'll take it easy as per Quennell's orders, okay? You can even chase Larrikith the next time she flies as a treat. V'ler shuddered at his own words, hating the thought of actually winning another one of their flights and ending up in bed with B'jin. He was extremely confident that wouldn't happen thanks to B'jin being not-mated to R'nd and their dragons being faithful. But it made Veeth happy and that was the important thing.

With his good hand, V'ler reached out for Indivara's hand and smiled weakly at her. She had been there for him when he called for help and even babbled her way through comforting him when he knew she was terrible at it. They had an odd relationship and while it worked for them, he sometimes wondered why it did and how they ended up as such comfortable friends when they started out with a sassy kid throwing sticks at him up in a tree until she fell. He smirked a bit more at the memory and how he simply put a foot on her chest to keep her pinned to the ground. A few exchanges of words and somehow, a short time later, they were getting along in their own unique way.

He gave her hand a small squeeze as a silent thank you and looked back to Quennell. He seriously had no idea why he wasn't sick from the pain or still unconscious from it; though perhaps it'd be a vicious cycle of passing out and waking up due to it. "Can I get some fellis to take when I get home?" He wasn't a fan of any sort of substance, especially those with addictive properties but V'ler knew he was a baby with pain and just looking at his hand turned his stomach and made him want to slip back into unconsciousness.

Letting go of Indivara's hand, V'ler took the offered bottle of sweet relief and and waved for his fussy firelizards to head out before them, which they did with a lot of chittering. He had no doubts that they'd be squabbling over his pillow when he got back as they decided in their own way who would sleep on half of it curled around his head.

"Hey, Vara? Let's go home," with the bottle tucked into the crook of his left arm, V'ler held out his right hand again for her. He was determined to make the trip back on his own just as he had somehow made it to Quennell on his own but he was a bit loopy and felt like holding her hand seemed pleasant.

And maybe he'd fall onto her if he passed out again and have a softer landing.

V'ra
of Blue Venseth

Date of Birth
05.04.716 AL, 28
Height
4'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Dark Brown

Threads

Indivara frowned when V’ler reached up to bat her hand away from his hair as he finally came around again. In an effort not to have him smacking her hadn’t with his broken one, she removed her fingers from his hair, settling her hand at the back of his neck instead. Despite the movement to a new location, her fingers continued to play through the silky strands as she watched him converse with Veeth; it wasn’t hard to guess what that conversation would be about, considering the instructions just outlined once more by Quennell. Indivara smirked, but kept her comments to herself in an unusual display of self restraint.

Lacing her fingers through his when V’ler took her hand, Indivara returned the gentle squeeze, amused by the way her fellow bluerider quickly turned and begged for drugs. She clucked her tongue against her teeth playfully, and was rewarded by Queenie giving V’ler a sound scolding from her perch on Indivara’s shoulder. Again, Indivara held her own tongue, but she was saving up every moment for future usage, starting with the way V’ler was clinging to that bottle of fellis. A teasing smirk was on her lips when V’ler turned and held his hand out to her; she hasn’t realised he’d released it to collect his medicine.

Indivara too the offered hand, standing perhaps a little closer than was actually needed, she flashed her quirky grin up at V’ler. “Think you can make it?” She teased, helping him hobble to the door and out of it. She has no intentions of being landed on if he fell, he was quite big enough to crush her, thank you. She’d just have to dodge, and her smirk said she’d watch him crumple when she did. “At least you had the good grace to break your left arm. I’d hate to disturb our sleeping locations.” And she smiled innocently.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)