World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 731.06.04 | Over Already? [Erisi]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
What an evening.

Tal sighed and peeled his bloody gloves off, tossing them into a garbage bin before sighing and reaching for the mug of Klah that some apprentice had brought to him. Maybe being a Master wasn't so bad after all, he thought dourly.

Farlint was all right. Indivara was...in one piece. Both of them would live, and they'd probably both have a full recovery. There would be scars, though. The whole evening had been a mess, filled with blood and vomit and rage. Talian hated it. Blood and exposed bone didn't churn his stomach, but the raw negativity staining what was supposed to be a magical evening sure did.

So much for the charming legend of the dragonriders.

He sighed and turned from the hall, knowing he could do nothing else for his patients but let them sleep. There were others to tend to any immediate needs they might have.

Tal frowned and stepped outside in the cooling autumn air. He should have felt relieved and proud of himself for what he'd done. Instead, he just felt lonely. He knew who he needed to talk to. He just dreaded actually doing it.

Not B'jin. B'jin would undoubtedly be basking in the aftermath of the hatching. After all, one of his searchees had Impressed a bronze. A gold had hatched, too...something not even Talian could deny the importance of. B'jin deserved to enjoy his evening without being disturbed by his problematic, high-maintenance little ward. Let the dragonriders have their misguided fun...

Tal wanted to speak to Erisi. Tal's pessimistic nature took over, reminding him that this might be his last chance. He remembered how cold he'd felt when he saw Erisi with that little green hatchling. Too many things had changed for Tal in the past few months. He didn't want anything else to!

Maybe his mind was still sick.

By the time he'd sorted his thoughts out, he'd walked most of the way to the hatching circuit. It was fairly quiet. Many of the new hatchlings were sleeping, though some still shuffled about. Some of the new weyrlings were chattering among one another in hushed tones.

Tal crept into the barracks. It didn't take him long to find Erisi. The healer sucked in a deep breath and knocked on the door frame before sticking his head in.

"...Eri?"

It was still the same Eri, right?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi was asleep, and with a dragonet like Charath, no one could blame him. He had tried sleeping on his bed, but when Charath decided to climb into it he relented and let her have it. The Harper had move instead to a chair near the door to his new barrack, head rolled back as he tried to get some rest. For some reason, Charath later gave up the bed to lay at her bonded's feet, her neck craned upwards so she could lay her head in Erisi's lap. His hand rested on her snout, and a leg was draped over the green dragonet's back. It was almost comical to see someone so off-putting in a warm entanglement with his new dragonet. Erisi would likely later deny that he had been cuddling with Charath at all.

He didn't wake at the knock, but Charath did. One eye opened, a calm blue-green as she observed Talian peeking in around the door. She didn't talk to him, however, because she would never quite be the dragon who enjoyed barging into people's minds just to have a chat with them. Erisi was good conversation as it was, and well, she really didn't like many others beside him. Her like of Valerian was some sort of weird miracle, and one day perhaps she'd come around to talking to him. Wake up. Someone is here to see you. You are lucky that I am even bothering to get you up.

Erisi grumbled a response, and Charath's chest heaved with an audible sigh.

I do believe you like this one, so it'd be best for you to not sleep while he is here.

"Whoisit?" Erisi finally relented to his dragonet's desire to see him wake, though he was clearly still half-asleep. He didn't even bother to open his eyes for Talian, instead just petting Charath's snout lazily. The little green decided to take matters into her own claws, and gently peeled away from Erisi to make her way over to Talian. She sat just in front of him, green tail curling around her own legs. And then, she did nothing else.

She sat there and stared him down. It was almost as if she was guarding Erisi until Talian verified who he was, but really she knew that Erisi trusted the man, and was simply trying to mess with his head. Her gaze was unwavering, unblinking, even though her mind was suddenly filled with delight at the idea that she got to play while her bonded didn't pay any attention.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Tal froze when he realized that his friend was asleep. He hated to wake Erisi after such a strenuous night, and he certainly didn't want to call the attention of the dragonet. It appeared, however, that he'd already done both.

He frowned as the greenling untangled itself from Erisi and crawled forth, curling up neatly before him.  He didn't dare take a step past the little thing. Green dragons were the single greatest force of evil on Pern. Surely this one would not hesitate to disembowel him, or at the very least scream in his head until he wanted to disembowel himself.

It was Eri's dragonet, though. Tal kept that in mind and made an effort to respect the little beast. Eri probably liked it, so Tal would try to like it to. Try!

"Eri," Tal was weakly, looking past the dragonet and looking over his friend. "I'm sorry to wake you, I...I wanted to come see you, but I was in the infirmary. " Poor Farlint. Poor Indivara.

Talian managed a smile, in spite of being ridiculously nervous. That dragonet sitting between them would be there forever. Tal was trying his best to be happy for Eri and not let it bother him, at least outwardly. "...Congratulations," he said meekly, hoping it didn't sound too insincere. He meant it, he was just horribly, horribly torn.

He hated uncertainty.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Talian?" Erisi was starting to finally wake up, a hand lifting to his face to rub the sleep out of his eyes. Charath remained motionless in front of Talian, though she knew her bonded liked the Healer. She was trying to mess with a head that Erisi wanted her to leave alone. She likely would have stayed there until earning some great reaction out of Talian, but Erisi decided that then was a good time to interfere.

"Charath, stop it. You're not spooking him," he spoke softly to his dragonet, his voice weary, indicating that he had been dealing with her shenanigans all night long. She was certainly a spitfire from the moment she had hatched. Charath was a lot of personality, and Erisi still wasn't confident that he was equipped with the capability of handling her. "It's okay," he continued, his attention now back on Talian. Charath still wasn't standing down, but after another tired look from her Harper, she returned to his side. Her head found itself back in his lap, and Erisi was then content to remain where he was.

"I figured you'd be busy. The Hatching was... more violent then I thought it would be. Come in - Charath probably won't let me move." It was almost as if she was staking a silent claim. She didn't hate Talian, but she was not the warmest of dragonets to begin with. The most interactive she got was when she was trying to play a prank on someone, unless Valerian was around. You're still upset over that? I didn't pick him, you know. Hey, hey. You're falling asleep again, wake up. He wants to talk to you.

Erisi shook his head, casting Talian an apologetic look. "Thanks. I'm not sure... what to think of it. It's just happened and, well, Charath keeps distracting me from thinking."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"It was," Talian agreed grimly. The hatching had been horrible. Farlint would need a lot of time to recover and Indivara would be scarred for life. The little dragons were so voracious! Talian had heard many stories of the close bond between dragon and rider. Perhaps in those first few minutes, alone and unbonded, the dragonets were wild with loneliness and need.

That would certainly explain something. Creatures were awfully unpredictable while mad with loneliness.

Tal nervously stepped around Charath and approached Eri as close as he dared, though he obviously wished to come closer. "Charath, eh?" he asked, shifting his eyes to the green and then back to his friend. What was he supposed to say? Both of them knew this whole thing was a horrible accident. It could just have easily been Tal Impressing against his will. That certainly begged a question.

"Is it...everything they say it is?" the healer asked cautiously.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I am not going to bite him.

"He doesn't know that."

Then why don't you tell him?

"Why don't you?" It seemed that pointless bickering would be a thing between Erisi and his new dragonet. For a moment he was completely distracted from Talian by the little green, who naturally nearly demanded all of his attention. Their bond was new, but it was certainly strong. Erisi had never shown such outward care for any being beyond himself - even Talian would never quite earn the attention that Charath did. It was no insult to his friend, merely just the nature of their bond.

I am not talking to him. He is your friend. Charath responded, and Erisi sighed. As Talian dared to venture closer, Charath dared to mess with him a little more, just because she knew her bonded wouldn't approve. She sucked in a deep breath, rumbling as deeply as she could in her chest in an attempt to 'scare' him. It might have had more impact if Erisi hadn't lightly slapped her nose. She stared up at him, eyes wide, and squawked pitifully.

"Charath, yes. Don't mind her - she's trying to play with you." Erisi gave her a look that said she better be playing nicely at that. "Well, uh, I guess. I mean, she sort of completes me in a way. They say the bond is strong, and it is. But, I hardly feel a sense of duty or obligation to this Weyr. I feel... confused. I really didn't think this would happen."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian didn't expect to compete with Charath. His only consolation was the differing nature of the bond; Charath would fill a different need. That didn't change the bone-chilling prospect of Eri having to make a choice one day, but hopefully it would never come to that. Tal decided right away to stop thinking about it. After all, many dragonriders had close friendships with one another, in spite of their ugly beasts being in the way. If they could do it, why did this have to be any different?

The fact that Eri was willing to take the time to talk to Talian when he had this newly bonded thing alongside him was consolation enough, at least for now. Talian managed a smile. It was tired, but it was honest.

"I don't blame you," Talian said lightly. "I imagine that's a control tacttic they're relying on...we Impress dragons and suddenly want to be team players," he said. He was pleased to hear that Eri wasn't joining the dark side just yet. He'd half expected to walk in and hear Eri singing ballads to dragons.

Talian swallowed hard. "It's okay...she's not bothering me," he lied, eyeing Charath with mistrust. He wanted to like the little thing, since it was part of Erisi now...and shards, he didn't want to wind up like B'jin's old lover Nemall. But it was still a dragon. Vile creatures.

He kept his cool around her, at least. "I didn't either.I'm glad she makes you happy, though.." Talian said, aware of the awkwardness in his own voice. He was so confused, so uncertain of how to feel.

"Shards, you and Val both. I'm not sure if I'm relieved of if I feel left behind," he confessed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He doesn't like me. Charath told Erisi, not entirely sure how she felt about it. That alone was a dangerous slope for whatever acceptance Charath had for Talian. If he didn't like her, she wouldn't bother with trying to like him. Valerian was far more enjoyable, and didn't send her such unpleasant looks! Erisi could tell that she was already tuning Talian out, her interest in the newcomer waning... and it was something Erisi didn't quite want to happen. He wanted his dragonet to like Talian, to accept him as Erisi's friend. Erisi could sympathize with Talian's position - they had both hated the idea of being dragonriders for so long that with even seeing Erisi and Charath together, it was hard to overcome that prejudice.

"Give him time, love," Erisi pleaded with the green. Charath's gaze flicked up to Talian, and with a soft 'harrumph' she decided to wait it out and see how things progressed. Talian had a second chance, but it wouldn't last long.

"Talian, if I couldn't tell that she bothers you, she can. She's fairly perceptive, and it's okay not to like her, but give her a chance? If you don't, she won't." It was the first time Erisi had really asked something from Talian in that tone of voice, like it was essential that Talian listen to him and at least give it a shot. "She's bothersome, annoying, aggravating, mischievous, and vindictive. But, none of those things really make her that bad at all." Even he felt like he was being too emotional about this, and he was surprised that Charath wasn't laughing at him for acting like a wherry.

"We're still here, Talian. We just have permanent attachments, now. Neither of us would ever desire to leave you behind."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There was still one thing that made Charath bad, though. It was something she couldn't help, but also happened to be her worst quality. She was a dragon.

Tal bit his lip and looked at her. Erisi's request resonated in his mind for a few long seconds as he considered the situation. The little demon obviously meant something to his friend now. They had a bond that would be part of each of them forever, and the same was true of Valerian and his little blue. Erisi was asking Talian to give her a chance...

No matter how much he didn't want to, Tal couldn't bear the thought of winding up like Nemall, whose relationship with B'jin had come to a violent end after a decades long feud with Larrikith. Tal couldn't stand the idea of winding up like that, to see the look on Eri's face as he made the inevitable choice. A lump formed in Tal's throat.

He looked at Eri with a mixture of distaste and empathy. His lips said nothing, but his eyes said 'only for you'. They widened with what may have been pain as he knelt down and extended one hand in greeting to the little green. He expected her to bite it off, but he held it steady just the same, just to show that he would. No matter how much he didn't want to, he would.

He would give her one chance, for Eri. Eri deserved that much.

"Um, hello there Charath. My name is Talian," he whispered, trying to be optimistic. It was hard for him, but he was at least putting in a visible effort.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Erisi didn't think this would go well, and the sudden whirl of emotions rising in his chest was hidden from his friend's prying eyes. Charath, however, could tell that her bonded was starting to get upset. Erisi knew Talian didn't like dragons, knew that Talian was only putting up with Charath because she was his'... and that actually hurt. He had no idea why he had become so emotional, but when things involved Charath it sort of just happened. Talian clearly didn't like Charath, and was only putting forth any amount of effort to befriend her because Erisi had asked it of him.

This was going to be tough.

A lot of this was riding on Talian's effort, and Charath's willpower to play nicely. He could already feel it, the urge in her to play meanly with Talian. Only his emotions seemed to put a damper on the ideas forming in her head. He is very uncomfortable. Wait, don't get upset! I won't do anything right now. Don't look at me like that. She creeled pitifully at her bonded, sensing Erisi's distress from merely watching Talian's attempt to make friends with his dragonet. It was taking Talian a lot of effort, something that Charath could easily ruin.

Tell him that I say hello. Even now, though she knew her bonded wanted her to talk to Talian herself, she would not do it. Instead, the green dragonet remained patient with the Healer. As he held his hand out to her, she craned her neck forwards, lightly resting her chin against his open palm. Her eyes whirled and focused on Erisi, trusting that her bonded hadn't just thrust her into a tight situation.

"She says 'hello', Tal."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian could sense the boiling emotions in the room. He wasn't sure if the little green was actually projecting her emotions or if Erisi was just making them amazingly visible. Talian swallowed hard as he waited, his muscles tense with nervousness.

He was screwing up. Erisi could see his reluctance. Shards, the green could probably just read it right out of his mind! Talian worked hard to keep his breath steady as he sat there in fear. It was all he could do not to apologize and bolt from the room.

He was screwing up!

He swallowed hard and held fast, determined not to let Eri down with his own cowardice. "She can talk to me," he said softly, not sure if Charath was avoiding direct speech because she was cautious or because she already disliked him. "..if she wants to," he added with a touch of caution himself, trying to be respectful of the little green. Eri loved her...that...should be enough.

His heart skipped a beat when she set her head down in his hand. She was so soft! Even softer than the grown ones. He swallowed his fear and reached up with his free hand, stroking her snout delicately. "It's...nice to meet you," he said, voice shaking slightly and eyes widening in intrigue. No matter how much he wanted to hate them, they were pretty amazing...

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

So far, so good. He knew that Charath was being tolerable of Talian's nerves, but it seemed as if the opportunity for her to genuinely like him was slipping by fast. Perhaps, when Talian got comfortable around dragons there'd be a chance for Charath to re-evaluate her estimation of the Healer. But, for now, simply agreeing to be nice to Talian was a miracle. Charath had already outright snubbed a few people he had talked to - if she didn't like someone, Erisi knew that she wouldn't bother with them. What attempts she was making to be friendly with Talian was being done purely for his own sake. She did not hate Talian, but she did not favor him either.

"She doesn't talk to anyone else," Erisi said with a small shrug of his shoulders, explaining his dragonet's apparent 'silence' towards Talian. "She won't even talk to Valerian, despite how much she praises him in conversation with me. I tried coaxing her into it already, and she's not interested." Talian was probably used to dragons who didn't mind talking to other humans, and barged in on his thoughts without a care. There were dragons like that, but there was also dragons like Charath, who took to few people beyond her bonded, and even those people she did take well to... she didn't feel like speaking with.

Charath sighed softly against Talian's hand, as if releasing a breath of nerves. No harm had come to her, and her bonded seemed pleased with the display. Charath knew he was stressed, knew that his worries about his new life were creeping back up on him. It was a lot of emotion, and Charath was still too young to properly deal with her own emotions and her bonded's. This was much better and easier on the both of them, this lull of peace. You are happy?

"Yes." he answered to Charath and then to Talian said, "She's pleased to meet you too."

Liar. I didn't say that.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian nodded slowly. "I understand that," he replied. He'd heard that was more normal for dragons. He just had the dubious honor of only really being close to Larrikith, who clearly didn't give a shard. He swallowed hard again and allowed himself to smile just a little bit as Charath sighed against him. His touch grew bolder, his fingers pressing down just a bit more firmly as he ran them across her snout and down her neck. She was pleasant to touch.

"She's cute," he finally admitted. He was normally inclined to find dragons hideously ugly, but Charath's mannerisms, matched with her small size, were growing on him just a bit. He couldn't really place why. Perhaps it was because she was being so tolerable, not screaming at him or doing anything of the like. Judging by Eri's description, though, she probably wanted to.

Tal wasn't stupid. He picked up on the untruthfulness in Eri's tone right away. "You don't have to lie to me," he said. He didn't take offense, though there was a touch of sadness. He really didn't want this to be a problem.

He realized he was going to have to do something.

"Charath," Talian said lightly, letting both hands rest on her neck for a few seconds. "I'm sorry if I was thinking ugly thoughts about you when I came in. This is all very new to me," he said honestly. "And some other dragons have been very harsh towards me before. But Eri loves you, and you love him," he said.  He assumed both to be true...the bond was legendary. He managed a smile for her. "I'm sort of scared of dragons, but Eri is my best friend, and I love what he loves," he said with affirmation. This was something he needed to do, not just for himself, but also for Eri.

He stroked her nose again, for good measure. He was much more relaxed already, though perhaps a little bit withdrawn and drained from that downpour of emotion.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It is sad that he is only just now noticing that I am cute. Charath said with smug pleasure, and Erisi rolled his eyes in an exaggerated motion just so she would notice. Erisi was beginning to wonder if she was taking on a bit of his own personality, and then that led him to wondering grimly if she had been born like that. If this was how she behaved now, she was only going to get worse as she got older. For being freshly bonded, Erisi was already familiar with her personality - there were some surprises in store for him, of course, and perhaps that was the most worrisome part about knowing his dragonet.

"I'm sorry. She's kind of like me... very selective about who's presence she enjoys. She doesn't dislike you, but neither does she really like you. Honestly, it's a lot better than how she's treated other people she's seen." Erisi wasn't sure that would be much comfort, but as he saw it Charath's reaction to Talian was far favorable than it could have been. They were both trying now, so maybe they could come to some sort of mutual friendship. Erisi wasn't sure if it would, so he was satisfied with how things had progressed so far. Neither hated the other.

If he calls me pretty again, I think I can forgive him.

"Really, you're lucky she doesn't talk to you," Erisi amended with another sigh.

Charath accepted Talian's attention, and obviously enjoyed being pet and having someone nearly on their knees begging for her forgiveness. It put her in a position of superiority, which was always going to play to Charath's good side. She hadn't quite decided if she could actually like the Healer yet, but she had forgiven him for being so stand-offish to her. With a soft croon, she finally pulled her head back out of her hands, moving back over to Erisi to lay down at his feet. Her head found rest in his lap, and she was content.

"Thank you, Tal. She's feeling a lot better," Erisi flashed a smile towards his friend.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian managed a little laugh. "I...don't mind her being like you. You are my best friend, after all," he said. Tal wasn't sure what it was that attracted him to abrasive personalities. He'd been perpetually negative towards  Larrikith for a variety of reasons, but perhaps he could look past it for this green dragon. He didn't even particularly mind if the little dragon disliked him, so long as it didn't upset Eri or cause any problems.

He gave her one more stroke as she pulled away. "She's a nice color," Tal conceded. "Will she stay that color, or will she change as she grows up?" The hatchlings all seemed rather bland compared to the adult dragons, though there was a certain crispness to their hues. Tal watched as Charath crawled away to rejoin her bonded. For now, Tal was satisfied. He still wasn't sure what to make of the little thing, but he'd been as honest as he could and there had been no disaster. That was a start.

"Congratulations, Eri," he added, though he wasn't sure what the proper etiquette was. He knew Eri hadn't wanted to be a rider, but he obviously loved his little dragon already. What a strange thing Impression was.

Tal felt awkward, but he also felt relieved. Eri's reassurance that he wasn't going anywhere was enough for Tal, and he suspected that even an effort to get along with Charath meant something to the man. He smiled and took a few steps closer, deciding to risk having a seat on the edge of Eri's bed. "So what happens now?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I think she's worse," Erisi mused, and Charath seemed to be rather fond of the assumption, for she crooned as well. Now that things had fallen back into peace between Talian and Charath, he could relax and realize that the Hatching had completely exhausted him. It had started in the evening, and has lasted several long hours. After Impressing Charath, he had the green dragonet to contend with, and she was about as worse as being made to stand through the Hatching in how much energy she drained from him. He reclined back, watching Talian idly.

"Mmm, honestly, I don't know. I hardly paid attention in Candidate Classes, especially when it concerned dragons." He laughed softly, a far more open gesture than he was used to giving. He had Charath, though, and that made him happy. It was a rare feeling for Erisi, who had felt out of place and disconnected from Katila Weyr from the moment he set foot into its boundaries. Of course, he had done that to himself, and likely would continue to do so. Charath was his reprieve, and a small bit of his sanity. She wasn't that sane to begin with, so he should probably be more concerned than he was. "I think she will. All the larger dragons look more unique."

I just look the way I do now because I did not want to blind you with the beauty of my hide.

"Oh for Faranth's sake," he groaned, rubbing his hand over face tiredly.

"Thanks, Tal. Honestly, I don't know. I imagine they'll try and assimilate me into their ranks." Erisi rolled his eyes again, clearly unimpressed by the idea. "It's not like I'll let them. But, we'll see how things go. I'm trying not to stress myself out by thinking it over."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian smiled again, this time a bit more warmly. "I suppose now it hardly the time for you to be thinking about stressful things," Tal said quietly. He was muted and subdued, but not unhappy. In fact, the young man was radiating jut a bit of comforted warmth, reassured now that he wasn't going to lose his best friend to this little green monster.

Tal looked at her, and in her saw saw just a little piece of Erisi. Maybe it was just because he knew it was there, but maybe her young mind was broadcasting her feelings. Maybe he could just tell. Either way, in his own quiet and distant manner, he accepted it. A little more Erisi couldn't be a bad thing, even if it came in the form of a little green demon.

He stood up and reached over, gently setting one hand on Erisi's neck and rubbing it gently. He knew enough about dragons to leave sexuality out of it. He was thinking from the angle of a healer, trying to alleviate a bit of stress and put his friend at ease. Erisi was fortunate; Talian's gentle hands knew where all the best pressure points were.

He enjoyed a few quiet minutes alongside his friend, doing what he could to relieve the pain and stress of what had been a horribly long day for both of them. He still felt accepted and wanted by his friend, which was reason enough to be calm and accepting in return. Erisi and Charath, huh? The next few months were going to be exciting indeed.

"I suppose I'll let you sleep soon, then," Tal said soothingly, and maybe with just a hint of sadness. It would be okay, though. For once, and for the first time in a while, he really believed those words.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It was funny how that despite how much time they had spent together, Erisi hadn't earned a proper massage out of the Healer. Perhaps it was because he was more focused on sexual interaction, which was completely out of his mind now, that he hadn't coerced Talian into a more simply enjoyment. Erisi sighed softly, eyes drifting shut as Talian tenderly worked those pressure points. Charath snuffed at him, clearly a little jealous that her bonded was getting a massage over her. Erisi would doubtlessly make it up to her later, but right now he was too tired and relaxed to do much of anything.

Nothing was said between them, and even Charath wasn't voicing her opinion. Erisi would later find out that it was because she had fallen asleep before him. He was thankful for the first peace and quiet he had gotten the entire evening. Everything had been so stressful from the moment the dragons had started humming. Erisi had almost been convinced to try and get out of it, which meant he'd never have met Charath... and that thought resounded sadly in his head. "Thanks," he said warmly, and while he felt the tiniest inclination to kiss Talian's cheek in appreciation, he didn't.

"I needed that," he continued, and while there wasn't a smile on his face, it could probably be heard in his voice.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)