World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 738.08.27 | Testing Nature
4 PM | Open to 1-2 people

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
The fact that Mother Nature was throwing a spectacular tantrum seemed of little to no concern to the young man sitting atop the large bronze dragon, the beast shifting with his wings half extended as he walked awkwardly down to the lake, the rain pounding his hide and creating a misty shimmer around him. Atop him, N'mor was soaked to the bone, his hair slicked down and pushed out of his face. He was riding his dragon without riding straps, a hazardous idea even if they weren't up in the sky: Rhezalth was slipping in the soggy ground as he made his way to finally stop at the edge of the lake. When Rhezalth knelt down, N'mor slipped lithely off him, and landed with a squelching splash in the muddy grounds.

"I am hearty sick of all this rain, Rhez."

As am I, the bronze acknowledged, looking up into the rain, one layer of his eyelids closed to protect them. At least it is not storming yet. I don't particularly care for lightening.

N'mor laughed softly, and slapped his bronze on the shoulder. "Well, you don't have to get in for a dip. You're wet enough to soap up without it." Moving over to the small hut near the lake, N'mor let himself in and returned shortly after with a large bucket of soap-sand, and a large scrubbing brush that he kept there. Some dragonriders preferred to keep their items in their private weyrs, but N'mor found it easier to keep it by the lake, as it meant trying to juggle less items in transit with a single arm.

Rhezalth sat down on his haunches to display his belly to N'mor, who began scrubbing there, the great dragon shifting to stand up and over his human to allow him the best reach for all the good spots - like in the creases where his legs joined his body, and between his toes. The great bronze hummed placidly to himself as he enjoyed the scrub, while N'mor rambled about whatever thoughts crossed his mind as he worked, one armed and determined. It had been a long growth for both him and Rhezalth for N'mor to get to the point where his non-primary (and only) arm was strong enough to successfully wash his whole dragon by himself. N'mor was quite sure he was stronger than most other dragonriders, who alternated between arms and took a lot of breaks when it came to scrubbing their dragons. The young man took quiet pride in that.

"Bring your wing down so I can do it, now, Rhez," N'mor said, shifting out from under his dragon to begin working on Rhezalth's wing, taking care with the thin membrane. "Thanks," he added, belatedly, before moving to the other side and demanding the other wing be lowered. After some time, he gave Rhezalth a friendly slap on the side and banished him to the lake to wash off what was left of the soap suds on him, since he'd been standing in the downpour the entire time. N'mor shook his hand, flinging soap bubbles everywhere, before wading into the lake to rinse off himself.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Z'rin had been lucky enough to finish his tasks for the day a bit earlier than anticipated so he decided to treat himself. He wasn't quite sure how he'd do it as he got back to his weyr and changed out of his dirty clothes. Maybe just a long soak in a hot bath? He could sweet talk someone in the kitchen for some sweets before dinner. I want to go swimming and sun. It's nice out and we shouldn't waste the rest of the day indoors. His dragon had a point but he suspected the local watering holes would be crowded given the time of day.

He recalled a stretch of beach he used to like going to as a child, before the fateful exhibition to the South, anyway. He hadn't been back since; hadn't even seen his family. They left him behind on a dangerous island, either believing him dead or not caring. Why change their opinion on the matter or make them try to care again that he was alive? Z'rin tried not to dwell on such thoughts as they brought up too many questions with no definitive answers and left him upset and forgotten. Even to this day, he still felt like the shy an scared outsider that was brought to Katila and judged daily for years by his peers. He was a dragonrider now, he did fit in, but sometimes the forgotten little boy emerged and Z'rin couldn't help but wonder who actually liked him, who was acting, and what was actually thought of him.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about you. Like you said, you are a dragonrider, my rider.

Z'rin gave a reluctant smile as he tossed on a fresh shirt. "I know, and that's a special honour indeed. It's just easy to slip into old habits sometimes." As he laced up his boots once more, now fully dressed for an outing, Z'rin decided it was time to go back to Ista; at least its beach. It wasn't likely he'd see anyone he knew, especially since he intended to pop in at the point he remembered and then fly down to a quiet area where he wouldn't chance seeing a familiar face.

With the plan laid out, Z'rin directed Varralath to their destination and was soon shaking off the cold of going between-- and continuing to shiver as the hot sunny day he left behind turned into a grey rainy day. He sighed, not at all surprised by the cosmic joke being played on him but decided he didn't entirely mind. It meant there really wouldn't be anyone at the beach so they could play in the water and sit under the canopy of the nearby forest without being disturbed.

It was only after he had settled in, leaving his pack under one of those trees in an attempt to keep everything dry, that Z'rin saw the bronze dragon surface in the water. The large beast must have been under water when they circled in for a landing or he was going blind and missed him entirely. He stiffened with slight panic when the dragon was recognized and eyes darted around until he saw N'mor. It wasn't that he was afraid of the boy, like R'nd confessed to being after a few drinks together sometime ago, but he only knew N'mor in passing and wasn't quite sure how he was supposed to act around the young bronzerider.

Maybe they hadn't been spotted yet and they could leave without bothering the bathing pair.

That had been the hope anyway, but his giant blue pain in his ass had already begun ambling down the beach, crooning a greeting to his fellow dragon. Damn you, Varralath, now he had to go over as well or risk being seen as rude both in general and to a superior. Shoving his anxiety aside, Z'rin put on a smile and followed behind his dragon. When he saw N'mor, he gave a small wave.

"Hope we're not interrupting. We decided a swim was in order after a long day but we weren't expecting to find rain down here."

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

We have a guest, Rhezalth announced, at the same time the bugle of greeting sounded to the watch dragon. N’mor still wasn’t sure how his dragon was so aware of everything going on around him, and would have been sorely disappointed to know that Rhezalth had simply been looking in the right direction at the right time – which is why the bronze dragon didn’t mention it. Turning to look over his shoulder, N’mor took in the sight of the blue dragon, and supressed a shudder by rolling both his shoulders and grimacing at Rhezalth.

“Charming,” he said mildly, his tone belying his discomfort as the blue landed not nearly far enough away before ambling in their direction. While he didn’t understand N’mor’s discomfort with blue dragons, despite their four year bond, Rhezalth nonetheless acted upon it, leaving the water to amble up the beach and put himself casually between the blue and his rider. N’mor pet his side absently, taking reassurance in the touch. The plan had been to bathe the dragon and then retreat to their weyr so Rhezath could dry and eventually be oiled –t here was no point in trying to oil him in the rain! Now though, N’mor kept his face politely blank as Z’rin approached them with a lazy wave. How was he supposed to escape now?

N’mor decided not to answer the comment of interruption, namely because he wasn’t overly fond of lying, even to bluerider. Rhezalth snorted softly and shook his head, ridding it of rain water, before extending a wing over his soaked rider, helping to shelter him from further drenching. N’mor studied Z’rin for a moment, before offering a wry smile, though his eyes were still wary. He used his only hand to swipe wet hair from his face. “You must be out of touch,” he said placidly, “it has been raining almost non-stop for a week.” 

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z'rin laughed upon hearing it had been raining for a week. It was nice to know it wasn't just his bad luck summoning rain before his trip to the lake. It also meant that if it had been raining that long, then there was a good chance a storm wasn't brewing but just the simple light rainfall. He didn't mind the rain; could even say he liked it, but thunderstorms were an entirely different thing. "Since it hasn't been raining at Telgar and I don't think they've started posting weather reports for other regions, I guess I am a bit out of touch with what's happening out this way." He was smiling as he spoke, politely answering the bronzerider and hoping he didn't sound as snarky as he suddenly worried it might seem.

Z'rin waved to Zarralath, indicating he could go ahead and play in the lake if he felt like it. He didn't want to keep the blue from the promised swimming if the dragon felt it courtesy to wait while greetings were exchanged. When his attention spun back around from dragon to bronzerider, Z'rin noticed the bathing equipment and that N'mor looked like he was coming out of the water instead of heading in. He suddenly felt a bit awkward at interrupting the pair and brushed wet bangs from his face. "Were you just finishing up? If you have other plans to get to, don't mind us! We were just going to hang out a little after today's duties. Though, that might be cut shorter than anticipated given the weather."

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor studied Z’rin carefully, his eyes thoughtful. That Z’rin ahd offered an easy escape did not go without notice by the young bronzerider, but rather, it was why he paused. Part of him wondered what this bluerider’s plans were, that he was eager to send a bronzerider (even a young one) on his way. It would go against N’mor’s nature to think Z’rin’s reasoning was purely simple in that he’d realised he’d interrupted N’mor. Instead, N’mor saw the nefarious side, and it gave him pause.

“No other plans,” he said, more or less honestly. Oiling Rhezalth would have to wait until the bronze beast was dry, and that would take a while. All hanging out in the rain would do would be to push it back a few hours. Maybe until tomorrow, but it wasn’t a huge deal; Rhezalth could wait and the bronze was curious about N’mor’s thought patterns, and didn’t mind putting off his oiling in order to watch the events before him play out.

N’mor’s left eyebrow arched slightly as he caught Z’rin’s eye. “The lake at (Telgar) Telgar full?” It was said casually, but the way N’mor was watching Z’rin was steady and serious. He was curious why the bluerider had opted to fill their lake with his dirty hide instead of their home one. N’mor knew a lot of the dragonriders came to Ista to spend time on the beaches, but there had been few and far between with all the rain, and usually they only greeted the Watch dragon before moving on. Not many (any?) landed in the basin. He waited for Z’rin’s answer.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z'rin instantly froze under N'mor's gaze and suddenly started to understand R'nd's fear of the younger man a bit better. That was an intense gaze that seemed to look right through him and Z'rin wondered what the bronzerider could see. "I uh, well... my family's cothold is near here. I haven't gone back to see them, likely won't given... well, I'm sure you know." Z'rin was still a bit embarrassed about how the scouting party he had gone South with so long ago had left him behind and he likely would have died in the wild if not for W'nor finding him and bringing him back to Katila. To this day some people still called him 'Lost and Found' or simply 'LF'.

"Anyway," Z'rin shifted from foot to foot for a moment before deciding he was already wet and the sand wasn't going to do much else to him. Flopping to the ground where he stood, Z'rin fidgeted with his fingers, knowing he was being scrutinize by a superior and should probably be standing at attention or something but this conversation was sorely pointing out how pathetic he was. You are not! You've just had a few bumps along the way that have made you stronger. Z'rin ignored his dragon's encouraging words as he finished explaining why he came to another Weyr and thought hanging out in the rain was a good idea.

"I don't always feel like I fit in still and R'vi lives at Ista and I hoped his lazy ass would be here and we could hang out for a bit. Instead I found the rain and figured I was here to swim, it didn't matter if I got wet in other ways while just... reflecting, I guess." He hadn't quite had that in mind before N'mor's question but now he was in a reflecting mood, wondering how he got to where he was in life, if he should show his parents -- if they were still alive -- that he lived and was a dragonrider, or if he should simply find someone to settle down with. He did have a daughter to think about, after all, though he wasn't exactly the perfect father or the parent she lived with. He tossed N'mor a slightly annoyed look from under wet bangs at all the thoughts that were now swirling in his head.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor watched Z’rin with interest, his curiosity about the bluerider winning out over his usual disquiet where they were concerned. He seemed interesting, and N’mor was intrigued by the way he fell off when talking about his family. It took the young bronzerider a few moments before he realized that Z’rin was the youngster who had been left behind when the Northerners had explored the South. He’d forgotten that had even happened; not surprising really, considering N’mor had been a toddler at the time. What was something like that in the mind of a two-turn-old? And really, N’mor didn’t care much for delving into history if he didn’t need to.

Though he didn’t really show it, N’mor was startled when Z’rin suddenly threw himself on the ground and blurted out his problems. The bronzerider glanced sideways at his beast, raising an eyebrow. Did I do something to make him think I care? Rhezlath tilted his head, considering the pathetic bluerider lump on the sand, and then shrugged at his rider. Dunno. I guess you must have. The bronze beast was as confused as N’mor, who snorted at his dragon and turned back to look at Z’rin – and saw the look of annoyance on his face. N’mor’s eyebrows furrowed and his mouth set in a flat line, not at all pleased with the fact that the bluerider was suddenly giving him attitude.

“R’vi isn’t here,” N’mor said shortly, holding his chin up and frowning down at Z’rin. “He left about three hours ago.” While N’mor didn’t know where the bluerider was, it was part of his distrust of them that kept him aware of when they were coming or going from the Weyr – though that knowledge was mostly gathered through Rhezalth. The bronze was very observant like that, which N’mor appreciated it. Mostly since it then meant N’mor could keep his interest on other things; he had a lot to learn if he wanted to make Wingleader in the future, and hopefully someday become Weyrleader. He hadn’t always been ambitious, but losing an arm and Impressing a bronze (not necessarily in that order) did strange things to a young man.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z'rin sighed at hearing his friend had been there but he missed him. That seemed about right for his luck. Ah well; it wasn't like it was a planned visit and he was running late and R'vi left annoyed with him or anything like that. He'd just have to schedule time with his friends to avoid this sort of thing from happening in the future. He thought about going into Ista Weyr but R'vi had always been popular and that certainly hadn't changed with age or Impressing so he didn't want to risk walking in on something better left in private; though knowing the twin he'd just toss out an invite to join. Why did he make friends with odd people?

Don't forget about the bronze pair in front of you. You're being rather rude. And odd yourself, Varralath gently broke into Z'rin's thoughts, only slightly worried about what the others thought about his rider. He knew Z'rin could be a bit fragile still in such areas but for the most part he seemed able to shrug off insults and insinuations. In this situation, however, Z'rin was close to forgetting his surroundings as he waddled in some self-pity and memories.

"Huh? Oh," Z'rin would have flushed as he glanced back up to N'mor and realized the bronzerider was definitely judging him. For what, he wasn't sure but he had a feeling he was becoming a bother. The idea to flop back into the wet sand and let the rain fall on him was appealing until he wondered if someone could drown that way with rain going up his nose or down his throat. He didn't feel like finding out today and slowly got back to his feet.

"Sorry. I guess since it's raining and R'vi is off being R'vi elsewhere, I'll head back home," the trip home might be quick but Z'rin had a feeling it'd be rather cold given how wet he was. He'd just have to use it as an excuse to hit the baths. Maybe someone attractive would be there as well to help warm him up. Varralath snorted and Z'rin suppressed another sigh. They both knew he wasn't the best at approaching someone, especially for a random hook up.

Coming to Ista really had been a bad idea. His mood was shot to hell.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor sighed when Z’rin said he would head home. N’mor was quite happy to be rid of the bluerider, but he also knew that traveling between while soaked to the bone was an invitation to get really sick, if it didn’t outright kill the man. N’mor wasn’t sure he knew of anyone that had travelled between so wet. Probably because whoever did was dead. He sighed again and stepped forward slightly, holding out his hand slightly in invitation though his expression was slightly on the bland and exasperated side.

“C’mon, you can’t travel while you’re soaked. I have some of R’nd’s clothing you can borrow. Return it to the man and you might get some good karma. Just don’t tell him I had it.” He didn’t explain that the reason he had the bluerider’s clothing was because his father wore it when he visited and hadn’t returned in it, for whatever reason. Why B’jin chose to wear clothing that was several sizes too big for him was beyond N’mor, but it provided him with clothing for the wet bluerider before him. He looked like he’d be close to R’nd’s size, give or take a few inches… Ugh, my brain did not just go there. Oh Faranth

Oh, it did! Rhezalth crowed, rumbling in laughter as N’mor lifted his hand to hide his burning face behind before shaking his head and setting his shoulders. That was the last image he needed in his mind. Ugh. Why wasn’t it going away? Come. My weyr is big enough for both of us while your rider dries off. The bronze dragon bespoke his kin, lowering himself so N’mor could mount, albeit awkwardly and showing the only instance of his disability with the missing limb, though he managed well enough, the water was making the simple task awkward. Finally atop his dragon, N’mor expelled his breath forcefully through his nostrils before clinging as Rhezalth launched into the air.

It was apparent they weren’t expecting to be denied their charity, and Rhezalth looked back under his wing to make sure the blue pair were following before angling lightly towards his own weyr, and landing with a light scrabble of claws on the edge. N’mor slid off and slicked his wet hair back from his face. The ride just to the Weyr had been freezing in the upper winds, he decided he was making good headway on his ambitions to be a Weyrleader by not banishing a blue to his death of between. Good karma, right? He smiled to himself as he waited on the ledge for his companion to arrive.

N’mor’s weyr was typical of a bronzerider; mid-height up the wall of the volcano it was on the larger side, and the entrance was blocked with heavy skins separating the dragon’s ledge from the inner weyr. Once Z’rin landed, N’mor beckoned him with a flick of his hand and lead the way inside. “It’s a bit messy, my sister was staying for a few days.” He explained away the stray dress that were folded over the back of his study chair, and the ribbons that were laying across his desk. N’mor made his way to a storage cabinet and dug up a couple of towels, and threw one over to Z’rin. “Here.” Turning his back on the bluerider, N’mor used another towel to dry his hair. Where had he put R’nd’s clothing?

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z'rin alternated from staring at N'mor, his offered hand, and the rumbling bronze dragon, wondering what he did to suddenly earn the boy's trust and what he missed in a silent conversation. Before he could question the offer or even fully process it, N'mor was turning away and mounting his dragon. Z'rin stared some more, though it wasn't really to gawk at the way the one-armed rider climbed up the large bronze -- though that was kind of fascinating in its own way -- but he now wasn't sure if the offer still stood or if he was too slow and he was now being abandoned to his frozen fate.

Oh stop it. He didn't say he changed his mind so get up here and let's go. Varralath chided his rider before turning his attention to the bronze dragon that further extended the invitation. You have our thanks, Rhezalth, he inclined his head in thanks and respect before lowering himself to allow Z'rin access to climb up.

Another sigh, which he was starting to worry would become a trademark sign of his, Z'rin silently followed his dragon's order and mounted up. He knew his way to the Weyr from past visits but he certainly didn't know where N'mor lived and he gave Varralath full control over following his barely-older-than-him elder to the promise of warmth and dry clothes. It was sort of amusing that N'mor was younger by nearly ten turns but he had Impressed only two months before Z'rin did. Actually, that wasn't that amusing the more he thought on it. It just showed he had Stood a lot longer before Impressing while N'mor strolled up to his first clutch and left with a bronze dragonet in tow. Not that he minded, he assured Varralath with a gentle pat to his neck.

For once he wisely kept his mouth shut upon entering the weyr and seeing the items N'mor had explained away. The quick quip about wondering if the dresses were actually N'mor's was held tightly inside, not wanting to offend the bronzerider that was being oddly kind to him even if it would have only been meant as light teasing, something he would have done with friends. Maybe he could be friends with N'mor by the end of this? Doubtful; he was likely just helping the charity case that needed help since being found in a tree.

The towel that was tossed at him almost landed squarely in his face but Z'rin snapped out of his mood and checking out the space of a bronzerider in time to catch it. Seeing N'mor going right into towelling off, Z'rin shrugged and followed suit though he put the towel down so he could take off his shirt. It didn't cross his mind that N'mor might not be as free with nudity or stripping down in front of other people but Z'rin felt he was just going off of the cues given to him. He tossed his shirt onto the floor near the front entrance so he wouldn't leave too many puddles around the weyr and grabbed the towel to start working on his hair and torso, hoping to warm up from the short flight with the simple action.

I would apologize for him but I think you'd get tired of hearing the word, Varralath was actually amused by Z'rin but he had a feeling that Rhezalth might be a bit put off by the antics of a bluerider and felt some sort of apology was in order, especially since the older dragon had offered up his personal space for sharing.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor admitted to himself that he hadn’t really thought this through. He should have shuttled the bluerider off to the Headwoman and left it up to her to dry and dress the man before sending him home. Why had he decided the younger blue needed to be clothed in R’nd’s leftover clothing? It wasn’t like B’jin would never be back to lay claim to it. In fact, he’d probably be disappointed to find that N’mor no longer had it. Then again, it was a wonder either of that pair knew where any of their clothing was, they were so often tearing it off of each other. Amused, N’mor tugged the lacing at his neckline loose, so he could set about pulling his shirt off; it was going to be a struggle, he already knew that. He hated trying to one-arm wet clothing.

Despite the Turns that had gone by, N’mor had found some tasks simply didn’t get easier with time. To the contrary, the remembered ease with which he had done simple tasks was remembered and seemed to just make them all that much more difficult. He’d even had to have the ties on his pants adjusted so he could tie them with a quick tug and a loop around a button, instead of trying to tie a knot with one hand. Putting his towel between his knees, N’mor eased the remainder of his left arm out of the pinned sleeve, and then set about struggling out of the sticky wet fabric. He was rather impressed when he managed to get it off without getting stuck. Small victories!

N’mor tossed his shirt into the wash basket that was nearby, flipped the towel around his shoulders, and reached onto the highest shelf of a closet, dragging down a small pile of clothing; a shirt and a pair of pants, both of which would definitely be much too big for N’mor, but he was fairly certain would fit the bluerider. He was at least as tall as R’nd, or close to it; maybe taller? N’mor wasn’t sure, since he’d never really stood around and taken R’nd’s height and he wasn’t about to have Z’rin stand against the wall so he could record his height. The thought amused N’mor, and a small smile was on his lips as he turned around, eyes searching for the bluerider.

“Here…” He started, voice trailing off as he stared blankly at the half naked bluerider. Despite the fact that he’d taken his own shirt off, despite the fact that he’d brought Z’rin up to his weyr so the bluerider could dry off and get changed, despite the fact that he’d given him a towel to use for said drying off, and despite the fact that he had a change of clothing in hand for him, for some reason N’mor hadn’t expected to see Z’rin with half his clothing on the floor. So the young bronzerider stared, his usually intense eyes no less so as he unconsciously gave the bluerider a once over, a slow trail from neckline down to the ground, and slowly back up again. It wasn’t until N’mor lifted his gaze that little bit higher and caught Z’rin’s that he realised what he was doing.

N’mor’s jaw tightened and his eyebrows drew together disapprovingly, not at Z’rin but at himself, and he stepped forward stiffly to hand the bluerider the clothing he’d found. He didn’t apologise, instead opting to pretend he hadn’t been caught doing anything. Damn blueriders! Whose stupid idea was this, anyway? he demanded on Rhezalth, who just rumbled in amusement while N’mor stood there feeling like an idiot while he waited for Z’rin to take the damned clothing. Yours. Wonderfully and delightfully and completely yours!. The bronze was rumbling happily in the weyr, clearly laughing, as he turned his attention to Varralath for a moment, That sentiment could be returned, he laughed, having the time of his young life.

I hate you, you know that, right?

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z'rin froze in the action of drying his hair as he heard N'mor's word that cued him in to be ready to catch something else. Instead he found N'mor staring at him, his gaze slowly going over his body and paranoia set in. It didn't matter his age; N'mor was still a bronzerider and his superior. Z'rin worried about how he was being viewed, knowing he had been sampling a bit too much in the kitchens lately as the ladies made delicious treats. Maybe it was noticeable and N'mor was disgusted by it? He sucked in his gut to try and hide any pudginess and murmured a word of thanks when the clothes were suddenly thrust out at him.

What was he supposed to do now? He was still half dressed in wet clothes and had now been given clean dry clothes but he felt a bit awkward changing under N'mor's intense gaze. Maybe he should move to another room or simply ask where he should change and show he was polite and respectful? Suddenly completely unsure of what to do in this situation, Z'rin focused on the boots he was still wearing. Juggling the clothes in one hand and adjusting the towel still draped over his head, he bent down to loosen the ties on each boot, perhaps taking a bit longer than was necessary to help buy time in deciding what he should do.

Standing, the boots were toed off and even though he had already clearly left a trail of wet boot prints, Z'rin tossed them off to where his shirt was. He was trying to be neat and keep track of his belongings. Now, however, he was out of time. Oh for the love of... just change. He invited you there to do just that. Stop acting like a virgin on her wedding night and strip. No need to further waste the nice bronzerider's time. Unless you want to, I suppose. Varralath gave the mental equivalent of a shrug, deciding he didn't care what his rider did; Z'rin had a knack for ending up in weird situations but he was good at getting out of them as well if he wanted to. Sometimes, the blue dragon was convinced the man liked where he ended up. At least it was entertaining for one of them.

Z'rin bit his lower lip, doing his best not to react to his bossy dragon. He did have a point though and, if nothing else, he was still a bit chilled. N'mor's weyr was warm but wet clothes and coming in from a ride left him with a chill that was sinking into his bones. Not wanting to overstep and presume too much on the kindness, Z'rin set the clothes down at his feet, ignoring any and all furniture in the area. Besides, he'd hate to accidentally try on one of Amorandii's dresses scattered about if he wasn't paying attention.

If N'mor wanted to judge him, faults and all, Z'rin figured it was right to since he opened his home up. Pants were quickly unlaced and shucked though his boxers were left on as he poked at them, deciding they were still dry enough to make the trip home on his body. "I really appreciate this, N'mor... sir? Uh... hm," Z'rin realized he still didn't know how to address the young bronzerider and he laughed nervously before suddenly taking great interest in his socks. Z'rin wiggled his toes and figured they could stay on as well.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor stepped back a pace when Z’rin finally took the clothing; he could feel his cheeks heating, which just caused him to clench his jaws and jut his chin slightly in determination to not be weird. But didn’t that make everything slightly weird? N’mor was distracted by Z’rin bending to unlace his boots, and N’mor watched him with a vague sense of interest, remembering a time when he had two hands to do such a simple and every day task. He was still watching the bluerider with frank curiosity when he stood up and toed the boots off, before dropping his pants. N’mor blinked slightly in surprise. Fancy that, he thought idly to Rhezlath, a bluerider that wears undergarments.

“I figured all you blueriders preferred to go commando,” N’mor stated dryly, eyeing Z’rin with interest as he took in his legs – nice legs, really – and then stormy green eyes rose to meet Z’rin’s, the dry humour quickly being exchanged for outright humour when his companion called him Sir, with N’mor laughing with good nature. “I’m no ‘sir’, Z’rin.” Though he didn’t know how else the bluerider was supposed to acknowledge him. He supposed that ‘sir’ was the appropriate title, since that was how N’mor would have greeted someone higher ranking than himself. “Though I suppose that is proper,” he relented, shrugging slightly. While he was prone to being a traditionalist – girls didn’t belong on dragons, for example, - N’mor wasn’t really sure about this whole ‘sir’ thing.

You should get used to it, if you ever want to be a Weyrleader, or even a Wingleader. They should respect you. Rhezalth said seriously, and N’mor glanced towards where their dragons were lounging on the edge of the weyr. True enough, my love.

Turning his attention back to Z’rin, N’mor raised an eyebrow at the bluerider, noting he still hadn’t put on any of the clothing he had handed him. “Are you going to get dressed? Not that I mind particularly, you aren’t bad to look at, but you’re certainly not going to be any warmer flying between dressed only in your socks.” A teasing smirk pulled up one corner of N’mor’s lips, eyes bright with teasing amusement. Tormenting blueriders was something he was good at, and had a particular enjoyment for. He wondered absently how he’d never managed to stumble across R’nd in only his underwear. It was – to be sure – a good thing he hadn’t, but he could only imagine the power he’d have held over his father’s lover in such a moment.

N’mor’s smirk turned wicked at the thought, and it took a few moments to quell it, though the air of amusement lingered around the young man regardless.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z’rin didn’t think he was really given an answer as to what to call N’mor given he said he both wasn’t a sir but it was the proper title to use. I the end though, he decided that the bronzerider was in a good mood and seemed okay with his name being used. That relaxed Z’rin a bit again and he smiled in return to the ribbing he was now getting. He was used to being teased for various things since he was a child though he always felt hose from Katila didn’t mean much behind the words like the larger kids back at the sea hold. Sure there were still actual bullies in any of the Weyrs now –usually brownriders if he had to point fingers—but more of it seemed to come from teasing g between friends.

So N’mor’s teasing didn’t upset him so much as surprise him that it came from the young bronzerider. Also, why wouldn’t he be wearing underwear? It was an extra layer of warmth in the cooler months and kept the riding gear from chafing. Keeping his dangly bits safely tucked away was also a massive bonus to the poor under – appreciated piece of fabric. He supposed he could see the benefits of not wearing them if he was V’ler with a dragon that chased every green and likely ended up with a lot of torn clothing but he was happy with wearing them, especially since he now found himself standing before a bronzerider.

A bronzerider he currently wasn’t sure how to read. Was N’mor flirting with him or simply pointing out he had misread the staring earlier and he wasn’t seen as fat but had a nice body. Z’rin hesitated and then decided to roll with it like he often did, even if he ended up being the button of the joke. “I dunno. It’s not often I’m lavished in compliments so I might stay dressed like this a little longer.” Z’rin grinned but shook out the pants all the same to see if they looked like they would fit or not.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

“Ah, no,” N’mor said lightly, both amused and flustered. He felt like he had been caught doing something he shouldn’t be, something… dirty? But really, hadn’t he? Bronzeriders were definitely not supposed to be finding blueriders – male blueriders – attractive. It was wrong, and N’mor frowned to himself as he turned and paced with a stiff step towards his bookshelf, before turning back to watch Z’rin, frustrated by things he couldn’t really understand. He knew bronzeriders tangled with greenriders upon occasion – it was bound to happen with the lack of gold to sate all the lusty bronze dragons, but he had no excuse here. Rhezalth certainly was not about to fly the older rider’s blue beast! N’mor pursed his lips and breathed out lowly. He was confused, and it showed.

“You need to go,” N’mor said firmly, pursing his lips as he frowned at Z’rin, wondering why it was taking the bluerider so damned long to put his clothing on, and irritated with himself for enjoying the fact that said bluerider was still mostly naked. What was wrong with him? He’d seen plenty of half and fully naked men before – it was hard not to, growing up in Katila – but he’d never been so flustered by one, and he didn’t appreciate the way Z’rin was making him feel. He needed the bluerider to get the hell out of his weyr and back out into the rain… N’mor’s frown intensified. Even if they went between at low altitude, the bluerider was going to be soaked to the bone within moments.

Great. Now he had that damned concern again. It wasn’t his fault the stupid bluerider had come to Ista! Everyone who was anyone knew it had been raining for the past week or so on the little island. They’d had next to no visitors as a result. But of course someone had to be out of the loop. N’mor scowled at Z’rin, lips pursed and shoulders ridged. Stupid bloody blueriders. It was always the damnedable blueriders. Pern would be so much better without them! N’mor huffed, and still scowling, tore his eyes away from the appealing bluerider and stalked off to his wardrobe again, and began digging around in it. His riding leathers wouldn’t fit, and besides, most of them had one arm clipped to fit his stump. He didn’t have anything of R’nd’s that was waterproof, but he had a sheet of oiled hide that Z’rin could hold over his stupid head that would act as a rain shield.

“You are a pain in my arse,” N’mor said frankly to Z’rin, turning with his prize and making his way back to the bluerider. “Here.” He held out the sheet, as if Z’rin should know exactly what it was to be used for, because N’mor wouldn’t have put it past a bluerider to be a damned mind reader, though that would certainly be mortifying, considering the things his mind was doing with the other man’s body on display.

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Z’rin frowned at the sudden demand that he had to leave, unsure what to think of it. Was he taking too long? Did N’mor remember he had company coming over and a nearly naked man in his room wouldn’t go over well with whomever it was that was about to show? While he wasn’t ready to label them friends, he had felt they were getting along somewhat well but now worried he had said something he shouldn’t have. He clearly shouldn’t have teased the younger man about giving out compliments to him. Chiding himself, Z’rin quickly hopped his way one leg at a time into the borrowed pants, not that worried if they were too long or loose or tight, though he hoped they wouldn’t be tight.

He had just finished up with the strings of the pants and was going to move to the shirt when N’mor appeared back in front of him holding out a piece of hide. “Uh, thanks?” Z’rin reached out for it slowly, not at all sure what he was supposed to do with it. Maybe R’nd left it behind as well and he was supposed to return it with the clothing? As he stared at the oiled hide, Z’rin realized while he was thanking N’mor for the item he now held for some reason, it might have sounded like he was giving a word of gratitude for being a pain to the man.

“For the hide, I mean. And the clothes too. But not for being a pain. Sorry for that,” he babbled out his explanation as he slipped the hide between his knees to hold it while he quickly put the borrowed shirt on. It was a pretty good fit though Z’rin still felt like he was wearing an older brother’s clothing knowing R’nd likely pulled the colour and style off better than him.

Since he had been asked to leave, Z’rin, with hide in hand, wandered back to where he had chucked his boots to avoid getting puddles everywhere. He bent over to start putting them on and called back behind him, “guess we won’t be hanging out again but in case you do feel compelled to return the favour and want to be a pain in my ass, you can come by any time.” It was a friendly invitation given without any other motive than to get to know the bronzerider a bit more. He seemed like a fun guy when he wasn’t remembering he was a bronzerider or had potential company coming over and Z’rin wanted to explore that some more.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

N’mor frowned at Z’rin as the other man babbled. Would this torture never end? You invited it, N’mor. the dragon chortled, highly entertained by the entire series of events and wishing his rider would put himself in such compromising positions more often. He hadn’t had such fun at N’mor’s expense… well, ever, probably. He couldn’t recall to be honest, and N’mor was being stubborn about sharing, and scolded him mentally, encouraging the dragon to bugger off, though Rhezalth ignored him.

“Of course,” N’mor drawled, when Z’rin finally took to silence. He eyed Z’rin thoughtfully when the clothing was all on. R’nd did manage to pull off the outfit better than Z’rin, but N’mor figured that was more a matter of confidence than fit. The clothing hung nicely on the younger bluerider, and he didn’t look half bad – he’d look better if he weren’t fidgeting and looking like he was waiting for something bad to happen. N’mor smirked slightly, but said nothing. He liked having power over blueriders, and he wasn’t about to give it up just because the one before him was attractive.

An eyebrow raised at Z’rin’s declaration that they wouldn’t be hanging out. He was probably right; N’mor had no interest with hanging around blueriders if he could avoid it, but he did not like being told something. That was his part to play! He frowned at Z’rin, then shrugged, neither in agreement nor disagreement with his statement. He doubted he’d take the bluerider up on being a nuisance to him, but it was an entertaining thought. Besides, he could imagine the fun he’d have showing up unannounced at the bluerider’s weyr. Then again, maybe not too unannounced. Blueriders did have a reputation for being whores, after all.

“Thanks,” he drawled once more, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Good,” Z’rin replied with a smile to N’mor’s response, though it was a bit noncommittal. At least he had thrown the invitation out there and N’mor hadn’t laughed or flat out denied meeting again so that was a step in the right direction. He mostly hung out with other blueriders, as the Weyr society almost dictated with the way each colour was treated differently but he had a couple of greenrider friends and some Candidates as well. He wondered what it’d be like to have a bronzerider as a friend and which rumours were true. Then again, it would be hard to judge the rumours when N’mor was still young and only a rider of several years. Still, he gave off the right vibes to show why he Impressed to the large bronze dragon keeping Varralath company; not that that was a bad thing. Ugh, even in his head he managed to put his foot in his mouth.

“Then I’ll see you around, N’mor,” another smile was gifted to the bronzerider before Z’rin returned to Varralath and set about mounting and adjusting the riding straps. Truth be told, he would have liked to hang out a bit longer, maybe make sure he was completely dry or even if the rain would let up a bit, eat and talk with someone outside his circle, but he didn’t want to over stay his welcome and it seemed like N’mor was anxious to get him out of his space. He supposed he could understand that. Their personal weyrs were exactly that; a place to get away from it all and unwind. He didn’t always invite a lot of people back to his place so it wouldn’t surprise him if N’mor was the same way.

Draping the hide around him and over his head to help keep as much of him dry as possible, Z’rin was finally ready to head back into the cool evening. Varralath leapt off the ledge and flew up with several strong beats of his wings before their preferred altitude was reached and vanished between. Once they reappeared back above Telgar Weyr, Z’rin couldn’t resist wiggling his toes and fingers to ensure they were all there and poked his nose as well. Satisfied he didn’t lose anything from the cold of between the pair made their descent to their ledge.

It was only after he removed the straps from Varralath and hung them up to dry that Z’rin realized he left his clothes in a wet pile on N’mor’s floor. That ensured they’d see each other again but maybe not in the best of moods. Hopefully N’mor wouldn’t think he had to do more than let them dry and shove them in a bag until later. He’d feel horrible if, on top of everything he’d already done, that the bronzerider also washed his clothes.

With that thought weighing on his mind, Z’rin gathered his bathing supplies to head down to the bathing rooms to warm up.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)