World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

What a Headache (Lymsleia but others are welcome too)

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Why are we here? Ronarth asked innocently as he landed on the lawn outside of Katila's Healing Hall. D'ren grunted and climbed down from the bronze's back, his face drenched in sweat and his head pounding horribly. Because, I have a headache D'ren explained. Then, realizing Ronarth wasn't going to make the connection, And I think they may have some herbs or something that might help.  D'ren knew Roanrth would have been able to pick his brain for that little motive, but Ronarth's attention span wasn't the greatest.

I hope so Ronarth said mournfully. The bronze's eyes flashed yellow and he creeled piteously. I don't like it when you feel this way. You feel this way too often... the dragon said, pacing along his rider until they finally reached the front door.

D'ren... Ronarth said, nosing his rider gently. Should I...have not pursued Nirinath?

D'ren paused and smiled warmly. He turned, reaching out with one hand the caress the dragon's snout. "Nonsense, friend," he said warmly. He looked deep into the dragon's jeweled eyes and watched as they flushed from yellow to a bright, contented blue. "I'm the right man for the job right now. In the future, who knows. But for now, Katila needs steady leadership...I'm honored to have this position, and even more honored to have you as a partner. Your strength gave me this responsibility, and I am glad to have it. Don't you worry, all right? I feel just fine...it's only a headache."

He spoke like a man reassuring his child that there were no monsters under the bed. Ronarth crooned and nosed D'ren a second time before the Weyrleader turned to enter the building, his heart melting from the gentle display from his bronze. Ronarth was right about one thing, though; the job WAS the source of all the headaches.

He looked around and approached the first person he saw. "Excuse me," he said, "But I'm suffering from some pretty serious headaches. Stress induced, I'd imagine...Do you have some sort of herb or something to treat that?" he inquired.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia had been working. Grinding herbs in a newly mad morter and pestel, that one of the stone masons had managed to craft for her. "Good Mo---" the flicker of light that passed from the windows made her pause. "Evening." she  changed. "Have I been working that long?" She slipped from behind the small table and stepped towards the man.

She knew him, more by reputation, than by site. D'ren- the weyrleader. The man who had made those flight induced lust feelings stop. And slowly abate. She stepped towards him. "Sit." she said in a warm tone. "How long have you had this, and I probably do have something for it, but tell me what does it feel like?" she moved towards a shelf and pulled down a small bag, the knots tied in it were small but distinct.

Lymselia  walked to where the small hearth had been meerly embers and stirred into a small fire. "Is it a pounding behind your eyes, a throbbing of the temples?" she asks in a sweet voice. A pot of water was placed over the fire. "I have a few different herbs, but I want to try and narrow this feeling down before I just start handing things over, sir." She paused as she called him, sir. Was that the correct way to address one's weyrleader?

The knots she wore were that of the rank of a Journeyman Healer, and as she steped towards him, she knelt down to pick up a second bag from another bag on the floor. "My name is Lymselia, but you can call me Lym."

OOC :Funny note of Pernese rerence, while attempting to type Morter, I wrote Moreta. :)

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He smiled warmly at the girl, pleased to have found someone both immediately interested in helping and not completely cowed by his presence. That whole concept was aggravating to him. He approved of the respect, but at the end of the day, he was still just a man. "Thank you, Lym," he replied. He seated himself and took a casual glance around the room. "It looks pretty bare in here," he said conversationally, his tone smooth and low. "I suppose most everyone is at dinner, yes?"

That would make sense. The day was winding down and most of the weyrfolk would be tired and ready to enjoy a few hours to themselves before bed. He sighed softly and shifted in his chair, considering her questions carefully before answering. "I've had this particular headache...hm, most of the day. Since about late morning, I would imagine," he replied. "It's...dull and constant, throbbing in my temples. It's been agitating Ronarth and it's very distracting..."

Outside, the anxious dragon let out a creeling sound that was mercifully muffled by the door. He put his snout at one of the windows and let out a huff, coating the glass in his warm breath. Please make him feel better he implored to Lymsleia. He's this way all the time, and I'm not sure how to handle it. he added, poking the glass once with his nose.

D'ren cringed. He turned in his seat and waved a finger at the dragon. "Ronarth! Don't-..." he paused, realizing his face was already heating up. He grunted. "...Please don't break the glass," he said, taking a second to calm himself before continuing the admonishment. If dragons could frown, Ronarth would have.

I wasn't going to break it! he protested loudly, openly for all to hear. D'ren just looked back at him skeptically. "...I apologize for that. He's like a big canine that's only recently been allowed in the house for the first time..." he explained.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia reeled. The voice inside her head. She froze. She'd heard stories. She'd hear tales, but the dragon.. the beast of legend was talking. She queeled the urge to race to the window that had fogged up, and took a breath. "Patient.," she whispered to herself reminding herself that she was carring for someone and no matter how wonderous, the dragon was. Her patient would come first.

"Don't worry." she whispered. She wasn't exactly sure how this worked, could the dragon hear her? She was practically giggling. "Its fine. People are like that too. Traders children who've never been inside a hold proper... do the exact same thing. People who've never seen a dragon." She mused. She took the tea off the fire and added a bit of the dried herbs to it. "Drink. Slowly. It'll at least dull it, and hopefully completely remove it. Sip it slowly, though. Dried herbs tend to be more powerful, and if I'd had the fresh stuff.. it'd be less potent." she frowns.

She nodded. "I wanted to say, thank you." she said softly as she poured a second cup of tea from a different pot for herself. "And I suppose everyone is a dinner, I was going to take a bit of a dinner myself, but I needed to finish a few salves and few herbs needed to be set to dry, and gound them up and knotting the bags before I can even think of food." She took a sip of her cup.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren noticed the girl's strange behavior and suppressed a chuckle. "I'm guessing he talked to you?" he inquired. That was perfectly in character for Ronarth, who was perhaps the friendliest dragon D'ren had ever heard of. Ronarth often spoke to people, and indeed D'ren met a lot of new faces smoothing over the chaos that was left in the bronze's wake when he decided to do just that. "He chats with people all the time. Most of the time behind my back," he said, accepting the cup and nodding slowly.

"All right. Thank you," he said, taking the first sip and pausing to analyze the flavor. Strong stuff! He could see why drinking it quickly would be a bad idea. He leaned back and crossed one leg over the other, taking a moment for his stomach to settle before taking another sip. "Thank you for what, if I may ask?" he said. He kept an eye on the glass, watching as Ronarth impatiently hovered outside, his eyes flickering in all sorts of colors. He was still anxious, but his unrest was slowly fading away as he realized that D'ren was going to be just fine.

Now, the bronze was getting curious. He nosed the window again, rubbing off some of the fog produced by his own breath. I can talk he helpfully informed Lymsleia, who'd seemed so very startled the first time! He pressed the window yet again, producing a creaking sound.

D'ren's head snapped in that direction. "Ronarth! Stop!" he said, like a disappointed father scolding a child. Ronarth's disappointed croon was audible even inside. D'ren shook his head. "I'm sorry again. I can't have him wrecking the place, though." He casually looked back to the young healer. "...If you'd like, though, you can come outside and take a look at him in a moment." He smiled a little. She was looking at you awfully excitedly he said to his dragon.

Ronarth immediately cheered up. He loved attention.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia nodded. "For making the flight stop." she said slowly. Her voice was a whisper. "It was scary, exhilarting. Terrfying. I mean I thought.. I don't know.. Arousal hasn't been something I've experienced, and when it lacks a.. stimulous its actually really scary. But I heard it from another girl, it stopped, because you - won-.." she pauses, thought. "Yeah babies!" she says in an excited tone. "ahh sorry, my speciality is midwifery. So Sex=babies.. sorry.." she seemed flusted and set the cup down.

The smile that graced her face was very similar to a child who recieved perhaps their very first mark for a job a well done. Or a new toy or a shiny bauble. It was practically infection. "So do dragons hear everything their rider does? Or how does it.. work?" she leans  foreward. She glanced at the fogged window. "Its fine,  there was enough broken glass, and stuff in here a few days ago, one of the little kids came in here with a cut arm- nasty cut. He actually kicked the wall so hard the glass fell out- I assumed because it was set improperly, or maybe loosely. It's hard to tell but it fell out. I was kind of upset by it." She took another sip of her tea. "Did you want some other tea? to mix it with? It'll make it taste less... herby- and truthfully I have some sweet cakes stashed, if you wanted something to eat." She grabbed the tea pot and held it aloft. "I would love to meet him. He's the first dragon I've ever met. Actually I was curious, and I know you can't know everyone.. but my father and brothers are... or were blueriders. Do you know where the records are kept? Or if there are copies I could skim or find sir?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh, wow. And now, apparently, they were talking about sex.

D'ren didn't like to talk about sex with anyone except his partner, and he'd only just met this girl. Of course, he was also too polite (and too embarrassed) to stop her, so he just sat there, absorbing her dialogue with a confused, horrified, and distantly dismayed expression, eyes gradually widening and  face getting redder and redder.

"Well!" he said with an awkward laugh, taking another sip of his drink and then producing a light cough. "You are...certainly welcome. The flight was something else, that's for sure." Currently, he couldn't rid his mind of the guy who showed up naked. That was pretty much the worst thing ever. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly and took yet another sip. "And no, this is fine. I don't mind it strong," her assured her. "Thank you for the offer, though..."

"The dragons? Yes. They know everything you say and think, and they're pretty adept at looking through our eyes as well," he explained. He smiled a bit. "Sometimes you can try to stick something in a back corner of your mind and keep it away from them, but they usually find out," he said with anecdotal amusement. Ronarth always managed to get ahold of things. Always!

He took another sip. "Well, let's go outside and meet him, then," he said, rising to his feet and turning to the door. He paused briefly as she asked him about records. "Blueriders, you say? Well, there are survivor records..."

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia grinned, she'd forgotten that most peoples every day lives didn't revolve around it- not in the way that her's did. Sex produced children and their safe, deliver, and all the associated things were her domanin- of a sort.

"The flight was sometihng else?" she echoed lightly. She stepped towards the door holding the cup of liquid. "After you." she glanced at the window and the back to the Bronzerider. "Yes Blueriders. My mother might be here to actually, her name is Arshtat, also a Healer.." she paused at this. "And I guess she's busy doing other things. My brother's name is Freyadoran. Though I've never actually met him." she mused at this prospect. A desire to be close to someone she's never met.

She didn't miss her brothers back home as much, but it was the one sibling she'd never actually met- that had captivated her imaginition. "He left me pictures of dragons. Drawings." she says in a strange of sort pride. "MY father is... is .. I don't know him at all. Its weird. I guess the man who take care of our runners in the holding-owned lands was more my father than the made who my mother professed to love." She leaned on the door. "My mother actually would be an easy person to spot I guess." She opened the door wide.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nnone of those people sounded familiar to D'ren, but that didn't mean they weren't around. At the same time, he was a realist. He knew most of Pern's blues, like all dragons, had perished in the plague. The chances of those particular ones being alive was less than good, but one never really knew until they looked.

"Well, do you know their dragons' names?" he asked. A simple enough solution would be having Ronarth so a quick scan for them. He held the door open for Lymsleia and nodded his head towards Ronarth, who was curled neatly outside the window.

Overjoyed, the bronze untangled himself and started to walk closer. He craned his neck forward and pressed his snout against the healer, sniffing her curiously. She smells like spicy plants he observed, sniffing the girl head to toe and crooning in a curious manner. D'ren reached out to scratch the dragon's neck. "Mind your manners Ronarth, remember your size. I won't have you knocking anyone over," he warned. He gave the dragon a push, implying that he should back away.

After some consideration, Ronarth slipped his forked tongue forwards and attempted to lick her face. Thank you! D'ren already feels better. He needs to have someone like you with him all the time! Then he would never have headaches again the dragon crooned.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymselia stepped outside. "I don'tk now their names. I never actually met them. And the few people  who met my brother and father, met them before they became riders-or after, and it wasn't big to learn the name of their drag--" she became silent as she came upon Ronath- how could one miss him?

She reached out a hand reverantly- well as reverantly as one could in world without religion. Beautiful, was the only word that sprang to mine to describe the male dragon. "Large, bronze.. and quite enchanting." she smiled as he spoke. "Well I can't be around him all the time, unfortunately. I have other people who need my help. But if he can come and see me anytime he's got a headache or other trouble... and as long a I am not attending to someone else. I'd be more than happy to see him!" she announces to the bronze.

She carefuly reached out to touch the dragon. Smooth, and soft. She counldn't contain her joy as began to  run her fingers up and down the hide in an almost entranced way. The dragons of legend were so interesting. She'd always assumed her drawings were poor imitations, but they -though basic- had been right it seemed. "Maybe I'll make a stuffed dragon-toy of you.. and D'ren can keep it!"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"That's unfortunate," D'ren said. "If you knew the names, Ronarth would know if they're about or not." This wasn't the first time he'd heard of a stolen northerner trying to find some kind of family. It must have been a sad situation to be in.

He reached out with one hand, stroking Ronarth's neck and grinning as the dragon continued his inspection. "He's already something of a stuffed toy, wouldn't you agree? Dragons are usually gentle creatures, but Ronarth is one of the friendliest I've ever encountered...Of course, I may be biased." Paternal warmth crept into into his voice as he looked dotingly at the beast, who was nosing at the girl eagerly for more attention.

The bronze almost seemed to purr. He gets that way when he worries too much the dragon explained. He inhaled deeply, seeming to enjoy the scents of medicinal herbs that still clung to her. However, D'ren quickly sensed something awful coming.

"Oh, miss!" he said, reaching out in an attempt to edge her away. "Look out, he's about t-"

Ronarth made an awful sound. D'ren cringed, all too familiar with the situation, as Ronarth sneezed all over them. "Ronarth!" D'ren blurted, not sure if he was amused of scandalized. Ronarth's eyes flashed yellow and he took a step backwards. Oh, no! I'm sorry! he said quickly, extending his words to both of them.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia seemed mildly amused as D'ren spoke of the sdragon with such a paternal tone. "Seems kind of nice." she says. "Ands it ok. I don't know if they're alive or not and to be honest, if I can find my mother that may be enough. She'd want to know about my brothers, and how they're dooing."

The dragon's sneeze startled her and now she was covered with dragon snot. "It's nothing to be ashamed of.. everyone sneezes, dragons too." she speaks with a calmness perhaps born of a being a healer. Who's entire job might have been to survive stress situations and make sure others survived them too. "I am fine, birthing babies is messier. This was mild. A good bath and I'll be good." Lymselia  tried to keep herself still. Trying to assess the damaged. Her dark hair was covered in it, and she was made aware that her clothing was not exactly drenched but lightly misted.

"It's fine Ronarth." The tone Lymlseia used was gentle and soothing. "You did absolutely nothing wrong." she ran her hand along the snouth of the bronze. "I didn't know dragons had such a senstive sense of smell, though I admit you're the first one I've ever met. It's quite a pleasure to meet you, I am Lymsleia."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At least it was a dry sneeze D'ren thought wryly. Things could have gone worse. Most girls would have thrown a fit over the mess. It made sense for this girl to have a strong stomach, though. She was a healer.

You're not mad at me? Ronarth asked with delight. He nuzzled her gently, his eyes flashing in brilliant shades of blue. I like this girl, D'ren.

D'ren just shook his head and gave the dragon a slap on the neck. "He's flattered, Lym. He winds up intimidating a lot of people...I guess it's pretty startling to have such a large creature get so close." Ronarth approved, leaning in to Lym's hand and letting out a heavy 'sigh'. Gradually, he lowered himself down onto his belly and started to rumble contentedly. D'ren laughed again. "Well, look at that.." he said, taking another sip of his medicine. "He's really taking a shine to you."

You're shameless! he teased.

Am not.

D'ren decided not to argue. "He really loves the attention," he commented aloud before finishing off his medicine. He already felt a great deal better. "Hmm...You made an excellent recommendation, miss. I feel better already."

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia if had been for her dark skin tone, would have been a blushing young lady. But she  simple hid it in a small smile. "I can't be mad at you, Ronarth." she said politely. "Its a sneeze, they happen." she explained.

She exhaled lightly, "Well I wasn't trying to be too flattering but I suppose its the end of a good day, and  your welcome. I try to give my patiences the same care I'd give myself. Nothing but the best." She sighed. "Though if its a headache your dealing with, and it comes back.. trying  to lie down in the dark room."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I'll do that, if I have a chance," he replied. Laying down in a dark room wasn't normally something he could get away with in the middle of the day, especially since his headaches tended to come when he was in the middle of work. Perhaps if he started pacing himself though, he would be able to afford himself some more breaks. It felt wasteful, but his health needed to be considered.

I agree said Ronarth. He cocked his head sideways and nosed towards Lym again, as if worried that she would stop lavishing him with attention. If you are always sick, you won't do your job as well, right?

Correct. You're a sweet thing, to worry about me so he said, scratching the dragon's eye ridges idly. "You see this spot, Lym? This is one of a dragon's favorite places to be scratched," he said. He'd noted her curiosity about the creature. That was a good thing. Far too many of the new 'candidates' weren't taking their new situation very well. "How long have you been here, miss?" D'ren asked. He didn't specifically remember her, which could have been a lapse of memory, but probably just meant that Tsuen was the one who dealt with this particular arrival.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
For a long moment Lymsleia appeared contemplative about the pointing out of the spot on the eye ridge of a dragon. "Does the Weyr have dragon healers?" she asks in a polite voice, "Sir? I mean does the Weyr have any?" She took a few moments to  observe the dragon again, as if trying to equate things she knew of anatomy to this unusal creature.

"I came during the Year's Turning." she explains. "Which was odd, but then this is the South so it happens during the 'summer', instead of the Winter." she says with some thought. "I'll be 20 years old... " she ponders. "Well in Spring at home, though I guess that's winter weather down here... isn't it?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Not nearly enough," D'ren admitted. "I'm no healer myself, but I know dragons are considerably different from humans. Just because someone can work on one doesn't mean they can work on the other, and we were only able to bring so many people south with us. It's a rare art these days," he commented. "From what I understand, there was one clever boy here at your hall who was starting to show an interest in it, but that's the only recent development."

Once she learns more about dragons, maybe she could Ronarth suggested with a pleasant rumble. D'ren shrugged and kept stroking the dragon's eye ridge. Perhaps. It's not easy to pick up, but Id love to get a group of these healers learning about it...we need to think about that more as the turns go by. Thread feels like a long way off, but it will be here eventually...we need to make the best use of the time as we can

He turned his attention back to Lym. "Twenty turns, eh?" he asked. Goodness, just a child. They all seemed like children to him. He felt a twinge of guilt, but it was invisible beneath his mellow expression. "Well, it's nice to have some youthful energy around here. You're going to stand at the next clutch, I hope?" he asked. Ronarth's eyes started to whirl as D'ren mentioned the clutch. Hey, Ronarth seemed to say, I helped with that!

The dragon shifted impatiently and rose to his feet, his energy getting the better of him.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia nodded. "It's kind of why I am here, right? I mean ITs why I was picked.. though I admit, I feel like it could have been something that was simply asked of me -- instead of being drugged and dragged here." she says in a tense tone. Lymsleia took a few slow breaths. TRying to to get too worked up. Getting upset would only deepen the hidden sorrow.

"Yeah Twenty turns.." she reiterates. "IS that problem?" she asks rasing an eyebrow curriously."I mean  like it here. Its awarm.. almost warmer than Falen's Hold, or Ista during summer."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

This was why he tended to avoid talking to the candidates. He didn't blame them for any anger they had towards him, even though he wasn't full responsible. He wasn't fully responsible, but he was partially responsible, and that was enough. He chose not to comment on her mild protest. It was best to let her rant and get it out of her system, though he didn't show any outward remorse, if only for the sake of maintaining authority. It wouldn't look very good if he started caving to passive aggression and asking for forgiveness, now would it?

"Well, we're happy to have you," was all he said, flashing her a quick smile. "And of course it's not a problem. That'll put you on the younger spectrum, but there's nothing wrong with that. I was actually a turn younger than you when I Impressed Ronarth here."

Ronarth shuffled again. D'ren reached out and pressed a hand against the large creature, encouraging him to back up. "Don't crowd people, Ronarth..." he said before looking to Lym again. "I'm sorry, he's getting restless. He needs to let off some of that energy!"

Songtress

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia perked up a moment. "Ummm I don't know if this against the rules, but would it be possible to see.. what it looks like from up.. there?" she gestures skyward with a peitite hand. "I mean.. one I came here, I was drugged..." she admits. "I.." she approaches Ronarth slowly. "I'd like to get know everything about dragons and riders. I think it'd be interesting to get a sense of how riders live."

She  goes to to touch the Bronze's face slowly and look into his eyes. "Hmm not one constant color." she muses in oberservation. "Why don't they have... pupils like ours?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren raised an eyebrow at Lym's delicately worded question. Oh, it had been far too long since a nervous youngster had asked that question! While his administrative side knew he should probably turn her down, since he had better things to do than take people on pleasure rides, it really took him back. He could remember being a simple wingrider or wingsecond back at his home weyr in the north, constantly queried by weyrbrats and candidates about just such an opportunity.

For old times' sake, why not?

"Well," he said, shifting closer and placing one hand beside Ronarth's eye. He decided to answer her question first. "They're faceted. Look closely, you can see many small spots that all shift colors...That shows what kind of mood he's in," he said. "Green is content, blue is happy...red is angry, and so forth," he said gently. He smiled, then slapped Ronarth's neck. "...And I don't see why not. Ronarth?"

The dragon crooned and lowered his neck, allowing them to step up. D'ren motioned for Lymsleia to go first. "Just climb right up there," he said, motioning to the depression at the back of the dragon's neck. "You can use his leg to step up. He won't mind," he said, motioning to Ronarth's foreleg. The dragon held it up horizontally, providing Lymsleia with a step-up.

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia took great delight in getting her first dragon ride. She hadn't been too suew how she'd been transported to Katila but she was going to make up for it now. She moved to climb the dragon's for leg. "So... how do I /not/ fall off and to my death ,and you'll out onel ess person to stand for these... mythical eggs." she says. "Well less mythical.. now.."

As she climbed onto the dragon, Lymsleia made herself comfortable and did catch the fauceted eyes. "Well an ever changing swirl of color, that will certainly keep you on your toes." The young woman ran her hand across the dragon's neck. "Smooth hide." she began as she delicately drummed her fingers.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I'm about to show you," he replied. He climbed up after her, carefully positioning himself behind and reaching down for Ronarth's straps. "Dragons are very conscious of people on their back. He will do his best not to drop you...but this will make sure," he said. He spent a few moments strapping her in. "Now, you need to hold on to this part. All right? It'll be hard to talk once we get up there, since the air will be rushing. If you get scared, Ronarth will sense it and we'll come down."

He smirked. "Are you ready?"

Ah, he could remember his first time riding a dragon. It was magical. He wished it could be more like that for these new kids, so many of whom were depressed and offended at their presence at Katila.

This one does not feel so bad Ronarth said, more sagely than normal. Then, without further comment, he took off.

The bronze lurched into the air, his wings fanning out to catch his weight as he shot upwards. The air rushed past the humans on his back, warm and humid. D'ren smiled, watching as the stars grew closer with each wingstroke...

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
As they took off, even with the straps there a moment's hesitation. But why wouldn't there be. This creature that she was riding on, was not a runner. Was not any sort of riding animal. It was a being of legend, it could talk and reason and thing. It was sweet and gentle and it seemed to like her.

Lymsleia leaned foreward to run her fingers along Ronarth's neck. Would the eggs, when they hatched bring her such a companion? She mused. She got lost in thought. What would a hatching actually /be/ like? Would they simply all be this sweet as Ronarth, and greet you with that same exuberance?  The Harpers story-songs didn't say they only described the indescribable -with a pale palor, in the words "Dragonman ,dragonman between thee and thine, who could understand such a love ,divine." she whispered. She knew she'd gotten paraphrased but it did describe the emotion of the two.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ronarth let out a throaty bellow of joy. He rose skyward, slim body angled upwards towards the moon and stars, fluid strokes of wing wings propelling them ever higher. D'ren gave Lymsleia a pat on her shoulder to reassure her, assuming she was nervous on her first true flight. Most people were, and understandably so! As he glanced down over one shoulder, he saw the ground below them as an inky smear and nothing more. Up here, the only light was the silvery light of the moon. It's like they'd entered another world.

After climbing, Ronarth dropped one wing and wheeled to the side. He was not as nimble as a green or a blue, but he was strong. With a mere flick of his wings he was off, gliding along at a level altitude, the warm night air flowing over his soft hide.

They made a leisurely circle of the weyr before he finally started to descend, skimming over some low clouds (or high fog?) and landing back in the yard of the healing hall with a heavy backwing. Ronarth politely lowered his head, allowing the passengers down.

D'ren jumped down first, then held out a hand to help Lymsleia. "Well...?"

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
For a moment as Ronarth  landed, Lymsleia had forgotten about the ground. She'd forgotten about the world around her, the far away famiily. The search for family so near she  could almost taste it.

As the great bronze beast touchedd own. and D'ren held out his hand to her. Lymsleia collected her thoughts. As she took D'ren's hand and slid from the neck and back of the dragon,she felt her legs mellow and weaken. She felt the ground rise up to meet her waiting hands. "A rush." isall she managed to tell D'ren.

A few deep, but rocky breaths later she managed to sit up against him."Is all flight, like that?" she raised and eyebrow. "I mean... so amazing. But I know you trust Ronarth, but... for someone who doesn't have that connection... I am glad I was knocked out the first time..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"More or less," he replied delicately. In truth, that had been a particularly smooth flight. He didn't want to alarm the girl, though, and he was pleased to have put a more positive image of dragon flight in her mind. "It can be a bit daunting the first time," he said. "I still remember the first time I rode - It was a green who came to pick me up after being searched from my home hold. I was nervous!"

He chuckled lightly at the memory. He'd been clumsy at that age, and to a degree he still was. He remembered how precarious it felt to sit on the green dragon's back,  looking down at the ground as if it were a mile away. It seemed so long ago. The dragon seemed so mysterious. He hadn't thought of that in a long time. Sometimes, being around the youngsters was the best way to remember one's own youth and the feelings of wonder that tended to come along with it.

He smiled warmly at her. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Hopefully you'll be flying yourself within a turn or two," he said approvingly. "I'd better be getting back, though. It's been a while since I had a good night's sleep. Thank you for all your help."

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymlseia seemed statisfied as the rider spoke. "I'd rather say that you should do it any time you feel it coming on. Mostly to decrease the chances of a nasty flair up..." she says gently. "I've seen people keel over from what seems to be a nasty eadache and then be completely unable to work for anywhere from a few hours to day." she's firm on her pronouncement.

"Please do it for your health, D'ren." she licks her lips lightly. "What it like, I mean... impressing, have.." she gestured to Ronarth. "Him?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

By this time, D'ren was already perched safely on Ronarth's neck. He glanced back at the girl and shrugged. "It's hard to describe," he said.

He was tired and ready to go to bed, but he figured he could spend a few more minutes with the girl. So many of the stolen crafters felt put-out and lonely. Most of them had a hard time settling in. If he could help her feel welcome, that was one more bit of good he could do for the Weyr. Ronarth purred a gentle approval to D'ren's thoughts and shifted his position, angling his body so D'ren could face Lymsleia without turning in his his seat.

"It's like.." the bronzerider said as he stroked Ronarth's neck, "Almost like a perfect union of minds. Ronarth and I can feel each other's thoughts and emotions. We also...well, we sort of feed off them as well," he said thoughtfully. "If one of us gets hungry, the other gets hungry. If one gets angry, the other gets angry...you know, that kind of thing."

"In fact, sometimes, in really heated moments, it's hard to tell which one of us the thoughts originate in," he said with a chuckle. He scratched Ronarth one final time. 

Lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia listened carefully and patted the bronze dragon greatfully. "I can't really know. You know." she says softly. "It's near impossible. As the old song goes.." she inhaled slowly and sang gently. "Dragonman, dragonman, between thee and thine, what is more beautiful than that love divine." She exhaled as she finished singing she looked up at him. "I mean though maybe I will be lucky to one day know."

Turn back towards the door, Lymlseia took up the empty cups. "I'll see you around, D'ren, Ronarth." she said heading inside.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)