World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Another Safety Net [M'ris]

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
While he was known to make a mistake that could ruin the entire plan, J’ver was also known to have multiple plans and back-ups. Sure he was the cause of S’kef being removed from Weyrsecond but he was also the one that schemed and did all the dirty work to get the brownrider back into a position of power –and a better one at that.

Now was no different. The tides were shifting and S’kef was looking less like a life boat and more like a rock that would sink to the bottom of the ocean. He cared for, perhaps even loved the man, but those feelings had blinded him for too long and now J’ver was waking up to the signs showing around him. It wouldn’t be easy to keep S’kef in power for much longer if bronzeriders continued their grumblings and banded together. There was a chance he could remove the higher threats and get the rest back in line one way or another but J’ver knew it was time to start building new alliances that would keep him on top and not in the gutter with the other greenriders.

Slowly but surely, he had been going to bronzeriders of every age and rank to pitch his sale in one form or another. One of the more promising ones was unfortunately only a recently Impressed weyrling so power would take a while to obtain but it gave J’ver time to mould the man into what he wanted. Other bronzeriders would make for good pawns on the board but they wouldn’t be used for the power plays that would win the game.

The man he now sought out had the ability to become that piece that was needed to rally the troops and even lead for a while. So it was he found himself at the hunting grounds in the early hours of the morning. M’ris didn’t really keep a set pattern so it was hard to pinpoint the best place to corner him in private but luckily his sweet Rilaleeyth came through again. She informed him when Mosiath headed out to hunt and J’ver quickly changed for such an outing and minutes later, he too was at the grounds while the green went off to find herself a light meal since she had eaten two days earlier.

“Good morning, M’ris. Are you here willingly or were you dragged out of bed to feed a grumpy dragon as well?” J’ver chuckled as he turned to watch his dragon circle the area to find the perfect animal to bring down. In truth, he had been up for a while but had quickly mussed his hair and made for a more disheveled appearance to lend to the belief that he had been dragged out of bed. “Of course Rilaleeyth was very apologetic and insisted she could hunt alone but I like coming out here at this hour. It’s very peaceful.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

M'ris
of Bronze Mosiath

Date of Birth
20.07.692 , 52
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Softly toned
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

While Mosiath was more than capable of going off hunting on his own, the pair enjoyed the early morning ventures together whether to get away from the chaos of the Weyr or simply to chat without interruption. On that particular morning they were playing Mosiath’s favourite game of I-spy. It was usually more challenging when they were within the Weyr limits with more objects and people around but sometimes finding obscure things in the forest and hunting areas was just as fun since it made for creative thinking and possibly a bit of cheating with picking out one particular tree or stick that human eyes couldn’t pinpoint.

It was M’ris’ turn to pick out something and have the great bronze guess when Rilaleeyth and J’ver came into view. The bronzerider scowled, annoyed at someone else giving into their dragon’s pleas for company before breakfast was even served, but it was worsened by the fact that it was J’ver. How and why that timid green dragon bonded to such a man would always be a mystery. I spy with my little eye… a slimy green tunnelsnake.

Missy! That’s not how you play and you know it. You just gave away the answer with that… oh.  Mosiath turned when he sensed Rilaleeyth’s approach and greeted her with genuine friendliness. She was a sweet dragon but it was hard to chat to her when Tyrrisath was always lurking nearby or J’ver’s deceitful nature was contaminating the area. He quietly withdrew from M’ris’ mind to give the man less distractions when dealing with the greenrider and took to chatting with Rilaleeyth as he watched her hunt.

“That’s bronzerider M’ris to you and yes, it was peaceful here.” He had no interest in talking to J’ver and hoped he was perfectly clear in that intention with his brisk brush off but the greenrider was hard to shake when he believed he had the upper hand and the next words out of the man’s mouth proved that was exactly the case.

Indeed. But it could also be Weyrleader M’ris.

An eyebrow slowly rose at the implication of that statement. Sure, any and all bronzeriders toyed with the idea of carrying that title and had tossed it around in private to see how it flowed with their name but M’ris wasn’t stupid and wasn’t about to agree to what could or should be, not when J’ver was concerned.

“What are you playing at now, J’ver? I’m not about to say anything for you to use against me with S’kef.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

It was always fun watching how prickly and suspicious people were when he first approached until they heard what he had to offer. No doubt M’ris’ tune would change like so many before him but it was how quickly the greenrider was unsure of. “Oh, I wouldn’t dream of doing that to you, bronzerider M’ris,” J’ver smiled pleasantly at the man and walked over to a nearby tree stump and claimed it for a stool.

He paused for a moment, watching the bronzerider to gauge the interest before continuing with the tale he had told to others already. J’ver was making sure all angles were covered this time and if he stumbled, he’d have enough hands ready to catch him because their new lives and power would depend on his continued safety and success. “S’kef is sadly, oh how should I put this, on borrowed time. I’ve heard whisperings and seen looks being exchanged.”

Some of those whisperings and looks were from M’ris as well. The man had been a part of the small and ineffectual uprising turns before against T’suen and D’ren because they weren’t happy with how things were and how some things were being handled. J’ver had taken mental notes at the time, remembering who would be beneficial for a bit of blackmailing later on and who needed to be carefully watched. Some favours had been called in to get S’kef into the position of Weyrleader, including one on M’ris, though the bronzerider still spoke negatively quite a bit about their illustrious leader. Now, everything had changed.

“I once asked you for assistance in getting S’kef power. Now, I want to position you in the right place to take it away from him. Are you interested?”

M'ris
of Bronze Mosiath

Date of Birth
20.07.692 , 52
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Softly toned
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

M’ris watched J’ver cautiously, waiting for whatever angle he was spinning and the trap. When the slimy greenrider asked for assistance in taking down the brownrider that was supposed to be J’ver’s mate, M’ris burst into laughter. “Are you serious?” He asked through the laughter, not at all convinced this was a legitimate conversation. When J’ver simply stood there, clearly waiting for the amusement to pass, the bronzerider started to sober up.

“You are, aren’t you? Why would you risk you neck to take him out? Everyone has seen how you end up when something doesn’t work in his favour.” When S’kef had been demoted and lost his Weyrsecond position, M’ris almost felt sorry for J’ver. Some story another was circulated for J’ver’s rough appearance and lack of public outings but M’ris was among many that suspected otherwise. One of their schemes had backfired and J’ver paid the price. Some didn’t care since it served as a good reminder that greenriders needed to remember their place but M’ris was on the fence about whether or not anyone really deserved ending up in such a beat up condition.

Perhaps that was part of the reason why J’ver was done with S’kef. Maybe he had wizened up and despite the rumours that the greenrider got off on rough sex, perhaps even he had a limit for beatings he could take. Then again, it likely just came down to survival. The whisperings weren’t that subtle in their dislike of brownriders taking over and getting superiority complexes so it stood to reason that J’ver just wanted to survive and find a new man to cling to on the top of the food chain.

Did he really want to help the man? Doesn’t it help you as well? It would help others too if you were in charge. I should think we would both enjoy it.  M’ris snorted softly and shook his head, clearly responding more to his dragon than anything pertaining to J’ver. It’d be a lot of paperwork and guiding people. I barely got my own life sorted out and some days, I’d hardly even say that.

That’s why you have a Weyrsecond.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

The corner of J’ver’s mouth twitched in irritation as his harsh beatings were so casually brought up but he continued smiling patiently as the man worked through whatever dilemmas he had created in his head with his dragon. M’ris was partially right though. Sometimes S’kef hit a bit too hard and maybe that helped encourage him to find a bronzerider to watch over him but it really did come down to popular opinion and finding the best new candidate to keep him safe and warm at night and not at the bottom of the barrel with the other greenriders.

“I only risk my neck when I know something is a sure thing. Putting bronzeriders back in power is exactly that. Holders respect bronze and tradition wouldn’t have it any other way. I already know you’ve been leading the rebellious tone in the air, M’ris. Why not actually act instead of chat in the corner like a bunch of kitchen women?” J’ver crossed one leg over the other and leaned his elbow on his knee, studying the man. He knew more about the bronzerider than M’ris would likely appreciate, like his secret appetite for men. He’d play that card if he needed to but it seemed like M’ris would be easily won over without it.

“It won’t cost much either. Just loyalty. I will get you a seat of power and you will keep me out of the clutches of lowlife riders and perhaps slightly above our laws as I am now.”

M'ris
of Bronze Mosiath

Date of Birth
20.07.692 , 52
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Softly toned
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

It wasn’t surprising that J’ver knew he was stirring up trouble again; the greenrider was cunning and had an ear in all corners. It should have scared him a bit considering the tunnelsnake could use that information against him but M’ris was oddly calm. J’ver had approached him with the intention to form an alliance, not to bring him down and put his name at the top of S’kef’s hit list. The one thing that truly struck him as out of place was the way J’ver worded things. ‘A seat of power’ meant other plans were in place, which was smart for a greenrider to have back up plans, but it also meant S’kef’s role wasn’t exactly the only one up for grabs.

It made some sort of sense, though. They now had Telgar and even Katila counted as a Weyr now since it housed dragons. Their population was on the rise again and with the amount of gold dragons they were now acquiring, they’d have to spread them out soon to avoid drama and fights. If for no other reason, accepting J’ver’s proposition for a good seat for all of the entertainment that could come from the power shifts and rebuilding of all of the Weyrs was good enough.

He didn’t really want the power after all. Well, he wanted it out of S’kef’s hands and he was a good candidate to take it away but M’ris really didn’t want to do all the boring work that came with the title. Like Mosiath said though, a Weyrsecond was there for a reason.

Truly, the only downside was the actual aligning with J’ver. He was a better partner than enemy but it was clear in the very fact he was there with him in secret that J’ver was willing to even turn against the man he loved and had protecting him. Still, it was worth the risk. After all, once he had power and settled in, what was to stop him from demoting and shaming J’ver? For now, however, J’ver’s skills in shadier dealings was better left on his side of the table.

“All right. You get me into power and I’ll keep you as safe as I possibly can considering your tendency to run your mouth to the wrong people or get sloppy in a job.” M’ris turned away from the greenrider for a moment, watching Mosiath off in the distant as the bronze respectfully watched over Rilaleeyth hunting. Bronze, both dragon and rider, were meant to lead and keep everyone safe. A brownrider had no business playing at being a leader, especially not one as corrupt as S’kef.

Finally, he turned back to J’ver who was watching him expectantly, “you have a deal, J’ver. Let’s do this.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)