World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 735.07.21 | Family Reunion
7 PM | Gabrin

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
I won’t be long, my dear. Just a little visit with some family. J’ver patted Rilaleeyth on the head as she gave him a little nudge to his shoulder. As a continued gesture of goodwill, and ongoing concern for his dragon’s safety, J’ver had Rilaleeyth land in the open fields on the edge of the town closest to his destination. As the green curled up for a little rest in the dying sunlight, J’ver walked down to the tavern that he was told was the nicer one in the area.

As soon as he walked in, sharp eyes took in the crowd. They were definitely more put together than the patrons of the other locales in Telgar but there was only one in particular that he was interested in chatting with that evening.

Two men stood out to him, sitting together and lightly conversing. It was easy to know which man it was that he was after by several telling points. One was relaxed and looked like he owned everyone in the room with the confidence he put out while the other was far more rigid and frankly gave off airs of trying too hard to belong. His research had told him that the man he was looking for had a brother-in-law that also married into the Telgar family but was of lower birth. His sources also gave him a good description of what to look for.

Without hesitation, J’ver strode up to their table, barely giving the rigid man a second glance, and directed his attention on the relaxed one. “Good evening, gentlemen. If I may borrow Gabrin for a moment, I have much to discuss with him.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

Gabrin took in the appearance of the newcomer that spoke to him so casually. It was clear the man was a dragonrider from the way he dressed but there was something else familiar to him. That’s when it came to him. The man looked like his father had in his youth. “Ah, you must be the forgotten relative that ran off to ride dragons and frolic in the South. Jaimiveridis, was it? The son of High Reaches and Nabol.” His attention turned to his companion as he offered more of an explanation for Khoemi to chew on, “according to my family history lessons back in the day, his parents were lucky. They married for love but were allowed because it was a good political alliance. Sadly, one of my brothers had to marry a daughter of Nabol to keep the alliance strong since this one vanished.”

Another swig of his wine was taken before smiling at Khoemi. “Be a dear, Emmy, and save my seat. I won’t be long,” Gabrin blew a kiss at his companion, knowing full well it’d make the man squirm and rage in turns, and got to his feet.

He waved to a nearby vacant table for them to occupy as they discussed whatever it was his father’s cousin wanted from him. A moment later and he was waving for the barmaid to bring over two glasses of his usual. “So, what brought you out to seek me at last, cousin?”

PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver’s lip twitched slightly at being addressed by his original name. It was a name he hadn’t heard since he was twelve, though S’kef often called him Jai. To have Gabrin so easily know who he was as well was a bit unsettling. It took away the upper hand he had hoped to hold by opening with the shock value of their relation. No matter, however. He was resourceful and always had back up plans.

“I go by J’ver now, cousin,” the fact that they were second cousins made it easier to forge a more familiar connection than just names but to have Gabrin call him that first also irked. He had heard the man was crafty and had a way with words but J’ver didn’t like learning first hand so quickly.

He took the seat across from Gabrin and accepted the wine that was brought to him a moment later. “To family being reunited,” J’ver toasted, clinking his glass against Gabrin’s. “A good vintage. I confess, wine was a bit of a luxury in Katila. Some tried to make their own but it would have been easier to drink the Healer’s sterilizing liquids.”

After a moment of waiting each other out, J’ver finally got down to business. “As you are naturally aware, the return of dragonriders hasn’t gone over as smoothly as we would have liked. Quite a few Holds accept us or at least tolerate us. High Reaches is among our strongest supporters, for obvious reasons. I’ve come to see where you stand on the issue now that enough time has passed for even the laziest of lords to form an opinion.”

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

It was obvious what J’ver was here for but it was good to hear it from the man without much prompting or meaningless roundabout small talk. Gabrin hated that on the best of days – unless he was stringing someone along for a game he was playing, of course – but when it was clear there was a point and one he might be interested in, then there just wasn’t a need to waste time.

“What my opinion is? Well, whatever the Lord Telgar believes, of course.” It was the politically correct answer more than it was an honest one. The pompous man ruled the area and could do anything he liked on a whim, especially to a son-in-law. Of course that really didn’t mean anything to Gabrin who still slept with the staff for fun and flirted with the wives of distinguished guests under the man’s own roof. He also did a lot of his own secret meetings behind closed doors, including buddying up to the Weyrsecond.

Gabrin liked winning and he was making sure he’d be aligned with the top side.

So far, it seemed like the dragonriders were making a comeback and winning over the people, if not the Halls. After all, they did kidnap a lot of promising pupils from all of the Halls for their continued Southern survival.

“But if I were to think more like my father and brothers, tell me… how will that benefit me?”

PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver studied Gabrin silently as he swirled his wine. He had never been a big drinker, preferring to indulge in only a little on special occasions or over such business meetings as he was currently involved in. Of course there were a handful of exceptions that came in the form of drowning his misery and dulling the pain brought on by a heavy hand but other than those moments, J’ver was rather conservative when it came to drinking and took his time on what he was given.

After a slow long sip, J’ver set the glass back on the table, keeping his hand lightly wrapped around it. “If you did, then you would have powerful and loyal allies. I have the ear and trust of the Weyrleader as well as several others in positions of importance,” well, some were, others would be soon enough if the opinions and favours of the dragonriders continued to turn against brownriders having too much power but Gabrin didn’t need to know all of the details just yet. They were kin but that didn’t mean they had to trust each other implicitly.

“You would only need to ask for assistance and we could provide it. Simple things like a trip across the continent to tending to less than savoury matters.” J’ver knew without a doubt that Z’ia would be interested in that type of work. It seemed his dear little bluerider was growing bored now that he had finally tossed aside the goldrider. Luckily goldriders were no longer needed in matters relating to power so J’ver didn’t mind terribly when the girl was knocked up and tossed away.

“All I would ask in return, other than your support in any major future political issues, is that you pass along any information you think we’d find useful from within Telgar.” Telgar was one of the loudest against their return and J’ver didn’t mind the idea of having to hold over the leading family if possible. To have Gabrin on the inside working for him would answer so many of his questions.

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

“Is that all?” Gabrin chuckled and took a swig of his wine. J’ver didn’t seem to ask for much but he certainly went big with his request. It wasn’t anything too difficult to procure either since he had been keeping an eye of everyone since he was a teen. In fact, Gabrin had to wonder if one of the women in the family or one of the families close to the Telgars actually had his kid instead of her husband’s. He was more inclined to men but women were still fun to toy with and the married ones were all the more delightful to corrupt and send back to their husbands.

“Consider me considering it, cousin. But first, as a show of good faith between us, I do have a request.” Gabrin finished off his wine and once again waved for the barmaid to fill it and gestured to Khoemi as well. His friend looked miserable and needed some more alcohol in him before he’d be any fun for the night. “My assistant is fascinated with dragons and your way of life. Come back and collect him in three days so that he may get a taste of what he thinks he wants. If he returns happy and without so much as a scratch or bruise on him, then we will have a deal.”

PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“Done, however,” J’ver sipped at his wine, delaying what else he wanted to add to the new negotiation he hadn’t expected. It would be easy enough to make it happen though. S’kef would appreciate the effort in keeping even the minor lords on their side, having the favour come from a relative made little difference. He certainly wouldn’t make it a habit of offering room and board to random people that wanted to see their lifestyle without having earned it through a Search but this had potential to be a good test between cousins.

“We no longer take people unwillingly to the Weyr so your assistant will have to want to go on his own accord. If he has no desire to leave his cushy room, then he stays with you and we can see if there’s anything else you want out of this simply arrangement.” That was the last thing he needed in his quest for turning the tide in their favour. If this boy went kicking and screaming, even the peasants they had swayed to liking them again would turn and revolt, sending dragonriders back to Katila for good.

Date of Birth
02.08.710, 34
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Light brown, short

Threads

“Naturally. I don’t see any issues though,” even if Ekshan for some reason didn’t want to go for the little trip, Gabrin would convince him he had to and the man would go without a fuss and smile the entire time like a good lad. He could be very convincing and after the prank of sending Ekshan on an errand to collect hard to find items recently, no doubt the poor man needed a break. Besides, having someone on the inside he trusted more than the Weyrsecond that was also bound to him by the shameful secret of keeping his bed warm wouldn’t hurt. It’d be good to know more about what he was potentially aligning himself with and Gabrin knew Ekshan was becoming rather skilled in observing without being noticed.

“Well then, I’m going to call this a successful evening. But one that is only getting started for me. If you’ll excuse me, I’ve left my friend and brother-in-law waiting for far too long.” Taking his new glass of wine with him, Gabrin left J’ver without another word and returned to Khoemi where he grinned at the questioning scowl he was given.

“Oh, nothing to worry about. Just catching up on family interests.”

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)