World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[D] An Ode to Evil

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Plotting and scheming all the way to the top
Blackmailing and backstabbing there's no way to stop
Sewing and gardening and clean dragon wings
These are a few of my favourite things.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

01.06.235AL

I've heard more grumblings of late. I think someone is stirring the pot yet again amongst the bronzeriders and their sympathizers. I admit, it has been hard to keep the press about S'kef clean given past actions and mysterious circumstances surrounding the attack on D'ren and who did it. It was convenient that T'shiro was a nuisance bronzerider since it helped paint brownriders in a better light for a while but their aggressive nature has not been something greenriders appreciate and they're chatty little things that spread far too much gossip.

It's a good thing I have options growing. I could attempt to sway those under my influence to continue loudly supporting S'kef since he is the one that brought us home again and is a man of action but I feel like that isn't the smartest move anymore.

I have dirt on some of the louder bronzeriders and sway with some others. I can control their actions and words and when it is time to jump ship due to S'kef's leadership crumbling, I will be able to back the best candidate to replace him.

It is unfortunate considering current arrangements but it must be done. Feelings have been holding me back. Blinding me. I need to look out for myself, as I have always done, if I wish to continue being among the top of the food chain. I have no desire to be down in the gutter again because of Rilaleeyth's hide. Holders respect bronzeriders, they always have and they always will. Dragonriders and Holders alike have been trained to know bronze is the ruling colour and most respected. It is foolish of me to continue clinging onto a brown for status.

A'dris: His dragon adores Rilaleeyth and his view of what it proper may work to advantage.
M'ris: I suspect he is part of the uprising problem. He had a strong voice in the past but I can use it now.
J'zek: In time. Newly Impressed but he is hungry for power and will be easy to mould.
N'vian: Possibly a waste of time given his past adventures but he is smart. He is also easily manipulated when it concerns his twin.
N'kal: He is a hard one to figure out. Likely also a waste of time but I will need to observe him a bit more.
R'nya: The man doesn't even like being a Wingleader (I suspect he passes a lot of the work off on D'hys) but I may be able to gain his cooperation in supporting another bronzerider. He is a traditionalist and he will not be able to abide following a brownrider for much longer. The way to him may be through his girls. Rhaedalyn? Ameris?

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Finally. It doesn't help that my sweet girl doesn't fly as much as some of the green hussies out there or that she is usually caught by Tyrrisath (or Aveleth if he's in the area and has his balls on for the day).

Yes, finally, that handsome young bronzerider has fallen into my bed and our dragons had time to bond after their flight to help sweeten the deal.

A'dris is still suspicious of me, no doubt thanks in part to whisperings from the likes of B'jin and some others who don't appreciate my survival tactics but he did at least hear me out.

He was careful with his words, likely afraid it was a trap to focus S'kef's wrath on him, but he did manage to hint that protocol was there for a reason and if it worked in the past for one lifetime after another, than it was likely wise to go back to such a system.

In other words, he isn't entirely sure he's fond of a brownrider in charge either. I suppose that also means he's been hanging around bronzeriders too much since Impressing and less with his little friends that ended up on blues and greens but no matter. It serves me better this way. He understands how Weyrs work now and who should be in charge and who the commonfolk in Holds and Halls admire and would be more willing to cooperate with. His friends being of lower colours may mean he's more inclined to see them do well, which in turn means he'd be willing to listen to me, someone who knows the game and status quo of everything.

Now, to start working on S'kef and the idea that sending bronzeriders off to be in charge of some of the other Weyrs to get them cleaned up and running again is something to be put into motion. He'll think they're all still answering to him without any power of their own, but I'll have helped select who to send and vouch for their loyalty (to me). The bronzeriders can work on swaying the wings sent with them and I'll push the strongest candidate amongst them to overthrow my dear S'kef.

It's going to happen whether I help it or not so it's better that I have a hand in my fate and guide it to something far more comfortable.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

The pawns are finally in place and the real game is about to begin.

S'kef has been good to me over the years with keeping me living comfortably and not bothered by those who think they outrank me. Not to mention the amazing sex with him.

But I've been having some amazing sex with some other men over the months as part of the strategy to get my way and soon they'll be taking better care of me thanks to the pretty bronze hide of the dragons they ride.

I suppose I should feel some remorse for the man I sometimes think I do love but it's not my fault he only Impressed to a mere brown and the world and I prefer much shinier objects.

But in the end, I'm only remorseful it took me this long to corrupt some bronzeriders to my way of thinking and find the powerful ones to latch onto.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)