World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[D] Daydream Believer

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Life is full of storms, so make sure you dance in the rain and splash in the puddles.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Spent the afternoon with Z'ia. We had a picnic lunch together and then spent time alone amongst the trees confiding in each other secrets and dreams while watching the clouds pass by. It was wonderful!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

I'm pregnant~ I'm pregnant~ I'm pregnant!

I'm so giddy right now.

I have to tell Z'ia right away! No time for anything else. This is the most important thing! Then I'll tell Kally and Ren. They'll all be so thrilled!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

My life is over.

It's been exactly twenty-four hours since Z'ia sent me away. I don't think I can keep convincing myself that he needs time or that we can be one again. He's upset and hurt. I'm to blame of course since I was careless after my one and only time with another man. It doesn't matter that it happened from a flight. It's still a betrayal in Z'ia's eyes. I'm not sure if the fact that it was R'nya makes this better for Z'ia either.

I have to tell R'nya still. And Kally. She's come by a few times but I won't see her. I don't know what to say. I'd better think of something soon though since I know her and she'll be wandering in soon and getting me talk

I don't want to talk. Just cry.

What happened to my fairy tale ending?

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

16.01.236AL

I'm so proud of Dissi! She clutched today and while it still doesn't seem any easier despite being the third time and certainly not any quicker, she did very well and wasn't quite as snippy as she can be.

I counted the eggs after she curled up to rest and there are 55! Another impressive size. Ren seemed happy with the size as well but it was the appearance of two gold eggs that had his and Xyreith's chests puffing up with pride. I know Aradissicath was also pleased with that. I can only imagine her mood if she only had one gold (or none!) after Okalinath recently clutched two. It wouldn't matter that they are friends. At least it wasn't one of the younger ones.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

I'm starting to think something is wrong. With me, specifically.

I'll notice some of the riders in Ren's wing chatting and laughing but they fall silent when I get within earshot. I think they might be talking about me although I don't know exactly what about.

I know I put on a bit of weight during the pregnancy and kept it on for a bit but it's been nearly a year and I thought I had lost it all. My hair has grown back rather nicely as well. My clothes always seem to be in order when I walk by, as I certainly check often enough with running my hands down my dress as I pass them.

So I really don't know what the issue is.

Maybe Z'ia is still upset and has said something about me? Maybe having a child with R'nya when we're not mated is a cause for gossip still.

I wish I knew why they stopped talking when I'm close by as it's driving me nuts!

I shouldn't let it bother me but I can't help it. I thought all was going well and I've been focused and excited for the future.

I suppose I can ask Ren if he's heard anything or to look into it. Maybe I will but first, I need to plan what we should do for Alyren's birthday. It's coming up so quickly! I can't believe she'll be a year old next month. I think a small party is in order since she's still so young and won't remember anything too large. Would just the three of us celebrating together be inappropriate?

I think a nice picnic lunch and afternoon together as a family for our daughter should be all right. I better get to work on her birthday dress and plan what to make to eat!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by now since this is our fourth flight but I can't help but being pleasantly surprised and happy when I open my eyes and see R'nya beside me after Dissi's flights. I know it's more to do with Xyreith being fond of Aradissicath but I like to think and hope that Ren encourages the chase as well. If he does, it's likely only done to ensure I don't end up with a rider that won't treat me well or simply because he knows I don't want to sleep with everybody.

Whatever the reasoning, I'm happy with it.

I like waking up beside him and I like stealing some cuddles.

You like more than just that, my dear.

Dissi! That's very unladylike to imply such things.

Nothing to imply when it's the obvious truth. You get very affectionate with him. And no, you're not allowed to blame your actions on our bond and my lust at the time.

Well... if we're going to talk about... that as well... then yes, I do kind of sort of maybe like ...sleeping sex with Ren when I'm in my own mind. It's very... enjoyable? Mind-blowing? Hot? Perfect? Right? nice. Wait, did you say 'right'? Well... I guess that, too. But it's Ren! Everything always feels right around him.

Anyway! I have to finish arranging our new home to our standards. Fort Weyr is so large and different from Katila! And you need to scope out the new Sands since you'll be spending time there soon as well. There's so much going on right now, I hardly know where to begin.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Oh my gosh! How could I have completely forgotten Ren's birthday is the same day as our daughter's?! I'm such a horrible person. ;__;

I've been so preoccupied with planning the perfect day for the three us to celebrate Alyren's special day that I didn't even think about R'nya's.

What are you panicking about? You just said it yourself. The three of you will be together. That works perfectly for both birthdays. Just whip together a nice scarf or shirt for him and you're all set.

I guess so...

And later on you can drop Alyren off with someone and spend the evening with the bronzerider.

Dissi! Wouldn't that be improper? Taking up so much of his time? Keeping his attention for so late? He is a Weyrleader now after all.

It's not like you haven't visited at odd hours before and I believe he won't mind. If you think he's getting tired and you're keeping him up past his bedtime, you can always tuck him into bed.

Not that I think a grown man needs to be tucked in... but I suppose you're right. I'll make his favourite dish for our picnic and I'll find or make the perfect gift for him as well.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

I heard there's been some issues setting up creches in some of the Weyrs, especially since a lot of the women that either helped at Katila's creche or just offered a bed in their own home to a kid or two are now being placed in various Weyrs. I'm worried about some of the children getting shuffled around or not cared for as well as they should be while everything's still in a bit of disarray during the resettlement.

So I've decided to lend a hand in a couple of ways. I'm going to make sure the Fort Weyr creche is cleaned, set up, staffed, and ready to go by the end of the month and I feel like I'm doing well with raising Alyren -- thanks to Ren's help, of course! But I think I could take on another child around her age. I always wanted several kids and... well... I can't produce them on my own and I don't exactly have anyone offering to help either, so looking after a child that doesn't fit into someone else's life will do me perfectly.

I asked about Varlea, the oddly sweet child of Indivara and V'ler since a few play dates back in Katila at the creche went well and Alyren seemed to like the older girl. The woman that had been taking care of her just gave birth recently and said it'd be a great help for me to take her. I'm currently rearranging Alyren's room so I can fit Varlea's little bed in there as well. I'm also going to make her a few outfits to welcome her with.

All that I have left to do before I take her in is tell R'nya. It's not like we live together and I need his permission to adopt a child but I want to make sure he knows Alyren won't be neglected and assure him that I can handle this. Not a lot of people ever really believe in me but R'nya has always come across that he does but I still don't want him to suddenly doubt my abilities to raise two girls.

I'll see if he's busy tonight after dinner. I think he was having a meeting before dinner but I might be able to sneak in afterward to let him know of the arrangements I've made for Varlea and my intentions for the creche.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Ugh. Men are so frustrating!

Even when he praises Casa he’s still tearing her down. What the heck is wrong with M’ris that he can’t see how wonderful that girl is and how hard she tries?

R’nya agrees with me but I’m not sure if he actually believes it, just wants to keep me happy, or wants to keep Casa in her own Weyr so he doesn’t have to worry about her and her groupies.

I’m getting ahead of myself, though.

The meeting between the three Weyrs’ leaders went fairly well, I suppose. At least we all agree that we need to start prepping another Weyr with how quickly the population is growing now. Still not as many golds in the clutches as some would like, but we have enough clutching golds currently that the Sands seem to always be in use and it’s better to spread them out a bit more to avoid fights in the sky or on the Sands.

Benden Weyr was the best option geographically out of the three remaining empty old locations. It helps spread out the dragons a bit more and takes the pressure off of Telgar Weyr by having so much land in their territory. Not that we have Thread to fight, but I know some of the Lords in the further out regions don’t like tithing when they aren’t really beholden to us. This will quiet down the Benden area which R’nya has told me has some crankier Lords than High Reaches. Even with the death of the Lord Holder last year, they still seem to maintain their stance in supporting us, which I’m grateful for. If the major Holds turned on us, it wouldn’t be long before we were hated again.

But agreeing on opening a new Weyr is one thing… agreeing on who should run it… that’s a headache.

So much bickering and stubbornness! Finally majority ruled with the idea that M’ris and Ameris should take up the task of leading the preparations of Benden and taking over leadership once complete. We’re all skilled now in running a newly opened Weyr but R’nya put his foot down and said we weren’t moving and he proved he wasn’t budging on that (I think the threat that Jajojin came with Fort Weyr also helped).

Honestly, it came down to the fact that Casa Impressed only thirteen months after me. She’s the oldest—in terms of dragonrider, not age—not already running a Weyr, so it makes sense to have Ista leadership teach her what they know and hand over what they have established while they take their knowledge and apply it to Benden. M’ris was so against this idea! Insisting ‘Blondie’ wasn’t ready to lead a parade to the laundry room let alone run an entire Weyr.

R’nya pointed out that when we’re ready to open High Reaches Weyr again that Telgar’s leadership can move there and leave Telgar in the hands of Mulrissa, their most experienced goldrider. She’d make a wonderful Weyrwoman as well. She’s calm and intelligent and with two clutches now to her name with the same sire, Bedith might be ready to mate and… well, T’ryn is a tad young to lead even if he is a bright boy. But I would support whomever they got to lead, just like I will with Ista.

Which is something we can’t agree on. At least we have the goldrider picked thanks to logic but not many bronzeriders wanted the Weyrleader position originally but I know some might step up now that the heavy lifting is done and things are established. But I suggested we let Casa help pick the bronzerider since she will need to work alongside him.

That also didn’t go over well, what a surprise. M’ris again piping up that she’d just line them up naked and pick the largest of the lot. Honestly! So what if she enjoys sex? Who doesn’t, really? She’s just a bit more open than most and enjoys it with more people than I particularly would but I’m not judging her for it! If given the chance to prove herself, I know she would actually step up and stop letting people believe she’s as dumb as M’ris clearly bought into.

But by the end of the long day, it was agreed upon that Casa could either pick some candidates for everyone to agree on or to sit in on us interviewing bronzeriders. The new system of voting in a leader shouldn’t be so difficult!

Now we just have to start organising the actual clean-up of Benden with making rotating rosters. If all goes well, we should have most, if not all, completed by the end of the year. I’m a bit disappointed I won’t be able to help much since Dissi Flies soon but I’ll do what I can from Fort with organising groups and supplies.

Oh! We’ll have to start encouraging some riders and staff alike to think about relocating as well as put the word out to the smaller holds and farms that we’ll need extra hands at each Weyr.

I have so many letters and lists to draft!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)