World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 735.01.17 | Chastity or Lust?
10pm | R'nya

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Rhaedalyn came to with eyelashes fluttering as her eyes attempted to adjust to the lack of light. Since it was somewhat dark instead of the crisp morning sun shining in, that meant she had no business being awake yet. That idea brought a lazy smile to her lips, especially when she shifted her arm a bit and felt the warm body beside her. She really was out of it to forget that Z’ia had stayed the night, especially with flashes of their pre-sleep activities coming to her. Mentally chiding herself for forgetting her sweet bluerider, Rhaedalyn turned over and curled up against the man, fitting herself comfortably and perfectly with her head on his chest.

A light sigh of contentment and then a kiss to the bare skin that became her pillow and Rhaedalyn was ready to fall back to sleep. Except, there was something bugging her and it wasn’t just Aradissicath’s amusement, though that seemed rather odd for the time and place. No, it really isn’t out of place. Your version of everything around you kind of is though and it’s wonderful. The golden dragon commented lightly from her place outside where she was curled up beside the dragon she was currently only slightly annoyed with instead of mostly like normal.

Rhaedalyn frowned and then tensed when she realised what was bothering her. While she fit perfectly where she was and it seemed so natural to be there, it wasn’t entirely right after all. The man she was snuggling wasn’t, well, he wasn’t as vertically challenged as Z’ia as her wandering hand soon found out as it trailed down the man’s torso, making certain it detoured at the right spot to rest on a thigh and nothing more.

Her breath caught when Rhaedalyn remembered what had happened just as the sun was setting. The sun in that phase made my hide shine even more beautifully. I will have to remember that, Rhaedalyn cringed at the offhanded comment and searched her foggy mind for more details and came up with the answer that kind of made her relieved as much as it embarrassed her. She was cuddling R’nya! Indeed you are even though I didn’t tell his dragon to give chase. Of course she hadn’t told him not to enter either and Aradissicath couldn’t really be mad that he wanted her. Given the way he chased anything that was gold and moved lately, he had no choice but to show his interest in her again or face quite the tantrum.

Rhaedalyn was panicking but did her best not to show it as she didn’t want to disturb R’nya who seemed to be asleep. It was tempting to join him, stay curled up as she was, and enjoy the contact but she suspected that was the lingering flight lust and Aradissicath’s good mood influencing her. Carefully, Rhaedalyn inched away from R’nya but as soon as she was on her back again, lying beside the bronzerider, she panicked again as she realised she didn’t know whose bedroom she was in or where her clothes were. It wasn’t pitch black in the room just yet but the light was fading and she didn’t want to risk stumbling around to find something to cover up in.

Instead, Rhaedalyn slowly drew the thin sheet that hadn’t really been covering either of them up. She didn’t care in that moment if R’nya ended up covered or not as the sheet was pulled up and she slinked further down the bed until she was effectively hiding under the material. She was so embarrassed! She had thought R’nya was Z’ia and made herself at home with him and even gave him a gentle little kiss in a show of affection. What if she had been feeling brave and frisky and wanted to surprise Z’ia with a few extra touches like he seemed to enjoy?

Rhaedalyn was mortified and was fairly certain she was going to die from it.

Stop being so melodramatic, dear. Besides, you both would have enjoyed such things. Rhaedalyn gave a soft squeak in reply to such a statement and peered out from under the sheet to look at R’nya. A blush hit her immediately and she dove back under, hoping she could will her clothes to appear beside her. Where were her firelizards when she needed them? Not that they were trained in bringing her items but it would have been a good time to learn!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
R’nya’s eyes fluttered open with a frown drawing his eyebrows together. Being abed at the later-ish hour did not bother him so much, though he had not gotten to go to bed as early as he’d personally like for some time. Damn S’kef and his tossing the Wingleader rank back upon his shoulders! Nor, truly, did being naked for R’nya was a liable to fall into bed without anything on at all, as he was to keep his loose, soft cotton pants on. No, what had the frown furrowing his eyebrows and his lashes just separated enough to peer through the gloomy light, was the very naked and very female body curled into his side.

The content sigh and the fluttery kiss had an eyebrow arching slightly as R’nya watched the top of Rhaedalyn’s head with sudden surprise. The events of the flight came back in a sudden wave of splotchy memories even as Rhaedalyn seemed to realise something was amiss and run her hand down his body. R’nya managed not to squirm, though that took more effort than he cared to admit. Her light touch sent goosebumps spawning all up and down his body and R’nya held his breath in silence as he waited to see what she would do next.

Disappointment settled over the bronzerider like a heavy cloud as the girl inched away from him, and took the blanket with her. While the man was not particularly dismayed at being without cover for his own modesty, he was slightly worried about Rhaedalyn freaking out over both his own nakedness, or his rather obvious arousal. Sighing, R’nya sat up quietly and maneuverer a pillow to sit delicately over his lap, watching when Rhaedalyn cautiously peeked out before vanishing back into the depths of her little hideaway with a squeak.

R’nya’s shoulders slumped and he sighed softly when it was clear Rhaedalyn had no intent to resurface any time soon. “I am sorry, my lady. I did not mean to upset you.” The words were very nearly whispered and R’nya rose slowly from the bed, stepping off the edge; he did not worry about freaking Rhaedalyn out with his desire for more than he could have – her squeak and hiding away had killed that without mercy. Scrubbing a hand over his face and through his short hair, R’nya glanced around the room and grimaced when he realised they were in his tiny little shoebox of a room in the main building.

At least it made finding his clothing easier. Digging through the clothes chest at the end of the bed, R’nya dug up a pair of pants and stepped into them even as his pale eyes searched around the room. He managed to spot most of Rheadalyn’s clothing, and quietly collected it once his pants were tied up, though they hung low on his hips. He brought the bed, in which he was sure Rhaedalyn was still hiding, the young woman’s clothing and laid it out gently at the foot. “Your clothes, lady Rhaedalyn.” His words were formal, but his shoulders were still drooped and his voice was a lacklustre murmur.

“I’ll leave you to dress,” turning quietly, R’nya made his way to the door, pausing just before it to straighten his stance and gather back in place his mask, taking a deep breath. It would not do at all to walk out looking like a whipped weyrling.

Xyreith shifted to sit up where he’d been teasing Aradissicath by cuddling as close as he could, all the while ignoring any dark looks he may have received from the lovely creature who was most definitely his, even if she were too stubborn to admit it yet. His eyes whirled in a slow show of confused worry as he felt R’nya’s sad array of emotion, his own confusion growing. R’nya only ever acted amused or irked after a flight, usually irked because he wasn’t interested in whatever green’s rider he ended up with. Xyreith blinked, glancing at Aradissicath and then rumbling a soft question to R’nya.

Sir?

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Of course R’nya was awake! The man always knew everything that was happening and had perfect timing regardless of the situation so it figured he would be coherent and able to get up and move around – on her behalf. Her stupidity and touches had likely woken him but instead of pretending he was asleep, going back to sleep, or asking her to leave, he got up and found her clothes. R’nya was always thinking of her and the other girls he had decided to be the guardian of for whatever reason and it seemed like that was never going to change.

What did change, was his tone of voice. He had always had a formal way of speaking and while it was odd, Rhaedalyn had always enjoyed it at the same time. It fit the bronzerider and she never teased him about it anymore. However, even with his speech being formal, it still had a degree of warmth to it and this time, that was definitely missing. He had addressed her twice in a matter of minutes but only by a title. Sure, her name accompanied the second usage and R’nya had a habit of calling all the girls ‘my lady’ here and there but this was different and Rhaedalyn hated it.

Without warning, she burst into tears, sobbing less than eloquently under the flimsy cloth. “I’m not a lady, R’nya,” she managed through the sobs and sniffled as she sat up. She was of low-born status and barely managed to make anything edible or wearable. Her best hope back at Telgar was for a farmer’s second or third son to want her or if extremely lucky, maybe a guard. She’d likely have ended up in the kitchen somewhere, chopping vegetables when she wasn’t in the pregnancy bed no matter who ended up feeling sorry enough for her. Even now, Impressing a gold dragon didn’t elevate her that much and while R’nya, R’nd, and a few others, always had manners and addressed all women by that title, Rhaedalyn knew that S’kef stripping away the rank of Weyrwoman and calling all goldriders ‘lady’ was just for show.

“I’m just Rhaedalyn. Like always.” She sniffled again and wiped away the tears on the sheet that was now wrapped under her arms to keep some sort of modesty. Because she was ‘just Rhaedalyn’ that meant she was spectacular at messing up and earning random pity. The pity didn’t happen often but most days she wondered if that was why R’nya always helped her. He had found her clothes because he knew she wouldn’t be able to and was now offering to leave his own room –his rummaging around made that clear– so she would feel comfortable in preparing herself to leave.

Suddenly, she really didn’t want to leave. The bed had been comfortable and safe. Outside, everyone waited. They all knew she had slept with R’nya for the flight and Rhaedalyn was terrified of Z’ia’s reaction. He was a bluerider so she knew he’d understand on some level just like she was bound to have to be tolerant of Aveleth flying greens here and there. Still, his reaction wasn’t something Rhaedalyn wanted to see. Everyone else would look at her differently for several days as well but most did anyway because of her hair or body shape or odd personality. R’nya was a friend that she always trusted and felt safe with and now she had managed to kick him out of his own bed without meaning to and he seemed so distant and cold now.

“I’m sorry, R’nya. This is your room, isn’t it? I should be the one leaving,” modesty didn’t matter anymore as the sheet was thrown aside so Rhaedalyn could get to her feet. She was tired from it having already been a long day with battling Aradissicath’s mood and her own mood swings while tending to chores and it took a moment to make sure she had her balance before finding her slip.

“I… I hope I didn’t upset you too much. I mistook you… for Z’ia,” she began the hesitant explanation of everything as she battled with the slip and finally managed to get it on but only stared at the dress she had picked up. “And then I didn’t want to presume on the kindness you always show me by… stealing cuddles.” She was so lame! Not to mention a bit contradictory. She wanted to stay in bed with R’nya but was terrified Z’ia would be upset over it.

Instead of going to the door like she meant to do so she could sneak out before R’nya did so he wouldn’t have to leave his own room, Rhaedalyn deflated and ended up sitting on the edge of the bed with her back to the door and bronzerider. She still held her dress but now it was being used to dab at her eyes that wouldn’t stop crying. Z’ia was so understanding and caring that she was certain he’d continue to be now but there was always a fear she’d one day find his breaking point. Everyone had one and she hadn’t found the bluerider’s yet. R’nya was hard to read but Rhaedalyn was usually confident he was genuine when her belief he did it all out of pity for her pathetic self wasn’t taking over.

Now, however, she wasn’t sure anymore since she had somehow upset the bronzerider. “Please don’t be mad. Don’t hate me,” the words were barely above a whisper that was muffled into her dress that she had her face pressed against. Flights certainly had their fun moments to them but Rhaedalyn didn’t like the after affects all that much and was wishing for a do-over. You can have that when I next fly, Aradissicath chimed in, still in her good mood now that she had flown and been won by the dragon she had hoped for, even though Xyreith did seem a bit distracted now.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya, sighing out a gentle breath as he composed himself, set his hand on the handle and was in the process of letting himself out of the room when the sound of sobbing slammed into him like a forty tonne dragon, and the man stumbled physically against the door for a moment. Spinning around to stare in shocked horror at where Rhaedalyn was still hiding; pale eyes were huge in his evenly tanned face. He stared as she sat up, hesitant to impose on her personal space.

He was trying to find a way in which to respond; she wasn’t just Rhaedalyn, and R’nya was slightly insulted on her behalf that the girl thought so little of herself. Wide pale eyes blinked and he shook his head slightly, “You can’t leave!” R’nya spluttered, looking horrified, and forgetting to speak his words without contractions. “You’re not dressed!” A fact that was made extremely apparent when Rhaedalyn appeared to take his flustered words as a challenge and stood up in a graceful motion, and oh dear Faranth.

R’nya liked to consider himself a gentleman, and he certainly went out of his way to be proper and polite to the young women that he found his time so regularly spent with. Many of them, being Hold and Hall bred, were unused to the more crass nature of some of the other dragonriders or the rough manner in which some of the younger folk had been raised to embrace. He liked to try and give them a bit of security and familiarity; for them to know there was at least one person – one man – within the community that didn’t think of shoving them between sheets or against a wall every time they were looked at.

Something R’nya was failing spectacularly at as he watched Rhaedalyn with very little apparent concern for her own comfort or modesty. Hungry eyes watched the way the gentle and murky light danced across her pale skin as she fought to put on the light slip, barely hearing the words the girl was mumbling. Something about Z’ia that would have made R’nya’s lip curl with distaste if he were not so busy drinking in the sight of the not-so-naked now Rhaedalyn. ‘Cuddles’ caught his ear, but he wasn’t really interested in cuddling, not unless it lead to far more interesting activities and R’nya closed his eyes, staring at the ceiling behind the lids, as he tried desperately to control himself.

The sound of Rhaedalyn flopping onto the edge of the bed had R’nya’s eyes bugging open once more, his breath catching as his imagination ran away excitedly, before crushing him traitorously when he realised Rhaedalyn was crying. Again. When had he so spectacularly lost the ability to make Rhaedalyn smile? Had he not once been so wonderfully gifted with making her laugh, sometimes so much so that she would even forget to hide her mouth behind her hand? R’nya closed the distance between them in quick steps, and dropped to the floor before Rhaedalyn, reaching up gently to steal the dress from her fingers.

“Oh, Rhaedalyn, I could never hate you.” Putting the poor dress aside, R’nya gently brushed away tears with an oil-softened thumb, pushing her lengthening hair back from her face, where stray strands had stuck to the salty little tracks her tears had left behind. He smiled very faintly, the expression warming his eyes, which were searching Rhaedalyn’s, “you need not steal cuddles, my dear. You are welcome to them whenever you wish.”

She’s already done plenty of stealing, Xyreith drawled, half to Aradissicath and half to R’nya (who was far too occupied with the teary woman to pay any attention. Such a waste), as he turned his attention back to the young gold and settled down once more, pressing into her personal space with all the airs of someone clearly baiting for a response, his attitude smug. You didn’t even try this time, he smirked, eyes swirling happily as he tried to tempt her into throwing a tantrum.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn barely refrained from sniffling again as R’nya wiped away her tears; she didn’t think it’d be very attractive or polite if she did. Any attempts at being polite were tossed away a moment later, however, when the bronzerider foolishly said she was welcome to cuddles anytime she wanted them. As if to test that statement, Rhaedalyn was suddenly throwing her arms around R’nya’s neck to cling to him with her face burying in the crook of his neck. “How do you do that?” She asked randomly, mind bouncing all over the place as it tried to keep up with everything that had happened. So far, all that had stuck out to her was she could cuddle with R’nya anytime she wanted and he was breaking away from his typical speech pattern.

“Don’t you ever get tired of speaking so properly, without contractions?” It was obvious he put a lot of thought into the way he spoke but that it didn’t come naturally. R’nya had done it before in her presence where he slipped up. She had noticed it but didn’t put too much thought to it then. Now that he had done it again and sounded almost panicked as he did so, Rhaedalyn was inclined to believe he slipped into a more casual way of speaking when he wasn’t focused or was upset over something. It was so odd to hear, whatever caused it. In a way, it was kind of charming and cute but it wasn’t entirely R’nya either. A secret R’nya! She liked that idea and giggled a little into his warm neck at the idea of R’nya having two personalities where one only came out at certain moments.

With that giggle, a weight lifted from her shoulders and Rhaedalyn a bit more herself. R’nya didn’t hate her and he wasn’t running away. Any of her own fears were easily forgotten as she continued to cling to the bronzerider she really didn’t want to let go of yet.

Aradissicath barely lifted her head to look at Xyreith. She chose to ignore the comment about Rhaedalyn stealing plenty from R’nya, not wanting to ruin any good moods that were returning by bickering over emotions or whatever else the bronze was eluding to. Instead, she chose to bicker about the flight and rested her head back down on her forepaws.

There wasn’t anyone worthy of my best flying chasing me.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya grunted softly as Rhaedalyn flung herself at him, sending him backwards to land heavily on his rump, arms wrapping lightly around her to prevent her from ending up on the floor herself. Unfortunately, that prevented him from having an arm to fall back upon, and he rocked heavily towards the ground before managing to control the sway of their weight and he sat up, shifting Rhaedalyn slightly so she was seated comfortably (he hoped) across his lap. Almost gingerly, R’nya settled the light fabric of her slip so that it was covering her once more, though his touch lingered at her upper thigh as he raised an eyebrow at her question.

“Not particularly,” he answered, words spoken slowly as he continued to consider her question. Anything to keep himself from focusing on her warmth, and the shocking lack of clothing separating them; her warm breath against his neck wasn’t helping in the slightest and R’nya shifted them both carefully, moving the girl so she would, hopefully, continue to be ignorant of his complete lack of attention to her words. Or the fact that his poor pants were struggling to contain other parts of himself. R’nya swallowed a slightly distressed groan before it could surface.

“Practice,” he added, realising too late that he had just answered her questions backwards. Damn it all. R’nya expelled a slow breath that hitched partway through and he grimaced. He was far too aware of everything that Rhaedalyn was, all that she wasn’t wearing, and he was definitely going to end up doing a lot more things she didn’t expect if the situation wasn’t altered, and very soon. R’nya’s eyebrows knit in worry as he pulled away a little bit from his flight partner. “Rhaedalyn? Would you mind terribly if we cuddled later?” His voice was low, and pained.

He ran his thumb lightly over her thigh, the movement stopping as high on the inside as he could bring himself without passing by any and all boundaries, before lower his hand so it sat much closer to her knee. R’nya was desperately hoping she would get where he was going with his request and that she would not cry thinking he was taking back his offer. He had meant what he had said – she was welcome to claim cuddles whenever she wished them. R’nya had, however, been focused more on the times when those cuddles would come with clothing (lots of clothing!) on the both of them; not right after a flight!

Anxious and worried she would start crying again, R’nya watched Rhaedalyn with a mostly wary expression, though pale eyes were hot with the lust he was trying desperately not to act upon. For his part, Xyreith turned to snort at Aradissicath, not rising to the bait as he responded with a cheerful and cocky Lucky for me; guess you’re just not interesting enough. He grinned at her wolfishly, displaying teeth and tilting his head to watch her more clearly with one delightedly swirling eye.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn giggled again as R’nya answered her silly question but out of order. He was really frazzled! First he was talking in contractions and then answering in odd orders. She wanted to lightly tease him about it and was close to doing so with a finger bopping his nose but the action never came as her name was said and a strained request came out. Rhaedalyn sat back and frowned with her head tilted to the side as she regarded the bronzerider. He had just said she could have cuddles at any time but now he was putting a timeframe of sorts on the offer. Doubt and pity were starting to swarm in on her when a revelation hit instead and Rhaedalyn felt horrible she hadn’t had it sooner.

The night she had gone to check in on R’nya after Xyreith had won a green flight came back to her in vivid detail. R’nya had been shaken and out of it, definitely not himself for the longest time. It had taken a lot of silly questions and stories to help him seem more himself but Rhaedalyn remembered the original stories before all the fun ones about Xyreith. The female greenrider had appeared to R’nya as someone from his past – Etralla. It was the pretty name of the woman Rhaedalyn couldn’t forget; R’nya’s mate that had died during the plague. He hated flights because of the memories they brought up and if a green flight had left him in such a shape, Rhaedalyn wondered how the man was holding himself together so well after flying a gold, which Etralla had also ridden.

“Oh, Ren. I’m sorry and of course. Any time you want them.” She smiled sweetly and gave him a kiss to the cheek. The desire to stay and look after R’nya again was hard to ignore but she could feel Aradissicath’s mood shifting from pleasant and content to cranky so it was time to part ways with the bronze pair for the night.

As Rhaedalyn detangled herself from R’nya to once again find her dress and shoes, Aradissicath glared at Xyreith and studied him in silence. She knew he was baiting her; it was practically the only thing the dragon did but she was still sore over his wandering attention and having him say she wasn’t interesting, albeit it to others, stung. Those that matter find me plenty interesting. Instead of getting up to leave, however, Aradissicath stayed where she was. Rhaedalyn’s hesitant reaching for her caused the gold to give a light snort and she pushed all the concern away as she spoke solely to her bonded, Everything is fine, dear. You see to it that he is fine with being left alone and get yourself back into bed. I will stay here a while longer. He’s very chatty tonight, although that could be entertaining, it sometimes also left her wishing for the times when Xyreith didn’t say a peep to her.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya should have felt relief as Rhaedalyn untangled herself from him and stood up, but all he felt was strangled frustration. She had not understood, not at all. He could tell by the light kiss to his cheek and the innocent look on her face. Either that, or the woman was playing with him in manners R’nya had never expected from someone like Rhaedalyn. He chose to believe she was ignorant. It hurt his brain, and did nothing to ease his frustrations, but it was not nearly as disturbing as the idea that Rhaedalyn was plucking his strings and watching him dance to her tune.

With a low groan, R’nya flopped back onto the floor, an arm dropping over his face to hide it with his elbow as Rhaedalyn dressed – he could not bear the thought of watching that, even if he had been able to play off the reason for why as being completely innocent. Not when all he wanted to do was remove each article; probably with as much vigour as he had when they were lost to dragon lust. How had he managed to coerce her into extras after Aradissicath’s first flight? He hadn’t given either of them time to think, that was how. R’nya growled again, and sat up slowly, scowling at the empty room, not sure if he were glad or not that Rhaedalyn had slipped out.

While he was flunked out on the floor, half dressed and clearly frustrated. Was the girl that naive? Surely not! R’nya groaned again and gave up, flopping back onto the floor hard enough to crack the back of his head. Maybe if he hit it hard enough, he would forget about his troubles and his unruly lust and maybe die. Dying would be magnificent right about that moment. You truly are being quite pathetic, Sir. Though the dragon sounded nothing less than highly amused. It was a pity he was having such fun playing his own games with Aradissicath; it would have been entertaining to bring her in on R’nya’s dilemmas!

R’nya opted to ignore his dragon as he hauled himself to his feet, and gathered up an armload of clean clothing. A trip to the baths was in need before anything even resembling sleep would be obtainable… Then maybe a trip to Telgar would be in order; the only girls that fit R’nya’s tastes left at Katila were clearly outside of his ability to claim. Rhaedalyn was clearly too well-mannered to linger after a flight while mated, and R’nya wouldn’t dream of insulting Ameris by even attempting to visit the other goldrider after Xyreith winning Aradissicath’s flight so recently.

You have until I’ve finished bathing, he warned Xyreith, mind made up as he slid into the warm water of one of the bathing pools.

Xyreith snorted; Oh, I’m sure they do, Xyreith drawled, amused, even as he leaned over to lick Aradissicath’s cheek affectionately and nuzzle down the side of her neck. Then he bit her lightly – he had to keep her one her toes, after all – before rumbling in amusement. Unfortunately, Xyreith looked up as R’nya appeared once more, hair roughly towel dried and a grimace still fixed on his face. Sir has… desires that need to be taken care of. Snorting, Xyreith lowered himself so R’nya could mount (the man was clearly avoiding looking at Aradissicath) and Xyreith licked the gold’s nose once more.

Goodnight, backing to a polite distance from Aradissicath, Xyrieth took off, gained enough altitude, and vanished between to Telgar.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)