World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Lizardus Coitus Interruptus [Kiamyn/Z'lud]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Syra swept into the Kitchen's wearing a dress for the first time in many days. Curious eyes glanced at her garb, the black dress fitting tight to her upper body, and the thin fabric swirling around her ankles. A couple of watching men whistled appreciatively and the woman smiled in their direction without slowing her pace. Going to each of the cooking areas, Syra inquured quietly about scrap meat or any guts that those cooking didn't need. She gathered them into a wooden bucket and moved to the next person. It was Hatch day for a nest of wild firelizard eggs she had been watching for weeks, waiting for them to start hardening in their nests beside the lake. A weyrling waited patiently for her outside, ready to fly her back to the lakebed. The young man had bartered for her bubbly pies with ferry offers, which Syra had readily accepted - on the agreement that it was when it would not be interrupting any duties the young man should have been informing instead.

Once she had collected all she thought she could reasonably find at that hour, there wasn't much at the prep for breakfast, Syra chose a chunk of the less than prime wherry meat and chopped it into small pieces and added them to the bowl. The little offering would have do, she decided. How much could a firelizard hatchling eat anyway? Smoothing her dress, she looked down at herself and tried to hide a grin. She usually preferred her pants and shirts to dresses, but Impressions were an occasion to celebrate; even if it was just for a firelizard. Calling "Thank you!"'s over her shoulder, the woman hurried from the Kitchens with her prize in hand.

As she approached, the blueriding Weyrling unfolded a huge length of shapeless cloth and handed it to her, offering to take the bowl of meat. "Can't go between wearing that dress, Syra." he grinned, "That should fit you, at least for the trip there." She took the cloak, noting it was probably his own personal one, and draped it around herself. The young man handed her the bowl, and the dragon knelt down, offering her his foreleg as a step up onto his back. Syra climbed up, juggling the bowl and allowed the rider to strap her legs to the flying straps and climb behind her, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Ready?" he asked, and she nodded her assent.

Syra closed her eyes, preparing herself for the bone chilling cold of between that was only slightly held off by the cloak. Within the span of a couple breaths, the dragon and his passengers blinked into the sky above the Weyr lake. "Where would you like me to let you off Syra?" he asked, looking below them as the blue hovered in the hair. She smiled, pointing to the far end of the lake far from the nest so it wouldn't be disturbed. The dragon obliged, after getting his orders from his rider and the woman slid down the smooth hide and threw sand in every direction as she landed. "Thank you! Go study, or whatever it is you should really be doing right now," she teased, "Come see me if you want more pies. And don't forget to get that message to Kiamyn!" With that, the bonded pair took wing again and disappeared into the sky.

The woman kicked off her moccasins and strode down the length of the bank, letting the water wash over her feet. The water was decently cold, but not enough to discomfort her. At the other end of the beach, tiny mounds poked up from the sands of the bank, their little shells just visible in the early morning sunlight. The loosely packed sand would fall away as the shells started wibble wobbling with their tiny occupants. Syra settled herself a short distance away, far enough that she could watch the firelizard eggs and approach the hatchlings when it was time to Impress. She only hoped that the weyrling would be able to find Kiamyn in time for the woman to be there for the Hatching.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kiamyn had woke that morning, pre-dawn as usual, feeling strangely calm. She dressed in a white blouse with a deep V that hugged her curves tucked under a red skirt that hung to her ankles, and completed her outfit with a braid pinned up around her head and her typical leather boots. The morning had a slight crispness to it that suggested a cooler day but did not promise it so Kia grabbed a knit shawl just in case before heading out towards the kitchens. She always spent her mornings there as one of the first people to wake up. She started the first batch of klah and threw on an apron to begin making the weyr’s breakfast as people began trickling in behind her groggily.

By eight, Kia was moving toward the main hall, chewing on a scone, having just managed to escape a commotion in the kitchen that had the other cooks iritable. One of the main stoves had over cooked some of the meat and was spewing out small clouds of soot. Between the blackened air, and the yelling people, Kia had to shove around to do even the smallest of tasks and after five minutes, chose to remove herself and eat her well-earned breakfast. At this time of day most of the weyr was up and either eating or finishing their food. She looked around for a quiet place but before she had managed to sit down, someone called out her name.

Kiamyn turned around with surprise, scone in her mouth, klah in right hand, and plate in her left. Kia delicately dropped her scone into her plate. “Me?” she asked. A weyrling ran up to her, a bit out of breath.

“I was looking everywhere for you. Syra was looking for you and asked if I could take you to her, she says she has something she, uh, needs to give you?” He looked to the right as if he were trying to remember Syra’s exact words.

“She promised you pies, didn’t she?” Kia looked sadly down at her plate. “Okay. Give me a minute to wrap this up and then I’ll meet you.” She found out where his dragon was perched then went to her hut to grab her pack and a jacket, and was soon going between. Kia searched the beach with her eyes until she saw a spec in the distance indicating her friend. She waved at the weyrling before taking off to see Syra. “I’m here, what’s going on?” She asked, a bit breathless.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Shh!" Syra admonished, pointing at the nest. "Look, that nest is getting ready to Hatch. I thought we could both do with a little company these days." she smiled, brandishing her hand toward the bowl. "I even convinced some of the other cooks to share their scraps of meat with me... and I fear I may owe a couple of them some of my famous pies." It was at that moment, with her arm still wrapped in the cloak. that she realized she hadn't returned it to the young bluerider. With a frown, she went about untying it from around her neck and laying it out so that the two of them could sit on it and keep too much sand from hiking into their skirts. Her dress, hidden until then, splayed in a loose way across her legs and arranged itself rather beautifully. From the corner of her eye, Syra caught the movement of sand cascading down the sides of some of the less buried eggs as the first movements of the eggs started.

"Look!" She whispered breathily as she gazed at the tiny things. She filled her mind with warm, welcoming thoughts and colors. Letting her room come to mind, with the bed situated below the window and a pool of sunlight spilling onto her blankets. The nest, a scarce length away, was suddenly a hive of activity and tiny, muffled chirps from within eggs. A fair of wild firelizards popped into view a bit farther away from the two women and the nest; a protective queen being flanked by her bronzes. They hummed a small imitation of the hum that dragons used to announce a Hatching, a tune that was filled eerily with hope and sadness. Syra reached her hand into the messy bowl of meet and carefully spread it along the sand rimming the nest, offering a rather large handfull to the wildlings that were humming. It was stoically ignored. She couldn't Impress them all, but at least food may keep them from cannibalizing their siblings - and perhaps gentle them enough to become more wild little flits. Not that the lake wasn't already infested with the creatures.

"Have you ever done this before? Watched a Hatching, I mean? I had one of the riders explain it to me... I'm so nervous!" she muttered to Kiamyn, keeping her voice low and thoughts happy and joyful. Syra's hands were covered in gore, but the woman hardly cared as she gazed with rapt attention at the nest, trying to infuse the air itself with good feelings and images. Food was one thing she kept on mind at all times, ready with the bowl between the two of them for when she would have to carefully feed the little firelizard into her lap and satiate its hunger. It was hard to tell how many of the eggs would hatch, or what they would hatch for that matter. She thought she saw the glimmer of a possible golden egg, but it was dull and almost colorless and Syra suspected it was a dud. Thoughts of Kia's loss tried to flit through her mind but she pushed them away - she was determined to cheer her friend up, and a tiny companion to raise and love who would be by her side in a small imitation of a dragon would help.

Kia would not be allowed to dwell on the loss if Syra could get her way with it. No more pouting around and being sullen and moody like a woman. Spontaneously Syra reached over and hugged her friend. It was a show of affection usually offered to lovers; but the two had been fast friends and she felt close enough to Kia to hug her without it feeling too girly. The eggs chirped once more, and the humming raised to a feverpitch. "Keep happy, welcoming thoughts in your head and offer the one you want food. As soon as its full, you have yourself an Impressed little baby firelizard." she lectured, wincing immediately at the use of the word baby. Had it been insensitive? She hadn't meant it to be... but what's done was done, and she tried to hide her reaction from the other woman.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kiamyn stared at the nest for a moment not registering what they were. She looked between the things Syra was gesturing at, her best friend, and the eggs as realization took its sweet time coming to her. When it finally did, Kia started laughing, buckling over at how long it took her to get it. “Fire-hahaha-lizards! F-for so-some rea-hahaha-son I thought y-you were sh-showing me a wh-wh-wherry nest” she said, trying to get words out between laughs and heaves of air. By the Egg, I needed that laugh she thought, calming down. “I brought us breakfast, I haven’t eaten either and I’m almost half as starved as a hatchling.”

Kia sat down on the proffered cloak, arranging her knees and legs to the side of her while pulling out her cold breakfast and placing it securely between the two of them, eyeing the scavenging flits around her suspiciously. “Mine,” she said pointedly at a brown that inched his way towards her scones. “How different could firelizard hatchings be from dragon hatchings, anyway? Aren’t they cousins?” At the sounds of humming and little chirps, Kia looked up and smiled. How exciting she thought, feeling a buzz in the air. Kia was humming along with the dragons, not even realizing it.

She inspected the eggs with rapt attention. The color variance was minimal and didn’t have as much design variety as dragon eggs, but all of them varied in shades of brown and crème. Some were speckled more than others and one seemed to give off a faint glow like a gold’s but there was no movement. “I think the gold is a dud. What a shame. What do we have to do to impress them, other than feeding, I mean” she asked, curious, and more than a little enthused.

Kia smiled as Syra hugged her. Syra was always comforting and a great best friend. When she miscarried, Syra stayed by her for hours as Kiamyn mourned her loss. She stayed with her through all her depression, and now, it seemed like she was trying to help her get over the loss. Her smile turned a little sadder thinking of the pain but then Syra spoke and told her to get happy. Told her soon she was going to have a baby firelizard. A baby. Kia stiffened at the same time Syra did.

How is someone supposed to think of something happy after that? Kia relaxed and whispered to her friend. “I know you didn’t mean it.” Kia looked down at her hands and swallowed, closing her eyes and taking a few deep breaths. Happy thoughts. Kia pictured swimming in the lake, watching the sunrise, and singing. It took away the frown at the least. The humming became louder as if urging Kia to open her eyes. She spotted a chip popping out of one of the eggs and grabbed Syra’s arm and pointed with the other hand. “Look, it’s hatching!”

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I know you didn't mean it," Kia said, and Syra noticed the other woman swallow and breathe deeply. She wished she could have kept the other woman laughing instead; it was a welcome sound to the sullen, depressed Kiamyn she had come to be used to after the miscarriage. The woman doubted her best friend would understand why she didn't want to Impress a green... she had a feeling that Kia also wouldn't understand her support of "Quick trips between" for women either. It was an opinion she probably wouldn't ever share with the other woman either, not after what had happened. Syra nodded in response to Kia's comment, turning her attention back to the nest and eyeing the little crack in the egg when Kia pointed and exclaimed aloud that one was hatching. Tiny claws poked through the hole from the chipped egg, but Syra couldn't tell what color the little hatchling inside was.

Her attention shifted to the rest of the nest. It seemed only five of the eggs were viable; they were the only ones with any movement, and the other half sat unmoving in their little sandy hills. Just as one egg was chipping itself away to hatching, the egg nearest to Syra shook violently. It was a pretty little egg, a shining white with darker swirls from the narrow top, around and down to the base. She didn't have much time to examine it more as the egg burst in many directions at once and a tiny green firelizard squalled its way into the world. It tumbled from the nest, screeching with the indignity and landed against Syra's legs. As the woman gazed down at it, the little green with swirling red eyes looked up at her and cocked its head. The woman realized she was looking down at it with her own head cocked and laughed aloud. "What a little mimicker you are!" she crooned, ducking her hand deep into the bowl of bloody gobbets she came up with the chunks she had sliced and held it out to the little one.

The green reached her arm out toward Syra, imitating the woman, and when she saw the bloody meat, opened her mouth as if expecting to be fed. The woman obliged, and the wherry meat disappeared down her throat. The maw opened once more and Syra kept feeding it until the swirling red turned green and blue and the insatiable hunger the woman had felt in her own stomach disappeared. The tiny green had eaten almost half of the remaining meat in the bowl, not including any that the woman had left around the nest for the rest of the hatchlings that wouldn't be Impressed. It took her a moment to realize that she hadn't been feeling her own hunger, and that her mind was filled with the warm feelings of contentment and sleepiness. "Mimic..." she breathed, her shock registering that the little green firelizard had curled into her lap and was dozing lazily. "I did it!" she crowed. "Your name, is Mimic." She grinned, flipping the hem of her dress over the firelizard and it's bulging belly full of meat to keep it warm. Its little wings were stretched out on either side of it, waving gently as Mimic instinctively tried to dry them in the warm morning sun.

The sand beneath her had shifted to form a depression she was sitting in, the cloak providing a comfortable buffer between the black dress and the gritty sand. Shards of the tiny egg littered the cloak and her dress. Syra picked them off and tucked them into a pocket of the cloak. The excitement from managing to Impress a little firelizard was buzzing through her veins but she turned her attention from the green, yellowy, partially dark green hide in her lap to Kiamyn. "You can do it too!" she smiled, encouraging her friend. One of the other eggs had a huge crack down its middle, almost directly in half of it. Another had the crown of the narrow end circled by a crack that looked as though it would pop the top off. One of the larger eggs was having a hard time... there was only movement and no visible cracks to Syra's eyes. The egg that Kiamyn had pointed out was hidden by the eggs that were between Syra and the other woman..

"You are ahead of the game little one," she said to the sleeping hatchling. Its only response was to furl its wings and curl into a ball. The woman sighed, looking back at the nest and watching the one egg having a hard time. She was extremely worried that the egg wouldn't hatch without help but she knew it would be a bad idea for her to move, let alone help it. The humming from the adult flits continued, and the little golden queen seemed to watch with as much attention as Syra had. When it saw her looking, she chittered at her, and Syra had the distinct feeling she was being scolded and told to take care of a baby. But of course, firelizards couldn't communicate with words like their larger, more intelligent distant cousins the dragons. She scooped up the green, to tiny chirrups of protest, and lay back in their patch of sun, settling Mimic in the curve of her stomach and laying an arm over her. Not watching the rest of them Hatch, at least until Kiamyn decided which to Impress, would help her feel less guilty that she couldn't Impress them all. At least three of them would go wild with the adults... she hoped. "Wake me when you get around to choosing one of them." she grinned, deciding to take a power nap.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kiamyn watched her friend as she chose the first little flit to hatch and subsequently coaxed it into her lap and heart. She was glad for her friend, a little green could do her wonders and would definately fit her... openess. Kia had once been like that. Carefree and wild, not afraid to show off or smile with abandon. No happy thoughts! she reminded herself, watching the green. Kia laughed at the creature's clear personality "I think Mimic is a great name for her." She fished out a cloth to let Syra clean her hands. "You should eat, I brought too much for myself anyway."

Kia turned back to the eggs. Only three of them would hatch, it seemed. Two of the eggs were not moving at all, including the gold. Kia shot the mother flit a sympathetic look. One of them had a small crack down the middle almost perfectly splitting the egg. Just as Syra leaned back, it burst in two, one shell hitting it's neighbor and aiding the crack in its own egg. Out spilled a gooey brown who looked around and spotted the meat Syra lay around the nest, not even batting an eye at Kia. The firelizards watching over the nest chittered at it and it cooed at them before crawling over to join its family, belly bulging.

The next clawed open its egg and flopped out heels over head. Kia laughed trying to fill her head with the thought of hunger. She fished in the bowl for a piece of meat to offer the little bronze. It stared at her hand with intent then swiveled its eye at her and gave a derisive snort before prancing to the other pieces of meat. "Well that's a 'no' if I ever saw one." The flit moved between the last few pieces of meat on the ground and looked back at the piece in her hand before deciding against it and moved towards his family. "One more egg."

The last one had one lackadaisical swoosh of brown on its creme shell. Little bulges hit here and there working on breaking the egg as thoroughly as possible. Finally it seemed that the little guy inside had enough of punching and peeking and wanted to see the light in more than just a little circle it had clawed out. It stretched its neck and tail out to break the egg, sending shards all over the place, the other lizards chittering encouragement. A little blue sat on the ground, crown of shell placed on his head and covering his eyes. He seemed so confused sitting there that Kia couldn't help but giggle and help the shell off his face.

He cocked his head at her and tried to copy the sound before suddenly spotting the raw meat in her other hand. With sudden abandon, he attacked the meat, swallowing it down almost whole then looking at Kia expectantly. Her hunger surprised her, picking out another few choice pieces of wherry for the little flit who chortled at her as if to say "hurry up!" After his belly was bulging, the blue nudged her hand and cooed thankfully, then looked at her with colors changing happily through his eyes. "You're very welcome" she said.

He tried echoing her. Kiamyn's eyebrows shot up in surprise before she nudged Syra. "If your's is a Mimic, mine is an Echo." Echo climbed into her hand and wrapped his tail around her wrist, gently flapping his wings to dry off. "He's such a pretty teal color, isn't he?" she asked, smiling.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Syra's eyes closed and not moments later listened to the sounds of hatching near her feet.  The woman leaned on her elbow and watched the progression of the Impression. Just as a brown wolfed down some meat and joined its wild brethren, another hatched revealing a bronze. "Well that's a 'no' if I've ever seen one," she heard from Kia as the bronze also partook of the offered meat around the nest. The next egg, the one with the circle of cracks on top, shattered and revealed a blue, wearing the top as a crown on its head and blocking its view of the world. She laughed as Kiamyn took off its little crown and giggled at the tiny hatchling. It was hard for her to stifle her own laughter when he tried to imitate her friends laughter. It was possibly the most adorable thing, besides her own green, that Syra had ever seen.

"That was only four... where's the fifth?" she asked, not really directing it to her friend. Her grey-green eyes scanned the nest, looking for the one that was viable. There! It was the large one, the one that she had noticed having trouble. The egg had managed to wobble onto its side and Syra sat up and reached for it. It was hot in her hands, still radiating from the heat of the sands, and she cradled the little egg. "Don't worry little guy - I'll help you this time." Crossing her legs, Syra set her foot on her calf muscle and tapped the hard shell against her heel, rotating it as she went. Tiny fractures showed up on the egg where she tapped and finally, deciding she had done enough, she set the egg back down. "There you go, the rest is up to you." As if responding to the her voice, the egg wobbled hard, to and fro and finally split in two around the middle. The halves separated and a little queen fell onto the sand. She took one look at the two women and raced toward the wildlings. Without a backward glance, she became a wild firelizard. A couple of the bronze adults in the fair swooped over the two women and took the remaining meat for the queen and the whole group disappeared.

Shock was still registered on the woman's face and she looked down at the eggshells before her. The held a slight shimmer, but at first glance she would have never assumed that egg to have encapsulated a gold. "Well. I... guess I helped hatch a queen." Syra laughed. The little green had woken up and was curiously wandering around the cloak and sniffing. The woman watched as she found the hood and crawled under, disappearing from view. "A little blue eh, Echo... I like it. Maybe he will fly Mimic some day!" Turning her attention to the plate of human-edible food, Syra reached for one of the flaky scones and some of the thinly-sliced, salty meat on the plate. She tucked the meat between the halves of a torn scone and took a bite. "Delicious! I didn't realize I was actually hungry too. I thought it was all her." she said, mouth full of food. As she spoke, the dry bread caught in her throat and she coughed, wishing desperately for a drink of, well, anything.

"What.. ack... do you want to do now? Kahach." she asked, punctuating her words with coughs and almost wheezing for breath.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I guess you did!" Kia laughed. Tickling her lizard's chin to see his reaction. "What a great thing to happen on your name da- What's wrong?" She asked as she heard her friend sputtering. Seeing the half eaten scone in her hand, Kia frantically fished around for the carafe of klah she brought along and the two cups. "Two seconds~" she said, pouring, "here! Drink up!" Kia waited for Syra to stop coughing before pouring her another cup and pouring herself one.

"Here's to a happy name day and not choking on scones. You should find something a little more pleasant to choke on." Kia winked at Syra, taking a drink of her klah. The drink was always a pleasant one and often warmed her insides a bit like wine, making her smile and savor. She picked up a bit of the wherry meat and layered it on a bun with a bit of freshly-made cheese before taking a happy bite and offering some of the cheese to Echo for smelling.

Echo promptly turned his nose away and chortled at her disapprovingly. "It's good, and it's not my fault that you won't try it," she scolded the little beast. Suddenly Kiamyn perked up, remembering something important. "By Faranth's... I've got to go! I forgot something in my rush to get to you!" Kia hopped up, smoothing out her skirts before smiling at Syra. "Don't forget... do something hot then when you're all relaxed, come find me. I have a surprise for you, too." And without further ado, nor her pack, Kia ran off towards the weyr.

Kiamyn was in the kitchen putting on the final touches to Syra's surprise dinner. She carefully basted this roast with the help of half the kitchen staff all making their signature foods. Thankfully Kia was quite skilled at making meats, but half a day in a kitchen with sharp objects was putting quite a strain on Kia to keep herself free of accidents. When all was said and done, Kia had a special table laid out in the minor-eating-hall for her friend complete with pies, roasts, bread-bowls, and (in some people's eyes) most importantly, mead. Lots and lots of mead.

Kia stood back and enjoyed her handi-work for a moment before summoning a nearby weyrling. "Go find Syra if she's back at the weyr, please. If you find her, don't tell her what's going on." The weyrling smiled and a few of the kitchen staff patted her on the back, impressed by the amount of work they all did. The table had a few vases of wild flowers on it. Most of the kitchen staff, and all of Syra's friends would be sitting here tonight, nearly everyone on the list knowing about this for a week. "Now all that's left is for her to get here. Places, everyone!"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Breathing after choking down some klah, Syra grinned at her friend. "It has already been a good name day! But I do wish I knew where an attractive man was right now... the perfect day for a tumble by the lake." The little green firelizard poked her nose out from the hood of the cloak and crawled across the fabric toward the blue, whom she had just noticed. When Kiamyn offered him cheese and he turned his nose up Mimic, true to her name, tried to copy the sound with a small amount of success. When the other woman wasn't paying attention, the green stole her sandwich and tried to lift it to her face as the woman had. As the thing fell apart and dropped on the cloak, she squawked and raced back to Syra.

Before long, Kia made excuses and headed back to the Weyr leaving Syra with her bag, food and carafe of klah, which she helped herself to generously. Not bothering to clean any of it up, she wiggled her mug into the sand and leaned back on the cloak. It was early afternoon now, and the sun was higher in the sky and warmer. Syra almost regretted her black dress, but she managed to make herself feel better by hiking the dress up around her thighs to cool off. Mimic crawled up her leg and curled herself in the curve of the woman's abdomen. It didn't take long before the Impressee's were both asleep, dozing in the sun.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Urath woke Z'lud that morning impatiently. Everything itches he complained, mentally prodding his bonded's mind. Z'lud rolled over, still sleepy from the previous night's frivolity and groaned. Go to sleep you great lump of blue hide he complained. My hide is very handsome, thank you, and it itches. I don't know why people insist on insulting me that way. Z'lud groaned again, begining to push himself out of bed out of realization that his dragon was not going to let him rest. The man stretched and rubbed his eyes before opening them to the light of day, surprised that he was waking up so late in the morning. He and his dragon usually woke at dawn for a morning flight so the pounding in his head gave clues as to why his routine was changed.

"How much did I drink last night, Ur?" he asked, splashing water on his face. A bit. It seems that you punched Kripth's rider last night. She's none to pleased and has been complaining to me all day about his eye. Hurry uup. Z'lud laughed. "Big shocker there," he replied, pulling on a pair of leather pants. "Let me get the oil and i'll be right over." True to his word, he was there in two minutes. The next two hours, however were spent oiling his dragon's dry hide. By the time he was done, it was the afternoon and the sun had turned angry on his exposed back.

"What do you say we go for a swim?" He asked the dragon. Urath turned a big eye twoard him and snorted his approval. "Let me get my shorts and we'll go." Z'lud quietly thanked the Egg that Urath chose to sit near his hut for once while changing. Moments later he sat on his dragon's back, shirtless, and gave the image of the lake to Urath while bracing from the absolute cold. Bracing didn't work, and Z'lud hardly waited for the warmth to return before jumping off his dragon's back, into the lake. And that's how you make cold water warm he thought to the dragon, not realizing that his splash made it to the shore and the pretty woman that was sleeping at its edge.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Syra had no idea how long she had been dozing when she was rudely awoken by a massive water splash soaking her and the better half of the cloak she was laying on. She shot upward, sputtering and wiping water from her face. The shock of the water scared Mimic and she shot off of Syra, squawking her displeasure before disappearing into the hood of the cloak again, which seemed to be her safe place. "By the egg!" she swore, her face a mask of rage and utter annoyance that would make even the strongest man flinch, "Who the hell just drenched me!? You better have a good reason fo- Ohh." the last was cut off by the woman looking up to see the man in the water. His longer hair and attractiveness only cooled her fury a little bit, but she couldn't seem to drag her green eyes from him. Syra shook herself, hiding her reaction and shouted loud enough for him to hear, "What do you think you are doing?!"

As she stood, wiping away excess water from the dress that now clung to her suggestively, the woman tried to compose herself. She had seen the man before, of course, when Kiamyn had pointed out her half brother, but she hadn't had too much conversation with him in the past. Nothing more than polite conversation, and usually in passing. Seeing him now, with no one around and her own thoughts clouded by sleep and waking lustfulness. He was a very fit man, and she knew he rode a blue dragon but it wasn't in the water with him. Syra dragged her gaze upward, seeing the blue hovering above the lake and decided that Z'lud must have dove into the water from his dragon's back. That would explain the huge splash he made. A smile split her face as she looked up at the beast above her; she truly loved the dragons of Pern. She wanted desperately to climb aboard the beautiful blue and fly free through the skies on dragonback with him.

It wasn't long before the clinging dress started to irritate the woman, and she hiked up the hem to her knees again and tied a knot in the side. "You know, the least you could do is announce yourself next time!" she grumped, unsure of if the man had heard and fairly sure that his bonded had. Crossing her arms across her chest, she fixed a the man with an unwavering stare and she continued to look him over. Her hair fell in smooth waves around her face and over her shoulders, and the made no move to tame it or braid it away from her face. Mimic hadn't reappeared from the cloak yet, and Syra was sure she was probably as cold as she herself was. It didn't bother her much, she knew the sun would dry out the cloak and her dress in time, and the hatchling firelizard would warm up as well in the heavy hood. The crashing tide on the bank of the lake was inching its way closer to the nest where her little one had hatched, but she wasn't worried since the rest of the clutch were duds.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)