World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Spontaneous Confessions [R'nd]

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn always loved watching the wings practice even before he had a dragon of his own. His theory was that one day he would be a part of a wing and it was to his benefit to learn drills and formations. There was also something wonderful about watching so many dragons flying together as well. Now that he had bonded to a bronze, T’ryn couldn’t help but hold onto the new hope that he would lead a wing one day. Perhaps, he added hastily to his dreams, with not the same methods as R’nya. That man had some strange ideas for warm ups and group activities. It was fun watching grown men – his father included – play silly games though.

Speaking of his father, it seemed practice was over and R’nd was currently stripping off layers of clothing and dabbing a towel to his face. Just like with silly warm-ups, there were cool downs as well and the dragonriders were left sweaty and sometimes grumpy. As he watched R’nd affectionately pet Ayyonth’s neck and laugh at something the blue must have said, the usual desire to purposely talk to R’nd took hold stronger than ever.

Why was he still listening to his mom and keeping everything a secret? He was nearly thirteen and a man grown! He also Impressed to a bronze, so he definitely had a say in whether or not R’nd should know he had another son. This was the perfect time as well. R’nd was mostly alone with his wingmates starting to head their own ways and B’jin wasn’t around. It was nice to see people in love but those two seemed to be glued at the hips some days and it made it hard to approach either of them. Then go to him and tell him everything that’s on your mind, Syrendryth put in with a yawn. He had enjoyed watching the wing practice curled up in the sun with his eyes closed.

Running out of ideas to keep him from moving, T’ryn finally jumped to his feet and tried not to run as he made his way over to the blue pair. Syrendryth took a moment before following and sat down a few feet behind his rider as moral support. “Hello, R’nd,” that was a good start! Greetings were always civilized and gained the proper attention. Now, he just had to find a way to point out his parentage in the same easy manner.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd turned when he heard the greeting addressed to him and gave a brief look of surprise at T’ryn. He hadn’t been expecting the young weyrling and wondered if he had been sent by B’jin for some reason. That idea quickly passed as R’nd decided a bronzerider wouldn’t be sent on such a menial errand as collecting a lover and sometimes assistant. It wasn’t even all that odd for a weyrling, or anyone, to approach him for casual conversation but R’nd still couldn’t fully process why the boy came up to him so soon after practice. Surely he didn’t smell or look that good right then!

“Hey, T’ryn, how are you and Syrendryth doing?” R’nd greeted the pair warmly with a smile. Despite being confused, he still liked the pair just as he liked most everyone else at Katila. He was friendly, sometimes overly so, to everyone but the Candidates and recently the newly Impressed had especially grabbed his attention. R’nd wasn’t sure he had the same skill set or frame of mind as B’jin did when it came to being a natural teacher but he had been enjoying the classes the greenrider threw at him all the same and watching each bonded grow and come into their own was rather exciting.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“Oh, um fine,” for some reason, he hadn’t thought about small talk or R’nd showing an interest in him or the bronze dragon sitting beside him. He should have, of course, since it was R’nd. The bluerider talked to everyone and made each and every person feel important – unless they were under a certain age. It was almost amusing to see the usually calm, cool, and even suave man panic and look horrified when a child was near him. It made it easy to see why his mother never wanted R’nd to know about him but T’ryn still yearned for the proper father-figure in his life despite who his father was.

“We had time off so we were watching your practice. I can’t wait until I’m in one,” T’ryn grinned brightly and ignored the memory of his mom so recently telling him that it reminded her of R’nd. To anyone with eyes, he looked a lot like his father but it seemed it was the smile that really made it obvious, at least to his mom that still had feelings for the bluerider that was rumoured to have visited every bed in Katila before finally getting chained to B’jin’s. Why R’nd seemed to be the only one that didn’t notice was a question he had been asking himself for far too long. He had stopped asking his mom about why she was so enthralled with the man after entering the Candidate classes and getting to know R’nd a bit more. He was a genuinely kind man and given the way people fawned over him, T’ryn had to assume he was attractive as well. Still, he was a blind and oblivious idiot.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Given the dedication you show to your classes, I know any wing will be lucky to have you as a member,” R’nd complimented with complete honesty. He never gave out a compliment he didn’t fully believe. If he said someone was beautiful, then to him, they were. There was never a point in lying, not even if it meant sparing feelings. He had always been honest when a partner started to fall for him and want something more serious than he could provide. It broke a lot of hearts but in the end, R’nd felt it was better than leading anyone on. “I wouldn’t be surprised if you and N’mor had your own wings one day with how serious and level-headed the two of you are.” R’nd knew how proud B’jin was for his son and imagined T’ryn’s mom felt the same way.

Ayyonth set his nose on R’nd’s shoulder and the bluerider patted it with a smile. You stink and should really bathe before the little ones pass out from your stench. R’nd scowled but started laughing, far too used to his dragon’s teasing. It didn’t mean he was always pleased with being on the teasing end but R’nd adored the beautiful ocean blue dragon too much to care for long. “According to Ayyonth, I’m apparently in need of bath,” R’nd informed the bronze pair, in case Ayyonth hadn’t bespoken them as well. It was always hard to tell with the blue; sometimes he was free with his words and spoke to anyone he wanted, other days he was quiet and only spoke to R’nd. In the past, R’nd knew Ayyonth ignored Kerrin sometimes to play with the boy’s head but usually those two got along perfectly and chatted for hours.

The towel was picked up again and R’nd lightly dabbed it along his bare torso in an attempt to mop up sweat and potential stench. He wasn’t overly fond of the state he was left in after some practices and gave a small glare at R’nya who was discussing something with D’hys. How that man ended up as a Wingsecond again was beyond R’nd though if he was being honest, he could see how seriously his fellow bluerider took the job and that he was good at fitness.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn stood a little taller at the praise and glanced over at Syrendryth who also seemed rather pleased with the comment and had his head held higher than usual. They were an amazing pair and worked hard to stay ahead of the learning curb in class but still did their best to assist others. Some were beyond help but others just needed a little extra guidance or a tip that he had figured out that the instructors didn’t know or want to share. He, of course, always helped N’mor when his friend needed it as well but made sure it didn’t seem like it was done out of pity. His friend was strong and impressed T’ryn every day with the willpower that was shown to carry on and learn to be the best bronzerider ever despite having lost an arm in the landslide. If nothing else, N’mor was the reason T’ryn worked so hard.

“Huh?” Having gotten himself uncharacteristically lost in his thoughts, T’ryn was caught off guard by the laugh and mention of baths but slowly regained his composure, “oh, uh yeah. I guess so? I mean, it’s not like I noticed.” T’ryn frowned as he babbled out an answer, unsure of what he was supposed to say about it or if he was supposed to leave now because he had been dismissed. I noticed, Syrendryth haughtily replied and T’ryn rolled his eyes at his dragon. There was definitely some arrogance in the bronze but T’ryn liked to think they did and always would have the skill to back it up.

“I’ll let you get to it then I only wanted to come over and say…” what had he wanted to say? Did he really think R’nd would want to know his secret? He was already busy and wouldn’t have the time to do father-son things like some normal families in the Weyr did. He probably wasn’t even interested in such a thing. “That that was a great practice and the wing’s turns have really improved.” It wasn’t a complete lie; T’ryn had noticed that when they turned as a unit, it looked much sharper and no one straggled now. R’nya was probably relieved some progress had finally been made.

With a small uncertain smile, T’ryn turned on his heel and started to walk away. He was maybe ten steps out when disappointment set in. How could he back down like that? It was the perfect chance to talk to R’nd and tell him everything. His mother would understand and she couldn’t keep babying him forever, not now with his age and a bronze dragon beside him. So what if R’nd didn’t want him? Would it really change how the bluerider treated him? He was kind and friendly and a decent Assistant Weyrlingmaster when B’jin dragged him along.

“R’nd!” He called out the older man’s name as he turned back but didn’t run back up to him. All of his energy was put into keeping his nerves calm and his mouth moving, not his legs. “I’m your son! My mom is Telerii and she found out she was pregnant with me shortly after you broke her heart and while she told me who my dad was, she always said not to tell you because you weren’t ready to know you were a father yet but you accepted Benden when Volfetti went to you and I could never understand why mom never did.” Blue eyes went wide as T’ryn noticed he had definitely kept his mouth moving but into the realms of babbling like a nervous crazy man. Having stopped his mouth, T’ryn did nothing more but stand there in the awkward silence that seemed to surround him as he waited for R’nd’s reaction. He didn’t even notice the small crowd he had attracted from the lingering wingmates.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd wasn’t sure what to make of the slightly awkward parting but let the boy go with a word of thanks and a smile before he turned back to the task of packing up his belongings with the goal of heading to the hot springs next. When his name was so urgently called out again a moment later, he swung back around, confused and even a bit worried, thinking something had suddenly happened to Syrendryth. It wasn’t like T’ryn to panic or even raise his voice to call out like he had. When he saw the bronze pair still seemed okay, R’nd nearly laughed at himself for his way of thinking but all humour died as the boy suddenly made a crazy confession that left R’nd looking far from elegant as his mouth hung open.

As they stared at each other in the silence that kept growing louder around them, R’nd had no idea what to think, let alone say. Even Ayyonth was staying silent on the subject though he had no doubt already formed an opinion and whether or not he believed the kid. Why anyone would say they were his son and not actually be his son was the question he was currently trying to work out. Perhaps it was a joke; some prank one of his friends had put the poor kid up to for some reason or another to see R’nd’s reaction. It was rather well-timed with it being at the end of wing practice so there was a bit of a crowd. I’shan was probably bored lying in bed all day and was starting to mess with him as a new way to pass the time. Still, that seemed a bit too mean even for I’shan who didn’t always think things through.

Finally, words came to R’nd. “You can’t be my son. You’re so old,” how could he have a son that was twelve? He knew Telerii and remembered their time together back then and the other casual hook ups since then but had he really left her pregnant? Thinking on it a bit more, R’nd finally recalled seeing her pregnant belly showing a month or two after they had parted ways and he had moved on to someone else. He frowned, wondering if that was why Telerii never said anything at the time or ever. It was well-known that he was a playboy and children freaked him out because he didn’t know what to do with them, which was even more evident when he was left to care for Benden for any length of time.

The distance between them remained but R’nd had decent enough eyesight that he took to examining the boy more closely than he had ever done before. The blonde hair, the shape of his eyes, even the shape of T’ryn’s face were all very familiar. In fact, R’nd was close to believing the boy looked a lot like him when he was that age. There really wasn’t denying it any longer. Just as he had when Benden was presented to him, R’nd saw the similarities and a wave of guilt washed over him for never noticing sooner or giving off the vibe that he could have been approached before now. “You really are my son,” that was stating the obvious but he didn’t know what else to say.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Well, he hadn’t passed out or ran away so that had to count for something, even if it left R’nd standing there gawking at him. T’ryn shifted from foot to foot, feeling extremely self-conscious and wondering why he thought it was a good idea to speak up. His gaze dropped to R’nd’s shoes and then to his own with the occasional glancing up at the bluerider. He could feel the other man’s gaze on him, scrutinizing him, taking him every detail as if it were the first time doing so. Even with the attempt at denial, T’ryn didn’t know what else to say and let R’nd sort everything out on his own.

Finally, the obvious statement that was just a repeat of what he had said came and T’ryn found the courage to look R’nd in the eye again and gave a sharp nod. Normally, T’ryn would have pegged himself as fairly confident and secure in who he was when he wasn’t thinking about not having a father because the man didn’t like children and it likely had something to do with him. N’mor always seemed better at everything but it never bothered T’ryn since he was always right there just behind his friend, not straggling behind or wallowing in pity. But right then, doubt clouded everything else and suddenly T’ryn couldn’t remember why he wanted R’nd to know and couldn’t remember any of the scenarios he had played out in his head since he was old enough to have such thoughts.

“Are you disappointed that I am?” R’nd was so utterly cool and everyone loved him. T’ryn was, well, he wasn’t sure what he was but he wasn’t sure if he qualified for any label that R’nd carried. Maybe he was seen as a disappointment because he wasn’t the life of the party and didn’t have any strong interest in girls like some of his classmates. Maybe having a bronzerider for a son wasn’t as exciting to R’nd as it was to others like his mom or B’jin. Maybe he was too short or too tall or even too average.

Or maybe you’re just right in every way and are perfect. You are to me. T’ryn turned to face his dragon and stared at the bright bronze dragon that still possessed his orange-tinted hide. Some of the nerves and fears faded away with that statement and T’ryn visibly relaxed his shoulders that were tensing up and gave the dragon a small smile of gratitude. He had needed those words.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

It truly was amazing that he was still standing and conscious given his track record when it came to serious conversations that typically involved feelings. Even B’jin had had some close calls with him that ended up with R’nd sitting down before his knees gave out and somehow didn’t fall to pieces as his mind shut down and worked to block out the part of the conversation that scared him so much. It was a bit harder to block out this confession, though, and R’nd was still reeling from the revelation as he continued to stare at T’ryn. In a way, it worked in the weyrling’s advantage as it kept R’nd focused on the similarities more than the shock of having a nearly adult son. True shock finally set in when T’ryn asked a question R’nd never would have gone to otherwise.

“What? No! Why would I…” R’nd hesitated as he frowned, watching the boy silently interact with his dragon that seemed to be on a never-ending growth spurt. When he set aside the boy himself, knowing he wasn’t a disappointment for anything that he was or did, R’nd came to a reason as to why the question really wasn’t that out of place. Sure he was friendly, sometimes too much so, and did his best to treat everyone kindly and fairly, but even he knew he was also seen as a playboy and flighty, one that could never be pinned down and ran away from emotions, especially love and possibly even responsibility. It could easily be taken that he was disappointed that he now had another kid to care for, one that was old enough to resent him for not being there from the beginning or not caring enough about the mother to be one big happy family.

Perhaps it was thanks to his relationship with B’jin that taught him a new level of compassion and tenderness or perhaps it was his attempts to be a father to Benden who was now reaching an age where he was full of stories and questions, or maybe it was his desire to always protect those directly associated to him in some way but R’nd finally shook off being stunned and walked from Ayyonth to T’ryn. He was only a foot taller than the boy but still R’nd dropped down to a knee so he was now the one looking up at the weyrling and smiled sadly. “I’m sorry I’ve given you cause to ever doubt yourself like that, T’ryn. No, I’m not disappointed. I fear you might be though. I’m still learning how to be a father to a toddler and not quite sure what I’m supposed to do for your age.” It was probably a good thing he was so close to the ground now – he was starting to feel a bit lightheaded from the ordeal.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

The whole situation was already incredibly awkward beyond belief but now that he had R’nd kneeling before him, and without a shirt, T’ryn couldn’t help but think what it must have looked like to the crowd he finally remembered was lingering around despite his attempts to get R’nd alone. That thought didn’t help where his mind was already stuck and T’ryn shifted nervously again as he forced himself to focus on what R’nd was saying and the infliction to each word. Did the bluerider mean what he said and why would he when such a surprise had just been thrown at him?

R’nd was a pretty honest guy and T’ryn knew he meant the words he said, which only added to the confusion he was now drowning in. R’nd hadn’t denied him but he wasn’t weeping in joy at having a new son either. It wasn’t like T’ryn had hoped for either scenario – at least, not regularly – but it being so neutral and filled with honesty and his own hesitation made it hard to know what he was supposed to now. Was he supposed to hug the man or walk away because R’nd didn’t know how to be a father?

Finally, he just gave a casual shrug, “that’s okay. I don’t know how to have a father either but I’m sure we’ll figure it out as we go.” It probably wasn’t too different from when R’nd was assisting in one of his classes. N’mor and his dad seemed at ease with each other in those cases as well so T’ryn had confidence they would be okay. It’d only be in the down time when they tried to spend time together and maybe actually learn more about each other.

“Um, can you get up now? People are starting to stare.” T’ryn glanced around the area and saw how some were completely enthralled in what was happening while others seemed to idly poke at their riding straps or pretend they were busy. He sighed; it really was a poorly timed decision but at least it was done and R’nd hadn’t turned his back on him.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Laughing, R’nd stood up and followed T’ryn’s lead of glancing around the area. He shook his head at a few people that he wasn’t surprised were watching so intently and knew what would be the favourite topic over dinner that night. “We’re both good at improvising so we should be okay,” he reassured his son and then nearly fainted at that thought as his eyelids fluttered slightly. He’d been doing so well with the situation but it seemed like he was reaching his limit when it came to his special form of denial and acting casual.

With only slight hesitation, R’nd slung his arm around T’ryn’s shoulder in something that was more manly and relaxed than a hug since he wasn’t sure himself if anything more was expected and the current gesture was something he did with some students and friends all of the time. “I’ll come by soon to see you and your mom. I imagine we have a few things that need discussing.” Hopefully Telerii didn’t want to murder him for taking so long to see something so obvious and wouldn’t get upset at T’ryn for breaking the silence and approaching him with the secret.

“You better get going. I know you have a few routines from B’jin to tend to before dinner and evening inspection from Larrikith,” the little green was a ball of sarcasm and fun but she still took her job seriously and wouldn’t appreciate even a bronze weyrling being late.

“And, T’ryn? Thank you for telling me.” With a smile, R’nd went back to Ayyonth to work on rubbing down the dragon after a good practice. The task was currently also needed to focus his mind and get him through the final steps before heading home. A bath was craved and apparently needed according to the opinionated dragons, but R’nd wasn’t sure he trusted himself to keep his head above the water just yet. There was too much to take in and all he wanted to do was curl up beside B’jin and not think again for a few days.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
@Insulting Truths

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)