World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.09.20 | Unwanted Conversations
7 PM | R'vi

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Tavynia was many things; even patience was sometimes a virtue she could possess but she had waited long enough. Ryvian had dodged her every time she tried to have a proper talk with him and now he had gone and Impressed! It wasn’t fair. She had something important to say and the bastard needed to hear it even if she had to lock him in a room and possibly even tie him down. No doubt the jerk would like that too much and be distracted in the end anyway.

Frustration finally set in enough that after a seven day of waiting for Ryvian and his little dragon – a blue, she pouted mournfully for the millionth time since the Hatching – to settle into being together she sought them out. If it was possible, she’d prefer to avoid the dragon but she doubted she’d be that lucky. Dragonets seemed glued to their bonded’s side but it wasn’t like Tavynia could blame the little guy; Ryvian was nice to be attached to.

After dinner, she sought out the new blue weyrling and flopped down beside him once Ryvian was found under a tree near the hot springs relaxing beside the sleeping dragonet. “We need to talk. Like, weeks ago.” Tavynia didn’t do her usually greeting and definitely avoided even hugging the man. No way was she going to upset a dragonet, even a blue one, and get yelled at by anyone. She just waited with an expectant glance as Ryvian blinked and shifted, probably wondering how he could run.

PA - 250 Posts!!PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It had been a long day of waking up early, feeding his dragon, oiling his dragon, feeding his dragon again, and checking in with the class before feeding the growing blue yet again. All he wanted to do now that he himself had been fed was rest under the tree near the springs where he could listen to the water lap lazily against the edges. Instead, he had to deal with one cranky blonde woman he hadn’t seen much of since Impressing. An eye opened to checked who approached and then both did so he could stare at Tavynia when she invited herself to sit with him and demanded they talk.

This was not going to be fun.

R’vi scanned the area, trying to plan an escape route or flag down someone that could rescue him but no one was in sight. Too bad Indivara had her own plans that evening. She seemed to be good at keeping Tavynia away though R’vi didn’t want to think too much on the reasoning behind that. With a sigh, he nodded and shifted so he could turn to face the girl that had been his lover until bonding to Vydoriath. “All right. I know you’ve wanted to talk to me about something since before the Hatching, so… what’s up, Tavvy?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Tavynia glared at the boy. That’s all he really was despite being older and Impressing recently. Why did she ever think he was so cool and had the potential to be the perfect mate? The clues started to compile when the dragon he bonded to was blue instead of bronze but she was willing to forgive that since Ryvian was still fun to be around and great in bed. But the innocence, or stupidity depending on the scenario, was starting to grate her nerves and now was no different. How could he act like he didn’t have a care in the world and like their talk he’d clearly been avoiding forever was something mundane like the weather or what they would wear to the get gathering?

“I’m pregnant, Ryvian. By you,” she spat the confession out, eyes still set in her perfected glare. She had wanted the moment to be special and tender – back when she first knew. Now, after being ignored or dismissed for other things for so long, Tavynia didn’t care about any of that anymore. All she wanted to do was get the truth out there and turn the boy into a supporting partner that would spoil and cherish her as was only appropriate.

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Usually when Tavynia glared at him, it had more of a playful pout to it and he knew she was angling to get something out of him. This time, however, it was almost scary and R’vi wasn’t sure what she was about to say. The words that finally came out were cold and to the point, so much so that he thought she was joking around and was about to come out with the actual topic, likely about clothes or something silly like that. The glare that kept on coming slowly started to change his mind about that theory. “You’re serious, aren’t you?” The smile that had slowly crept into place was wiped away and he gawked at Tavynia.

How could she assume the child was his? He knew as well as anyone else that Tavynia slept around as much as he did. They had shared D’hys once but R’vi knew there had been men before and after that time that Tavynia had seen solo. He didn’t care and still didn’t – it wasn’t like they had any sort of agreement or a true relationship. He had tried to convince himself early on and on occasion since then that he cared for her, had deep feelings, but he really didn’t. She was pretty, a good lay, and sometimes fun to hang out with but she didn’t compare to other people he knew.

“How can you be so sure? We both know I haven’t been the only one with you in the last …however long it’s been since you were knocked up.” She had never had a child either, so it was clear she knew the ways to avoid pregnancy and either forgot or wanted the kid now. He was suspicious of what the motive was but kept quiet. One accusation at a time was enough.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Tavynia barely resisted the urge to smack Ryvian for thinking she was joking around. Why would she ever do such a thing? She had never had a desire to pregnant and stated quite clearly when asked why she didn’t have a child that she didn’t want to be fat or have to deal with a baby. It simply wasn’t her idea of fun and while she occasionally had dreams that included an adorable family with her perfect mate, Tavynia never dwelled on the details of acquiring such things. She currently wasn’t too sure she had the right man for the perfect mate either. He was hot and fun but he seemed a bit ditzy lately and didn’t even want to own up to his own mistakes!

When Ryvian questioned her further, throwing not only their night with D’hys in her face but a few other little flings on the side, she snapped. Tavynia balled her fist and having never done it before, gave her best wild punch straight at Ryvian’s upper arm. She squeaked in pain as he yelped and grabbed his arm. Vydoriath glared at her but at least she wasn’t trying to sit on her or give her a headache with complaints about abusing his idiot rider. “I know what I know, Ryvian! I’m mostly with you and the others…” her voice trailed off and Tavynia had the decency to blush as she tried to find a more polite phrasing for what she wanted to state. “They don’t finish in the same manner as you.” It was amazing how long it took Ryvian to clue into what she was implying given how large of a slut the twin could be but when his eyes widened a bit, she knew he had finally caught on. Although, that wasn’t entirely true anymore given some of her times with D’hys since the first night with both men. She decided Ryvian didn’t need to know that detail.

“If I have to put up with the pregnancy, then so do you, Ryvian. I expect you to help when I need you and you can help raise it until the crèche takes it.” Unless the child helped to soften the twin up again and brought them closer together. She was still disappointed he hadn’t Impressed to bronze like his brother but Ryvian was the far easier brother on so many levels and didn’t really mind keeping him around.

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

R’vi regarded Tavynia in silence for a long time as he took to lightly scratching around Vydoriath’s head knobs. She was a complete bitch with her hormones running rampant, he decided as she continued glaring as she waited for a reply that had him agreeing with her assessment of the situation. Unfortunately, he couldn’t do that. “Tavvy, I’m sorry but I have Vydoriath to take care of. I need to focus on raising him and understanding our bond while becoming a decent bluerider.” Why couldn’t she understand that? She wanted to Impress a gold and was a Weyrbrat as well; she should have known what it meant to be bonded and tending to the dragonet. Vydoriath came first and almost nothing else mattered to R’vi for the time being.

“And like I said, I’m not really father material. I guess I can help or something sometime, maybe. But down the road. But I doubt I’d be much help.” R’vi wasn’t intimidated by her attitude or temper. He had put up with Indivara’s mood swings that came with punching and getting bruised for far too long to worry about the pretty blonde in any capacity. It was probably why he also held no qualms about getting to his feet, dusting off his bottom, and giving a stretch.

“Vydoriath needs to eat again before we get to bed. Sorry, Tavynia, but we’ll have to talk later if you really want to press the issue.” With that, R’vi dismissed Tavynia from his mind and excused himself from the conversation by walking away with the blue dragonet tailing behind him. Vydoriath’s needs weren’t nearly as strong as they originally were but R’vi could feel the hunger increasing and knew his dragon enough to know that he would be sleepy right after his late feeding. So it was time to go before they ended up simply napping under a tree. Getting away from that conversation and potential reality certainly played a part but he hadn’t been lying about Vydoriath’s importance.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)