World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

You Wanted Company, Right? [Kiamyn]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It was one of those days when S'bel hated Katila. He had them quiet often. He hated many things about it, but today he specifically hated the weather. Maybe an odd complaint, considering that since the hellishness surrounding the landslide, things had actually been rather pleasant here in the South. And you would think that after so long here, the bluerider would have gotten used to it. And he had. But it was just something about the fact that he had been back North for Search that made the man itch to breathe the air up there again. It made him even more discontent than normal and he was impatient for more steps to be taken to return. Not that he would ever voice it. He didn't fancy a lashing any time soon.

The day looked to be a hot one, the sun in the sky and temperature rising to show the approach of Spring. It wasn't even the peak of the afternoon yet, but S'bel still grumbled internally about the heat. And thus why he headed for the edge of the forest to seek out some shade. He supposed he could have just gone to the lake, but it seemed such a bother. Ipsyth didn't need a bath anyway. The blue was currently sunning himself, though rambled on in the back of S'bel's mind as the rider walked as he often did when he felt S'bel was too far away and he got lonely.

There was one more S'bel. he told his rider, sounding mostly calm as usual, though the rider knew him well enough to know there was a hint of perturbation there. The Hatching a week ago now, the blue struggled to remember which of the boys they had brought back on search had impressed. Was it the little one? S'bel shook his head. Yes that one did impress, but you already counted him. So I did! The dragon's response seemed far too happy at that and S'bel sighed. It was the funny-looking one with messy hair. Yes that is right. I like him. I doubt you would have picked him if you didn't.

Though he sighed again, S'bel couldn't deny himself from admitting that it felt good the be a searchrider again sometimes. Mainly those times when he thought of the work and only the work, and not the past that came along with his history of searching. But, damn, he did. And just like that, the man's mood soured again. He picked out a nearby tree he would plop himself under to get out of the sun and stew in his self-inflicted misery. As he neared, he realized someone was already sitting underneath the tree. His tree. He scowled. The man wasn't in the mood to simply go find another. No. Maybe he could take his bad mood out on someone. Not that he would make it obvious- that was no fun.

So S'bel forced a big grin onto his face, strolling up to the tree. He didn't know who was there- nor did he really care. He approached as softly as he could from the opposite side of the tree from whoever was already under it. Sneaking always tended to get fun reactions out of people. And when he reached it, he stretched his arms up to cling playfully to a branch as he let out a quite audible, "Hello! Good afternoon!" as a greeting as he popped around to the side of the tree his unfortunate victim sat on.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kiamyn had spent nearly the entire morning helping riders oil their dragons or weyrfolk build. It had started off at a pleasant temperature but as the day wore on, it rose... and rose. By the time lunch rolled around, Kia just wanted to sleep. She managed to put back a meal but within the hour she was under her favorite shade tree and shutting her eyes. It was nice there, not as hot or repressive as it was outside of the shade.

It didn't take her long before she was asleep. Even that was quiet and undisturbed for once. Darkness beneath her eyelids, no mud or thunder. The hatching seemed to do wonders for morale of most of the people in Katila for the week. She didn't sleep long - a half hour or so - but kept her eyes closed and hummed a bit, the corner of her mouth turned up in what could have been a smile. She was thinking of the hatchlings' antics on the sands.

This heat is worse than the sands though she thought, her mood souring. Kia wiped a hand across her brow to remove the sweat accumulating there and swept her hair back into a bun. How tiresome it was to do nothing, yet the alternative required her to be outside earning a worsening tan or burn. Kia opened her eyes to look at the forest.

"It's only an hour hike," she said, scowling. But no... there were too many people heading for the lake today. Their excited chatter echoed in her head. Kia shook her head then rested it back on the trunk, closing her eyes. The loud outburst behind her was sudden. Not expecting anyone to bother her she jumped in her seat, knocking her head back against the tree. "owww" she groaned. How much are people going to sneak up on me from now on?

"Doesn't seem good to me." Kia looked up at the man, trying to keep the sourness out of her voice. "Can I help you?" How come people kept disturbing her when she was quiet?

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'bel tried to stifle his laughter as the girl he had snuck up on jumped so hard she hit her head on the tree. It was never very proper to laugh when someone hurt themselves, was it? Though S'bel didn't see why. He usually found it hilarious. He got a better look at her now that he was on the right side of the tree to do so, arms still stretched lazily up to hold to a branch. She was young- still just a kid really, even though S'bel didn't look too much older he knew better. She was vaguely familiar, but not overly so, so probably weyrfolk. He would probably recognize her if she had ever stood, but S'bel didn't think she had.

Wonderful, a stranger then! Or at least the bluerider thought so. Really he didn't care enough about other people to always remember those he had talked with at length. And she looked quite sour, didn't she? Maybe S'bel had personally offended her before. No. He definitely would have remembered her then. He kept list of people who had a reason to hate his guts- they could be damaging to reputations after all, and S'bel had appearances to keep up.

He sighed in a contended sort of way, ignoring the girl's differing opinion of the weather. He let go of the tree and walked around in front of it and into the shade. Ah yes. That was so much better. He smiled brightly at the girl as she asked her question. "Can you?" he seemed to seriously consider it for a moment, but a smirk remained on his face. He continued, speaking casually, though confidently, not leaving spaces for the girl near him to object, "I suppose you could share your shade with me, thank you for offering so kindly miss."

And with that, he sat, then lay down on the grass, cool against the heat, smiling the whole while as he stretched out on the ground and got comfortable. He rested his arms behind his head and turned his face toward the girl. "And what, may I ask, has you so convinced it's not a good afternoon? That kind of attitude will get you no where, you know." Yes, she did probably know. And she would probably hate him pointing it, but couldn't really get too angry at him for speaking the truth. Dour people really were too easy to mess with. They brought it all upon themselves. S'bel hardly even had to work at it, which was good, because the bluerider dearly hated hard work, even if he did understand the propensity to irrationally hate everything. He was just smart enough to hide it.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kiamyn hardly managed to keep an exasperated eye roll off of her face when the man sat down before she could answer him. She lay her sore head back on the trunk behind her and sighed, rubbing her temples.

"By all means sit down," she said with a touch of sarcasm. "It's not a good afternoon when it's hotter than the sands outside and you've done nothing but work all day" she replied, resigned and loosing the hostility from her voice, exhausted. She could already feel her muscles tightening in response to the amount of building she did that morning and knew that even if she had gone to the lake, swimming may have been out of the question.

"No one can go far when they're at Katila. Such a quaint little community as we have." Kia opened one questioning eye at the stranger. "And what has you convinced it's such a good day? Being too happy rarely gets one far either." Kia picked up her water mug and inspected it for ants before taking a swig of the warm water. This day was not turning out to be favorable to anything cool.

The man seated under her precious shade was faintly familiar. He's probably a dragon rider she thought. The weyrfolk were always seen as either brats or breeders but rarely looked upon with favor by the riders so they tended to stick together. Kia shifted uncomfortably on the ground, feeling a sliver of sunlight nip at her skin. "If I didn't know any better, i'd say the sun was thread eating at us. I'm Kiamyn, by the way." If he was going to talk to her, he may as well know her name. Kiamyn chuckled inwardly to herself for that thought, feeling as though it sounded like she was more important than she was.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'bel tried to appear at least a little sympathetic as the girl complained about the day's work. Even with his polished insincerity, it was still a bit difficult for him to fake it when he had generally had little pity for those who hadn't had to live through the plague and exile. A girl her age, even if she had been alive for them, wouldn't have been old enough to probably even remember any of it, let alone have to deal with it on her own. He decided to not even touch that comment- trying to come up with a reply would probably just come out with some hint of the biting lack of sympathy he felt.

His eyes lit up at the comment about Katila. "Ah, but don't you know? We're going back North!" S'bel sounded even more enthusiastic than normal. Usually not much could get his truly excited- mildly amused, maybe but not honestly excited- but he had to admit that the prospect of going home was a welcome one. "Surely you've heard that from some gossip monger in the caverns." They couldn't be that ignorant, could they? Surely not all of them. He settled back down into his comfortable lounging, his moment of excitement done with. "As for what makes it a good day? Hm, well, objectively? There was no natural disaster today. You have all limbs, as do I. We have shade. You're not dying of firehead. There's a few things that are generally considered good." He gave the girl a sidelong glance. "Unless you do have firehead. In that case, keep away, it was most decidedly not one the favorite moments of my life." In fact his darkest hour, in all probability, but S'bel dragged that thought back down into the depths of things he absolutely hated about life, but ignored for his own sanity.

He continued talking casually, a lazy smile on his features as he did. "And more subjectively, there are those who would argue that being happy is all that is worth anything in life. The pursuit of happiness- doing what feels good- is all that actually matters in life. A noble pursuit. Though I can see you quite disagree." Really though, S'bel did too. While he did hold a few hedonistic tendencies, he had long ago given up on the idea of ever being truly happy.

S'bel smirked, then let a chuckle escape as Kiamyn introduced herself. From vitriol to introductions so quickly? The bluerider was quite amused at that, but didn't offer any explanation or insight into what he found so funny. Instead he offered up his own name. "S'bel." He let the name stand on it's own for a few moments before he waved a hand and added with very little decorum or care, "-of blue Ipsyth, or whatever." You forgot searchrider. I also left out the part about being a selfish bastard. Mustn't give too much of myself away. I have to retain some mystique before people wizen up and realize they probably should never talk to me. S'bel... A joke, a joke. After all, what was life, but a cruel joke?

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)