World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Lakeside Manners [T'drin]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Kiamyn swam up to the shore, and wiped the water from her eyes. Her hands were beginning to prune in excess and her body was starting to shiver. It was slightly breezy today and chilly for spring, but she was drawn to the lake anyway. A swim seemed like a good way to wash out her troubles and the hour long hike was not terribly far. Well that... and no one is here Kia admitted to herself.

It proved true, too, for when she arrived the beach of the lake was pristine and empty. Kia breathed in a deep sigh then dried herself off and dressed.

"It's so quiet here." The thought brought the shadow of her old self back, feeling slightly lonely and sad, but then she smiled thinking to push it back. "No no... that's good. No one to ask me how i'm doing, or any crackdust thing they come up with to keep me from killing myself. Why, by Faranth's Egg, would I do that?" Kia huffed, her anger spiking up.

She knelt down and picked up a stick drawing doodles in the semi-dirt/semi-mud. It was better this way, quiet, without everyone bothering her. A particularly cold breeze blew across her wet hair and sent shivers down her spine, breaking her concentration. "Shit. I didn't know it was that late." Evening was beginning to glow around the edges of the sky.

PA - First Post!

T'drin
of Bronze Gelabrith

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: Jenn
His movements were swift and efficient. The straps creaked lightly as he buckled and checked and checked again. His weyrling lessons were not forgotten, would probably never be forgotten. The actions had thumped into his brain with such effortlessness by Jayedi that he was certain no other weyrling master could compare or live up to her standards.

I don't know why we have to use straps. We're only going to the lake, the bronze grumbled.

"Because, lump, we're supposed to," he replied easily and grimaced as his broken hand got in the way once again. It ached with a dull roar now and he couldn't wait to get the binding off. To keep his mind off the hand, he thought about the upcoming hatching. A gold was in this clutch and he wondered who she would impress to. The pickings, in his opinion, were slim some of the best already chosen and he hoped the little gold would chose wisely. He tightened another strap, adjusted the fit here and there, gritting his teeth when he jammed a finger against Gelabrith's side.

They make me itch, Gelabrith whined.

"Bronzes don't whine, Gel. Bronzes are made of sterner stuff. If you itch maybe it's time for an oil," T'drin told him with a chuckle as he scratched the bronze hide. The bronze gave an appreciative hum, Perhaps. Gripping the strap lightly in one hand, T'drin gave a hop and using the forearm offered, swung easily into place between the neck ridges. That had taken practice, settling himself in the proper place. Practice and several foolish mistakes. Gelabrith rumbled with amusement at the memory playing through T'drin's mind and lifted off clumsily from the ground.

It took them far less time to reach the lake shore now that the weyr had been shifted closer and his wings weren't even a bit sore by the time Gelabrith landed far enough away from the shore not to disturb anything or anyone. I do believe there's someone here, he told T'drin. "Someone crazy," he replied, "Crazy enough to swim when it's not even warm enough to think about it."

He walked closer to the shore where a dark haired girl was muttering to herself as she drew in the sand. He was quiet and the girl didn't hear him - and he was thankful for that - as he moved just a bit closer. Leaning against a tree and crossing his arms across his chest awkwardly, he said, "You know… They say talking to yourself is the very first sign of insanity." 

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The voice behind her seemed to come out of nowhere. Kiamyn jumped at the sound of it, lost her balance, and like a hatchling plopped ungracefully on the ground  with an "oomph." Had she been watching this happen to another, Kiamyn would have laughed for once. Unfortunately it was her own self nursing a bruised ego and bottom and she sent a scowl of annoyance over her shoulder as she stood and dusted herself off.

"If that's the case," she began as a retort, "then i've been insane since childhood." Satisfied that she got as much dirt off of her as was possible, Kiamyn kicked sand over her horrible doodle before looking up at the rider. "But not as insane as a rider." It was a bit of a let down for Kia to be seen now. Her whole point of going to the lake was to be alone. Kia looked around to see if anyone else was around just to see the man's dragon.

It's like a person can't get a breath of fresh air without a dragon breathing down her back. The thought was instantly regrettable, however, with the sudden surge of memories it brought. She planned to stand after her child was born but that all washed away in one night. Her scowl deepened.

"How long were you standing there?" She asked, debating whether it was worth it to walk back to her stuff and make a dinner or to walk back to the weyr. She did bring a few things for food, but the day was drawing to a close rather swiftly and she doubted she could make it there before dinner was over.

Kia chewed her lip in deep thought. What to do...

PA - First Post!

T'drin
of Bronze Gelabrith

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"Obviously," he smirked at her retort before his back stiffened at her scathing remark of dragonriders. He didn't chose to be a dragonrider, far from it. B'jin had tricked him, had played his curiosity and thirst for knowledge against him and he'd ended up here in Katila. He couldn't wait until they went north again. Couldn't wait to see his family, old friends, old masters. But for now, he was a dragonrider and nothing could change that. Gelabrith shifted uncomfortably behind him and T'drin had a moments regret for his thoughts. He didn't blame Gelabrith for any of it and he'd show that bronze that he hadn't chosen wrong.

"It takes a better kind of person to do the things that we do," he sneered, "Certainly not a spoiled, possibly insane child." His words were angry, cruel and he didn't care. He might not claim a good percentage of the rider population in Katila as his friends but to insult them was to insult him. He stood straighter, did he know this girl? He couldn't place a name with her face and didn't feel bad about it.

"Long enough," he said as he took in her scowl. Couldn't she at least pretend to be happy? The day had been nice, sunny for a change and the lake was perfection. He'd been intrigued at first, curious as to who would be nutty enough to actually swim before it was hot enough for it but now that he'd gotten a taste of her rotten attitude, he kind of wish he'd gone farther down. "Do I know you?" he asked, "Are you related to one of the riders? You obviously don't have a dragon yourself or I'd know you, so you must be a rider's 'brat."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Her thoughts firmly placed on her growling stomach, Kiamyn almost missed T'drin's scathing retorts. Her mouth twitched in annoyance.

"Yeah. I'm spoiled," spoiled people are those without anyone. She turned on her heal towards her pack not even bothering to hide how pissed off and sad she was. "K'ran of Grykith was my father. Z'lud of blue Urath is my brother." She figured it was better to answer his question than reply with another stupid remark about something she'd later regret.

At her pack, Kia knelt down to start a fire. She wasn't going to get back in time for dinner. "I have food," she said. It wasn't exactly an invitation. She gave him information and let him make with it what he would. She may have believed she wanted to be alone, felt like the presence of another person caused her immeasurable grief, but already a weight was lifted slightly off her shoulders.

Kia brought out a small pan and laid it over the fire before unwrapping some meat to grill. It was going to be a simple meal, only a few spices to season and some greens to wrap it with, but it'd be filling and she had brought more than enough.

True to her character, Kia forgot a knife to pick the meat off the pan and burned herself slightly trying to flip it. Kia cursed to herself and nursed her sore fingers. I need a knife. She looked over at the nosy rider and sighed. "Do you have a knife I can use?" she asked, slightly miffed that she needed help.

PA - First Post!

T'drin
of Bronze Gelabrith

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

"Can't say as I know them," he responded as he shifted his feet. The fact that she had said K'ran "was" her father was not lost on T'drin and he could only surmise that she had lost family in the landslide. He didn't know what to say to it, he hadn't lost anyone. He hadn't taken the time to get to know the people in the weyr, those lost and those still living, and what family he had was up north. He took a moment to wonder briefly if his parents or siblings missed him at all. They hadn't given a hint of doing so when he had been station in Southern Boll but after so long without word from him.. A man could hope, couldn't he? I'm certain they miss you, T'drin, Gelabrith murmured quietly to him and T'drin shrugged with his feigned indifference.

He was tossed from his thoughts when the smart mouthed girl started to move. What the hell was she doing now? His curiosity was piqued as he watched her move about, removing things from her natty little pack and starting a fire. His brow rose when she removed a small skillet from said pack. Was she cooking? Confusion etched across his face when sure enough, she tossed some meat into the hot pan and the sound of it sizzling reached his ears. He couldn't figure out why she didn't just ask for a ride back to the weyr for something to eat. He and Gelabrith wouldn't have minded if she was hungry enough. "So you do," he said as he shook his head, "I'm sure there's better food and better cooked food, at the weyr. I don't see the reason to cook it yourself in the middle of no where."

His brow quirked when she asked after a knife. "As it so happens… I do. But.. I ain't gonna let you use it unless you ask nicely. " he answered. Had her tone been differently he might have let her use it without question but he got some perverse pleasure out of watching her flounder with the meat. Why not just let her use it anyway? Because, Gel. She looks pissed for having to ask, I wouldn't want to disappoint her. Besides, children need to learn manners. he said to the bronze with a mental chuckle. Would serve her right for being such an ass to him for no reason.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Jenn

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)