World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.08.01 | Shattered [Solo]

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
“Move, Ayyonth.” R’nd’s voice was low and almost too calm to actually be considered calm. He was serious with a deadly anger lingering around him as he stared down his dragon that wouldn’t move out of his way.

Like everyone else, the screeching of dragons and humans alike woke R’nd into confusion and chaos. He had no idea what was going on, only knowing he had to get dressed and find B’jin once word spread the Weyrling Barracks was hit and collapsing. Ayyonth had refused to give him a ride, his own need to protect his human outweighing his usual tendency to lead and assist others. So R’nd had ran through the Weyr from where his hut still stood safely on the edge of the forest furthest from the mountain and turmoil. By the time he had reached the disaster zone, his hair was matted to his face from the rain and clothes splattered with mud from his running, sliding, and tripping.

Now he had a dragon that refused to get out of his way so he could assist his lover and all the young Weyrlings that had Impressed and been so happy and carefree a day ago. It’s not safe! The rest of the building will collapse any moment, R’nd!

“That’s why I need to get in there!” R’nd brushed his hair from his face and continued to glare at Ayyonth. Why didn’t the blue understand? He was always saying they should stand up for what they believe in and help where they could. They had even led some of their Weyrling classes because the others respected and trusted them. What was so different now? I don’t want to lose you. It’s too dangerous.

R’nd understood the sentiment; he didn’t want to lose Ayyonth either but he also didn’t want to lose B’jin and that was exactly why he had to get in there. “Try and stop me, Ayyonth.” Again the cold voice came out as R’nd finally made a run for what was left of the entrance, moving past Ayyonth as he shrieked in terror. The sound sent a chill down R’nd’s back but he didn’t stop. He had to get inside and find B’jin and the others.

R’nd! They’re… they’re gone. The sorrow in Ayyonth’s words made R’nd stop, halfway through the door, to look back at the dragon with distress swirling in his eyes.

“What do you mean, they’re gone?” Panic started to rise within the bluerider as he climbed back out of the building, stumbling towards Ayyonth. “What do you mean, Ayyonth? Tell me!” Breaths came shorter and more quickly as R’nd started to hyperventilate over what he assumed was meant. They were gone. Gone. Ayyonth couldn’t sense them anymore? Had they both died or only B’jin and Larrikith took them between?

“No…” R’nd fell to the ground, tears streaming down his cheeks as unfocused eyes looked frantically at the ruin before him. Why hadn’t he insisted more on B’jin staying with him? Why hadn’t he gone back to B’jin’s tiny room? If he had been with the greenrider, surely they would have found a way out together, safe and sound. Why had he been so slow to respond to the emergency? “No!” It wasn’t possible! B’jin wouldn’t leave him!

Yes, he would. He didn’t have a choice. Anyone R’nd loved was taken away and it was always at his hands. He had left his family behind in the belief he would help the dragons and he never saw his beloved sister again and now he had failed B’jin and left the wonderful man to vanish under rock and mud.

R’nd? Ayyonth nuzzled his human’s shoulder, trying to comfort him, but suddenly stopped to sit up and cock his head to the side, listening. It was faint but he felt Larrikith again. It was hard to hear even R’nd through all of the commotion of panic and death but Larrikith was sensed once more and further away, where it was safer. They live, R’nd! They got out, maybe with some of the babies but they’re not here. We need to move as well. Get up, R’nd!

R’nd stared up blankly at Ayyonth as the dragon announced the possibility of B’jin being alive. How did he know they both lived? B’jin’s skull was thick and Ayyonth had mentioned several times in the past that it could be a challenge to talk to the greenrider. Maybe he sensed Larrikith but B’jin was no more? A sob caught in his throat at that idea and R’nd wondered if the choking he suddenly got caught up in would make him retch. No, B’jin had to be fine since Larrikith was alive. It didn’t work that way. The other way was possible and that really did make R’nd sick to the stomach and he was emptying his stomach’s content onto the mud. B’jin may claim he hated Larrikith but he wouldn’t be able to stand not having her around and R’nd never wanted to have to see that day come.

“Take me to them, Ayyonth. Please.” R’nd staggered to his feet after wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. He gave his dragon a hug as an apology for their fight and for comfort. He was so out of sorts and didn’t know what to think or do. He had to find B’jin first and then he’d focus on finding Kerrin, I’shan, and helping where he could. Kerrin lives; Ajaaskath has reached out for me already. I’m not sure about I’shan and Ilveriath yet. R’nd nodded, not trusting to speak again just yet with so many emotions running wild and mounted Ayyonth with what felt like extremely weak and shaky steps.

“Find my gorgeous greenrider, Ayyonth. Find our mates.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)