World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Of Bath’s and Breakfast [T'ryn]

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
N'mor of Bronze Rhezalth

Indamor – no, N’mor – had woken up fairly early, surprised to find that his dragonet was very much asleep. That, too, had taken a moment to ensure wasn’t actually a dream. Wide, puzzled eyes had looked around the room that wasn’t his, before landing on the fat bronze lump curled up with him on the floor. His blanket had been thrown around him at one point, and he could tell by the way his shoes were paired up by the door that his father had done rounds before going to bed himself.

Soulful eyes turned back to the dragonet, and N’mor swelled with pride as he reached out to gently stroke the dragonet’s belly, which was softly rising and falling with each breath eh took. He was such a lovely, uniform bronze colour! Well… except for the most bizarre lime green marking on his nose and headknobs. The boy wasn’t quite sure what to make of that aspect of his dragon, but he was sure it would vanish when Rhezalth matured; his father said the dragonets moulted and got new hides and he hadn’t seen any that looked the same as adults as they had during their Weyrlinghood.

I like my nose.
Indamor startled slightly, then laughed softly. “I like it too, I guess. Are you – you are!” Surprised eyes widened dramatically at the sudden overwhelming desire for food and he struggled to his feet before pulling his boots on while Rhezalth snuffled around the room. Indamor rolled his eyes slightly with a fond smile when he realised the dragonet was honestly looking for food. “There isn’t anything in here. C’mon, I know where we can get you fed.”
Yay!
Indamor raised an eyebrow slightly, shook his head, and lead his dragonet out of the barracks, whispering harshly as he emphasised the need to be quiet when passing the other rooms – especially that of B’jin.

Rhezalth paused, squinting, as the door was opened, before giving his tail a flick and trotting outside. Why must we be so silent? The bronze looked up at Indamor as they walked. Will something happen?
“Not if we’re quiet! Dad doesn’t like to be woken up early, so it’s best not to risk it!”
Is that not the man we were trying not to wake, though?
“Yes. Better safe than sorry. C’mon, Telrynd – or whatever – is over there.”
Nudging Rhezalth across a little, N’mor waved a greeting to his dad (who was more occupied looking over someone else’s dragonet) and made sure the pair of them arrived where Telrynd was feeding his bronze.

“Man we rule.”
What are we ruling?
Indamor laughed.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
While he was used to rising early to help his mom in the crèche, T’ryn couldn’t really say he was fully awake right then and it was nearly noon. Being woken at an odd hour for the Hatching, managing to Impress on his first try and almost from the beginning, and then dealing with the tiny bronze’s hunger and sleeping habits which included snoring and rolling around didn’t make for a peaceful rest. T’ryn could have gone for a few hours more of sleep. He’d make due, though, and how could he not when he had an amazing dragon to call his own?

We will sleep again soon. That man fluttering around like a fool over there will understand. He will have to cope if he does not. Syrendryth’s voice still startled T’ryn thanks to its odd register. He knew the dragon with the bright almost orange hide was a bronze but there were times he wondered if he had broken all rules and laws of the universe and Impressed a gold. That voice was so tricky! “I think he’ll understand. He’s in charge of our well-being after all – and there’s Indamor.”

T’ryn waved to his friend as Indamor approached, smiling as the bronze followed along. He was amazed by how amazing they did and was glad they Impressed together. His laughter joined Indamor’s, spurred on by both his friend’s comment and the dragonet’s question. “We so do! And we rule everything!” He laughed a little again, since he wasn’t sure if that was a clear answer for the dragonet. It’d have to do!

Syrendryth studied the pair that approached them, having stopped eating long enough to sit primly and stick his nose in the air as he did so. The human was special to T’ryn so he was deemed worthy of his attention; for now. His bronze brother was eyed a bit more as Syrendryth tried to figure out if the dragonet was stupid or still half asleep like T’ryn seemed to be. He’d have to wait to solve that puzzle. Introductions?

“Oh, sorry,” T’ryn grinned at the dragonet and patted him on the head. “This is Syrendryth. He threatened to call me T’nd but went with T’ryn.” A look was given to Indamor as he mentioned the name that sounded so much like R’nd’s, knowing his friend would pick up on the significance of it all and the relief of not getting that name. He wanted to know his father better and to be known by R’nd but that wasn’t the way to do it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

Oh, the little dragonet responded in kind to the answer Telrynd had given to his question. He considered this fact for several moments, before nodding his head slightly in acceptance. It certainly seemed a perfectly acceptable course of action, and they were, of course, perfectly suited to ruling everything. N’mor’s mind told him as much!

Both boy and dragon turned their full attention to first Syrendryth, then to Telrynd as he took the chance to introduce himself and his dragon. At the name he had been almost given, N’mor’s eyebrows arched upward slightly and he gave the dragonet a sceptical look. He was glad to hear that his friend had gotten a better name, though! He nodded slightly.

“At least your dragon has sense,” Indamor drawled in response, with a droll look at Rhezalth, who looked anything but amused. “This is Rhezalth, and he decided to call me N’mor.” There was lingering disgust as the boy spoke the name and Rhezalth glared at him before primly burying his nose in the bucket of meat he was presented with. He liked the name, and the reasons N’mor had issue with it were silly; it didn’t sound anything at all like the man that lingered in the back of his young lifemate’s mind.

Besides; We outclass him, we outrank him, and we can always hurt him back later. The casual way the dragonet spoke belied the emotions N’mor could feel in himself, but somehow knew came from the young bronze. The boy’s mouth was slightly ajar as he stared down at the creature, wondering if there was any way at all to respond to a comment such as that. He was really glad his dad was preoccupied!

A sideways glance at T’ryn was given, and N’mor puffed out an irritable breath and shrugged. While he figured his friend would figure that Rhezalth was speaking of N’mall, whom N’mor felt his new name was far too close to, he doubted anyone but his father, Amorandii and the brownrider in question were aware of the exact details to the breakup that had occurred so many turns ago.

Even if that breakup had led to B’jin’s bed being occupied by R’nd. Stupid blueriders; why was it always blueriders? We outrank them, too. A pause. When I’m bigger, I can stomp on them. Indamor’s features twisted up in comical and dramatic bewilderment as he just gawked at his dragonet.

“We can’t just stomp on everyone we dislike, Rhezalth,” N’mor deadpanned, looking flatly at the back of the dragonet’s head as he munched on his meat. A few moments later, Rhezalth lifted his head up, and eyed N’mor through one slowly swirling and critical eye.

We can, actually. He stated simply, and returned to his meal.

Indamor shrugged; so long as he could keep Rhezalth from actually following through on the desire to crush all the little people, he should be fine.

“You should probably keep such opinions to yourself,” he added drolly, settling down on the grass with his bucket in his lap. Who’d have thought he’s Impress a blood thirsty bronze? Then again, Larrikith was a raging bitch (just too small to really act on it), so perhaps he had gone and followed his father’s example after all.

Hopefully he’d have better control over Rhezalth than B’jin had over Larrikith!

Greens are useless.

“Opinionated, aren’t we?”

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn didn’t say anything when his friend’s new name was given. He eyed up first the dragon, questioning why that name would be given, and then N’mor to see how he was handling it. There would have been enough time since Impressing to get over any dislike of the name and to find a way to accept it, especially since it was N’mor in question, but T’ryn was convinced it would still be a rough ride for a little while for his friend to fully accept the name. Then again, what else would he be called? I’mor? I’or? That one sounded like a name given to the beloved family donkey. He gave a little grin at the thought and was suddenly glad he had an amazing name and Syrendryth decided not to be cruel to him with T’nd.

Despite only hearing half of the conversation thanks to the dragonets having horrible volume control, T’ryn tried to keep up and even chuckled at what sounded like Rhezalth wanting to squish everyone that bothered them. That was certainly one way to solve problems! A bit messy though, Syrendryth countered as he looked up from his bucket of meat he had gone back to after introductions, looking a bit messy himself. T’ryn pointed to his mouth which had the bronze hatchling cocking his head to the side, wondering what that meant, but finally a tongue darted out and Syrendryth started cleaning up after his rambunctious eating.

“Here’s another opinion for you. We’re both clever, Impressed interesting bronze dragons, and we’re destined to lead. We’re going to make names for ourselves and no one will ever remember the men our names may resemble.” In truth, N’mor wasn’t that close to N’mall and most of the population would never make any sort of connection or have pity for the young bronzerider.

“And greens have their uses or else they wouldn’t exist.” While he was still a bit too young to fully appreciate all of their uses, T’ryn knew enough from lessons about dragons and from watching wing practices to know the little dragons served a few purposes and that even the biggest of bronze dragons would miss the greens if they were gone.

“Are you finished? I can start oiling your hide if you are.” He turned to Syrendryth again, examining the bucket in the process and then glanced back to N’mor. “He’s a bit too good at making sure I know when and where he has an itch. I’m already dreaming up ways of rigging a little bucket shower for him or maybe a small pool of oil and he can dive in and out of when needed.” A grin accompanied his crazy ideas as he spoke. While they would be fun to try to create and watch the dragon use, T’ryn really didn’t mind maintaining the pretty hide – so far. Was Syrendryth going to end up Hoth-sized or Ronarth-sized?

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

I’m not opinionated, the little bronze was clearly frowning as he peered up at N’mor. I’m right. He eyed Syrendryth for a moment and gave a physical shrug, shuffling his wings and sticking his nose in the air. I never claimed I’d clean it up, he pointed out regally. Just because he wanted to squish, the fools did not mean he was going to mop up the mess afterwards. They could mop up their own squished mess; if they had not been so useless to start with, then they would not have required squishing, which wouldn’t have left a mess!

A slightly disdainful look was given to T’ryn. I did not say they did not. I said they were useless, not that they didn’t have uses. N’mor’s eyebrows arched up and he shook his head, partly to himself and partly to T’ryn, deciding not to bother trying to work that one out; his dragon was clearly full of very strong opinions and he just as clearly didn’t have the wisdom to voice them in a way that made any sense. Peering past his dragonet’s nose, N’mor decided the bucket was about as empty and clean as it was going to get and he set it aside. Rhezalth settled himself down on his haunches and set about cleaning himself while N’mor turned to eye T’ryn.

After a moment, he shook his head with a grin. “Very dignifying,” he teased, trying hard not to picture Rhezalth stumbling around in some strange contraption. He could already tell the young bronze would take deep offense to that. Then again, maybe he would surprise him and find it amusing? N’mor wasn’t quite sure it was worth the risk, not so early in their bond, at least! Still actively trying not to picture that, or Rhezalth wallowing in a shallow pool of oil, N’mor strode with determination to where the oil and cloths were, and then came half-jogging back, tossing a cloth at T’ryn and flicking Rhezalth across the rump with the corner of his own. The dragonet gave him a droll look that made N’mor smirk.

Unintentionally following T’ryn’s train of thought, N’mor instructed Rhezalth to stand up and extend his wings so he could start by oiling his back. “As glorifying as having a huge dragon must be, I think greenriders have the best deal.” He grinned as he literally poured half the bucket of oil over Rhezalth’s back, letting it slide down his back to pool against his wing membranes; the dragonet gave an inelegant squeal at the cool touch. “I much prefer scrubbing down Larrikith or Grith compared to slaving over, say, Ronarth.” He grinned. That was one heady size difference! “Probably why the other colour’s don’t let their dragons get painted by the ‘brats!” That, and N’mor knew many of both riders and dragons considered themselves above such antics.

“I reckon Rhezalth would look pretty spunky with pink polkadots, don’t you?” The weyrling smirked wickedly at the dragonet’s horrified look: clearly N’mor had made no effort to hide that particular image!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn laughed at the image that he conjured up with their dragonets covered in colourful patterns. Syrendryth clearly didn’t think much of the idea either but he held all comments about it to himself though T’ryn could feel the unspoken opinion bleeding through the bond and it only made him laugh more. He batted playfully at his dragon’s nose and went back to rubbing down the soft hide with oil. “I think he’d look great with polka dots. Syrendryth, however, is pretty colourful on his own right now!” The hide that was increasingly becoming coated with oil was more or less a bright orange. As he drifted off to sleep earlier and yet again now, T’ryn wondered exactly what his dragon’s hide would look like once he was an adult. Would it keep the same intensity? Would it tone down? Would it have a cool pattern like Zeianth or a little beauty mark like Veeth? That was definitely something he wasn’t sure he could patiently wait to see.

He fell into silence as he moved from spot to spot on his dragon’s body, making sure he didn’t miss even a spec. No way was he going to mess this up! He had Impressed on his first attempt at Standing and bonded to a wonderful bronze. The very least he could do besides showing how worthy he was of such a dragon was to make sure Syrendryth was well taken care of. There was so much to remember and do though! All of the lessons and what he had learned in his own time were swimming around in his head and T’ryn hoped he could keep it all straight. He liked strategies and puzzles and bonding to a dragon was definitely a new puzzle to solve and would take multiple adjustments before everything became natural and normal but even with all of the overload right then, T’ryn was still confident they could find their way. After all, not only did he have dreams of being in a wing one day but he wanted to lead a wing and he wouldn’t be able to do that if he couldn’t even sort out how to bathe and oil his dragon.

Without realising he was doing it, his gaze drifted from his fellow classmates to see how they were doing to the general area. It had become a habit he hated but couldn’t stop. Would R’nd show up to help that day? Would the idiot bluerider piece together their resemblance and how he used to have a thing with T’ryn’s mother? Likely not. His obliviousness was as frustrating as his mom telling him not to approach R’nd about it yet. Suddenly annoyed with everything, T’ryn forced his attention away from that subject.

“What do you think B’jin has planned for us today?” T’ryn glanced over at his friend to see how he was doing and noticed they were both close to finishing the task at hand. The dragonets were fed and oiled, two of the most important things to keep on top of in the early days besides sleep. He really had no idea what else would be seen to for the first little while. B’jin had done a quick inspection of Syrendryth when they joined the group earlier but no word on the day’s plans had been given. Maybe this was all there was. Feed the dragon, don’t let the dragon choke, bathe the dragon if needed, oil the dragon constantly, and sleep when you could.

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

“He is,” N’mor spoke mildly as he turned his gaze from Rhezalth to look at the molten form of Syrendryth. Very gold and orange-esque, that one, vastly at odds to Rhezalth’s greeny bronze colour… Never mind the shocking green of his nose and headknobs! What was going on with that? Neither boy nor dragon made any comment about the unseemly green contrasting of Rhezalth’s features, and N’mor shrugged it off. Twelve months, more or less, and his dragonet would shed the awful colour and reveal his new hide. The only worry there, of course, was that he would be even greener! Not likely, he put in with a snide air to his tone, and tossed his head. N’mor smiled slightly.

As T’ryn set to work on his dragon, so too did N’mor, working diligently over Rhezalth’s hide in much the same manner. He was not interested in his young dragon coming out of his growth looking much like Larrikith, with the lack of love and care being given and blatantly there for the entire world to see if they took a moment to have a look. It really was disgraceful, and as much as N’mor absolutely adored Larrikith – she was the very reason he wanted to be a dragonrider, and he was sure his time with her growing up would assist with his being a great student during his Weyrlinghood – but he did not want his bronze to have a mangled hide like her!

Lifting his attention from Rhezalth’s hide, with a last swipe of the dragonet’s nose, N’mor raised his eyebrows at T’ryn and then glanced towards his father with a one-shouldered shrug. “Dunno, nothing exciting, likely.” It would be difficult to do anything worth an ounce of interest until the dragonets were old enough to stop being a buzz kill; eat-sleep-bathe-eat again was going to be a way of life for far too long! “Lots of eating and sleeping, probably.” The droll tone of his voice was ended with a snort, when he nodded towards the greenrider, who was indeed ushering weyrlings off to bed, or shady out of the way locations where they could snooze until the next demand for food and oil.

“At least we don’t have to go to bed.” He was not a child! Mandatory naptime was insulting; snoozing under one of the nice trees, however, well, that was an agreeable enough idea! Rhezalth gave a rumble of agreement, and turned his gaze to one that he found appealing. That one, he stated, and headed off smartly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
@Honey Love @Insulting Truths

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)