World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Grumbling Greenie [Zelina]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
When  C’dre had woken up at the beginning of the week, it had been raining.

When he’d taken Hamith hunting, it had been raining. When he’d joined a foraging party, it had been raining. When he dragged himself reluctantly out of bed early in the morning, it was raining, and when he’d settled into his humidity-dampened furs at night, he was lulled to sleep by the sound of, you guessed it, rain.

So he knew, of course, that at the end of the week, when he could no longer put off bathing and oiling his increasingly irritable dragon, that Pern itself was going to do him a huge favor and reward his optimism with a gorgeous, warm, sunshiny day.

Ha ha. No.

… though, C’dre was forced to admit to himself as he mentally prodded Hamith awake, they were halfway there.  It wasn’t actively raining this morning. The sky was a sullen, leaden grey, the clouds roiling and pregnant with moisture, but for the immediate moment it seemed to be staying above them.  They weren’t the only ones taking advantage of the temporary relief, either- all around them, C’dre could see other riders loading their dragons up with sweetsand and skins of oil. Hell, from where he was standing, it almost looked like half the Weyr was on their way to the lake shore.

It’s cold and it’s wet, Hamith snapped, curling tighter under her own wings.

“It’s beautiful,” C’dre corrected cheerfully. “Nicest day this week.”

It’s warmer between.

“Stop being such a baby. It’s a lovely day for a bath.”

Hamith snorted in blatant contempt of that suggestion. It’s been raining all week. I don’t need a bath.

“You’re getting one, anyway,” C’dre chuckled. “Come one now. There’s an oiling in it for you when we’re done.”

It took more than an hour of prodding, cajoling, and outright pleading, but C’dre eventually got the reluctant green down to the lakeshore.

Getting her into the water, on the other hand, was going to be more than a little bit of a challenge.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Zelina had been allowed to go play since the rain had finally let up, and she was beginning to have too much energy for her parents to constrain, much to the delight of the young girl and the young firelizard she had bonded. Amy wasn't hungry for a change, and she wasn't sleeping either. It seemed that the energy Zelina had was flowing through the little flit. Amy was riding on Zelina's head chattering away and flapping her wings as if she were flying, though she wasn't. Zelina was constantly giggling at her, though the antics she was doing meant that the little flit would be attempting to fly short distances soon. 

Seeing that many other people were taking advantage of the day, Zelina knew that asking to help cook would be out of the question. Her parent's dragons were both asleep, so she couldn't go play with them either. She was feeling brave today, perhaps because she had been cooped up indoors for far too long, or perhaps because she was in a good mood. Either way, she headed to the lake, looking for someone who she might talk to or perhaps help do chores. She didn't exactly expect to find a large man trying to coax a pretty green into the waters.

Amy chirped happily to the green, and then promptly hid in Zelina's shirt when she noticed the large man, and Zelina giggled when she felt the flit actually shiver in fear. She petted the little green and sent camling thoughts to her, and soon she had poked her little head out to reassess the man.

Zelina waved and said, "Hi" to the green, quite use to her mother's green, then smiled to the man and said, "Hello, I'm Zelina and this is Amy." then she added, "She's really pretty. Can I pet her?"

Yes, Zelina was feeling brave today. She wouldn't normally ask if she might touch a dragon she didn't know, but she really thought this one was pretty, and she seemed so distressed about getting a bath. All the dragons she knew loved baths, and so she couldn't help but to want to comfort her and let her know that it would make her feel better. That and Zelina loved bathing dragons, and wanted to help. Not that she was quite brave enough to ask that just yet.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

No.

“Go on, now, get in.”

No.

“You’ll feel a lot better when you’re nice and clean.”

No.

“We can go out for a nice flight when we’re done. Stretch your wings a bit.”

No.

C’dre sighed, glowering at the dragon who was now crouched like a stalking feline on the damp sands of the lake shore. “All the other dragons are enjoying it,” he pointed out truthfully, indicating the busy lake with an expansive sweep of his arm. “The water’s not even cold. It’s refreshing.”

No.

“It’ll be raining again in no time and you’ll be sorry that you passed it up.”

No.

There was a damp, dull ‘thwap’ as C’dre smacked the green’s side with the long-handled bathing brush. “You’re being a real wherry about this, m’girl,” he complained to her irritably. “Keep it up and I’ll get one of those big bronzes over there to drag your bony arse into the water!”

Small person.

The greenrider barked out a note of surprised laughter. “What kind of insult is that? I’m no small person, and you know it, and besides… oh, hello,” he said with a blink, looking down at the girl who had approached them.  He wasn’t sure he recognized her, but that wasn’t a shock. It seemed like there were more young brats underfoot with every passing turn, which was all well and proper. This one was approaching candidate age, unless he were greatly mistaken. Might explain her interest in Hamith, though it would be more proper for her to be off fussing over one of the many young golds that Katila had produced.

An extra pair of hands, though, was never something to be turned down lightly.

“I’m C’dre,” he said by way of introduction, “and this stubborn green sack of bones is Hamith.”

Aware that she was being spoken of, the green peered up from her huddled crouch, eyeing man and child suspiciously. Why does it want to touch me?

C’dre beamed out a broad, mischievous smile as an idea occurred to him. “Of course you can pet her, dear. Get right around to this side.” He pointed out a spot on Hamith’s flank, away from the lake edge. “Give her a good scratching, she won’t mind.”

… what?

“She looooves being touched by strangers.”

No. What are you doing?

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Zelina thought it funny that the rider didn't notice her there right away, and giggled. Amy sensing Zelina's humor came out of her shirt and rested on her shoulder, and began once again to chatter, seemingly at the green dragon, then to Zelina, and then a little chirp at the big man who was now introducing himself as C'dre. Zelina smiled trying to memorize the names with the face of the man and his dragon. She wasn't too great with names. 

It was exciting to be this close to a new dragon, a green was almost as exciting as a blue. Her mother rode a green, and so Zelina had a place in her heart for them, but she had always been a bit of a daddy's girl, and his blue had always intrigued and mystified her. Mainly because he wouldn't talk to her like her mother's green would. Never the less, the fondness of blues was made known to her, and she secretly hoped that she would one day impress one, like that lady, J'di, Jayadee, her name was something like that anyway.

Amy's sudden very shot lived silence brought Zelina back to the present, and she listened as C'dre spoke, and hope filled her eyes even as her smile got brighter. He was going to let her pet Hamith. She about jumped for joy, but settled with bouncing and making a high pitched squeal of excitement.

Zelina smiled happily, but she caught the tone of the C'dre's voice when he spoke of Hamith loving to be pet by strangers that she knew something was up, so he hesitated a bit, then grinned when she say that the postion would have the green jumping into the water to get away, and catching on she moved to pet the pretty green where her rider indicated.  She was half ready to be thrown by the green as she tried to escape being touched by a stranger, and so she flinched a little when she touched her.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

C’dre couldn’t, and didn’t, resist the urge to give the little green firelizard a sharp look. “Keep that little nuisance out of the way,” he advised sternly. “They caused the plague, you know. Little bastards in the South seem healthy enough, but can’t never be too careful.” With a frown, he pointed to a nearby rock. “She can sit there. Don’t want your little pet to get stepped on or somethin’.”

The kid’s excited squeal made the greenrider chuckle. Her enthusiasm was charming, to say the least.  “Alright, lass, just get right around here,” he coaxed, waving Zelina closer. Her hesitation didn’t escape his notice. “Come on, girl, Hamith might not be the sweetest dragon in the Weyr but she don’t bite.”

If it touches me I will bite it’s head off.

“Just reach out and touch her.”

I will drop it between if it touches me.

“You ever pet a dragon, sweetheart? They’re softer than they look.”

I will kill you in your sleep if it touches me.

As Zelina drew closer, Hamith rose off her haunches, her tail lashing briefly like an angry feline’s.  “Don’t be scared of dragons, lass,” C’dre advised when he saw the youth flinch. To demonstrate, he reached out and gave the green’s side a good hard slap. “Ain’t nothin’ you can do that’ll hurt her, and she wouldn’t harm a hair on your pretty little head.”

I will rip it limb from limb and eat it make it stop touching me make it stop!

C’dre couldn’t keep himself from bursting out in laughter when the dragon finally gave up and got to her feet. It was with great dignity (… or, well, utter lack of it) that Hamith scrambled backwards, retreating from the unwanted contact.

And, C’dre noted with no small amount of pride, right into the water.

“See, Hamith, it’s not so bad!” he crowed, shucking his shirt in preparation of joining her. “Hey, girl, wanna give me a hand here?” he asked Zelina with a smirk. “Dragon’s easier to bathe with two’ve us. And the sooner she’s clean, the sooner she’ll stop whining.”

As if in answer to his teasing, Hamith gave a sudden flap of her wings, drenching C’dre and splashing the near shore with a wave of pleasantly cool water.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Zelina was reluctant to place Amy down on the rock, but she did so, and the none too happy Amy squawked but then was suddenly quiet. Zelina didn't know why and wasn't bothered to find out. Amy had spotted something shiny nearby, and was now starring at it completely distracted.

Zelina laughed when Hamith did go into the water, and not minding her clothes followed her into the water right behind C'dre, and squealed when the dragon flung water in their direction. Playfully she spashed Hamith back. Then, she turned to listen to C'dre as he spoke.

"I'd love to help!" She exclaimed, now giddy with joy at her luck. She looked back to Hamith and thoughtfully asked the dragon, "You wouldn't mind would you? I can scrub really good according to Chresaith...." There she trailed off, thinking that perhaps each dragon might like to be scrubbed differently. 

Her demeanor didn't stay sullen for long though as she added, "If I'm not doing it how you like all you have to do is let me know how to do it better."  She smiled a true smile, one that was friendly and happy.  Practically overjoyed at her luck today.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

As C’dre had expected, Hamith’s attitude towards the water took an abrupt turn once she was actually in it. In no time at all, the green was rolling in the shallows, scratching her back in the rough sand and splashing enough to leave her rider as soaked as she was. “I swear,” he scolded her in amusement, “you’d think this was your idea all along.”

What? I like the water. And I itch.

“Not five minutes ago you were doin’ everything you could to stay out of it.”

Was not.

“You big liar. You were-“ C’dre’s protest was cut off as a massive wing-splash left him half-submerged.  “You’re naught but an overgrown watchwher, you know that?” he laughed, scrambling back to his feet before turning his attention back onto Zelina. “I guess after this much rain you don’t mind getting wet?” he teased warmly. “Alright, then. Grab some of that sand and have at it. We’ll have her clean in no time if she stops rolling around like a great ninny.”

I heard that.

“Good!” He was not particularly surprised that Hamith seemed to be completely ignoring the weyrbrat. It was just her nature to do so. Still, so long as the green didn’t start reacting badly to her help,  C’dre sure as hell wasn’t going to protest it. Scooping up some sweetsand and the long-handled brush he’d been swinging earlier, C’dre got to work on Hamith’s back, letting Zelina handle the parts more easily in her reach.

“So you’re used to bathing dragons, huh?” he asked the girl conversationally. “Gonna be bathing your own in no time, if I’m any judge. You look about old enough to start standing clutches.” Well, he amended silently, almost old enough. If she were a lad, they’d probably have her standing already. “There’ll be plenty of little golds on the sands before you even know it,” he stated confidently. “Specially with the way our little weyr’s been breeding ‘em. You mark my words, you’ll be out here with a pretty little queen of your own before this time next Turn.”

He had no reason, of course, to be certain of any such thing, but C’dre didn’t see any point in expressing anything but the upmost confidence to the pretty lass.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Zelina didn't mind that the green didn't answer, and she did as C'dre said, and began to scrub, firmly to clean the green. She smiled and answered his question with bright eyes, "Yes, Mother lets me help her with Chresaith sometimes. It's fun."  She grabbed another handful of sand and continued, grinning.

When he spoke of her impressing by the next turn her eyes got really bright, in her excitement she didn't hear him say gold, and that was probably just as good, for it was a blue she wanted to impress. She knew it wasn't impossible, because she saw a lady who rode a blue more than once, though it was the same lady and same blue. "You really think so?" she asked, her words munched together and higher in pitch in her excitement, her hand had stopped the scrubbing it had been doing as she waited in high anticipation for his answer.

She could see it now, a blue of her own, as regal as a bronze, but so much prettier. Blue was not only her favorite color, but the color that looked best with her complexion, and a blue was likely to fly green with male riders, and female....

Her cheeks blushed bright as she thought about what might happen between her and another female during a flight, even as she waited however short the time was between her question and C'dre's answer. She had to shake her wild imagination's images from her head be physically shaking her head, and she laughed, trying to hide her private embarrassment.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Chresaith. The name didn’t sound immediately familiar to C’dre, and a briefly puzzled frown crossed his face as he pondered Zelina’s words. There were only a scant handful of gold dragons around anymore, and none of them were named Chresaith. That must mean…

“Your momma rides a green?” he asked, unable to keep the incredulity and disapproval out of his tone. “Not to say a word against her, fine woman I’m sure, and it's the dragon's choice besides, but still-that’s no fit job for a lady.” He gave Zelina a gentle smile, hoping to take any sting out of his words. “Riding a green’s no easy task, lass,” he explained kindly. “It’s hard work. Harder’n most women can do.”

I’m a female and I work harder than you.

“And greens rise a hell of a lot, too,” C’dre continued, ignoring the mental interruption. “I’d swear some of ‘em rise extra just to bother their riders,” he added with an eyeroll and a slap to Hamith’s hide. “It’s part of any dragonrider’s life, but it’s not a fun part. And greens fight harder’n golds, too. Makes for brutal mornings.” In all honesty, C’dre had no idea how hard gold dragons did or did not fight, having never had any involvement in a gold flight, but that wasn’t going to stop him from stating his opinion as straight fact. After all, this was only a girl he was speaking to.

“No, darling, you don’t wanna end up like your momma,” he assured Zelina companionably. “And you won’t, either. Give it a turn… or a couple of ‘em,” he amended, mentally reassessing the girl’s age, “and you’ll find yourself with a perfect little gold. Now that is a dragon for a young lady like yourself.”

When Zelina stopped scrubbing, the green under their hands shifted and rumbled in clear disapproval, prompting laughter from the rider.

Make it stop not-touching me!

“I don’t think she’s tellin’ you to stop, lass,” C’dre translated to the youth. “Put your back into it.” When Hamith was back to making soft noises of content, he gave Zelina a firm nod. “Of course I think you’ll Impress. An’ even if you don’t,” he added with a touch more honesty, “you seem like a bright, hard-working lass. There’s always a place in the weyr for girls willing to put in a hard day’s work.”

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)