World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.05.17 | Etiquette Lessons [Ameris]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Being a lady was something that took skill. Social niceties, a sense of style, making polite conversation and knowing when things were okay and not okay...all of these things seemed to come with being a lady. Casa was not a lady by any accounts, but she did realize that these skills were something to at least understand, even if she didn't have them herself. She never planned on being much of a girly girl - it just wasn't who she was - but she knew that navigating the waters of being a candidate meant she'd have to learn. Such was life.

The problem was...she didn't know where to start in the slightest. She had never really been around many "ladies", because she thought them stuck up and spoilt at times, and they found her uncouth and wild, like the boys. She really did want to at least be found acceptable in the company of certain folks, though, so she had to find someone who could teach her something. After thinking about it, there really was one person who stuck out the most: Mizeath.

She wrinkled her nose and scrunched her face, seeing it now - Stand taller, that's an atrocious posture or Why do you have to do it that way? I know best - I'm a lady, that's why! But there was a good chance Ameris would be able to translate some of that into real people talk. She had really been very fond of the weyrling once they'd gotten to know one another a little better. Prowling down the hallways to the candidates barracks, she glumly knocked on the door, waiting for the inevitable dragon commentary to begin.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Ameris
of Gold Mizeath

Date of Birth
15.08.708 ,
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: Jenn
She sighed with something like frustration. She was flopped on her rather plush bed bored out of her skull, her son draped across her body as he napped. Normal weyrling lessons were begining to wane for her and gold rider lessons with Jada were on something of a break considering the other gold was hold up on the sands with her latest clutch and Jada herself was beginning to grow heavy with her pregnancy. And as such Ameris really didn't have much to do. Oh there were chores still for a weyrling to do, but enterprising soul that she was made quick work of her chores.

You are about to have a visitor, my dear. Ameris glanced at the window opposite her bed and chuckled quietly. Mizeath had given herself a little area beneath the window and now peered through the curtains with gently whirling eyes. "Oh?" she quietly said. She wondered who it could be when the knock sounded.

With a gentle and deft twist of her body, Ameris shifted the sleep heavy form of her son until the boy lay along the bed beside her. Rislan turned with a disgruntled mutter and flung an arm out catching her along the side. With a grimace she slid from the bed and shook the wrinkles from her skirts before moving for the door. Another knock sounded as she reached for the handle. Pulling it open she took in the sight of Casa standing outside her door.

The younger girl looked positively gloomy. Had something happened that she was unaware of? Was one of the other weyrlings or one of the candidates hurt? I would have told you if such an event had occured, Ameris Mizeath inserted from her vantage point. "What brings you here Casa?" she asked before moving to the side to admit the girl, "come on in and tell me whats got you so gloomy."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa was unsure if she had been heard after the first, somewhat admittedly soft knock. She raised her had to repeat the sound, but the door opened from beneath her hand, leaving her standing there like an idiot. Blinking, she lowered her hand, following Ameris into the pleasant little hut. The sight of the homely place helped her perk up a little; she offered Ameris a  hug and followed the woman past her son, making a note to speak as softly as she could. There was nothing worse than dealing with cranky tots.

As Ameris inquired as to what was wrong, she screwed up her face and sighed, her nose wrinkling in frustration. "Ameris, I need your help," she murmured, sitting at a seat she'd followed the pretty woman to. Sliding the pack off her back, she clicked softly and opened the top. Knack peeked his little brown head out from the top, offering a gentle, inquiring chirp to Ameris, and more importantly, Mizeath. He wanted to make sure it was okay before he left the comfortable blanket nest he'd snuggled down into as they walked over.

She paused as the brown glanced about, trying to figure out how to phrase what she wanted to say. It was hard, expressing she needed help. Even harder to say she needed it when she didn't want it, but knew it was expected of her. Finally, she just stated it as plainly as she could imagine. "I need to know how to girl." It sounded awkward, and she knew that wouldn't really explain why she'd really come.

"I mean, I know mostly about my parts, and I've a fair understanding of the actual act of sex - that's not what I came here to learn, I'm a smart enough girl - but I don't know how to be a lady. Alright, I don't want to, but it seems like all the dragon riders expect that from potential girl candidates, especially on the chance of a Gold, and...and...I'm bad at being a girl and I don't know the first thing about it!" The words came tumbling out of her mouth and she finally came to an end, glancing uneasily up at Ameris. "I came to you for help, because you are pretty and graceful and smart-" and here her voice dropped to a really low whisper, "And because you've got Mizeath, and she's bossy and a lady." This part she mumbled in a barely audible tone, frowning about at the world in general.

Ameris
of Gold Mizeath

Date of Birth
15.08.708 ,
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Ameris was truly at a loss for words. This sweet little child had come to her, Ameris the once candidate that had wished to be like the boys, to learn how to be a proper lady. The thought of would have been ridiculous had the earnest look not bloomed across the face of the girl in front of her. Casa was asking the impossible. Ameris couldn't teach her how "to girl" as she'd put it. A quiet giggle slipped out. She couldn't help it and before she knew it the giggle had grown into full blown mirth. "I can't teach you how to be a lady, Casa! I can barely manage it on my own," she said as she reached out to touch the girl lightly on the shoulder, "But I've got the next best thing. I've got Mizeath. That gold knows more about being a lady than a dragonet has any right to. Maybe we can get her to help."

The gold - busy body that she was - peered in at the two girls. Her eyes had begun to whirl with excited blues at the question Casa had given her bonded. This was something she could do! She could help Casa become a lady! The gold bounced a little in place before remembering that she could be seen, ladies after all did not show excessive amounts of emotions. I would be delighted to help! she chirped excitedly, including Casa with her words.

Ameris chuckled as she glanced back at the eyes peeping through the curtain, "Well we have our answer! Would you like to start now or later? If we start now we'd have to go somewhere Mizeath can fit. She's getting a touch to big now to fit inside." I can stay out here, Mizeath suggested, We do not have to leave for this. It is a simple matter really.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa offered a crooked grin at Ameris, but her heart fell at first. Maybe she couldn't be taught then. But as the goldrider managed an explanation, relief flooded her system. Oh! She was just like Casa! She hadn't realized that. Then maybe there was no one MORE suited to help her, after all!

Coming inside quietly, she sat down at Ameris' table, glancing between the bright eyes of Mizeath and her friend's more amused expression. "If you couldn't manage it, then maybe you can help me! I'm more like a boy, I do all the things boys do. I'm a boy with a girl body. How do you be a lady when you are essentially a boy?!"

The confusion and dismissal in her voice faded quickly when she shot Mizeath a guilty look, falling quiet. "I'll gladly take whatever advice you can give, Mizeath. Perhaps you can teach me what I need to be more...ladylike...and Ameris can help me to understand what you mean if I get confused. Ameris is like me, but she's had you to coach her!" If Ameris, in all her grace, could learn, then there was a small amount of hope for her after all. "Where do we begin?"

Ameris
of Gold Mizeath

Date of Birth
15.08.708 ,
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Its quite simple really, the gold said in response to Casa's statement, You simply must remember that you are not a boy. It was an obvious thing to Mizeath. Casa was a girl so therefore could not be a boy and should act accordingly. Mizeath was still in the process of teaching Ameris that she was not a boy either. The little gold had a feeling that it would be something she would do for the rest of their days. Her bonded was a stubborn woman and headstrong, but Mizeath was - at the moment - certain that she'd come around.

First, when sitting girls do not flounce into their chairs, Mizeath commented dryly, Girls sit calmly and carefully. Ameris please demonstrate for our little friend. Ameris grinned as she stood, shaking out her skirts and moving forward. The woman gripped the back of a chair and pulled it out, with another grin thrown at the girl she smooth the back of her skirts and sat demurely and quietly.

You see? Very simple, Mizeath exclaimed with a happy rumble, Now you try it Casa!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa glanced up as Ameris demonstrated the dragon's specific instructions, carefully sitting herself down calmly. She watched and pursed her lips. Careful, well thought out...she'd have to learn to think before she sat, and practice every time she went to have a meal or went to study in her rooms. Standing slowly, she pushed her chair in, waiting for a couple seconds.

She then pulled it out slowly, creating just enough space for her body when she sat. As she paused, she went to reach for non-existent skirts, but realized there were none. That made sitting MUCH easier! Sitting down, she went slowly, trying to emulate the gold rider's demure, gentle nature. She was sure it was much gangly limbs and awkward staring at Ameris, but it was an attempt.

"So...do we do that for other people too? The whole chair pulling out thing?" She'd seen men do it, but never a woman. But why couldn't women do it? If it was polite, shouldn't they do it? Already these things had more rules that she was used to having to deal with for things like chores and Hatchings. Chairs shouldn't have rules too...

Ameris
of Gold Mizeath

Date of Birth
15.08.708 ,
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Mizeath chirped with her excitement. Casa may be much easier to train than Ameris was proving! The little gold regarded the young girl with blue tinted eyes, That was wonderful, Casa! I told you it was a simple matter. Her next question confused the dragonet sightly. It was a good question though and she gazed quizzically at her rider. It didn't take the woman long to catch the hint and she chuckled quietly, "It would seem that you have given Mizeath a question she can't answer." It was rather entertaining the fact the gold couldn't answer that particular question and her rough and ready rider could.

"No," she answered, "only men pull out the chair for the women. We wait patiently until they do and then we sit." Ameris felt for the girl, she really did. And she understood what it was like not having a mother around to teach her the things she needed to know. Ameris had spent much of her life learning by trial and error and making observations around the gently bred ladies of the weyr. Not that it had helped all that much.

Now.. How do you walk, Casa? the gold asked of the girl, Do you take huge leaping strides? Mizeath hadn't needed to teach Ameris how to walk properly, the woman had already walked with smooth graceful steps instead of the galloping strides of some of the boys. Ameris glanced at the girl expectantly, waiting for her to demonstrate how she walked.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa frowned when she heard Ameris' reply, beginning to open her mouth to argue the point before snapping it shut again. Ameris probably didn't want to argue the point, but it didn't make much sense to her...why couldn't it go both ways? Did men pull chairs out for other men? There were plenty of men who paired up together, especially with the green flights. Did all men pull out chairs for women then? Or was it for special occasions only...

Shaking her head and shrugging it off, she glanced at Mizeath when she inquired about her ability to walk. She had seen the way some of the ladies of the weyr walked around -little mincing steps that made them sway awkwardly and take forever to get places. She'd also seen how most men walked - like herself. Stomping around or moving heavily but efficiently. She knew she fell squarely into the second group, and she glanced at her feet guiltily.

Standing up, she walked from the table to the door, almost wincing as she could feel both Mizeath and Ameris' eyes boring into her back. She turned around slowly and walked back, clumping the whole way. She made an effort not to be so loud that time, but she knew she was still moving in big, awkward steps. She frowned, glancing from her boots back to Mizeath in partial dismay.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Jenn

This is a necromancy tagging. Please view this topic for more information.

SP Team

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)