World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Geronimo! [O'wain]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Ghalath’s dive lifted Z’jan up, his seat rising up off her neck. He felt the loss of contact, the blast of air from below. Her dark wings tucked so tightly into her sides that Z’jan was reminded of a terran tortoise; as if her wings were actually part of a shell, instead of vital limbs that kept her airborne. The thought brought a silly smile to his face…

He pulled his feet underneath him, his bare toes pressing into Ghalath’s leathery green hide. He still held onto the riding strap with his hands; it was the only thing keeping him physically tethered to his bonded. Down, down, down… Z’jan’s stomach was in the back of his throat… and he loved every second of it. The water from the lake loomed closer… closer.

Ghalath didn’t have to speak. Z’jan knew it was time. With a forceful push, he extended his legs and released the straps, launching himself upwards from Ghalath’s back. Ghalath, for her part, extended one wing and banked hard to the right. Z’jan was left mid-air, arms circling as though treading water in the sky, and with the reflective surface of the lake only 30 feet below him. 2... 1…

Z’jan tucked his arms to his sides and pressed his legs together. 0… his pointed toes collided with the water, sending Z’jan slicing into the depths like a knife. Feet, legs, crotch, chest, head—the icy water consumed him. Silence.

The wild, loud, windy world above disappeared. Water pressed against Z’jan on all sides, forceful and insisting, arresting his descent. He ceased to sink. Bubbles and pockets of air that had pierced into the water with him now hung suspended, stuck between rising and falling. The sweet spot.

And then, like the bubbles, Z’jan felt himself begin to slowly rise. The air in his lungs pulled him upward. He blinked. It was dark, wobbling, murky… he could use make out the reflections of the sun hitting the water. With a strong frog kick, Z’jan pushed against the deep, dense water. Higher, higher… the light ripples grew broader and brighter. His lungs began to ache from the lack of oxygen, but he loved the ache. Just like he loved the slap of the water against his feet stuck it, just as he loved the numbness that settled over his limbs in the cold depth. He’d stay down here forever, if he could…

Well, maybe. The fall had been pretty damn fun. Maybe he’d prefer to be flying forever…

Either way, it was time to come up. His lungs felt scorched; his gag reflex constricted, trying to force him to breathe, even if it meant breathing water. Z’jan kicked again. The surface loomed.
He broke through with a splash, water streaming from his hair and into his eyes. He didn’t mind it. He wipes his hair back with one hand, then began breast-stroking to shore. Ghalath was hovering by the lake’s edge, her talons punching holes in the soft sand.

[ghalath]sooner would have been better. [/ghalath]

Z’jan snuffed water out of his nose and continued the last few stroked into shore. He walked up the shore like a man, but, smiling profusely, casually dropped to his knees  like a canine and crawled the last few steps to Ghalath. Upon reaching her, he slumped and lay belly up in the sand. Despite their strong bond, it always took him a moment to understand what Ghalath meant. “Sure. What was that, 30 feet? Yeah, next time I'll jump sooner." Ghalath rumbled her smile. Her eyes swirled a contented blue-green. But suddenly, an purple tinge of worry: [ghalath] but not too soon...[/ghalath]

Z’jan laughed, reaching blindly behind him to fondly pat a green foot. He spanked the sand a few times before finding his target. “Ok. Not too soon.” The sun was high. The water droplets on his chest began to dry, the moisture from his pants dribbling away. Z’jan dug his bare toes in the sand.

So life was good. 

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain lounged on an outcrop as he watched Nishkath dive after another large fat wherry. The brown was a great hunter, selecting his pray and striking with quick efficiency. A final squawk and the wherry was limp in Nishkath's talons. The dark brown settled back on a ridge, already dark with the blood of several previous kills.

"I hope that's the last one, I am getting quite bored here," O'wain said, yawning to emphasize.

Chasing those greens is thirsty work, they are quite fast and maneuverable, Nishkath said matter of factly, like this should be perfectly clear to O'wain.

"A very valid point, being with the fine ladies and gentlemen as often as I tend to be, I too have to eat good wholesome meals. Speaking of which, think you can save me half a breast of that wherry? I can roast it near the lake while you bathe." O'wain enjoyed cooking a meal once in awhile and fresh wherry was a nice treat, especially if he didn't have to do all the messy part first.

Why should I share?

"Because I asked nicely?

Oh very well. I will leave you a chunk of breast. I just hope you don't mind my spit on it.

"Have I complained about it before?"

O'wain heard Nishkath's snicker in his head and chuckled himself. A few minutes later the darkly marked brown landed next to him a little awkwardly for he held a bloody lump of flesh in one fore claw.

"Perfect, just hang on it for a minute, I will get some broad leaves to wrap it in." O'wain found a broad leafed plant and layered it so he could wrap the chunk of wherry meat up in it. Once he did this he shoved it into a pouch. With an affectionate pat on Nishkath's leg, he climbed up and settled between the neck ridges. "Let's get to the lake, my Dear."

Nishkath responded with a rumble and leap into the air, his powerful wing beats thrust him into the sky with all the eagerness of a randy blue chasing his first green. O'wain loved flying, it was a sensation nothing compared to save that moment of out worldly bliss at the moment of orgasm. With a laugh O'wain enjoyed the feeling of air rushing against his face and through his hair.

Somebody is at the lake, it's Ghalath. She should be rising soon.

"Really? This mean you are going to try to give chase with a full belly?" O'wain loved it when his brown gave chase to greens, loved it even more when Nishkath caught them but after a meal of heavy meat it wouldn't be a good chase at all. Dangerous even.

Not that soon,  a month or two I would guess. O'wain relaxed. He trusted Nishkath's instincts about such things.

"Lets go down and we can get you clean and perhaps Ghalath's rider will enjoy some wherry and company."

I like the idea, perhaps he will help clean me, you always get so distracted and miss spots unless I point them out. Your women are more careful, a shame Ghalath's rider isn't a woman.

O'wain chuckled and directed Nishkath to land not too from the young green. Slapping Nishkath's shoulder, O'wain slid down and strolled away from the dark brown dragon who immediately launched into the air again only to dive into the water.

"Greetings young rider, I hope you don't mind some company...I intend to roast up some wherry, there's plenty to share." O'wain said cheerfully as he approached the green and her rider. "I am O'wain, Nishkath's rider."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan had been debating whether or not to go for another dive off Ghalath's back, or dive into the deep and see how long he could hold his breath. As he debated with himself, the difficult decision began to lull him to sleep. His hand still rested on Ghalath's foot, who sat in the sand next to him, more like a watchful canine than a regal dragon.

Z'jan was drifting off, creeping along the border of sleep, when Ghalath grumbled:[ghalath] company[/ghalath]

Z'jan blinked back to consciousness. He hadn't been sleeping, he's just been... who was that? He eyed the brown dragon as it dove into the lake. [ghalath] Nishkath [/ghalath] she said simply, and Z'jan knew prying her for details wouldn't be the most effective. He peeked backwards at his green. She'd tucked her feet in closer, and dipped her snout unmistakably to her chest. Stumping.

[ghalath] I'm not [/ghalath]
"Yea you are. You're all tight and squashed and not moving."

Ghalath didn't respond. She eyed Nishkath with reservations, but not fear. As though just waiting for him to do something that would offend or disgust her... She's wasn't the most approachable green out there at the best of times, and she tended to prefer the company of herself. And Z'jan, that is.  On the other hand, the idea of someone else in the vicinity woke Z'jan up instantly. What else could be better? Sitting around by yourself... lame. [ghalath] you're not by yourself[/ghalath]

"Don't get all broody teenager on me," he said -- right as O'wain came into view. Had the brownrider heard him? Did it matter? Regardless, he finished the rest in his head: You and I are the same. We can't be a apart. So don't give me this "isn't my company enough?" crap. But Z'jan was smiling as he spoke, and his answer, oddly, seemed to pacify Ghalath. She relaxed a bit from her gargoyle stance.

Z'jan smiled at O'wain, listening, as he slapped the sand off his hands. Company and a meal? Right after a day freefalling into the lake? Could this day get better? When was the last time he'd eaten? This morning? Had he skipped? He'd skipped, hadn't he.
[ghalath]skipped [/ghalath]
Figures.

"Hey! O'wain. I'm Z'jan... Ghalath's boy toy." Ghalath looked sadly down at Z'jan. She'd never liked his humor. Z'jan ignored her and continued: "And I'd love to, you have no idea. I'm starving. And beach roasted wherry sounds pretty damn good right now, I'm not gunna lie."

go play with Nishkath or something
Ghalath didn't even glance at the big brown, she just shut her lids halfway.
[ghalath]I don't play[/ghalath]

Z'jan sighed his 'whatever Ghalath' sigh. Got to his feet, brushing the sand off his ass. "I'm not particularly domestic, or I'd offer to get a fire going. Could give it a shot though?" but his confident shrug-smile didn't inspire a whole lot of... well, confidence. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain had noticed how squished Ghalath appeared and wondered if the dragon was shy. Some were, especially before they were fully grown. Not one to want to upset a dragon, O'wain gave her a small bow, not too elaborate, it wouldn't do to be seen as condescending.

"Greetings to you Ghalath, feel free to join Nishkath," O'wain suggested. "He loves attention, of any sort, the big ham."

I do like attention, especially greens and blues, they are the best to ensure I am meticulously clean, Nishkath cut in, broadcasting to both O'wain and Ghalath.

O'wain chuckled then turn his attention fully on the young greenrider. "Pleased to meet you Z'jan. Lets leave the dragons to get to know each other while we quickly gather some wood. After that, i can handle the domestic parts."

"How was your swim?" O'wain asked, noticing the wet hair and clothing. "Once we get a fire going you could strip down and lay your clothing on the sand to dry. I have no problems with nudity, in fact I think more of us should walk around without clothing. The South is so incredibly hot and humid, clothing really isn't practical."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan motioned dramatically with eyes towards O'wain and has half bow. "See, nice people. Nice dragon. Stop being needy." [ghalath] I'm not needy. I'm me... [/ghalath] Z'jan softened. He'd been making fun of her at her expense, which wasn't an unusual occurence, but it was different when other people around. In private, Ghalath gave as good as she took, and often got the better of Z'jan. But in public she tended to let Z'jan have the last word, and just keep her feelings, and her mouth, shut. She was uncomfortable with social banter, at best.

How could he have impressed a dragon so different from himself? Z'jan reached up and gave her eyeridge a firm scratch, rubbing bits of sand away from the delicate corners. Z'jan wasn't the best at social etiquette, sure, but he'd never ever had a problem being social. Ghalath, on the other hand, understood social etiquette in a way Z'jan had never grasped. But employing it? She'd sooner hunt tunnelsnakes for breakfast than seek out another dragon for a conversation.

"Sounds like a plan. And swim was great. It's so damn hot here, I don't understand why they didn't just build Katila right on the lake shore." You can do whatever you like. Nishkath is a big boy. He doesn't need anything from you. But he'd probably like you better if you didn't just sit there staring at him.

Ghalath shifted, punching her claws in and out of the sand. She turned her swirling eyes on O'wain, then Nishkath. Then back to Z'jan. [ghalath] doesn't need anything from me yet...[/ghalath]

Z'jan quirked an eyebrow. He had no idea what that meant. So he let it drop. Instead he turned to O'wain. The idea of stripping naked surprised him (not many people use it as a social icebreaker) but did not upset or discomfort him. Z'jan was naked a lot. Well, not a lot... but frequently. More than everyone else it seemed. He chuckled at O'wain's suggestion.

"Yeah, but I'll probably jump back in after we eat, rinse off. Easier than a napkin." He grinned "But after that, no promises! Though I you're missing an important part of this 'naked all the time' idea..." he threw a smirk at O'wain. He was already shirtless, but pulling up slightly at the leg of his pants revealed a dominant tan line halfway up his thigh. In a matter of centimeters, the tan skin morphed into exceedingly pale flesh "Heatburns, man! Gotta watch what you leave hanging out." He lifted his eyebrows suggestively. "Not that I speak from experience, or anything..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain raised an eyebrow at Z'jan's comment to his dragon to stop being needy. Greens were so varied in their personalities in his experience, usually to some extreme.

"Nishkath is an attention whore, but he's fine swimming alone if Ghalath rather not frolic with another." O'wain offered, not wanting to put the green ill at ease. O'wain turned towards the green and looked her over briefly, "You are a fine looking green Ghalath and as much as Nishhath and I like to get to know you more, we won't force our company upon you."

Looking over at Z'jan he grinned, "I will just lead your fine rider over there some and we can summon up some wood," O'wain winked at Z'jan at the double meaning.

"I expect the reason Katila wasn't built on the lake shore may be due to flooding during the rainy season." O'wain took a guess. He was sure the area around the lake had risen well to the treeline the last rainy season. "No matter, it gives us a nice cool private place to be during the heat of the day."

O'wain laughed as Z'jan expressed his concern about burning a certain part of his anatomy in the sun. O'wain never had a problem with that the few times he was out in the sun naked. "It is all part of the same skin that covers the rest of your body Z'jan, it will tan if you are prone to tanning.  Besides there's a reason why it's covered in all that hair so unless you are a walking hardon, you aren't likely to even get much sun down there."

Taking off his jerkin and shirt, as O'wain was definitely warm by this time, he tossed the clothing aside. He knew he had an impressive body, people kept telling him often enough for it to sink in.

"Swimming after dinner sounds like a good idea, we can also swim while the meat cooks, among other things." O'wain grinned. "Shall we gather wood so we can make a fire?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ghalath listened to O'wain, her head tilting slightly. People didn't usually talk to her. Mostly because she avoided them. She sized O'wain up. He was a male, a brownrider male, which was better than a female anything. And he didn't bother Z'jan. And his dragon wasn't pestering her. She relaxed slightly, and the release of tension at her wingjoints was visible.
She gave a constenting, if reserved, snort. Z'jan smiled, and gave her a parting pat before heading off with O'wain.

And while the joke about wood went right over her head, it wasn't lost on Z'jan who grinned, laughing. "Summon! Man, there were definitely days as a kid when I wished I could summon it. Nothing worse than being in the moment, but not being... you know, ready to go." He laughed again, more to himself, but clearly comfortable in O'wain's company. Hell, he was comfortable in anyone's company.

"That makes sense. I guess I wouldn't exactly want my hut floating away..." then he grinned, gravity of the possible catastrophe lost on him "though, hey, that could be kinda fun! Raft around downtown Katila on a plank, steal a candidate's robe for a sail." He restrained himself from going further in the imaginary scenario. After all, the topic had.. shifted. "A tan cock?" he couldn't help but laugh "I guess it's possible if you're out traipsing around with a boner. But isn't that more bluerider territory?" He smirked. "Actually I more meant my ass. I laid out once face down as a candidate on restday. Fell asleep for hours. Sitting through lessons the following morning..." he whistled "...not my finest hour."

He nodded at O'wain's fire-cook-swim-eat-swim plan.... missing the innuendo this time. Suited him just fine! And while he didn't actively oggle O'wain's body, he definitely made a note of his physique. Z'jan liked fit people. After all, he was fit. All that running and jumping and swimming... and while it was mostly fun for him, he knew that for others, staying fit was much more work than play. He respected individuals willing to exert the effort, and usually found them more attractive to boot. The body was an amazing thing, and you can't use it to its fullest unless it's in it's best shape! So went Z'jan's thoughts, at least.

He diverted his attention back to the task at hand. "Yeah, sure. I'll go other there, see what I can find, and meet you back here in a couple minutes?" It was as close to decisive planning as Z'jan ever got. Not exactly weyrleader material, this one.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It pleased O'wain greatly to see Ghalath relax and unable to resist he mentally labeled himself the 'dragonwhisper'.

Hardly, I think she just realized you are so not a threat, the brown commented, sinking below the water to enjoy the cooler depths.

O'wain chuckled, then laughed as he heard Z'jan talk about floating about a flooded Katila on a raft with a candidate's robe as a sail. "If we all did that, every candidate we have will end up naked on the sands come hatching."

"Not all blueriders are always sporting boners, some browns do to. Browns are great dragons they aren't limited to chasing greens, a fast one with good endurance may even get a queen. Not that I would let Nishkath chase a senior queen...the last thing I want is being shouldered with serious responsibilities. I can do it but life is much more fun when the challenges in it, don't come along with a huge headache of responsibility." O'wain chuckled again. "But yes, tanned cocks,  they do exist and not just on Igen men. Most of them naturally are dark and tan even darker."

"A Whole new definition of a 'tanned ass'" O'wain knew of other ways to tan an ass and it didn't require any sun. Not that he was much into the rougher stuff but spanking he didn't mind. More to give than to receive. "So, this mean I won't find any tan lines on you?"

"Sounds like a good plan," O'wain agreed, heading in the opposite direction Z'jan indicated he will look for wood. "Oh if you seem some fresh fruit, pick a few. They do make good cooling treats after a good meal."

Heading into the treeline he quickly searched for dry branches and found a few. O'wain laid his shirt onto the ground, arms spread out and piled the wood on top. He didn't need a huge among of wood and he already planned to cook the meat in the leaves he wrapped them in. Spotting some dark berries, the sort used in bubbly pies and often eaten by wherries to supplement their usual diet of flesh, O'wain gathered some. As he didn't want to squish the berries he carefully filled a pouch.

The last thing he gathered was a long straight stick he could use to poke and prod the fire and keep the leaf wrapped meat cooking evenly on the coals.

Once he had enough wood and berries, O'wain used the sleeves of hsi shirt to wrap around the bundle and carried it back to where he left Z'jan.

"We have enough wood for a good fire," O'wain said cheerfully. "The only other thing we need we can get at edge of the lake. A couple flat stones would make a perfect surface to place the food on while it cooks."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan laughed, a slight tinge of pink to his cheeks. The ones on his face. "I suppose it was something of a tanned ass" he concluded, having not made the connection before. "As for tan lines, well..." he tried to give a suggestive grin, but it was no use. He was a terrible liar. Instead his expression broke into a much more earnest, if not a bit sheepish, smile "Honestly? I'm like a striped feline." He laughed. "Except my ass," he concluded, with a decisive point at O'wain as he struck out in the opposite direction to gather firewood. And fruit. If he could find any. Were there poisonous kinds? He didn't know. Certainly wasn't going to stop him picking any even if he did find them.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) he found plenty of branches but nothing edible. At least nothing he recognized as edible. Having left his shirt back with Ghalath, or, somewhere (he wasn't quite sure) he was left to contend with a growing armful of branches and no clever way to carry them. Except, well, in his arms.

When he emerged from the woods and back into the clearing, he looked like he'd brought half the jungle back with him. Some of the branches still had leaves, suggesting he'd pulled them straight off the trees. Also suggesting he had no idea of how to make a fire. From behind the massive armload, he fought for a line of sight, leaves swaying and whacking him in the face as he walked.

"Fucking--branches--got-ouch--goddamnthorns--ithink" before dropping the haul at O'wain's feet. Glancing down at his chest, his front was grazed with tiny scratches a few pinpricks. A few small blood droplets were welling up in beads from where the bigger thorns had speared him. He stared down at his chest for a moment, then looked up at O'wain with an expression of half amusement, half 'well that's pretty pathetic, huh.'

"Well, now we've got more wood. Couldn't find any fruit. Though I can probably manage the stones."

After all, he'd proven himself exceedingly not useful so far.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"If you're striped like a feline I best not lay you down in the grass else I will never find you again," O'wain winked playfully at Z'jan. He was fast developing a fondness for this cheerful greenrider. He seemed so carefree and had a live for the moment attitude which O'wain found quite refreshing.

Once he lowered his bundle of wood, O'wain looked up when he heard a string of curses coming from the underbrush. Moments later he saw Z'jan struggling out of the trees with a load of rather green and leafy branches. O'wain smirked then chuckled as the pile of wood was dropped at his feet.

"Dry wood that had fallen to the ground would have been fine, Z'jan, there wasn't any need for you to go to the extra trouble of chopping branches off trees," O'wain didn't want to out right laugh at the fellow. In truth a few green branches would make a hot fire once it was well underway and the coals will cook the meat in no time. He will have to compensate for the extra heat or risk burning their lunch. "Since we are far enough from the treeline we can make the fire here. But first, lets get those stones."

Stepping forward he traced a finger down Z'jan's chest, missing the scratches but drawing fairly close to at least one of them. "Best you wash off your chest, those scratches will sting like hell once sweat gets into them."

Grinning at Z'jan he clapped the man on his shoulder before striding off towards the river where he could see some nice flat rocks. At that moment Nishkath shot out of the water like something had bit him and gave a roar of annoyance. O'wain stopped dead in his tracks, confused at what alarmed him.

"What's wrong Nish?" O'wain asked out loud though he had an inkling what disturbed the normally easy going dragon.

FISH! It bumped into me, UGH! Now you are just going to have to scrub it off of me, yuck! The brown sat back on his haunches as soon as he was at the edge of the lake and brushed at his chest with a forepaw as though rubbing slim off his chest.

Laughing, O'wain shook his head. "You swim in the water fish live in,I highly doubt you are any more dirty now than when you entered the water 10 minutes ago."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan wiped sweaty strands of hair from his forehead. "Who said anything about chopping? Broke those suckers off. Bare handed," he held his hands, the partially curled his fingers, like claws. He tried to fake an intimidating sneer, but it came out only halfway, and he just looked like a goon. He gave it up; he couldn't keep a straight face to save his life.

His response was met with O'wain's finger running down his chest. Z'jan's muscles flexed, rippling back, and his back arched away just slightly. Why? Well, because it fucking tickled. And yeah, there was also that instinctive part that wanted to guard his new injuries from further prodding. But with an arm quickly flung over his shoulder, Z'jan made no protest as he was whisked away towards the lake: in time to see Nishkath rocket up like a green on her maiden flight.

Z'jan shot O'wain a questioning look, and couldn't quite hide his grin. "He good?" On shore, still guarding his shirt, Ghalath eyed Nishkath with a look of awkward befuddlement. Z'jan touched his green's mind, but she had nothing to say. Her quizzical, slightly disgusted expression said it all: wussy brown scared of fishes? Z'jan simply shrugged in his mind. you're scared of people

[ghalath] I'm not scared of them.[/ghalath] she said firmly [ghalath] I am perturbed by them.[/ghalath]

perturbed? when do you say perturbed?

[ghalath] just because you speak in grunts...[/ghalath]

Z'jan smiled. Ghalath was relaxing, he could tell by her willingness to trade insults. A weird sort of love, that. Ghalath, for her sake, shifted so that she no longer sat on her haunches but instead lay out onto her stomach. Definitely relaxing.

Z'jan turned to O'wain with a curious smile. "Is he always so... splashy?" he asked, as he bent down to pick up a rock that seemed big-ish and flat-ish...enough? He had no fucking idea. At least he looked like he was helping.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"My how strong you are and so very intimidating," O'wain took a step back in mock fear then grinned. It made teasing this man so much more fun. He also liked the fact Z'jan didn't react in any negative way as far as he could tell, to his finger tracing over the younger man's chest. That in itself told O'wain Z'jan wasn't boy shy at the very least.

I may swim in the lake but the fish don't touch me normally...I don't like fish. O'wain sniggered at his dragon's foolishness.

"Don't mind Nishkath, he's not fond of fish, their taste, smell or presence really. Apparently one bumped against him while he was enjoying a soak. Now he thinks he' needs to be sterilized because of it. He's as fickle as a Lady Holder at times."

I am not fickle, I just like being clean and spotless. Nishkath dropped down on all fours and walked over towards Ghalath and stretched out on the sand near her. Sensing the green's shyness, Nishkath kept a respectful distance and took care not to get any sand on her as he shifted about till his belly made a satisfactory indentation for him to rest on.

"I sometimes wonder if he reacts excessively when he thinks I am paying to much attention to somebody else. Silly really, he's always my number one concern," O'wain grinned. "At least Ghalath is relaxing, I hope Nishkath's decision to stretch out near her isn't going to make her nervous. He won't hurt her, he's just likes company."

"Well that rock is a good size,  about three should be enough," O'wain turned his attention back to the matter of getting a fire going. He picked up a couple rocks and headed for where the wood was left. Using his boot he scrapped out a circular area and laid down the rocks, then  used the driest and smallest pieces of wood to prep for the fire. It took him a few minutes to get a small flame going and with care he managed to enlarge it big enough the fire was well underway. He put in several larger pieces and some of the green stuff so the fire can burn well and produce coals fast.

"I will just put these berries in with the meat, it'll add nice flavor and we can eat the rest of the berries for dessert. We have about ten minutes or so till the fire's died down enough leaving plenty of coals. We could get a quick swim in or talk, or do anything else that comes to mind."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan chuckled at O'wain's explanation, speaking to the brown, though more for O'wain to hear. "It's ok buddy. We've all get the heebiejeebies about something. And I promise I'm not stealing your man" he allowed for a partial rise of his brows "well, not any more than your rider is stealing Ghalath's man."

Ghalath, for her part, wasn't particularly in tune with the conversation. She sucked herself in small and still again as Nishkath approached and settled. Eventually, she began to relax, but her attention was divided between Z'jan and making sure the giant brown blob didn't touch her. Though he was doing a marvelous and gentlemanly job, if Z'jan could say so himself. But he kept his mouth shut. Complimenting Nishkath's restraint and tempered behavior in front of Ghalath would only succeed in embarrassing the green.

"Naw, Ghalath's tough. She just likes to..." how the hell to explain it, "...keep an eye on everybody?" But that answer didn't appease Ghalath. [ghalath] it's not like I'm babysitting, he's older. And--[/ghalath] she gave a definitive, defiant, and slightly awkward snort [ghalath] --I am not eyeing him[/ghalath]. To that, Z'jan had no comment.

He'd nearly forgotten he was holding a rock until O'wain commented on it. He glanced down at his hand as though the thing had betweened there. "Oh, right. Cool."  He allowed O'wain to do the rest of the collecting, however, then followed the brownrider back to the fire. Halfway back he realized he probably should have washed his chest off. Exactly as O'wain has predicted, the slight damp of sweat that he incurred after standing in the sun had made the wounds, however tiny they may be, start to smart. But how bad could it be? It's not like there were poisonous branches or anything... right? Right. So he kept his mouth shut, instead watching O'wain put the fire together, glaze the wherry with wild berries, and all in all set the imaginary table with white linen. This guy had his shit together. Meanwhile, Z'jan stood around scratching his sticky neck. Very helpful.

When O'wain finished, Z'jan jumped on the opportunity to head back to the water. "I think you were right about these," he said, tentatively poking the red markes on his chest and arms. "They could probably use a rinse. Besides, my pants are half dry this point and, well--" no delicate way to say it "--definitely starting to chafe. Go for a dive?" He nodded towards the lake. But his expression wasn't as simple as it usually was; there was a dare in it. After all, there's quite a large difference between a swim and a dive.

At least, the way Z'jan rolled there was. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Take them off, Z'jan, might as well leave them dry off. You won't burn your willy nor your ass in water." O'wain undid his own trousers, stepping out of them easily. Habit had him quickly fold them and lay then a safe distance from the fire. Next he pulled off his undercloth. He was already semi erect which was something nearly constant with O'wain.

"A dive sounds like great fun," O'wain replied, sensing a challenge in the question. "Shall we race to the water's edge?" It wasn't much of a race as they weren't that far way from the water. "I won't start the race till your pants are off and we can truly enjoy water the way it's meant to be enjoyed."

Sorry it's so short, just couldn't think of what else to write at this point.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan couldn't help but grin: "If I had a mark for everytime I heard ' I won't start the race until your pants are off'..." he laughed, but left the rest of the sentence unfinished. Namely because it was honestly the first time he'd ever heard it.

And while Z'jan hadn't reeaally been suggesting they take their pants off... well, O'wain was already naked now. So, that happened. And Z'jan couldn't exactly leave the other guy hanging. Not that O'wain was hanging... persay...

Z'jan made no verbal comment on O'wain's personal 'summoned wood,' though as he struggled out of his own pants (which insisted on sticking to his legs in all their damp splendor) he did reconsider their friendship so far. Was O'wain coming onto him? We're they actually have a romantic lakeside dinner that would inevitably lead to a vivacious roll in the hay? Or...sand, rather. Z'jan was unsure. A confused look crossed his face, which coupled strangely with his attempts to get out of his pants. In the end, he came only to one conclusion:

Either way, did it matter? Neh... not really. Whatever.

And with that established, now faking his difficulty undressing, Z'jan suddenly took off towards the lake. A ruse! But while he was excellent at mischief, he was often terrible at tricks. Who knew how much of a headstart that had bought him, if any. Maybe the brownrider had seen it coming the whole time, and was silently shaking his head.

Either way... did it matter? Nooope

~~

innnncomiiiiing!

Ghalath lifted her head abruptly as a naked blur came streaking from the woods towards the lakeside. The blur's dark head of hair and lithe yet muscular 5'10 physique was all too familiar to her...

She looked awkwardly at Nishkath, then back to Z'jan, giving him her best rendition of a draconic frown.

[ghalath] I can't take you anywhere [/ghalath]

No worries! I actually short post a lot; I've just been on a long post kick today. Sometimes short ones are necessary to keep the plot rolling anyway. In my book, it's quality not quantity ^^

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Hmm,  how many of these kinds of races have you been in?" O'wain quirked an eyebrow, grinning. He then wondered if he will have to steady the young man so he could get his pants off but before he knew it the boy was naked and off running.

"CHEAT!" O'wain called out with a laugh even as he broke into a run after him.

Yes, you do the chasing for a change, I will just see if Ghalath can feel the 'runlust' like you feel flightlust.

Hearing his dragon's comment nearly sent O'wain into a fit of laughter but he contained himself and managed to keep his stride. He was in excellent shape for his age and being over six feet tall he had a bit more leg to put into his running. The sand was harder to run over but bare feet dug into the sand well enough.

It didn't take long before O'wain hit water, but he kept right on running, changing his stride into lunges more than just out right running. Only when he felt he was too deep to run anymore he used his momentum and a kick from his powerful legs to launch into the air and dive into the water.

He arched his body so he would since through the water in a shadow dive so he won't accidentally hit the bottom. Even as the momentum of his dive lessened, O'wain used his feet and arms to propel him further out into the lake till his lungs demanded air. At a good distance from where he vanished under the water, O'wain popped out and shook his head to fling his wet blond hair away from his eyes. He was already deep enough his feet couldn't find the bottom so he tread water as he tried to see where Z'jan ended up.

"So did I win?" he asked, looking around for his new playmate.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan's head broke the surface of the water, his actions mirroring O'wain's almost perfectly without him knowing it. He flipped the wet hair from his eyes and looked around until he caught sight of the other man bobbing not too far away.

He was about to ask who'd won, when O'wain declared his own confusion. Z'jan laughed, leaning into a breastroke and swimming the distance between them. "Dun -- know!" he shouted between strokes. "Ghalath, who won!"

From the beach, Ghalath shook her head side to side like a runner. Z'jan felt her refusal in his mind. Nope, she wasn't going to pick sides. He gave a laugh-sigh, closing the last few feet between O'wain and himself so he no longer had to shout.

"Ghalath's not saying. You could ask Nishkath?" He suggested, "But frankly..." he gave a shrug. Who cares? "Besides--"

"--I did cheat."

Though he didn't sound particularly apologetic about it. In fact, his expression was markedly devious. "And you fell for it, brownrider. Us greens and our tricks... hm?" He flopped backwards, kicking a wave of lakewater into O'wain's face... before quickly ducking under the surface in an attempt to outswim the consequences.

Not the most mature action, but Z'jan had never bothered himself much with maturity. ..

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain spotted his competition not too far away, rising out of the water and flicking his hair back in much the same way O'wain had moments before. This caused the brownrider to grin.

Once Z'jan joined him where he was treading water, O'wain grinned at the revelation he was just as clueless on who won as he was. "I most certainly can ask him.

You won of course, I have every confidence in you...what did you win now? Nishkath had not been paying attention to what the humans were doing, this particular competition had nothing to do with him so why pay attention?

"Nishkath says I did but I think he's as clueless as to who really won as we are." O'wain shrugged. The competitive side of him was certainly more than willing to claim a win but he preferred a more definitely result. And Z'jan was right, he did cheat, being a tricky greenrider.

Before he could say anything else water was kicked in his face and O'wain had to throw up an arm to protect his eyes. "Ohh you're getting it now, you little green," O'wain growled in mock anger and dove into the water after Z'jan.

He will catch this little green rider and show him he can trick them just as good as his dragon. Not that Nishkath outsmarted that many greens, but he's caught his fair share over the years.

One thing O'wain quickly learned was Z'jan had a far more sleeker musculature which allowed him to cut through the water better than O'wain's more bulky form. As he chased, rising for air when needed, O'wain felt he was paralleling his dragon's efforts to catch greens. Nishkath wasn't overly bulky for a brown but he was bigger and heavier than most greens and blues despite being a very agile flyer. He still was big compared to the little greens he chased, it was harder for him to bank and switch directions as fast as the greens.

O'wain was not just bigger in body but also in length so that caused more drag in the water and he was older than Z"jan. Not that the age difference was large enough to truly make a difference and in the water, they both had the same hindrances. However, O'wain was sly when he needed to be so at the first chance he was in shallow enough water he planted his feet enough to use the solid lake bottom to launch himself through the water, arms forward to snatch any part of Z'jan that came in reach.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan was a water rat, and a natural born swimmer. His body was perfectly suited for aquatic movement (as much as any human body could be) and he had marvellous lung capacity from all his years practicing... not the mention all his daily cardio-play. Running, jumping, freefalling... though freefalling was actually a passive activity. Technically. You just kinda... fell.

And sure, he was also tricky. But despite all of the above, there was one thing he definitely wasn't.

Observant.

While the brownrider's disadvantages to his own in the water were slight, it nevertheless meant Z'jan could (likely, but not irrefutably) outswim O'wain all day. But those same disadvantages also ensured something else: that Z'jan couldn't, under any circumstances, out wrestle the bulkier, more experienced rider. No matter how hard he wriggled.

As he discovered with a broad hand came into contact with his calf, then slid down as he tried to pull away and secured tightly around Z'jan's ankle.

fuuuuckkk

Z'jan, submerged, spun onto his back and bent at the waist, forcing his head up for air. He took a deep breath, barely able to keep the "oh shit" grin/cringe off his face. He'd need a lungfull. Who knows when, with his leveraged grip on his ankle and the water only waist deep, that brownrider would let him back up again!

Minor powerplay/godmode permission granted if you need it, Lady/O'wain!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

His hand touched flesh and only a few inches of leg moved past his hand before O'wain's grip tightened securely around Z'jan's angle. With this leverage it was a piece of cake to pull the lighter man to him, especially when Z'jan twisted and practically put his bum against the sand.

O'wain wrapped his free arm around the man's waist and pulled him against his chest, surfacing himself so they could both breath. He grinned mischievously and without a word, he kissed his prize. O'wain considered himself a good kisser, with men and women both. Eventually he ended the kiss and looked into Z'jan's eyes.

"So, seems this brownrider has caught himself a green good and proper. Are you ready to take this flight to the next love, my Dear?" O'wain was more than ready to move things beyond a kiss but a part of him was mindful he was a weyrling and they did have some restrictions when it came to sex...not that he minded breaking a rule here and there but Z'jan may have concerns. Ghalath also looked old enough to not be bothered by her rider engaging in sexual acts beyond a kiss. It had been so long since he was a weyrling O'wain couldn't remember all the rules..not that he followed them to the letter. He definitely remembered having sex with fellow weyrlings then other dragonriders by the time Nishkath was a turn old, maybe sooner. It was all rather foggy. O'wain pushed it out of his mind, far as he was concerned Z'jan should decide.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan was pulled upwards, definitively caught. He exhaled the breath he thought he'd so desperately need, and inhaled a more regularly sized one. Water streamed into his eyes, but he didn't try to brush the strands away. They weren't actually in his eyes, being just too short to impede his vision. Now firmly, and irrefutably caught, Z'jan's first instinct was to view this as part of the game. He'd lost. Damn. But hey! How about another--

--but things were moving a little differently, in reality. And while Z'jan might not be the fastest runner out of the gate, he wasn't wherry brained enough not to see where the water-wrestle was really headed...

So the kiss came both as a surprise and--not a surprise. Z'jan was pliant, though didn't respond with gusto at first. Not because he held any ill will or discomfort regarding the situation, but rather because (unlike some people) 'summoning wood' wasn't exactly an instantaneous endeavor. When O'wain broke off the kiss, Z'jan held the brownrider's gaze.

"Ok, fact: I'm caught." He held his hands flat against O'wain chest, flexing the fingers away to show his lack of resistance. A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth, "and I think--"

He didn't get to finish.

[ghalath] I smell... burn?[/ghalath] Ghalath stated definitively from her not-eyeing, not-touching position next to Nishkath on the shore.

At first the words made no sense to Z'jan. The confusion was evident on his face. Then, just as evident, came a realization: "Uh... hey O'wain? So, did you say not to put the green wood on the fire?" Z'jan gave a tentative smile "Because I think... maybe... dinner's done."

With O'wain's taller shoulder blocking his view, he could only imagine what looking towards the shore would reveal. He leaned in, under the pretense of trying peer over it. But... well. Maybe it was worth it to burn the food, just so he wouldn't have to move. So neither of them would have to move?

But with that thought came a violent growl of his stomach. While a certain part of his anatomy might be slow in responding, a different, though equally essential part would not be taking NO for an answer. At least, when it came to eating.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Yes, you definitely are,' O'wain agreed with Z'jan's statement of fact, grinning away. He definitely liked to see the smile tugging at the younger man's lips and the feel of his hand against his chest. There was no pushing so O'wain knew it was a caress and not a request to keep his distance.

He tilted his head slightly when he noticed Z'jan get a startled look on his face after pausing mid sentence. O'wain was around dragonriders since he was young enough to stand and he knew what it looked like when a man was talking to his dragon telepathically. Z'jan's next words definitely caught O'wain's attention.

"Shit, meant to move that away from the fire." O'wain was torn between skipping lunch and going straight for dessert. Turning, he looked back towards the fire and could see it was burning quite hot and the leaves wrapping his meal was definitely burning. Before he could say anything he heard Z'jan's stomach growl. Well that decided it.

"Humph, looks like we best attend dinner and resume this fun after we eat." O'wain stood up and reluctantly let go of Z'jan before headed towards the fire. "It may only be burning on the outside, but I best check."

Once he reached the fire, O'wain grabbed the long stick he fund for just that purpose, and poked the wrapped meat so it was out of the immediate heat of the flames. A quick inspection revealed it was mostly the leaf that was burning, the meat inside cooking well enough. He poked some more in the fire, pushing the hottest coals aside so the meat won't cook too fast and get tough. Once he was satisfied he turned to regard Z'jan.

"Well, it's not completely cooked, but the game we started earlier is one best saved till after we eat, this way, we have plenty of time." O'wain rose and brushed the sand off his legs then realized till he was better off just going back into the water for now.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Mixed emotions worked inside Z'jan as O'wain released him. First, was the unfortunate loss of contact. Z'jan liked being with people. And near people. And touching people. Even if it wasn't in a sexual capacity (though, yeah, it mostly was.) Secondly, it meant they were going to eat. Which was definitely a good thing.

And that's about as intellectual and contemplative as he got...

Z'jan followed O'wain, trudging through the waist high water. Only once the level fell below his waist did he remember: oh yeah, he was naked. And not only that, but if for any reason he should need to get dressed in a rush, well, he was shit out of luck. His shirt was off near Ghalath, while his pants were... dunno, somewhere in the woods? No, wait. They were by the fire. At least that was a landmark.

Z'jan had fallen back, and by the time he reached the fire O'wain had, apparently, already sorted everything out. After all, there was no one on Pern better at not-helping than Z'jan. He was just keeping up his reputation. And while not fully cooked, the smell of baking wherry definitely set his stomach rumbling again.

"False alarm. Blame Ghalath." [ghalath] something was burning[/ghalath]. "Though seeing as your meat is my first meal today, I was really hoping I couldn't have to choke down charcoal." He smiled, oblivious to any alternative meaning of his words.

By this point O'wain was upright again, having brushed the sand off himself. Now he was just standing there. And Z'jan was just standing there. Just two naked guys, dripping wet, standing there. It should have been awkward.

And it was. But only a little bit. And, likely, only for Z'jan.

He looked between the fire and the water. It was definitely too hot to stay near the fire. And while he loved the water... "And what game is that?" he asked coyly, backing up slowly towards the woods, instead of the water. "You wouldn't mean the one where you caught me... then let me go?"

To the woods. Because 'wood' was exactly what Z'jan needed to think about now... in a manner of speaking...

at least until dinner was ready.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"No, definitely not a false alarm, it was too far into the coals the the point the leaves were burning. If we left it for too long it would have burned the meat. Now it should cook more evenly and slower, we don't want to be eating tough wherry."

O'wain grinned mischievously, cluing in Z'jan's intention was to run, this time towards the woods instead of the water. "Don't you worry, I can catch you again any time."

At the word 'time' O'wain lunged forward, ready to grab Z'jan around the waist but the boy was more agile than he expected and eluded him this time. Without hesitation the chase was on. O'wain loved to race and this was exactly that, a race.

As he gave chase it occurred to O'wain running into the woods wouldn't be wise, given the density of shrugs and presence of thorns. Hopefully Z'jan will remember his willy and steer away from thickets that could make things difficult for them later. He had already noticed earlier the boy was a slow riser but that could be due to uncertainty of the situation or perhaps hidden nerves. O'wain himself was quite clearly paying attention. Fortunately it wasn't so prominent given he was running and worrying about his skin being torn by the woods.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nope, Z'jan hadn't given a thought to thorns. Or the fact he was barefoot and there were thorns. Or that his man parts were swinging in the breeze, and therefore were also susceptible to thorns. No, none of that occurred to him. (despite having been attacked by thorns not a candlemark earlier.)

No, the only thing he was thinking about was escaping O'wain's clutches. He'd managed to evade O'wain's first reach, but it had been a very close call. The bloody brownrider had jumped the gun. Fucker, he grinned to himself. Then again, Z'jan had cheated earlier. So they were both fuckers.

Z'jan streaked (literally) through the woods, O'wain at his heels. What had inspired him to head into the woods, and not the water, after all? At first, he wasn't sure himself. Then he heard Ghalath's far off rumble. That's why. While his sexual exploits hardly bothered her, he'd never been able to get over the 'being watched' feeling that it gave him. While he loved an audience during parties, or company when out adventuring, having someone else inside your head when you were fucking?.... eh, weird. To say the least. 

As the woods got denser, Z'jan began to realize he'd been pretty stupid to take this route. His chest and arms were already flecked with thorn-pricks, and while his feet were tough from constant barefoot adventures, they were still starting to get tender from the constant barrage of tree needles and breaking twigs beneath them.

Oh, and O'wain was gaining on him.

He took a sharp right, heading for a thick clump of foliage... thinking to loose O'wain in the brush. The 'brush,' however, turned out to be a hedgerow of thick, thorny bushes. Z'jan skidded to a stop. Trapped! He wheeled around, throwing up his hands.

"SURRENDER, I surrender! Just don't run me into the thorns!" he laugh-shouted in O'wain's direction. He couldn't see the brownrider yet, and the turn he'd taken had been pretty sharp. Z'jan swallowed. The idea of O'wain barreling into him and knocking them both, butt naked, into the spines... well, it was something he'd really like to avoid. He could only hope the older rider's reflexes were as quick as his own.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The younger rider was fast and his backside distracting so it was difficult for O'wain to focus on just running. Then there was the fact he, unlike Z'jan, wasn't in the habit of running about barefoot till his soles were tough as wherhide. Sand was about the only thing he ran on and most races he did O'wain was either in boots, riding a runnerbeast or in the air on Nishkath.

He ducked a low hanging branch, jumped over a low shrug and managed to get close enough to Z'jan he could almost grab him only to have a branch come otu of nowhere smack him in the face. At the same time Z'jan turned off the path and between some fruit trees. The sting of a branch smacking his face slowed O'wain down so by the time he ran between the redfruit trees he lost ground on the greenrider.

"Fuck me," O'wain muttered then did his best to put on the speed. If Z'jan had not yelled 'surrender' O'wain would have ran right past the sharp turn and end up somewhere deeper into the woods. As it was, the call drew O'wain to a quick halt. Turning, he looked around till he noticed Z'jan's tracks leading around a thick tree.

Jogging up to the tree, O'wain followed the signs of somebody taking a sharp turn and spotted Z'jan standing before a very thick and nasty looking thorny hedge. He grinned. Z'jan was trapped now. If he had been smart he should have just ran back the way he came, O'wain wouldn't have expected Z'jan to suddenly appear before him, or more exactly, behind him.

"Looks like you got yourself cornered, Z'jan and you did surrender. Come here my Dear." O'wain gestured with a hand, beckoning the boy to approach. Since he called surrender, far as O'wain was concerned, that made him his for the duration of the game. "I accept your surrender, now for me to enjoy my conquest."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan's expression was a mix of mirth and letdown. After all, he'd surrendered. He's lost. Losing sucked! But it had been his own fault, so he could only blame himself. But blaming himself sucked too. He'd much rather blame someone else. But that someone else, with his come hither summons and gesturing hand, was currently in charge of the only exit out of his thorny cage. And it's never smart to goad the gatekeeper.

"Ah man," he was smiling, but there was also some awkwardness, even bordering on shyness, lurking in his gaze. Nothing that stood out profoundly. But just a hint. For Z'jan, any new bedmate (forest-floor-mate?) made his adrenaline pump a little more than normal. The unknown of a new partner: what to expect, what to do... it brought out Z'jan's less dominant side. Which was paradoxical to how adrenaline normally made him behave.

And he loved it. Around Ghalath, the antisocial green, he had to be the bold social ambassador. Around others, he was wild Z'jan, or boisterous Z'jan, or frequently 'jumping off shit' Z'jan. But alone, in the woods, with an older brownrider that he hardly knew?... he could be anybody he wanted. Perhaps that's why he slept around so much. One night stands had become his sexual currency.

And he was totally ok with that.

With a slow, less confidant than normal step, he moved towards O'wain. His eyes didn't show fear, but a sort of anxious excitement. His chest heaved as he caught his breath, though even now his breathing was slowing, returning to normal.

Another step. A little smile, which he quickly tried to wipe away with his hand. But it lingered there. Just at the corners. Another step.

At this point, there was only one step left.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain watched the play of emotions and thoughts over Z'jan's face. Pokerface this man wasn't from all appearances. He had a feeling it wasn't just being shy about what O'wain would like to do but more something else? O'wain wasn't sure but he wasn't going to force himself upon him. He patiently waited, at least one part pointing directly at the young man, till Z'jan started walking forward.

"Don't worry I am very gentle," O'wain said when Z'jan stopped a step away. He matched the little smile upon Z'jan's face with a grin of his own. Deciding to take that last step himself, O'wain stepped forward and snaked his arm around the young man and pulled him against him.

Taking the initiative once more, O'wain kissed Z'jan, this time with more passion. His free hand ran down his side and over Z'jan's firm behind.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Things got simpler from here.

Z'jan let himself be pulled in, and the contact with human skin was comforting. No, more the comforting. It was the best thing. The pressure of body against body, whether it was simply leaning back to back while dozing in the shade, or going for a tumble in bed, was one of Z'jan's favorite feelings. He couldn't hide it. Once his skin touched O'wain's, it pressed closer without further encouragement.

There was nothing else on Z'jan's mind except this moment. He forgot all about the wherry meat, his scattered clothing, their strange location... even his stomach has stopped growling. And while he couldn't (and didn't want to) forget entirely about Ghalath, she was dozing in the sun near Nishkath and had no more interest in his current affairs than if he'd been counting grains of sand by the lakeshore.

The sweat from running had sent pin-pricks of pain across his little wounds. But it didn't bother him; in fact, it made the moment seem more immediate: more visceral. As he was kissed, Z'jan moved his hand up O'wain's chest, coming to rest near the brownrider's throat. His thumb pressed soft circles around the man's adam's apple, before tracking upwards, tracing the line of his jaw.

He pressed his cheek to O'wain's, momentarily pulling his lips away. Gentle was good, he thought. Still, he didn't need this man getting the wrong idea...

There was a smirk on Z'jan's face, but is was half veiled with growing lust... and since he was pressed against O'wain, there was no way the brownrider could see it anyway. "It's good to hear," he spoke, his voice taking on a definitively husky overtone. This tip of his nose just touched O'wain's ear, "but you should know, I don't break easy, either."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flesh on flesh was a sensation O'wain could never get enough of. The raw physical release of sex, though very pleasurable was only the final reward to a long dance of touch. There was so much more skin to explore than that part of a man's anatomy.

When Z'jan broke the kiss to press his cheek against O'wain's, the brown rider sighed softly, not in disappointment but more, pleasure for Z'jan did not physically move away from him. O'wain was very much aware of the heat building between their bodies down around waist level.

"That is good to hear as I am not THAT gentle..." he teased, moving his hand over Z'jan's back, exploring the form of muscle of Z'jan's behind. His index finger began it's own exploring. It was around this time a stray thought came to mind about cooking meat but O'wain shoved it away. He had moved the wrapped meat far enough out of the hottest coals it shouldn't burn for some time. Besides, sometimes there were more important things than one's stomach.

<<Fade Out....>>

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)