World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Geronimo! [O'wain]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
<< ...Fade In>>

... had he... fallen asleep ...on the beach?

Z'jan furrowed his brows in sleep, as his mind tried to drag him back to consciousness. He shifted slightly and forced his eyes open to slits. He expected to get pelted by the harsh glare of light reflecting off of water. Instead, everything was dappled, and much dimmer than it should have been. His eyes opened fully. Trees, everywhere. Hm.

It was almost like he

thelake--O'wain--thefire--thenaked--therace--thewoods--thestillnaked--thefuck--thewowthefuck...

remembered everthing.

Blinking, he tried to mentally locate all his body parts. After such 'contortions,' it was always good to figure out where everything was before trying to move abruptly. It was never fun to roll over on the wrong part, or put a knee where it shouldn't be going... especially for the person on the receiving end. Though the urge to arch his back and stretch out 5'10 of cramped muscle was almost irresistible.

Z'jan was on his stomach, that much was certain. He could see leaves, dirt, grass, bits of stick and rock traveling outward from his eyeline until what felt like infinity. Tree trunks. A leaf, half eaten by grubs, fell to the forest floor about ten meters off.

A rebel yawn nearly popped Z'jan's jaw. What time was it? The light was too dim. He hesitantly shifted his arms, legs, just a bit, in an effort to determine the line where he ended and O'wain began.

It was a very blurry line.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Normally O'wain didn't fall asleep right after sex but with the heat of the day on top of running through the jungle and being hungry, he did.

His eyes opened when he heard a yawn and his new lover shifted slightly. O'wain was on his back, Z'jan legs were across his own as well as a single arm. Sometime after they both finished they must have snuggled. Smiling he remembered all the exquisite details and just that caused a certain part to stir.

Your fire's out.

It took O'wain several minutes to figure out what Nishkath meant by that comment. Fire, the wherry meat he was cooking. But the fire was perfect it wouldn't have gone out for hours...O'wain looked up at the sky above and realized all he saw was mottled greens. The light was far dimmer than it should be, even here.

How long were we?

Long enough for the fire to go out...by the way the wherry tastes better raw. The berries were a nice touch though.

You ATE my wherry? How could you I was going to enjoy that!  O'wain lowered his head back against the ground with a loud sigh. Nishkath wasn't the sort to steal a meal. I hope you didn't burn your tongue

No, I flicked it out of the fire. It would have burned otherwise. If you weren't so busy rutting I would have told you it was ready. By the time I realized you were done it was cold and then you fell asleep. So I ate it before it ended up attracting felines or something.

Guess that just means i have an excuse to offer to cook for Z'jan back at our home instead another night.

O'wain broke communication with Nishkath to focus on Z'jan. He ran his hand over his leg as he turned slightly to look towards Z'jan's face.

"Nishkath ate our dinner." He told him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

...two legs, under his own. One arm in his posssession, the other...

He flexed the fingers slightly, the pads stretching out across O'wain's chest. He took a deep, but quiet breath. He couldn't deny: he felt good. Everything. Just laying here. As far as he could tell, O'wain was asleep. Z'jan preferred it that way.

It gave him to consider how he was going to disappear.

But an undeniable sigh, and a ripple-effect of movement down O'wain's neck, shoulders, chest, and to Z'jan's fingers, corrected him. It seemed the brownrider was actually very much awake. That, or he'd just exhibited the most violent yawn in Pern's history. No use playing dead wherry. Z'jan tried to touch Ghalath's mind, but the green seemed to be asleep. That was unusual for her. She didn't like to sleep alone, much less in the company of a dragon she hardly knew. Good for her, he thought, she needs to get over it.

But, oh-no, he'd guess wrong twice: Ghalath wasn't asleep either. At least, not asleep enough to ignore the chance to make a jab at Z'jan.

[ghalath] my issues? Mr. thanks-for-the-fuck-gotta-run?[/ghalath]

This is totally different

[ghalath] and each time it's the same[/ghalath]

Z'jan frowned, his fingers tightening unconsciously against O'wain's chest. What did Ghalath know about anything? He didn't need to run. He didn't always run... even if maybe he did. What did it matter? It was just sex. It didn't have to be a thing. He was allowed to just leave. It's not like it bothered him.

It didn't bother him.

He unconsciously waited for Ghalath's rebuttal; it never came. This time, she really was asleep. She'd heard all this before... so Z'jan fumbled alone with his thoughts. He needed something to say to O'wain, something convincing. Something partially true would be best, since he was a terrible liar. Something that--

O'wain's hand tracing up the back of his leg made him catch his breath. His thoughts scattered like birds. He also became aware, for the first time, that another part of O'wain was also very much awake. This man was a freak of nature... and ten points to gryffindor nature.

Z'jan's ear was pressed close to O'wain's chest, so when the brownrider's spoke, he felt the words as much as heard them. The vibrations, inexplicably, sent giddy chills running down his spine. Post sex adrenaline.

"Our... dinner?" oh, right, the wherry... gawd I'm hungry... and, hey, where are my pants... actually, where are we...?

"Oh. That dinner." He ended lamely. He shifted against O'wain, trying to figure out the best way to get to his feet and get the fuck out of here without making a scene. Or the least amount of 'scene' a sex-haired greenrider jogging naked out of the woods at sundown could make.

This is a full acknowledgement and admittance to all readers, present and future, that "Ten points for Gryffindor" does not, obviously, belong in Pernese canon... *is likely speaking to an empty auditorium* ... *crickets* ...well, now that's settled.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Yes, that dinner. On a good note, it would have been cold and tough anyway so just as well." O'wain grinned mischievously. "Looks like I owe you a meal now so that means we are definitely going to have to get together again, perhaps my hut, where I can cook and we can have dessert in much more comfort."

As much as O'wain enjoyed sex with many different people he was never against repeat performances with people. As long as they didn't start getting clingy or try to change him, so many women tried to do that and he dumped them hard. More often then not he would find them being fawned all over by Nishketh.

[nishketh]They need comfort, you make them hurt inside. I don't see why you can't be a bit more gentle when you stop seeing them.[/nishkath]

They shouldn't be trying to change me either, I never lie about my nature and if they keep being delusional on being able to change me, not my fault. As much as he brushed it off to Nishkath, they both knew the truth, it did bother him when he had to break up with the clingy or 'I am different he will love me' ones. It's why he tended to wait too long to end it. O'wain gave a mental sigh, that wasn't important here and now anyway.

"We best get up and go find our scattered clothing before it gets dark," O'wain didn't want to get up and though it wouldn't be the first time he flew Nishkath bareback (him being the bare one, not just riding without fighting straps) he didn't know if Z'jan would be opposed...actually he doubted he would be. "Or we can just leave the clothes and fly back naked. Start on my idea together,  clothes are optional."

As he talked, O'wain sat up carefully, both of his hands moving over Z'jan's thigh where they rested across his lap. Both of them were covered in debris from their tumble in the jungle, maybe a quick dip in the lake would be good. Then again he wouldn't have time to dry. What was the point, he would be soaked in sweat by the time he got back to his hut anyway, just from the humidity.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan listened to O'wain, his throat constricting slightly. Shit. It was becoming a thing. Still, it was odd. What little Z'jan knew of O'wain's reputation was that the brownrider had no inclination of settling down. Which was great news for Z'jan, as far as he was concerned. So what was this 'I'll cook you dinner and then we can enjoy desert' invitation all about? And more importantly, how would he get out of it?

"Sounds... good."

Well, nice one.

Though O'wain's suggested itinerary (naked, he might add) didn't illicit the same placid reaction. Was Z'jan against flying bareback? Meh, not really. He couldn't imagine Ghalath would like it much. Still, it's not like the green hadn't seen him naked before. In honesty, she'd probably seen him naked as much as clothed. She was his dragon, after all. Her knew her mottled hide as well as she knew his scarred body.

No, it wasn't the flying naked itself that bothered Z'jan. It was the continued naked company of O'wain. Sex was over. He didn't regret it, not one bit, but that didn't mean he wanted to linger on it. The past was past. And Z'jan hated the past. Only now mattered.

And now he really had to go--

O'wain started sitting up before Z'jan, leaving the younger greenrider in a slightly compromised position. Their laps were still crossed. And O'wain's hands were still on him... not unpleasantly... definitely not... but... butt

Get up. Don't wait longer. Don't make it weirder

Z'jan flexed his jaw, then pushed himself up onto his elbows. Slowly, so as not to suggest his strong desire to flee, he turned and pulled his legs off of O'wain's lap... making a conspicuous effort not to eye the fifth limb that lingered underneath. Z'jan's arms and legs, and hell, his whole body, was speckled with bits of forest detritus. And not excluding places best left unmentioned. He'd need a wash.

"Clothes might be better, yeah. You know--" he didn't know where he was going with that. Fuck. "Uh... I think Ghalath still has my shirt. My pants are... somewhere. By the fire, maybe." He tried to play it cool, but his eyes were busy darting around the small clearing. He kept his head tilted mostly away from O'wain, so it was possible that rider didn't notice. Though it was also very possible he did. With a final shift of his body, he was sitting next to O'wain, his left shoulder and hip touching O'wains right.

The thorn bushes created a wall behind them, and the only way out was small path between the trees: the way they'd come charging in. How was he going to do this?

"Hey, so... do you think... I mean, I need to wash off." annnnd "Could you, maybe... find my pants? Then, uh..' keep gooooing "I'll meet you... at the lake?"

Because suddenly, Z'jan had a plan. A tentative plan, maybe. A bad plan, likely.
But he had a plan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain bedded many people, male and female though most of his partners were female, so he was a fair judge of the after sex reactions. Most of his partners were happy to snuggle and relax in the afterglow, others eager to resume activities once they noticed he was always ready for more. A few actually were gone before he woke up. Then there were times he was the one gone before the other work up. O'wain loved sex but sometimes he just didn't want anything else to do with who he just bedded.

Z'jan's odd behavior was puzzling. He did get the impression the younger boy loved every minute of their coupling but now, he seemed confused by it. O'wain watched him silently, making no protest when Z'jan drew his legs off of his lap and sat beside him.

"I believe your pants are near the fire," O'wain offered. It was where his were, or somewhere in that general vicinity. "And yes, washing off would be a god idea else chafing would be the least of your worries. I will meet you at the lake..."

He looked over at Z'jan and smiled. "I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I, I do my best to ensure my partners enjoy it."

O'wain had a feeling Z'jan may run to the lake which was fine by him. Perhaps the young man wasn't used to being with older men and needed a moment of privacy to digest the fun they just had. Then again maybe he was acting oddly due to lack of food. Either way he was going to take his time, enjoy the view of a naked Z'jan for as long as he was able this day.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan couldn't stop the flush from rising to his face, nor could he entirely smother the smile that tugged at the cornerns of his mouth. O'wain's glance, his traditionally cocky comment said in the most earnest, considerate manner... Z'jan ran his hand over the back of his neck bashfully, eyes darting to his toes, as though somehow that would help matters. Post sex emotions were strange waters for him. He navigated clumsily, hoping to neither lose his bearings nor run aground.

It didn't help that he was still groggy.

"Yeah, I had a great... it was good. Really good, I mean...yeah." Talking about it was weird. Weird for him at least. Was that a good answer? Should he say something else?

[ghalath] just don't say 'thank you,' whatever you do[/ghalath] the green coached lazily [ghalath] you're not a total slut[/ghalath]

Since when have I ever been a slut?

[ghalath] ...you've never been a total slut[/ghalath]

Z'jan gave up. Ghalath, point made, rumbled from the lakeshore. Z'jan could hear her both in his mind, and faintly in the distance, somewhere to his right.

"Keep doing that," he commanded. And without any awareness that he'd just spoken aloud.

[ghalath] doing what... being right[/ghalath]

Rumbling. I need to find the lake. All these trees look the same.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I am glad you enjoyed it,' O'wain smirked, deciding he must have been so good for Z'jan the boy's brains were still lost in the afterglow. O'wain rose to his feet and smiled at him.

When Z'jan said out loud to keep doing that, O'wain certainly intended to. He had heard a distant rumble from Ghalath and assumed some of the distractions Z'jan was undergoing was due to communicating with his dragon.

Things good over there Nishy? O'wain inquired, wondering if he should be getting out of the woods soon.

All is fine here, Ghalath is just amused about something. Are you two coming out?

"Need help getting back to the beach?" O'wain asked, turning to focus on Z'jan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan, seeing O'wain rise, felt a weight being lifted. He felt free to move now. Getting to his own feet, he tried not to think about how dirty he was. Though really, it was the dirt that was the issue. It was all the little things stuck to him: leaves, bark bits, tree needles, grit... etc.

He instinctively moved to brush himself off, but then realized how ridiculous it was. He was already naked. Surely that was the bigger 'being presentable' issue at the moment. In fact, a big enough leaf could actually come in handy.

"I did. And thanks--"

Ghalath grumbled severely.

Thanks for directions!

Glancing up at O'wain, Z'jan's disorientation was written clearly on his face. "--that would be great. How do you keep your bearings in here? I'm fine on mountains, or in holds, but woods..." he shook his head "...I feel like the trees change places when I'm not looking."

He took a step forward, feeling more like his old confidant self now that the topic concerned their spacial orientation... instead of their anatomical one.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain chuckled and clapped Z'jan's shoulder. "We followed a rather clear path through the trees, the rest of the jungle is too thick and full of thorns... we didn't make too many turns till you ducked into here."

"Follow me and I will lead us back to the beach," O'wain moved past Z'jan and strolled away in total comfort of being naked. He hoped Z'jan was enjoying the view from the rear as he had enjoyed watching him from behind earlier.

It didn't take too long to get back to the beach and the now smokeless fire. O'wain had a feeling the humidity was so thick it put the fire out faster than normal. Or maybe it was the dragons. Looking across the beach he spotted his brown lying nearly in the exact spot he was before but his large tracks were all over the place. It was quite clear a dragon came to the fire and raided the food.

"I hope you didn't trample all over our clothes, Nishkath," O'wain called out as he walked to the fire.

Never, they are exactly where you left them. You should bathe though, your half all kinds of stuff stuck to your hide.

That's the plan. Did you enjoy your afternoon?

It was pleasant here, your lovemaking is always entertaining. I don't know if Ghalath enjoyed it, she doesn't talk much.

"Nishkath thinks Ghalath is quiet, is she usually quiet around new people and dragons?" O'wain turned to look behind him when he addressed Z'jan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan jumped a little at the clap to his shoulder, but it was a good jump. This kind of contact was casual, everyday... ignoring the naked bit. Things were going back to normal. Whatever normal was.

Z'jan followed O'wain out of the woods, realizing he was right. It had been a pretty straight shot. He'd been so busy playing keep-away, it hadn't occurred to him to keep track of his twists and turns. Or lack thereof. As they walked, Z'jan (unlike O'wain) made a conscious effort to avoid staring at the the brownrider. Not because it wasn't a good view. No complaints there. Rather, he found it difficult not think about sex when staring at the well formed backside of a man who'd just fucked him. And not thinking about sex was very high on his current list of priorities.

[ghalath] why?[/ghalath]

Z'jan didn't have an answer.

When they reached the firepit, O'wain wasn't the only one to notice the dragon tracks scattered everywhere. At first, he assumed their were all Nishkath's, being so large. Then he spotted a footprint much smaller than the others, almost erased by other prints.

Did you eat the wherry and blame it on Nishkath?

Ghalath snorted with disgust.

[ghalath] I retrieved your pants, you ungrateful... person.[/ghalath] The green couldn't bring herself to openly, utterly insult Z'jan. And Z'jan couldn't keep from smiling.

"What? Oh, yeah, she's really quiet. I mean, not to me, god. But she doesn't talk much to other dragons. Hope Nishkath didn't take it the wrong way. It's not him, it's her." He felt Ghalath tighten up, even in his mind. She didn't like being talked about. But tough for her.

"Oh, and I guess while Nishkath was eating our dinner, Ghalath stole my pants." he laughed "I think he got the better part of the deal. I'll just go get them, then..."

But he hesitated a second, before starting off. Had that been too.... obvious?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The snort from the greendragon drew O'wain's attention from gathering up his own scattered clothing. He looked over at the smaller dragon but from the way she was looking at Z'jan he assumed the snort was regarding something said between her and her rider. Not his business anyway.

"Quite alright she's quiet,  Nishkath isn't a chatterbox himself or anything. He just wanted to know if it's something about him that unnerves her. He doesn't mind quiet dragons." O'wain assured Z'jan. "He was just concerned it was something he did or didn't do but he's fine with just being near her and let her decide when to talk."

I wouldn't want to offend her so I haven't talked much to her and she didn't say anything but I did know she talked with him.

Don't worry stud, I am sure she won't mind you too much next time she rises.

I won't chase if she doesn't like me, I still have the scars when Nirinath kicked me.

At being reminded of that particular flight, as fun as it was to have Nishkath try for gold, O'wain still couldn't figure out why he wanted to let Nishkath chase after that particular gold. He had no interest in bedding Tsuen nor did he want to be Weryleader. O'wain must not have been really paying that much attention at the time. But after the injury the gold bitch had given Nishkath, leaving a scar around his head, O'wain certainly won't let Nishkath chase that gold again. Well he knew why Nishkath was kicked, and it really didn't have anything to do with liking him or not.

You did go Between in order to catch up with the others during that flat. I expect she didn't like you cheating.

I wasn't cheating I was being clever.

"I would hope my cooking was better than eating a pair of pants." O'wain chuckled. "Mine should be around here too, unless Nishkath decided to collect them too." O'wain found his shirt and shoes but this pants weren't with them. He was about to ask if maybe Ghalath took both of them when he noticed a pant leg sticking out of the ground. "Ah here they are. Looks like all my clothing is accounted for."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

As O'wain gathered up his clothes, Z'jan stood awkwardly. What was he still lingering around like a terrified wherry for? Ghalath had his clothes, or so she claimed. All Z'jan had to do was make his way to her, casually, then mount quickly and flee the lake instead of meeting O'wain in the water. It wasn't complicated.

So why was he stalling? He listened, but Ghalath had no snarky answer. She was watching Nishkath from her hunched position, eyes sedate. She wasn't nearly as tense as she had been when the brownpair had first arrived. She observed him passively now. So far the brown had left her alone, so she'd likely downgraded his threat level. Progress, at least.

Z'jan took a few steps backwards, still facing O'wain. That's when he realized: going towards Ghalath to get his clothes made no sense if he was intending to go back into the lake with O'wain. Or pretending that was his intention. What, was he going to do? Get dressed, then jump back into the lake? How could he explain that?

But he was already moving, now, his feet carrying him towards Ghalath. If O'wain asked, he'd just have to make something up.

Because he was so awesome at lying.

"I'll meet you in the water. Don't wait, I'll just be a second," he said quickly. He couldn't let the other rider read his face. That would give it all away, he knew. So he turned without waiting for an answer, heading towards his lounging green. A lump in his throat, unsure what O'wain's reaction to his sudden, attempted departure would be.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain shook the dirt off his clothing then decided he might as well bring them closer to the lake. This way he won't get his feet all dirty just to get to his clothing. Hell he may just fly back to his hut naked after he rinsed off and put the clothing on in his hut. He just will have Nishkath fly straight. It wasn't that far away.

Hearing Z'jan saying he will meet him in the lake brought a laugh from O'wain. He looked over at him and grinned. "You just want an excuse to see my behind some more, don't you? Enjoy the show!"

O'wain turned and headed towards the water with a swagger, completely happy to let Z'jan enjoy the view as much as the younger man wanted. O'wain was vane, he knew his body was in peak condition because he took great pains to keep it that way. His muscle was not just for show either, he was strong and he had good endurance and he didn't mind hard work, especially if it was satisfying his partner in bed. Or cleaning Nishkath. Or enjoying other forms of fun and challenges.

Once his feet touched the edge of the water O'wain sprinted forward and dove into the waves, letting his momentum take him far out into the lake before he surfaced, giving a loud enough Whoop to send a flock of wild wherries into the air.

"Now that is refreshing!" O'wain said, turning to see if Z'jan was making his way to join him in the water yet.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan couldn't help but laugh, a wave of relief washing over him. O'wain had given him his excuse, how handy was that! And as the brownrider turned and headed for the water, Z'jan found himself, inexplicable, doing exactly as he was told: enjoying the show.

[ghalath] having fun[/ghalath]

Z'jan started, cleared his throat by default. Though he kept his eyes locked on O'wain until the other had taken his dive into the waves. Then he broke ranks. He had probably a few seconds, at most, to get to Ghalath and get gone before the other rider surfaced, did his wonder-boy hair flip, then could once more see Z'jan. First choice would to be aireborn and soaring off to his hut by then. The idea going between naked was a less appealing second.

[ghalath] tell people when you leave[/ghalath]. But Z'jan was sprinting, and in no state to answer. His feet cut into the sand, bits of forest debris falling off like no longer need camouflage. [ghalath] it'd be easier [/ghalath]

Z'jan was nearly there. He heard O'wain's whoop. No! He wasn't going to make it. He was one of the fastest runners he knew, but the distance was just too far. He'd have to improvise. He slowed to a jog, catching his breath, trying to pretend he'd kept his pace this whole time.

O'wain shouted something he couldn't hear. Z'jan turned to look, gave a big fake smile (which probably looked genuine from this distance) and raised a hand. Yeah, Hi, still here, be there soon... yadda yadda.

Ghalath shifted as he arrived. Z'jan didn't see why, until he realized the green had been sitting on his clothes. They were covered in sand, and damp, oddly... Why are you sleeping on... and why are they wet?

[ghalath] the shirt blew into the water.[/ghalath] Z'jan eyed her dubiously. [ghalath]I got it back.[/ghalath] Then sat on it so it couldn't dry?[ghalath] I wasn't going to chase it all afternoon [/ghalath]

He grabbed the soggy bundle. The pants, in their proximity the shirt, were now wet as well. And sandy. Just thinking about the chaffing made him shudder. Now what? "Tell Nishkath that --" [ghalath] No.[/ghalath]

"Fine!" the whole thing was making Z'jan oddly irritated. He hated complicated things. Why was this becoming so damn complicated?! In a huff, he pulled on the wet clothes, gritting his teeth against the abrasive sand. The pants were a bitch to get on. Just like they were to get off, he recalled. Eventually he succeeded. He jumped up on Ghalath and the green flexed her wings.

[ghalath] home?[/ghalath] "No. Drop me over the water." Ghalath tilted her head back to look at him "Just do it. Please."

The green rumbled; took off. Her short wings had to punish the air in order to get the rest of her boxy frame aireborn. But once she was up there.... Z'jan savored the feeling of the wind against his face. The gusty whitenoise. Peace.

Ghalath looped over O'wain, low enough that Z'jan could jump without worrying too much about a perfect landing. He released the riding straps, stood up on her back, balancing precariously, and jumped.

[ghalath] you make no sense [/ghalath]

...but Z'jan was too busy free falling to reply.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nishkath watched Z'jan make a run towards his dragon puzzled by his reactions. As far as he could tell during his rider's lovemaking with the boy both were enjoying themselves. They were out of eyesight of course but he could feel the pleasure through the link he had with O'wain. Nor did he notice any new distress in Ghalath during the mating, only when he shifted in place.

As O'wain whooped Z'jan stopped his sudden run for his green and changed to a walk. Nishkath sat up onto his hunches, suspecting something was going to happen.

O'wain flipped his hair back and waved to Z'jan, seeing the younger boy finally reach his green. He definitely was talking his time to get to the lake. In truth, he was puzzled why Z'jan wanted to get to his dragon first.

"Why are you dressing?" O'wain shouted just as Z'jan wiggled into his pants. Perhaps he had not spoken loud enough for Z'jan to hear over the water. Just as O'wain was about to shout again Z'jan was mounting upon his green and launching into the air.

Nish, what are they doing? O'wain didn't know what ot make out of what was happening on the beach. Why would Z'jan mount up and fly away?

They aren't leaving. Nishkath informed O'wain, his head looking upwards to follow the green's movements.

Oh they are both coming into the lake to swim? O'wain noticed the green coming in low over the water and suddenly Z'jan was in the air, falling. No, he jumped? O'wain suddenly realized what Z'jan was doing, diving into the water from dragonback. Now that was something he had not done before.

By this time Z'jan vanished underneath the water over the deeper section of the lake. O'wain swam in the direction he saw Z'jan vanish beneath the waves, moving in slow steady strokes. He wasn't worried about Z'jan surviving the dive but he wanted to be closer.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan surfaced, spitting water, but otherwise fine. It wasn't the first time he'd taken a nosefull of lake, and it wouldn't be the last. He cleared his sinus, rather ungracefully, and gave a final cough. Spit. Already, he could see O'wain swimming towards him. He felt mixed emotions. Both unhappy at his self-thwarted escape (why had he done that!?) but also happy... happy that he hadn't been a total asshole.

Not a total slut, not a total asshole he thought defiantly at Ghalath.

The green circled overhead. She didn't seem interested in landing in the water. Once she was dry, she liked to stay dry. Her dark wings pumped at the air for several beats, then went still as she banked lazily overhead.

[ghalath] I am... proud?[/ghalath]

Z'jan tread water. Of course she was proud. He could feel it. So he didn't say anything. She could have the last word this time. By now O'wain was easily within earshot. Z'jan tread water with one hand, using the other to billow his pants underwater in an attempt to flush out the sand. It probably looked a little odd from above, though.

"Hey," he shouted "Just needed to rinse my clothes off. Ghalath was using them as a pillow."

Then an odd thing happened. As O'wain got closer, still in all his naked glory, Z'jan got a funny feeling in his stomach. The same feeling he'd had when he'd woken up splayed across the brownrider. The need to get out.

He swallowed, watching the other rider approach. He'd been fine a second ago... he swore he had been... but now... he really should go. Yeah. Overhead, Ghalath drifted downwards towards the shore.

[ghalath] you tried.[/ghalath] And for once there wasn't even a hint of snark in her voice.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Why put them on though?" O'wain shouted when he heard Z'jan's explanation. It must have chafed a bitch to pull on sand crusted clothing over the detritus from their romp in the woods. This was one strange boy. "Nice dive by the way,  I never considered using Nishkath as a platform to dive off of."

I am not sure I like the idea, what if you missed the lake and landed on your head? Nishkath's eyes whirled with a slight tinge of orange.

My aim isn't that bad and the lake is large. The only way I would miss if it's pitch black and I can't tell what's land and what's water. But if it makes you feel better we can do it over the ocean.

That may be better.

"It's getting late so I am heading in, want a few minutes to dry before I get dressed." O'wian would stay longer and tease the boy but he was hungry and Nishkath will need to be flown straight since he ate  that day.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh, you know..." god think of something fast "it's hard to hold onto them when you jump... you know?"

[ghalath]good enough [/ghalath]

"And thanks. I probably shouldn't have dove, but... whatever." He smiled, sorta. "You should try it. Really. If Nishkath will let you. Ghalath loves it, and I've a lot of practice, so I don't fuck up too often. But not all dragons feel the same way."

He ducked his head underwater long enough to fully shake out his shirt, and ruffle the forest dirt from his hair. He rose again after only a second. But it was as though that moment underwater had changed everything. He listened to O'wain, not quite sure if he was hearing right. Time to leave? And Z'jan didn't have to try to hatch some new idiotic ruse, or transparent lie? He'd take it.

"Yeah, I should probably go too." he smiled. A smile of relief... though he hoped that part wasn't too obvious. "Still hungry, I might add." He shot a pointed look at Nishkath, and managed a slight grin.

Giving O'wain a moderately wide berth (that he hoped looked casual) Z'jan began swimming for shore. He looked back once at the brownrider. He liked the guy well enough. The sex had been great. So...

Is it just him... or am I like this everytime?

Ghalath didn't answer right away. She touched down on the shore near Nishkath, flapping her wings a few times and then letting them linger half folded over her back. Her head turned towards Z'jan, swirling eyes watching him breastroke to shore.

[ghalath] you can always change[/ghalath] she said simply [ghalath]but you don't have to[/ghalath]. Z'jan considered this, lake water splashing into his face and the light fading ever more quickly. She was right.

But it didn't make him feel any better.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain laughed when Z'jan pointed out it was hard to hang onto the clothes when jumping. "A very good point, Z'jan."

"I definitely intend to give it a try, it looked like fun. Nishkath think I would miss the lake and hit the shore but I am not going to jump from 1000 feet in the air," O'wain called back.

I would never let you jump from that high but if you insist, we can try the jumping over the lake, or the ocean a few dozen feet above. You have jumped from my back when I was in the water, this wouldn't be too much difficult I don't think.

"Nishkath just told me he's willing to give it a try, but not tonight of course." O'wain looked to share where Nishkath was sitting, eyes glowing blue. He also noticed Ghalath had landing and was waiting for her rider.

O'wain started to swim towards shore himself, taking his time as this swim didn't feel like a race just yet. Once he was about waist deep in water, he stood and walked the rest of the way to shore. He flipped back his wet bangs as he left the water. He wasn't at full attention anymore but more the semi solid state he typically was in. O'wain headed for where he left his clothing.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'jan got to shore, his clothes pouring water out onto the sand. His pants suctioned to his legs, making walking difficult. He squeezed out some of the excess water from his shirt, revealing the line of skin around his waist, but otherwise making a point to keep himself moderately covered.

Without meaning too, he noticed O'wain's quasi hard-on. Seriously? This guy was something else. In some ways, it made Z'jan feel inadequate. But that was probably his competitive masculinity talking. He swallowed, looking away. A silence had descended over the two men, and Z'jan had no idea what to say to break it. Or if he even should.

Ghalath eyed his approach. [ghalath] you're going to get me all wet. [/ghalath]

It's still hotter than a wher's ass. Trust me, you'll dry

Ghalath didn't have to crouch for Z'jan to mount. She was small enough, and he acrobatic enough, that with a few big steps and a hop he was astride his green.

He looked back at O'wain, gathering his clothes. Should he say something? He probably should.

let's go

Ghalath didn't need anymore encouragement. She sprang from the ground in her typical rough take-off. Z'jan focused on the horizon, the faint forms of Katila weyr spreading out to the West. He immediately began to feel better. Not necessarily for leaving O'wain behind, but for all the possibilities and adventures that were yet to come. Already the past was fading in his mind. Katila, the strange secret weyr of huts and drenching humidity, always had another surprise or two lurking.

But first, a shower.

Writing at work, so not the best post. Feel free to reply, but I think this is Z'jan's final post of this thread. If you're also done, I can mark it finished xD

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

O'wain picked up his small cloth and pulled that on, his body already drying in the sun and breeze. He thought back about his romp with Z'jan and felt it was well worth repeating if the young man wanted another romp in the future. He was going to suggest it when movement caught his eye and he turned just in time to see Ghalath take to the air, Z'jan on her back.

He gave a wave at the rapidly ascending pair, puzzled why Z'jan left so quickly.

I never had a partner run so fast..do you think he had not enjoyed it? O'wain's thought was full of doubt.The only time he recalled a sexual partner not being satisfied was his first fumbling encounters as a boy. He learned so much since then and it had been turns since anybody expressed displeasure at waking up beside him. O'wain could excuse that with flightlust too, he ended up in bed with somebody who would normally never be in bed with a man. It happens.

I do not know why they left, Ghalath won't respond to my inquery. The brown's tone sounded a little hurt.

I don't think it has anything to do with you Nishkath, it seems Ghalath is just not big on talking to dragons she doesn't know all that well. Give her time and I am sure she will see just how wonderful you are.  O'wain decided he will give it a few days or a week depending on his schedule then have a talk with Z'jan, find out if he had regrets or something. As far as O'wain could tell the man gave no signals he wasn't completely in agreement to the coupling. Yet his behavior after they woke up from their after sex nap was odd. Maybe it was something that Z'jan did every time he experience good sex.

Pulling on his shirt he flipped back his damp hair then mounted Nishkath. "Lets head back home, I am starving since you ate my dinner. I should have you cook my dinner for me because of that."

I can catch another wherry for you to eat but I most definitely cannot cook it unless I consume firestone.

O'wain laughed, the image of Nishkath diving down and breathing fire on a spitted wherry was rather humorous. Nevermind,  I can find food in the dining hall, there should be food left by the time we return.

After that O'wain settled comfortably between Nishkath's neck ridges and gave the signal to fly. With powerful wing beats Nishkath gained attitude and was soon gliding towards their hut.

>>FIN<<

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)