World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Pity Party (With Booze) [R'nd, Rhaedalyn]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"I can't believe I opened my fat mouth!" I'shan lamented as he hastily tossed some vegetables in a pot of water. His fire lizards were all assembled close by, hissing and jostling as they watched, knowing that a frantic cooking session usually resulted in discarded scraps. Sadly, this particular meal yielded only veggies so far. There was no meat in sight.

I'm sure it will be fine Ilveriath said thoughtfully, even though he wasn't actually sure. I'shan had a way of making things worse for himself. The dragon reassured him anyhow, keeping his concerns quietly internalized and letting out a physical sigh. Poor I'shan...it never seemed to end.

I'shan fussed over his soup for some time. He wanted it to be perfect...it had to be! He'd already ruined a perfectly good, lighthearted conversation with his comical weeping! He had to make it up to them, he just had to! And already he'd done them a disservice...he didn't have anything to make dessert with! He would just have to make the soup extra perfect!

He'd upset them once already, and now he'd invited them over...he was going to have to tell them. He wasn't sure why that notion filled him with such dread, just that it did. He was filled with dread, and it had nothing to do with his friends. They were wonderful and supportive...he just hated to actually confront the source of his pain.

He seated himself and watched the soup simmer. It would be done soon, and he'd already poured some glasses of lovely light wine. He hoped they would be along soon...he was so sick and tired of being lonely.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Rhaedalyn had spent the rest of the day fretting over what she had said. Why couldn’t she keep her big mouth shut? She was glad that it seemed like R’nd wasn’t bothered by the idea he had smut written about him or that he hadn’t been told. She was even happier to see the bond of friendship between the two blueriders. It was nice having someone you could count on like that! Still, she owed both of them more than an apology, especially since she had made I’shan cry. How horrible did that make her?

It was why she had stolen a chunk of counter space in the kitchens so she could make a treat for the men for their dinner. Her pies were still lacking though they had improved quite a bit. Muffins were something she excelled at didn’t seem like the right gift for a dinner gathering. That left cookies. Cookies were fairly easy and quick as well, they were perfect! Or, so she hoped they would be once she was done with them.

By the time she had changed into a clean flowing dress that was modestly cut and casual yet fancy enough for a dinner party, Rhaedalyn had a container of cookies that were still a touch on the warm side. She had sampled one and found it to be delicious but ended up asking four more people to sample as well. Only when none of them cringed after the first bite did Rhaedalyn deem them a success and worthy of two of her three favourite blueriders.

Will you be all right in there? Aradissicath asked on their walk to I’shan’s hut – which she had to ask directions for half way there. “Of course I will be. I’m going to be polite and watch what I say this time. Thinking before speaking goes a long way after all.” It was just a shame she forgot to do that regularly and spoke on impulse and from the heart. What she thought was a genuine gesture often turned into a mess of misunderstanding or someone crying. Tonight would be different though!

“Hello, Ilveriath,” Rhaedalyn greeted the dragon that made her think of gorgeous summer skies with a few wisps of clouds. Why were dragons so beautiful and inspiring? Why would we be anything but? Rhaedalyn giggled lightly at the reply and skipped the last few steps to the door, her fears of the night falling apart starting to vanish. Ilveriath likely passed on her arrival but still Rhaedalyn felt it only polite to knock anyway and shifted the container of cookies to one hand to do so.

ooc: You can reply before R'nd meanders in. He likely let himself in after I'shan (and possibly Rhae) tags.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath crooned a greeting to Rhae and her gold as they approached. The blue dragon had a relaxed nature, but tonight he was particularly happy to have a little bit of help with I'shan. As gentle and quiet as the dragon could be, he did worry so about his bonded, and I'shan could be a handful at times. The little blueriders troubles were sudden, harsh, but fleeting. It was all Ilveriath could do to bolster him so they both might weather the storms.

Hello the dragon purred to Rhae and Aradissicath. I am so happy to see you both. The dragon's warm and inviting tone hardly betrayed just how happy he truly was to see them. How he wished I'shan had spoken to someone sooner! The blue hated how it always slipped his own mind to reach out to someone else for help.

A fair of enthusiastic flitters burst from the hut as I'shan swung his door open. "Hello!" he shouted, beaming, arms spread wide and eyes even wider. He smirked and quickly hustled the girl into his hut. Squee and Spazz were able to dart through the door in time, but poor Squeak, the weakest of the bunch, let out a cry as his nose ran into the door. Foiled again!

The little blue was fine, however. He appeared on the table, pawing at his bruised snout and huffing unhappily.  Spazz landed beside him and attempted to comfort him, but Squee was far more interested in trying to nest in Rhae's hair. Gently, of course.

Did I'shan do anything to stop any of this? Hell no. He could smell cookies. "Mmmm...that smells great!" he said happily. "Whatcha got there?"

He waved a hand atSquee, who remained undaunted.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“They’re called cookies, Shel. I thought you would know that,” R’nd replied for the goldrider as he let himself into the hut without knocking. He had a grin on his face, showing he was teasing his friend before going over to I’shan and slinging an arm around the man’s waist. “There’s some chocolate in there according to my keen nose. It’s attuned to sweets, you see.” R’nd added the last part with a wink to Rhaedalyn. He loved sweets, possibly a bit too much. No doubt if he didn’t exercise as much as he did, he’d be as rolly-polly as Larrikith!

Careful, I can easily tell her what you think of her size. R’nd barely contained the laugh that wanted to come out from that comment. Don’t you dare! She’d likely sit on me.

“Now, the real question is, what did you make for us, Shel?” R’nd was a huge supporter of I’shan’s cooking and always looked forward to meals made by his friend. Some of them were a bit more awkward than others given the other guests invited along but the food was always delicious. Unfortunately, he didn’t have anything to bring to the dinner this time and felt a bit guilty when he saw Rhaedalyn had made the effort. R’nd wasn’t that handy in the kitchen and felt poisoning his friend and a goldrider wouldn’t look good on him. His personal wine collection was almost gone and while he could have called in some favours, R’nd also knew how particular I’shan was with matching his wine to what he made so he didn’t risk bringing the wrong item.

They’d just have to settle for his charming personality and company for the evening instead. He’d always be there for I’shan though so there would be a time to make it up to him for another wonderful meal being served.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan grinned. Cookies? Why hadn't he thought of that himself? He loved chocolate, and he didn't get to have near enough of it these days.  "Cookies, huh? You really do spoil me, Rhae...Well, both of us, I imagine!" He couldn't assume they were all for him, now could he? He beamed and hopped back to his stove, taking the pot off the fire and setting it aside for just a few minutes of cooling.

"Vegetable soup," he said. "I would have used some herdbeast, but I didnt have enough time to cook it down..I figured better this than to waste good meat and serve sub-par soup," he commented as he rooted around for some bowls. He soon had them in place and quickly went to start spooning out portions. He bustled about, still speaking as he went, and soon had their places perfectly prepared.

He smiled, then pulled a chair out for each of them. He had to shoo his fire lizards away, ultimately resorting to tossing some scraps out the window to send them out in a whirlwind of color and enthusiasm.

His smile widened in those few seconds, then quickly dimmed. "Look, guys...Im sorry about how I acted earlier," he mumbled with distinct sadness. He flopped in his own chair and pulled his bowl close. He tested it quickly, partially to make sure it wasn't too hot for his friends, but also to stall for time. "I let something personal get the better of me for a moment...it was selfish." Big surprise there. He'd never noticed his own selfishness in the earlier years of his life but these days he couldn't stand it when he noticed it.

He huffed a little. "N'gelt left me again. It's been awhile now..." For I'shan, the confession was oddly minimal. Normally, he'd have been crying hysterically by now, but somehow he just couldn't bring himself to. He felt the hollowness inside, but he also felt...dry.

How many tears had he already spent on the brownrider?

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn looked shyly at her cookies as the men discussed them and interacted so wonderfully together. They were indeed chocolate chip and she was impressed with R’nd’s sense of smell but she still admired their friendship and ease around each other. That admiration only grew when they were ushered almost immediately to the table.

The cookies were set down to the side and she sat down, wondering if it really was okay to dine with the riders. She felt so out of place even though she was on friendly terms with both men. When the soup was given to her, Rhaedalyn finally beamed and inhaled slowly to savour the scent of a specially crafted homemade meal. It smelled wonderful and she couldn’t wait to dig in! She refrained when I’shan gave his apology and a frown replaced her smile as she watched the older bluerider for a moment. Why was he apologising? Hadn’t they already gone over all of that earlier? She still felt she had more to be sorry about than I’shan.

When the confession came that N’gelt had actually left him, Rhaedalyn covered her mouth with both hands to keep from gasping. She was so insensitive! She wanted to rush over and hug him but he seemed so calm about it. It was like it didn’t even bother him. Then again, he had said it was a while ago so the time needed for any healing may have helped in that moment. Still, she stayed seated and alternated between staring at her soup and the blueriders.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd was just as ready to dive in and enjoy dinner. He didn’t care if there was meat or not in his meal, vegetables were still important and I’shan had a way of making absolutely everything edible and leave you craving more. He actually made it further than Rhaedalyn by picking up his spoon and scooping up a bit of the soup before hesitating at the apology. Slowly the spoon was set back down into the bowl, the soup left currently untasted. He should have expected the confession but he hadn’t and it tore at his heart all the more for missing that such a thing had happened.

“Shel,” R’nd was behind I’shan’s chair and arms draping around his friend in a blink of an eye since he didn’t care about personal space or risking upsetting I’shan back into tears. “I’m sorry I didn’t notice he had finally left.” R’nd had further guilt over how glad he was the relationship had ended and how he hoped it was for good this time. N’gelt was horrible to I’shan, never giving him the attention his friend needed to flourish and at the same time keeping I’shan house-bound. R’nd knew he wasn’t much better by slipping again in not catching up with I’shan regularly but he made a mental note to stop skipping out on the visits when he thought about it.

“You can do so much better.” The offer to help I’shan find that someone went left unsaid since R’nd didn’t want to fully meddle and wasn’t too sure about if I’shan was ready yet. He could think of a few people off the top of his head though. Once, he would have had himself on the list. He adored I’shan and enjoyed their secret fling. That made R’nd nearly back away from his fellow bluerider. Did N’gelt ever find out about that? Was that the reason N’gelt left? Was he about to have another black eye courtesy of that brownrider? No, I’shan was too calm for such things. R’nd relaxed again and placed a quick kiss on I’shan’s cheek.

As he finally pulled away to find his own seat, keen eyes saw the way Rhaedalyn sat awkwardly, unsure of what to say or do. Poor girl was probably dying from guilt over her earlier comments. Instead of sitting, R’nd went over to the gold weyrling and treated her to the same backward hug and kiss to the cheek. “Cheer up, my lady. You didn’t cause this and we’re good at bouncing back. Besides, if anyone cries, their soup will end up too salty.” R’nd smiled and finally returned to his seat.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan stood there quietly, his expression stony and tired. He missed N'gelt, in spite of everything. The brownrider had really known how to make him feel special, at leas when he was invested. I'shan wasn't sure what had gone wrong. Had N'gelt just gotten tired of him? Did he never regain his feeling of worth after their first breakup? I'shan wasn't sure, but those were the two scenarios that dueled in his head most often. He knew N'gelt suffered much guilt concerning him, feelings of worthlessness and uselessness. N'gelt never did seem to feel like he was good enough after that first time. I'shan could relate. Even though he knew that was likely the cause, he couldn't quite shake that feeling that he was the problem.

The bluerider smiled weakly at the pair before him, his expression hollow and dreary. Still, he couldn't bring himself to cry. "..It's okay," he said eventually. His tone was pitiful, but it lacked the whining urgency that one might expect, especially considering the bluerider's selfish and showy habits. He rubbed his eyes for a moment and leaned into R'nd's kiss, only to paw helplessly at him a moment later when he peeled away.

I'shan felt a painful pang in the pit of his stomach. This was his own fault, he reminded himself. How had he not seen it sooner?

Maybe it was for the best, though. R'nd offer of finding someone didn't inspire much joy in the little bluerider, who felt legitimately lonely in that moment. He flopped in his seat and sighed. "Nah...thanks, though. It's stupid."

He felt like a little child, declaring something stupid just because he couldn't have it. He didn't know what it was he really wanted, though, so why bother? He didn't think he wanted N'gelt anymore, and he knew he couldn't have R'nd, at least not completely. He didn't want anyone else he knew, either.

All he really had these days was Ilveriath, the fire lizards, and Isharyn. Were he clever, he might have noticed the curious similarity to his mother, scorned and left all alone, only to conclude that she didn't actually need anyone. It would have been a lie, just like it was when his mother told herself that very same thing turns ago. He didn't like to think about her, though. When he thought about her as an adult, he started to see just how unhappy and terrible she was.

Ultimately, he forced himself to perk up. "R'nd is right, you know!" he said, a wide smile washing over his face. At least right now, he had some good friends. That always helped. "...I'll be fine, and it's no one's fault or anything.." Except mine. Or his. Or ours. Ugh.

He twitched.

"I really am sorry about earlier, though.." His face fell a little, his mood and expressions shifting as often as ever. "I shouldn't have lost it like that. I really...ought to be over it by now."

He pouted a bit. "Now then...there is something else to attend to. Um, R'nd...I need to tell you about something." He considered bouncing off to actually show R'nd the paper, but he held off on that.  He sort of wanted to keep it. Nothing sad or desperate about that...

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd still had yet to try the soup. With I’shan saying everything was fine – though R’nd didn’t believe him but would let it slide for the time being – he had attempted another spoonful but it didn’t make it to his watering mouth. Again, the spoon was slowly lowered as his gaze lifted back to his friend. Was he actually going to confess to N’gelt knowing everything about them and R’nd was a dead man walking? No, that still didn’t seem right. I’shan was still too calm and if there was serious danger, Ilveriath would have told Ayyonth by now.

So that meant the note Rhaedalyn had brought up earlier. The girl was currently focusing intently on her soup and was likely the only one to actually eat any of it while she tried to stay out of the conversations. The poor dear seemed terrified that she kept ruining things or intruding despite what she was told. R’nd left her to the soup for the moment and knew she’d either join in when she felt was appropriate or he’d return to reassuring her soon enough.

R’nd had wanted to ask for more details on the story about B’jin and him but he was both worried over what it would say and that it might upset his two friends that knew about it. They were both sensitive souls and wouldn’t want to make him angry or worried but I’shan was right. He needed to be told. “What is it, Shel? Spare no detail.” He’d likely regret saying that but right then, R’nd wanted to make sure he wasn’t in the dark on anything that concerned him and specifically B’jin.

ooc: You can post. I mentioned Rhaedalyn staring at and eating her soup since she didn't have much else to contribute in a post of her own.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Happy days. I'shan looked between them, biting his lip and drumming his fingers with a hint of anxiety, before speaking up. "Well..you know those letters that have been posted over the last few months?" Or how long had it been, exactly? Surely everyone had at least caught on to the rumors of the mystery-fiction by now. "...You know, the really raunchy ones, with the sex and all that?" Eloquent.

I'shan laughed weakly. It really was pretty funny, though the guilt was keeping him on his toes. He licked his lips a time or two before speaking up again. "...Rhaedalyn here found one featuring....you and B'jin." I'shan's face lit up as if on fire. He let out a pitiful laugh and dove back into his soup bowl for a few minutes before continuing.

"It was pretty bad," he said, on the verge of laughing and crying. "It was all...sappy and wispy and bleerrrggggh. It looked like some really, really desperate chick wrote it," he said. He nodded apologetically at Rhaedalyn, hoping he didn't think he was referring to her. He didn't think she would, but she did seem to easily worried that she was burdening people! Poor sweet creature!

I'shan's face brightened even more. "It was all about B'jin crawling to you and begging for it, like some sort of slut." Mmmm, B'jin. "And you being all...ruggedly manly and whisking him away in your arms. Then, you know, a ton of raunchy sex." Was all this a little bit too straightforward for Rhae's presence? She was a sweet young lady. But who was he kidding?  She was tough, too! She could handle it! Besides, who WOULDN'T want to hear about delicious erotic fiction of R'nd and B'jin?

I'shan crossed his legs awkwardly. "Um...sorry I never told you. Or B'jin." He winced a bit. "B'jin...seems like thew type who might...freak out a little?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Thanks to Rhaedalyn’s babbling at the river earlier, R’nd knew there had been a story written about him and while there had been a bit of time to process that and accept it, worrying over I’shan had trumped any serious effort and he had almost forgotten despite the urge to ask for details. I’shan’s reluctance to talk about it worried R’nd a bit but it couldn’t have been too bad considering it had happened so long ago and no one had approached him or B’jin. When I’shan paused to dive into his soup, R’nd followed suit. He knew when to pester his friend into talking and when to wait him out.

What I’shan finally explained was in the story shocked R’nd. He hadn’t expected such defined roles to be played out. He twitched a bit at I’shan calling B’jin a slut but refrained from doing anything stupid like punching his best friend since I’shan had only compared a poorly written fictional B’jin to a slut; not the real man. How could anyone write such nonsense? B’jin wasn’t the type to come crawling and begging! R’nd did see himself as somewhat rugged but he was among the first to admit he wasn’t the manliest of men at the Weyr. How many people had read the note and now believed it to be true? He tried to think back to times where someone looked at them oddly or smirked knowingly or made some passing remark but nothing came to mind.

R’nd frowned for a moment as he tried to work things out. The frown only increased at the idea of B’jin freaking out. “Maybe just a little,” he acknowledged, trying to downplay the idea of the greenrider panicking over what had been said about them and who saw it. No doubt B’jin would worry more over if his children had heard about it and if certain people like S’kef or N’mall knew and could use it against him. Maybe that was his own paranoia kicking in since he didn’t trust either brownrider and wanted to keep B’jin safe and as far away as possible from those men.

The frown was forced into a smile as R’nd shoved aside his fears and focused on making sure I’shan was not only okay but knew he wasn’t in trouble. “It was a good call on getting rid of the note and not telling us at the time, Shel. Thanks for looking out for us,” R’nd placed a hand on I’shan’s knee, not having noticed how much fidgeting his friend had done while telling the story. Even if he had, it likely wouldn’t have connected to I’shan being aroused and his innocent touch wasn’t the kind the man was craving.

ooc: Poor Rhaedalyn is quietly eating her meal and trying to pretend she's not there XD She doesn't have anything to add and feels all sorts of awkward, so go ahead and post if you like. ♥

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

HE'S TOUCHING ME

Stay calm. You are in the presence of a lovely lady, are you not? Compose yourself, my dear, and save your passions for closed doors. It was hard for Ilveriath to keep a metaphorical straight face. The dragon's amusement slipped through the cracks in his poetic response, but I'shan was too busy panicking to really notice it. The bluerider's pants tightened appropriately when he felt R'nd's hand settle on his knee.

That particular detail stuck out in the mans head. His knee, of all places? R'nd wasn't even touching an intimate part of I'shan's delicate body, but merely his knee. I'shan had to wonder if he'd truly become so desperate and needy! What was next, would he maraud about the Weyr trying to fool handsome men into lightly brushing his knee?  What was the world coming to?

I'm so pathetic I'shan sulked, biting his lip with sudden anxiety and sinking low in his seat, unintentionally threatening to bring his 100%-notmetaphorical boner into touch-range. As soon as the bluerider realized what he'd done, he took in a sharp breath an bolted upright in his seat.

"OH! A crawler!" he shouted, trying to cover for his odd behavior by claiming that creepy-crawly had attacked his feet. Of course, that explanation was rendered weak by the fact that his fair of flitters wasn't teaching the poor creature to bits. I'shan laughed brightly, then abruptly folded his hands in his lap.

"Soooooo," he purred, blushing. "Now that everything's aired out...yep! I'm single now. N'gelt hadn't even spoken to me in months now." There was a flickering of sadness in his voice, but the bluerider was able to cheerfully trample over it with another laugh. "How about you guys?  Rhaedalyn! You're such a lovely young lady, I'm sure the boys are lining up just for the honor of kissing your hand!"  He'd have asked about R'nd and B'jin, but well...that seemed like a terrible idea.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd’s obliviousness usually only showed early on when someone was falling for him and he was slow to pick up on it. Nowadays, it was part of what made up the relationship with B’jin. To miss all the cues and body language that I’shan had been giving off was something rather special to the playboy. It was only when I’shan startled did R’nd notice anything slightly off about his friend. His gaze had immediately drifted to his hand, thinking he had harmed or shocked I’shan before the explanation of a crawler came about. What R’nd saw instead of his hand made a brow quirk and a small crooked grin appear but he didn’t say anything.

In fact, it was likely a bit mean but when I’shan turned his focus to Rhaedalyn, R’nd couldn’t help but place his hand on I’shan’s leg once more and slowly let it wander up. They were sitting close enough together and with a table covering his actions that the light petting of the thigh he gave his friend wouldn’t be noticed by the sweet girl sitting across from him. He probably should have felt ashamed, and perhaps he did and that was why his hand didn’t dive for the fly of trousers.

ooc: Tiny post to let him have a reaction. He's trying so hard to behave lol Rhaedalyn will reply in a moment.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn still felt horrible for bringing up everything and causing both men such distress. It was becoming obvious that cookies weren’t nearly enough of an apology. What else could she do though? Perhaps she’d bake them each batch to enjoy. R’nd could share with B’jin and I’shan could sneak a bunch to his son. While the son was cute, that thought depressed her. One man could share with his mate and the other didn’t have one. It was so tragic! Rhaedalyn had no idea how she would handle a break up and hoped she never had to find out. Z’ia was showing interest in her and that was a good sign so perhaps she was dancing down the path R’nd had taken with B’jin?

At I’shan’s question, Rhaedalyn froze and slowly looked up at the blueriders. She had been trying not to eavesdrop on what she felt was a private conversation about the story and trust so she stuck to eating and not saying a word. Now, I’shan wanted to know about her love life? “Oh, um, there isn’t much to say, really.” A flush heated her cheeks as she realized her only experiences had been once with a boy that she let kiss her cheek when younger and then losing her virginity to R’nd so she could Stand. “I don’t really have anyone lining up for any reason.” There were far prettier girls in the Weyr and they were much more natural and at ease around men who showed interest in them. She was awkward and shy and it was only made worse when R’nya turned her down for the virginity issue. Indivara’s comment about her mass of hair still lingered in her mind as well and Rhaedalyn tugged on a strand of long curls.

“I do… well, there is someone I like and I think he feels the same way but we’re taking it slow.” She sounded so pathetic! Rhaedalyn suddenly couldn’t look either man in the face and went back to staring at her empty bowl. “The soup was lovely, I’shan!” Really? She couldn’t think of anything else to say about what she had with Z’ia and had to talk about the food? No wonder she was still single at twenty-five.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan slid forward, eager eyes locking on to Rhaedalyn as she spoke. His enthusiastic expression lined up coincidentally (but beneficially) with R'nd,s teasing touch; as the bluerider's hand slid up further along I'shan's leg, he was able to play his wide, playful grin as a product of Rhae's delightful hints about a love interest. Not that I'shan wasn't interested, of course! It was adorable to see Rhae so bashfully excited about a potential romance! R'nd's touch was just icing on the cake, so to speak.

The bluerider shivered. Damn R'nd and his teasing ways! The touches weren't even particularly close or intense, but I'shan's imagination was doing more than enough work to make up for that fact. "Mmm, who is it, if I can ask?" I'shan blurted, ignoring the shift in topic. His expression was intense and interested, but at the same time gentle. He had no interest in intimidating or upsetting the girl. I'shan's expression was purely friendly, perhaps even a bit too much so, and his questions sincere.

"I bet you're being too modest! You're sweet and charming...who wouldn't be interested in you? I bet this guy is a real catch!" I'shan insisted. Shiver shiver.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

She had walked right into this conversation and only had herself to blame. An attempt at switching the subject had been made but relationships were always far more interesting than discussing the current meal or weather. Since there was no way out of the conversation, perhaps she could try being vague and the men would lose interest in who she was interested in? They were all blueriders and she knew R’nd at least was a friend of Z’ia’s since she had seen them together a time or two before but they’d likely tease him all the same and he’d end up ignoring any interest in her to avoid further harassment about liking the awkward gold weyrling.

“Um… he’s a bluerider as well.” A quick glance was given from her bowl to I’shan before dropping her gaze again. Rhaedalyn sincerely hoped that he would take the hint. His compliments were nice though. Rhaedalyn didn’t fully believe them since she was fairly certain outside of Z’ia no one wanted her and people were only being nice to her either because R’nya scared them or because of Aradissicath.

Like she did with I’shan, a stolen glance was given to R’nd and she nearly died at the quizzical look he was giving her. Did he think she meant him? Everyone knew he was mated to B’jin and even if she did like him, Rhaedalyn would have ignored her own feelings to make sure that adorable couple stayed together forever. They gave her hope for true love and finding the one and only person for her heart. “Oh! R’nd, no… not… um, he’s not in this room and please don’t make me say his name because I don’t want you two to tease him.” She was so flustered! Her drink was quickly snatched up and a large swig taken.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilv! She's the cutest thing in the history of the world! I'shan squealed mentally, his eyes locked eagerly on  Rhae as she stammered through her adorable response. It really was a sight to behold, such legitimate and honest sweetness at work! "A bluerider?! You have good taste!"  I'shan purred, sliding his feet over to R'nd's and nudging it teasingly, though I'shan's exact implications went unstated. He had no idea or theory regarding who Rhaedalyn might be talking about, but everyone knew that R'nd was the Weyr's favorite playboy...so even if it wasn't about him, it was probably a safe guess and at the very least a fun joke!

Don't embarrass her! Ilveriath said with doting concern. He loved to feel his bonded in such an amused and elated state, but he also knew that I'shan was oblivious to other's emotions much of the time. It would be easy for I'shan's teasing, friendly though it was, to get out of hand. Upon receiving the warning, I'shan frowned. It's not like I'm upsetting her! he protested, but Ilveriath made no reply. He didn't have to. He could tell by Ishan's sudden flicker of modesty that he'd already made his point.

Instead of pursuing it, I'shan just smiled widely and leaned forward, chin in one hand and elbow resting on the table. "I'm sure he's dreamy," I'shan pured sweetly, quirking his brows scandalously. "I bet he's dashing and handsome...everything a pretty girl like you deserves." Perhaps there was a hint of wistfulness there...I'shan wasn't sure if he deserved a dashing, handsome man to prance off with. Rhae sure did, though! "I bet he's perfect. And to think, a goldrider going after one of us blues? You could make that fellow awfully lucky, Rhae!"

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn’s face was burning from how embarrassed she was. How did she end up being the centre of such a conversation? She loved gossiping about such things but not when they were about her! She could trust the two blueriders though. Both were so incredibly kind to her and trustworthy to the point where she knew they wouldn’t tell anyone since she asked and they were only harmlessly teasing her. She knew it but it still didn’t make it any easier to deal with as she fidgeted in her chair and played with her fingers nervously.

“He is,” Rhaedalyn gave a dreamy sigh to help punctuate exactly what she thought about Z’ia and his state of dreaminess. He was dashing and handsome and everything she could ever want in a man – except the height. He was much shorter than she always envisioned her hero of her stories and the man she would fall for but she had long ago accepted that fact and it no longer bothered her. “He’s definitely perfect. He’s kind, caring, and has a wonderful laugh. I’m the lucky one since he’s noticed me and wants to spend time with me.”

She knew she wasn’t supposed to be pining for a bluerider given her precious Aradissicath sitting outside but she couldn’t help it! It was possibly the one area she was having trouble accepting about the life she had been thrown into. There were plenty of lovely bronzeriders – like her dear friend R’nya – but why were they the only ones suitable for a goldrider to mate with? Brownriders were given the exception to the rule on rare occasion but the poor blueriders and even greenriders weren’t allowed to have such lofty dreams. She would change that if she was allowed. Or, why couldn’t she simply be mated with Z’ia and endure the flights with someone else? Everyone would be happy that way.

A cookie was grabbed to nibble on to help stop herself from gushing further over Z’ia and to prevent her from voicing such crazy ideas aloud. Rhaedalyn didn’t want anyone to think bonding to gold automatically made someone crazy! She knew how everyone viewed Tsuen and didn’t want that stereotype on her either.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd lightly smacked I’shan’s thigh in answer to the foot nudge. He was smiling, despite his shock of seconds earlier as he assumed the pretty girl was talking about him. He always hated having to break hearts as he told someone he wasn’t interested in a steady relationship no matter who they were. It always boggled his mind as well when someone wanted that since he had no idea how kind and attentive he could be to make others fall for him. He loved receiving attention so why not give it fully in return?

He was on board with I’shan’s way of thinking though; Rhaedalyn was ridiculously adorable with her crush on their fellow bluerider. It did leave R’nd wondering who the fellow was and as I’shan teased her and Rhaedalyn gave vague replies, he went through each bluerider in turn trying to figure out who would capture her heart. It was actually rather hard to do! The ones that immediately came to mind as someone she would be attracted to were mated and weren’t likely to ruin the relationship. So he tried to come up with a list of bueriders Rhaedalyn had been seen spending time with and even that was hard to do. The girl was high profile now thanks to her dragon’s hide but she seemed rather good at hiding all the same. He’d figure it out eventually, he was sure of it.

For now, he’d follow the girl’s lead and indulge in a cookie or two. He had such a sweet tooth! One was grabbed for himself with a large bite taken and R’nd nearly moaned from how chocolaty and delicious it was. Sweets were definitely a weakness and a way to his heart! Still, he was a generous man and held the cookie out for I’shan to take a bite of as well. “Your taste buds aren’t ready for this experience, Shel. If the two of you joined forces in the kitchen, I’d probably either never leave your table or you’d have to roll me home.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Don't thank me..." I'shan replied, his mind immediately drifting towards food. "...Thank my mother." He wasn't saying that sort of thing quite as often as he once did. Ilveriath suspected that I'shan's mother was less-wonderful than I'shan seemed to remember, and I'shan was slowly realizing the same. The fuzziness of his own memories didn't help her case, though the bluerider had no doubt that she loved him. It was less a matter of intention and more a matter of execution.

The bluerider eyed the cookies like a predator for a few long moments, then slowly reached over  to take one. He pinched it once to test it's texture, sniffed it a time or two to savor the scent, and finally took a moderate-sized bite out of it. "Oh, wow!" he exclaimed. It wasn't that he didn't expect them to be good, but he wasn't used to particularly high-quality (by his standards) cooking out of anyone around him. 'Wow," he repeated, grinning for a second before wadding the rest of the cookie in his mouth. "..I may need to steal your recipe for this one, Rhae..maybe I could trade you? I've got all kinds of old recipes laying around..." Surely the girl could make use of one of them!

Around that time, Squee reappeared. The fire lizard blinked into view and perched on the edge of the table, swirling eyes locked firmly on the cookies. Thinking himself stealthy, he hunched down on the table's flat surface and started to slowly inch forward. He advanced at an awkward crawl. I'shan didn't notice him of course, but the little brown was unlikely to go unnoticed by anyone more alert. The two blues reappeared as well, bunched up on the counter and watching with baited breath to see if their larger cousin would be successful. Maybe he would share!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)