World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Birthday Baths [Quenym]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
After the amusing but messy shared moment with Quenym and the flock of firelizards, it was definitely time for bath time. Casa skipped back to her quarters, dropping the basket off and putting the fur in for washing. It wasn't too messy, thankfully, but she wanted to make sure it got cleaned by it was used by anyone again. She also dropped off the platter in the kitchen and grabbed clean if patchy pajamas before heading off to the Bathing Houses.

Upon arriving, she looked around for a small and quiet room for her and Quenym to share. In one of the back corners, there was a sizeable room that seemed unoccupied. Satisfied, she walked in, grabbing towels for her and her friend. She also grabbed a couple bags of sand, for them all, and oil, for the lizards, as well as scrubbing brushes. With a yawn, she sent Kaylee and Edge off to find Quenym and lead him to this room.

Once the two were on their way, she gently unwound Knack from her throat, settling him onto a warm ledge above the pool. He cheeped sleepily, eyeing the oil with interest. She smiled, reassuring him he could be scrubbed and oiled with all the others once she was done scrubbing herself down. As she waited for Quenym to arrive, she began to fill the deep tub with hot water, shedding her clothes and folding them neatly before climbing down into the water with a delighted sigh.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Quenym went to get himself some fresh clothes, separating from Casa and heading off to his room. Lady and Sassy stayed on his shoulders, thankfully, keeping the mess to his own person instead of spreading it around his room, something he had been more than a little worried about. But they did need baths, and so did he from his long day. Quenym took what he needed and headed over to the baths, Kaylee and Edge popping in to lead him there.

When he got their, his eyes sought out signs of his friend. There! In the back corner, where Kaylee and Edge were happily setting on a ledge. And... And... And a pile of clothes were laying. And Casa was already in.

Quenym felt himself turns bit red, but he fought it down and went over himself, disrobing and tossing his clothes into a pile. Sassy and Lady went ahead and joined their clutch mates on the ledge while their Bonded slipped into the water himself. "Hey." Wasn't the most personable of greetings, but he felt so darned awkward! It was so weird. After all, he had been swimming with the other kids naked before. And now he felt self-conscious enough for the both of them!

He reached over for the soapsand. "Come on, turn around. You can get your back as good as I can, not at all!"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa anticipated Quenym before he arrived by the sound of the firelizards arrowing into the room and settling onto shelves. Smiling, she sunk lower in the hot, steamy water. As Quenym worked on disrobing, she ducked back into the water, soaking her hair and shaking it out like a wet canine. When he was in the water, she floated over, obediently turning around as he grabbed a handful of sand.

She murmured softly, her shoulders drooping as he worked the sand against her skin. The sand felt wonderful, scrubbing the layers of grime from poking about in dirt while it was hot and sticky away. She arched her back, leaning forward, until he was done, dunking herself under the water to wash it away. "That felt lovely, thank you," she said with a satisfied, sleepy look on her face.

Leaning forward, she grabbed a fistful herself, dunking him and giggling while she began to work on his back. She eyed the curve of his spine appreciatively, realizing he was muscular and likely to grow tall. He was handsome, almost she found herself thinking. Blinking, she refocused on the sand instead of him, finally backing away and grabbing sand to start working into her hair, eyes darting between him and the firelizards up on the shelf to distract herself from noticing him further.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Casa's skin was soft than he thought it would be, and she had the beginnings of curves that he noticed on the grown women. Quenym vaguely wondered of they would get to be like the other women... And then scrapped that thought from his mind with a small snort. She was a long way until that!

The sleepy look on her face when he was done was thanks enough. He grinned, but was unexpectedly dunked when she decided to return the favor. He came up spitting water and snorting, but her hands on his skin kept him from saying much. When Dae was done, he rinsed himself off and started scrubbing himself down. He was quiet, barely able to glance over now and then.

But the silence was unbearable. "Definitely not sure how I'm gonna beat this yet, but you bet I will!" Quenym finally asserted to her. "First flits, and now a birthday. I don't even know how you do it! But I'll have you beat, that's for sure!" A puppy, possibly. That would be a good start. She seemed like a girl that would need a big dog to protect her and be her companion.

He finished scrubbing himself off and motioned for Sassy to come to him. "Here, girl, come on. You got yourself as dirty as I was!" He exclaimed to the little flit. His eyes darted up to Casa. "You weren't nearly as filthy. We've gotta change that. A good day isn't a day without lotsa dirt!" And then he paused. "Casa, you got a dad, right? He doesn't mind you being out this late?"

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa's eyes slid over him one final time before she leaned back, washing her hair out. She went back to scrubbing herself. She was efficient in cleaning herself, wasting no time getting every bit of dirt off of her skin. She may be all about exploration, but the one thing she prided herself on was cleanliness. She made sure she was always clean by the end of the day.

Once she was sure the rest of her was spotless, she brought down Edge first, clicking at Kaylee to stay. The little green chirped sadly, but sat on the edge of the tub, watching as Casa ran the warm water over her brother's wings and body. She dipped herself into the tub, paddling around and chirping a song as she waited for her turn. As she grabbed a small amount of sand and begin to work it into his hide, she turned back to Quenym.

"R'sin? LET me stay out?" She smiled and shook her head. "Nah. Papa's a good dragonrider, but he wasn't even involved in my life until I was old enough to rationally communicate with him. He tries to be involved now, but he had no authority over me, beyond if I get in trouble. I'm as free as a bird. Most riders don't stay overly involved with their kids, you must know that."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I do. Mine happened to give me over to the crèche, remember?" His smile was wry. "Just figured that I'd ask since I've seen you and him together now and again." He lightly splashed some water in her direction playfully, then continued to scrub Sassy down. Lady decided she want to play in the water with the other flits, and landed on it, dipping her head in and attempting to clean herself off as best she could.

Then his eyes crept over to Casa once more. He was so uncomfortable. Being near her like this was making funny feelings twist in his gut, ones that he wasn't quite sure what to do with. Quenym pursed his lips, the reached out to pet Edge as she washed him, getting every crack and crevasse clean. Lady slipped from his fingers, done, and Lady waited for him to start on her.

He brought his hands back to himself. What on Pern was he doing? Tired. He was tired, and that was it. He definitely didn't want to reach out and hold Casa's hand, no he didn't! And... And... And his teenage musings were brought to a halt.

Yes, he did.

Quenym wasn't sure what to think of it yet, but he was never one to shy away from a challenge or adventure. Casa was both. Or at least did both with him, and that was almost the same thing. And it wouldn't hurt to do it... Just once...

Ignoring the flits in their hands, Quenym leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers in a brief, childish kiss, pulling away as soon as he was certain that he now knew what her lips felt like on his. Blinking owlishly at her, he tied to see what her response would be.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

She had been so focused on chattering with him idly and cleaning every little bit of Edge's skin that the kiss caught her completely off gaurd. She let go of Edge, who declared he was done with being scrubbed, thank you VERY much. He chirped loudly and ducked beneath the water, shaking off water on everyone around him once the sand was gone. He curled up on the ledge, curiously chirping at Quenym, his thoughts full of question and affection.

Casa blinked, leaning back. He had kissed her. Kissing was what adults did, especially when they were...having relations. She sure wasn't ready for that. However, she considered thoughtfully, kissing is what relatives did to show affection. It was also what good friends - at least the adult ones did - to show care. Those ones were normally between very very close friends, though, and on the cheek. Maybe he had meant it as a friendship kiss? And not a lover's kiss?

That trail of thoughts brought her to how she felt about Quenym. He had always been a friend first, but she couldn't deny that she had noticed him slowly becoming a man. Not in that gross manly way, of course, but he was growing up, just like she was. She realized she probably had a crush on him, and considered that for a second. It was something to review later. For now, she did like him (even if she wasn't ready to admit it) and he was her best friend.

These thoughts tumbled through her mind in a matter of seconds, and she pulled away when he was done with a quirky smile on her lips. It had left nice, if rushed. He had a soft mouth. That was nice. She just blinked at him, a sideways smile of half-approval, half-amusement on her face before clicking for Kaylee to come to her.

The green chirped happily, dipping through the water into her bonded's hands for her turn at a good scrubbing. Her croons of enjoyment filled the empty silence, and Casa took a small breath, picking up where she had left off. "So. What are the plans for tomorrow, wingsecond?" Her cheeky smile did nothing to hide the fading hint of color in her cheeks.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Quenym was startled, confused, and dismayed by the way she had smiled at him and then called for her other flit. He had kissed her! Didn't that matter at all?! He didn't even hear her question over the ringing in how own ears. For a few seconds, he merely gaped at her. And then he suddenly found his voice. "Kiss wasn't that great for me, either. Maybe if I went and did it to someone that properly looked like a girl 'stead of a guy with the wrong parts..."

He let it trail off, scrubbing Lady rather furiously, much to her dismay. She squawked and wrested away from him, depositing herself on the ledge and out of reach, Sassy trilling with laughter.

Quenym just snorted at that betrayal, not bothering to look over at Casa. He couldn't bring himself to speak, too full of disappointment and anger and confusion. Why didn't she respond? Didn't she care? That ridiculous cute smile of hers just goaded his temper over the edge.

But that meant he was fighting, and fighting meant that they would both hurt. After a few moments, Quenym looked over his shoulder at her. "Sorry." It was quiet, remorseful, and the only thing he would say on the matter unless she wanted more.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa blinked as Quenym snapped at her, completely taken back. She hadn't meant it to be rude! She had rather enjoyed the kiss, she just didn't know how to express that. Frowning, she looked down, blinking hard to fight back the surprising tightening of her throat. He was mad at her and hadn't understood what she had meant at all.

"I didn't realize I didn't properly look like a...a girl." She didn't act girly, and she didn't mind being a tomboy. But she'd never been told she was wrong before. She ducked her head under water, letting it wash away the almost tears before returning to Kaylee. The little green crooned softly, almost worried, but Casa waved it off, returning to her tender scrubbing before rinsing the little green off. There was no point in crying over something so stupid. It was just a kiss, like she got from R'sin. It didn't mean anything, and there was no point to get upset about it.

Pretending he hadn't yelled at her, she shrugged it off with an easy enough smile, clicking Kaylee to dry before oil and gently lifting Knack into the water. The brown rolled around, getting himself all nice and slick before she scrubbed the sand into his hide. He mock-growled in joy, fluttering his wings in the water. She merely sat there, working the sand into his hide quietly.

She didn't know what to say to him, not after that. As Knack climbed onto the ledge to dry, she grabbed the oil and a rag and waited for Edge to stretch out on the edge of the tub for oiling. He obliged, tail twitching contently. "There's...oil here enough for us to oil all five of 'em." It was all she could think to say in the uncomfortable silence.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Her words about it looking like a girl left him speechless. Okay, maybe not the words themselves, but most certainly the almost-tears she had in her eyes and the kicked puppy expression she had on her face did. Quenym was left fumbling for words. He had hurt her, his Casa, and did it in a very cruel way.

"Dae..." He swum a bit closer so that he was by her side. "Dae, 'm sorry. Didn't mean it like that. It.. It's just..." He let go of Lady so that she could take wing to the ledge. "You look like a girl! And even if you didn't its fine!" Quenym winced at his own words. That was the most terrible apology ever! He took a deep breath and started again, gently reaching out to take her wrist.

"You look like a girl." Okay, that was a good start. "And... And I think you're pretty even when you're covered in dirt. Especially then." Because it meant she was playful and liked to get dirty and liked to be with him most of all. "And I really liked the kiss." A bright red blush had worked its way across his cheeks at his point. His next words were barely above a mumble. "And maybe sometime I'd like to do it again."

His eyes had slid away at that, but quickly raised again to hers. "I don't mean that I wanna kiss like the guys chasing the greenies or the riders at the gathers and feasts and stuff, but... But... Ya know! And I don't want to tumble ya either." Small lie. He was fairly sure he did - or at least would want to soon enough - even though he wasn't sure how to go about it or even that he was fully ready to. But a year and maybe a talk with me of the riders who did it and maybe he would be ready.

"But... Yeah. I liked the kiss a lot. And your real pretty. So..." He hoped that Casa would say or do something soon. He was going to explode like this if she didn't! How red could he get?! At least she hadn't made him say that he liked her-liked her or was in love with her or some nonsense like that. He was like Ryvian or his twin, able to 'appreciate a fine woman'. He also rather thought Flora was cute and was hoping she would be up to trying a kiss out with him once or twice as well.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa watched him fumble through two or three attempts at apologizing, and after a moment, she sighed and offered him a lopsided smile. Grabbing him, she pulled him next to her, her head resting on his shoulder as they snuggled close. "Apology accepted, you dumb wherry," she whispered into ear. "I couldn't stay mad at you if I wanted to. You are my very best friend." She simply rested there for a moment, absorbing what he had said.

She definitely liked him, but she wasn't sure what kind of like it was. It wasn't love, like with the weyrmates. Maybe it was a like-like? Hmm. She wasn't sure. She always felt better whenever she was with Quenym. That could be a maybe like-like. But there were other boys in the weyr too, and some of them were handsome or friendly. She could see them together down the line - not that she wanted to say that just yet - but it wasn't fair to just bind them up now, was it?

After mulling it over in her head, she turned to look at him. "Awright. Let's come to this agreement. I'm your best friend, and you are mine. And we'll ALWAYS be there for each other, no matter what. I liked the kiss too, and...and maybe down the line, we can explore that a little more." She blushed slightly, but kept talking. "But as we get older and even maybe Impress, there are gonna be others that might be interested. So...so let's stay best friends, closest confidants. Always there for the other. But...but we can see if we like others too, and then come back and compare notes and see how things go."

It made her blush even worse to say it, but she was willing to bet Quenym would be agreeable to it. It gave them the option to kinda explore others and come back and share notes, and down the line...well, she wasn't ready to give him up to others completely. She hid that thought from him for now though, because it made her all shivery and delightful. That was a secret sort of thought.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Quenym wrapped his arm around her when she pulled him close, surprised and pleased by this turn of events. Her acceptance of his apology made him smile, and he didn't protest being called a wherry or dumb. He listened as she talked and offered a good suggestion about what they could do.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her for a quick hug before letting her go, a light blush on his cheeks. "Sounds good ta me. I wasn't offering to be a Weyrmate or anything, I just... Thought you were pretty enough ta kiss for a moment there. If I had ta make a choice, you'd be my best friend always, rather than a lover. And I don't wanna lose that. So... As long as you're willing ta be my friend no matter what, I don't care want ya do with anyone else. Or maybe with me someday, iff'n you want to of course." Quenym ran his fingers through his hair.

For a moment he was silent, and then a smile crept up his face. "Besides," he started, throwing a sideways glance at his blonde friend, " if we're gonna go around kissing others, we gotta get some practice in first! We don't wanna go and make fools of ourselves and get laughed at. But... Ya know. It can wait. I just wanted to see what kissing was like, and now I know, so I'm not in any rush." Quenym shrugged, throwing his last words out nonchalantly. "Don't think I'll be looking to do it often until later."

More like he was too embarrassed and confused over what had happened to attempt it again for a long while. Especially after her offer...

He grasped Lady and began to oil her up, the green crooning at him with enjoyment at the attention. Sassy squawked at him, flitting up to dive at his hair in irritation that she wasn't going first. "Hey! Wher-bred slut!" He swore at her, batting his arm around to get her to leave him alone. "Casa, I adore that you found those eggs and that I got a flit, but MAN. I gotta be unlucky with this one!" The green finally settled on the ledge once more, hissing at him.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)