World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

His Good Deed for the Day [Open!]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
That went better than I expected Ilveritah said languidly as he blinked into being, his glossy hide melding nicely with the clear skies around him. He twisted his lithe body to one side and began a spiraling descent, eyes locked mirthfully on the thin form of his rider below.

I'shan emerged from dining hall with a half-amused, half-disappointed expression on his face. He was dressed in some of his favorite clothes, a harper-blue tunic paired with white pants and neatly laced black boots. He delicately brushed some crumbs from the front of his tunic and cast his eyes skyward, where he saw the dragon's lazy descent and broke into a wide smile.

If nothing else, I feel important now! I'shan said, watching eagerly as Ilveriath swooped in for a careful landing. Breakfast with the Weyrleader!

The dragon back-winged a few dragonlengths off and settled daintily into the grass.  I'm glad it was pleasant. Your manners impressed me. How unlike you, to show such mercy the dragon said with approving warmth and just a tiny sliver of playful teasing. Indeed it was unusual for I'shan to go out of his way to spare an adversary a bit of pain. Usually the finicky man enjoyed watching his enemies squirm a bit, but this was an unusual circumstance. He wasn't enjoying it quite so intensely this time.

Or perhaps you feel guilty Ilveriath chimed, giving his rider no chance to verbalize the defensive comeback brewing in the back of his mind. I'shan narrowed his eyes and stifled a giggle before breaking out into a trot, sliding up beside his dragon and tossing both arms around the creature's neck. "You are a beast," I'shan whispered against the dragon's hide.

Ilveriath rumbled in pleasure and slouched into the grass, dragging I'shan with him. The dragon relaxed on his side, wings sprawled and neck curled lovingly around his now-kneeling partner. I'shan stroked Ilveriath's hide lovingly and let out a thoughtful sigh. "What else was I to do, love? That boy has suffered enough because of me," he said. It still stung a bit, even considering the thought that he may have been wrong. He was satisfied though -and perhaps even a bit too satisfied - that he'd done what he figured was the right thing. Ilveriath suspected his bonded was doing the right thing for the wrong reasons, but didn't bother to say anything about it. I'shan tended to do as he pleased, and his actions rarely made a lot of sense. It was more fun that way anyhow.

I'shan cut his eyes away for a moment. In truth, he wasn't entirely willing to let it go. Ilveriath's point from the previous evening was a strong one, though; it was a bit immature for the bluerider to blackmail a candidate. And no mater how powerful his grudge, I'shan found it hard to play the victim when it came to the candidates he'd stolen. The kid didn't have to be a complete jerk, though. I'shan hadn't exactly meant him harm, though...well, maybe laughing at him was a bit much.

Still!

Feeling petty, I'shan dismissed the topic entirely. "Let's just relax!" he moved. Stomach full and conscious clear, the bluerider collapsed in the grass beside his dragon. I'shan still felt a good measure of spite towards Erisi. He figured the little snot deserved some comeuppance, but it was in the Weyrleader's hands now. Determined to relax and completely willing to ignore his problems, he sighed as he felt the soft grass below him and the warm sun on his skin.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Blue. A big Blue. That was the first thing Lymsleia noticed, as she existed the dining hall and  happened upon I'shan and the great blue lump.  The healer-woman surveyed the situation as she approached the pair. She walked slowly, breakfast had been good this morning. There was no rush, the meal had consisted of eggs, and meat, and bread. A delicious omelette-sandwich that she'd enjoyed. The omelette had been cooked well enough to her liking. The eggs weren't runny at all and the meat and vegetables had tasted somewhat spicy, though she couldn't be sure of the cook's spice mixture.

Healing herbs could be used to cook with, and she was sure there were a few she recognised by the flavor had been masked by the hunger she had felt. She tossed the piece of red fruit in the air as she walked. Up and down, coordination and determination on her face. "Good Morning!" she called out cheerfully, to I'shan and Ilveriath  with a bright tone.  As she approached, from her pocket she removed a second red fruit and began to juggle the pair of them.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
For once, R'nd was awake in the early hours of the morning and with little complaint. All right, he ammended his thoughts, there  had been the usual complaining of waking before he felt was an appropriate hour but Ayyonth had insisted it was the perfect morning to bathe and be pampered. R'nd had agreed though he wanted to be pampered, not do it. But, like always, once they arrived at the river and settled into the routine of scrubbing, washing, and oiling the cerulean hide, R'nd forgot about the rude awakening and the early start to his day. Although next time he'd try to get Ayyonth to pester Kerrin into giving the crack of dawn bath. That thought had him smiling brightly as he sauntered towards the Dining Hall to grab something from the tail-end of the meal.

That had been the goal anyway, until he saw Ilveriath looking rather comfortable in the grassy portion of the gather square. It didn't take him long to spot I'shan sprawled out beside the blue and R'nd's already sunny disposition brightened that much more at seeing a friend he hadn't been able to catch up with lately due to their tasks and the drama that kept cropping up with announcements and rumours. With a bounce to his step, R'nd came up upon I'shan to stand at his head and looked down, smiling brightly, "good morning, I'shan."

His arrival and greeting came at the same time as another and more curious than startled at the female voice calling out for one or both of them, R'nd glanced up to see a cheerful dark-skinned woman heading their way. Still smiling, he responded in kind, with a slightly more flirtatious tone now in his voice, "and a good morning to you as well, young lady." It took only a moment but R'nd placed her as the woman that had argued with D'ren and Tsuen after the announcement was made that women were encouraged to have babies and not Stand anymore. He wasn't sure what they were in for but he was never one to turn his back on a new face without getting to know the owner a little first and it wouldn't be fair to judge her solely on that one impression when everyone's emotions were high.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath noticed their approaching company before his rider did. It was to be expected, since I'shan was rather oblivious much of the time. Ilveriath, by contrast,  was observant enough for both of them. Ayyonth approaches, along with his bonded the  blue purred, twisting in the grass and resting his wedge-shaped head beside his rider. As well as a girl who is unknown to me the beast added.

I'shan sat up swiftly, his slender body sliding into a sitting posture without any effort. A quick scan of the square revealed both figures; that of a familiar bluerider and an unfamiliar girl. I'shan waved at each of them in turn, though admittedly his friend recieved his first attention. I'shan liked the younger bluerider; R'nd was playful and outgoing enough to be lots of fun, and didn't tend to get hung up on how I'shan got himself into messes here and there.

"It's been a while," I'shan purred as he rose from the grass, taking a moment to dust a few stray pieces off of his clothes. He beamed at R'nd and extended one hand for a shake. "How's it going?"

Ilveriath lifted his thin neck and turned his eyes on Lymsleia. He didn't greet her verbally, but he did crane his neck closer to give her a good sniff-over. I'shan spun around. "Well, look at that..." he said in a soft, rolling voice with just a hint of amusement. Ilveriath was on the friendly side, though he lacked the vigor of, say, the Weyrleader's bronze.

"You look familiar," I'shan said pointedly.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymlseia stiffened. She was silent, and distracted as R'nd's voice made her freeze. She exhaled, composing herself.  Voices like that should be banned. She tried to force herself to smile, only to have it stolen. The smiled turned into a very goofy looking grin. She couldn't make herself smile straight at all, and kicked herself for the silly sudden attraction, at the sound of a voice. She found her eyes wandering from the very masculine R'nd to the still extremely attractive I'shan. Back and forth, forth and back.

She had to beat down the urge to go and hug R'nd, an absolute stranger to her. Maybe Kuminari had been right to disapprove of her responses to things. She knew Kuminari disapproved of her, but now she saw it in herself. She straighten up and knelt to pick up the fallen redfruit. How silly of herself, juggling while walking. She glanced up, The blue, the two riders. She mused a moment. "Lymlseia." she offered her name  as she reached for the fruit. She glanced at the blue dragon, and to his rider, and then to R'nd.

"Mind if I sit?" she asked holding out the fruit in offering to the pair of riders. "I absent mindedly carried theses with me, no point in wasting them if you're hungry." she looked up at the blue. "Hello, there." she knew that curious sniff, and simply held still. Why did dragons like to smell her? Was she made of dragonnip?  She pondered. "Would you two mind helping me with an... experiment?" she asked R'nd and I'shan.. "Well you're dragons, mind... helping me?"

Lymsleia frowned at how awkward  and random the question seemed. But she'd just blurted it out. No way to stop now.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Too long in my opinion,” R’nd clasped hands with I’shan even as he wrapped his free arm around the man’s neck to drape himself in an over-friendly manner that was reserved for only a handful of people. He liked I’shan; the man was laidback and knew how to have fun and R’nd approved of both of those aspects. Just like he approved of the taste in fashion and the way he carried himself. It didn’t surprise him in the least that they had turned their casual greetings into a proper friendship after he had bonded with Ayyonth. A quick glance to the dragon in question showed him settling in next to Ilveriath where they would likely do their own form of sharing gossip and catching up. “You’ll have to tell me about the mischief you’ve been into lately but first, it would be rude if we ignored a lady any longer.”

R’nd watched with interest as Lymsleia seemed to lose her composure before stumbling to recollect what she could. He was used to such reactions, knowing he was considered handsome, something he unashamedly used to his advantage regularly, but this poor girl also had the added bonus of I’shan’s pretty face overwhelming her.  It was a wonder she could still speak! “The pleasure is all ours, my dear Lymsleia, and no, thank you. I wouldn’t deprive a lady of the sweet nectar of redfruit.”

But the continuation of what R’nd attributed to being nervous babbling caught him a bit by surprise and left him baffled. What sort of experiment could she want that involved them, or rather, their dragons? If it involved altering their appearance she would have better luck tracking down Grith but the only way to find out was to ask. Still perfectly at home with using I’shan as a leaning post, R’nd quirked his head to the side in consideration and smiled, “that depends on what you have in mind and if Ayyonth and Ilveriath agree.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes widened playfully and he shifted his weight to one leg, hands planted firmly and almost sassily on his hips. "Mischief indeed, friend!" he said lightly, with just a little bite. He sure had some stories to tell! They probably weren't appropriate around the girl, though, since Erisi may well have been a companion of hers.

I find it unlikely that the boy has many companions Ilveriath said, tone tainted ever so slightly with humor. The dragon rocked backwards, neck curled into a shapely 'S', and eyed Lymsleia with curiosity. He cocked his head slightly to one side and flickered his slender forked tongue like a terran snake. This girl proposes an experiment he said smoothly. I am curious

I'shan lifted the offered redfruit to his mouth and took a delicate bite. It wouldn't do to get the juice all over his nice tunic, after all. "I agree with R'nd," he said pointedly. "It's up to them. What is it you have in mind, ma'am?"

His eyes flickered to R'nd. I'shan suppressed his innate desire to grin. R'nd sure is laying it on thick he thought with confident mirth. I wonder if he's making eyes at this girl. he thought. Ah, you fiend!

Are you going to tell him about N'gelt? Ilveriath asked. ...speaking of fiends

I'shan produced a audible snort, the sound soft and almost comical coming from his small form, and gave Ilveriath's neck a shove. YOU are just as much a fiend! he snapped. But, yes....but not yet. I'm curious to see what this girl has in mind. He smirked and sauntered over to R'nd, giving the younger bluerider a playful shove and a knowing  chuckle. 

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
"I ahh ahh.." she took a breath. Starring down to very attractive men, made her heart race. Shards and shells, she'd been so good up to this point. Focus on the experiment. "I was actually interested in seeing if there was, an equivalant to... 'dragon nip'. You know they way some people like the smell of say red or yellow fruit, and find it relaxing. Or compelling." she spoke carefully, compusure was 9/10s of the battle.

R'nd was attractive, as was I'shan, and she was utterly focused on I'shan as he ate the redfruit. Smitten was an understatement. Though she knew it wasn't love. It wasn't that sort of a feeling. Not that she knew what love felt like. Lymsleia watched the two blueriders toy with each other. Definitely 'special friends'. Definitely. 

"You're really the first two  riders I've met with.... such calm demeanors, and pleasant attitudes. What do you think on this new Weyr ruling that women need to have two children?" she swapped the subject. Something she could handle, something that would keep the blood from making her dark brown skin, flush-harder to see yet, but it was there all the same. Yes that was it talk about work.

Lymsleia shook he head. "Never mind about that actually, I shouldn't discuss something so... well what the leadership has ruled, I can't actually change it. No matter how much I dislike it. Can I ask your names?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd laughed at the playful shove he knew he deserved just as he knew there were quite a few fun stories being withheld from him. He’d get them out of I’shan later, he didn’t doubt that, but their conversations weren’t always appropriate for public settings especially when a Candidate was nearby. And boy, what a Candidate this one was! R’nd had already suspected the girl would ramble given how she was already behaving but he didn’t expect the rapid change of topics that even she didn’t seem to know where they would take her.

It was actually the easiest question that startled R’nd the most. He hadn’t realized neither of them had introduced themselves, so used to everyone knowing who they were already thanks to their reputations and gossip. So it was with wide grey eyes that he glanced at I’shan to see his reaction to not being known and if he wanted a crack at the tumble of questions. R’nd, I don’t understand the term ‘dragon nip.’ R’nd gave a small smile at the confused voice that interrupted his thoughts. We’ll worry about that in a moment. Let’s start with the easiest, though most upsetting in my books.

“You would be hard pressed to find a rider who is more friendly and charming than us though it breaks my heart that you haven’t heard of us before. However, because I long to hear my name on your lips, I’ll tell you only this once,” he circled around to stand behind Lymsleia, bending down to whisper in her left ear, “I’m R’nd,” and then moved to the right with a, “he’s I’shan.” No one ever said he played fair in such matters.

He straightened and walked over to Ayyonth, petting the blue’s neck with a gentle touch, “as to your question about experiments, I’m not sure I can give my permission or encouragement to something that may bring harm to my bonded. I hope you can understand and won’t hold it against me.”

You’re adorable when you worry. Ayyonth moved to rest his head atop R’nd’s, eyes swirling with affection. Oh hush, you silly beast.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh, there were stories indeed! I'shan decided he probably would terll R'nd about N'gelt, though he might find himelf embellishing the tale just a bit. I'shan thought the meeting process was rather spontaneously romantic, but he imagined it would look an awful lot like assault to any onlookers, so he would tread lightly. Then, of course, there was also the issue with Erisi.

The female finds you both pleasing Ilveriath mused. The dragon tossed his head once and cast a billowing snort in I'shan's direction, causing the bluerider's carefully tended hair to rustle in the artificial breeze. "Il!" he snapped, waving his hand derisively at the dragon, who only rumbled contently in response. My work here is done

Ilveriath projected some apologetic thoughts his rider's way, though they both knew it was every bit as insincere as I'shan's actual admonishment. I'shan leaned over and gripped the dragon's neck, using it as a prop as he looked back in Lym's direction. "Oh, I didn't introduce myself? I apologize," he said, narrowing his eyes and pouting in disappointment. Had he really been so rude? Eh, probably just excited. Besides, she did look somewhat familiar.

By this time, of course, R'nd had done it for him. Not to be outdone, I'shan snapped into a standing position and strode over to R'nd, playfully determined to thwart whatever plans his fellow bluerider was concocting. What purpose did R'nd have, whispering so provocatively in that girl's ear!

Surely you aren't actually trying to ruin it for him. Or, dare I suggest, compete with him for the female's affections? Ilveriath said. His jeweled eyes were fixed unmoving on Lymsleia.

Of course not, Il. I'm screwing with him I'shan explained impatiently, only to realize he'd been baited into explaining the obvious. Drats. That dragon was good.

"And THIS!" I'shan said, stiff-arming R'nd back with one arm and motioning to Ilveriath with his free hand. "Is Ilveriath! And the less handsome one is Ayyonth," he said, laughing joyously as he did so. Turnabout was fair play!

"And I'm probably going to have to agree with R'nd. Ilveriath is a bit fussy sometimes," he said. He almost hated to verbalize his protest, it damaged the flow of the conversation so.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Covering her mouth with her hand, Lymsleia crumpled to the ground with R'nd whispering in her ear she could hardly think. She drew a slow deep breath, as she watch the world slide upwards. Her knees buckled she  flicked her eyes toward R'nd. Her normally bright eyes turned stormy as  managed to speak, with mock anger. "R'nd, that flirty is completely unacceptable." she managed to say with a smile, though.

"Or rather I should say it is completely acceptable." she nodded to I'shan. "I can't say which one of you is more commanding of my attention, both of you are so intriguing." she voiced her thoughts honestly, and  the moment she realised what she was doing she took a bite of the second red fruit.  She chewed it a moment, glad for the sweet juice and the moment it gave her to collect her thoughts. She took another bite, chewed and swallowed the flesh of the fruit. "I understand, R'nd. Your dragon is important and I wouldn't do anything to hurt them.  You see, I make little stuffed animals.." she produces one from her bag. "Though this one smells like my medicine bag, I  give them to my younger patients. Each one is unique, and this one is one of my earliest ones." from her bag she pulls out something that looks vaguely like a runner beast.

"I was considering making some for the new dragonriders when the clutch hatches. One for each of their dragons, to sleep with, or  toy with. But I want to make them both, soft, but durable, and fill them with the scent the dragons will enjoy. Though arguably I want to avoid the scent of meat. I want something pleasing to both human and dragon." She focused on her topic. It was easier to talk now, her mind was somewhat clearer, minus the racing heart beat.  Well she was face with two almost gorgeously impossibly men, a dragon- and one who she was almost sure feeding information to his rider. A Dragon spy, could dragons spy on humans?

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R'nd laughed at I'shan's exuberant introduction of their dragons and continued to do so when Ayyonth turned toward I'shan and gave a good gusty exhale, intent on ruffling his hair for the slight. He was quite the handsome dragon and wouldn't let such teasing go by without some form of punishment. It didn't matter that he was just as likely to tease another in just the same way or encourage R'nd to do so.

But the laughter quickly subsided and R'nd was left staring at Lymsleia in bewilderment. Had his whispered words actually caused someone to go weak in the knees, dropping to the ground in what seemed to be scant seconds away from fainting? Well, well, look who just earned new bragging rights and even had a witness to back up his tale! That didn't mean, however, that he was entirely self-centered in that moment as he took a step forward to assist the woman back to her feet but hesitated when she started to munch on the red fruit he was glad he did decline earlier and once more rambled out a variety of topics. One, yet again, stood out amongst the others and one brow quirked with mischief brewing in his devious mind.

"Who says you have to choose just one of us?" R'nd grinned and taking advantage of the fellow bluerider being just as playful as he was, went up behind I'shan and slipped his arms around the slender waist, dropping his chin to a shoulder for a sweet embrace. "Some things are far better in pairs." He could practically feel Ayyonth giving him a mental eye roll and shushed him before the chiding began. R'nd knew I'shan's preferences and it wasn't fair to tease the young Candidate like he was but it was practically programmed into his very being.

Still wrapped nicely around I'shan, R'nd eyed the small stuffed animal as Lymsleia explained her desire to make more for the upcoming clutch. "That's somewhat easy to answer," he answered softly so not to come across as yelling in his friend's ear that he had to ignore the urge to nibble on out of a habit when in such a position with a lover, "dragons have personalities like us and each will have a scent they're drawn to more than others. A lot of us scent our oils we use on them with something that pleases us both, like lavender or mint."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan ducked away from Ayyonth's warm breath. "Hey!" he chirped, waving his hands at the blue as he neatly sidestepped away, coincidentally right into R'nd's arms. We have a casualty Ilveriath commented in a droll tone. He was referring, of course, to I'shan's hair.

"Hey now," the bluerider sighed, pouting and narrowing his eyes at R'nd's arms as he accepted the embrace. "I get it, I get it! I won't get in your way again, handsome." He was admittedly amused at the idea of sharing a girl with R'nd, but the 'girl' part was a bit of a problem. I'shan had the hardest time imagining women as sexual entities in any way. R'nd sure seemed to be having a nice effect on the girl, though! I'shan had to admit, R'nd was awfully charming.

That was looking to be a lucky girl, if I'shan knew R'nd's wiles well enough.

Oh yeah! Conversation. I'shan's eyes slid back towards Lymsleia, the rider himself still making no effort to wiggle free. "Ilveriath likes very...abstract scents," he said thoughtfully. "He enjoys the scent of springtime right after it rains," he suggested, aware of how pitifully sappy that sounded just as it left his mouth. He frowned at his own silliness.

Smooth Ilveriath said dotingly.

I'shan smirked. "..He's dreamy, isn't he?" he said fluidly, quirking his eyebrows at R'nd and biting back laughter. R'nd was admittedly attractive, but I'shan's mind was obviously somewhere else in spite of his playful flirting. Ilveriath let out a knowing rumble. You are thinking about N'gelthe said. You are as smitten with him as this delicate flower here is with you

With that, Ilveriath flickered his tail towards Lymsleia. I'shan found himself blushing.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Listening with all her might, Lymsleia leaned forward and eyed both R'nd and I'shan. So they were a pair. Drat, that was not optimal. more so because they were a set with each other, which meant it was highly-unlikely in her limited experience that either of them would pair with her.

She tossed her dark black hair over her shoulder, a poor imitation of what she'd seen Kuminari do- though she livened it up a bit. "I couldn't choose either of you, in truth. You two are a pair.. or so it seems and I would neither breath the ribbons that tie you, nor try to add one more ribbon to the knot." she was being metaphorical but it was the first thought that came into her mind. Ribbons. It was a good metaphor for these men, both soft, and strong all at the same time, they could be used to tie a surprise package or tie up ones hair. Or someone else- or so she'd heard in the darker corners of Falen's hold.

As Lymsleia listened to I'shan talk, she smiled. "I like the scent o f the grass after it rains. The smell of fresh new spring grass, just after one of those first showers, laying back and letting it fall."  she closed her eyes, though the sound of Ilveriath's tail moving  almost startled her, but she kept her feet. "And you both are quite handsome, you I am unsure whether to I'shan is pretty. or not. But you both are certainly attractive. I guess my experiment on 'dragon nip' will have to wait. Since dragons are individuals I'll only be able to make them individually it seems." Lymlseia remained on the ground, drawing with her finger.  She licked her lips. "I envy you... both of you."

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

While I’shan was still playing along, R’nd sensed it was only done half-heartedly and he wondered what could be the cause of the hesitation. “You’re drifting off on us, Shel,” the statement was softly spoken and meant for I’shan’s ears only but the pout that soon formed was Lymsleia’s doing. She was rather unique. She spoke her mind quickly enough and had no problem in admitting she was attracted to them both but couldn’t seem to bring herself to act on it and go after one or both of them. Then again, she was still new to weyr life and her loyalties to how she was taught to behave would be hard to break. He had been younger than Lymsleia when Searched and brought to Benden Weyr so changing his way of thinking hadn’t been such a hardship though he supposed living alone with a dragon and rider for several turns during the plague could alter the way a young and impressionable mind worked.

“She thinks we’re a couple, not that I can blame her with how well we get into trouble together and the way you fit against me,” R’nd grinned at I’shan before finally releasing his hold on the man with his attention targeting back in on Lymsleia. She seemed so… sad. He couldn’t tell if it was more to do with her experiment not working out or that she couldn’t break up their apparent partnership.

R’nd simply couldn’t let such a thing continue on and knelt down before her, fingers lightly brushing under Lymsleia’s chin to guide her face upwards so he could look her in the eyes. “And what exactly is there to envy? You are an attractive young woman with your own opinions and unique ideas and you don’t seem like you will settle for anything but you want to obtain what’s best for you. We are simply riders that enjoy a good time and sometimes get up at the crack of dawn because of a noisy dragon demanding to be scrubbed.” He smiled softly and offered his hand for her to take. “May I help you to your feet, my lady?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes widened subtly at Lymsleia's next comment. "Oh no," he said delicately, placing his hands on R'nd's arms and beginning to subtly pry them away.  "R'nd and I aren't a pair, merely friends," he said. Of course, I'shan was prone to wandering eyes and may or may not have checked his friend out from time to time, but that didn't mean much in the context of a Weyr, now did it?

I'shan paused to absorb R'nd's little comment. Drifting off he thought, a puzzled look creeping onto his face as R'nd released him. I do believe he's figured you out Ilveriath offered, his voice soothing and mellow. I'shan turned around and shot a knowing glance at R'nd, his eyes deepening with the promise of tantalizing secrets.

"I agree," I'shan teased afterwards, returning to the previous topic. He and R'nd looked the part of a couple, though that was hardly the case. The bluerider watched as R'nd approached Lymsleia and poured his out his sweet words. He's good at that I'shan thought with approval, though he didn't intrude this time. He didn't want to actually ruin R'nd's chances, if that was indeed the fellow bluerider's goal. I'shan had already interrupted enough for the girl to think them a couple, so perhaps it was best he hang back for a moment.

The idea probably wouldn't have occurred to him, where it not for Ilveriath's advice. The blue huffed lazily and yawned. Humans.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia licked her lips as R'nd touched her chin. She  raised her head slowly, locking eyes R'nd, keeping them focused and clear, one was blue and the other was grey. The colors themselves were not too unusual in terms of eye colors, but each one in a seperate eye? Lymsleia  exhaled,  " Can I roll around with you in the grass? " she  muttered quietly, and then covered her mouth.  She averted her eyes. Shard it ! Shard it Shard it! That wasn't supposed to have come out of her mouth. Kuminari had been right to some degree, The Weyr was sexcrazed and she  had sunk into it.  She let her hands drop from her mouth, as breathed in through her nose.

She shivered in her skin, as she became strangely more comfortable with the entire idea. The Weyr did actively encourage such things, it seemed and this.. R'nd was open to it-it seemed in her mind. She glanced at I'shan as his word finally registered. "Wait you're not? But.. ah..." she pursed her lips in thought. "I see, then I suppose I can actually.."  she stroked her chin. And  adjusted herself, only to loose her balance, though it could have been calculated.

She took R'nd's hand, and smiled, a brief flash of memory. Her father? Or her brother? though  certainly masculine hands,  touching her own. She opened her eyes and attempted to compose herself enough to speak.

"I  envy, a lot of things. The riders, the fact that you all are close-well you two are close it seems. I envy that you, chose this path, or that you could choose." She looked between R'nd and I'shan."

I was forced into this, stolen but I am happier for it, I suppose.  I would have never known dragons existed, and would have lived myself trying to remebber the stories of my brother and father father. Trying to force the holds I traveled to listen to me. And I am hardly unique. I am an upstart, and I think I've been probably made a journeyman Healer so I could be told 'get out', more often than please come in."

Lymsleia looked around at Ilveriath, and then back to R'nd. "You don't think I'd settle?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Grey eyes flashed briefly with confusion and then intrigue at Lymsleia’s soft mumbling when he swore he heard something about rolling around in the grass with him. R’nd could already tell she felt a bit awkward around two riders and so asking her to repeat that a bit more clearly wouldn’t do well with his attempts at encouraging her out of her shell and to relax, even though that sounded like an open-invitation for sex to him. Most other riders would have used that as excuse enough to steal her away to their hut and R’nd admitted he could be that type in some situations but this time, he’d leave it as an unheard mumbling of a lost girl. Chuckling softly with a sweet smile, R’nd helped Lymsleia back to her feet, careful to watch for knees giving out again or loss of footing, whether done accidentally or not.

“I assure you, my dear, for all of our playfulness and how comfortable we are with each other, I’shan and I are not weyrmates,” R’nd was proud of himself for not stumbling over that word of commitment. He was more the type to make sure everyone was given a chance, fancying himself an equal opportunity lover. “And I encourage you to follow your desires, wherever they may lead you.” He honestly wasn’t sure where that would be either. Normally he could read a person quite well and hazard a fairly reasonable guess as to how things would play out but Lymsleia still seemed hesitant and changing her mind often. He was also thrown off by the way she couldn’t choose just one but didn’t want to pick them both together either, had possibly propositioned him, but now… sometimes he understood why men frequented his bed more regularly than women.

“No, I don’t think you’d settle for anything less than what you truly want. I was there when the weyrleader presented his decision and saw you arguing it. You follow your heart which is admirable.” He finally released Lymsleia’s hand, having held it during his confirmation she wasn’t about to be a wedge between an unstoppable duo and giving it a faint squeeze when he spoke of encouragement.

He returned to Ayyonth’s side, lightly hip-checking I’shan along the way as revenge for the way his friend had tried to scramble free of his hold earlier. There was definitely something there, and not just a desire to avoid ruining any play R’nd was after either. The glance he gave I’shan was brief but spoke volumes of how he would get every last detail currently being withheld him the second they were alone together. But all of that was still just a way to avoid the touchy subject of the Stolen. Leaning against his lifemate with one hand idly stroking the soft cerulean hide, his attention went back to the woman and he dove in with the best answers he could provide to soothe the envy she didn’t need to have; at least not in those areas.

“While I was traditionally Searched, in a way, I still didn’t have complete control over going to Benden Weyr or not. I was thrilled by it so I did end up going willingly but it doesn’t compare to what some of the Candidates from my Clutch and the current one are going through. You also have to remember that coming South wasn’t really our choice either,” R’nd didn’t want to bring up the specifics of the plague or how it was to leave his family for this life and live nearly alone until the call to unite came. He assumed I’shan felt the same way and hoped Lymsleia would pick up on that being a sensitive subject given how his voice softened at the mere hinting and gaze drifted to the other bluerider both for support and to make sure he hadn’t upset the man. There were some souls you just didn’t want to rouse the wrong way and that strange sensation of guilt would eat at him for being the cause of hurting I’shan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan didn't hear whatever Lymsleia murmured to R'nd, but the aftermath was certainly amusing. The girl looked so bashful! R'nd was evidently taking whatever she'd said in stride. I'shan watched with distant amusement as R'nd continued to lay the charm on thick, though whatever the girl had requested seemed to have rolled off him without much impact.

Oh, Ilveriath...this is the girl who was arguing with the Weyrleader, isn't she? I'shan asked. The dragon lazily turned his eyes on Lymsleia and paused, pondering. I believe so he replied. I'shan nodded almost invisibly. He wasn't sure where he stood on that announcement. Yes, childbirth was an amazing thing. I'shan respected women for it, but felt inclined to agree that they ought to do it. On the other hand...well, the girls at Katila hadn't chosen to be taken there. It seemed a little cruel to force them into candidacy and then require them to have children on top of that. It was a no-win situation for the girls.

I'shan couldn't criticize her choice to argue with the Weyrleaders.

His thoughts were disrupted as R'nd collided with him again. The smaller man sidestepped awkwardly, caught off guard. He caught R'nd's eye for a split second and allowed a diabolical grin to cross his face. He got the implications. They had much to talk about.

He wasn't sure where the conversation about searching and exile came from, but it was an unwelcome shift. I'shan tilted his head away, a frown playing on the corner of his lips. He didn't like thinking about those times. He'd barely survived, after all. He was a soft man, not well suited to the hard life of an exile in an unfamiliar land. He thought back on the entire affair only with disdain. "It's good to have a home again," was his only comment and he turned back to face them, forcing a friendly smile and gently sliding into a new subject. "Speaking of home, how are the other candidates doing?" In accordance with Katilan procedure, he didn't call them 'candidates' until a clutch lay on the sands. Fortunately, that was the case just now.

"I take it you're all excited about the eggs?" he asked. "I'll never forget being a candidate myself, back at Fort...everyone was betting that I'd Impress a green!"

He shot a catty expression at R'nd. 'Can you imagine me? A green?"

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
She clung to R'nd's hand, and she actually stepped closers to him. The scent of man ran through her nose. She ran through it nose. She stilled herself, trying to breath evening. Men were intoxicating! How had she missed this? No wonder women enjoyed the sex. This was just kind of a high. She paused High? Talian? Was he ok? She shook her head, he want to focus, but Talian's  predicaement  crept back into her mind. She made a mental note to see him, and check up on him at some point.  "You're lucky to be comfortable with each other. I am always having to tip-toe around things and people. It's don't upset the balance, even here." She said softly. Running her hand through darkened hair, Lymsleia licked her lips. " So even if I wanted to drag you away?"  she squeeked. Shards, what was it so hard to talk about this. She delt with the results of this kind in work. And now she was actually, propositioning someone?

Lymsleia realized her topic of search and exile might be a sore spot for the riders and so she let it go cold, on its own.

I'shan's question got her heart racing again. The eggs were on the sands. "They're.. amazing. I mean I wanna see real.. live... dragon eggs, but... do you think she'd let me see them? I mean.. I may be just a healer, but perhaps this could be the start of a new profession for me. The others? We'll it depends on what you mean. " She immediately thought Talian, he's depressed state made her shiver.

"I mean, do you think She, would allow it I mean. The.. mom.." Lymsleia paused as she realized this last gold on the planet, was probably keeping an eye on things. "Ummm, do you think it'd be rude to ask to see them, for a healer-purpose... not as a candidate? But as someone genuinely interest? In the survival of both humans and dragons?"

At I'shan's pronouncement she smiled. "I think, you would go well, with ... with.. welll what ever is bestfor you, I'shan, sir..." She tacked the sir on unsure if that was proper address.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd burst into amused laughter at I’shan being borderline appalled at people thinking he would Impress green. He hated to say it, but he could see why so many would place their marks in that direction and merrily told the man so with a clap on the back, “I don’t know, my friend, you do like being pursued. In fact, I may be disappointed that you didn’t get green to go with my blue,” he cast a pout at I’shan with sorrowful eyes played up to show his mock depression at not getting the chance to indulge in a little flight fun. With a sigh of longing, R’nd spun away dramatically and eased right into a smile for Lymsleia as her bold statement came out with perfect timing.

He was pleased by her daring to speak clearly about what she wanted but he held off on saying anything, though that was more due to her suddenly remembering the clutch, which was encouraged by I’shan, and how much she wanted to see it up close. He frowned at that, though he could understand the thrill and desire but Nirinath would be guarding the eggs with everything she had and everyone in the Weyr would make sure everything went smoothly leading up the Hatching; himself included. “Sorry, Lymsleia, but it wouldn’t be wise to chance a viewing before you’re granted or you may regret the sneak peek while you enjoy your punishment. And I don’t have a fondness for seeing pretty girls cry.”

You’re on top of your game this morning. Flirting with both Ilveriath’s rider and the girl while maintaining serious conversations. This is why I chose you. R’nd cast a quick glance at Ayyonth to see his blue yawning and rolled his eyes, No, you chose me because I was standing closest to you, you lazy beast. He liked his dragon a lot more when Ayyonth’s teasing was set on someone else and not him. But he did go on to prove Ayyonth correct in the way he danced around the conversations by slipping over to Lymsleia’s side to distract her away from such dangerous thoughts like slipping onto the sands.

“Also, my lady, I’ve never had to have someone drag me anywhere. I always willingly follow when asked.” Much like the whispering of names, R’nd kept his hands to himself despite knowing she already seemed to crave his touch from the way she had stepped closer when he held her hand. A little taste here and there was how he decided to operate with Lymsleia for the time being.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"R'nd!" I'shan gasped, eyes widening in exaggeration and one delicate hand rising to cover his mouth. "How dare you flirt with me! I'll have you know that I..." He paused for poetic effect. "...Am seeing someone. His name is N'gelt, and he's a brownrider. Who says you need flights to have fun?"

The bluerider smirked, quite pleased with his carefully timed delivery, and started to drift towards Ilveriath. The dragon rolled onto one side and lifted his head, positioning it perfectly so I'shan could use it for a prop to lean on. "And...I like being pursued, you say?" he crooned. I'shan knew he was reasing a bit, but he also didn't expect R'nd to take him too seriously.

You speak as if your pasts are free of sexual tension Ilveriath observed politely. I'shan let out a reserved sigh and looked down at the dragon's jeweled eye. How about you shut up? he said affectionately. The blue only rumbled his contentment.

I'shan looked up again, directing his attention back to the conversation. "Hmmm.." he mused pensively, "I'm with R'nd on that one, miss. Sneaking onto the sands will get you in an awful lot of trouble." He wasn;t sure what, mostly because he'd yet to see the Weyrleader or Weyrwoman completely lose their tempers. He imagined the brunt of the rage would come from Nirianth herself, though. That sounded unpleasant.

He slowly lifted one hand. "By the way, no 'sir' required," he said. "I'm just I'shan."

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia grinned. "TRue. I wouldn't go there, I don't think. She needs her peace and quiet and I know, that I wouldn't disturb a mother and her new child." She shivers. "It just makes me, so anxious. They're.. right there!" she gestures to the sands in an almost explosive  gesture. "They're I bet beautiful and wild, and different. I have only lived nineteen turns, and I have never seen eggs- other than chickens-" she's animated now. She  reaches for R'nd's hand again initiating contact, though its very much the youthful joy of something being new or different, than any sort of sensual touch.

She looks at I'shan, "Right, and you like being pursued? Really? So many girl's I met at home and at the hall, said men enjoyed doing the pursing, and not the other way around." She stops midway through her exuberant 'dancing', and to I'shan says. "You're in love with a brown rider? Is he better than, R'nd?" she asks in such a way as to be perhaps be trying to find out some dirt. "Sorry, R'nd. I ahh... I guess Icould find that out from the runner's mouth, but..." she forms her lips into a firm line. "That would be too much fun." a slight curl of a smile, quietly dissapears. Was she attempting to tease him?

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

He knew there was some grand secret waiting to be shared! R'nd had expected it to be kept until they were alone, leaving I'shan with the enjoyment of teasing him with the knowledge that he was out of the loop on something. Then again, his friend liked to tell everyone he could when something good was going his way and having a relationship, especially with a brownrider, was right up I'shan's alley for bragging. "Oh, I know all about having fun outside of flights, as you well know," his mind was still reeling at that tidbit of information but it was a natural reaction to flirt and announce his sexual prowess so I'shan's teasing wasn't about to be missed because he managed to surprise R'nd such as he had.

With a large grin for his fellow bluerider, R'nd was about to follow after I'shan but a delicate hand grabbed his and his attention snapped back to Lymsleia. He had almost forgotten about the poor girl with his eagerness to hear more about the man that had enthralled I'shan to the point of only encouraging his wandering thoughts in the middle of conversations. "Don't think I'm letting you off the hook for springing the news like this and I expect more details than just a name and rank when you have me over for a meal and drinks later," laughing, R'nd went back to facing Lymsleia and gave her eager hand a light squeeze.

He was glad she had decided not to go to the Sands before she was summoned and an honest smile that lacked in his usual flirtatious spark presented itself as he nodded throughout her whimsical take on what it would be like seeing the clutch for the first time. R'nd recalled easily what it was like to see the eggs for the first time just as he remembered the disappointment at not Impressing in Benden and the joy when he Impressed Ayyonth which outweighed the experience at Benden. In truth, he was glad it had happened the way it did. You should share your softer side out loud more often. It's extremely adorable. Ayyonth glanced at I'shan and R'nd had the sinking suspicion that his dragon had bespoken to him as well. I'm about to retract that warm and fuzzy thought, just so you're aware. He scowled but they both knew he meant nothing by it.

Lymsleia seemed to be growing more comfortable in their presence if her attempts at flirting and teasing were anything to go by. "My dear, he will never know now and weep for him as it must be horrible knowing he has missed out with me because he's now claimed by another." He was a lot of things but outside of flight lust, R'nd did try to avoid sleeping with someone's mate.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Love? Ilveriath clearly found the idea humorous, his lazy eyes whirling with mirth and his narrow chest rumbling in the draconic version of laughter. Love? Is that what the girl thinks? he purred, brushing his snout against his rider's abdomen. I'shan twined his arms around the dragon's head and stroked the headknobs lovingly, his own expression a mirror of his affectionate display.

"Love," I'shan purred aloud, still gazing down into his dragon's eyes thoughtfully. "That's a strong word, I think. I haven't had time to truly fall in love with him yet...but I do really like him a lot," the bluerider continued, soft voice sinking into a dreamy and melodious rhythm as he spoke. I don't know that I've ever seen you truly love another human Ilveriath said, eyes widening just a bit as he looked back at his rider, pleased to feel him so comfortable and even excited. Reserved in his excitement, I'shan expressed it by hugging the dragon's head tighter and producing the softest of laughs. "As for who is better, how can I know? I've never slept with R'nd. And I'm sure I'm missing out..." he crooned, locking his sharp eyes onto the fellow bluerider and narrowing them diabolically.

"...But that N'gelt...he's an artist," he hissed amusedly.

Ilveriath rumbled approvingly. Weep not he teased, allowing his smooth voice to creep into all available minds close by, For I'shan has mastered the questionable art of purloining a greenrider's suitors from him the blue said lazily.

You know I'm teasing, dearest the blue added quietly afterwards. I'shan just squeezed tighter, pleased to feel the dragon's reassurance, though it wasn't necessary. Unashamed, I'shan grinned back at the other two.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia grinned as the  the atmosphere in her mind relaxed. Her heart had stopped pounding and her breathing evened. At R'nd's hand squeeze, she tensed, and then slowly relaxed. He was just being friendly, right? Well at least the flirty and momentary limerence had passed, or so it seemed. She allowed herself a deep breath, puffing out her chest, as if to clear her mind of the small black clouds that had hung  metaphorically over her head. A light smile played on her lips.  She gaze a mock sniffle at R'nd's suggestion of weeping for I'shan. " Such a honorable man you are R'nd."

"It' perfectly fine, to have a mate, I'shan. It's someone to go home to at the end of the day, right?"  She  twisted a few black strands of hair into a tiny braid to give herself something to do.

" I was surprised myself. The way some people talk, all riders are..." she struggled to remember Kuminari's words.. "How'd she put it? Sexcrazed riders with their beasts.. or something--" she flicked her  hand dismissively. "Anyway,  I know I like you both, you're interesting an entertaining." her voice was steady now, and not the higher, more excited tone it'd had a little while a go. It was a young woman who'd slowly gained a does of reality, and was apparently trying to keep her fanciful day dreams from her thoughts. She founded herself relaxing more noticeably as she talked with the two riders. I'shan was  quieter and more mysterious, and R'nd, bolder and more outgoing, but as far as Lymsleia's could tell both were decent men.

"N'gelt's an  artist? what does he draw? Paint? Umm what sort of medium does he use?" she asked curiously. A soft 'oh' left her lips as Ilveriath's voice  rolled across her mind. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of the comment from the dragon, but she accepted it none the less. Dragons couldn't lie, right? She tapped her lips. Greenrider male, "B'jin?" she questioned aloud, as she noticed I'shan smile... "I think, thouh I could be very wrong. But he's the only one I know about." She licked her lips again. "You know we should go do something. I mean standing around here is nice, but-" she wiggled her fingers. "I  think we need to get out and move!"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Well I for one would love to corner you later and hear more details,” R’nd didn’t bother going into details again, knowing I’shan wouldn’t go into hiding on him but would expect a visit at some point. He also wouldn’t go empty handed as his own joyous time that left his mind reeling would be offered up. He’d already learned Kerrin wasn’t the type to enjoy hearing about some things and when it came to a specific greenrider, he’d sooner attempt to strangle and drown R’nd than smile and coo. Then again, how much should he trust his friend with? That would be decided upon later since there was far too much happening in the here and now to skip too far ahead!

Chuckling softly, R’nd returned to the tried and true method of lips brushing against an ear to whisper to Lymsleia, as he hoped to lessen the shock and embarrassment he suspected would follow, “N’gelt’s medium would be I’shan’s delicious body.” There wasn’t a need to explain the type of artist the brownrider was, at least he hoped anyway. The comment about being sex-crazed was fairly accurate to R’nd and only earned a smile though he did hope he wasn’t enjoying that sexual freedom with his dragon as that was one kink he just didn’t go in for. It was best not to ask just in case it ruined his appetite so he risked leaving it unanswered, confident that the attentions he had given the young Candidate would be more than enough to leave her with the proper impressions.

“Sadly, my lady, I was on my way in to catch the end of breakfast. Ayyonth has a way of waking me early to scrub him so I’m starved and looking forward to getting off my feet for a few,” R’nd was never a fan of turning down offers, unless they came with far too many emotions attached than he abandoned ship at break neck speed, but in this case where he felt Lymsleia wasn’t about to demand rights to being his mate, he still had to decline. Sometimes the sayings about men being useless on an empty stomach were true. “But I promise to keep an eye out for you.”

He kissed the back of her hand that he still held and then continued in his confident and bold way of placing a soft kiss to Lymsleia’s cheek. “It was a pleasure, my lady, and I hope to cross paths with you again in the very near future.” He turned to toss a wave and a smile at I’shan before making his exit while Ayyonth stretched but stayed behind, content to rest in the grassy area to enjoy the morning sun.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's face broke into an scandalous grin at Lymsleia's question, but before he could reply, R'nd offered up a response more clever and much more poetic response than I'shan was prepared to muster on his own. Delicious body, huh? To that, the elegant bluerider could only shrug.

He stood upright, slowly detaching himself from Ilveriath and allowing the dragon to once again rest his head, before strolling lazily over to R'nd and giving him an open-handed slap on the arm. "Delicious indeed. And to you, forbidden fruit," he jabbed affectionately. He winked to let him friend know that he wasn't serious, though any passerby might have assumed the gesture was serious.

Now free, Ilveriath yawned and turned away. The leisurely dragon started to close his eyes for an unnecessary nap, but found himself interrupted by an unexpected and wholly amusing sight. He locked his eyes on a young human, presumably a candidate, who stood close by and flailed his arms in some manner of abstract mockery. Ilveriath let out an amused huff and pointing it out wordlessly to Ayyonth, but said nothing to I'shan, who he imagined was at least partially the young man's target.

"Leaving me, R'nd?" I'shan asked, cutting his eyes towards his fellow bluerider and frowning. "Very well then. I would join you, but I just came from breakfast myself." His hand unconsciously rose to brush his bruised lip. "I'll see you soon, all right?"

Afterwards, he turned to Lymsleia. "I suppose it's just you and me, miss," he said. He produced a mellow laugh. "So I have to ask...who is it who called us all 'sex-crazed beasts'?" Not that he was going to argue.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia  stilled herself as she felt a swoon rise from within he. R'nd knew exactly how to press buttons, the flirty rider. Not that Lymsleia minded, it felt good. She'd never had that happen before and it was innocent enough play. Lymsleia  smiled broadly with R'nd's comment. "He must be a good artist." she breathed in reference to N'gelt. "Maybe I'll leanr to be as artful oneday." she let her mind wandering, though Kuminari's words haunted her  a bit. Were riders really as loose with themselves, by nature- and that drew people- or did the  culture of the dragons- especially with the greens rising so often, make for a culture that needed to be more relaxed?

As R'nd departed Lymsleia nodded to the leaving rider. "Go eat, there's a good fare of friut and meat and bread. Personally eggs are always delious with some meat mixed in." she licks her lips at the thought of such. "Thank you." she said softly, though as R'nd kissed back of her hand, she felt her breath catch. It was all so new. "We will cross paths again, I am a healer." she added as R'nd made his exit.  With her full attention now at I'shan, Lymsleia seemed more relaxed. I'shan at least to her 'felt' different. He- to her- read less overwhelmingly masculine.

"Please, it's just Lymselia, or Lym." she said in a tone a younger sister might use with an older brother who had jsut called her by a personal name that she was not fond of hearing used. "Her name was. Kumin... Kuminari? I believe, Harper-girl. Really snobby. She has to have been high-bred. You know the kind,right, I'Shan?" she asked in a nudging manner. "They're so above the rest of us that swimming in the river at dusk is considered dirty? "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Kuminari?" he asked. He lifted a brow and smiled. Ah yes, he'd heard of that girl. She sounded like quite the snooty little one, but not the fun kind. From the stories I'shan had heard, Kuminari was too hard to get ruffled to really be much fun....and teasing was all snooty girls like that were actually good for. I'shan didn't have a problem with the girl, he just saw no reason to try and meet her; she sounded like no fun at all.

Of course, he knew all this second hand. Searchriders had a tendency to gossip. He laughed easily and shook his head. "I wouldn't worry about whatever it is she said," he replied. "There are always people who think they're above everyone else because of their breeding or self-imposed morals...those people are just missing out," he said with a dismissive, almost derisive shrug. "People are bound by all sorts of rules in Hall and Hold. Who can marry who, when it's appropriate to wear what, who can sleep with who...Around here, it doesn't matter. I know that means a lot to some people..."

He didn't add in 'especially girls', but he knew it was true. The poor things faced all kinds of stigma and restrictions back in the North. If a girl wanted to enjoy a swim in the river, why couldn't she? "If she was bothered enough by it to say something to you," I'shan continued with mirth, "you were probably doing something right!"

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)