World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

One Banana, Two Banana... [Flora]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Fruit season! Casa LOVED fruit season, when the delicious treats that grew on the trees in the forest began to ripen. When the fruit began to grow, it meant that it would inevitably need to be harvested, which gave her a chance to explore through the woods. She knew the woods were potentially dangerous; she'd heard of various dangers out and about. But...fruit season! She wanted the bananas badly. They were great for all kinds of things - fruit as a snack, baking into sweet breads, making desserts with...

When the world came that she could finally go out and check on the growth of the fruits in the forest, she all but yelped with joy. She had been waiting FOREVER. However, the weyrfolk who agreed to it told her she had to go with at least one other of the children - the buddy system was more effective, she reasoned, in case something happened. Casa tried to suppress a groan, due to the fact she didn't know anyone who would even be vaguely interested in exploration around the forest like she was.

Grudgingly, she agreed to wait at the edge of the forest so the woman could find someone else to tag along with her. As she trudged out towards the edge of the weyr where the trees began to get a little thicker, she wondered who she would end up with. Maybe if she was lucky, she'd get one of the boys. They always seemed to poke around up in trees and stuff. As long as she didn't get one of the girls, she'd be fine. Well, she thought ruefully, she'd be fine with a girl if there were any that weren't too prissy and whiny. But she didn't know any of the girls well enough to determine if such a thing existed. With a sigh, she flopped on the ground to wait.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
One of the women approached Flora about going out on a fruit hunt out in the woods. Flora being the type of girl she was  could be more then willing to be perswaded to join in the hunt with another child. She wasn't told if the child she had to meet was a boy or a girl just that she had to meet them at the edge of the woods and that she should hurry since they had already been waiting.

She hurried to pull on her boots that were more approaperate for hunting around for things in the woods and one her old dresses.  She knew that the woods could be pretty dirty and clothing could get ruined out there so she made sure she was wearing something she could totally mess up.

She hurried along toward the edge of the wood and noticed a girl standing there and she approached  quietly. " Hello, Are you the one I'm suppose to go hunting for fruit with in the woods.?" she asked softly in a quiet voice. She hoped she wouldn't make the girl angry by assuming it was her. specially if she was wrong about her waiting for herself.

PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

After a short time, she heard the sound of someone approaching, so she stood and dusted off her trousers. Peeking curiously, she saw the girl was roughly her age. But, unlike the other absentminded fluffs that called themselves girls, this one seemed pretty practical. She had worn boots that were meant for prowling through the trees, and while she was wearing a dress, it had the look of use to it. She beamed in delight. A practical girl like herself! She was willing to bet this would be a great hunt after all.

Silently sizing her new companion up, she thought there was a good chance it would be a successful hunt for fruit. They were roughly the same size, though she might be a little more wiry. Still, she felt she could get up a tree with little to no problems, and hopefully that meant this new person would be able to catch it. Or maybe she would want to climb? Dae certainly didn't mind sharing, though she was partial to the joys of scrambling up the trees. There was a great vantage point up there.

She nodded and smiled at the girl, extending a hand in a friendly way. "I am. It's a pleasure to meet you...I'm Casa, though Dae works just fine. What's your name?" she waited patiently, continuing to eye the girl curiously as she looked her over. Today's adventures through the woods seemed like they would be fun and productive. She idly wondered if the other girl liked exploring and wouldn't mind if they enjoyed their time outside. The other girls were too prissy and wanted to get the fruit and head back to the kitchens, and that was no fun.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora smiled back the others girls smile was quite infectious and she already could tell that she would like her. She even  wore trousers  like one of the boys so this would probably be a eventful and enjoyable trip to the woods.

"Do you know all the best hunting spots or are we gonna go look for some new spots.? Since it still the beginning of the season there should be lots of spots to find things. Or do you wish to look for a specific thing first? " Flora asked softly. Since she was only helping with this hunt  she knew that Casa was gonna call the shots of what they were gonna be hunting  and what they would bring back. After all Flora was asked to assist and be there to  be the buddy for the buddy system.

flora shakes Dae's hand "Its nice to meet you Dae, I'm Flora. "  she said quietly as she looked into the start of the woods among the thick trees.  " Though I do recommend that we stick close to the trails. I once was out in the woods overnight. Luckily i ran across a young man who built a fire so that we could stay warm. And then we returned together.  It was pretty fun being in the woods at night but also a little scary to be by myself. " Flora nodded softly.

" Thats probably why they insist that two go out so that no one alone if they do manage to get lost. Maybe if we have enough time before dark we can hunt up some of the flowers on the way back.  "Flora said excitely

PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Dae all but squealed. Flowers? Picking the good spots? She'd found a fast friend in Flora! She giggled, making a note to thank whatever weyrfolk had paired them together. This girl was perfect for her. She was even impressed to hear she had gotten lost in the woods once, nodding in agreement.

"We'll definitely stay close to the paths this time round. It must have been exciting, camping out in the woods...that sounds like a lot of fun!" Peering around, she shrugged and pointed to the path. "We'll just follow the pathways for now, and check the fruit trees as we pass by to see if they've got anything ripe on 'em yet. If they do, I'll do the climbing, and you can spot me, okay?"

Flora looked as excited as she felt, so she began to walk down the path with her new found friend, feeling more cheerful than she had in days. "So, Flora, tell me about yourself! Are you a weyrbrat, like me?" She still couldn't get over the fact there was another girl just like her. They were even close in age! Her luck seemed to have worked out for the better.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora thought for a moment " well when i was younger my mother called me petal sometimes she even called me flower. Cause I always had one in my hand i guess i loved collecting flower petals.
she died though when my youngest brother Lando was born. I'm the oldest of three children and was the only girl in the family. Mother told me my father was a rider but none have claimed me and my brothers are with their father. I don't think my mother and father were together i bet it was from one of them flights and my father was probably a loser. " She shrugged. " after all no one ever stepped forward to claim me when mother died when I was eight" 

Flora though some more "I  do like nature, exploring, and of course bubbly pies. Sometimes i run off to the woods and just sit and drawl and sometimes i draw the dragons. Which i really enjoy. " Flora stopped and looked back " Course being lost wasn't as scary when i found the young man. But at first i worried
about animals and being able to protect myself. I do have a knife now that i bring when i explore now. "
She pulled it out to show Dae.  " They young man I was lost gave it to me and he never took it back. He said I needed something if I go out and get lost again like that. " She put it back away.

Flora was ready to explore and didn't want to talk about herself anymore. After all the stuff about her was so depressing having lost her mother and having no father to  claim her made her feel quite alone. He brothers were lucky and didn't share the same father. But she wasn't his and you could tell that she wasn't even though he was nice enough and kind to her.

PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa paused for a moment, turning to give Flora a light hug. She understood that situation herself, to a degree - she had lost her mother at birth and as far as she knew, didn't have any siblings. And she hadn't known who her father was for the first couple of years, and had only found out later. She often wondered what her mother had been like; however, she knew she would never know and tried not to dwell on it too often herself.

"Don't you worry about a thing. I can understand...my mama passed away giving birth to me. I don't think I have any siblings. At least, my father doesn't think he has any other children; he doesn't know if he does. I didn't know who he was at first either. There's still hope down the line. And even not, I like you! We'll be friends for a long time."

She tried to smile reassuringly, focusing on the knife the girl showed her. "That's a good idea! I'll have to see if I can find one for myself. Being able to defend yourself is important. I'm glad he was there to help you out, though you sound plenty brave on your own." She started walking again, meandering until she reached the first banana tree. She peered up, frowning back at Flora. "I don't see anything...what about you?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Flora smiled and hugged Casa back.  She was used to being on her own now so finding a father now might be a bit weird for her. After all she is more used to running around and doing what she wants now rather then under anyone's watchful eye.

"Sounds like your mother  might of  had the same issue as mine " she said softly.  "I think its pretty scary. I don't really want to have kids cause what if it turns out like it did for my mother. Do you ever worry?" she asked softly of the other girl. Never before could she voice her fears but maybe this girl would understand. The other girls she knew  were all interested in finding a mate and raising children but she wasn't cause it worried her.

She paused and looked up  the tree shielding her eyes from the sun. " No  I don't see any ripe ones yet. We probably will have to head deeper to find some.  I bet that anything close to the weyr would already be hit by others the second some became ripe. " She knew that some of the best batches were further away cause many  didn't wanna trek to far and usually hit the closers ones first off.

PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

She appreciated the hug. "I don't know why she died...sometimes I feel bad, like it was my fault. But my papa says he's sure it was an accident, like a health issue or something. I guess I'll never know." She paused to think about having kids for a moment. She had never really thought about it - it was just something that seemed to expected from the Weyr. That didn't mean she would, at least any time soon.

"I worry sometimes, mostly due to the pressure of having children when we get a little older. But I've heard some of the ladies say its completely worth it to hold little ones. Others say they have no interest. It does seem scary, that's for sure. There are so many things that could go wrong." She wrinkled her nose in distaste before glancing up at the tree.

"I think you are right...we are gonna have to search further in." She began to clump down the path, making sure Flora was with her as they wandered down the path. She occasionally glanced up at the trees, having the same thought Flora had - these first ones had likely already been stripped. They'd have to go a bit deeper.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)