World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Birthday Wishes [K'ton]

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Today was an important day. Today was in fact a day of celebration and joy and fun. However, that didn't stop Casa from feeling down. After all, today was her birthday. She turned 13 Turns today...and yet here she was in the gardens, all alone. She knew that she couldn't expect the Weyr to come to a stand still because it was her birthday, but...she would have liked to have spent the day in the company of someone. However, most of her friends seemed to be otherwise occupied with chores or work. Her father likewise was probably busy with dragonrider business; she knew better than to bother him most days, even if she did want to see him.

Still...what was a birthday on its own, especially this one? She was all but on her way to be an adult! Sighing, she wandered out towards the edges of the Weyr at a slow and meandering pace. At least she had been given a little bit of leeway in chores, and had managed to get them all done fairly early in the day. She had been sent off with a half-hearted request that she bring in any fresh flowers or herbs from the gardens, so off she'd gone towards the farms to see what was growing.

Luckily, she mused, it was warm out. As she approached the flowers growing along the edges of the holding pens for the feeder beasts, her senses were assaulted with the fresh smells of dirt and growing things, and she flopped down, inhaling deeply. She loved the smell of the growing plants, and she had a good view of anyone or anything that decided it was a good time to come out and feed while she idly played with the blossoms that had started to grow along the sides of the big open space.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
You know.. I think I may be hungry Ironth commented to his rider and K'ton rolled his eyes. Ironth's words gave the impression that the dragon had no real idea whether he was actually hungry or not and K'ton couldn't figure out how you couldn't know if you were. "If you're hungry why don't we go find a herdbeast or three at the pens?" K'ton replied dryly. Ironth rumbled and agreed that this would be the best of choices. After all even if he wasn't hungry it didn't hurt to choose a beast for his next meal.

With a snap of his wings Ironth lifted off, K'ton scrambling to grip the neck ridges before him. That was uncalled for Ironth. You could've at least waited until I was completely seated before taking off, K'ton screeched at the brown. The only response he received was the vibration of Ironth's amused rumble. The beasts in the pens scattered at the approach of the brown and K'ton gave an amused snort. Silly animals herdbeasts were. Their attempt at escape was thwarted by the high fencing that contained them and they began to mill and bellow in fear.

Sliding from Ironth, K'ton gave him a hearty smack on the shoulder, "Go! Find your next meal!" With a whirling eye, Ironth regarded the man next to him and snorted a negative. There is someone here, the dragon whispered, And I don't think I can eat while she's here. I don't want to frighten her. Shaking his head at the idiosyncrasies of Ironth, K'ton glanced about to find the source of the brown anxiety. "It's just Casa Ironth! For Faranth's sake. She's been around dragons her whole life, its not as if she's never seen a gorging dragon before," he said, tone a touch testy. I know but... She's just a little girl and little girls don't like blood Oh how would you know? K'ton asked in answer to the ridiculousness that was his dragon.

Turning from the brown the rider made his way to the sunning girl. He knew her father and had known of her mother and her untimely death at the birth of her daughter. The resulting death of the woman had thrust the tiny baby into the care of an entire weyr. Not only did the child have one father, she had several "uncles" and various "cousins". Casa was a sweet girl and often curious though K'ton didn't mind. Curiosity was what made a person tick in his opinion. "Casa, my love!" he greeted her with his usual over exaggeration and flare, "how are you this fine afternoon? Been enjoying the sunshine?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

It seemed she was destined for some company; after a short time, she saw the shadow that began to fall over the pens, and she glanced up casually. A pretty brown began to float down towards the feeding, sending the herdbeasts into a frenzy of terror as they tried to run away. They didn't do a very good job, of course, but she knew they couldn't help themselves. She would probably be scared witless too, if something that big wanted to eat her. Luckily, she wasn't them. She stood and stretched as Ironth came to land, a smile lighting on her features.

K'ton jumped down gracefully enough, and she loped over to him, giving him a big hug. He was one of her most favorite riders - friendly, always with a cheerful comment and a wink. She'd heard he was quite the catch from the older girls, but this had always just made her grin wryly. She didn't have to worry about that. She was treated like a favored niece or nephew, not a sexy piece of meat to be eaten up. Or whatever it was that adults like to think of their sexual endeavors as.

"Hi, K'ton!" she said, glancing up at the sky and then at Ironth. "I'm alright...they gave me the afternoon to go out and play how I want. I'm 13 today...almost an adult now!" She beamed at him as she stood beside him, watching Ironth eye the herdbeasts but surprised to see him not going after one. "How're you? How's Ironth? Why isn't he eating?" She tilted her head curiously at the dragon, confused on why one would come to the pens but not eat. Maybe he liked scaring the herdbeasts. But that didn't seem very likely.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
He laughed as Casa dashed towards him to wrap her little arms in a tight hug. He placed his own around her and squeezed gently. He did so enjoy the company of children. One of these days. All it took was one day and he'd find out whether or not he had kids of his own.

"Thirteen!" he exclaimed and clutched at his chest, "Say it ain't so! Little Casa all grown up. Faranth forbid, I'm getting old!" He just couldn't resist the little tease as she told him it was her birthday today. "Have you gotten any good gifts yet?" he asked, glancing down at her.

You do not have to tell her why, Ironth told him with a hint of desperation, In fact don't tell her at all. Just eat, Ironth! I promise it won't bother her a bit you silly beast! K'ton countered. He watched him dragon start and stop, hesitation written every where on the lean brown body. K'ton sighed as he answered Casa, "I'm fine and Ironth's fine. Or rather he would be if he'd stop being shy and actually eat something. You see, for some reason that brown lout thinks you'll squeal at the sight of blood."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Snorting, Casa swung herself up on the fence, shielding her eyes as she glanced at the hesitant dragon. "Ironth, you great big lump! GO EAT!" She giggled and waved to him, before turning and jumping down again. "I've seen dragons eat a thousand times! What a silly wherry." She was fond of the brown dragons - all brown dragons, really - but this seemed like a silly thing for a dragon to worry about. She wasn't one of those pansy girls who thought dirt was the scariest thing on the planet. Dragons had to eat too!

"I haven't gotten anything yet," she lamented with a wrinkle of her nose, pretending to be upset. "Granted, haven't seen many people about. I guess light duty is a form of a present." She thought back to how busy everyone was, and that did make her a little sad inside. But that was life in a weyr - training, chores, productivity. And she wasn't completely alone! She was with K'ton and Ironth.

"I'm not that old yet, K'ton!" She laughed, shaking her head. "You make me sound like I'm old as the aunties and uncles tucked up out of the way. I'm only 13." She still seemed to take pride in saying that. It meant that if she was going to find a special talent to specialize in, she might do it soon; if not, then she would likely continue to work with several of the crafters, and she'd be able to put her efforts into the Caverns. Her mind flitted to be a rider briefly, but she shook off the thought, watching Ironth amusedly and waiting for him to hunt.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)