World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Moonlight,Starlight, First star...

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
The clothing was piled  neatly from trees and on rocks, where Lymsleia could get it to safe from the water's reach. She was careful as she took a moment to sling the towel-cloth over the lowest hanging branch of the tree.

Lymsleia had removed much of her clothing during the walk to the river. She'd made it a long trech and as the last of the evening light faded from the sky, she found herself looking around as shadows lengthened. She had been careful as she made her wat towards the water. Checking for snakes, or bugs or other undesireablies near her. The cool water of the bank reminded her of the smaller streams near Falens hold.

The water even in the heat of the evening was cold, and Lymlseia yelped as she dipped a toe it. "Cold." she muttered. She'd almost forgotten how are she was from the Weyr. At home this would have been considered 'close', by the hold standards. At least on such a small island on the western edge of Ista, that Falen's hold stat on. She wadded out into the darker huges of the water and completely submerged herself.

Overhead the stars were almost imperceptible against the changing sky.

Kuminari

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Kuminari was dressed in a delicate white summer slip, that she had managed to swipe from the laundry room when it had been left there for five or ten minutes too long. Cut modestly, it had long, loose sleeves that fell to end in bells around her hands, while the hem of the dress brushed her ankles. The waist was pulled lightly in with a soft belt of dark blue. Her feet were in slippers of soft leather, dyed the same dark blue as the belt. She had no idea who had owned any of the items before her, but since no one had stripped them from her, she now claimed them as her own.

Flicking her long hair back over her shoulder, Kuminari followed a well travelled path towards the river on the Eastern side of the Weyr. She wasn't in any particular hurry, or going for any reason beyond an evening stroll. She was enjoying the lingering warmth, and the clear sky let it be known that there wasn't a summer storm pending. Summer storms irritated the young woman, who disliked the unpredictable nature of thunder, lightning, rain and wind. Tossing those thoughts aside like leaves in the wind, however, Kuminari was startled from her wandering thoughts by the sound of a high pitched yelp. Blinking wide brown eyes, the young woman turned in the direction from which the sound had come and made her way cautiously towards it.

The hazed out form of someone standing on the edge of the river caused the harper to pause and she frowned comically as she watched the naked form - obviously that of a woman - wade into the water. Pursing her lips Kuminari debated between making her presence known or making her way back to the Weyr proper. She really didn't have any desire what so ever to frolic in the cold waters of the river with a naked woman, but she was also aware that leaving the silly girl out to drown was inadvisable. Heaving a massive, irritated sigh, Kuminari continued out until she stood on the edge of the river, scowling down at Lymsleia.

"You do realise swimming alone is dangerous, right?"

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Pop. The spalsh of the water as Lymlseia surfaced at the response of the voice  was loud. In the wanning light, she could make out the form of another woman. Though she couldn't be 100 percent sure as she brushed the water from her eyes. She stood in the deeper water simply surveying the other.

She wasn't shivering yet, and the cooling waters that swirlled around her reminded her that she was not Falen's hold, not anymore. The scenery was different. The trees and even hte stars were /wrong/. "I know it is, but I just needed to get away from the men.." she says bringing her hands down on the water with a large splash.

She jumped a moment when she realized her splashing might wet the other woman. "I just neededt o get away from them, one of them is a jerk, many of them are very sweet..., but..." she  shook her head. "I'm Lymsleia. Journeywoman, Healer.

Kuminari

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Kuminari  took a delicate step backwards when Lymsleia resurfaced, nose scrunching up delicately in disgust as the water lapped towards her slippered feet. Hazelnut eyes glared down at the other woman with indignation when she realised the other was completely naked. Really! Had she no modesty at all? Just because they had been stolen by sex crazed beast riders didn't mean they had to turn primal alongside them. The older woman tossed her head, flicking her long red hair back over her shoulder and brushed her long fringe back from her eyes, still crinkled with distaste.

"Obviously," she drawled, taking another step back as Lymsleia splashed around. Of course the other woman was escaping from the men of the Weyr. That,  of course, was why she had left a trail of clothing and was splashing around naked in the river in the dusk. Kuminari had her doubts about exactly what crowd Lymsleia was hoping to attract. As the woman continued, Kuminari decided she was more likely to attract the creep she was trying to avoid, as opposed to those that were sweet. Sweet people did not frolic naked in rivers at dusk. Sniffing indignantly, Kuminari raised an eyebrow.

"I know who you are," she said irritably, folding her arms across her chest. Kuminari had been an intel Journeywoman before she was swept away indignantly by the horrid beasts and their stupid winged partners. She knew all the names of those who were reported missing over the past several Turns, and was not at all surprised when she discovered the vast majority of them wandering the would-be Weyr. Kuminari didn't bother to introduce herself. If the woman didn't know who she was, she obviously wasn't worth the effort.

"Are you almost done?" Kuminari had no desire to spend any more time than was required baby sitting some silly woman who had a death wish. Really!

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia wet her lips as she appriased the woman who stood before her. "You're not comfortable in your own skin.." she breathed softly. The cooler, though still warm night air blew across her skin and raised  her flesh. Even in the heated south, the blowing of a breeze could remind one of the temprature.

In the fading the light the hair, and ponderd as she  appraised her. "Kuminari." she said after a thought. "I know you well enough. You wear makeup." she smiled gently as she said. Lymselia was far too much a minor holder-girl in a 'wayward' hold, that held people who long-ago had not chosen what would become the norm of Hold life and it showned in her mannerisms. Lymselia didn't pain her face, she was well groomed indeed, but practical in her style.

She moved closer to shore and stepped onto the the dryer land. Unashamedo f her body, she let her naked form hang in the air. Let her get a look at what a /real/ woman should look like. She thought to herself. Lymselia tried to keep her lips straint as she bent over to pick up her clothing and hang them over a branch. "I am done for the moment. I may decide to go back in  though." she say on a decently sized bare riverstone.

"I haven't seen you in for your dose of contractive herbs, or teas.. or those rather inguenous little sheep-things that men can wear over their..." she smiled at the thought of using the word that might be far to medical for the delicate holder flower. She reveled though, as she glanced over her shoulder at Kuminari. Where the girl was almost as pale as mountain snow, Lymsleia was as dark as good fertile earth, or maybe a decent cup of klah, with some cinnamon, and maybe a dash of milk- just a dash. But as she looked over the Harper-girl, she frowned. She wouldn't survive here. This girl didn't know the first thing about life outside of a cushy window seat with men practically throwing themselves at her. That much She was sure about. "What do you know about me, Lady?" she asks softly.

Kuminari

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Kuminari felt her eyebrows raise as she stared down at Lymsleia, her brown eyes sparkling with amusement as she flicked her head, and her arms unfolded so her hands rested lightly on her small hips. The younger girl really thought Kuminari was afraid of her own body? A laugh escaped the redhead's lips, the sound low and scornful as she stepped lightly away from the other girl. So, because Kuminari wore make up and refused to flaunt her body before any who may be close by, she was afraid of it?

"You know nothing of me," Kuminari snapped, irritation warring against disbelief. The older woman didn't know what to think of such a ridiculous claim. Kuminari was more than comfortable with her body, and took a great deal of pride in it. The fact that her carefully chosen clothing - which was designed to accentuated her build with carefully crafted details, - and her delicately applied make up made Lymsleia not only believe she was uncomfortable with her body, but also that she knew her, blew Kuminari's mind. Where did this girl come up with such things?

Kuminari didn't so much as flinch as Lymsleia came strutting up out of the river towards her; her hazelnut eyes did a lazy, unimpressed sweep of the younger girl's body before returning to meet Lymsleia's gaze, her expression bored. "Yay," she drawled, as Lymsleia took a seat. That was her Weyr-ly duties done then, right? She'd made sure the silly healer hadn't drowned herself in the river and now she could head back. She did want to get back in before it got too much darker, so she could wrap up her evening routine and go to bed. A girl needs a good night's sleep.

The Intel-Harper's eyebrows rose under the cover of her fringe as Lymsleia continued her spiel and once more the young woman's arms crossed under her chest as she tilted her head and glared at the healer. "Contraceptives are against the new Weyr rules, as announced by the Weyrleader." Her tone was clipped, and clearly stated that she would be more than happy to tattle on the girl if she gave her any tiny reason. It was the Weyrleader's new demand that women have at least one child to add to the Weyr, which meant Lymsleia was going against his requests by asking why a young woman such as herself was not taking suck precautions. Kuminari tossed her head, flicking her hair back over her shoulders.

Gaving Lymsleia an irritated look, Kuminari shifted her weight slightly from one foot to the other while she decided whether or not to bother answering the young healer. "Lymsleia, Falen Hold. Journeywoman healer - Junior. You were reported missing by late 230. I expect you, like the others including myself, can now count yourself as 'deceased', as they did with those that disappeared in the late 220's." Giving Lymsleia a self satisfied look, the young woman brushed her hands down her summer slip and prepared to leave.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia kept silent as Kuminaru spoke. The woman was insufferable. She was high minded. An the clothing she wore, reminded her in the difference of her station- at least at the hold level. Kuminari's family could afford makeup, and finer clothing. "Kuminari... holder's d-- Lord Holder's daughter's of... Fort?" she puzzled a moment. The new Weyr rules.  She rolled her eyes. "I simply believe they were a suggestion that everyone woman do their part. It wasn't a mandate. IT was a suggestion. There's a clutch on the sands.." she raises her finger. and gestures towards the direction of the Weyr.

"Most women who are eligible should be standing. I have no problem with women have children. I am a journeyman Healer, with an speciality in Midwifery." she explains with a sort of pride. "I did speak to the weyrleadership about it. Its a stress I am worried about. The expectation that women should simply allow themselves to get pregnant is a bit much. Especially if it /is/ actually a mandate. You know how much work and record keeping that will be?" She asks Kuminari with a firm tone as toweled herself off, and redressed herself in her simple pants, and a blouse. Lymselia began to reach for Kuminari's shoulder.

"You haven't seen a woman in childbirth have you? I mean.. in the the last moments before they /die./ Because someone decided to to breed them like a mare, child after child? I have. Its not uncommon in some holds. Mostly the slightly bigger holds, though Kuminari. It's why I worry. From the stories told, women at a weyr have a bit more choice. Especially when it comes to their children."

She grabbed her towel and ran a hand down her long, black hair carefully. She was silent for a long while as began to move away from Kuminari, that woman with her fine, and fancy airs, and breeding it got on her nerves. It was just like a fancy bred runner. They looked good, but  could they pull a cart, or work in a team- not likely. She was a midwife, and Kuminari was a harper. Two very seperate worlds.

She slowed down her walk, after a moment, there wasn't much distance she realized, but it was fine. Kuminari had her opinion. "Tell if you like. I made sure the leadership knew my position on the whole matter." she called back to the other woman. "Believe me, they know." she drew a breath as she rung the towel. The Leadership had made their call, but at what cost? Every child they added to a Weyr was good, but were any of those women ready? She would check her supplies and stores of herbs when she got back. She couldn't change the ruling, but maybe she could give them a choice.

She knew she herself didn't want any children yet. She wanted a good solid life,not a swollen belly. She mused at the thought of her own child. It would be nice... but who would be interested in sleeping with her? Maybe after this clutch it'd be easier to acknowledge such a manadate.  Why not suggest a new hold up nothing and spirit those people away. They could be pronounced lost, and easily the north would be none the wiser.

Kuminari

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
"Really?" Kuminari drawled, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I wasn't aware." The harper woman didn't bother to justify Lymsleia's words with a roll of her hazelnut eyes - that would be far to dignifying for the healer. Instead, she let her left eyebrow twitch under the cover of her fringe and snorted delicately. Anyone who wasn't aware of the Clutch currently roasting on the Sands, the grouchy queen or the fact that the Weyr was in that particular direction, was obviously more than a little broken.

"Uh-huh," total disinterest coated the words that were barely spoken past full, well cared for lips. Kuminari wasn't sure why this girl was telling her things she already knew, but she really wasn't interested in the refresher course. Kuminari had a fantastic mind for information, and even if she didn't, why would she want to be educated in someone's personal life, by said person, standing naked in the darkness? A scowl wrought the young woman's features into an expression of disgust.

"Well, as facinating as your life story is," Kuminari snapped, irritated by the self-absorbed girl and her ramblings, "I really don't care. Now, if you're quite done, how about you skip along in that general direction and make sure some whore isn't birthing her dragonspawn."

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia remained silent as Kuminari talked. "Kuminari.." she said softly abruptly stopping, and drawing a breath. She had take the time on her short paces to adjust her clothing. Her pants  were fastened, the  threaded ties on her shirt were as well. She'd have to remind herself to find a Weaver or a clothier, buttons were sorely needed, even if they were simply and old. "You know you are the first girl here who's actually reminded me of the girls back home." she said gentle.

Darkened skin against the darkening night, Lymselia ran her hands through her damp hair, thankful for the humidity which-she hoped- would soon dry it. " Why don't we stop trying to stone each-other with barbs and insults? Let's just be friends." she tapped her booted foot against the ground. She wasn't exactly impatient but it did remind her that she really didn't have any solid friendships. "And unfortunately, in theory-- it will be use one day being 'whores who birth dragonspawn' as you  put it. So perhaps we'd just best stop being so mean to each other."

Bitting her lip as she peered through the darkness with her blue eyes,Lymsleia  tried to contemplate what sort of person Kuminari was.  "We could walk back together. It'd be safer that way."

Kuminari

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
"I highly doubt that," Kuminari responded shortly, scowling irritably at Lymsleia. The young woman had absolutely no plans to ever commit any time to investing in dragonspawsn, her own, others, or the literal beasts that would burst from the eggs. Her nose scrunched up in distaste. Dragons were ugly, self righteous creatures and she had no love of them. Their riders were abrasive, obnoxious and terribly rude. They certainly weren't going to see any more of her skin than her ankles if she had any say in the matter - which she did!

"Friends." Kuminari stated bluntly, looking at Lymsleia as if she had completely lost her mind. "Why under the three Sisters would I want to be friends?" Hazelnut eyes darkened briefly in confusion, before she tossed her head arrogantly and dispelled the expression and any lingering emotion. "No." Her answer was firm, as she looked the other girl up and down. She knew of her, but their brief encounter here, rather than in passing, had simply confirmed to Kuminari that even if Lymsleia could be of use to her, the girl wouldn't stoop off her clearly diamond encrusted pedestal. Kuminari had no use for people with such high morals and loose modesty. Such people were useless in Kuminari's line of work.

"Fine." Snapping the four letter word, Kuminari spun lightly, and swept up the path, not bothering to see if Lymsleia was going to keep up with her. It had gotten quite a bit later than she had anticipated spending out and about, and she still had things to do back in the Barracks.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Alone in the dark , with her thoughts Lymsleia took a moment to silence her breathing. Just for a second, to hear the steps of the woman die away. Lymsleia walked slowly back to the Candidate barracks.

She didn't want to be friends. Kuminari didn't care. Lymsleia found a stone and skipped it along the water for a moment. Well that was fine with her, Lymsleia told herself as she watched the stone disappear into the water. She didn't really need that snobby, high-hold bred girl. She grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her as she watched the moons begin to appear over the horizon. She drew a deep and steady breath. She missed home. She missed her mother. She missed Falen's hold, and her aunts.

Lymsleia raised her head as the moons came to view. "Sisters," she murmured as she found the DawnSisters in the night sky. "would it be to much to ask to maybe nudge a little good luck my way?" she asked quietly.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)