World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

The Million-Mark Question [B'jin]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Do not feel the need to defend me Khaduceth warned dourly, his  steady voice a bit weightier than usual. T'lian ignored him rather pointedly, instead scratching Fellis' neck and watching as the fire lizard purred for him. Khaduceth sensed that his request had gone unheard, and simply sighed. If T'lian was determined, well...what could the brown dragon really do? He wouldn't dare tread on the boy's right to deal with the issue as he saw fit, and he wouldn't dare try to tell him what to do. The dragon accepted it with quiet reservations. It was not often that his own opinion on what was best for the young healer contradicted T'lian's.  It was so rare, in fact, that he wasn't sure what to do.

You trust me is what you do T'lian said to him, borderline grumpy. Khaduceth purred lightly, gently reassuring his bonded that he'd accepted his decision and earning a small pat to the shoulder in response.

With that, he looked over his shoulder. "Think this is all right, B'jin?" he called out. When the greenrider had latched onto him back mat the landing area nd asked him his plans, T'lian had eagerly informed him that he had nothing at all in mind, but the mutual implication was clear; He didn't have anything planned, but spending some time together would be an excellent way to remedy that. T'lian missed the times when he and B'jin could lounge around all the time. Lessons had distracted them both, but fortunately, they'd slacked off enough that they no longer consumed all of the T'lian's time. When he wasn't being a weyrling, though, he wanted to be a healer...but B'jin always had to be Weyrling Master. There just hadn't been any time!

At least today was good for something. The plans had quickly been made and the two had set off. T'lian flew only a short distance before landing, and he was sure B'jin would be along shortly after. He thought he could still hear his classmates babbling beyond the treeline, but at least he couldn't sharding see them.

I won't make a big deal of it T'lian promised softly, grinning as he caught sight of B'jin. I just want to ask is all. He was a big boy. He could handle the truth. He could handle it, and he deserved it..and Khaduceth couldn't argue with that.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B’jin smiled without cause as he followed quietly after Talian; he hadn’t bothered to collect Larrikith up, the green enjoying herself as she pranced around the gathering and teased friends or spoke to those whom she considered worth the effort. A couple of weyrlings were trotting along with her, the riders sprouting questions that the green would answer – or not – as she so deemed worthy. B’jin was content to leave her to her games, and she would join him if she decided to later.

“It’s all the same to me,” B’jin smiled, both honest and unfazed as he caught up to his foster son and looked around, still curious about the area that had been selected for them. It wasn’t anywhere near the location B’jin and N’mall had occupied during the exiled turns, and was far enough removed from the Weyr that B’jin had never seen the area. It was interesting and exciting! Their reasoning for being there was terrible, of course, but B’jin was quite prepared to make the most of it.

“This area is pretty, though,” and it was, the greenriders attention more than caught up in the garden provided by nature, and a lack of being imposed upon by humans and dragons alike. It would probably be a mess, by the time the day trip was prepared to pack up and head home once more, but B’jin wasn’t thinking of that, as he grinned impishly at Talian and closed the distance with swift steps to join the young man, still more looking at the areas around them, than the dragon and his rider.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

T'lain smiled and slipped down from Khaduceth's neck. He almost stumbled, but he managed to catch himself and correct his balance just in time. Khaduceth had a moment of concerned, eyes flashing yellow as he fanned his wings in preparation to try and catch the healer before he fell, but settled into a happy rumble when he realized that everyone was fine. The brown folded his wings and plopped down on the ground, folding his wings neatly at his sides as T'lian seated himself on the back of the dragon's neck.  Khaduceth had gotten big, and while it made him a pain to take care of and rather intimidating to ride, it meant he was good for sitting on.

Fellis chirped and curled up in T'lian's lap. The boy smiled and stroked the little green as he watched B'jin approach. "It is," Tal agreed, glancing around the clearing without bothering to get up. He liked his seat very much. He liked physical contact with those that he loved, and as nervous as T'lian had been when he was first bonded to the brown, he'd never doubted for a second that he loved the creature.

T'lian glanced towards B'jin, eyeing the joyful greenrider with amusement. He loved how even under such negative circumstances, B'jin could be so cheery. Of course, T'lian was also well aware of his father's tendency to overlook or intentionally forget about unpleasant things. He wondered what sort of deep trauma must have been there to make B'jin live in such denial. The healer had never plumbed those particular depths, at least not when he didn't feel it necessary, just as he'd never given many sordid details of his biological father's abuse to a concerned B'jin. They both knew without asking that the other had suffered, and they both loved the other regardless of those unspoken demons.

A playful joke about 'you'd never now it was execution-day' almost escaped the young man, but he thought better of it. "You're in a good mood," he said instead as he continued to stroke Fellis. "I missed you. I only ever see you in class." Shards, was T'lian thankful to have B'jin as his teacher! Desire to please the man was the only thing keeping him going sometimes, though being a below-average student was proving infuriating. "I did more extra flying yesterday," Tal reported, though the lack of pride in his tone suggested that it hadn't gone well. Khaduceth huffed. We fly as well as we need to. Who cares what our classmates thing? They're all idiots anyhow the dragon mumbled.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin looked back at Talian, his impish grin turning devious as he threw a wink at the boy, but didn’t bother to add a vocal explanation to his good mood. The entire class had made it through in one piece, one beautiful, wonderful whole piece, and an unspoken agreement to meet up with R’nd after lunch guaranteed all types of enjoyment, and he had managed to dump the rest of his class on a big mouthed bronze rider. B’jin was thrilled.

“Good thing I’m not teaching this latest class,” B’jin teased, plopping to the ground gracefully and crossing his legs. He rested his elbows on his knees, and his chin in his hands, still grinning impishly. “All greens and a gold! I think I would go insane!” It was going to be a dramatic sex-fest when those girls started to take to the skies! B’jin was glad he wouldn’t be the one having to handle them all, or keep randy riders at bay! Talian and his nurses would probably be particularly busy putting the poor boys back together; the greenrider had no idea if their Weyrlingmaster had made them do the dirty before being allowed to Impress, but the number of people who had scoffed at him for requiring it didn’t bode well for the brats.

B’jin laughed at Talian’s surly tone, and shifted to rock back a little, folding his hands across his lap and tilting his head at Talian. “You fly fine, Tal.” B’jin rolled his eyes, unconcerned by the boy’s lack of pride in his own abilities. If he had seen how badly B’jin and Larrikith had been during their first flights, all those years ago, he’d probably die of laughter. B’jin’s impish grin returned. “At least you know which end of your dragon is the front.” It was mean, to pick on his little pet bluerider, but the boy was useless in the most adorable way B’jin had ever seen. It was funny too, because he had somehow managed to dump the young rider-to-be on R’nd, and got to snigger at his lover for large chunks of his teaching time.

“He has no cracks, or rough hide.” B’jin shrugged again, a little more seriously. “The worse you fly, the less chance of being rotated into a wing.” He smirked, clearly smugly pleased with himself. “My reports for you might be a little,” he held his thumb and forefinger a minute way apart, “dramatised on your lack of skills.” Brown eyes sparkled proudly. He couldn’t stop the boy’s Impression – though he’d done his best! So he was doing what he could to keep him out of the skies, and B’jin was far too smug about his current success.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

B'jin's reassurances fell on deaf ears, at least until the part about wings. Talian found himself grinning a bit as he reached down to pet Khaduceth's soft hide some more. "Maybe it's good that we suck, then," he muttered with grim humor. He hated being bad at things, even things he hadn't particularly wanted to do from the start. Khauceth didn't appreciate the sentiment, because in his eyes, they far from sucked. They were just a little behind,was all...which was a perfectly acceptable excuse when they had much better things to be doing.

"Khaduceth hates it," Talian went on. He continued to stroke the dragon's hide lovingly, but most of his attention stayed on B'jin. "He always says he'd rather me stay and do an extra shift at the healing hall instead. At first I thought it was just to appease me, but I think he likes watching." I do like watching Kkhaduceth interjected loftily. Of course he liked watching. Talian was the best, and that job was so much more important than being another one of the Weyrleader's faceless flunkies! S'kef and Tyrrisath could go fly themselves, old bastards...

Kkhaduceth's mild grumpiness brought a smile to his rider's face. It was endearing, how smug and high-and-mighty the brown dragon could be. I love you T'lian whispered, glancing towards B'jin. His smile slowly faded. "Thank you, by the way. For the er...dramatizing," he said. B'jin always had gone out of his way to look after the boy, and he couldn't thank the greenrider enough for it. "You're a life-saver, you know that?" The only thing B'jin had failed to save Talian from since the unofficial adoption was Khaduceth, and by now he was convinced that the dragon could have crawled across the whole weyr to find him, anyhow.

Tal stood up, then approached B'jin for a hug. "Dad? Can I ask you a question?"

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

“You’re welcome,” the two words were almost sing-songy in the way B’jin delivered them, brown eyes bright with mirth. He enjoyed playing down Talian’s adequate dragonrider skills. The boy was far from as horrible as he made himself out to be, but B’jin would agree he was far from the top of his class – which he was pretty sure was the issue. If Talian didn’t care that he wasn’t at the top of the class, he would probably end up doing better overall. But, he did care, and B’jin couldn’t be bothered fighting with him about it, or that fat lump of a dragon he rode, either. Honestly, though, B’jin enjoyed being able to help his little healer by dramatising how awful a rider he was. Talian belonged in the Healer Hall, not in the sky!

B’jin smiled, tolerant and amused as he hugged Talian lightly when the young healer approached him. “Of course.” The words were answer to both the rhetorical question, and the legitimate one Talian put forth as B’jin lightly kissed the top of the boy’s head. A naughty smile played over B’jin’s lips as he leaned back on his arms and peered across at Talian from where he was seated. “I may not answer, though!” The words were clearly teasing, and the playful smile didn’t so much as twitch as B’jin grinned at the weyrling.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"You'd better," Talian said, his tone warm rather than aggressive. He looked up at B'jin, his expression borderline teasing in spite of the seriousness of the day's events and his intended question. Something about B'jin made it hard for the boy to stress out these days. B'jin had long been a soothing influence on him, and his mere presence was often enough to draw a smile from the healer. Smiles came easier now than they once had, and even grumpy Khaduceth had to admit that Bjin was necessary in a special way.

"You'd better," Tal repeated, peeling away and poking B'jin's shoulder with his hand. The young man cleared his throat in an unnecessarily dignified way, glancing back at Khaduceth for a spilt-second of reassurance. Tal knew that B'jin could take things badly or even miss the point entirely, especially if it was something he didn't want to hear.

"I was just thinking, Dad...I wanted to know if Khaduceth...bothers you," he said, squinting awkwardly as he searched for the right words. How to articulate this? "I'm not mad or anything, I swear! I mean.."

And then the spiral began.

"...I know it bothered you when I was hostile to Larrikith, but Dad...I get it. I mean, I understand, I just wish I knew why? Because I don't, um." Um what? "I don't see as much of you anymore, and I know that you were kind of uncomfortable around Khaduceth when he was born...it's just little signs, I guess. I've seen you act like he upsets you or something...I mean, are you okay?"

Wow, I fucked that up

Khaduceth looked dispassionately at B'jin and huffed. He wanted to reassure Talian that he had not fucked up, but it was kind of hard to argue that point at the moment. Still, the ever-supportive dragon would find a way. If he were less delicate, you wouldn't have to explain in such a way the dragon grumbled.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin’s head tilted slightly to one side, watching Talian with a slight frown as the young man appeared to be fighting to find words – something B’jin could understand, if he took the time to recognise it – and he folded his hands neatly in his lap, letting the young man squirm away as he finally began. The greenrider blinked in surprise, before frowning in confusion. Khaduceth bother him? He started to shake his head, utterly confused, before Talian was off again and B’jin stopped, wondering what was going on.

“He doesn’t bother me,” B’jin said slowly, completely confused and taking the question very literally. Khaduceth had never spoken to him, and B’jin’s own thick skulled inability to hear dragons easily had meant that even as Hatchlings, B’jin had only been able to hear the loudest of them for those first few months before they learned to control how far they radiated their thoughts. He couldn’t recall Khaduceth ever being loud enough to speak, and likely he wouldn’t have recalled it anyway; he really did go out of his way not to hear other dragons and was especially dedicated to forgetting when he was forced to hear them.

B’jin raised a hand, brushing it over his face and back through his hair as he shook his head slightly. He was still confused, and he couldn’t remember where Larrikith fit into the odd spiel of words though he knew he’d heard her name at some point, along with accusations..? “He doesn’t bother me,” B’jin repeated, both looking and sounding utterly confused. “I don’t hear dragons very well. I like it that way.” That was pointed; he didn’t want to hear them talking to him and he didn’t want them in his brain. It was bad enough that Larrikith lived in there. Ayyonth only visited rarely and was very polite, while Veeth was cute enough to get away with his cheerful little pranks.

hahaha, he's an idiot xD

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian's hopeful expression bled out into a blank stare as B'jin spoke. Sweet Faranth, he doesn't get it he swore softly to himself. Normally he'd be endeared by his father's willfully ignorant, stubborn, airheaded, scatter-brained ways, but now was not the time! Fellis let out a mildly confused chirp, trying to comfort his bonded in the face of his unexpected distress, and Khauceth just let out a snort of contempt. He's an idiot, you know he said in a dry tone, eyes flickering with the bastard child of amusement and disgust.

I know Talian said sullenly. But I love him dearly just the same. And if Khaduceth knew what was good for him, he'd keep his smug, smartass comments to himself! The brown picked up on that easily enough and immediately clammed up, though beneath his frustration, Talian could sense a sort of powerless desire to help lurking in the dragon. Khaduceth wanted to make it right, but there just wasn't anything he could do.

Talian sighed softly. "That's not what I meant,' he said gently. "I mean...does it bother you that I Impressed? I mean, I know you hoped I wouldn't because you were worried about me. But ever since then you've been sort of...not avoiding me, but uncomfortable around me. I just wondered if it was something about Khaduceth." He frowned, then looked at his feet in shame. "...Or if it's something about me. Something I've done. I love you, Dad...and I know I had trouble with Larri at first, but I tried hard until I got over it...I just hate to think that I'm...fucking up somehow...And..." Oh Faranth, he was rambling again. He flushed horribly and backed up until he felt his ass bump into Khaduceth's neck. He instinctively sat down.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

The greenrider frowned, tilting his head to one side as he listened to Talian babble, brown eyes hazy with confusion. He couldn’t understand why Talian was upset, when he had previously seemed to – while not be happy – but at least content with the way his life had rolled around. He shook his head slightly. He simply didn’t see where Talian was coming up with the idea that he was dissatisfied with him.

“Why would it be you?” The questions was both rhetorical and curious, and B’jin shook his head, slightly bemused. “You didn’t choose to Impress,” the greenrider’s gaze flickered to the dragon behind Talian, then back to the young man’s face. “Why would I think less of you for it? What can’t help what gets dealt to us, just how we play the cards.” B’jin shrugged slightly, only bothering to lift one shoulder. “Your dragon could have done better to respect your desires not to Impress, but what is done is done.” B’jin shrugged again, still vaguely confused by what it was Talian was after. Hadn’t he already told the boy most of this stuff?

“I would never think less of you, Talian.” He leaned forward, smirking impishly. “You’d have to be a lot worse to irk me,” the boy was trying and while it would certainly be a struggle to call him anything more than ‘adequate’, he was hardly a bad dragonrider. Just, his skills would certainly be of much more use in at least a dozen other areas than putting him in a fighting wing. He’d either drive his wingmates completely insane, or end up killing himself or his dragon, likely from frustration causing an error in judgement.

“You’re still you.” He smiled again, leaning back slightly and kicking his legs out, resting his weight backwards on his hands, elbows locked. “You just have a fat lump living in your brain now, too.” It wasn’t even spoken as an insult; B’jin called Larrikith a fat lump all the time. It didn’t occur to him that Talian or Khaduceth might view it as an insult, and his smile was playful.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Tal didn't take it as an insult, and Khaduceth though too well of himself to bother being insulted. The healer just smiled, while his brown loomed behind, content in the knowledge that while B'jin could think he'd been wrong to choose the boy all he wanted, B'jin would never understand how badly Tal needed him. The healer, meanwhile, was oblivious to the dueling philosophies in his two favorite guardians. He would perhaps have agreed with both of them, but it was probably for the best that nobody asked.

"I just worry," he confessed. "I guess I just...worry too much.  I thought I sensed a lot of discomfort in you, especially around Kahduceth. And.." He cut his eyes towards the dragon, who exhaled slowly and indifferently. Tell him! Tal frowned. "...He says you don't like him. I don't think he cares, but it worried me because I didn't want you to ....gah. I sound crazy. Fuck it."

He dove into B'jin's chest and gave him the biggest, tightest hug he had in a while. He could feel Khaduceth's laughter in the back of his head. I'm not fragile. Your B'jin does not have to like me he said with the same indifference, though this time it was also tinged with warmth. He leaned over and nosed Tal's side with his snout, threatening to knock both him and B'jin over if the pair didn't wriggle out of the way.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

“You worry too much,” B’jin grumbled, though there was affection thick in the tones and a small smile was still lingering on his lips. An eye roll was offered at the accusation of not liking Khaduceth, and B’jin gave Talian a flat look, mildly amused. “I don’t like him?” It was meant to be a statement, for he didn’t like the dragon, but came out mildly questioning and B’jin shrugged slightly. He wasn’t going to lie to the boy, but he could play civil and liked to think he’d done a decent job of it since their Impression.

B’jin’s breath exploded from him in surprise and he rocked backwards when Talian launched at him, the greenrider wrapping one arm around the boy and using the other to catch their weight. Laughter filled the silence, and B’jin sat up, wrapping the other arm around Talian to hold the healer for a moment before loosening his grip and tilting his head curiously. “You’re an odd… one,” B’jin said, his statement starting with amused and laughing tones before fading off as he drew back from the very large brown face disturbingly close to his own.

The greenrider was completely unaware of the way he drew back, the way he faltered in finishing his statement, or the way he continued to stare at Khaduceth with anxiety as the dragon remained close. He rocked with Talian when Khaduceth nudged the young healer’s side, and his gaze flickered between the boy and his dragon before turning, attention captured by Larrikith as she popped out of between above and beyond them some. The green dragon landed behind the pair of humans and walked a little closer; B’jin visibly relaxed, and his light smile returned as he turned back to Talian, tickling his ribs.

Are you cruel, or just arrogant? Larrikith’s words were carefully for Khaduceth only as she sat down primly behind the two men and stared at the young dragon with mild irritation. You’re too intelligent not to be aware of his discomfort, and yet you shove your face up his arse anyway. Her tone clearly dismissed Khaduceth’s actions as ‘typical brown’, but her voice held a hint of disappointment. She had expected more from Khaduceth in general. B’jin, oblivious to his dragon scolding her student, continued to poke teasingly at Talian’s side, not quite tickling properly though his actions were designed to make the boy squirm.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"You already knew that," Tal said, smiling at B'jin. Of course he was odd...they both were. They were both odd, broken, out of sorts, and in spite of it all, gloriously alive. How curious, for someone so dour as Talian to come to such a joyful conclusion on a day like today. His mind was weary of being sad and reclusive, and his gentle side was loathe to think about what was going on back within the Weyr's bounds. It was much more pleasant to focus on his relief and momentary contentment. Maybe it wouldn't kill him to live in the moment from time to time, if only for a few precious moments. People were always telling him that the real world would still be there for him when he took a moment to check back.

Of course, his eyes remained sharp no matter the wandering state of his mind. He saw the discomfort he'd suspected resurface as Khaduceth drew near. B'jin looked...not angry or frightened, but just uncomfortable. Tal frowned, wanting to fix it, and he considered speaking up. Of course, B'jin would probably just deny it and start the circle over again...

Tal didn't have time to linger on it. Moments later, he found himself under attack. "Ack! No! No! No!" he squealed, voice reaching a distressingly high pitch. Fellis chirped and vanished, intimidated by the shouting. Kjaduceth just purred, happy to see that B'jin had the good sense to furnish a distraction from the unpleasantness. Good human!

The brown watched, backing off a bit for the sake of B'jin's comfort. When Larrikith approached and spoke to him, he paused for a long moment to consider his answer.

I have not harmed him he said simply. His tone wasn't exactly dismissive, but it was not exactly concerned either. Larrikith was worrying about her bonded; he would expect that, and it was her right, but that didn't change the fact that she was being silly. and I will not harm him. I have taken care to never comment on his prejudices he reminded her. He mentally shrugged, then yawned and curled up in the grass, content to let the tickle fight progress. He would feel his bonded's happiness in that moment, even if he was being tickled, and even if he'd learned more from B'jin's physical cues than from his words. Tal wasn't stupid. He knew the truth now, but he was accepting, and everything would be all right.

It is good to see how happy they make each other he commented lightly, his mindvoice private, restricted to himself and Larrikith. He didn't know if she would choose to keep talking to him or not, but he wasn't worried either way. The comment was his own way of expressing good faith in both green and rider, and she could take it or not. Personally? Tal's laughter was a good backdrop for a nap.

Talian was less calm. He flailed wildly and shouted, hoping that someone somewhere would think he was being murdered and come to his aid.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)