World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Stupid heat [M'din]

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
He was sweating. He hated sweating - unless of course he happened to be sweating in his bed with a lovely woman beneath him - he disliked the rapidly smoldering heat of the south. He bit into the redfruit he had packed. He glanced out to the water where the big brown behemoth he called lifemate, frolicked and played like a hatchling. Ironth had pestered him until he'd relented. He had been content to spend the day in the shadows of his well ventilated hut, catching a cool breeze here and there. But noooo.. Ironth had insisted. Even went so far as to play on his anxiety to get K'ton to come to the lake. He shook his head as he ripped another bite from the fruit. It wasn't like Ironth to settle with deceit when cajoling and pesters didn't work. I was hot and you weren't listening the brown said as he sank beneath the water, bright eyes shining from beneath the waves.

Of course I wasn't listening. I was comfortable Ironth, he told the dragon. He sighed with pleasure when a breeze rolled off the blue water in front of him, momentarily drying the sweat that coated his skin. But his pleasure was short lived as the breeze was cut short and sweat sprang up again. I hate it here Ironth, his words were miserable as he attempted to create his own breeze. Oh I don't know. I kind of like it down here. Its warm most of the time. There's no snow and I get to play with fire lizards the last was said rather slyly as the dragon swam about.

Now don't you start that again, Ironth! he huffed. Firelizards. The bane of his existence. They were loud, obnoxious and got into everything. And of course Ironth had a penchant for the nasty little buggers. The brown continually bothered him about one. He wanted a friend he said. Like K'ton couldn't be all the friend he needed. I think one would be fun the brown said then I would have someone to talk to when you're... Busy K'ton rolled his eyes, Why can't you just make friends with another dragon? You'd still have someone to talk to who is at least moderately intelligent. The dragon lumbered out of the water to waddle over to K'ton, dripping on his rider as he did so. Ironth! You're getting water all over me! Move! he said as he attempted to scramble out of the way.

I have friends that are dragons, he said as he went to settle under the shade of a redfruit tree. Uh huh.. Sure you do. And I'm Sorka Hanrahan The dragon huffed, I do. And you can't be Sorka Hanrahan. You're a man and I am definitely not a gold The dragon said, which brought about even more eye rolling from K'ton. Grabbing at his basket as he chuckled at Ironth words, K'ton grabbed another fruit. As he turned to lean back against the tree, he spied someone coming this way. Look Ironth. Here's your opportunity to make a new friend! For the life of me I can't remember his name though, he said as he furrowed his brows in mock concentration. M'din of brown Armath Ironth supplied and would have rolled his eyes had he been capable.

By no means do you have to match that!

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Brown hair covered by a wide-brimmed hat, M'din had been sure to take the proper precautions to prevent sunburning on the bright, blistering day. Last time he and Armath spent the afternoon swimming at the lake, the fair skinned man had burned his flesh into a lusty shade of pink. Only his robust beard offered his cheeks protection from the rays. Today, the pair had left Katila just after lunch, lazily flying and puttering down the river to the southern beach. Armath had discovered he could reach the deepest sections of the river with his hind legs, snapping at waterfowl and turtles as only his head peeked out of the water. M'din had jumped into the river behind his dragon, holding onto his neck underwater, until he learned just how long Armath could hold his breath. 

After an hour of disturbing the local fauna and drifting downstream, Armath leaped into the air, drying himself as he flew the remaining distance to the lake. M'din strolled to the beach, casually watching the brown soar overhead. He hummed off-key, enjoying the warmth and solitude of walking far away from Katila for an outdoor adventure.

Ironth and... his rider are ahead, said Armath. Forgetting the rider's name, he amended, The one who frequently tries to mate. 

Ah, K'ton! replied M'din. Although he'd met K'ton only once several turns ago, he recalled stories of the skirt-chaser on the lips of many women at the Weyr. He wondered if he could ever cultivate such a reputation before Armath wrecked his thoughts with a firm--

No. Not even close.

M'din nodded prudently. He watched Ironth play in the lake, partially submerged as Armath had been, as K'ton lounged beneath a tree. With a grin he waved, brushing the brim of his straw hat with a thick arm. M'din enjoyed spending time with most people, but always sensed a certain kinship with other brownriders. He'd felt a happy swell of pleasure from Armath upon spotting Ironth, knowing the other small-for-his-color brown would not give him an unintentional inferiority complex about his size.

By the time they approached the redfruit tree, Ironth had joined his rider in the shade. "Hello, K'ton! Hello, Ironth! Are you enjoying the sunshine?" As M'din stood greeting the others, Armath abruptly landed and crawled past him, commanding giddily, Ironth, let's swim. Without waiting for a response he sailed over the lake, nosediving into the clear water at top speed.

I'm picturing the Loch Ness Monster every time I think of Armath and Ironth swimming, lol.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'ton waved back to M'din as the other man walked towards him. M'din had been smart and worn a wide brimmed hat and K'ton kicked himself for not thinking of the same. You are not always the smartest, K'ton Ironth said with amusement. Truth be told the brown often thought his rider acted something like a wherry at times, always rushing ahead and never thinking things through. He, of course, would never tell the rather sensitive man that. K'ton could feel a small sense of foreboding from Ironth as the pair approached. His brown had something of social anxiety and every now and again would feel just a small ounce of fear when confronted with others. It wasn't anything large or handicapping - for the most part - but there were those random times.

I do not know why I feel this way. I even like Armath. He is funny when he teases his rider. Not at all like you the brown told his rider as he fought to quash the tickle of fear. Oh be quiet Ironth. I'm funny and you know it, K'ton told the brown with affection, I don't know why you feel this way either, dear heart. Its just you I suppose.

"M'din! Enjoying it very well! How was your walk?" K'ton asked, amazed really that the man had walked this far in the smothering heat of the day. He would never have walked this far, thats for sure. One of those times K'ton was glad he impressed and could be here and then there in a blink - or six - of an eye. The thought of the chill of between almost made it tempting to hang out there for a few seconds just to relieve the pressure of the searing heat, but good training and better judgement never did let him try it. With a wave of his hand K'ton said, "Sit, sit! Get out that heat for a few."

Ironth hesitated at the slightly demanding tone of Armath as the other brown darted into the water, diving nose first into the cool depths. Go, Ironth! You will be fine, K'ton mentally shooed the dragon. Eyes whirling a pale blue shot with shades of yellow the brown followed suit with the urging of his rider. Ironth, though, did not sail into the water. The lumbering brown took as many quick steps as he could and with a jump slapped his body against the water, a draconic version of a canon ball.

Hahah! I will always think of the Loch Ness now when I think of dragons swimming!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

From beneath the water, Armath happily wriggled at Ironth's explosive approach. His head popped up with just enough time to be splashed vigorously in the face by the other brown, bobbing in the subsequent waves. He circled Ironth, asking, Do you think we could go between underwater? Or even start in the lake, go between, and drop back in? Playful eyes bright with royal blue, he continued, I'm going to try.

Standing in the shade, M'din replied, "The walk was good! Bit sweaty, to be sure, but I'll go swimming again soon. It's always nice to get out of the Weyr for a while, especially on such pretty days." His squinting brown eyes peered out beneath his hat, a small smile on his lips as he watch the dragons. Stretching and dropping to his knees, he gladly accepted K'ton's offer to share his redfruit tree. "Ooooh, that's nice," he sat back with a groan. "Armath was thrilled to see Ironth. I think they get along very well, and he's always looking for a new playmate." M'din kicked off his leather sandals, relaxing into the trunk at his back.

Hey, watch this, Armath giggled mentally.

"K'ton, Armath wants us to watch--" began M'din, words stuck in his throat when his dragon's long neck and head abruptly disappeared from his line of sight. His heart plummeted into his gut for a moment before he realized this was a planned trick, a game for his bonded. The rider sighed with relief and curiosity, waiting to see the end goal of this exercise in going between.

As quickly as he vanished, Armath reappeared a dragon's length above the lake's surface, curled into a tight, chocolate ball. Only his forked tail whipped in the breeze as he fell face first, dropping like a boulder. The splash was enormous. He bugled victoriously as he resurfaced.

M'din beamed, "Awesoooooome." He turned to K'ton excitedly, "Did you see that? I hope you and Ironth like to swim." Setting his straw hat aside, he spoke to Armath, Do it again! Do it again!

Way ahead of you, buddy. He panted above the crystal water, shaking droplets from his face. Armath gave Ironth the closest approximation to a grin his strong jaw would allow. He said to his brown companion, That was a blast. Want to try with me?

Ironth's cannonball inspired Armath. XD

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Ironth as at a loss for words. Armath was much like a green in his excitement for the swim and Ironth wasn't quite sure what to make of the other brown. I.. I don't know. I've never thought to try he answered a bit shyly as the other brown asked about betweening beneath the water. He didn't think it would be a good idea but if Armath wished he wouldn't try to stop him.

K'ton chuckled as M'din slid to the ground beneath the redfruit tree next to him with a groan. "Don't like sweating, so I make Ironth cart me where ever I need to go when its hot like today," he said as he offered a fruit to M'din. He watched Ironth play. Or think about playing anyway. The big brown was still apprehensive but K'ton was sure it would fade before too long. The dragon's hide or eyes hadn't taken a greyish tint so K'ton wasn't particularly worried on that front. He just wanted the brown to make more dragon friends and stop pestering him about firelizards. It was unnatural, Ironth's obsession with the flying tunnel snakes and K'ton was trying his damnedest to ignore the requests for one. "Ironth needs more friends. I think him and Armath will get on just fine," he said with another chuckle.

He had just turned to see what M'din was talking about when Armath disappeared. What the? K'ton leaned forward a touch concerned for the other man's brown when said brown blinked out from between and slammed into the water at a quick pace. The ensuing wave nearly reached them where they sat and if the redfruit tree hadn't been directly behind him, the brownrider would have darted back as fast as he could. He could swim. He just disliked it. Nearly drowning a couple times would do that to you.

Ironth had squealed in surprise when Armath had suddenly popped between. He stared around worriedly looking for his new friend. Ooh.. He had a new friend. A dragon friend. How exciting! He still wouldn't give up the need for a firelizard but a new friend like Armath was good too! He whistled when Armath dropped back in from between. He dived beneath the waves as they barreled into him, flying underneath the water. When he surfaced he gave an excited bugle closely behind the one Armath shouted along the water. Their bugles would echo for miles.

K'ton laughed outright at the obvious pride that M'din took in his dragon. He was rather enjoying himself watching the two. The other brown was exuberant and outgoing and K'ton hoped he could get Ironth to finally leave the last visages of the shy hatchling he was - never mind the dragon was close to twenty-one turns old - behind. "Swimming? Not for me, no. Ironth loves a good romp in the lake but not me!" he answered with a slight grimace. The first few years in the south had not truly been kind to K'ton and his brown.

Yes! I will drop from between like you. Maybe if we time it right we will land at the same time Ironth suggested That way the wave will be even larger! With that Ironth rose a few feet above the water. He was brave but not brave enough to start from beneath the waves. With a slight pop and a hiss he slipped between not checking to see if Armath did the same.

A little of the "wouldn't shut up!" problem going on there hahah

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Never one to back down from a challenge, Armath winked between a second after Ironth. As the dragons disappeared, M'din turned back to K'ton and said, "Don't worry. I'll swim for you and tell you how it goes. I'll be right back!" He scuttled to the shoreline, tree-trunk legs kicking sand behind him. He managed to float a few meters into the lake before the two browns reappeared, almost directly overhead. As their enormous bodies blotted out the sun, the rider suddenly realized his grievous error. The dragons slammed down on the water, created a tidal wave that hit M'din square in the face as solidly as a charging herdbeast. He sunk beneath the surface in a daze, head spinning and face growing sore from the impact.

Armath, he blearily called to his dragon in the cool water. I can't breathe.

Without a moment's hesitation, Armath glided beneath the partially-drowned man, pushing him upwards with his snout. Probably should have warned you not to jump in. My fault. To Ironth he said, I'll be back momentarily; we can keep working on our synchronized diving technique if you want. As soon as M'din's arms wrapped around the brown's thick neck they blinked between, reappearing a few breaths later on the shore. Armath dragged M'din, still hanging beneath him with his heels dragging ruts in the sand, to the tree and K'ton. The dragon told the other brownrider, M'din exists in a state of permanent injury. If you could prevent him from choking on a redfruit or suffocating in the sand, it would be much appreciated. 

With a gentle claw he nudged M'din's hat over to cover his rider's face, straw scraping across his beard. He privately said, Stay in the shade and relax, all right? I'm making progress with Ironth. I like him.

Beneath the hat, M'din nodded, flapping the brim up and down. Oh yes. K'ton and Ironth are very nice. He reached out, limply trying to pat Armath's leg. After continuously missing, the dragon scooted it closer begrudgingly to appease him. Petting Armath, he mentally said, You're so sweet helping shy little Ironth. He seems to enjoy playing with you.

I am not sweet, Armath haughtily replied. He huffed once before going between, dropping back into the lake beside his new friend.

Not a problem! Sorry for the delay in my response. I was away this weekend and didn't have much of a chance to write.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'ton watched the dragons blink between at around the same time. Crazy browns. Even though the prospect of the two of them getting hurt, K'ton couldn't bring himself to chastise or make Ironth stop. The shy brown needed this. Needed friends, needed to be able to get himself out of a funk. The brownrider waved noncommittally when M'din shouted he'd swim for the both of them and scrambled towards the water. He chuckled at the other man's enthusiasm. The older man was like a child in his play, but that was just fine wit K'ton.

He jumped to his feet quickly when he watched M'din swim out onto the water just as the two brown entered the air above it. Mouth open in preparation to shout a warning, K'ton was seconds to late when the dragons splashed down, nearly on top of M'din. Did we kill him? Ironth asked, deeply concerned. No silly. Armath is still here isn't here? K'ton replied with a touch of amusement as the darker brown carted his rider out of the water. Well.. Thats good I suppose. Do you think we can still play then? the brown asked K'ton quietly. He wanted to still play. He was having a good time. His earlier foreboding and anxiety completely forgotten in his enjoyment. Yes.. You can still play. I'll make sure M'din doesn't keel over and die while you and Armath make nice K'ton chuckled.

K'ton squeaked and jumped in surprise at the dry tone that had entered his mind. Hunching his shoulders he angled his head as Armath spoke to him. Well that was unexpected. He was so used to Ironth's decidedly picky voice. His dragon rarely spoke to another and even then it was usually Vaelya or Ameris only that he spoke to. On occasion, K'ton had caught Ironth speaking to random children and he'd often wondered if those children were his, the brown so interested in them.

He nodded to Armath, "I'll make sure he can't do anymore serious harm to himself." He would too. Even if he had to sit on the other man he would. He grinned at them when the brown slipped the man's hat over his face. Sitting himself back against his tree he reached for a fruit and grabbed another for M'din. "Fruit?" he asked.

Ironth grunted when Armath landed in the water once more. His eyes whirled a worried yellow as the other dragon resurfaced. Your rider? He's alright? the brown asked Armath tone still concerned. The man looked okay to Ironth. But looks could be very deceiving the brown had found in his life. M'din may look fine on the outside but might not be on the inside.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

With a strained groan, M'din propped his heavy form up on his elbows, straw hat slipping to the sand beneath him. It was impossible for him to refuse a redfruit, regardless of the ache in his head. He replied, "Oh, yes. I'd love some." As he munched, juice dripping into his beard, the movement of his jaw made him painfully aware of his meat-tenderized face. "Don't worry though. I'm sure Armath wants you to watch me, but I plan on staying right here and not being slapped by a wall of water again in the near future. I was surprised how much that hurt." He rolled the redfruit between his fingers at a different angle, biting it practically to the core.

"Good thing I didn't bring my kids today," M'din chuckled. "That would've been embarrassing." It was a rare day that he could round up all of his progeny for a relaxing jaunt to the lake, but he always strove to spend time with them. The slew of half brothers and sisters got along well and, unfortunately for the rider, had zero problems teaming up with Armath to mock the ever-afflicted M'din. It was something of a running gag that, regardless of their daily activity, their father would be physically damaged in the process. Fortunately, none of M'din's children inherited that entertaining, if dangerous, tendency.

The other brownrider was certainly old enough to be a father several times over, but it did not occur to M'din that K'ton might be one of the many men at Katila did not enjoy discussing their posterity. It was a foreign concept to M'din, who enjoyed children tremendously, whether or not they were his own, and was grateful for the experience of fatherhood at all. He turned to K'ton, curiously asking, "Do you have any kids?" before settling his gaze on his dragon.

Resurfacing with gusto, Armath shook droplets of water from his eye-ridges and snout with a twirl of his head. Not to worry. He turned to Ironth, He's a sturdy creature for all his clumsiness. By tomorrow we'll both have forgotten it happened. He sunk beneath the water, weaving through the lake with the same capable agility he possessed tearing across the sky. Swimming is strange, he told the other brown from underwater. It's like flying without air or wings, and your tail works harder. An idea occurred to him suddenly.

He dove deeper, then vanished between, reappearing a few moments later beside Ironth. It's very chilly being wet between, but you can do it from underwater, he concluded with a shiver. He hadn't meant to scare the flighty dragon with his abrupt experiments, so he asked, Still want to play?

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'ton watched M'din eat the fruit with wild abandon, his brow cocked. Apparently the man ate with as much gusto as he went through life. "Of course he asked me. I dare say your dragon may be a bit put out that you place yourself in harms way so often," K'ton commented rather dryly. He shook his head as M'din noted how much it hurt being smacked in the face with water. "I wouldn't doubt it," he replied.

At the mention of children, K'ton himself was a bit glad M'din didn't bring his kids, especially if any had the same affliction as their father. They would've been fetching small bodies out of the way of the dragons all day and he couldn't say that it sounded like any fun. And then he asked if K'ton had children. He kind of hoped he did. It was would be nice knowing there were little versions of himself running around causing as much mischief as their sire. Maybe a boy to take after him, one he could teach all the proper ways to speak to a lady. He grimaced before answering, "I haven't the slightest. If I do, none have come forward with the knowledge. I wouldn't mind knowing, you know?" his voice had taken a slightly wistful tone, "I don't mind kids. I don't like them as much as Ironth does, but I don't mind them."

Ironth rumbled as Armath shook the water from his face. The pair were odd to the brown and he wasn't quiet use what to make of them but he was determined to try. K'ton rarely does things like that he explained, I don't often have to come to his rescue. Unless there's felines involved. Those I eat. The brown floated upon the water, wings slightly splayed as Armath sank beneath the water to swim like a fish. I bet you can flap your wings underwater and move quicker Ironth suggested.

He squeaked a bit as the other brown popped out of between next to him. Perhaps going between underwater is a bad idea if its so cold. You wouldn't want to get sick, he said quietly. He contemplated if he wanted to continue their play. He decided quickly that he did but didn't quite know where to begin. Splashing was the only thing he could think of. Sure I still want to play, he said, what do you want to do next?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

M'din smiled as he chewed the redfruit, idly wiping the dripping juice from his bearded chin. He said, "Armath knows I would find a way to hurt myself in a room full of pillows and mattresses. He's very patient about it, and knows I'm a... robust guy for all of the injuries. It's a good thing too. A delicate version of me would be painful for anyone to watch, so I'm glad my kids stay out of harm's way a bit better than their old man." He nodded as K'ton told him about his acceptance of children, replacing his straw hat on his head. "I'll certainly keep an eye out for little K'tons running around," he grinned. It was a more positive admission of fatherhood than M'din typically expected from men at Katila, and one that he fervently appreciated in the other brownrider.

"It's really great to watch them grow up," he said nostalgically. "But maybe I've been lucky: all of my kids are well behaved and totally sweet. It would be a bit more difficult claiming a hellspawn, you know?" He clarified, "I have five kids, two girls and three boys, between the ages of-" he ticked off his fingers, muttering under his breath, "-eighteen and eight turns." 

When K'ton mentioned Ironth's affinity for children, M'din kindheartedly chuckled. It was a trait he could easily see in the thoughtful brown. Armath, on the other hand, claimed he disliked anything incapable of higher cognitive reasoning, but secretly enjoyed the company of anyone willing to joke and play with him.

"You could always ask the possible mothers," suggested M'din. "My oldest daughter was a bit of a flightlust surprise, to be honest with you. I met up with Pinerrel, her mother, about a year later, and she presented me with a pretty, blue-eyed baby. No doubt that Reldemi is mine, though. She's the spitting image of my sister." He didn't think K'ton would judge him for the admission of accidentally siring a daughter, especially knowing how much he loved all of his children. M'din grinned widely, "I'm also lucky that my children don't really resemble this hairy old man. A bear-girl would be scary."

In the water, Armath hummed with mirth, laughing at his rider, I know. I can't take him anywhere. He conspiratorially added, And don't get me started on felines. M'din's likely to be eaten trying to pet one. Swimming laboredly, his chocolate head hovering over the surface, Armath agreed, You're right about your wings, but it's harder to drag them forward under water.

He responded to his fellow's fearful remarks, That's very sweet of you to worry, but I'm quite all right. It's warm enough out here to keep me from getting sick. He found Ironth's concern about potential illness endearing. I think I'm going to swim down to the bottom, pop between, and drop back in. If it's deep enough, we can try to dive. With a flick of his forked tail beneath the waves, he slipped down to make his first attempt.

Dialogue heavy! My bad, yo. I'm not sure why, but M'din's been chattier than usual lately, lol.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'ton leaned back on his hands as M'din chewed his fruit. As he watched the man wiped juice and bits of fruit from his beard it made K'ton doubly glad he'd never thought to grow a full beard. A bit of scruff here and there was about all he allowed. He didn't think he could handle it, needing to clean random bit of food from the growth on his face. He chuckled quietly at the words of the man and his dragon. Not for the first time, K'ton thought what an odd pair but they seemed to work out well together and as they always say the dragon always knew.

He laughed when M'din offered to watch for little K'ton's running about. He'd never noticed any, but then he rarely thought to look either. He just might have to look a bit more closely to the rug rats that Ironth spoke to. Perhaps he'd find a little girl with his smile and bright blue eyes. Who knew? He grunted a little at M'din's next suggestion. "I'd have to remember the women for that to happen," it wasn't said proudly or with shame. It was said rather, neutral. It wasn't that he chose to forget the women he slept with, its just that. Well… They were all so forgettable. "Good thing your girls don't look like you! They never get mates or have more little rugrats running around," he laughed.

The pair amused Ironth. He'd never met a dragon who picked so delightedly at their rider before and he found that he was looking for ideas. Ideas with which to fuss and pick at K'ton with. Ironth's delivery was never very good and he always came back with a clever reply far to late to do any real damage, so he'd stopped bothering turns ago. Alright, he agreed as he watched Armath dive deep. He didn't mind diving, in fact he enjoyed it, perhaps they'd find something fantastic near the bottom.

No problemo! Also that was seriously shoddy and I apologize!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

As the dragons spiritedly dove into the lake, M'din nodded at his fellow brownrider's statement. K'ton had said he didn't remember his romantic partners, a notion M'din never preferred sexually or emotionally. Even Pinerrel, who he'd only been with once after a failed chase, was a woman he respected for her sharpness and sense of humor. He propped the hat on the back of his head and inquired, "So you don't do the long-term relationships thing?" He said, "I like to have just one lady, even if she doesn't want to be Weyrmates or be together forever."

M'din lounged back, resting his head on the trunk of the tree as his body slid into the grass and sand. One hand reached up to his face, gingerly pressing the tender flesh. It was certain to bruise. "It makes me happy to make a lady feel special and spoiled, so we always try to treat each other with as much love as possible. And if it doesn't work out after a few turns, or even a few sevendays, at least we can both be all right afterwards. I've never had a break-up end badly, thank Faranth." His longest relationship was with beautiful onyx-haired Charendie, a patient, joyful woman with whom M'din had two sons: introverted Michin and spitfire Chardin. He knew Charendie had become something of a Weyrmate to a bluerider these days, as the boys reported it, and he was pleased that she found someone to love. She and M'din had mutually decided to end their live-in relationship after four turns, having gently drifted apart without feeling the need to force themselves together again. It was all handled maturely and pleasantly, and he still wished the willowy woman well.

He cracked his knuckles lazily before gesturing to the playing dragons. "Armath doesn't like admitting it, but he really likes my kids. If you find out you have some, or plan or having some in the future, I bet Ironth would really like them too." M'din leaned back conspiratorially, "Let me tell you though, he did not enjoy my long-term girlfriends taking me away from him. It wasn't specifically them that he hated, but he's a huge fan of dragon-and-rider alone time." He shiftily glanced to the lake before lowering his voice further, "He's like a jealous girlfriend when he misses me."

What are you talking about? Armath's accusing voice abruptly popped into his mind.

M'din flinched and answered in a guilty jumble, Girlfriends and stuff. Kids. Human babies.

Oh, grunted Armath. Babies are disgusting. The brown receded from his rider's mind, simultaneously appeased and disturbed. M'din heaved a sigh of relief under the redfruit tree.

Beneath the waves, Armath turned his attention to the strange plants and fish on the floor of the lake. Ironth, how to plants grow underwater? He blinked between and reappeared a dragonlength over the surface, inhaling deeply before diving back into the lake; he found he could reach the bottom without swimming if he dove from high enough. I thought plants needed sunlight and air and bugs and things. Can humans eat these?

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

There might be some one worth the effort but K’ton didn’t want anyone to know that he had an eye on Vaelya. He didn’t know what they were. Friends only – so far – with a healthy dose of flirtation sprinkled here and there, much like the topping of a cake. He couldn’t quite figure out where the two of them stood and it confused and frustrated him on many occasions. His imagination wandered as he listened to M’din talk about spoiling women. He could imagine Vaelya in the roll of weyrmate, spending her days being doted on or doting on him, with little Evritt screaming about his home, playing with Ironth. It would be happy times

The pictures that roamed freely in his mind brought a quiet, small smile to his face. It was unconscious and lit up his eyes, even such a small on had that ability. K’ton’s was definitely an expressive face. At the mention of break ups K’ton frowned. He’d never had a break up. Never experienced the pain of heartbreak that usually accompanied it. He never allowed himself to get that close to another for anything other than a little release. Sex and love were to very different things to K’ton and were placed in two very different containers in his mind. One was for gratification and one was simply ignore, the ramifications much to terrifying for him to explore. “Never had a break up. Never care to really,” he replied, “Plus you kind of need to be in an actual relationship to have one. And frankly that’s never going to happen.” His gaze wandered out along the water as he watched the brown frolic and dive. He was glad Ironth had made him come down today.

Ironth cocked his head with puzzlement. Plants that grew underwater? That was odd. He dived down below the surface to see for himself and sure enough there was a veritable forest below the waves. Huh.. I don’t know. Maybe the sunlight comes down far enough, he said. He didn’t think so though, the bottom was so dark. K’ton! he called to his rider, How do plants grow underwater? How should I know? Maybe they wait and wait and then eat dirty brown dragons that dive, to stay alive down there, K’ton replied mildly and waited for the explosion.

He wasn’t let down as Ironth suddenly blew from the water, eyes whirling yellow-red as he hovered above the water, Quickly Armath! K’ton says they eat dragons! he broadcasted with a tinge of fear. On the shore K’ton roared with laughter before shouting out loud, “I’m only playing Ironth! Plants live underwater because they live underwater! I’m positive they don’t eat dragons.” The brown grumbled with disgruntlement as he sank to float on the waves, That wasn’t funny, K’ton

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

M'din nodded, squinting his eyes, as K'ton discussed his relationship. He sagely replied, "Nothing's wrong with being a bachelor, young man. Nothing at all, so long as it makes you happy." He rested his interlaced fingers on his stomach, thumbs tapping to some unheard rhythm. If M'din enjoyed spending time with younger riders, it was predominately to impart his wise advice. Being a father had given him a sense of vast knowledge about life skills and experiences, and no mocking from Armath could knock it out of him. Luckily for M'din, his children avidly listened to his recommendations and took to heart his warnings when it came to love and life. They knew their father was a good man, if a bit clumsy and slow, and had all come to respect him for his kindhearted actions.

Out in the lake, M'din watched as the dragons dove beneath the surface, whistling lowly when Ironth burst to the sky in a panic. He heard Ironth call to his fellow brown fearfully, and M'din turned to K'ton with a conspiratorial grin, "Did you scare that poor boy?" K'ton laughed aloud before shouting to his dragon. M'din guffawed with him, ignoring the soreness that spread across his cheeks.

In the dark water, Armath could barely make out Ironth's form as he bolted away from the plants, but he certainly heard his cry of alarm. There's no way they eat dragons! They're plants! he shouted to the frightened brown. Popping his head out of the water, he continued, Your rider just wanted to trick you, Ironth. Turning to see the brownriders laughing on the beach, Armath's inner troublemaker whipped up a plan.

A blue eye circled over to Ironth. Voice lined with amusement, he said, I say we trick them back. If dragons can breathe fire, I'm willing to bet we can breathe water too, if you know what I mean. Scooping up a mouthful of freshwater, Armath took to the sky with a meaningful glance to the sandy shore. He hoped Ironth figured out his intent, but did not turn to see if the other brown followed him. Sweeping low to the ground, Armath mentally shouted down, Hey, Riddle King! I hear it's about to rain! Before M'din could scramble away, Armath opened his jaw emphatically, dousing his rider with buckets of lake water before spiraling upwards with a trumpet, droplets still falling from his mouth.       

I figured M'din and K'ton would want to change after this, and we could wrap up, lol.

K'ton
of Brown Ironth

Date of Birth
Height
6'
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Brown

Threads

Ironth was more than willing to go along with the trick that Armath suggested. In all their long years of being bonded, K'ton had played many a trick on him and the big brown felt that perhaps it was time to return the favor. With a quiet rumble Ironth filled his mouth  with the brackish water that was the lake and with a quick flick of his wings he lifted from the lake to glide to where his rider sat looking smug.

Before he could lose his nerve the brown opened his maw and tilted his head, to dump the chilled and dirty water down upon K'ton. With a triumphant brugle, Ironth darted into the sky to give in to the childish urge to rub it in with aerobatics.

K'ton sputtered and shrieked as the cold water hit his head first. It quickly soaked his clothing and K'ton shouted at his dragon. He could hear M'din doing much the same beside him and glancing over he saw that the other rider was indeed just as soaked as he was. With a disgusted flick of his arms, K'ton clambered to his feet, "As much as I enjoyed your company, M'din, I'm going to have to say the meeting will have to be cut short."

With his last words, K'ton turned on his heel, tripped and nearly went down much to his dismay. With a backwards shrug and pained chuckle he stomped aways. You're not angry are you? the brown asked his rider, worry rife in his voice. You know I don't like the lake water. You know I dislike being wet even when its blistering hot out, K'ton answered, disgruntled. It was only a joke. Like you played on me. I'm sorry, K'ton, don't be angry, the brown said as he landed before his rider. K'ton glared hotly at the dragon before the worried look about him soften K'ton. I'm not mad. Just don't do it again, he said as he swung himself up.

Ending...

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)