World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Coming Down

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymselia hefted Talian with her weight, she'd forgotten what it was like to carry anything heavier than maybe three buckets of water. But here she held him fast with her body. She got her arm under his and felt the  weight of his body.

The crash to the floor had  caused his mouth and noose to bleed a little bit, but she was more worried about the racing heart beat of her fellow candidate. Her own arm clutched around his waist. "Come on." she murmured.

The walk to the healer hall was agonizingly slow and long. Lymlseia exhaled as they finally made it inside and she helped Talian down to one of the beds. She moved to the quietly to the shelves and begins to aquired more herbs and water. She creates a small paste and slurry. "Lets see if we can get that heart rate down." she put on a pair of sheep skin gloves and began to mix them in a small bowl. She was quietly thankful that the gloves kept her fingers from numbing and burning.

She pulled back and returned to the bedside.  She motioned him to open his shirt. "I can at least slow it gradually." she said gently as she reached with an out stretched hand- with past covered fingers to apply it to his chest.

Bluedragon gave me permission to godmod Talian  bit[/hr]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Talian was only faintly aware of the girl pulling him to his feet. Fortunately for Lymsleia, Talian was a petite creature and didn't amount to much dead weight. He groaned and blinked a few times, looking left to right in and effort to understand what was going on. Hhis head was swimming.  He could hear some sort of terrible scream in the background. A dragon? Larrikith, perhaps? Perish the thought.

He slowly started to place his feet underneath him, helping Lymsleia as best he could. He could feel his heart hammering in his chest and the blood surging through his veins. That was more serious than the blood dripping down the front of his face. "Lym...I took Thymus.." he groaned weakly. He felt like he was missing something, but his brain was so active he could hardly pick one through from the massive, whirling hive of them! He was thinking about his medicine, his depression, B'jin, Larrikith, Valerian, Par'a, his knots, the dragons screaming outside, the green in the door, his home, Fiora, how he'd screamed about Fiora, how his nose might be broken, how so many people were staring at them all, how he needed to take a lower dose next time, how Lym seemed to ignore half of what was going on at the table in favor of mothering him, how Kerrin thought he was gay, how-

He let out a grunt as his mind shorted out again. He was lost in a blaze of colors and spots until he snapped to his senses again. Lym was asking him to..open his shirt?

He was confused until he saw the salve. He smiled weakly and complied, though he was a bit embarrassed. "Lym...I'm sorry for all that..." he sighed weakly. He could feel his pulse pounding in his neck. "I guess I took too much..even at half dosage...I guess I've...lost m-more weight than I thought.."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The woman that was obviously some rank of healer was baffling to his early morning mind. She was screaming for someone to help her get Talian to his feet and move him to the Healing Hall one second and the next she was doing it on her own. He would have helped, he wasn’t that horrible of a person but Valerian decided this was one determined woman and he had learned that sometimes it was best to stay out of their way, especially if it involved their child or a dear one. He had no idea what the relationship was between the two since he wasn’t even sure who she was and Talian seemed hung up on some Fiora girl but it was a Weyr so anything was possible, though he suspected it was simply a friendship between two Stolen Candidates.

He grabbed his mug of klah, and moved out of the way, forgoing to offer any help since it didn’t seem to be wanted anymore. Once the pair had made a good effort at putting distance between them and the chaos that was still reigning supreme, Valerian turned to follow. Sure, the breakfast gang would likely be entertaining to observe a little longer but his marks, if he was a betting man, were on Talian being the far more interesting choice. Was the man a master healer or did the knots simply belong to a family member that he had happened to have on him when Stolen as a sort of memento? His curiosity wouldn’t leave him alone until he found out. He had to admit he also sort of liked the guy and wanted to make sure Talian would be okay. With a final swig of his klah, Valerian headed for the busted doors, setting his mug down on an empty table as he passed.

Once he made it to the small room, Valerian smirked at what he walked in on. Lymsleia was ordering the removal of Talian’s shirt and reaching out for him. It took a moment for the scene to connect and a few steps into the room changed the view enough that he could see she wanted to apply some sort of salve onto an exposed chest but it was still something worthy of teasing, if only to judge the temperaments of the two. “Some women will use any chance to molest a guy.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
She listened a moment and settled beside him. "Its not so much that you loss weight. Thymus is a tricky herb. It can be good  or bad, and the dosages can be as varried as the person who takes it. What might be enough to take someone else down, and be a mild calming agent, could make someone a hyper gittery mess. I always try when offering thymus, do it under the supervision of another healer, and usually do it in very small dosages. Like.. a third of spoon." she explains to him.

"What am I SAYING.. Master healer." she paused a moment as she let the word master drip from her lips. She felt it was awkward to speak to him now. She saw the knots, knew them, but couldn't believe it. This guy, who was around her age, was a MASTER of their craft. She leaned back and looked at him. She smilled at him. "Let's take care of that nose, though." She reached to take a wet warm cloth,  and started to reach for his nose- "Having trouble breathing?" she asked as she applied the the save to his chest. Hoping that salve would take and slow the racing heart rate.

Once finished she turned to Valerian. "Not soo much that," she said with a firm glance. "Though I wouldn't mind being friends with men.." she winks at Valerian as if to underscore the playful nature of his jest. Which was good to lighten the mood.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian knew all about thymus, but he was confident enough in himself to take it in stride as Lym talked to him about it. He didn't bother with an 'I know' or any other retort, he just took is as a compliment. She was trying to comfort him. She was reminding him of how easy it was to mess up a dosage of the finicky herb, even with expert knowledge. To Talian, though, the entire thing was a reminder that while he was Master in name and academic skill, he was a Jr. Journyeman in experience.

"Less for me, I think...Probably a quarter of a spoon," he mumbled as he leaned closer, reaching up with one thin hand to brush some of the blood away. He could feel the cool salve on his skin. Combined with the slow but merciful process of just calming down, it seemed to be working. He pulled his hand away to allow Lym to dab at his nose and mouth. "...Judging by this whole...thing." His nose wrinkled in distaste at the word 'thing'.

He cringed again when Lym used the word 'Master'. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you," was all he said, spoken in a hushed whisper, as if ashamed.

He jumped slightly as he became aware of Val. "Oh! V-valerian.." he said, the stutter not quite gone from his voice. He flushed a bit. Not only was Lym calling him out on his rank, but Val was teasing. Talian took it well enough, though he modestly looked down at his chest and forced an awkward laugh. "I..."

He had no idea what to say, so he just frowned comically.

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Valerian gave Lymsleia a final once over as a reply to her attempt at being friendly before he zeroed back in on Talian with a grin. The healer was the whole reason he was there instead of watching everyone flail around while they inhaled food at unnatural speed so that was where his attention would stay until his business was finished. “Lacking in words now when you had plenty before?” It was probably mean to keep fresh in everyone’s minds how loose-lipped Talian had been but it was just far too easy and fun to tease the man. Yet there was something that kept his comments almost light-hearted in nature instead of being downright rude or so brutally honest it offended or hurt someone. There was something about the man that kept Valerian from finding him a complete bore and wanting to either ignore him completely or verbally tear him down. Maybe it was because of their first encounter and how the healer patched him up as good as new but he was starting to lean towards the way Talian had some secrets to him. Boring men didn’t have secrets worth keeping.

“It’s a good thing I never am, right?” Valerian moved closer and leaned down to inspect the facial wounds, deciding with his completely unprofessional eye that nothing seemed too serious. Good thing, too, since he didn’t like the sight of a lot of blood, especially on himself, but he suspected Lymsleia might drag him in to help if it was anything major. “I’ve had worse after leaving a hold once. Not everyone likes to be reminded about what dragons did for us against Thread.” It almost went against his nature to share personal information beyond the basics but thanks to his training and learning to read people--something he could do but usually didn’t care and said what he wanted--Valerian felt now was a good opening to divulge a tidbit of his past as an opening for further discussions on the master knots still shoved in his sleeve; though that seemed silly now since the woman had clearly seen them before he swiped them up.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymlseia relaxed as she touched his nose, cleaning away the dry blood. "How's the pain?" she asked softly running her hand  through the cloth  as she soaked it in water. "Scale of one to ten?" she asked, gesturing to his nose. "Does it feel broken?" she didn't dare touch it yet, till she cleaned the blood. The last thing she needed was a broken septum on her hands.  She could handle  broken bones, birth, but  broken noses were a little out of her realm. Not horribly so, but just enough where it would be awkward.

Talian was the trauma surgeon and a Master Healer. She struggled to remain profressional for a second when he appologised. Oh how she wanted to kiss his cheek, perhaps even to kiss his mouth. But that would be wrong- patient-healer  and she couldn't fall for him. Not yet. Not now.. She drew a slow and long breath. She would blame the pounding of her heart and the fluttering of her emotions on the green that was flying around and shrieking.

She looked up at Valerian and smiled. "Want to learn some basic, healer-technics. Everyone really should learn something basic things. Sometimes that knowledge can make or even save lives."

She allowed Valerian some space as she set to work.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian found himself staring directly at Valerian, as he so often did in times of intense emotion. "Three," he whispered to Lym, unaware of the softness of his own voice. Valerian had caught him. Valerian noticed the difference in temperament. The situation worsened only seconds later when Valerian added his second little comment. It's a good thing I never am, right? It was so subtle, Talian thought. Artfully subtle. Valerian knew something.

That was the only explanation. Valerian had something Talian would want him to be tight-lipped about.  The healer shifted a nervous gaze to Lymsleia. She knew about his rank. Perhaps Val did as well. That had to be it!

His stomach churned as his gaze flickered back to Valerian. "I am very lucky," he said shallowly. He wiped a bit more blood from his face and finally replied to Lymsleia. "It's not broken...thank you, though. I needed to get out of there," he breathed.

The room was finally swirling into focus. He resisted the urge to check his own pulse., instead allowing Lym to take care of the medical side of things. He trusted her. He took in slow, deep breaths as he tried to calm himself. His veins throbbed less intensely and his hand finally returned to their usual steady state. He clenched them tightly.

"I owe both of you an apology. I didn't mean to make a spectacle of myself out there," he said meekly. "I've got a severe case of medical depression, and I had a bad response to the medication.." The explanation was more for Val than for Lym, of course. He didn't look either of them in the eye as he spoke. "I'm a fool, and I apologize."

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

“Why? That meal was amusing and I think you made some new friends out of it,” Valerian grinned, unable to resist picking on the poor man that had already been through so much in a day that was only a few hours old. But the sincerity in Talian’s words and even the way he stared directly at him had the harper easing up again and finding he wanted to bring a little more peace and reassurance to the healer that had been working his way into his good graces since their first meeting. It was an odd but not completely foreign concept since there had been random people peppered throughout his life that had earned some level of respect and even a nod of friendship. It was odd, however, to keep finding people within a small Weyr that he was okay with. Allendris, Erisi, and now Talian all made for interesting companions.

Keeping his eyes on Talian’s face both to watch for a reaction but to also show that he was serious and nothing that he was about to say was said in jest or to get a rise out of the man, Valerian grabbed one of Talian’s hands and placed it palm up in his own. Reaching inside of his sleeve he pulled out the master knots and gently set them in that open palm, keeping his hand resting atop object and hand as he spoke, “Despite how you likely, and rightfully, view me, I’m Harper-trained and I know about discretion. You didn’t take the chance to rub your rank, assuming the conversation I overheard coming in is true, in my face when we met despite my running commentary on everything so you obviously don’t want it to be known. Hide it or destroy it but you probably shouldn’t wear it or keep it on you anymore, especially if you’re going to keep experimenting with the medication.”

He paused then, allowing Talian a moment to absorb the words but also to consider if he wanted to continue on with speaking so freely when he typically held his tongue when it came to expressing such positive feelings or reassuring someone. Then he figured there wasn’t any harm given his action of returning the item already spoke more than anything he had added on top of the gesture. “You don’t need to, by the way. I think some of them took a shining to that version of yourself but you’re not bad as just a natural you.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Tal was relieved at Valerian's kind words, though he still doubted that the situation was beneficial overall. He'd made a fool of himself in public and attracted far more attention than he'd meant to. This still proved it wasn't a complete loss. Pleasantly surrpised by  Valerian's gentle demeanor, Talian took the last little jab in stride. Valerian was at ease, which was enough to keep an exhausted, half-crashed Talian as ease as well. He flashed Valerian a smile.

He tried in vain to blink away his headache. His body ached and his mind was sluggish after his thymus-driven adventure. Bleary, he was startled when Valerian took hold of his hand. "Oh!" Tal gasped softly, opening his eyes and looking down to see his knots returned to him.

He paused for a moment. Suddenly, things made more sense. He didn't remember wearing them, but he got dressed after taking his medicine. He must have put them on out of habit. Apparently they'd fallen at some point. That's how Lymsleia knew, and now it was obvious that Valerian knew as well. Talian wrapped his fingers modestly around the knots and pulled them close, his tawny eyes round with gratitude. He placed his free hand on top of Valerian's and pressed down firmly.

"Thank you," he said, practically whispering as he looked down at the intricate leather adornment. He had to clear his throat before continuing. After a moment of pleasant silence, he spoke again. "I could have," he said. Yes, he could wield his rank as a weapon. It simply wasn't in his nature. "My rank had no power to make you better faster, and well...to be honest, we get used to being quipped at by patients who are in pain," he said. There was a profound smoothness to his voice, like he was at peace.

He looked up at Valerian, meeting eyes again. "I guess I put them on out of habit. I was already on the medication when I dressed," he explained. "I...don't want to destroy them, though. They're all I have from home," he said. With that, he let it slip away. The final comment perplexed him for a moment, but in the end it drew a chuckle from him. "Not so bad, you think? I imagined I was more fun with the drugs..."

He looked to Lymsleia for support, or perhaps to evaluate her reaction. "I wasn't keeping it a secret out of spite or arrogance," he said. "The opposite, really. I didn't want special treatment." Or to get B'jin into any more trouble...

Sorry for jumping ahead, Song. It felt thematically appropriate.

lymsleia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Lymsleia chuckled and patted Talian's shoulder re-assuringly. "Its ok." she managed to say. Lymlseia was quiet for a long time. She moved away cleaning banadges and taking care of care of her patience was her work. But Talian was also a friend.

She cleaned her instruments carefully and  removed the herb-pouches one by one one and checking their contents and levels of herbs in each one with a methodical , and careful practic.e She  licks her lips a moment glances back to the two men inthe room. "It's fine. You are as old as I am, and have a Master ranking. You want to be yourself, and its hard with those knots. Personally, I wouldn't have treated you any difference, and I am glad you... hid them. I got a sense of you before the knots. Knots come and go. But personality is forever."

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

They were beginning to head down a road that was far sappier than he had anticipated, though that was his own fault for underestimating Talian’s sentimental side and for how he brought up the knots in such an honest and sweet way. But he couldn’t find fault with the moment no matter how hard he tried and Valerian almost liked it. No, he did like it. It was odd to be given such a heartfelt thank you and see how touched the healer was whenever their eyes locked. He wasn’t the sort to go out of his way like this and was typically hanging around on the sidelines, content not to intervene or if he had to it was to insult someone because they were too stupid to realize their faults. Valerian almost wondered if he had taken some strange herbs that morning to make him want to comfort someone so much.

“I can understand that. My guitar was the only thing I had with me when I was swept away,” he paused and leaned in closer until his lips nearly brushed against one of Talian’s ears to whisper, “it’s sort of what keeps me sane. Music in general, of course, but having something familiar with me during all of these changes.” He was on a roll that morning with all of the confessions he was making but Valerian was caught up in their odd little moment of bonding and knew Talian wouldn’t tell anyone else what they talked about. He’d kick some butt if the man did, though. He had a reputation of being grumpy and indifferent to uphold after all.

Straightening, Valerian gave Talian a small crooked smirk and then a shrug, “I can tease you no matter what state of being you choose but I’m more interested in the natural side of people and it was your usual self that I met and decided wasn’t too bad even if you were a bit quiet and seemed nervous around me. But I should probably go so you can rest or something, right?” He gave Talian a look that clearly stated he’d stay if the man wanted him to but Valerian wasn’t going to be the one to suggest it.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Talian relaxed a bit as he felt Lymsleia's hand on his shoulder. "That's part of the point, really," he admitted. "People at home treated me different. They assumed they needed to tread lightly or mine their words around me. I guess being 'smart' also brands you as a jerk,  I don't know..." There was more to that. He frowned a bit, his delicate brow furrowed in unpleasant remembrance. There were also the mockers, both those who denounced him for being a shut-in and those who claimed he only held his rank because of his father. There may have been a little truth to that, but his father was merely a reference. Even with his words and connections, Talian wouldn't have made Master without being able to walk the walk, so to speak.

"It's nice to have people interested in me because of my personality, instead of my knots..." he admitted, speaking partially to both of them. He cocked his head to better hear Valerian's comments about music. "I guess many of us have their craft to lean on. I know for my first few days, I didn't do anything but run around in here and take all the cases I could get my hands on," he said. He felt remarkably comfortable with the pair of them there. He wasn't used to being doted on, which Lymsleia certainly was doing. He also found his preconceptions about Valerian eroding away. Val's snarkiness intimidated Talian the first time around, but now he discovered he rather liked the young man.

Suddenly, he found Valerian awfully close to his ear, muttering a highly relevant comment. He could feel the other man's breath. An involuntary shudder ran through him, though he was at a loss as to explain why. It's sort of what keeps me sane. Talian turned his head slightly towards Val and nodded knowingly, as if to say 'me as well'.

"I...didn't realize I was acting nervous the first time we met," he said. He produced a brief laugh. "You're welcome to stay if you like, but I'm going to be all right, so don't feel obligated," he said. He was being polite, but he looked extremely tired.He clearly appreciated the consideration, though. For one of those few moments since his arrival, he was actually glowing with contentment. Being on his way down from a high may have had something to do with it, but something about this whole meeting felt special to him. How lucky he was to have people like B'jin, Lymsleia, and now Valerian...The only one missing was Erisi, but he couldn't imagine Erisi handling this situation well.

It was nice to have friends. 

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)