World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 733.06.18 | Golden Glory [Invite]

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Rhaedalyn couldn’t stop the tears from sliding down her cheeks no matter how often she wiped them away. Everything was so overwhelming! The sweet little golden girl had wanted her after all! She had been convinced the dragonet didn’t want anything to do with her given the Touching reaction she had but thinking on it now, maybe it meant she was being watched and judged worthy of the love and affection Rhaedalyn could now feel? You keep having the strangest thoughts that involve me hating you or harming you. I wish you would stop that. Rhaedalyn felt horrible for upsetting her dragonet and was suddenly on her knees again and hugging the adorable creature. A moment later and she was brushing a bit of sand from the gold’s nose from her earlier tumble.

There is a crazy man running towards you. Rhaedalyn jumped to her feet and spun around in time to see I’shan about to collide with her. When he pulled her into an excited hug, the girl squeaked in surprise as Aradissicath did a little dance of concern around them both until laughter sounded from Rhaedalyn and the dragonet settled down to sit and stare up at the humans. “I did! Oh, I’shan, I did! And you did!” Tears were once more streaking down her cheeks but Rhaedalyn didn’t care how she was perceived anymore. She was so happy! “Thank you for having such confidence in me.” I’shan, V’zire, Kahleena, Mevrit, and even R’nya in his own silent way had all believed she would Impress. When it would happen was always the hard part but not a single one of them doubted it would happen. She was the only one that believed she couldn’t do it.

As she finally managed to detangle herself from I’shan with the intent to get her baby girl something to eat, Kahleena came streaking towards her and copied the bluerider by stealing hugs as well. Rhaedalyn was still laughing and crying and it didn’t help any that her friend was in the same state as her. A shy blush somehow managed to appear between all the other emotions as Kahleena gave her a kiss to the cheek and broke away to inspect Aradissicath. “She’s incredibly amazing, isn’t she?” Rhaedalyn couldn’t help but stare in wonder at the dragonet that sat there patiently. She was a beautiful pale colour and had the sweetest voice and was so understanding! I’m also incredibly hungry but I can wait a little longer. You have a lot of friends waiting.

Aradissicath turned her attention to Okalinath and crooned in response, pleased to meet another dragon and one that seemed so well-mannered! “Thank you, Okalinath!” Rhaedalyn smiled at the older gold dragon and saw her in a new light. For the longest time the dragon was viewed as another reminder that she had failed to Impress but now she saw her as another friend and an extension of Kahleena. She had been foolish to think anything else and now that she had Aradissicath, Rhaedalyn fully understood the bond and knew all of her waiting had been worth it.

More people came by to congratulate her and get a good look at Aradissicath but most left just as quickly which Rhaedalyn was fine with. She was especially fine with the way R’nya snuck in to pull her away from some of the gawkers she didn’t know too well and wasn’t quite sure what to say to them. However, the chaste kiss to her cheek sent her blushing into overdrive and Rhaedalyn quickly looked at R’nya’s feet. He was such a gentleman and handsome too! It was so hard to deal with him sometimes when he reminded her of those facts. “Th-thank you, R’nya.”

As quickly as the blushing girl routine hit her it passed and was replaced with the excitable girl with the crazy imagination as Rhaedalyn threw herself at R’nya for a quick but tight hug. “Oh, R’nya! I don’t have to live in the trees anymore!” She sniffled and pulled away, quickly righting her Candidate robe before dropping to the ground to pet Aradissicath. “She saved me from that horrible existence.” A kiss was given to her dragonet’s snout and Rhaedalyn finally remembered she hadn’t introduced anyone properly. How terribly rude of her!

“Everyone, this is Aradissicath.” She didn’t introduce everyone back to the dragon since she had enough common sense to remember Aradissicath could read her thoughts and figure out who was who. Besides, with how quickly people were coming and going, it was hard to keep track of those that wanted to stay and mingle with them a little. “And would anyone mind if she ate right now? I haven’t managed to reach the buckets yet.” Did that make her a horrible goldrider? She had been so distracted with her emotions and everyone congratulating her that feeing Aradissicath didn’t happen as quickly as it should have. You need this as much as I need to eat. I didn’t mind waiting but food would be wonderful now.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Had I'shan known that he'd been labeled as 'crazy', he might not have disagreed; he had to have been crazy to think he could possibly have searched a partner for such a perfect, lovely, stunning little gold! And yet there she was, beautiful and sweet and perfect, bonded to a girl that I'shan and Ilveriath had selected themselves.

"I'm so proud of you!" I'shan squealed as he squeezed the girl, lifting her off the ground and giving her a vigorous twirl. Squee let out a shriek of delight as he looped overhead, joined by his equally enthusiastic cohorts. Spazz bolted right for Dissi, landing gingerly on the sand and hopping about excitedly around her feet. Squeak was a little more dircretionary, landng on I'shan's shoulder and holding on for the ride instead, while Squee was decidedly less discreet. He went right for Aradisicath's head, seeking to land right on top and introduce himself.

"I knew you could do it!" I'shan babbled, realizing that he was crying as much as Rhae was. "She's so pretty! She's so perfectfor you! She's so cute!"

He was having a hard time containing himself.  He laughed and batted Squee away from Aradicssicath's head before holding his arms out, beaming widely. "Okay everyone, clear out!' he called in an overzealous tone, "Goldrider coming through! We've got a hungry baby here, people! Make way, make way!"

If any of those girls deserved to be treated like a queen, he was confident that it was her. He walked with a spring in his step as he helped lead Rhae over to the tables. They were hardly alone, of course. Many had assembled to greet the new gold into the world, and I'shan was pleased to be able to show off his greatest achievement to each and every one of them.

"Aradissicath," he repeated, beaming. "A pretty name for a pretty dragon." He turned around and placed his hands on his knees, leaning forward. "...Can I pet you, pretty girl?"

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
“I should hope not, my lady,” R’nya responded, not missing a beat despite Rhaedalyn’s strangest exclamation. The bronzerider was quite sure he had never heard her utter anything quite as extraordinary as he held her lightly, deeply amused. His eyes sparkled with the emotion, lips quirking just enough at the edges to not be the usual bland line, though the bronzerider was still quite in control of himself enough to not actually lose the battle with his own expressions.

At least until I’shan drew attention to himself, at any rate. Then a disproving frown pulled at R’nya’s eyebrows and he watched the bluerider with barely contained irritation as he strut about, calling attention upon himself with all the exuberant idiocy R’nya recalled from their weyrlinghood. Xyreith’s scathing comment – Hasn’t he died yet? – had the bronzerider cover up a sudden laugh with a cough, fist held before his mouth and dropping his gaze to avoid the laugh being revealed for what it was. It took several coughs before bronzerider had himself under control, and by that time Kahleena was peering up at him anxiously.

Patting the girl’s hand where it was wrapped around his upper arm, just above the elbow, R’nya nodded slightly – yes, he was quite fine, thank you! – and quietly began walking toward where Rhaedalyn was now feeding Aradissicath. Somehow, he had managed to hear the youngster’s name in amongst all the fuss of not laughing outright in front of a crowd of already emotionally hyped people. They’d probably all send their dragons between in shock. You should laugh in front of that fool. Only turns of practice kept the bronzerider from another coughing fit.

“She is a beauty,” R’nya said gently to Rhaedalyn, regally ignoring I’shan as he normally did, and doing his best to ignore the constant and snide comments Xyreith was filling his brain with; so long as he didn’t say one by accident, then no one need know! Stormy blue eyes sparkled as he watched her, before flicking an irritated, dismissive look at I’shan. “Perhaps the young queen should feed before being pawed at, bluerider.” Xyreith crowed at the emphasis of rank, though R’nya was not entirely aware of the dismissal he threw out; he had never grown past his childhood disdain for the other rider, and probably never would. Their lack of interaction, however, would likely have his attitude appear uncalled for, at least to the girls, though not completely out of character. After all, he treated most men around them just as dismissively.

Kahleena
of Gold Okalinath

Date of Birth
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Tears streamed freely down Kahleena’s face as she clung to R’nya’s arm, staring at Rhaedalyn with a stars truck expression, thrilled to the very core by the other girl’s Impression. The young woman was deeply endeared by the beautiful little gold sitting so perfectly at her friend’s feet, every bit the most stunning creature that could have ever possibly been set to pick out Rhaedalyn from the crowd.

There were no words for the weyrling to say as she simply watched, glowing with delight and sniffing her running nose as she tried valiantly to stop crying in joy, and failed dramatically. A soft laugh was released as Rhaedalyn begged to feed her young lifemate, and Kahleena looked fondly over at Okalinath, who was watching it all with great wonder. The girl’s distracted attention was captured once more as R’nya suddenly went into a coughing fit, and she trotted to where the bronzerider was standing, and wrapped anxious hands around his bicep, peering up at him worriedly before a reassuring look was sent her way. At least the incident had stopped her crying!

Kahleena nearly skipped as R’nya lead her over to where the weyrlings were feeding, the only attention R’nya’s attitude garnered was a pout as she refused to test his patience by trying to win the tiny gold over to her when he’d just snapped at Rhaedalyn’s friend to keep his hands to himself. She is more than she seems, Okalinath murmured wonderingly to Kahleena, stopping just beyond the little group and lying down. The young gold rumbled with pleasure when a stray clump of meat mysteriously found its way into her mouth, and Kahleena frowned pointedly at the young man that had thrown it. “That’s for the babies!” she admonished, shocked. Okalinath was quite capable of capturing her own dinner if she were hungry!

Okalinath sent the young man a draconic wink, less than worried about Kahleena’s scandalised irritation before both turned the attention back to Aradissicath and Rhaedalyn. The gold dragon crept a bit closer so she could shove her nose under Kahleena, between her knees and forced the girl to squeal inelegantly as she toppled to sit on her dragon with a giggle. Okalinath rumbled in amusement and puffed out a laugh, spraying sand lightly around her nose. We are going to have such fun together! she promised Aradissicath, wriggling gleefully at all the fun times the future promised.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

The young queen can alternate between affection and feeding without starving from a lack of either. Bronzerider. It was clear by the pause before using R’nya’s rank that Aradissicath stopped to consider how to address the man and ended up copying the way he had addressed I’shan and used almost the same tone of disdain. Rhaedalyn sat on the floor before her beautiful baby girl with her mouth hanging open, gaze on R’nya, and a piece of meat forgotten in her hand. She knew R’nya was her protector, just as he was Kahleena’s, and he had given snide comments and scary glares to pushy men before but this was I’shan! He was excitable but sweet and only wanted to meet Aradissicath. She didn’t point any of that out, however, especially not when said golden hatchling ended up chiding the man before she had a chance to work out the situation.

The forgotten piece of meat in her hand wasn’t forgotten to Aradissicath and soon Rhaedalyn was giggling as a tongue and snout went for the meat and licked the hand that had fed her. “I think you were just given permission, I’shan,” Rhaedalyn smiled at the bluerider before feeling slightly guilty. It felt like she was going against R’nya’s wishes by being nice to I’shan which meant he might be disappointed and she hated thinking she had been the reason for that. A quick glance to the bronzerider showed he still seemed to be in rather good spirits and that was a relief but she had to wonder if she could get a story out of him later. Was it the general dislike of other men around her or was it because it was I’shan in particular? She had to know! Curiosity was a horrible thing. But it can be fun as well! Rhaedalyn blushed as her dragon replied to her thoughts since she had paid enough attention throughout all of the repeated Candidate classes to know hatchlings lacked volume control and all would hear her. At least it hadn’t been anything too embarrassing!

Aradissicath was about to answer Rhaedalyn again when Okalinath’s wriggling closer caught her attention and she turned to her elder sister. I should hope so! It’d be a terribly dysfunctional friendship if it lacked fun. Her attention was once more stolen away as Rhaedalyn guided her head not to the bucket of meat but to her lap so the girl could clean up her snout a bit before everyone started the petting hands seemed to be itching to give.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She was just so cute! I'shan grinned down at the little gold, only half-aware of R'nya's condescending words. I'shan wasn't sure what it was he'd done to make this bronzerider hate him for so long, but damn, it must have been awesome to have such a long-lasting effect. The spirited bluerider hardly cared, though. R'nya was intensely boring. He made a soft 'phhht' sound in the man's direction, not particularly caring if it was heard or not, and continued to focus on Rhae.

"Ooh, she did?" he squeaked. He waited a few moments for the little gold to finish her current bite of food before reaching down to stroke her neck. She was so soft! "She's adorable, Rhae. I remember when Ilveriath was this tiny and soft....Seems like so long ago now, you know? It's like he's always been there," he crooned adoringly, not giving R'nya as much as another glance. He found himself thinking about Ilveriathh, and how happy he was that now Rhae could have the same bond. That was the important thing, right? He continued to grin, gently stroking her neck while watching her eat. He could almost see his own little blue!

I'shan's fair was interested, too. The fire lizards appeared one by one, fluttering around for a better look at the young gold. I'shan giggled, unable to think of a way to calm them, and allowed them to go about their way. Squee boldly flew over to Rnya, chittering at him as if trying to cheer him up. Spazz was right on his tail, of course, leaving Squeak to sit sullenly in the sand and edge close to I'shan. So much commotion!

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
It would have taken a bigger man than R’nya not to be insulted, and the bronzerider was willing to admit as much – at least to himself – as he glared down his nose at the back of I’shan’s head at the bluerider’s dismissive tone as he gushed all over the baby gold. He was practically drooling, and it was disgusting. Despite that, however, R’nya was a bigger man than the desire to plant his boot firmly up I’shan’s arse and send him flying. The likely outcome of that would have been the fat bastard squashing the baby queen, and while R’nya was more than positive he wouldn’t get into a lick of trouble for abusing I’shan, he was quite sure that neither Aradissicath or nor Rhaedalyn would be pleased by the gold being squished.

Utterly disgusted by the crap I’shan was spewing, R’nya’s hand raised and he bat irritably at Squee, hardly aiming to hurt the creature but far from caring if he actually managed to strike it as it squawked in his face like an ill-trained child. Typical of I’shan, of course, the useless bastard! Shifting his irritated gaze from I’shan, R’nya’s expression mellowed as he waited for Rhaedalyn’s attention before executing a polite bow. “I will see you later, my lady.” Not bothering to hear the woman’s reply, R’nya turned neatly on his heel and strode across what was left of the Sands, meeting Xyreith as the bronze dragon landed and springing aboard with practised movements.

Kahleena
of Gold Okalinath

Date of Birth
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Like Rhaedalyn, Kahleena watched the exchange between R’nya and the golden dragonet and I’shan with wide eyes, her mouth slightly open in shock as she tried to figure out what, exactly, was going on. Okalinath offered no insight, and Kahleena watched with a frown as R’nya bowed and left, her confused gaze shifting to meet Rhaedalyn’s with concern. She had no idea what that had been about, and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to know or not.

The girl shook it off, however, as Aradissicath’s maw was cleaned and she slid off Okalinath’s nose, landing in a pile on the sand near Aradissicath and creeping closer, she gently reached out to pet the little creature, fingers light and welcoming. “You’re so pretty! And her voice is lovely!” While the first comment was directed entirely to Aradissicath, the remainder was given to Rhaedalyn. Some of the dragonet voices that could be heard did not promise of a nice life for the poor human stuck with it! This little one’s was so sweet and lovely though!

“Fun is a very important part of friendships!” Kahleena agreed, grinning brightly up at Rhaedalyn. Okalinath laughed softly, blowing warm breath across the back of Kahleena’s neck, and causing the girl’s hair to flutter. Never underestimate the fun of dysfunction! chirped playfully, and Kahleena giggled.

Yay! A terrible tag. R'nya is such a downer. Kally is fun though. She just wasn't sure what to say XD

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn really couldn’t say what just happened and could do nothing more than frown at the retreating back of R’nya. Her friend didn’t show many emotions and the ones he normally did show were hard to see unless you knew how to read his eyebrows and set of his jaw. This was something new and while she hardly believed it, she would have guessed he was annoyed, possibly even mad. Later, when she had time after caring for her pretty lady, Rhaedalyn was going to find the bronzerider and demand – in the politest of ways – to know what had happened between R’nya and I’shan to cause him to leave like he had. It was kind of sad and seeing R’nya leave almost ruined the entire good mood she was in.

Thankfully, she still had I’shan and Kahleena around to distract her from too many negative thoughts and she only shrugged at Kahleena’s look that echoed her own. For now, there was a pretty little gold to fawn over! “It is very lovely! I’m a bit relieved after hearing some of the tales going around the Weyr,” she was certain she’d still love Aradissicath no matter what but a pleasing voice that would always be in her head definitely made that love come a bit easier! The dragons with horribly grating voices must have been shy or just not ones she saw regularly since Rhaedalyn was currently having a hard time thinking of one she would cringe over if they happened to bless her with direct conversation. Niskziath, Ilveriath, and Aveleth all had pleasant voices and those were the ones she had spoken to, or hoped to, the most.

“Oh but Ilveriath’s hide is still soft and so well maintained,” Rhaedalyn quickly assured I’shan as she watched the bluerider give Aradissicath compliments. “I hope I’m able to be as good at dragon care.” Sure she helped with Niskziath’s care and even Xyreith’s but Rhaedalyn was suddenly worried over being in charge of her own dragon and making sure her darling girl didn’t itch or end up with a horrible hide. It was something she’d have to really focus on over the coming months as Aradissicath grew. No way would she be called the worst goldrider to ever Impress!

“You’ll both help me over time, right? With everything? Please?”

Aradissicath looked around at the crowd still lingering about but particularly at the two humans that were interacting the most with Rhaedalyn. They were kind and gave good pettings so they didn’t seem so bad though they made for interesting thoughts flittering through Rhaedalyn’s mind. I am already seeing how we have no choice but to deal with dysfunction. But you’re right; it may end up being fun.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan watched as R'nya took off. The bluerider was terribly, terrible amused. "Naww...Looks like someone has a bad case of butthurt," he snickered, trying his best to reel his comments in to keep form saying anything too terrible in front of the girls, but his bright and cheerful tone surely offset the jeering nature of his words. He giggled, then turned back to Rhae with a bright smile, eager to make sure she was all right after her weird pet bronzerider had taken off. "Don't mind him, I'm sure he's just busy," he assured her.

Busy being BORING!

That wasn't nice

Why would it be?

The bluerider kept grinning, then reached forward to pet Dissi's neck one more time. "I'm sure you will, Rhae! She's going to be the prettiest, softest Queen this Weyr has ever seen. You've got the best teachers ever!" Shards, he was still just walking on sunshine! He grinned widely and looked over the new gold another time, admiring how delicate and yet flexible she seemed. "I'm sure you're going to be just fine...You always pay such good attention to detail and you work so hard at everything you can do...those are the best things you can do for a new dragon, you know."
He'd learned that lesson the hard way. He made plenty of mistakes when he was a weyrling, many of which came from general immaturity or unsafe assumptions...the sorts of mistakes that he was confident Rhae wouldn't make.

He crossed his arms and looked over the pair with satisfaction.  He didn't want to leave, but he figured he probably needed to at least give them some space. But she was just so cute...

Kahleena
of Gold Okalinath

Date of Birth
Height
5'6
Eyes
Brown
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Kahleena, sprawled on her knees, was oblivious to the heat of the sand as she continued to gently pet Aradissicath, listening absently to Rhaedalyn and I’shan talking without really paying any particular attention. Okalinath crept a bit closer, snuffling at her youngest sister’s form curiously, nuzzling her side with her much bigger nose, and then settling down placidly. Sand ruffled with each exhale of breath, slowly pooling more around Aradissicath’s little paws.

“Of course!” Kahleena gushed, sitting back and leaning lazily against Okalinath’s head as she grinned up at Rhaedalyn. “You were so wonderful helping with Okalinath!” Perhaps Rhaedalyn hadn’t always been the most eager to help her out, but the other girl had always assisted when Kahleena asked her, and the younger woman appreciated that very much! It had been strange, and difficult, becoming a dragonrider and she knew she’d have had even more difficulty adjusting without her friends! “That’s what we’re here for!”

It has been fun thus far! the gold replied, tilting her head under Kahleena’s arm to peer at Aradissicath. Okalinath’s eyes were swirling with fond amusement as she poked around on the edge of Kahleena’s mind, picking up on some of the fun adventures the two women had already had. She could only imagine all the mischief they would get up to now that Aradissicath was in tow! It will be wonderful!

Kahleena stood up slowly, Okalinath raising her head alongside her, and slowly standing up. Kahleena smiled brightly. “You should probably get her to the barracks! She’ll be asleep before you know it!” Okalinath had been a small hatchling, but even she had been too big to lug around! Aradissicath looked like she might even be bigger (Okalinath snorted in amusement) and what dignified dragonet wanted to be carried around by a staggering young woman?!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn nodded slowly at the eager replies and finally smiled. She was so glad she had friends that would help her learn how to tend to a dragon! Of course she had helped with several others over the turns but this was her own, it was entirely different! She’d have to pay attention to things far more closely than ever before. The actual dragonriders knew when their dragons were hungry or needed oiling and they simply collected her at that time and she enjoyed the day of scrubbing down the soft hide and oiling it afterward. Now, hunger, dry skin, any sort of oddities, they were all up to her to catch in a timely manner!

Just as Kahleena said, sleepiness was something she’d have to watch as well. Aradissicath was enjoying all of the attention but she did seem to be drooping a bit more now that her belly was full of fresh meat. Rhaedalyn was feeling the tug of sleep as well, and while she suspected some of it was from her own long day, it was stronger than usual and seemed to be tied to her sweet golden girl. “I think you’re right, Kally. Sleep is beginning to sound like a wonderful idea!”

Rhaedalyn cupped her dragon’s face within her hands and smiled at the little thing before planting a kiss high on Aradissicath’s snout. “Shall we get going? We can socialize some more tomorrow, especially since I think there will be a feast in your honour.” It would be in the honour of all the dragonets that hatched that day but to Rhaedalyn, it was certainly designed to cheer for her Impression to a wonderful gold dragonet. I think I should like that. You have nice friends and they can entertain us again tomorrow.

“I hope I’m not being rude,” Rhaedalyn added shyly, glancing down at the sand for a moment before looking up at a still glowing I’shan – it was like he was the one that Impressed that day! “We would both like to see you again soon, and please bring Ilveriath! I think they would get along well.” She hoped they would, anyway! It was a fear of hers that her dragon wouldn’t get along with her friends or their dragons but given Xyreith’s cranky outlook on life, it was already a given he wouldn’t like Aradissicath either. Yet, even with his sourness, she was still good friends with R’nya so that was a bit of hope to hang on to.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)