World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Harper's Wherry [N'Kal]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Optional challenge: Make many funny things happen
Being a healthy individual, he had never had much of a need to visit the healing hall. He'd heard of "the Wherry" receptionist and had always envisioned a small, two-footed dragon sitting on a stool and directing people with toothy smiles. A month ago, she'd visited the MetalCraft hall right as they were preparing to close up shop and requested a special job for her daughter's son's daughter - or was it her cousin's son's daughter? Being tired, he hadn't the brainpower to remember, but did note that Wherry was indeed not a dragon but a human. The project had been completed, and the delivery date had come and gone with no pickup, no payment, and no further instructions or contact.

Oahvakeen found himself struggling to walk as he slowly tortoised his way through the waxed halls, burdened with the heavy, bulky, and awkward instrument. The loosely wrapped hide-skin that protected and covered it only complicated things, as it was constantly threatening to flop off, over, or otherwise hinder his progress.

When he reached the entrance of Harper Hall, he set it on the ground and knelt. There, he could wipe his brow and heave properly in exhaustion, and proceeded to do so liberally. Next, he examined the stitching that served to bind the makeshift covering pouch. Sewing had never been his forte. The threads had come unraveled, and this seemed to be why the skin was being so difficult, though it could not account for the harp's size or weight.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

Written By: DeeStar
N'kal had been in one of his odd moods that day and for whatever reason he found himself in the Harper Hall. It was very rare that he went into the actual craft halls as he had no actual craft and had no true business in there. Today however he had managed to wander the weyr and grounds and his feet had carried toward the sound of music that he often missed. Music had been one of his favorite things about Fort Weyr, there were always Harpers in and around Hall, Hold, and Weyr.

A rather lively tune had just been finished and he was about to make his way back out of the Hall, keeping out of the way of Harpers, the few they had, was always a good thing in his mind. As he looked around for the quickest way out he saw a scrawny, or scrawny by his measurement, red headed boy, fighting to get through the crowd with a rather large bundle of....something. His first instinct was to laugh only because it seemed the object he was trying to move was twice the size he was. When said boy stopped and set the thing down, kneeling to apparently catch his breath, N'kal started his way, it was the way he intended to go to get out of the Harper Hall after all.

When he got over to where the boy sent kneeling and checking the haphazard covering on the item he crossed his arms over his chest and lifted his brow slightly. "Where are you goin' with that boy?", he asked in his usual blunt and rough sort of way. Whatever it was, it was obviously intended for the Harpers, but he didn't want the kid to kill himself by continuing to move something that was obviously to heavy for him. Why he had not asked someone to help him before he started the journey from wherever to here was far beyond him, but he had to say, at least he had the nerve to try, rather then sitting down and crying and whining about it like he had seen some do.

I really have no idea yet what to do for comedy..sorry lol

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At first, his ears heard a deep snarling menace of a tone demanding to know what he was doing, why, and why he was messing it all up. It was all he could do to look up towards the sound, as fast as his neck could manage. There, he saw a rugged looking man with a chiseled face and hints of facial hair that wouldn't fully emerge until night time. He realized he was staring and looked away quickly. He also realized that the tone had not been that icy at all, but merely his anxiety over his state had exaggerated the words in his ears.

"Yes harpermaster. I mean, no harpermaster. Er-", he shook his head negatively and nodded positively, and then reversed the actions, and finally look up a second time. "I finished the harp, harpermaster.", he finally made some semblance of coherence.

He stopped what he was doing and gathered the harp in his arms, rose, and attempted to plunk the thing into the stranger's chest. "Whew", he breathed a sigh of strain as he did so.

"Don't forget to check your payment in, later.", he murmured. Somehow, as he took a step backwards to retreat back to his crafter hidey-hole of a hall, the motion caused him to loose his balance, and he fell backwards on his rear end. He gathered his strength to rise to a standing position, his cheeks blushing with his shattered pride and feelings of inadequate masculinity.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Clue 14:

A couple of gossiping girls walk past, giggling as they try (and fail) to keep their conversation private.

“I heard one of the healers found some lost paperwork in healer hall. It was a request form for some sort of heavy sedative, written in the same handwriting as that list!”

“Which list?!”

“You know…the one with tansy on it! The one that the greenrider and candidate found in the dining hall!”

The other girl squealed. “So…The same person who made that list ordered sedative from the healers?! It must be the killer!”

“I know!” the other girl gasped. “But you know, Talian said he never saw that paperwork before. He doesn’t think it’s real!”

“Well, he’s also crazy. He tried to kill himself, remember! And he has a dragon now, so it’s not like he’s been combing over every piece of paper in there…Rumor has it he doesn’t even go there much anymore. Who cares what he thinks?”

“You’re probably right. Maybe he’s trying to protect the killer!”

“Or just trying to look smarter than everyone else…”

The first girl paused. “So wait…if they requested it, who picked it up?”

The other girl grinned wickedly. “No one did! The request was never filled. No one even remembers seeing it.”

“Wow…weird! Maybe they gave up and stole it!”

“Yep…”

After a little more giggling, they vanish down the hall.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

He hadn't meant to scare the kid, but it seemed that he had done just that. He tended to forget he could be rather imposing on occasion, with being over six feet of scruff and muscle. He wasn't like some of the younger riders, he was old and ornery and he tended to need reminding to be a bit nicer to those who weren't used to his personality. The kid he was looking down at seemed to realize he was gawking at him, and when he looked away N'kal realized he was being his usual imposing self.

"Hey Sor-", his words were cut short however when the boy started a rapid fire assault of words that N'kal couldn't quite grasp at first until the rather large item was basically shoved into his arms. It all happened so fast that N'kal nearly dropped the damn thing! "Hey...wait..Harper? Harp? Payment What!?!"

He grunted and put the damn harp down before he did drop it, and when the actual harpermaster found out it would be his arse in the dung so to speak. "Oy kid! Git your arse back here!", he said when he started to back up, which somehow landed the boy on said arse on the floor. Slightly growly he reached down, one hand on the harp, one extended to him. It was while he was waiting for the kid to take his hand that he heard the giggling, gossiping, girls with their not so quiet conversation. He turned his eyes to them, glaring slightly at their blatant disrespect for whom and what they were speaking of. Foolish girls with no common sense.

Once the girls had finished speaking and moved away he turned his attention to the crafter boy on the floor. "Well c'mon then boy...I haven't got all day, and I am sure the Harpermaster hasn't got all day to wait for this blasted..what is it again?", he had forgotten just that quickly what the over sized package was, he was now more concerned with the information he had just heard, and what to do with it IF any of it were truth.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It had been a long day, he was proud of his work, and the last thing that he wanted to do was deal with any confusion or additional rejection. But there was indeed confusion, and the Harper Master seemed surprised, and perhaps angry - yes, angry, by the words he'd just used.

"Who you calling a kid?", he called back, and turned to look. He took note of the man's size and stature. "Oh.", he answered his own question with a dejected look.

There was a gaggle of girls talking and giggling about something or other. His ears couldn't help but pick up a few key words like 'paper' and 'murder', and he couldn't help but give a glance in their direction. As he did so, he realized that it was probably all gossip and speculation, and that those girls were way above his level, anyways. He didn't want to know what they were saying anymore.

The man was holding out the harp to him now, and he instinctively reached to take it. When he had taken it, he realized that he was now back where he started, and taking the harp back was the wrong thing to do. He tried to hand it back, until he heard the words the man was saying. And then he huddled it close to his chest and frowned.

"A harp? Why don't you want to take the harp-er, present? The Wherry had it custom built for you with painstaking details. Why don't you you try it out then, see how your fingers like it and maybe you will change your mind?", he was still very, very confused, but convinced that he was right. And besides, insisting that he was right took far less energy than figuring out what was going on.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal raised his brow, a stern look in his eyes as said kid back talked him. "You, ya scrawny runt.", he was suddenly not in the mood for back talk, even from a kid. The irritating group of girls passed by soon enough and his attention for the moment was back on the boy before him. Why he was annoyed with the boy he didn't know, he supposed it was the chatter of the girls and the gossip they were spreading, either way he took a moment and tried to calm his irritation. It was not the boy's fault.

Having given the boy back his ridiculously large whatever it was N'kal stood with his arms crossed, brow still up. He took a step back when he tried to hand it back to him, what the hell did he want it for? He was no harper, though he was in the Harper Hall and usually only harpers resided there. He did feel kind of bad for him, he was so scrawny and the object was rather cumbersome, even for him, considering his arms had to have three times the muscle.

"Harp? What in the name of the Egg do I want a harp for? I'm no harper boy!" He gave a laugh as he realized what the hell was going on, this boy though him a harper, him! "Wouldn't know how to play it even if I wanted to. Tell you what though..I will help you take it to someone who can give it to whoever it was made for." 'Well this is a first...some crazy kid thought I was a harper!', he told Torath, greatly amused now that he wasn't confused or annoyed. Oh, If only I could fit in the Harper Hall, Torath replied, equally amused from outside the Hall, sunning himself like the lazy lump he was becoming.

He rocked back on his heels a bit then decided to give his name to the boy, offering a hand to shake. "Name's N'kal, rider of Bronze Torath. Definitely not a harper."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

When Oahvakeen found himself the victim of verbal abuse, his eyes widened both in horror and indignation. Shouldn't he be upset he was being called mean names? Since when was he a 'scrawny runt'? He tried to summon up some courage. Nope. Nothing happened, so the indignation part fled his expression and he was just left with horror. This was the part where he should start running from the man who would surely be forever punching him in the face, throwing him in the trash, dropping him from 10,000 feet from a dragon. You know, the usual bully stuff.

Before he had time to react, he found the harp being shoved back into him. He made a grunt of effort as it hit his stomach lightly. Not enough to leave a bruise, but enough for Oahvakeen to identify that the harp was made with a hard metal, not cushy feathers.

"I-I-I...", he had begun to stammer. "I-I-I-....", he managed to back up a step, expecting a swing to come towards his face at any moment. His assured, calm, and collected facade was completely gone, showing the true Oahvakeen, one who was frightened, and small.

The man's speech changed, and he stared up in bewilderment, not sure what to expect now. When no fist came near his head, he figured out that the offer to find this someone who could give it to whomever the harp was meant for - he'd now forgotten - was a genuine one.

"Oahvakeen. I definitely did not piss my pants...", he returned the gesture, giving a long gulp. His pants were dry in the literal sense, but not in the figurative sense.

He waited for N'Kal to begin to lead the way to this someone who knew someone else who would get this heavy harp off of his hands.

-- fade out / exit --

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah... I have too many threads open for my own good so I'm going to try to gracefully bow out of this one.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal lifted a brow when the boy started to stutter at him. Well damn, that just made him feel like a sorry ass of a rider. He hadn't meant to scare the wits out of the kid. He softened even more, dropped his arms and relaxed his stance. "Relax kid, I'm not goin' to hurt ya or anythin', just don't want some harpers...harp."

He gave him a nod then a chuckle at his words. "Well that's good then. Here give me that damn thing, let's go find the owner yeah?", he offered with a bit of a smile, taking the harp he hefted it then went off to find someone who could tell them where the damn thing went.

[Exit/End Thread]

No worries darlin! :)

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)