World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Some help here? [R'nya]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
R'ana was going to murder Shanith when she found her.  The dragon was up to something, she just knew it.  She only screened her out when she was trying to help her.  Unfortunately Shanith's 'help' often resulted in as much trouble as whatever her sweet, loveable, overly helpful, trouble seeking, pest of a dragon was trying to 'fix'.

You're going to get me lashed again.  The message didn't get through and R'ana continued her search.  The damn dragon had to be around here somewhere.  And when R'ana found here, she was going to murder her. 

She jogged around the weyr, ignoring the occasional raised eyebrow, and guffaw, as well as the sound of people making bets as to what Shanith had done this time. 

Meanwhile, Shanith had found the pair she was looking for, on their way from breakfast.  She backwinged to neatly land in front of them.  Hi Xyreith!  Hi, R'nya!  She wriggled with joy, bugling her delight with herself to the weyr.  I am so glad I found you two!  Can you help R'ana?  Please?

She lowered her head to look at R'nya, letting out a soft croon of appeal.  She wriggled as she waited for an answer, unaware she had neglected to tell them what she was asking for help with. 

As she rounded the corner to the gather square, R'ana looked disheveled, and out of breath, having gone for her morning run and being headed to the bathhouse when she had realized she couldn't feel or find Shanith.  Though she usually looked better put together, now she looked like someone coming straight out of hard exercise. 

Shanith!  There you are!  She raced over to her dragon, tripping midway there, and taking the fall with a wince.  She stood and limped to them, saying, "Whatever it is she did this time, I'm really sorry and I'll set it to rights, I swear, sir." 

Can change the date to a better one if need be.  :)
Edit; just added a time frame =)

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Xyreith was just getting back from his morning hunt, the bronze dragon curling up in a nice space outside the dining hall and cleaning himself meticulously while R’nya finished up his own breakfast, the bronzerider picking up an apple and buffering it on his shirt as he walked quietly out of the hall, nodding to someone that called out a greeting but not bothering to stop and chat. He really wasn’t into the mindless babble a lot of his fellows seemed keen to engage in, and he really wasn’t interested in listening to people bitch about S’kef taking power and how bronzes were better and blah blah blah.

Bronzes are better. a pause. Sir The sound of Xyreith’s voice was muffled with irritation at his lifemate’s thoughts; the dragon was entirely convinced that a bronze (most specifically, himself) should have been the one in the cosy position of Weyrleader’s dragon, while his human took the worshipping attentions of those that were below him, as they should all be located. R’nya ignored his dragon’s bad mood and mouthy comment, biting into his apple as he left the Hall, bowing slightly to one of the Candidate girls he was usually surrounded by. Unlike the rest of the male population, R’nya wasn’t a sexual creature, and his time spent with the young women was entirely innocent; he was a friend they didn’t need to worry about trying to get into their pants.

Even though most would like you there, Xyreith inserted, his tone somewhere between bitter and amused. The bronze dragon enjoyed Flying, and he especially enjoyed it when his bonded took time to Fly pretty ladies. That he so very rarely did so only increased the bronze dragon’s desire to Fly anything, which mostly resulted in him occasionally winning a female ridden green. He was accepting enough of his human’s odd quirks to not fly the ones who claimed a human of the same sex as his rider. Xyreith supposed he could understand the disdain. After all, bronzes didn’t fly blue!

R’nya shook his head slightly in response to Xyreith’s snippy comment, before halting suddenly and peering with a blink up at the green dragon that had just landing right in front of him. The bronzerider’s face was stoic as he waited, his mild distaste with being bespoken by another dragon not showing on his face as he raised an eyebrow at the green beast, while Xyreith walked over placidly, but with an air about him that was far more a predator eyeing off his next meal. The bronze didn’t bother to speak, but he so rarely bespoke anyone but R’nya that that was no surprise.

“Help her how, Shanith?” R’nya’s voice was mild and not particularly giving away of how he was feeling about the excitable dragon’s appearance as he waited for her rider to appear from somewhere. She usually wasn’t too far behind the beast when she went on her expeditions. She’s coming, Sir, his dragon warned him mildly moments before R’ana came into view, and the bronzerider turned just slightly, so he could address her rather than the dragon as she came to a stop before them.

“She has not done anything,” R’nya assured her quietly, (yet) ignoring his dragon’s input as he nodded in greeting before continuing, “Shanith has simply requested our assistance. She has yet to explain with what.” An eyebrow arched upward, as if asking the woman if she had any idea what your silly creature was talking about, for he most certainly did not!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana frowned.  Shanith's memory was not that short, her jokes about her dragon's short term memory aside.  They had spoken, in length, about how the dragon was to leave the browns and the bronzes....and yes, the golds too, alone!  That included the riders.

She tipped her head.  What on earth could R'nya help her with?  Puzzlement showed on her face and Shanith happily filled them in. 

R'ana!  Someone told me that S'kef's starting wing practices!  Tomorrow!  And I know you don't want wing practices to start becuase you'll get lashed again, so I was going to find Tyrrisath and tell him to tell S'kef to wait, but I found R'nya instead and you said he did a great job turning his wing into one of the best ones, so maybe he can make you into a good dragonrider and you won't be hurt anymore when we're both trying!  Because we'll be a good dragon and a good rider!

They lied.  She spoke quietly to her dragon.  I don't know what game he's playing, but Weyrleader S'kef is not starting wing practices, not until he knows who he can depend on for wing leaders and wing seconds.

R'ana resisted the urge to bang her head against a hard surface until she was unconscious or she woke up again this morning and decided not to let Shanith go and snuggle with Berruth. 

She was unaware that Shanith had broadcasted her words to R'nya and Xyreith, or she would have apologized for her actions and spoke differently.  She spoke quietly, anger clipping her words.  "My apologies.  Someone lied to my dragon and she took action based on that lie."  And she would personally fillet the idiot that had once she found out who it was, she would!

But, you're going to get hurt again when wing practices do start.  And you're trying, you drill a lot and stay in shape and you....you try. The greens tail began to lash and R'ana turned to her to try and calm her.  She spoke aloud, not liking the tell but knowing the sound of her voice calmed the green sometimes.  "I'll try harder love.  I don't want to bug anyone when they have better things to do."  She petted her dragon to calm her, and when the green settled, turned again to R'nya. 

"I am sorry about this, sirs."  She nodded to the bronze to show respect.  "I will do my best to keep a better handle on my dragon."  She didn't think she could but hoped that respect would get her out of this without getting in trouble.  Her current ambition was to fly as far below the radar as she could, it was safest for her and Shanith.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya’s eyebrows arched upward once more as the excitable green dragon’s voice penetrated his brain without a care for his own desires to hear her or not, and he felt Xyreith bristle indignantly, the bronze dragon’s eyes swirling with distaste as he felt his rider’s mind being bombarded by the green dragon, as if the slutty little minx had any right to touch his rider’s mind! R’nya hushed the great bronze with barely so much as a conscious twitch, eyebrows lowering and lips pursing slightly as he considered the things she was saying.

R’nya was not in S’kef’s immediate social circle, if only by his own desire to be outside of the line of fire. He didn’t want to be a part of the gossip circle, and he certainly didn’t need people parading around trying to champion him for the position of Weyrleader. R’nya had little desire for positions of responsibility, and while he was more than capable of stepping up to the plate and leading forward with skill, the bronzerider was quite content to be a follower. Not because he was lazy, but simply because following resulted in far less attention and R’nya was not a fan of being in the spot light.

“I see.” R’nya drawled, half in response to the dragon’s input, and half in reply to that of her rider. R’nya was a long way from as sexist as many of the riders that called Katila home, never mind the rest of Pern, but he was not one to champion the position of female riders. He was a firm believer that the women could be in far better places than upon a dragon, but he was not one to make their lives miserable because of it. He would not have been surprised if the lie had sprung from someone from the far narrower minded end of the spectrum. Getting female riders into trouble was often a sport for many of the male rider population, especially if it happened to further convince the higher up’s that women should not be allowed on the sands.

“What issues are you having?” Besides controlling her whore dragon? Xyreith inserted snidely, though R’nya ignored him, not even batting an eye to give away the bronze dragon’s quip as he patiently awaited R’ana’s response. The snippy inserts were a habit the bronze dragon had been in favour of since the first moment they had bonded and after their turns together, R’nya was very used to it, to the degree that a visible response was very rare indeed.

While R’nya had never given his female wingriders any special treatment, that had also included not being an uncommonly harsh bastard to them, either. Many of his fellow Wingleaders had treated women even more harshly, because they were women, and made a point of their failures as a result of their sex. R’nya preferred to simply stick with the fact that they were far from his preferred style of rider, but then, there were worse. Like the greenrider B’jin, who took no pride in being a dragonrider at all; a circumstance he expected to affect many of the younger riders since the Plague. With so few desiring to be a rider, it was only natural to result in less and less that were dragonrider quality. A couple of the women in his wing had put forth far more effort than B’jin had in the entire time he’d trained them; Lazy bastard.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Shanith calmed and let herself soothed, but a quick look at the bronze dragon told her that the beast was unhappy.  She petted Shanith calm, then murmured to her, "How about you go see the weyrbrats?  I seem to remember them being disappointed they couldn't paint a dragon yesterday and you love being painted."

Shanith gave a squeal of glee and gathered herself to take off.  R'ana remembered then and said, "Where I can see you, love."  She felt her dragon's grumble then agreement when R'ana pointed it was partly to protect her from the children.

The dragon took off and landed in the middle of the creche, soon mobbed with children wanting to pet and paint her.  The excitable green was popular with the children of Katila.  Not as much as Grith, but in the running for second place.

Xyreith was given an apologetic glance.  Shanith wouldn't speak to either one from this distance.  She hoped. 

R'ana faced R'nya then and considered his question.  A hand dipped into her pocket as she wondered how much he could be trusted.  She came up with a handful of beads, then figured she owed him an explanation. whether or not the consequences would be too much for her.  And her clumsiness was common knowledge.

Making sure her dear sweet nuisance was occupied, she spoke quietly, so Shanith wouldn't get upset.  "I'm clumsy.  Always running into something or someone, tripping over my own two feet, or even someone else's.  The harder I try to correct it, the worse it gets.  It makes the on foot drills...chaos.  Add that Shanith has to be grounded after two hours in the air to the mix and it's a recipe for a hacked off wingleader.  I don't blame him, I wouldn't want me in my wing if I was him."

She looked down then.  "I've been trying, drilling by myself, keeping active.  Sitting in on weyrling classes from time to time."  She knew it sounded like an excuse.

The issue sounded so simple put like that.  But even the female riders despised her for it since every singe time she screwed up it was used as an example of why females shouldn't ride fighting dragons.  Par'a was patient with her, but she was just about the only one.  It made it difficult for her to find friends and made for life being lonely. 

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya watched the woman send her dragon away, not having to ask Xyreith if he had had any direct hand in it; his dragon wouldn’t dare make such a move without it being approved first by R’nya’s own desires; his control of his dragon was nearly as good as the immaculate control the we- D’ren had over his great beast, though the poor bastard was wasting away as slowly as his rider these days. It was a sad sight, to see such a proud beast reduced to a dirty, uncared for lump. A chill crept down the back of R’nya’s spine, but he made no visible response to the slow crawling sensation.

“I see,” R’nya murmured mildly, watching R’ana with a thoughtful light to his eyes as he thought about what she had offered up. While it was far more common for women to be pointed out as useless as far as dragonriding was concerned, it was not unusual for one to simply fail to grasp the required aspects in order to be adequate, never mind good – or even great. The skill to ride a dragon came as naturally to some as the ability to ride a horse; the rest of them were left with just as much need to live and learn as anyone else. Not everyone had that ability to make it to adequate, however, and R’nya pursed his lips thoughtfully as he shifted his gaze to watch the green and the swam of excited children that were attacking her.

“Have you considered other options?” R’nya’s serious blue-grey gaze returned to R’ana and he eyed her frankly, though the look was without so much as a whisper of sexual intent. Instead, he was measuring her up, considering what it was he was going to say. “If you are trying, and still failing, you are unlikely to ever succeed.” Harsh, perhaps, but spoken with a bland honesty that told the other rider R’nya wasn’t sugar coating anything, nor was he being insulting. Pausing for a moment, R’nya decided to wait and see how she would respond, before offering up the ideas he had lingering.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana would happily settle for adequate, let alone good.  Adequate was enough, it would mean no more lashes for laziness or clumsiness or just plain being a bad example.  Adequate meant that noone would get killed for her clumsiness if thread fell or they had to do more than practice flying in wings.  She felt Shanith start to pay attention to her thought stream and turned to watch her being swarmed with children.

She didn't spot her own in the group, and made a note to ask why later.  Shanith withdrew, deciding that all R'ana was doing was talking with R'nya and that wasn't something she needed to be involved in.  She nosed at a bucket of paint, stretched out and let the children start to paint her. 

R'ana shuddered at the feeling of paint on skin the dragon sent her and gave a wry smile.  She'd have to scrub her extra well later.  Shanith perked at the thought of a bath and oiling, humming softly.

While I bathe you, we will have a long talk about protocol and why it exists.  We're lucky R'nya seems to understand somewhat.  Most of the bronzers would have me lashed for this, you know.  Shanith shifted, extending a wing for a child to reach and seemed to ignore her rider's worry over another broken rule.   

R'nya looked her over.  It was odd, it didn't feel sexual, and for a moment she envied the gold candidates his company...Though with her reputation of only sleeping with someone when her dragon was in the skies few people showed interest in her.  The company she chose was undemanding.  It was nice being a background character sometimes.  The moment of envy didn't show and she let him weigh her, wondering quietly if she was found wanting. 

She took a moment to think about his words, absently stepping aside to let a brownrider pass, then settling into her former position.  Chocolate brown eyes stayed focused on him but lowered as she thought.  "It does feel like beating my head against a wall.  By other options, do you mean other ways for me to be useful to the weyr other than as a wingrider, or other options for picking up the skills I need to learn?"  She shifted to watch his bronze, hoping the beast was calming down, then let her gaze flick back to the rider. 

"I had thought about asking if I could work on categorizing and organizing the weyr's rocords and paperwork.  I love the stuff, it was why I went to harper hall before I was searched.  And I had thought of asking for help, but most of the people I thought of have better things to do with their time than help one greenrider."

Shanith had been listening in quietly, and spoke to Xyreith, relaxing as she was painted aqnd keeping her mental presence in R'ana's mind unnoticed.  She'd thought of approaching someone about remedial dragon riding classes.  There are a few who struggle as she does.  And since she's trying to come up with a way to apologize to you both for my actions, I should.  I'm sorry.  The green wasn't quite, she suspected her actions would have the effect of R'ana getting help, but since her rider was so worried about her breaching protocol, she would pretend to be sorry. 

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

“The former,” R’nya said lightly, still watching the woman before him with a calculating expression.  The bronzerider was not a teacher-type, and by his definition, if she was still struggling to learn the basics after so long being bonded to her dragon, than to him, that meant she would never learn. He wasn’t trying to be cruel or callous, but the natural born rider failed to understand how someone could still struggle, and still try. Obviously, the best thing for her to do – for her own wellbeing, and that of her companions – would be to change the direction of her focus. No one liked being a failure, so it was better to find something she could shine at. Whomever her previous Wingleader was needed his head whacked with a heavy log. Xyreith sniggered.

R’nya nodded slightly. “Likely they do,” he replied frankly, not bothering to sugar coat either his words of the topic they were covering. Very few dragonriders, of any colour, had the time to coddle those that were falling behind. Most assumed the worse had been cut from the ranks by the Plague, though that wasn’t quite a thought process R’nya himself aligned to. The plague was a terrible disaster, and it was careless and cruel with those that it knocked out. It didn’t pick off the lousy dragonriders, it took out all bar those that were lucky… if surviving as one of barely two hundred were lucky!

“You could try speaking with the goldriders,” he offered mildly, for the y were the ones the namely handled such things as the paperwork that went on in the Weyr. Whether or not they would be receptive to letting a greenrider into their circle was debatable, at best, but R’nya personally didn’t see any huge issues with it. Perhaps the only misconduct that could come of it would be the woman learning things she should not be privy to. Even then, who would listen to the failed greenrider?

The bronzerider brushed a hand lightly over the short and well maintained hair on his jaw. “Additional options could be assisting with the Weyrlings. Krypth will soon have another clutch on the Sands.” Of course, he couldn’t imagine that she’d be easily welcomed as an actual Weyrlingmaster, but as an assistant, R’nya saw no reason why she should find any issues with letting one of the ‘Master’s take her on. Some would be irksome because of her sex, but not all of them, surely!

Xyreith turned his eye to stare at the green dragon across the way, his nose crinkling in distaste when she bespoke him, eyes darkening to less pleasant shades as he continued to stare at her without responding. Xyreith was not a chatty dragon – unless it was to make snarky comments to his rider – and was generally displeased when others took it upon themselves to speak to him. Having a green be so bold as to speak to him directly caused the beast noticeable disgust. Stupid creature!

R’nay placed a hand lightly on the creature’s side, calming him enough that his lip relaxed, though his eyes retained the hot and disdainful cast.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She stilled as he thought, blinking when he confirmed her thoughts, but relaxing when he didn't sugarcoat things.  She had enough of that from her firends. 

She tipped her head at his suggestions, felt a rush of gratitude that she knew showed.  She took a breath and thought it over quietly.

"I'll probably speak to the gold riders.  I'll have to be careful and keep Shanith occupied elsewhere but that's manageable.  I love seeing the weyrlings learn and watching how everyone trains them and teaches them, though.  Both could work well if I can convince the new weyrling master that Shanith won't be a bad example for the dragons."

She thought.  "I have a friend who might Stand for the clutch...It would be great to be able to help him if he impresses."

Speaking of Shanith, why was Xyreith bristling like that?  R'ana put it together, and whirled to look at her dragon.  Shanith.  He doesn't like you.  Leave him be!

But I'm helping!

Stop.  Helping!  She paused and thought, then added, Please?.

Shanith gave a displeased hiss, but obeyed, the children knowing she would never make a noise like that at them.  It was followed by a croon, the green giving the mental equivilant of an offended Hmph! and the cold shoulder to R'ana. 

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

“That would be the main concern,” R’nya conceded. It would not do to teach the Weyrlings the wrong things, or that something was appropriate or acceptable when it was not. Anyone who purposefully did that wouldn’t be put in a position to teach, of course, but unintentionally teaching the youngsters bad habits was to be avoided, for the wellbeing of their own future, as well as the general life of the population. It was so much easier when people just slipped into their new life and went about it, than fighting it or causing issues!

The woman was eyed for a moment, R’nya nodding after a second. “They need friends,” he stated frankly. That was perhaps why he’d allowed himself to be dragged into the position he generally found himself in now, where he was occupied and entertaining various young goldriders, or gold candidates. It really wasn’t all that bad of a position to be in, and R’nya knew several of his fellow bronzeriders actually envied the trust and friendship he had built with the young women. Of course, if they weren’t all itching to get into the girls’ pants, they’d probably be more successful in befriending them themselves. Instead, he generally found they were asking – begging, occasionally – him to be rid of them.

R’nya gave a last nod. “That would by my recommendation. If those options were to fail, then I would agree that additional training sessions are in order, but I doubt they will do much.” It would depend upon the teacher, but R’nya wasn’t quite the type to put much faith in different teaching styles. Some things worked, some things didn’t, but R’nya had found that once a student failed for long enough, they tended to come to the conclusion they would always fail. Once that happened, they truly were a lost cause.

>< sorry, it's a pretty shitty tag. Hopefully I gave you enough to go off >>

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana was still startled that he wanted her to befriend the gold riders.  She thought it over carefully.  On one hand it was a startling idea.  She was green rider and one with no real pull beside, unless you counted pull with the group that had dubbed itself the outcasts. 

On the other hand...R'ana was harmless.  Thanks to Par'a she had a rough idea of her own reputation in the weyr.  A bit repressed sexually, very quiet unless her dragon was involved.  A habit to take in the strays of the weyr, and more or less an unknown quantity. 

She spoke quietly.  "I'll try with the gold riders first, sir."  She spoke quietly.  "Lord knows they might need  more than one someone who can keep their mouth shut around them.  While Shanith never shuts up, I never did see use for flapping my gums when I've not much to say." 

She looked to him again, in thought.  She wasn't sure how to repay him for his time and advice, and thanking him didn't seem like enough, when she knew if she was careful, following it could mean no more lashings. 

Finally she offered, "I'm due to make Shanith a batch of oil over the next week.  Probably within the next couple of days if I find enough lavender to scent it with.  Would it be helpful if I made you a batch of unscented oil for Xyreith?  At his size he must go through the stuff pretty fast."  It was a way of offering him something for the trouble of having Shanith interrupt his morning, at least.

R'nya
of Bronze Xyreith

Date of Birth
13.09.697, 46
Height
6'
Eyes
Grey-blue
Build
Fit, athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

R’nya nodded slightly, folding his arms across his chest in a slow manner, and leaning backwards on his heels. The action was not meant to come across as threatening, and if it appeared that way, the bronzerider was completely oblivious to it. The young women he spent most of his time around had grown used to his ways, and would often tell him if he did something they found amusing – or not – whatever that might be; usually such moments were accompanied by massive amounts of pouting and wide eyes. It might not have been uncommon for R’nya to do something that would result in such attentions, but that was certainly not his intent at that moment.

“True enough,” he agreed, not bothering to elaborate. Not all the goldriders might welcome a green into their midst, but he was fairly sure they would mostly not be overly unkind to R’ana. Well, most of them, at any rate, and those that would be kind to her would also be the most likely to inform R’nya if she was unwelcomed amongst the others. Then he could politely step in and shuffle her off to play with the other greenriders. Pleased with that, R’nya nodded again, pursing his lips slightly for a moment before relaxing his expression. He swayed forward slightly, as if preparing to take a step, before an eyebrow arched upward and his full attention returned to R’ana as she spoke.

“That would be appreciated.” R’nya wasn’t really keen on making his own oil – it was a messy, time consuming process – but it wasn’t something he had to do often, namely because he had a hoard of pretty little goldriders and goldrider hopefuls that were more than happy to mix up batches of pretty floral scented oil for Xyreith. The bronze, naturally, did not approve – but R’nya found the whole process both adorable and highly amusing. “Xyreith would appreciate the gesture.” He added, turning his single-arched eyebrow expression upon the bronze dragon, who grunted out a snort. The man would have smiled, but that probably would have frightened too many people.

“I really must be off, my lady.” She’s not a lady. She’s a green whore. “I really must be on my way.” The bronzerider gave no indication of his snippy beast’s input; he never did and it would be a strange day, when Xyreith’s comments became public. Everyone knew the beast was sour, but no one knew what a bully he was. R’nya had every intention of keeping it that way!

:| I feel like I broke a lot of the ‘wall there. >> sorry. Midnight posting xD but I’ve made you wait so long >> Apologies!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'ana tensed a bit at his motion and edged back half a step before she stopped herself.  He was thinking, not trying to be scary, there was no call acting like he would hit her.  Either he would resent it or it would give him an idea she didn't want him getting.  Both were bad.

She relaxed a bit when he said she could make him oil, relief at being able to be useful flashing across her face.  It was good to be useful.  At Xyreith's snort she nodded, a bit dubious about the dragon's appreciation.  Maybe he did indeed choose to smell like flowers on purpose?  She couldn't see it, Xyreith seemed to be rigidly a grumpy male dragon.  Nah, the snort was approval.  Probably.  She hoped.

R'ana took a moment to work over a list of what she'd need, then satisfied she'd only be needing to forage for some of it, nodded to herself.  She loved making things, whether it was oil for a dragon, a ball for a dragon, or shaping stone to look like a dragon.  She wondered then why R'nya had said he had needed to go but hadn't left yet.  Another second and she blushed, and stepped aside with an apology.  Stupid of her to not realize she was in his way.

She heard a squeal from Shanith and turned towards the source, then sprinted for her dragon.  She didn't see the greenriders until she nearly ran into them, pulled up sharply to avoid a collision and slid instead, landing on her ass.  Thankfully, they hadn't noticed her surpassing her own record for clumsiness instead laughing at the unfortunate T'shiro.  She was glad of that though her relief only lasted a moment.  She heard one of them notice her fall, winced at the words 'disgrace of a greenrider', then went with her usual reaction to gossip of pretending she hadn't heard it. 

T'shiro...she'd seen that name before!  R'nya's request to demote him, she thought.  Gossip faded from her mind as she heard Shanith announce, I'm fine!  Sorry I squealed, but it hurt for a moment!  R'ana sighed and rested her head on her knee, then got up with a grumbled curse.  Hopefully, R'nya hadn't seen that or was more concerned with gossip than with clumsy riders. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:

Clue 18:

A pair of greenriders stoll by, not seeming to care that they have an audience.

“That guy used to be your wingleader, right?”

“Yep. He’s okay. His wingsecond was a dick, though. Funny thing is, everyone said he would have preferred S’kef…like, the only bigger dick. Fuckin’ brownriders. They are the ones we ought to be killing off!”

“Wait, your old wingsecond…T’shiro, right? The one who wore womens’ jewelry or whatever?”

“Eh…not exactly ‘womens’,” the other said, face twisting into a smile. The idea seemed to amuse him both the same. The pair laughed as they continued along.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)