World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Trying For A Quiet Day [S'kef]

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

Written By: DeeStar
N'kal was in an increasingly sour mood, which even for him was pretty bad. Torath had demanded he get out of the weyr for a while and go flying with him, so that was what he had done. They had been flying for hours and as usual, Torath had been right in dragging him away from the intense mood that was bringing the weyr down. He still couldn't believe someone had tried to kill D'ren, thinking about it made his blood boil once again, and almost as soon Torath broke into his mind. Best to not think about it for a while. Getting upset will not fix anything

N'kal gave a bit of a grunt but leaned forward and patted Torath's neck. Yeah bud, I know. I can't help it. Which was true, the way he saw it was if they had the balls to go after the Wereleader, what was to stop them from trying to kill them all? You don't even like half the people at the Weyr!, Torath said in his easy manner, a slight amusement there, morbid though it might have seemed. 'True enough, doesn't mean I wan't any of them dying needlessly. We need D'ren damn it!' He of course wasn't yelling at Torath, he was simply yelling in general and he was frustrated all over again. He was in no way a fan of S'kef and he was beyond pissed that he was currently in charge.

Torath, annoyed now that all his hard work of calming N'kal down in the first place, seemed to be slipping away, broke from his even flying and took a straight nose dive, folding his wings against his body after sending himself into a whirling spin. N'kal gave a sharp yell, flailed as he hadn't even remotely expected that reaction, and cursed out loud before he managed to get his grip on his saddle 'What the hell Torath!!

A deep rumbling was all he got in return, which generally meant he was being laughed at. All he could see was the world spinning and spinning until finally Torath broke off the nose dive and spin, unfolded his great wings pulled out of the dive smoothly and banked sharply to the left, headed for the hunting ground, weaving in and out of imaginary hoops for all N'kal could tell. Either way, Torath was giving him one heck of a lesson in holding on.

N'kal couldn't help himself any longer and he laughed out loud, a deep rich laughter that few ever heard. 'Alright! Alright! You win! No more weyr thoughts! You great pain in the ass!' Again he received the laughing rumble that drove him insane, like Torath had known something all along that he refused to share. As I should! Your mind belongs to me today, not to the dark thoughts of the weyr. N'kal laughed at that and scratched the area of Torath's neck he could reach now that they were flying level again. Oh...so I am someone else's tomorrow? I did not know you had ever meant to share me!' That statement got another nose dive and a growl that reverberated through his mind and body, causing him to laugh and shout out loud. "I'm joking I'm joking you great big lump!!"

You are not funny..., Torath said lightly, though there was a touch of amusement to the voice as it rolled through his mind. I am hungry, shall I return you to the weyr while I hunt? N'kal scratched at his neck again and gave that some thought. 'No, just drop me off near the river, I will find something to do until you're done. You're right, I need to not be there for the day.' Torath rumbled at that and did as N'kal had asked, leaving him at the rivers edge just south of Katila and went off with a roar to gorge himself.

N'kal watched him until he could barely see him against the clear blue sky then turned his attention to the river. He took off his boots and set them on a large rock, sat on the rivers edge and dropped his feet in the cold water. It was hard to not think about what had been happening at the weyr but after a while he cleared his mind and just watched the water rush by as he waited for Torath to return.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Shards, Tyrrisath. You told me no one was out here S'kef said irritably as the pair flickered into view overhead. The rider's outline was visible at the water's edge, though from such a height S'kef couldn't discern who it was. And it was true when  I said it  Tyrrisath grumbled, fanning his wings and falling into a loose, lazy spiral. Neither was in any hurry to land, at least not without getting a good view of whoever it was down below.

N'kal. Torath. Tyrrisath said as he traced Torath's retreating form with his suspicious eyes. Do you still wish to land?

S'kef had been hoping for a bit of solitude himself, but he decided against retreating.  By now, they'd almost certainly been noticed. Showing up and deciding against landing would look weak, like they'd been too intimidated to encorach. S'kef was confident in himself, but not foolish enough to think that bronzeriders wouldn't be chomping at the bit to pick out weakness in a brownriding Weyrleader. With his legitimacy still in question, he would not give any bronzerider that luxury.

It would be nice to encroach on a bronzerider for once. S'kef had labored under the assumption of inferiority for so long...Shards, he could practically feel his boot on their throats now! He smirked and gave Tyrrisath the go-ahead to land.

The brown dragon settled close by and lowered his head, allowing S'kef to slip down. The beast cast a silently disdainful glare at N'kal before backing up and taking off again. He silently reminded S'kef of his hunger. The brownrider gave his dragon leave to fee,d trusting Tyrrisath not to gorge himself.

Time to scope out the Weyr's attitude.

"Hello there, Bronzerider N'kal," he said, flashing an easy smile at N'kal. "I didn't expect to see anyone else out here. How are you?"

The smile remained, but the small talk was hollow. He was much more interested in N'kal's body language, but he couldn't give that away. He'd always made a point of being polite in public, though he never knew which individuals might have seen his less elegant side slip through when he lost a grip on his temper. N'kal...he didn't know.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal had just had the idea to lay back on the ground when he happened to look up and spot a Dragon and rider pop into existence from between. N'kal frowned for all he was worth at the intrusion, but it wasn't like he owned the land so he just as quickly got over it. That the dragon was a brown hadn't meant much to him, but as the dragon circled around and came closer, he had to fight the urge to scowl again. 'S'kef just showed up.', he sent without so much as thinking about it. He wasn't surprised that he did not get a response, but he had felt better sending it anyway.

He had the urge to get up and walk back to the weyr, but without Torath he would simply be irritated the entire way, and punching the current stand in Weyrleader in the face probably wouldn't go well for him. He wasn't about to get lashing for being foolish enough to go against him. He had got the position by default, though he wasn't sure what the deal was with N'gelt stepping down, but N'kal didn't buy the bull S'kef had dished out as reasoning. 'Damnit there goes my nice relaxing day!', he thought to himself, not wanting to alert Torath to his change in mood. Too Late, do you want me to return?, Torath asked easily, if not slightly growly. N'kal could feel his hunger however and his reluctance to let his kill go, and he was in no danger as of yet. 'No, but do not stay too far, I may need to you save me from myself if this goes down hill. And watch yourself Tyrrisath is headed your way.

N'kal had never been so glad for Torath's keeping a close eye on him, especially when he had been so cranky lately. He hadn't gone off as far as N'kal had thought, or he had turned around and come back a ways without him realizing it, either way he was close enough to hear, and therefore close enough to help, if need be. He couldn't express his love for Torath at that moment, but he would think on it. It was the only thing that kept him in the right frame of mind when S'kef approached and called a greeting to him while his Tyrrisath flew off to feed most likely. He did not need to worry about Torath, he might never have out flown him, but he was pretty damn sure he could fight him off if need be. I love you too N'kal., Torath cut into his thoughts quickly, and was gone again just as quickly.

N'kal, attention back on S'kef, grunted a return greeting as he did with most people he interacted with, not bothering to stand or move except to look up at him as he came near, weyrleader or not. He wasn't sure he cared for the smile on his face, and had he been a woman, the look most likely would have made his skin crawl. He wasn't a woman however, Thank goodness for that...., Torath chimed in quietly, and N'kal had to force himself not to laugh. Hush you.., he sent back before finally speaking to S'kef.

"Yes well....Some dragons seem to think their rider's need to get out more.", he said in his usual gruff manor, he wasn't going to put on a smile and dance to a new tune just because S'kef was the acting weyrleader, hell he hadn't even done that for D'ren.

He couldn't remember the last time S'kef actually sought him out for conversation, and N'kal didn't think his coincidentally being where he had landed would have changed that. That lead N'kal to think he was either up to something, or wanted something, and he wanted nothing to do with it.  However, out of some sort of respect for the position he held currently, he wasn't going to up and leave, yet. He did however nonchalantly rest his arms on his legs and watched the water flow by. S'kef was hardly a friend, but one thought sent would have a rampaging bronze on his neck, so N'kal was more inclined to let S'kef see he was no threat and that he was not threatened by him.

"What brings our acting Weyrleader out here, when there is so much going on within the weyr?", he asked as pleasantly as he was willing, which simply meant he was gruff but not rude about it. N'kal knew why he was out here, he had wanted to get away from all the insanity, the absolutely uproar that the weyr was in, or rather Torath had wanted him to get away from it. He supposed S'kef could be doing the same, though again, he doubted almost everything the man did even though he had never done anything to him directly. He just couldn't like the man, much like most people in the weyr.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef wasn't surprised by the frosty reception. Very few of the Weyr's bronzeriders looked upon him favorably, especially after the stunt ot declaring himself Weyrleader. He knew it galled them, and after being rudely awakened after turns of admiring the bastards, he was glad for it. He sincerely sharding hoped to make their entitled, self-righteous hides as uncomfortable as possible, though one might never guess as much based on his demeanor, not unless they looked behind the guarded expression on his face and noticed the flickering of humor in his eyes.

He smiled. "Tyrrisath must eat," he reasoned gently, though that wasn't much of an answer and he knew it. Tyrrisath was well capable of eating on his own. In truth, the brownrider wanted a moment to clear his head before tackling the next knot of problems that lay on his itinerary. He was still not used to the demands of the position, though at least they were similar to his duties as Weyrsecond. He needed a short break to compose himself, but he was just as happy to make it look like a surprise inspection or a happy coincidence...whichever N'kal chose to believe.

He crossed his arms and smiled at the bronzerider, evaluating him for a moment and allowing his dry curiosity to show through. "And what about you? The same, I'd assume?" He maintained a smooth, conversational tone. Small talk had never been his strong suit, but he figured it was worth a shot to size this guy up.

He wondered if N'kal was ambitious. That could be a good or a bad thing....a strong ally or a dangerous enemy. It was worth sticking his nose into, since he would need to rearrange the Weyr's power structure once the population was able to limp away from the recent..tragedy.

"Nice to have a break from wing practices, eh?" he asked, rigidness fading into what almost counted as playfulness, though not quite. He watched the bronzerider carefully, awaiting his reaction. Wings had, of course, been dissolved. S'kef was going to rearrange the wings soon, but he needed to separate the bad from the good first. It was a shame that R'nya didn't want his old job back...he was a fine wingleader, and one of the few bronzeriders S'kef had any respect for since his disillusionment. What about N'kal, though? He was interested, but remained cautious. A potential friend was still a potential enemy, and this one didn't seem exactly receptive so far.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal gave an amused sort of grunt at that half answer. "I suppose. As big as your brown is I am sure, like my Torath, he has a mighty appetite." The small talk was annoying him, he didn't much care for talking, and even less when it was someone he didn't much care for. Again, he had to remind himself that S'kef was the Weyrleader, and as such had to be accorded a certain amount of respect..or tolerance...or something along those lines.

N'kal wasn't sure exactly where this conversation was headed, but he would be glad to see it ended. He hadn't wanted to discuss politics today, that had been Torath's plan after all. It still is....I will be done soon. 'Take your time, I am alright for now.', he sent back along with every reassuring feeling and sentiment he could muster. He never liked to rush Torath into anything unless it was actually important.  Your happiness and comfort are very much important, all you need is to ask, and I will be right there., Torath stated calmly, if not slightly distracted. 'I know...I know.', he answered after a moment.

He gave a bit of a shrug in response to S'kef's question. His eyes searching the sky in the direction that Torath and Tyrrisath had gone. "Yeah....mostly I wanted to get out of the weyr..too much politics, too much drama, and too many people plotting on what is going to happen. Too much for a simple rider like myself to deal with daily. I'll be glad when things get back to normal." His answer was given rather dismissively, and again that was not really out of the norm for him. He still didn't understand why the man was actually bothering to talk to him. N'kal did his best to stay as far under the radar as he could, given the fact that he was a bronze rider and certain things were always expected of bronze riders. He had no political interests and had never actually vocally said anything bad about S'kef, at least not that he remembered. So why bother with him now?

The next time S'kef spoke N'kal actually looked up at him with some kind of interest. "Thread doesn't take breaks" he said gruffly, even though he knew damn good and well it hadn't fallen in forever. "But all things considered, currently, yes...Yes I suppose it is nice and I suppose I should thank you for that." N'kal in no way disliked practice, it kept him and Torath sharp, fit, and gave the rider something to do outside his miserable and lonely thoughts. But now he was starting to think he knew what S'kef was up to, sorting out the riders. Not a bad move he supposed, considering he probably knew most people didn't want him as weyrleader. "My guess is you will not be putting the wings back the way they were?" He was fairly certain he knew the answer, it wasn't like he gave a damn what he did with the wings honestly, so long as he left him and Torath out of whatever scheme he was cooking up.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S"kef was relieved to be able to drop the small talk. He wasn't particularly fond of it either, and in his minimal response, N'kal had said everything S'kef needed to hear from him. The man was obviously disinterested in politics, and his neutral language and overall gruffness spoke more than his actual words. S'kef even found himself smiling a little, pleased to bump against someone so uninterested in choosing a side.

Don't trust too quickly Tyrrisath mumbled, apparently a good deal more skeptical and wary than his own rider. I never do S'kef replied, almost irritably. He didn't need Tyrrisath to remind him to be careful, but what good was being too careful? Clearly he had nothing to fear from this man.

When N'kal asked a question, S'kef redirected his attention. "Not at all," he replied truthfully, tone still pleasant, though a hint of derisiveness lurked there as well. Why the hell would he keep D'ren's assignments? That mad was an addle-brained old fool. S'kef didn't even bother to mask his disdain, though it was not as overly forward as it could have been. He'd save his choice words for private. "I plan on redoing them all." On his own time. He was in no hurry, at least not for the time being. He'd rather pull all the weeds out of the garden first. That part was more fun, anyhow.

"Adjustments are in order, but I'd rather not be hasty about it. D'ren was well-intentioned, but the man relies too heavily on his personal biases." He wasn't shy to say it, either. Anyone who couldn't tell that D'ren was hung upon his own stupid codes was an idiot. Still, S'kef smiled. "He worked very hard, though. No one can argue against that."

He wondered what N'kall thought of D'ren, but he wasn't stupid enough to ask directly.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

As much as he didn't trust S'kef, and as much as he was concerned about the conversation, the man's manner was far more relaxed then he anticipated. For a few moments he could almost let himself forget that he disliked him as a whole, he could see him as just another man in the weyr trying to get by day to day. That didn't mean he was going to start being all buddy buddy and start talking shop, but he could at least be reasonably more civil then he had planned. For now.

He lifted a brow slightly at the tone that S'kef used to reply to his inquiry. He had thought as much, but had already had the notion in mind to prepare for a changing of fights and possibly ranks. He simply nodded in response at first, then gave a bit of a grin and added a quick, "No harm in that.", then listened to the rest of what S'kef had to say about the ranks.

He gave a solid grunt in response to the information given and made himself to appear as though he was thinking on the matter. 'And there we have it...he is going for information on our thoughts of D'ren. Want's to know if we are trustworthy.', he said to Torath, slightly annoyed. Be mindful of how you answer, or things may not go well. N'kal did not need to be told that, but he knew Torath was only saying it because it was the truth. 'Yeah, I know.'

"That's true enough, though I've nothin' to say on his personal feelings or actions. Keep to myself and keep out of other's business if I can help it." ,he said, even managing to say it a bit less gruff then he normally would. He figured that was about as diplomatic as he could manage to answer and not sound completely ignorant. He didn't care for his thoughts and feelings toward others being used in schemes or games. He wasn't friends with D'ren by any means but he had respected him. No he hadn't agreed with everything he did, but that didn't mean he was going to tell S'kef what he thought one way or the other.

Oi!! Lame post! Sorry!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef was surprised the first few times he encountered that sentiment, but by now he almost expected it. How pathetic and fear-driven these bronzeriders all were! Perhaps they merely feared conflict, but he figured it more likely that they feared for their lives. What cowards.

Shut out again he said softly, feeling Tyrrisath's gentle inquiry in the back of his mind. I'm not too surprised. Either they're actually afraid to get involved, or we're even more hated than we thought. There was a hint of amusement there. S'kef didn't fear being hated, though a lack of allies was frustrating to say the least. He had enough casual support, but it was time for these small-minded fools to get over D'ren already. The man was no better than dead.

He needed to maintain his outside civility, of course. "You're hardly the first to express that exact attitude," S'kef commented passively. It still baffled him for bronzeriders to show so little ambition. It was good for him, he figured, but shards! What a waste on their part! "Perhaps it's wise, in this climate...There's a lot of confusion and mistrust," he muttered, not bothering to clarify what exactly he meant by the observation. It was true...getting involved was likely dangerous. It was good to now friend from enemy, and to know who wasn't a factor at all.

The bronzerider was no longer of any use to him, but to dismiss himself too suddenly would be rude and unseemly. Hhe folded his hands neatly behind him and turned his eyes to the sky, watching as Tyrrisath swooped across the field to snatch a herdbeast. S'kef watched for a few silent moment, admiring his dragon's power, before speaking up again. "It's a shame about D'ren, though. Have you any thoughts on who might be responsible?" S'kef was genuinely curious. He'd been watching the population like a hawk and almost greedily stalking any clues that were reported. It seemed like everyone had an opinion or at least suspicions, and he wasn't about to dismiss any of them.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal gave a grunt and shrugged a bit, getting to his feet. He wasn't quite as tall as S'kef but he wasn't intimidated by the man in the least bit. He found that being taller then others caused them to be afraid of them, something he didn't mind, it usually helped keep people from getting to close to him. He stretched casually, cracking a few bones in his back as he did so. "I have just never had a care for politics. I am a wing rider S'kef, I don't trouble myself with anything except doin' my duty to the weyr and taking care of Torath." He gave S'kef's offhand words some thought and snorted, amused by S'kef's choice in words. "I doubt it has anything to do with the climate, though I will agree....there is a great deal of mistrust these days."

I return., came Torath's soothing voice and he turned to look in his general direction before S'kef made his statement about D'ren and asked the question that no one had an answer to. He frowned deeply and thought about it a bit then shook his head. "Sadly no, as I do tend to stay far away from others unless I have no choice. I would expect it to be someone part of the original rebellions, maybe a bronze rider with a bit to much ambition." At this point he heard the unmistakable flap of dragon wings and turned to watch Torath lazily fly his way, his belly most likely full. The great beast would want to lay about in the sun now and be pampered, washed, and oiled soon. As I should be!, he replied to the thought, amused and smug.

How has your chat with S'kef been? 'He doesn't like me, I don't like him...we don't like to chit chat. So...the usual.', he replied as Torath dipped down and turned to fly sideways, his wingtip trailing in the water, splashing N'kal as he went by, careful not to do the same to S'kef, before pulling up and circling again. Torath landed rather gracefully for having a full belly and walked easily to N'kal, who was brushing off droplets of water with an annoyed look, dipped his head a bit to S'kef in his way of a respectful greeting, before laying down and stretching out on the warm ground.

He followed S'kef's gaze and watched as his great brown dipped down, still feeding. He turned back to S'kef, his gaze a bit harder then normal. "Some might say it was you.", he said after a moment of studying the man. He held up a hand defensively before he could say anything. "I myself do not think so, as I am sure you know we need every dragon, and the loss of a rider equally means the loss of a dragon. Mind you I don't much like you and you don't seem to like really anyone, and that feeling seems to go through the weyr, I don't need to be social to know that." Be careful N'kal, Torath urged gently. 'I know, I know.', he replied gently, soothing him as best he could.

"Now, I don't want any trouble with you, you're our weyrleader and I will respect you, but I am an honest man, and someone around here needs to be honest. I know you don't care what I think, or what I have to say, but if you are going to be our weyrleader S'kef, care more about us, as a whole, and leave any personal vendettas out of it. Prove everyone wrong that a brown rider can be weyrleader without hurting people to do it." He paused and Torath yawned lazily and moved himself closer to N'kal so he could climb aboard once he was ready, as he could tell he was about done talking for the day.

N'kal waited patiently, looking S'kef in the eye, waiting for whatever retribution came from his words. He knew he was pushing it, but this whole sharding business with D'ren and S'kef was too much. People plotting against D'ren and Tsuen, people plotting against S'kef, people hurting people and dragons, it just pissed him off and he wanted the culprit caught, punished, and wanted life to settle back down into something stable.

Wow..sorry way wordier then I meant it to be..he just wouldnt shut up! x.x

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

S'kef stayed quiet this time,largely out of indecision. He wasn't sure if he resented or was amused by the bronzerider's presumptive need to lecture him about goodness and all that, but it wasn't of much consequence over all. Rather than risking an outward response in either direction, S'kef found himself smiling almost jovially, looking back at N'kal with a glint of interest. That was the best word to describe it...interest. N'kal was obviously perceptive.

"You're ballsy, to give me a lecture like that," he said, brushing it off as the mildest of jokes. S'kef was naturally arrogant and bore a deep resentment towards being told what to do by bronzeriders. He still remembered when he revered them, assuming they were destined for greatness by the color of their dragons' hides. A lot had changed in a short time, though. While before he'd have secretly cringed at the man's words, now he viewed the only as a sign of dangerousness and weakness.  The smile that accompanied S'kef's own commend was almost a polite challenge. Make me.

"You know, D're made a big point of 'caring' about everyone," he remarked. "I worked with him every day for two turns. He worked hard, stressed himself sick over it. Today, he has nothing to show for it. All it took was one person who didn't share his own sentiment..." He held up a single finger for emphasis. "One, but there were and still are many more. This place devours it's own, N'kal." His voice was heavy and bitter. It almost seemed as if he intended to continue, but if he did, he swallowed his words.

"...You are the wises among us, to stay out of it..." he added at length, shrugging.

Sorry he's such an asshole x.x

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

N'kal shrugged and Torath let out a huge yawn. "Call it what you will...I am not trying to lecture you, just somethin' I felt needed sayin'." He didn't plan on saying it again, nor to anyone else. The way he saw it S'kef would either ignore his words or heed them, N'kal was betting the overly arrogant man would ignore them though and retaliate against him for having said what he did. He can try., Torath said to him, a slight bite to his usually calm tone. 'Indeed', was all he replied.

He didn't much care for the smile on S'kef's face, he had never seen him smile for any good reason. He frowned slightly when he spoke again about D'ren. "He did work hard, he did everything he thought was right for us to survive." He frowned again slightly as he thought about the grief and bullshit D'ren and Tsuen had had to deal with in the last couple of Turns. It really irritated him that no matter what choices had been made, they had been made to keep them all alive, and everyone in their own selfishness seemed to continuously forget that. He did not know what the hell S'kef problem was, he had never bothered to ask, nor did he expect the brown rider would answer even if he had. All he knew was he was trouble, and having him as weyreleader was bad news, and it had nothing to do with him being a brownrider. N'kal could honestly care less about that much of the situation.

"And it only takes one to care enough to fix the mess one selfish bastard made." He said after a moment's thought. He then grunted at S'kef's last words then turned and with Toraths help climbed up and got settled. He wasn't wise at all honestly, at least not in his opinion. No...wise would have been keeping his big mouth shut, but then he would just be like everyone else, afraid of S'kef. He looked down at S'kef from Torath's neck. "Just...find who did this..and be a good weyrleader S'kef. We need to survive not be at each others throats. We should be worried about raising our dragons and children not constantly looking over our shoulders for fear someone is going to kill us and our dragons." He wanted to believe S'kef somehow, in some way cared about their dragons. He knew he cared about his own, just as every rider did, but did he care about any one or any thing else? He guessed only time would tell that.

"Now, I do apologize Weyrleader, Torath is pestering me for a bath.", he gave the closest thing to a friendly smile as he had ever given S'kef. Lies! Though it is a very good idea., Torath replied cheerfully to N'kal, which made him grin as he gave his neck a scratch. "And you know how these great babies are about their baths. If I may have leave to go?" I resent that..., Torath rumbled as he  sat, blue eyes swirling slowly as he waited for permission to go. He really did want a bath, now that N'kal had mentioned it...again.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Some small part of N'kal's appeal may have penetrated the stoic brownrider, how looked dispassionately back to him with only a passing shade of empathy in his eyes. For all his arrogance and self-righteousness, he understood the bronzeirder's words, and he agreed with them.

"I intend to be," he said, allowing his confidence to override any show of weakness he may have made, though that brief flickering had been undeniable. "Believe me, N'kal...I'm sick of it, too. It's time to put it to an end." Someone had to. S'kef planned on being that someone, but the knowledge that like-minded men existed in the Weyr made it easier. It was good to know that others were tired of it as well. S'kef could remember all the open conflict in the early turns, and how it had all become so tired and petty now. Maybe everyone was finally sick of it.

S'kef was, just maybe not in the same way as everyone else, or in the way that N'kal implied. N'kal's words were oddly encouraging, though. The brownrider found himself smiling sincerely at the bronzerider as he excused himself, more convinced than ever that he had the right idea.

"Have a good day, Bronzerider,"  S'kef said, perhaps sincerely. What an interesting day it had been.

N'kal
of Bronze Torath

Date of Birth
20.03.696, 49
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Hazel/Green
Build
Muscular, Toned
Hair
Brown, Shoulder Length

Threads

Torath rumbled softly and said, Do you believe him N'kal?. N'kal though he had seem a flash of something different in S'kef's eyes, though as soon as he noticed it it was gone and he was back to being S'kef. Whatever it had been to flash across his face was masked again in arrogance. 'Not sure bud.', he replied. 'I want to, but the past is a sore thorn to forget.' Maybe he has changed with all that has happened?, Torath offered quietly. He too wanted to believe that S'kef and his Tyrrisath wanted what was best for them all. 'Maybe', was all he said in response.

N'kal nodded at S'kef's words and grunted a bit. "Good, I am glad to hear that, it is far past time to end it, hopefully with little trouble for you.", he offered quietly. He was worried about the seemingly fragile conditions of the weyr, it was far to reminiscent of past Turns, and no one wanted that, well..mostly no one.

The smile that S'kef gave took him by surprise, though he did not show it. There seemed to be no malice behind it at all, a smile N'kal had rarely seen in the past. He nodded and returned the smile once he had leave to go, and Torath rumbled and gave S'kef a bit of a bugle. "You as well Weyrleader.", he said respectfully and actually pleasantly before Torath crouched, spread his wings and gave a powerful down sweep of his wings, taking of slowly then turning to angle toward the weyrbowl.

[End Thread]

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)